Great product and great support.

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Daniel S.
Co-Owener
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The support staff at Checkfront have been very helpful and easy to work with . They helped us with a number of technical issues during the set up process. They have been great to work with.

Pros: Checkfront has many features and is extremely versatile. We run a small medieval-themed glamping venue - with many different products (accommodation, medieval feasts, classes, special events, day camps etc.) and a complicated pricing structure (different prices for different sizes of tents and weekends vs weekdays, pre-season specials, rates for children and adults, etc), as well as some operational reporting specific to glamping accommodation (such as weekly and daily reports on who is in which tents, who is checking in and who is checking out). We were having a difficult time finding an on-line booking system that would allow us to put all of our products and price structure on-line. Checkfront has allowed us to implement most of what we wanted- but it took a lot of work and time. Now that we have it working and running on our website it is great. Simple to use and easy to train staff to administer, and easy for customers to make bookings. The team at Checkfront has been very helpful (and patient with us) during the 'on-boarding' process of getting the system set up and running as we want it. The pros far outweigh (for us) the cons. There are so many features that we really like:
- invoices - really clean (and detailed) invoices that we can edit
- invoice flags - there are 8-10 status different flags for invoices
- tracking all comments and communications
- automated notifications to customers (customizable)
- guest information forms
- all communications

Cons: The versatility of Checkfront is also its downside, as this comes with many options and parameters to set, and some times one simple missed 'switch' or wrong option on a parameter can be frustratingly difficult to find out why something is not working as expected (or not showing up at all). There are just so many options that it took me weeks to get all of our complex items and evens and pricing structure 'coded' into the system and working as we wanted it. In the end it is all working as we wanted. I think that we got about 90-95% of the things we wanted built into our customer-facing booking page or staff-facing side of the system. While there are lots of reports that you can look at on-line, most of these are targetted towards the financial and overall management. We would like to see more operational targeted reports that can be useful to the staff on the ground who need to know who is checking in or out and which rooms (or tents) need to be cleaned on a particular day. This is all there in Checkfront, just not in a convenient report that we can send to our operational staff on the ground. But we can work around this and Checkfront is willing to listen to our requests for feature and report upgrades, and if there is enough demand they will schedule these in for future releases of the software.

Great System & Exceptional Service for my Rental Business

Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Lucy W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: That said considering Checkfront is relatively inexpensive for what they offer and it's not a custom built program I can't really fault them. Some people complain about various needs not being met but unless you want to pay big dollars for a custom package you can't expect to have all your wish list met. I'm in the processes of resolving this by having my developer use Checkfront's API to integrate into my website. One of the things we're doing is adding Delivery and Collection as a separate step in the booking process. We've been very happy with Checkfront. I can't even imagine trying to run my business without them.

Pros: I have used Checkfront for five years and the service has always been outstanding. They always reply very quickly to my emails. I've phoned them a couple of times but really there's no need to phone as their email response is so good. It also means you have a record of what's discussed. Having an inventory based rental system that allows my customers to book online and keep stock updated keeps me ahead of the competition. I love the customised notifications that are specific to the items booked. The free add-ons are amazing. Being able to link to my accounting software makes life simple.

Cons: You have to keep a very close eye on products being returned. If something isn't returned it's very easy for it to "fall off the system" if it's not noticed on the due date. It would be good to be able to scan items back in or at the very least for the item to remain on the desktop until it's been checked off. I understand Checkfront are working on this. The only other concern for us has been that delivery and collection has to be booked as an actual item and not offered at Checkout. Our customers are confused by this no matter how many prompts we add. I believe it's because customers are used to an online retails experience where it is common practice for Delivery to offered after items have been selected and you are at the final stages before payment.

Checkfront Booking Engine

Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Judi L.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Using Check-front as my online booking engine. Great tech support. Tech Support is friendly, knowledgeable, and usually very quick to reply.

Pros: The software is great value for the money. Best out there in my opinion. Great telephone software support during the set-up/onboarding. Ongoing support via email is extremely good, with tech support promptly replying with step-by-step detailed explanations and screen videos of how to address the issues.

