Filter by:

• Overall

About DrChrono

DrChrono cloud-based all in one mobile EHR with PM that includes live claims feed, real time eligibility checks, custom appt reminders.

Learn more about DrChrono

Dr baden P.
Dr baden P.
Owner / Primary Chiropractic Physician at Fit 4 Life Chiropractic
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"Save thousands in upfront expenses."

Comments: I saved thousands of dollars in upfront expenses from other EHR companies and then pay update fees every year.

Pros: They keep current payers at the monthly price they started at when tasing the priced for new customers. I have been with and using DrChrono for about 6 years now. They are always improving. It is a nice system that can be used multi-disciplinary. I am a chiropractor an I used it with a a medical Nurse Practitioner. What initially appealed to me is there was no multi thousand dollar up front software like a lot of other EHR companies want to charge you, along with yearly upgrade fees. None of that here so you start off saving thousands.

Cons: The Price keeps raising every year, for new accounts. Customer service sinks and there is no direct phone number to call to have the issue solved right away, you have to email them and wait for them to get back to you.

Dr john Z.
Non-Force Chiropractor
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"The ultimate software partner for your Mac computer office!"

Comments: Patients save me time and charting by communicating through the onpatient portal.
I can run reports and have an immediate idea of what symptoms and frequency my patients are presenting and develop educational materials that support those diagnosis.
I stay on top of my day by way of daily schedule emailed to me every morning.

Pros: Seamless integration with my MacBook, iMac and iPhone.
Fast, knowledgeable support.
The unlimited ability to customize for my sole practitioner non-force chiropractic practice.
Easy to understand video tutorials which answer most questions without having to contact support.
Robust, integrated systems, such as the ability to provide credit card processing.
Knowing that drchrono is a leader and partner with Apple Health.

Cons: I get frustrated when I am on a learning curve with a new part of the software. But that's my problem!

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020
Shikha A.
Practice Manager
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2017

"WORST SOFTWARE I'VE EVER USED"

Comments: I am switching to eClinicalWorks because this software cost me a lot of money, headache, frustration, and time. I do not recommend it for groups with more than 5 PCPs.

Pros: It’s looks pretty, has pretty coloring, iPad application not too bad. Cheap. Meaning you get what you pay for.

Cons: Where do I start… first of all, this is the WORST software I’ve EVER used. 1) Two people cannot be in the same account. And if you are, ALL of your notes disappear into thin air.
2) The speech to text feature is useless
3) The reporting function is inoperable. It crashes if the report is too big. And you cannot customize it to your liking and you have to wait for it to be in the message center.
4) Their online support is A JOKE. They cannot help you 50% of the time from the start.
5) The whole platform constantly crashes without any warning and they leave you stranded without prior notice
6) They need to market to small PCP groups only, this software is not made for other specialties
7) Their onboarding training is a waste of time. Their trainers have no clue what the provider does on daily basis.
8) They only do API interphasing and they don’t do it themselves. You have to go through a 3rd party and pay tons of money for it.
9) Their template construction is too cumbersome. It actually takes you less time to free type rather than follow their note template
10) Everything is done based on appointments. So, you need to document outside of that, you cannot.

by Richard on 01/01/1970

Our sincerest apologies for the experience you have encountered with our platform and service. The drchrono EHR platform is indeed not made for inpatient facilities such as yours and is specialized for outpatient ambulatory practices.

We appreciate your feedback and would like to let you know that our team has been actively working on improving and innovating our EMR software and service. We thank you for maintaining your standards for software and for having done a fantastic job in testing our platform to its limits as this is the same standard that we are striving to achieve.

Your dedicated account manager has sent you a follow up email, but please feel free to also directly email the account management team at [email protected] for any further assistance until you transition to the new EMR platform as this is always an available avenue for you.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2017
Laura B.
Owner/Doctor
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2021

"TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! DON'T DO IT!"

Comments: We used them for several years, used to have great customer service and communication and it's pretty obvious they are going under and we were overpaying for years!

Pros: Customization of templates and scheduling calendar.

Cons: Many system crashes over the last year. We decided to switch to a different EHR system that was more user friendly, better online booking system and our account manager will NOT get back to us after WEEKS of sending emails and phone calls to get notes imported to new system and to cancel the account.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2021
Jessica C.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Responsive Support, and an Improvement-Focused Team"

Comments: My regular interactions with DrChrono's support staff and management team were consistently wonderful.
The software could be a little more intuitively designed. I appreciate the magnitude of the service DrChrono strives to provide, and how challenging it must be to create a software that covers all bases.

