Filter by:

• Overall

About The Service Program

QuickBooks add-on service software with dispatch, routing, work order, maintenance schedules, GPS, mobile and customer service tools.

Learn more about The Service Program

Kelley R.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

Best routing program out there

5 2 years ago

Comments: We are extremely happy with this program, and we highly recommend it to any company needing a scheduling software in the service industry.

Pros:

Taking our paper door tags digital has been amazing. The training and customer support has made learning how to use and operate this program a breeze. I couldn't be happier about the change.

Cons:

There have been a few minor items that weren't available at first, but an email to the development team has been all that was needed to make the changes I needed to happen.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are happy to hear of your positive experience with our company as a whole, as we are committed to providing exemplary customer service. Providing our customers with features in which they can easily communicate with their customers is essential and knowing you are utilizing the digital door tags lets us know we are on track. Thanks again for your feedback. -The Westrom Software Team

Penny E.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

Service Program Review

5 9 months ago

Comments: We are very satisfied with The Service Program and would recommend it.

Pros:

The Service Program is very user friendly. We have had no issues with the interaction between The Service Program and Quickbooks. The transfer from our very old ancient data base went surprisingly easy. Tech support for the most part has been very prompt and accurate anytime we have had an issue. Any issues we have had have been very few and far in between and easily fixable.

Cons:

Internet based program. Our internet here is awful. We get bounced out of the Service Program when our internet goes down.

9 months ago

Penny, your review of The Service Program is greatly appreciated. We're happy to hear your data conversion went smoothly which is what we strive for. It's always nice to hear of the reliability of our Customer Support team as well. Thank you for your feedback!

Robin B.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

Excellent software for our industry

5 2 years ago

Pros:

This software is so easy to navigate through on a daily basis. We have a Portable Toilet company and tried another software first that we were not happy with, found Service Program and we are so glad we did. This software makes our job easy, also the technical support is outstanding.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to have electronic signature for quotes, work tickets and task.

2 years ago

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to review The Service Program. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing our customers are happy with the software. We developed this software for the industry with one goal in mind, to simplify workflow and it's great to hear that you concur! In response to your comment regarding electronic signatures we do in fact, allow for electronic signature capture, as well as adding pictures of work complete, etc. We are going to have an industry coach reach out to you on how this can easily be achieved to assure you are getting the most out of the software.

Lisa M.
2-10 Employees

Great Quickbooks integration and routing capability

5 4 years ago

Comments: saves time with invoicing through Quickbooks

Pros:

Integration with Quickbooks and the invoices, I also use it to keep my weekly route. Service Programmers designed a route template that fit my needs perfectly. This software can be used by a small company like myself to a big fortune 500 company, very easy! The ability to memorize transactions and change the description on the invoice is the main reason I chose The Service Program software. I never have an issue contacting customer service.

Cons:

Not really a con, but there is SO MUCH available with this software, a bit overwhelming. But, never fear, you can call Customer Service they will teach you every aspect of the software you want to utilize.

4 years ago

HI Lisa, Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Glad you like how simple posting invoices into QuickBooks takes minutes showing service dates with no need for double entry. We appreciate knowing that small and large lawn care, landscape and irrigation companies enjoy how simple The Service Program is to use while nothing falls thru the cracks.

Alyssa C.
VP marketing, advertising in US

Great product for our water treatment company

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Easy customization to your company's needs Great options for everything from billing, rentals to inventory and service calls.

Cons:

Have to use Quickbooks due to large size of our client base. Although this is a plus for most people

4 years ago

WOW! thank you for taking time to submit your review. has it already been over 5 years since you became valued customer? i have shared your comments with our training and technical support team. it always nice to know their hard work everyday continues to support your water treatment software and mobile needs.

Penny K.
OWNER in US

SERVICE PROGRAM

5 3 years ago

Comments: BILLING IS SO EASY, KEEPING UP WITH INVENTORY IS A BREEZE, DAY TO DAY ROUTING AND SERVICES ARE EASY. FREES UP ALOT OF MY TIME FOR OTHER OFFICE DUTIES

Pros:

EASE OF USE, QUICK RESPONSE FROM TECH SUPPORT,

Cons:

NO CONS FROM US. WE LOVE THE SOFTWARE. GETTING THE SERVICE PROGRAM WAS THE BEST DECISION EVER

3 years ago

We are so happy to hear of your positive experience with The Service Program. This software was developed to efficiently manage business operations and we are pleased to hear that your company is using it to its full potential! Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for recommending us to others. It¿s a pleasure working with you!

