• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About AWeber

Turn passive prospects into loyal customers with easy-to-use email marketing and automation tools and live 24/7 customer support.

Learn more about AWeber

Awogor M.
Editor In Chief
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Poor Deliverability For Me Best Tagging Experience"

Comments: My experience with Aweber's customer support even when I start as a free trial was something to take home about. It's easy to create both HTML templates for your emails and also, their easy drag and drop email builder makes it possible to design your email templates or pick from the library of already made templates and edit your campaigns. Email campaigns can also be shared with someone else to import all the flows to their autoresponder with Aweber and save a lot of stress.

Pros: I love Aweber's ease of signing up plus, it's a powerful autoresponder with a nice user interface, great email list management, custom segmentation, and the fact that it even delivers analytics to your email after sending an email campaign makes it my favorite. As compared to ConvertKit, Aweber is still cheap and an affordable autoresponder to rely on. Aweber has outstanding customer service which you can reach at any point in time from email, live support, and phone call.

Cons: Aweber's Campaign flows feature is currently my third best but then it lacks some features as compared to sender. An example of that feature I was looking for is setting a condition of either a subscriber is qualified to receive the next flow or change a path. That which I can't find in an expensive autoresponder like Aweber.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
B.a. I.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2021

"Good for a small company mail list, but lacks integration"

Comments: Also, it became too costly an option when trying to integrate my WooCommece store data without purchasing a $49 plugin. The more I wanted to do, the fewer options because available not making this a suitable option for me. Overall, my experience with AWeber was less than stellar and I had to drop it for a better solution.

Pros: AWeber is good for maintaining a customer list and sending campaigns. It also provides the capability to use a single list among a couple websites with some integration and upgrades. Overall, I would consider it an entry-level list management option.

Cons: AWeber lacks the capability to integrate multiple website data seamlessly without some third-party apps. Not being able to maintain a single list among my three websites was a definite downside to continuing using the software. The form builder and landing pages were difficult and cumbersome to configure, setup and integrate. The RSS options was clunky and the templates were lacking any customization.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2021
Jessie L.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2021

"Good for getting started"

Comments: I used AWeber for a few years with my first business and was very happy for the price. I had their most basic paid plan which did everything I needed at the time. I will say after taking a year off and reopening this year, AWeber came in second (in a list of 10 options) when making my decision for what to use for the reopening.

Pros: When I started my first solo business and needed a way to send emails to a list, Weber was where I started. I had little knowledge about what I might need and wanted a way to get started with as little friction as possible. AWeber did just that.

Cons: Probably user inexperience on my end, but I couldn't get a handle on how to best use tags and segments to my advantage.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2021
Carol M.
teacher/author
Primary/Secondary Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!"

Comments: Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros: I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons: I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Justin M.
Head of Marketing
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2021

"Simple and effective email marketing tool"

Comments: Very good. We have kept this service for a number of years because of their support and functionality. Every software has its issues but if their support team are quick and effective it makes it a great software.

Pros: I like how you can easily put together a broadcast email here. Their support team are fantastic.

Cons: I think that it can be a little easier to turn off double opt-in for subscribers.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2021
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"Great Pricing, Amazing Support"

Comments: Solid, solid, solid.

Pros: Amazing support, I did a side by side comparison customer support test for 5 other vendors and they responded the most thoroughly and the fastest. The API is thorough and haven't had any issues. Interface just works. It has all the stuff you need. The unlimited email sends for pricing is great, most vendors charge you for emails after a certain point.

Cons: The templates were a bit confusing, wish it had an advanced mode for interface with more bells and whistles so you don't have to use API to make anything advanced.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Mike W.
Coach
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2021

"Aweber is Great for Beginners"

Comments: I started with Aweber back in 2011 and it's been good. However, with multiple products, I think it could be more robust with the tagging and segmenting.

Pros: Easy to use and amazing customer support!

Cons: The tagging is difficult to use and doesn't function like I'd want it to. You also pay for a subscriber more than once if he or she is on multiple lists (example: 2 of your products).

• Reviewed on 30/01/2021
Eric H.
president
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"not the best"

Pros: Easy to build campaigns and schedule deliveries

Cons: doesn't have extensive stats, hard to move and delete contacts in bulk. Delivery was up and down

by AWeber Communications on 13/12/2018

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your feedback and review. I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble with delivery. We'd be happy to look into this for you. I'm also curious to hear what stats you're looking for that we don't currently offer. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm.

All the best,
Brandon O.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Evan M.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2021

"Aweber good product that is priced comprable with it's competitors"

Comments: It was good while I used it but I was a small business when I used it and went with a more affordable option. However, it is a really good product and will satisfy your email marketing and communication needs.

Pros: It offers all the key features, like import mailing list and host, different templates, reporting, RSS, landing pages and although I never did this I believe it integrates with third party applications. Although its not the cheapest, I do like their pricing model and how it based of the size of your list or subscribers. It's not a freemium model where you have to pay for all these extra features.

