Who Uses This Software?
Small to mid sized accommodation properties, Short-term accommodation providers, hotels, lodges, Bed & Breakfasts, motels, serviced apartments, and villas.
Average Ratings25 reviews
- Overall 4.6 / 5
- Ease of Use 4.7 / 5
- Customer Service 4.8 / 5
- Features 4.3 / 5
- Value for Money 4.6 / 5
See pricing details
- Pricing Details 1-10 rooms: $69/month 11-20 rooms: $149/month 21-50 rooms: $249/month
- Free Version No
- Free Trial Yes, get a free trial
Cloud, SaaS, Web
24/7 (Live Rep)
- Founded 2015
Preno is a hotel management system that automates and streamlines daily administration tasks, helping operators run their front desk and back office efficiently. The system can be used by a variety of accommodation businesses, such as resorts, bed and breakfasts, vacation rentals, boutique hotels, villas, lodges, and serviced apartments.
Preno has a world-class integration with Xero accounting software and leading channel managers. Making admin and distributing your rooms through OTAs easy!
- Built-in Accounting
- Employee Management
- Extended Stay
- GDS/OTA Integration
- Loyalty Program
- Maintenance Management
- Marketing Automation
- Online Booking
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Single Property
- Vacation Rental
- Activities Booking
- Booking Notes
- Customer Support
- Group Reservations
- Promotions Management
- Rate Management
- Room Booking Management
- Third Party Booking
- Contact Management
- Fee / Commission Management
- Guest Reviews / Ratings
- Housekeeping Management
- Lead Management
- Owner Statements
- Payment Processing
- Property Database
- Reservations Management
- Vendor Management
- Work Order Management
Preno Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 10/05/2018
LOVE IT. I went from a paper based hard copy booking system to preno. It was an easy transition.
Comments: Easy to use so frees up my time
Ease of use. You could teach this system to almost any front end staff in a minimal amount of time. The team at Preno helped me to set up and guided me whenever i didn't understand something. I have been using this system for over 18 months and have not looked back. The Preno Team are always on hand if I have an issue (which is rarely as it functions at it is supposed to). They are very proactive about making changes and improvements but not so much that there are any interruptions to the flow or usage. They are open when you have a suggestion to improve on something. Billing can be done monthly or annually (you get to decide). As a small business this is important as is good reliable support.
I have no complaints at all. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this product and the team.
Cons: The only thing that doesn't really suit my business is the housekeeping page. I would like that to be a little more customisable so I currently don't use it and hand write my housekeeping instructions still.
by Preno on 15/05/2018
Thank you for your review. Thank you for your feedback, the team is working hard on new updates to housekeeping.
We are always around to assist. The team appreciates all your support.
- Amelia Gain
Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Easy to use but lacks simple functions
Comments: It lacks simple functions. Whilst it is an easy program to use, it still needs some work to make it a successful program across the board.
Pros: The program is easy to use especially for training new staff. We love the credit card feature and how easy it is to pop the credit card in and charge the card the card without manually using an eftpos machine. Entering rates has never been more easier, we love the the tabs along the bottom to show for outstanding balances etc. Visually the program is easy on the eyes. Simple program good for very small properties. Not sure how it would go on a large hotel. I like the idea of the revenue reports, however this would only be functional if accounted for is accurate entered through.
The program lacks a few simple features and functions. We don't like the check out process for a guest departure. When you click the checkout button (even when no money is owing on the profile) it takes you into the guest folio, you then have to go to the home tab and go through the pointless screen slide. A bit time consuming.