Lizette H.
OFFICE MANAGER in US

I have enjoyed the ease of this program.

5 4 years ago

Comments: time saving

Pros:

The direct connection to Quickbooks has made invoicing a breeze. Route scheduling has made setting up a recurring job secure in that it will get done.

Cons:

On the mobile use filling in the quantity amount for items is not easy to get to when larger fingers are involved. when a job is made inactive it is very difficult to find again for any reference or billing needs.

4 years ago

We appreciate your kind remarks using The Service Program. Glad you are enjoying how simple to track and manage your commercial/ stores services while billing and avoiding double entry. We have added on the Mobile ability to search by Customers to find "inactive or completed" jobs.

Sean C.
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Can't get a demo to purchase product

1 5 years ago

Comments: Not sure what is going on with this company, but after my initial contact with Gregg and a poor on line demo, ( I asked a couple of questions regarding cc processing which he couldn't answer and he suggested we reschedule the demo-which is fine) they have gone dark. . I even went on the their website to request information last week and nothing.

4 years ago

Sorry we have not been able to connect since the Live Demo on 10/27/16. We have left messages with Donna in your offices. Notes from the demo show you confirmed how simple to setup Rentals and track costs including excess tonnage eliminating double entry and reduce time spent posting Invoices in QuickBooks. Please contact my offices to go over any further question or another Demo. We appreciate your continued interests and thorough evaluation of The Service Program for your Rental Container needs.866-480-1879 ext.708

Heidi S.
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees

Super helpful tech support

4 3 years ago

Comments: Although there has been a steep learning curve to this software the tech support has been amazing. I have had many questions along the way and they have been readily available to help me. I paid for the extra training when I signed up and I would highly suggest that, without it I think it would be difficult to figure out.

Pros:

I needed software that could be used for both my septic service scheduling as well as the portable toilet routing side of my business. The service program covers both needs and integrates seamlessly with Quickbooks.

Cons:

I have found the software to be a bit cumbersome and difficult to learn and it is also a bit quirky. It does not come with users manual, which would have been super helpful to refer to.

3 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! Although we are happy to hear that tech support was able to address your questions regarding the software, it concerns us that you found the software difficult to learn. Our goal at Westrom Software is to provide the most user friendly software possible to simplify your workflow. For future reference, we do provide an Online Help Manual: https://westromsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202254116. Here you will find valuable resources including categorized training videos. We are currently in the process of enhancing these resources to address how to efficiently navigate through the most commonly used features within the software. Not only will this provide a better user experience for our customers by putting solutions right at your fingertips, saving you time, it will also reduce help desk call volume, allowing our tech and training support more time to address more complex inquiries. Thanks again for providing such valuable insight.

Pat P.
Service manager in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Extremely easy and fast service

5 3 years ago

Comments: Have more efficiency and organization in my business

Pros:

The ability to customize it to your needs and how it seamlessly works with QuickBooks. I have been using the software since 2007. It just keeps getting better every year

Cons:

I Can not toggle through different task templates from the task print screen. I also would like to limit data entry in the drop down screen.

3 years ago

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We recognize that every business has different needs and take pride in building our software around those particular needs. Knowing ways we are benefiting your company and where we need to improve, helps us to grow and thrive. Thanks again, we value your dedication to our industry leading software package!

Mark M.
Chemicals, Self Employed

Reduce Monthly Costs.

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Keeps track of all chemical usage, Can look info fast, Identify when the pool has been serviced and what time and day. Can print out results of each individual pool.

Cons:

As long as I had this program I have never had a problem. That you could not help me with.

3 years ago

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We pride ourselves on developing software that is industry specific. Your feedback helps us to know that we are on track with features that will benefit the pool & spa industry. Glad to hear how The Service Program is working for you to saving money every week to track chemicals & services provided per pool & spa! Thank you for your time!