Cons: 1. For vacation rental managements, this software in it's current version is very awkward & time consuming to update rates, descriptions, etc if the property falls in more than one category, such as a being 4 bedroom, ski-in/ski-out, base area location, private hot tub & pet friendly. For each category, rates need to be added for that property each time a rate change or new set of dates is added. It seems to be that there should be a main listing that communicates with each of the categories the property is listed under. In the initial set-up, an "alias" can be used, but once the property is up, new rates, fees, taxes, etc have to be added to the property in each category it is listed under. Takes way too much time to do things this way. Needs to be an option to "link" the same property throughout each category it is listed in so rate adjustments can be done with just one entry. 2. Wish they had ongoing telephone support though the email support works well 3. Wish Checkfront had calendar connections with other vacation rental sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, AirBnB, Expedia, Booking.com and so one so once a reservation is made on one site, all the other booking calendars updated at the same time.

Checkfront review by Cairns Holiday Homes

Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Nick M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, it's a terrific system. Discovering how good it is takes time and frustration. Going from manual pricing to online quoting taught me that the human brain can do things so much more easily than an automated system which has its limits. It took me a while to figure out what I could do and could not do in the pricing possibilities that I could offer. Having said that, the Checkfront system is pretty damn impressive in what it can do but a slog to find out the limitations.

Pros: The invoicing and notification system is excellent. It allows for a sequence of events - the initial request and removal of item from inventory, the paying of a deposit and the sending out of a reminder for the balance. It has also allowed us to record bookings that come from another listing site. The notification system is good but , as with with all automatic sequences, you need to think carefully before setting a sequence in train because the same message notification might not be right for everyone. It takes a lot of thought to set up the generic sequence that will most often be used. However, it is very easy to make adjustments to the message before it goes out.

Cons: Checkfront may be used more for booking tours rather than holiday homes but it's flexibility allows for many different set-ups. Therein lies the problem with regard to the help pages. They are quite helpful with regard to what any particular feature is but most examples tend to be about booking tours rather than accommodation. I spent a lot of time working out what I could do and how I should do it, more or less by trial and error. In some ways that is a good thing because I learnt so much more about the system by the sheer repetition of trying so many ways to do something. However, it would have saved me a lot of time to have some real examples of how to set up and overcome particular problems.
So far, I have only two irritations with the software. One is the mobile phone app which could be much improved but is not actually a bother because I really do not need to carry my office in my pocket. The other is the Inventory calendar. I wish I could highlight the row that I am working on because it is very easy to start making alterations to the wrong row. I also wish that I could highlight a period of time to add or remove a property from inventory. You can only do that one day at a time which is tedious and non-intuitive. There are other ways round this and perhaps there is a good programming reason for the limitation.

Haliburton Forest Review on Checkfront

Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Melissa P.
Experience Broker
Consumer Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, we have been extremely satisfied and find that checkfront has more benefits than cons, but it would be nice if the cons could be improved. We have only been using checkfront for a little over a year and couldn't ask for an easier program to use. It has definitely improved how we manage our reservations and are constantly learning about new features and how others work.

Pros: This is very user friendly, both on the back end/set up side as well as the user side. The reservation system we used to use is extremely limited. We love that we can create a reservation and easily make changes. Our old system was not as user friendly and we would have to delete a reservation and re-create it even if we wanted to something as simple as change a date.

Cons: The website version is awesome, but the mobile app is not as user friendly as we would like and we are not thrilled with the reports. For the app, we are unable to check booking documents or update the reservations. That's great that we can check them in, but if they need to add a feature or change their dates at time of check in, we have to switch over to the web version, then switch back for payment. Which is another issue. We have connected checkfront with square, and a lot of the payments don't register with checkfront, so we have to first take the payment, and then record the payment. Very frustrating. We already had a few issues with the checkfront reports, which we have been able to work around, but now that we have connected to square, we are finding it extremely difficult to balance and now our bookkeeper has to refer to multiple reports, which of course does not help. One huge thing that would help is that our items in checkfront be able to communicate with square directly. Right now they convert over and say 'Custom Amount'. In one square report the booking id is referenced, but not others. Very, very frustrating. But if an item, like snowmobile passes, could actually transfer over as snowmobile passes, that would be huge. There are a few other issues, but those are the main setbacks we have currently.

