15 years helping British businesses

About WebSelfStorage

The industry's only management software with fully integrated payment processing, advertising, tenant insurance, contact center & more

Learn more about WebSelfStorage

Pros:

We have used other programs, and this by far offers the best coverage for all aspects of storage tasks, reports, and accountability.

Cons:

NO ONE knows what is going on. We are definitely getting something different, no matter what the cost.

WebSelfStorage ratings

3.2
3.4
3.2
3.4

5.4/10

WebSelfStorage has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars based on 94 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WebSelfStorage before?

Colin

Shalimar Self Storage Converts to WSS from Sitelink

Comments: I've had a great experience with WebSelfStorage. While some competitors may have similar features, I found the functionality and cost of WSS to be unmatchable.

Pros:

“I had worked for U-Haul Moving and Storage as a Customer Service Rep, Assistant Manager, General Manager, and Area Field Manager for several years, so I knew the value of the program and was much more familiar with that operating system. Not to mention, our location was already a U-Haul Dealer, so the change to become a self-storage affiliate as well was a no brainer.” “This platform is far cheaper than what Sitelink was charging us monthly for, in my opinion, an inferior product. We do pay extra for the call center, but this has helped us to answer any questions our tenants may have after office hours, as well as making payments, and receiving reservations for our empty units. Centralized mailing may have had the largest impact for us as a company so far. Under prior management, days were spent trying to type up rate increase letters and auction notices. Not to mention, half of them were never even mailed. Now with WebSelfStorage, we are provided with a letter template for various actions common among the storage industry. We then can have them mailed directly to our customers at standard postage costs. It's beautiful when the whole system ties together, it makes for much less hassle.” The newest version is much more user friendly than the past.” “The most impressive aspect of WebSelfStorage since signing up in June is the support. I know in the past extended support would cost the location if they wanted phone contact with a representative outside of their setup windo

Cons:

Over the phone customer support was once charged to the customer, now with the new version of WSS, it is much easier to get any questions you have answered. Sometimes you will have to wait if they are busy, but once you speak to a representative, they make it very easy for you to access them when needed.

5 years ago

Thanks for your feedback Colin! We always look forward to hearing from our Affiliates!

Jay
President in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Great Improvement from Old Version

Comments: Excellent, simple and easy. Great support staff, well trained and well lead.

Pros:

Easy to use and navigate. Easy to Train new users. Very mobile functional even for Admin functions. Very cost-effective payment merchant options. Lots of automated functions. New [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has totally turned it around and now improvements are getting made very quickly. Software is easily one of best out there! VERY cost effective and simple to use with one or multiple stores. New customers can be looked in the uhaul db on a national basis for contact information that automatically comes in.

Cons:

Needs the revenue management brought into the new version. More reliable centralized mailing reporting. Better reporting for Mobile Digital Walk Around (inventory). API is nearly worthless at this point. Digital signatures on contracts is still pretty basic. Needs an API link with a full function eSign software or integrated eSign functions that are connected to a kiosk app or a website link. Customer portal is still branded like Uhaul and can't be modified for company designs or just trimmed down to be unbranded.

Abbie
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Trash - you get what you pay for

1.0 last month New

Pros:

The price, the call center and payment processing fees specificaly

Cons:

It is absolutely horrendous. Terrible customer service. The help desk doesn't know how to answer 75% of questions. Ongoing problems with their software, including a broken data feed from Uhaul.com, where customers pay online, which has been broken for more than 6 months. Our customers have to call us to update their contact or payment info. The say they integrate with several 3rd parties but it is not true integration, manual processes must come into play in all APIs. Terrible software that needs to be scrapped and built correctly.

Pat
Facilities Services, Self Employed

Great software at an excellent value.

Comments: With the new design and update, all processes are clearer and easier to handle.

Pros:

Since the recent major update, the software is easier to use, integrated with security gate, communicates with customers either automatically or individualized. The help chat staff is knowledgeable and efficient, and the wait is usually only a few minutes. Easy to print leases from tenant information. For the price it can’t be beat!

Cons:

Photo id’s are not integrated on the lease, although there are prompts to make copies.