Carey D.
11-50 Employees

After a bldg fire, we couldn't access our network. Bill got us back up & running on a Sunday morning

5 3 years ago

Comments: Organization

Pros:

It is simple to use. Reports can be customized to meet our needs. Customer service is quick to respond.

Cons:

The time it takes for the program to sync QuickBooks (although, it's because our QB data files are unusually large)

3 years ago

Carey, Thank you for your positive review. It always nice to hear how our software is benefiting your company and areas we need to improve upon. Although we strive in providing the best service possible, it¿s even better to know that we could help during a particularly stressful situation. Sincerely, The Service Program Team

David G.
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees

Does the Job

5 3 years ago

Comments: we are a security service company and have been pleased with the ease of use and functions that we get

Pros:

easy to use allows posting to quickbooks making data entry much better Thanks Service program

Cons:

not free

Sue K.
Office manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Service Program Review

4 2 years ago

Pros:

It makes monthly billing a joy. It has many benefits to keeping track of the product flow as far as deliveries and pick ups.

Cons:

The program is not very user friendly and not easy to make corrections.

2 years ago

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear how The Service Program is benefiting your Rental and Waste Management company. Our professionally trained technicians strive to provide quality customer support and we are sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. We would like to hear more about your experience with customer support so that we can share with our support team and strive to 100% customer satisfaction. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Martha C.
Admin in US

Application needs a lot of work

2 4 years ago

Pros:

That it is QB compatible but it didn't work very well It seemed to have all the features we needed but not very functional for the landscaping application

Cons:

Mobile app crashes, customer service was good for the first 30 days after hat they were non-responsive

4 years ago

Thank you for taking time to submit this review. Our training professionals will be notified of your comments. Your 100% satisfaction is our goal. Notes on your account show Customer Service assisted training you over a dozen times this year. You confirmed the Mobile App issue was resolved by tech support. Your sales rep provided their cell phone to call anytime if you needed additional help. Since you enjoy how simple The Service Program can provide your clients completed service tickets from 2 different companies AquaCare for Pool and TerraCare for Landscape services, your sales rep offered a easy solution used by other similar companies. Our Training team will miss working with you. We wish you well.

Cherylyn S.
Owner/Member in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Time Saving Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: Time, scheduling, employee time, sub contractor job entry just to name a few

Pros:

It doesn't try to boss my financial software around, so many features you can customize what works for you, reporting features, filtering features, etc. What isn't there to love..

Cons:

Initial cost. But, I did appreciate the terms worked out and well worth the money!

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. As you mentioned, The Service Program was meticulously developed so that it works seamlessly with QuickBooks rather than conflicting with it. We truly appreciate you sharing the many software features that are benefiting your business. Your feedback is vital to our growth, thanks again for sharing!

Leonard C.
Used the Software for: Not provided

A spread sheet manipulator that is not flexible & will work if you conform to their way of operation

3 6 years ago

Comments: This system is ideal for A/C Repair, Pool Cleaning, Pest Control, etc. t was designed for just those type businesses. Lawn Care mow and blow operations that get it done no matter what is another business that will be able to use it. Being in Lawn Care but quality not quantity oriented, sometimes we end up spending extra time that slows down production. There's no quota. We're more of a grounds keeping service that spends time to service all yard issues in one stop. I attempted to install this product twice. Each time I spent weeks keying data about my customers on different forms that reference and cross reference each other. It is difficult to set up if you have any number of customers. Be careful. I found that because we spend extra time to do service it was very difficult to manage what work would be scheduled on what day. We work on a two week cycle. My old system had no trouble with that. This system demands a rigid schedule. It seems in order to combine or slip schedules you have to change every task instead of the group. And if I did that the system changed the routing to zig-zag the truck. They tried desperately to shoe horn me into their model, but it was never going to work. I made several suggestions to them that would have easily improved the flexibility of the system, and, I might have been able to use it, but they chose not to undertake them. Support during installation is very difficult. There are very small windows of limited availability for training. There is no help text, no documentation, no knowledge base, and some videos that may be helpful to an issue. Also, what they call support is really technical support, to fix broken programming, it's not real customer support. So you either call Training with operational issues and hope that you get a response within 24 hours unless you are fortunate enough to catch them on the phone or you wait. They are always courteous and attempt to be helpful. But chances are if you are in any way unique they will be stymied. I think they are very limited in their lawn care knowledge area. It's all the same, right? I can't imagine a large company using this, although I'm sure that they will claim hundreds. With too much keying you can't set this and forget it. A small startup could ease into it because it doesn't require a large financial investment up front and they won't have a lot of customers to start with. The mobile app fixes all that is what I was told.

