Who Uses This Software?
On-premise customizable presentation software that helps organizations of all size create and modify presentations with templates, themes, clipart, audio & video integration, cloud-storage and more.
Average Ratings13,932 reviews
- Overall 4.7 / 5
- Ease of Use 4.6 / 5
- Customer Service 4.3 / 5
- Features 4.5 / 5
- Value for Money 4.4 / 5
- Starting Price US$126.89/one-time
- Free Version No
- Free Trial Yes
Installed - Mac
Installed - Windows
Mobile - iOS Native
Mobile - Android Native
- Founded 1975
Industry leading presentation software with many different design themes. Typically bundled with Microsoft Office.
PowerPoint Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Industry Standard in presentation tools
Comments: I'm pleased with the program, especially in light of the advanced features and familiarity it offers. I would recommend to beginners and advanced users.
Even though the field is crowded today, PowerPoint still remains at the top of presentation and slide deck creation tools! Here's what I like most:
- No other platform or program offers as many advanced features as PowerPoint. What you are capable of doing with this Microsoft program may be mimiced or imitated by other platforms, but at the end of the day, no other platform is capable of all of the heavy lifting when compared to PowerPoint. It is a robust program.
- Even though, PP is loaded with features, it's also user-friendly. Most of us grew up in a day when Microsoft products reigned supreme, as a result, we intuitively know or feel comfortable with the interface.
- Due to the advanced features, PP allows creators to produce a more engaging, visually impressive presentation.
- It's affordable.
- PP links or integrates with so many other programs or platforms. Something as simple as creating handouts from PP is so simple - a process that is not as true for competitors.
- It's almost the industry standard. It doesn't matter what field/sector you discuss, PP is common knowledge, understood, and used by all (education, business, private, etc.).
- You can use it virtually anywhere, as long as you have a device of course. No connection is needed.
- Individual slides can be customized to your heart's delight. Competitors tend to offer themes, which are necessarily applied to the whole deck. Not so with PP.
- PowerPoint is versatile and can be used for many purposes.
Cons: I have no concerns or complaints about PowerPoint. Even though many competitors are in the field, I still think PowerPoint has carved out a significant space and will last for years to come.
Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Great idea, but badly outdated.
Comments: I love the ease of us in PowerPoint once you get the hang of it. I hate the little glitches it has when you export or save things. Something that they did, that is a benefit, is adding Microsoft Bing to search (mostly) royalty free images. it would be super awesome, if they had a plug-in for flicker and other royalty free images search sites or like Pixabay. I love the idea of PowerPoint, but it feels like it's a forgotten project by Microsoft. Only updated on rare occasions. I would even pay extra, for bonus features if they ended up or something. I do a lot of training, and I like Microsoft PowerPoint because I can create quick videos, and I am familiar with the software layout. If Microsoft developers upgraded the sound and editing features, as well as added some cooler graphics that don't look like they're from the 90s intros and outros, this could be a really good product to compete with current marketplace services. the benefit of PowerPoint is that it is all in one software package, first other software services, have way better graphics or effects, but take longer to piece together. I like PowerPoint, I really hope they improve it soon, it feels like a slow moving boat, next to all the Ferraris and jets out there.
Pros: Being able to export pp to video files. I do a lot of training, and create videos, PowerPoint makes it easier to create the base and export the video. Then edit the video in magic movie studio, to beef up the sound and add effects. It would be extremely helpful if I could add sound effects on the video, say when I click on a picture or something, and have it sync up correctly when I am recording audio. But as of right now it doesn't blend well and the mixer feels like something from the 90s, it's hilarious how tacky it is. Microsoft is good when they care about something, but it feels like PowerPoint is the bastard child they keep around out of pitt, but don't pay much attention to it, other than feeding it a meal every now and then.
Cons: Glitchy, very glitchy. Poor output processing, if you accidentally save, it will cancel your entire export and not bother asking you if that's what you want or to cancel the save. Love many features, but it feels so old and static. They could offer way cooler intros, outs, and side effects, but they are still stuck in the 1997 to 2003 graphics era. Cheesy effects. I love creating tutorial videos with PP, please give more options for audio sound effects, splicing, and editing. The system now is very 1997ish. So basic!