Checkfront Has Changed The Game

Reviewed on 21/08/2018
Dylan S.
Red Star Guy
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall our experience with Checkfront has been hugely positive. The support provided by the team throughout the customisation process was always fast, easy to understand and tailor made for me.

Pros: After operating our business for years without an online, pre-paid bookings system we had no idea of the positive impact Checkfront would have, not just for our business but for our lives. Red Star Music is a recording studio and rehearsal spaces and there was initial concern that introducing this type of system would 'scare away', deter or frustrate existing customer but to our surprise, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. It has been a win/win situation for everyone. Pros for customers: * No longer have to rely on getting in touch with us to book and check availability.
* No longer have to request invoices.
* Checkfront with the addition of digital access to the spaces means we are able to be open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.
Pros for us: * Protection from financial losses due to people not showing up for bookings, cancelling last minute and refusing to pay. With Checkfront's pre-paid system and our compulsory terms of agreement, the responsibility is placed entirely on the customers to organise themselves.
* Protection from human error during the bookings process (on our part).
* We are now open 24hrs/7 days a week and no longer are required to have onsite staff members collecting payment whenever there are bookings.
* We have more time to focus on other aspects of the business and our lives rather than having to be on call around the clock. Our phones are very quiet these days and we have more bookings than ever.

Cons: Understanding that our needs are fairly complicated when it comes to a customised bookings system, there are really only a few very minor things: It'd be nice to be able to set a rule that a certain time slot booking can only be booked when another before it is in place. For example - we'd like to run a 2hr discount session from 9-11pm as a gap filler on week days but we only want customers to be able to book that session if a 5-9pm session is already booked so that we aren't blocking a potential 4hr 7-11pm, higher value session. Does that make sense? No biggie though! There are a couple of things with the mobile app however: 1. If I'm away and I want to check tomorrow's bookings on my phone to see whether I need to be there or not, I can open the app and see in the list of customers from earliest to latest (top to bottom), but I have to tap into each individual customer to see what time they are actually booked, making it difficult for me to get and overall visual of how I'm going to organise the day, hire gear etc.
2. I often want to be able to contact customers when I'm away to give them instructions but there doesn't seem to be any way for me to access contact details, phone/email for the bookings in the mobile app. Being able to tap copy their phone numer and send a quick text would make life much easier.

Versatile, Cost-Effective Platform with Good Customer Support

Reviewed on 17/08/2018
VP of Outreach & Marketing
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Checkfront helped us migrate from a very inefficient reservations system (email and paper) to one that is largely automated and this has vastly improved our customer experience, saved us a lot of staff time, and given us better tools to manage and understand our business. As a small non-profit tour operator with tight margins, we are not only very happy with Checkfront's pricing structure, but also grateful that they offer a non-profit discount. In spite of a few limitations, overall we are very happy with Checkfront and have been using it for 3+ years.

Pros: Checkfront is very affordable relative to other tour booking platforms (they charge a flat annual fee rather than a percentage of sales - which I believe is the fair way to operate), and it works great for many purposes. There are lots of options for customization, and it is easy to learn how to configure and manage the platform using Checkfront's tutorials and documentation. There are lots of helpful integrations (Stripe, PayPal, Google Analytics, etc.) that are easy to set up. Checkfront support is always very responsive and helpful.

Cons: Checkfront is designed to work across many types of booking environments including hotels, hourly tours, daily tours, weekly tours, etc. Because these types of businesses have different needs, Checkfront balances those but, in my experience, isn't perfect for any one type of business. As a tour operator, sometimes we have needed to come up with workarounds to meet our specific needs or live with certain shortcomings. Checkfront support is always helpful, but if there is a feature that you need, the best you can do is submit a "feature request" and hope that enough other people request the same feature for development.

Easy-to-use booking software made in Canada

Reviewed on 18/08/2018
Anne G.
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The software is easy to use for clients and staff alike. As a result, we spend less time answering emails and the phone as people book themselves in. I also love that the company is based in Canada, and that the team is very responsive and the software is constantly developed. There is an affordable option if you just wanted to get started with booking software that does not break the bank.