Armand
Owner, Managing Partner in US

5 star customer service

Comments: Five stars to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for her in-depth knowledge and patience with a 1 hour and 11 minute Q&A review of system features. She had the answer to every question, which was pretty amazing. Thanks to her excellent service we are able to better serve our customers!
Kudos to the WebSelfStorage team as well for constantly excellent service!

Pros:

Customer service; technical and administrative support.

Cons:

We are still learning the new walk around report.

Margaret
owner in US
Warehousing, 2–10 Employees

Top Notch Technical support.

Comments: We have already had several customer move in because of Web Self Storage. We are not paying 1 1/2 the first months rent to a foreign company to rent our units. Finally we can answer our own phone calls without going through a third party. It is more economical and are dealing with friendly people.

Pros:

I was intimidated by the program at first : however, with the help of rep they have made it seem easy. I am 73 years old and learn easier by hands on. The guidance that me and my team has received has helped immensely. Of course with any new program it is going to be a learning curve, I am thankful to have caring help on the other end..

Cons:

It takes longer to take an application. I am sure with time, it will go faster. This is only our first week to be dealing with a new program. If you are moving over to WebSelfStorage do so after the 10th of the month it makes it much easier.

5 years ago

It is so nice to hear your feedback Margaret! Thank you for being a part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network. If you or anyone on your team ever needs assistance specific to your facility, please utilize our WebSelfStorage Admin team at 866-693-6683 option 1. We are happy to help!

Bryan
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Customer Service Sucks

Comments: I'm supposed to fix or work around any problems myself; anytime I contact U-Haul their immediate reaction is they are not responsible for any issues we are having.

Pros:

The price is the only right thing about WSS.

Cons:

Their communication and updates are non-existent. Our customers are no longer getting email notifications. Because of a conflict in email security.

DeAnna
Office Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

WebSelfStorage

Pros:

It is a good program for the monthly fee. Easily integrates into our kiosk and gate programs.

Cons:

The inability to send notices and invoices to clients with Gmail addresses due to Web Self Storage not updating their settings to allow it. Also, a branch of Uhaul so their website lags and takes some time to load.

Penny
Facility Manager in US

Web Self Storage we no longer use.

Comments: At this time there are no benefits as we no longer use this software/product.

Pros:

In the beginning WSS was a breeze to use. entering tenants names, addresses and phone numbers. That is not hard at all. The ease of renting a unit and being able to vacate them was easy enough. The reports were understandable to interpret. The daily open/close procedure was easy too.

Cons:

The few things that I did not care about were the customer support when there woul dbe issues and there were plenty of days that issues came up. Not being able to log in, at times was a daily occurrence. The system itself would double and sometimes triple charge a tenants credit card after the payment had already been processed for auto pay!That was an accountant's nightmare. After finally speaking to someone in support, they were not very helpful at all.

Frank
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

New upgrade costs heavily in time and we had to call in digi-gate to make interface work.

Comments: Helps you consider possibilities.

Pros:

Excellent controls - good for multi location operation. Low cost. Usable from remote computers. Some customer reference from other locatioins

Cons:

Repeated failed upgrades and cloud interface. On new system, after a week they still are down loading other storage customers mixed in with our customers.

President in US

WebSelfStorage

Comments: We have used WebSelfStorage for the past 5 - 6 years and have grown with the product including several iterations of the software and several minor (and one major) upgrade. We have found that the support to be great and very helpful.
Overall our experience has been a good one.

Pros:

The software is the backbone of how we run our storage & retail point of sale operation. It is intuitive and helps us operate our entire operation. I like the ease of use, the reporting for storage and the mapping features.

Cons:

At times it does go down. The retail functionality could be more intuitive regarding the sale of retail merchandise. I feel the retail point of sale functionality and reports tools are very limiting.

4 years ago

Thank you David! We always appreciate hearing from our Affiliates. Please feel free to contact us directly with any feedback, we are happy to hear from you. Out toll free # is 1-866-693-6683 option 1.

Brock
Storage Operator in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Functions Great

Comments: I have been very pleased with Web Self Storage. They have made my operating experience really easy. I have a lot of doors I am collecting on and Web Self Storage has made it simple to operate all of it. If I do call them with questions they are very helpful answering any questions that I have.