Reviewed on 22/11/2019
The number one presentation software package
Comments: I've created innumerable presentations for clients big and small. In my many years of using the product and sending presentations to people all around the globe, I have never once had someone tell me they could not open a file or report any problems with their presentation. It takes some practice to truly master, but once you've spent quality time working with the software you can do some good stuff.
Pros: PowerPoint is a straightforward tool for making and showing presentations with an interface that is very much "what-you-see-is-what-you-get." It is also the dominant presentation software, meaning that you will probably never find a client or venue that will have problems with any presentation you created in PowerPoint. It is also rather versatile, allowing users to do far more that slide-based presentations. Users can create online slideshows, clickable infographics, and embed original graphics and videos.
Cons: Like all Microsoft products, PowerPoint has it's eccentricities. It could be more user-friendly, which is where some of the competing presentation apps excel. It is absolutely not good for creating original art or illustrations, even though many users seem to think so. If you want original graphics then you should be creating them in some other app (like Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and then importing them into PowerPoint.
Reviewed on 18/11/2019
Comments: As a freelancer you have to stay on top of the game and PowerPoint is one of my favorite programs to work with. After many years of using the program, I am still discovering the power of PowerPoint. It takes some dedication and determination to master the program but it is all worth the effort. There are many presentations flying around on e-mails and my favorite pastime is to pull it apart to see how it was put together. I have learnt so much from doing this and it inspired me to think out of the box. With PowerPoint the sky is the limit.
PowerPoint can seem to be a bit overpowering when you first start but once you get to grips with the basics, it becomes one of your favorite programs to work with. The trick is to break long paragraphs down to short and powerful points and manipulate it in such a way to keep the audience in suspense. PowerPoint has great tools to assist you with this process. We all know bullet points are extremely boring but PowerPoint’s features are amazing and the audience will not even realize they are being presented with bullet points!
PowerPoint “communicates” very well with Word, Excel and Publisher and it is easy to incorporate photos, charts, clip art etc. in your presentation. The animating features are excellent and bring your presentation to life.
PowerPoint not only creates beautiful presentations, the program further assist you to time your presentation to the second. One example is to hide a few slides for a shorter presentation.
I encourage people to start with something they would like to do for themselves in order to learn the program and a great start is to create a PowerPoint presentation of their photos and eventually make their own video. People quickly learn how to add text, manipulate photos, add sounds or music and before they know it, they are hooked on PowerPoint!
Cons: Like any new program, PowerPoint can seem very overpowering in the beginning and it is a shame that people do not have the time to experiment with the program to discover its full potential. The learning curve seems to take forever and apart from PowerPoint’s help features, there are many excellent training videos and manuals available these days.
Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Power Point - Power of creation Presentations
Comments: I have been using it for about 5 years in school for my reports, 4 years as a student for my project presentations and about 2 years in my working career. I found it useful for every part of our life, so pretty recommend the app. I have been using also the office 365 version which makes it more powerful, and also pretty recommend using it. Everyone who needs to have beautiful presentations created fastly and with professionalism, needs to have this product.
I think the software is very cool and powerful for your personal and business presentation because of:
1. It has a lot of features that you can use to create your presentation - you have layouts with designs, you can add your custom ones too. There are pretty animations that beautify everything. You can add music, video, control it in every way you want and many more.
2. Everything happens very intuitively - you don't need to waste time wondering how to do some operation on your presentation - you just need to trust your intuition and almost everything is there for you. And the final result looks very professional.
3. You do not need to be a designer to have beautiful presentations, because of the cool visions that PowerPoint supports.
4. There is a presenter View which I pretty like - you can watch on your screen the presentation how you want it - with your personal notes and timing, and to project it on another screen in the way the public needs to view it.
5. You can choose to buy it with office 365 - which makes it even more powerful. One great feature for me is that multiple people can work on one file simultaneously which helps in team working a lot.
6. And finally, I think the software can help every person - from small home projects, through student and school purposes, to big business projects.
Cons: Since my work with the software, I didn't have any issues that caused me to dislike the software. I found it very useful, easy to use and creative. And through time the product amazes me with new and new features which make my work looks better.