Cons: A few very specific things would be great to straighten out. For example, we offer 2 different overnight tours - the 2-day Seal Cove Adventure and the 3-day Cape Chignecto Adventure. We cannot run those tours parallel or overlapping - it is either one or the other -, so we set the availability to 0 by hand in the inventory the other tour every time an overnight tour gets booked. This way, however, we also have to block out the day before to ensure no overlapping tour gets booked even though in reality the date is available as the last day of a potential trip that starts earlier. It's not a huge impact, but we might loose a few bookings to this. Also, we cannot accept single bookings for tours where nobody else is booked on yet as we require a minimum of 2 guests for any tour to run. We have set the booking form (at least for the overnight tours) so that the field 'Adults' is automatically filled with the number 2. We do, however, accept single bookings if other people are booked on already, and we also would accept a pair of Adult/Child as a minimum. I wonder whether there is a way to streamline this.

Complicated systems for Dummies :)

Reviewed on 31/07/2016
Pietra K.
Promotion of Stellar Micro Creations
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I own and operate Stellar Micro Creations, in Rome, Italy. I have absolutely no experience with systems and programming. The check front booking system was incredibly over my head because it was very complicated but in the end it is good that it was so complicated because now I know that it can accommodate every complicated need of booking for my products.. I learn more and more options as I go along. The thing that has made this all possible for me to do is the fantastic support team at Checkfront. Once I got into the groove of communicating with Checkfront I have made hastened the development of my learning curve and am WAY more relaxed and not worried because I know that there is a support team that can help me. Anyway, I have so much more to say. There is also support in the Blogs. I had changed my approach to how I would start my business by reading one of the blog posts about referral business instead of using the costly Adwords which were not really working with my small companies start up budget. I consider the support team and the system as a partner of my business.

Pros: I like that this software can accommodate any complicated idea that I want to achieve when it comes to booking my tours.. and also I have just discovered the power of the Partners accounts. It has broadened my idea of how I can sell and increased my success potential. I do not have a lot of experience in this field but the featured of check front has given me a platform of growing my business and gives me a vision of what I can accomplish..

Cons: I haven't really discovered anything so far that I like least because I am in such a learning curve.. I am in the mode of discovering all the new things that I can do so far.. I might have a comment on this in a year or so. Oh yes!! It would be fantastically helpful if Checkfront would send a notification to my cell phone from the app or something that I have got a booking.. I have to log into check front all the time to see if I have a booking..

Checkfront = Next Level

Chris R.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Checkfront affords is the ability to automate so much of the reservation process that not only do we have extremely organized and fluid interaction with customer’s reservations but we can streamline so many other elements of our system such as housekeeping as well.

Pros: Multiple configurations allow us to customize our back and front facing reservation database even though we are not a traditional hotel. Support is usually very detailed and forward thinking. If what we want can’t be accomplished, we always get good insight on workarounds and temporary solutions, that sometimes work better than what we had planned. CF constantly works to improve itself. We get monthly updates that bring new funtctions and extension platforms into the mix. It’s about 75% of the way to eliminating the rest of our internal support platforms - loyalty rewards, staff scheduling, & customizable customer profiles are the remaining topics we’d like to see incorporated into CF.

Cons: We hold little hope that our feature requests will ever be developed. Configuration on the backend comes with a significant learning curve. One can get lost in the labyrinth of configuration options. I understand it’s necessary for all the functionality on the front end but if hotels are configuring this themselves, the labyrinth could be a little less complicated (topics re: parameters, & alias are very confusing).

Perfect for our Family Business

Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Carrie D.
Innkeeper
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Really, us integrating Checkfront into our website and online booking was a game-changer for our family business. It has literally saved me so much time and sanity on making/changing/cancelling customer reservations, as well as monthly reports for my own records (and comparing year over year data), as well as for Hotel Tax, and easy viewing for scheduling our employees and cleaning. A true game-changer for taking our business to the next level.

Pros: Seamless integration with our website. Easy to streamline with our credit card processor. Powerful Reports at our fingertips. Customer Service if there is an occasional snafu. Helpful community and tutorial videos when setting up new accounts, items, events, etc.