Pros: DrChrono is very powerful software that aspires to provide integrated solutions to many or all needs of a medical office.
The customer support is absolutely the best part of DrChrono.
It seemed clear to me that DrChrono was invested in listening to customer feedback and making updates to better serve their clients.
Each page provides a great deal of information.
It's worth investing the time to learn how to make the most of the software.

Cons: There was one day when significant updates had been made to the software without any advance notice to the users. Left work one evening, started getting messages about the changes from struggling staff the next morning. That said, this happened only once in two years, and was not typical of the software experience. Training period recommended. This is not necessarily pick-up-and-go software for most people. The learning curve is relatively high, solutions aren't always intuitive, windows err on providing almost too much information so it can be a challenge to know where to focus for the data you need in the moment if you're not familiar with the software. It may be useful to note that emails sent through Dr.Chrono to patients are not HIPAA-compliant. While it's technically possible to manage inventory in DrChrono, there are better services out there.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Kevin L.
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2015

"Great improvements over the last few years"

Comments: I have been a drchrono customer for the last four years (really since the beginning of their time) so this review is my honest opinion of the previous years with drchrono. drchrono has really stepped up their game - I am happy I stayed with them. I use to wait days before someone would get back to me when I had an issue. I have been blown away that within the last year I haven't had to worry about waiting days to weeks to get answers and I just really realized that as I sent in my last few tickets. The support people were so helpful, I got an answer in less than an hour and they actually addressed my concerns. Such an improvement. I use to have a lot of downtime with drchrono which made the "efficiency of an EHR" non-existent. I haven't had downtime in I don't know how long which has been great for my practice. I spoke with a few drchrono members who said they were fixing the issue, building out infrastructure (whatever that means) but I am really happy I didn't switch during that time. I can now work throughout the day on my EHR and no longer need to chart my notes at home. For a period of time I used drchrono with a biller I had on staff. She use to complain that the system was slowing her down because it took a ton of clicks in order to run the report she was looking for or post a payment or whatever. After being assigned an Account Manager I was able to talk with them about this pain point my biller was experiencing; within the next day or so there was a new button added so she didn't have to click around as much as she was having to. She said this has saved her hours every week. I don't think our account would get that service anywhere else. On another note, my biller had to take a leave of absence because she was having a baby. I didn't know how to follow up on the billing and didn't have anyone else in the office that could help so again I called my Account Manager. She mentioned that drchrono could help me in the meantime or permanently by becoming my biller while she is out. She has been out for two months now and I have to say, the transition was very easy and I am actually making more money since they have stepped up doing the billing services. As you can see, I am very happy I didn't switch EHR's. Good luck in your EHR decisions but save yourself the hassle and join drchrono. They listen to you, they are helpful and they are always updating their software (at no additional cost). Best of luck with your practices.
Dr. Lin

• Reviewed on 14/07/2015
Abbey P.
easy and beautiful like a Mac user would expect.
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2018

"overall worth it"

Comments: We have been using drchrono for over 5 years, we have recently added the billing feature and it is working out great. We love it.

Pros: The software is user friendly and definitely laid out and user friendly like an apple user would expect. The final document is polished around the edges like a mac user would expect. Clean, crisp and user friendly.

Cons: If you do have a problem or a question that requires customer support there is no phone number to call and get immediate help. You have to submit a ticket and wait for them to get back to you. The turn around is usually 24 hours, and if you are not available when they call they leave a number to call them back on. The number then becomes inactive after about 1 month, So you cant keep the number and call in later with a new question.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2018
Edie C.
psychiatric nurse practitioner - private practice, sole proprietor
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2018

"all in one software for private practice in psychiatry"

Comments: appreciate that as small single provider in part time practice that monthly cost is reasonable,
if it was much more expensive, i would be tempted to go for some of the free services available for electronic billing, prescribing, etc

Pros: that EMR, electronic prescribing, electronic billing, in one easy to use program, especially like how with electronic billing, patient statements are automatically created once insurance pays their portion, makes billing very easy, cost effective compared to billing service

Cons: delay in getting customer service, no ability to get immediate answer to simple question,
would like more already created templates for psychiatric practice
having to click on each item for standard MSE in physical exam takes more time than i like

• Reviewed on 02/03/2018
Shahla A.
MD
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2021

"System Shut down every week"

Comments: For the last 1 year: Poor experience. 2018: It was an excellent soft ware

Pros: I liked their billing part but what's the point as you end up losing more money by these constant shut downs and we have to reschedule our patients. We still have to pay our providers out of our pocket. My biggest concern is a medication error while the system is down. We can not evaluate patients without their medical records. It was really good when I first signed up 2 years ago but for the past 7-8 months, it has become a nightmare to deal with constant shut downs of the system.