Pros:

I am not a technological person. I'm just not into all of that stuff. I am into things that help things run smoother. I learn ways to operate things smoother and then operate them better. WebSelfStorage has helped me do that. The ins and out of all of it are pretty simple once you work with it a little bit. If there is something you are unsure of they have people that can help you operate through it.

Cons:

I would like a way to work with someone a little more to help me further understand ways that could help me run all of my storage smoother. Now that I've been running it for almost 2 years I would like someone to work with me to help me in ways that I haven't figured out yet on my own. I'm sure this is possible but just haven't talked with anyone about it.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! remove review Thank you for your post! Please contact us at 866-693-6683, option 1, option 2, and we can set you with a brief webinar to help and some quick tips!

Brett

Hate This Software

Comments: I hate webselfstorage. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Pros:

I hate this software. There is literally nothing I like about it. It is not easy to use. It never works well. IT is never helpful and seldom seems to know what's going on. I've had issues that they've been working on fixing for over a year now.

Cons:

Does not send reminders and IT has been "working on it" for over a year now. Unable to log into the system for an entire day on the 1st of the month with no email explanation, sat on hold with customer service for 30 minutes before giving up. IT is unable to help figure out why a new lease is generated every single time I take payment on a unit at one location but not the second. Among many other issues.

3 years ago

Hi Bret, I apologize for the error that occurred over the weekend and I understand your concerns. An Operations Coordinator will be reaching out to John and you today to check in on issues that you are experiencing with the lease agreement and payments.

Monique
Property Manager in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Negative STAR RATING

Comments: The classic WSS was by far superior to the "upgrade", which is by far, FAR, the worst software I have used, EVER. I have been in the business sector for over thirty years, and I have used many, many different software systems for private security, medical, and others. WSS rewrite, upgrade, or whatever they will call it next, is the worst software, with the worst customer service that I have ever come across throughout the years.

Pros:

There are no Pros to this software, customer service, and no way to negatively rate this WSS rewrite upgraded, HORRIFFIC PROGRAM. I honestly can not think of one good thing to say about this "rewrite" upgrade, except, they should have stayed with the original software. But, for the sake of being "trendy" and "looking updated, your business will suffer the consequences of complete failure. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH WEBSELFSTORAGE!

Cons:

From the time this software upgrade was implemented, it has been a disaster! No words can express my disappointment, frustration and anger with this upgrade with no option to decline. We have lost valuable information, the accounting is off so bad, and has and will cause countless man hours to decipher, because WSS online chat, and the helpline techs all have the same answer,..."I DON'T KNOW, I'LL HAVE TO SEND IT UPSTAIRS TO THE DESIGNER/PROGRAMMERS TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT". This software is a nightmare, not user friendly, and takes four times the effort to perform a task and four times printable! TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. The designer of this software must have gone to "special" school for the I DON'T KNOW.

Sarah
Office Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Worst Management Software Ever!

Comments: It took over 2 months to set up as I had to hand type every single customer contract I had into their system. The original system was complicated and took a long time to learn. However once I had a hang of it, it worked quite well. However, after only being on the system a few months they had an 'upgrade'. The upgrade does allow you to access the software from mobile devices. But has so many errors. I takes longer to print monthly invoices with this 'management software' than it did when I was hand typing invoices and keeping manual books on a spreadsheet.

Pros:

They have a customer portal that allows customers to log on and pay their bill, see their rates, etc.

Cons:

Everything else. Software had multiple issues when downloading customer lists, reports, and letters, leading to hours of double checks and corrections before I can use the downloads.

5 years ago

Thank you for your feedback Sarah. I apologize for the delayed response. If you or anyone on your team would like to discuss issues specific to your facility, please utilize our WebSelfStorage Admin team at 866-693-6683 option 1. Our team is free to call and we are happy to help. Thank you for your continued support and for being a part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network. Toni Colasso U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network 866-693-6683

Ruth
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Upgrade Nightmare

Comments: After numerous phone calls, phone calls not returned and countless hours on the phone with Web Self Storage Support personnel regarding the Quickbooks interface with the updated software it is still not operational. it was to be operational in Dec 2018, that date was not met and the new date was Jan 2019. It is now February 2019 and it is still not operational for my business. The support staff informed me that I would need to enter information manually into QB until my issue could be resolved. One of their supervisors informed me I had taken too much of theirs staffs time and informed me it was a QB issue. After calling QB I was assured it was actually an issue with Web Self Storage software. Based on my experience I would definitely not recommend this company or their software!