Cons: This was tough, but of course there is a bit of a learning curve when you are first setting up all the parameters that are right for you business. Plenty of customer service and a large community support to post your questions, or search for an answer because someone has already crossed that bridge successfully. Also loved that once I set up my "Item Event" (think: 3 day minimum stay for Labor Day) then I can easily use a copy button to make each subsequent year's Item Event. So I do not have to recreate the wheel.

Helpful for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall we are very satisfied with Checkfront. Any time we have had to contact support for a problem, they respond quickly and provide satisfactory solutions.

Pros: Basically Checkfront is fairly easy to use. As a tour operator, there is a lot of flexibility given to obtain the information we need from our passengers. We feel it is easy to maintain and fits our needs. For our guests using the software, we have never received any negative comments and feel it is user friendly. We like that we were able to link our liability waivers for the guests to complete ahead of time which saves a lot of time and paper. Another timesaver is the way the bookings are linked directly to our Quickbooks account. Overall, we are very satisfied with everything that Checkfront does for us.

Cons: Reporting seems to have a fair amount of issues. We have contacted support about this and they are aware of the problem but just haven't figured out a solution yet. This is very time consuming to manually calculate monthly and yearly sales totals which are definitely incorrect in the Checkfront system.

A powerful tool to manage your guest house bookings

Reviewed on 16/02/2019
Director and Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Despite some small shortcomings I am quite happy with Checkfront product and support service.

Pros: Very well thought out and feature rich to accommodate the quirks of your business with good booking calendar and discount options. The support is also great and response times are less than a day. We been using Checkfront for 7 years now and have no plans to move away despite some small shortcomings. Highly recommended.

Cons: The ability to make integrations to other services like accounting systems are limited. With the rise of functional programming like AWS lambda, I think its trivial to add some capability to integrate to other systems using similar event triggered functions or webhooks. Checkfront does have something like this but its quite limited.
There is no support for multi item discounts as yet so customers are unable to get a discount if they book multiple inventory items. This is a key feature that I hope they will have in future.
The ability to style the embeddable iframe booking page is also a bit limited and I can't get it to match my website style.

I have a very small business. I wanted software to handle online bookings. In no time it was done!

Reviewed on 14/09/2017
Rob W.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It handles all my bookings. It's like I have someone in an office full time.

Pros: The most thing I like about this software is the support. Even before I became a customer, Checkfront was answering my questions. I didn't know if the software would handle the things the way I wanted. The tutorial got me started and it provide the base for me to ask intelligent questions. Checkfront answers each question quickly and usually gives me 2 to 3 step by step solutions I could use. The software interfaces seamlessly with my website and their E-Commerce handles my selected payment method flawlessly. Because my business is seasonal, I simply select hibernation mode and my monthly charges are ended until next season. I had no idea what a great fit it would be.

Cons: The only 'Con' I have is when I search help I can't think of the right term to define what I'm looking for so, I get frustrated with the search. However, I can easily overcome that by dropping a note to Checkfront support.

Small business

Reviewed on 17/02/2019
Annabel C.
Business owner
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: By far the easiest and straightforward system I found to use for my business. We have had positive comments from our customers who said they found booking on to a workshop fairly simple and easy to do. The calendar is very clear and makes it easy to see what bookings we have each day.

Cons: Limited ability to customise gift certificates on layout and does not look very professional. Could be a lot better looking for our customers to receive as a gift.
Always have problems uploading images and resizing issues.
Customers get confused with first booking screen where it states enter promo/voucher code and try to enter their gift certificate number here rather than at checkout.
Could be made clearer on the gift certificate that they need to use the G code below the barcode when redeeming their gift certificate. We have had to put a couple of paragraphs on our website to explain to customers how it all works, so feel the checkfront system could be improved a lot in the gift certificate area.
Monthly cost is quite high- we are a very small business and no discounts available and packages unable to be tailored to our needs so we are paying for things we do not require. I would like to be able to speak to customer support on the telephone if I have any problems rather than just on email.

Best and quick to reply!

Ferdi fj L.
Communications Creative
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using Checkfront since day 1 and also have been one of the first companies that support their tour operator applications. I think it is now almost 11 years..
What can I say, just 'simply the best! I've met the team at a conference/travel technology event once and it just shows that this company is built and run by people - real people with a passion to make it easier for anyone to run their business without worrying about the technical details. Keep it up Team Checkfront!