2. There is no where to set up a group master to add a payment too. There is way to much room for error for direct deposits to not be accounted for correctly or invoicing the incorrect people. The reconcile report can not show you if money has not been accounted for some where. It just shows that a button has been clicked and its shown up on a report. It is all to easy to clear a profile and void a profile for money to become easily untraceable. Simple functions for setting up groups (e.g. school groups, travel agents) can apparently only be done through Xero to apply payments and then to cash a guest profile off in preno you select relevant sub heading... If not set up correctly money is accounted for incorrectly and in our case untraceable from previous employees misuse. You need to stay on top of all transactions daily going back and forth between too many avenues. This is not a one stop shop program. A bed selection tab on the guests profile would be so handy the current way is harder to use, especially when converting to the housekeeping report. Overlapping bookings is easy to do if moving rooms. 1 month blocks would be nice to view.
by Preno on 08/05/2018
I think there were some unique issues in your handover from your previous management that proved challenging at the start. I think we did not give you enough training during this hand over too, but we know what it's like, it's a busy time.
We are different in how we leverage specialised apps like Xero and channel managers. This is what provides the time savings to so many of our users.
It sounds like you have a good handle of Preno now.
We appreciate your ongoing support and feedback!
Reviewed on 28/09/2016
Don't hesitate - it's brilliant!
Comments: We we lucky enough to begin trialling Preno late 2015 alongside our existing system. We made the full switch in March 2016 as the season started to wane. No regrets, no issues - seamless transition and 100% happy with our decision. The Preno team are brilliant to work with - so responsive when very rare issues arise. Always listen, and try and find a resolution as quickly as possible. Full integration with both Xero and Staah for accounts and channel management has made our lives so much easier. Best decision we have made in a long time by far.
Pros: Everything - quick, responsive, intuitive - so easy to use. Integration with Staah & Xero just fabulous.
Cons: Closing rooms off - but I know you are working on this. Needs to be easier from Preno side.
by Preno on 04/10/2016
Hi Wendy, awesome to hear such kind words from you! We're always working hard to make Preno better, and we'll have that update to make closing off rooms very soon! I'll make sure to update you when it's ready.
Reviewed on 04/04/2017
I love this software and the company!
Comments: I am a big supporter of new software and innovative companies always looking for improvement and Preno ticks all those boxes. I love their product and their customer service is tops! It couldn't be any better. They are working on continual improvements and I think it will be the best software to use out there! Currently it is extremely easy to use and it has some wonderful features. I love the house keeping feature that allows me to print out a form for the girls so they know how to configure the beds in each room and any notes that are applicable. The check in and payments systems are also extremely easy to use. Couldn't rate it enough! They have already implemented some great features from my feedback and I've only been using the product a few months... A very fast moving and great company to deal with. They are also taking initiative and working with my channel manager to deal with any issues and make the systems as user friendly as possible.
Pros: Easy to use and very intuitive. Great customer support and very helpful and friendly staff if you need any assistance.
Cons: There are a few things that take a few more clicks that I would like but they are working on improving those. The reporting feature is being improved also and I know it could be a little better but otherwise fantastic.
Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Waste of Money
Comments: Preno solved no problems whatsoever. I don’t understand why the owner even went into this line of work if they couldn’t solve even the most basic of problems. Only worried about selling the product and employing more marketing people than perfecting their product and providing customer service.
Pros: There is absolutely nothing about Preno that I can say was good.
No customer service. Not willing to listen to the customer. Unable to make simple changes to their software even though they are a software company.
Overpriced for a very very basic system.
by Preno on 16/10/2019
We always appreciate feedback, but this statement is false. Our team worked incredibly hard to help you.
- Our pricing is clearly displayed on our website.
- We fully discounted the setup fee for you.
- You utilized our 24/7 free in-app chat support, and phone support. All your enquiries were answered by our team.
- We love getting user feedback on our product and it does get monitored for the product team as we release new features regularly. We don't release features for one customer, we release new and useful features for all Preno users. Consideration is given to our roadmap and user feedback is an important part of this.
- Our account manager visited your property on multiple occasions for in-person training at no charge.
- When you moved to a new system last month we assisted you in moving all bookings across.
We're a product company and our team work very hard to ensure the best support and service is given