5 years ago

Hi Lenny, we appreciate your feedback. As you are aware, your monthly subscription provided daily open Q&A forums per week to call in speak to a Live Trainer. Tech support is available M-F. and you never used the online help documentation with step by step screen shots, training recordings. We offered an lawn industry coach since your company is unlike hundreds of other landscape companies by schedule routes for customer lawn maintenance. Since you charge per service visit, there is ONE button in software to generate Route Stops to Tasks (populating customer's preferred pricing). Once serviced (by paper or Mobile app) the quick complete generates INVOICES in QBs. No Double entry.. We wish your business well.

Patrick T.

Great Support

5 3 years ago

Comments: Their customer support is the bomb! They are always pleasant and helpful!

Pros:

I switched to QB online and switched SP with it. Then, after numerous issues with QB online (terrible support, also), we went back to QB desktop. I needed to switch the SP back at that time. They were really supportive, did it over the weekend, and checked on our company at all times. They have the best IT and support team ever (maybe QB should hire them-LOL). I would definitely recommend SP for use with a pool company! They are great.

Cons:

System is very powerful, and it takes getting used to. There are a lot of features and sometimes confusing on how to figure them all out.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding The Service Program. As always, we are pleased to hear of your positive experience with our support team. We pride ourselves in our team and on providing feature rich solutions that will help you run your Service, Maintenance and Construction Pool & Spa business as efficiently as possible. We want you to get the most out of our software! In addition to our dedicated support team, we offer several training options including: a live training forum, private training and an online video training library. We urge you to take advantage of these powerful resources. Thank you again for recommending us!

Marlene K.
Owner/Office Manager in US

Technical Support is Absolutely the BEST

4 3 years ago

Comments: Very very positive!!!

Pros:

It has many features. If a feature isn't perfect there is usually a workaround. The technical support team helps modify features if possible or if not, explains options. I can't say enough about the support. You can talk to an actual person every day during a designated time. You can email questions and receive a response in a reasonable timeframe. There is a website with many tutorials. The support makes the software GREAT. I don't care how good a product is, if you don't have good support, it's not a good product. This software has the VERY BEST SUPPORT EVER!

Cons:

I would like a help section catalog where you could type your question and suggestions/solutions would pop up. Although there are training videos and they are great, sometime I need more specific answers. However, an email to support gives me my answers :)

3 years ago

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this detailed review. Customer satisfaction is top priority here at Westrom Software. Its great to hear that our support team delivers! We are pleased to hear that you are taking advantage of our online resources and truly value your feedback. Our team is currently in the process of streamlining our robust, 24/7 Online Help Manual to provide our customers with quick solutions to common questions and scenarios at their convenience. Your feedback helps us learn how we can better enhance the customer experience and provide the best customer service possible. Thanks again for your feedback!

Cristy R.
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

The Service Program for Pool Company

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall experience with the service program is that it is well worth it's money! The customer support is amazing, and any time I have called with questions, there is always someone willing and able to help me find any possible solutions for my specific difficulties.

Pros:

We like that this program is compatible with mobile devices. Our pool techs are able to to take their devices with them out in the field, and complete services while on the go. It also helps keep them on schedule so pools are not "missed". I also like that we can upload it to Quickbooks which makes for ease with our billing.

Cons:

The biggest drawback that I have come into contact with with The Service Program is the level of inconvenience when a pool tech is completing a pool for a co-worker. It does not seem to flow very easily when deviating from the normal schedule or the assigned techs.

3 years ago

Thank you for your positive review! We value your feedback and take it into consideration when developing future builds. If there is something we can improve upon, our development team will do their best to make it happen. Glad to hear of your positive experience with our support team. It¿s something we hear quite often and we are so proud of it! Thanks again for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback!