Pros: It's got it all.. from booking setup to distribution channels.

Cons: Not easy to integrate and display various currencies. Or take payments in different currencies, but hey - they are working on that.
Also not easy to hide certain products from the public and only allow access with an URL for special events or products that may only be viewed by some customers.
Resource management feature is not live yet, but it sounds like this will be a complete game-changer; making it possible to manage all guides, transport, the hiring of equipment and even activities and accommodation required for trips and tours.

Rental Provider

Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Jorge G.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Staff incredible, software flawless and the user friendliness is exactly what i needed! I could not conduct my business without Checkfront!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros: There is no way that i could do my business without Checkfront. I was able to learn the software and all its benefits within 1-hour. The support staff provides superior service and is always available to help with any questions or concerns i have. I recommend Checkfront to all my business friends and use it 10 times or more a day. Thank you for providing this incredible software!!!!

Cons: I do not like the affiliate program and quite honestly don't understand why i would be required to upgrade my plan in order to allow affiliates to get commission and have there own portal to create booking for the company. I am currently only allowed to have 10 affiliate accounts on my business and with my business working with thousands of travel agents it would be nice if you allowed unlimited affiliate accounts as apart of the service.

Great for small camp and conference centers.

William C.
Camp Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a small Christian Camp and Conference Center in southern New Mexico. The previous director was fully analog, doing reservation in a Day-Planner. This dramatically helped to bring us into the 21st century. We had looked at other camp and conference center booking systems, but they were in the thousands of dollars, plus initial setup fees. Checkfront allowed us set everything up on our own. There was a significant learning curve to setting it up, but once done, it has been a breeze.

Pros: The software is very customizable and affordable. It has allowed me to create an online booking system for our camp and retreat center. The biggest advantage is that it provides most of the functionality we need, at half the price, or less, of other camp booking systems. The pictures and video option for our various cabin rentals is great.

Cons: There are a few minor function problems that I wish would be fixed. We sometimes have a group of folks who set up a booking together. They then want to pay separately, and there is no place to input the credit card zip code on the payment page. I have to go back and edit the original booking zip code to do this. Again, it’s a minor issue, but would be a nice feature. One other one would be an option to print a payment receipt, rather than just printing an Invoice that lists the payment being made.

A good foundation but could do better

Reviewed on 21/08/2018
David C.
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, we have been happy with Checkfront. There is some improvement we'd like to do on the notification and invoicing side of things so that the booking process is more informative and smooth. The guides could provide more indepth information on this topic.

Pros: Going from paper based to cloud based has been a big help in recording all our bookings and allowing multiple users to view what bookings have been entered.
We use Checkfront for our accommoation, catering, meeting rooms and equipment bookings so need a level of complexity to do this and Checkfront is up to the task. The main difference for us is that we manage the bookings in house after an enquiry is made via phone/email or our website. We do not run a live booking portal for guests to make bookings from.

Cons: The intergration with Xero does not talk back and forth therefore, invoices that change totals after they are booked show discrepancies with the final amount.
Setting new rates in advance through the item events function was recommended however, it does not suit more complex items such as rooms with multiple occupancy etc.

Now THAT is service !!!

Reviewed on 07/11/2016
Joachim l. f. D.
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a small belgian family entertainment center based in Brussels in the heart of Europe, CHECKFRONT changed our lives ! We have now dozens of bookings each day automated, planned as such and in multiple language (we have three languages over here) The reason I give them a 5 star ranking is that their service is just unseen !!! Try it out, their support team is outstanding and they really listen to idea's and input of their customers. I think Checkfront will be the leading booking software worldwide with this approach. Their service is amazing, you can mail them, chat them, even if you raise a question no one has raised before their customers advocate comes back to you after some time and they find a work-around !!!!! Put your money in this product, you will not regret it ! I wrote this review on my own initiative after I have been blown away by their outstanding service over the last months. Checkfront team knows what they are doing and they are really really good at it !!!!

Pros: Great service and the software does everything it promises !

Cons: Nothing, because all new future requests are dealt with and they keep improving the software.