Pros:

Based in my experience absolutely nothing

Cons:

The software upgrade does not function with my Quickbooks

Jen

Old Version Was Much Better

Comments: None, between not even being able to login and not being able to process payments once the system finally logged in, the whole thing has been entirely useless.

Pros:

If you are interested in purchasing this software, WAIT! The new update that is currently launched is useless. I am hoping the issues will all be fixed soon but until then, do not purchase this software.

Cons:

I hope every single one of WebSelfStorage's tech team was fired. Nothing seems to work on this new update. Why did I spend the entire day today not even being able to login? How is a business supposed to make money when I can't even run a credit card payment? This is absolutely ridiculous. Fix the WHOLE issue stat or revert back to the old version.

Sue
CEO in US

My WebSelfStorage Experience

Comments: I highly recommend the WebSelfStorage software and the support personnel to help your facility run very efficiently

Pros:

Being new to the self-storage industry, we have achieved a relative amount of success from the support we get from the WebSelfStoragestaff and the software system that helps our facilities run very smoothly. Every time I call and have an issue, it is literally resolved in a matter of minutes. Everyone is professional courteous and so nice to work with.

Cons:

I don't have any cons regarding the program at this time.

5 years ago

Thank you Sue for your feedback! We always appreciate hearing from our Affiliates. Thank you for being a part of the U-Haul Self-Storage Affiliate Network!

Tonja
Administrative Assistant in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great Service!!! Great Software!!

Comments: Our experience with the Web Self Storage customer support staff was beyond excellent! Our CSR, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], went way above and beyond in helping us and getting us up and running. She provided us links for additional training and made sure we understood how to complete certain tasks.
The process of getting us up and running so quickly would not have happened without the Web Self Storage support staff.

Pros:

Reports are great! Templates are fantastic!

Cons:

It would nice to be able to pull up the Site Map and not have to leave it to go to another section of the website.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! -CC

Robert
Warehousing, 2–10 Employees

Great customer service people!

Comments: Very pleasant. They conduct themselves in a professional manner.

Pros:

It is spot on and timely. The customer service is outstanding. Especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT] She is "spot on" with her technical knowledge and superb with speedy customer service.

Cons:

A little difficult to familiarized myself as I am not a super technical person. But with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT], she makes the process easier.

Wes
owner in US
Furniture, 2–10 Employees

This stuff stinks

Comments: There is nothing good about locking out tenants who are all paid up or not locking out people who have not paid inmonths.

Pros:

It used to work great, but then they fixed it.

Cons:

This is super slow, it looses data, it looks like you entered the information and then it erases it for no reason. The rule force you to operate their way not yours. Not worth a thing, sorry I ever used it.

Kristin
Admin in US

Absolute nightmare.

Comments: none

Pros:

Nothing. Since the upgrade it is an absolute nightmare. No payment history, no record of emails,r resulting in multiple emails to the customers, payment processing takes longer. TERRIBLE

Cons:

Everything - I'm canceling after 8 years. Update is a nightmare - they just tried to take out of our account from February - terrible customer service.

Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Worst Customer Service EVER!

Comments: Extremely poor customer service! They make me want to rip my hair out!

Pros:

The ease of applying payments and how like functions were on the same page. NOT so after upgrade. What I liked is gone.

Cons:

For example, after the recent upgrade I have a tenant prepaid showing he owes over $1000.00. For a week now tech support tells me everything they CANNOT do. I just asked for an estimate of time to fix, they said they cannot tell me and cannot connect with those who know. UNBELIEVABLE!

Scott
Warehousing, Self Employed

This is a great software!

Comments: All of your support technicians(especially Daniela) are excellent!!!

Pros:

I love the map that shows visually the status of each unit.

Cons:

Emailing has been tricky with several not getting to the customer. The problem has been fixed

Tambi
Controller in US

User friendly.

Pros:

I loved the convenience of learning the product, and also being able to give feedback on ways to change/update the software.

Cons:

Some of the features only worked on some of the Windows versions, therefore compatibility was an issue for some of our users.