Cons: Lack of care on part of your customer support. You should be honest about your capability to trouble shoot an issue. Stop taking more customers if you can not handle the traffic. I referred so many people to you when your service was good however it appears now you have compromised quality of your service to get more customers.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2021
Kristina J.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Non Existent Technical Support - If the program isn't working you are out of luck"

Comments: NEVER CHOOSE AN EMR THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DIRECT TECHNICAL SUPPORT NUMBER

Pros: Digitally receiving e faxes
Fairly easy e-refills
Price point is competative
Custom appointment profiles are nice

Cons: 1) There is no tech support number. You can only email tech support. Tech support has taken weeks to get back to us. Most of our concerns have gone unaddressed. People say they will look into an issue and then we will not hear back. EPCS has been down all day. I called the sales number. No one answers. The sales voicemail was full! I emailed every contact I had. No response. I emailed tech support. They wrote that EPCS is fixed and working. EPCS is still not working. I have no ability to talk to a human. No one can give me an ETA, let alone fix the issue. For this reason alone I would never choose this EMR again.
2) You cannot write a note in a patient's chart without creating an appointment.
3) The SOAPNOTE set up is just strange.
4) Our outgoing e-faxes don't work properly and no one has gotten back to us about this issue.
5) There are no lab, radiology, pathology tabs. You have to assign tags manually in each chart.
6) Electronic lab results and uploaded lab results cannot go to the same folder.
7) As soon as we gave our credit card we have not heard from our sales rep and no one seems to care if our account is functional or not.

by Nick on 20/03/2018

Hello Kristina,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to follow up with you in regards to the concerns you've noted. During the implementation of our EHR, your practice has been assigned a dedicated account manager who can help you make the most out of DrChrono EHR, and we've been informed that your Account Manager has been in contact with you. In addition, our account management team holds regular account reviews to provide product updates as well as document any feedback you may have.

Our marketing team also sends out our Account Review Request emails to our customers so that we can proactively touch base with any of the customers that want to have their account reviewed or to answer your questions. In terms of technical support, we respond to most of our online support tickets within 1 business day. Moreover, there are numerous knowledge base articles that can answer most of your technical questions. Our sales line is dedicated to the sales team and not our customer support so it is not the right number to call.

If you have any other questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at [email protected] or reach out to your account manager.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.

-DrChrono Team

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Chris D.
Doctor of Chiropractic
Medical Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2017

"A very versatile and powerful platform"

Comments: I have used this platform for years in a small, low-volume one-practitioner office. It is one of the few platforms that I have used over 3 decades of practice that actually provides what it sets out to do.It's extreme versatility sometimes makes it seem overly complex, but customer service is ALWAYS there to help and with some exploration, experimentation, and guidance from customer service it is not difficult to make it do EXACTLY what you want it to do.

Pros: What I like most about this platform is its all encompassing nature that it provides and its extreme versatility. It keeps the schedule, documentation, case notes, images, does patient billing and even patient contacting and emailing. It is EXTREMELY versatile and useful.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Josh S.
chiropractor
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2017

"Good of you are tech savy and able to make your own forms"

Comments: Outside of the EHR this software had the best set up of the 10 or so I did demos on. The EHR is not set up well initially but the ability to create your own forms make it possible to maximize the efficiency by matching it exactly to your office and workflow. However if you aren't a tech savy person you may want to go with a chiro specific software that will be better set up out of the box.

Pros: I chose this software for many of the admin tools and a lot of the "extras" I was looking for such as patient portal, online scheduling (only software I found that fit my needs here) and liked the ipad / iphone compatibility. It is very customizable which suited what I as looking for as I am pretty particular.

Cons: It takes a lot of setting up on the EHR end of the software. The base forms are not really for chiros and they then rely on the library other users have submitted forms to. These I found to be out of date and not really suited to the level of documentation needed for todays compliance requirements. So in short it is not a software that will flow well "out of the box" but will need some up front work to create forms specific to your clinic. The good new is this is a pretty straight forward process.
The other con is that the "check in" is not really suited to repeat office visits in a chiro office but more suited as an initial visit on boarding.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2017
Tawnya B.
Primary Provider
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2016

"ARISE SAS review"

Comments: It works well with our team, we 100% developed all of our templates without help from Dr. Chrono team. We started in late 2013 and continue to develop and maximize our use of this system.

Pros: Portability for our Sexual Assault Nurse team is most important. We currently cover 20,000 square miles on Eastern NM and taking it to the pt. is most important.