Michele W.
Consumer Services, Self Employed

5 Star Customer Service!!

5 5 years ago

Comments: We couldn't be more pleased with our choice for a software company to help our growing portable toilet company!! We extensively researched many companies before choosing The Service Program and couldn't be happier with our choice!! From day 1, the level of friendly, knowledgeable and patient customer service we have received has been excellent. I especially love the LIVE help option that is available. I have never interacted with a company that has provided the feature of two daily opportunities to call in and get the information I need. It has made all the difference. Of course, knowing I can call ANYTIME, even outside the Conference calls is a blessing as well. I never end my work day with any questions as it pertains to making The Service Program work the best it can for our company.
I recently called during one Live Help Session while at one of our sister companies. (Different service, retail industry) A fellow employee overheard the interaction ( I had the call on speaker phone) and commented how friendly, easy and knowledgeable the interaction was. She proceeded to mention that she wished the company they dealt with had the ease of service I had just received.
As I mentioned, we are a growing company and we just doubled our business with the purchase of a competitors company. The Service Program has made this transition seamless for us! We highly recommend The Service Program for your company needs. The value for your money, the friendly customer service and expertise the staff offer far exceeds any in the industry!!

Pros:

How I can track our inventory as well as get up to the date driver routes to my drivers.

Cons:

N/A

5 years ago

Thank you so much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer the best software solution for your industry, so I am happy to see that reflected on your implementation. Our professional trainers and technical support professionals remember your excitement to improve your prior process. We understand that with The Service Program you have streamlined making Rentals a simple process. Congrats on acquiring a competitor and look forward to a tenured relationship. Thank YOU!

Patrick R.
Assistant Manager of Pool Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Good Service, Exceptional Customer support

4 11 months ago

Comments: Overall experience has been positive. there are many features which our company has implemented that has saved both time and resources. The online portion has made it possible for our company to eliminate nearly 95% of our paper usage

Pros:

Product is easy to use, with many helpful online resources available. Product training videos help tremendously in getting new employees integrated into the software

Cons:

The software does have glitches like any other software. Normally glitches are resolved within the current day but sometimes small issues linger for a few days.

11 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are fortunate to have an exceptional support team that doesn't disappoint. Happy to hear that you are taking advantage of our videos and other online resources as well. As always, your input helps us to build the best software for the industry! We truly appreciate your feedback.

Cindy K.
office manager/bookkeeper in US

Always a great experience with customer service & tech support.

5 5 years ago

Pros:

Quick tech support response time, helpful & efficient. Training videos very helpful and easy to understand

Cons:

Hard to print reports. Could use info on how do get reports printed. like a list of how to print report needed

5 years ago

Thank you Cindy for your wonderful review. We love our clients! Your 100% satisfaction is our goal. I understand you brought in a new Service Manager and added a 4th user in the offices. As a reminder, your license provides ongoing software upgrades, Tech Support and access to our Training options. You are always welcome to send your feedback and suggestions on how to improve the software or services we offer. Westrom Software will do the best we can to ensure you are totally satisfied. Our professionals can assistance in any technical issue you face while using the software, mobile or online customer platform. One of our industry coaches will be contacting you to confirm simple steps to produce any reports necessary to support your business needs.

Jean B.
Manager in US

This is a very versatile program that supports the septic and portable rental business well.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

The system works seamlessly with quickbooks interface. Mapping and routes are easy to process. Can speak to a knowledgeable person when we have questions. A lot of customization is already built in and when we have requests the are attended to quickly.

Cons:

Has more features than we will ever use. Would be nice be able to set it up where we only see what we are using.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Knowing how our software is beneficial to your industry is particularly useful. We are pleased to hear of your positive experience with our knowledgeable staff. Our company values customer satisfaction and we will always be committed to our customers! We look forward to working with you again.

Jesse B.
President in US
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

Time Saver

5 3 years ago

Comments: We have been able to speed up our billing process and automate it, which results in a tremendous time savings for us. With add on features, the software allows us to grow and not have to find new solutions. This is just the system we needed.

Pros:

The integration with Quickbooks has really made invoicing efficient and fast.

Cons:

I really like the software. As with any software, there is a bit of a learning curve, but The Service Program is really user friendly and easy to learn.

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We pride ourselves in developing software that helps grow your business. Knowing that our software is positively impacting your work flow process by saving you time, lets us know we are on track. Thanks for sharing!