Cons: Marketing automation is super basic and there are cheaper options which offer more automation in this area. Some of the templates look like they are from the early 2000's and super outdated. Also they claim support is 24/7 but usually you have to submit a ticket and wait hours to hear back.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2021
Torgom H.
General Manager
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Boost Your Email Marketing With AWeber"

Pros: Artificial Intelligence that comes with it helps you segment your leads into your sales funnels

Cons: Your account gets banned without a notice

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021
Co Founder and CEO
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Great software, good customer service, overpriced for the small biz owner"

Pros: I really like the freedom of unlimited emails and the plethora of integrations with other apps. AWeber has long been an industry leader and it shows.

Cons: For a small business owner with a small email list (under 1000) AWeber is overpriced. MailChimp and MailerLite offer virtually the same features, for free.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Cheryl R.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2020

"Great email marketing app"

Comments: Great experience

Pros: User friendly, reporting, autoresponder, email delivery is good.

Cons: Would like to see the help content a bit easier to use.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2020
Sean R.
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2017

"Great for automating parts of the followup and engagement process"

Pros: I like the way it can integrate with our landing pages, that the emails are customizable, and that there are analytics showing open and click trough rates. I also like how I can help others implement the app as well, knowing that it will accomplish what they are looking for in an autoresponder.

Cons: As with any new app or technology, there's a learning curve. I like to just jump in and use the application, but aweber requires more time in understanding how it works.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2017
Patricia F.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Awesome product and support"

Comments: Very good customer service support.

Pros: It is straight forward and easy to use with its drag and drop function. You can create as many lists as you like.

Cons: I think that Aweber should increase the number of email contacts on their free version to get more people using the product. I liked that with Mailchimp - first 2000 users for free.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Pontus B.
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"helped me alot."

Comments: overall a very good website to help you with your email marketing and i am very satisfied with the results.

Pros: The best thing about this website is how easy it is to use and how effective it is.

Cons: the cons about it is the layout i think because of the fact that it looks a bit boring in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2020
Manjot S.
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2018

"Great software, easy to use."

Pros: I liked using aweber alot, it really helped me setting up email campaigns with lots of options to set up different emails, I could decide when I wanted to send them and to who, very targeted.

Cons: One thing I didn't like was that it was a little expensive at the time and there were cheaper alternatives out there, but it is high quality software.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2018
Lucinda W.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Love AWeber over MailChimp"

Comments: Easy to deal with, clear and easy to use templates.

Pros: I love that I can have entire email sequences to different clients at different times in their life-cycle.

Cons: IT's not as flashy as some others, but that's not a huge heal at all.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Dale C.
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2016

"This product was excellent"

Comments: The overal experience using this product was outstanding it delivered excellent service and I was very impressed I would recomend anyone use this to their benefit. It was so functional I hardly had any problems using it.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2016
Gabrielle B.
Soulful Success Strategist & Lifestyle Designer
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2019

"ConvertKit is better!"

Pros: I liked that you could create sales funnels in AWeber.

Cons: I do think that other programs are exactly the same and do the same things more easily and effectively, like ConvertKit.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2019
Mark V.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Tyonna B.
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"AWeber? I think Yess!"

Comments: I've used this software when subscribing to mailing lists. And it is not hard to use at all. Very easy to use. At least for me it is:)

• Reviewed on 05/10/2016
Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Old faithful"

Comments: It's been both a positive and negative experience. I'm still not sure I will stay with them longterm.

Pros: Aweber has stood the test of time. It is easy to get set up and get going. I like that it is stable, and it is always encouraging to me when I see that very successful people whose emails I let into my inbox are using Aweber. Their customer service was very helpful to me when I was getting my account set up and had questions on a few things.

Cons: I do not care for their boring confirmation messages, and the fact that if I want something that is different, I have to get approval from them before I can use it. I also saw a huge flaw when I participated in a promotional event with several others who also use Aweber. Apparently, when somone signs up for several email lists that are all hosted on Aweber, in a short space of time, Aweber sees that behavior as "spammy" and automatically unsubscribes that person from all the lists he/she subscribed to. Their argument is that it protects Aweber customers and it protects their system overall. The problem is that it is unsubscribing people who actually want to receive these emails and if you are delivering a product by email, or even giiving information by email on how the new subscriber can receive that product, then the subscriber will never get that email. When I contacted Aweber about this twice, the support staff was very blasé about this. One support staff member was good enough to remove the block and resubscribe the persons who had been removed so they subscriber could get the emails. Another refused to do so, and said that the subscriber would have to contact them to remove the block. How many people are actually going to take this extra step to receive emails???

• Reviewed on 07/10/2020
Kiva B.
A
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2021

"Excellent software at a great price"

Pros: I've tested many marketing software applications like this and Aweber stands out among them for a few reasons. They have top-notch customer service that is really helpful and they really care. And it shows because they actually offer phone support, something so few marketing software companies actually do. Aweber has a ton of features and their pricing is excellent for what you get. It is also super easy to use and to set up and overall it is designed in a really intuitive way.

Cons: It could have better reporting features and a nicer interface, but neither of those are big issues.

by AWeber on 07/04/2021

Thank you so much for the review, Kiva! If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2021
Carma S.
Author
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"Long Time User -- Haven't Switched Yet"

Comments: I've been a member of Aweber for a very long time. They have been good to me and are quite affordable for all the features I receive.

Pros: Aweber is relatively easy to use and has most of the functions I need.

Cons: There are still some features that aren't available that make my life less easy than I'd like. However, I haven't found anything better so far.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019