Checkfront Review

Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Andrea S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am able to be more organized at a glance. Know what's coming up, what balances are due etc

Pros: The calendar function, and all the internal notes attached to the booking.

Cons: Wow uhm.. lets see
I hate that I cannot group modify any items. For example in fishing boat. I cannot click to change and add a commission amount to all. I want to modify items by group outside of the inside of each tour item.
I want to copy and duplicate a group instead of having to copy the parent, then the children, and the wrapper. It makes for more mistakes. Also a copy should warn you to update to the correct child links after being copied, and before your save. I don't like that I cannot assign different commission amounts depending on whom I am paying I don't like that I can only send deposit or full balance. I don't like that I can't place a rule that adds a 5% fee after they pay deposit if they want to them make final full payment. I wish there was a way that the reports could just report deposits minus commissions due. I hate the outside GUI, the internal database is super in comparison. Outside looks and feels super clunky and you should use something like elementor technology for visual moving the parts in the back end for greater design functionality. Then peoples designs can look different and we can add or remove features as needed, we should be able to save or use template designs depending in the style of tour we sell. In my emails, I want to have a visual editor and add my tagline and email signature, instead of copying and pasting it everytime.

Good for managing make cottage bookings

Reviewed on 18/02/2019
Andrew M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A feature-rich booking system which works well on all devices. Loved by the owner, accountant, cleaner and, working in the background, benefits our guests too. Life has become a whole lot easier since using Checkfront.

Pros: Check from the allows me to easily manage my bookings between my website, Booking.com, Airbnb, TripAdvisor and Home Away. Previously when a booking can in I had to manually change the calendars on every holiday website and it was a nightmare.
I have configured Checkfront to link to my accountancy software (Xero) and I have also started offering customers gift cards.
I'm not technically-minded and have found the technical support excellent, especially when the send me custom videos showing me what to do.

Cons: It does virtually everything I need, but sometimes I don't find it very intuitive. It's disappointing there isn't a way of getting it to work with new Google Holiday feature. No great loss now, but I expect this will grow in customer popularity.

Solid, feature-filled software product that seamlessly integrates with our business

Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Brian E.
Director of Marketing & Education
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Checkfront very easily allowed us to move the vast majority of our reservations from over the phone reservations to online reservations freeing valuable staff time. Nothing but good feelings about Checkfront.

Pros: Checkfront is easy to use for our customers, extremely reliable on the back-end, provides amazing value for our business at its cost, is continually improving their product, and provides fast and clear-cut support for any issues. It is easy to integrate with our existing services and online presentation, giving our customers a seamless and easy-to-use experience when ordering through our website.

Cons: Sometimes I wish the customizations for automated email communications were more granular in terms of controlling what information goes out and comes in based on product types.

Checkfront for Fishing Charters Business

Reviewed on 17/02/2019
Claire G.
Administration
Fishery, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our clients love being able to check availability and pay online. They don't book online as often as we'd like them to but at least the facility is there. Checkfront integrates with our website easily and there are lots of addons available as the business expands. It's a great system.

Pros: Checkfront's customer support is brilliant. No question too silly and no work around too finicky. The system is really easy to use and the online 'How to' guides cover all of the basics clearly. There's a pretty good range of reports which means end of month is only a few clicks to give the owners a good picture of what's going on with their business.

Cons: I would like to see a few of our wish list items be actioned to enable the system to work even better for our business. Whether these items are added to the full system or a feature being added to our system only.
In the meantime, the work-arounds recommended by support are usually more than adequate.

Super easy to navigate!

Reviewed on 22/08/2018
Emma M.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love checkfront. Customer service is great. Responses are quick. The app is user friendly and easy to use.

Pros: I love how easy this software is to use. Setting up tours, packages, classes and hire options has been a breeze with easy shortcodes to include booking links on my website. Also love that if a class requires certain hire equipment, with each booking the hire equipment also books out - meaning I can't overbook our standard equipment hire. The app is super easy to use and love that it all syncs with my phone's calendar.

Cons: Would like a "membership" option for those that frequent our business. I know there's a workaround but it's not really the easiest way. The upgrade to using liability waivers is a pretty big price difference! Would love a smaller pricepoint option for single option upgrades as I don't need all features on the next tier.