Cons: We have been through MULTIPLE account managers, which is terrible for our continuity: Starting a work order and scheduling a meeting to assist us thru problems on a Friday to find out on Monday we have been assigned someone new, and having to start over with the whole process is extremely frustration and its delays pt. care at times.
We recently had an issue with being able to Access our account and for greater than >5 days we were not able to get into the charting system. I had to insistently peruse getting help with this... meaning "ok we will have someone get back with you in the next 24 hours is not acceptable"
I resorted to having all members where unable to sign in to start filling out workorders by the masses. Customer service were good to respond but still didn't fix problems for several days. And there was never any updated information shared as to why this problem was occurring.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2016
Betty L.
Practice Consultant
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"Easiest to use EMR system of the 6 I have worked on over the past 10 years"

Comments: Private practices who are not owned by hospitals and need a good dependable EMR that is fully functional and affordable should give this a look. Wish we would have known about this one sooner. They also offer billing service for those who can't afford to pay a full time staff member with benefits. I am very pleased with the results we get from drchrono

Pros: This is very easy to learn and use compared to EPIC, Allscripts and others I have worked on in the past. The support is excellent when you need it and our account rep is top notch in her willingness to guide our practice and resolve any issues.

Cons: The payment posting needs a little tweaking, but I hear this is in process. When you apply an adjustment amount that is denied and you must write off, it should write it off instead of leaving it in the insurance balance due until you enter another adjustment line with a 45 reason code. I have made a suggestion and they are working on the change.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
James D.
M.D.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Do not use this software product"

Comments: I purchased this software for my primary care practice, the features seemed to fit very well. After eight months, and $10,000 paid, I have no product. After paying over $5000 to my existing software product to package the data onto a thumb drive, they were never able to extract the data. The TechTeam was clearly inept, inexperienced, and woefully lacking in training, experience, or knowledge.
Countless hours and a small fortune, they were not able to put my data into their system. I contacted my current software vendor, Quest Quanum, and it seems the data extraction problem was unique to Dr. Chrono. They strung me along for several months, while I was paying monthly fees in anticipation of getting a new EHR software, without any real transparency. Now they are demanding all the money for the two-year contract. When I stopped payments and demanded my money back, they told me that they had hired a third-party for data extraction but it would cost me more money.

Pros: Integrated fax, calendar, messaging, all needed functions of the office and the health record combined into one software

Cons: Very poor customer support, and lack of knowledge by support teams

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020
Laura B.
OT
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"Not a good interface for therapy"

Pros: Easy view on computer for individual schedules
Lets you view other's schedules as well
Can make multiple note templates
Have had many fewer "glitches" in recent past than when I first started using it
iPad interface is decent

Cons: I am an OT, and it is not the best system to use for therapy documentation in my mind
Can't delete note templates
Tasks often stop working
When things get "fixed" they often stop working again
Phone interface is challenging to use

by The DrChrono Team on 25/07/2018

Dear Laura,
Thank you for your feedback. We pride DrChrono on being a completely customizable system, with the ability to customize how you take your clinical notes whichever way you like. Have you tried exploring our template library for OT templates that may work better with your workflow or our macro buttons, which serve as text expanders? With these, you can pick and choose when you’d like certain information to populate (without typing)! Regardless, we offer many different options for customizing how you can take your notes based on your specialty and workflow. As far as tasking, there is a new version of our tasking to show you and migrate you to. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have questions about best practices for using the DrChrono EHR app on your iPhone.

The DrChrono Team

Brian O.
Nurse Practitioner
Medical Practice
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2016

"If you want to go solo Dr. Chrono will get you there."

Pros: Dr. Chrono enables me to run my solo psychiatric practice both efficiently and profitable. I can change, what I want, when I want and it is easy, very easy and intuitive to use. They take care of my billing and credentialing process so all I have to do is see patients. I have experienced only good customer service and support. And when I travel internationally I can still document and prescribe for my patients. When other practitioners complain about their systems I just laugh and tell them they are getting screwed because an EHR can be functional, affordable, easy to use and customer service can be receptive to your needs.

Cons: I really have no major complaints about Dr. Chrono.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2016
Levi W.
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2017

"A very expansive cutting edge web-based system with many features and options, which at times can be a bit complex. Phenomenal customer service though."

Pros: Tons of different options and features. Notes are completely customizable. Customer support is great. Being able to access my notes from anywhere there is internet access is awesome. The Ipad apps for Dr Chrono seem to work pretty well.

Cons: The note builder system is too cumbersome to use efficiently. I spent hours tweaking my notes to get them just the way I wanted, so although I ended up getting what i wanted, it took far too long to realize my ideal notes and procedures in my office.
The system is not well set up for Chiropractic offices, but rather more of a traditional medical office which may have been why there was so much effort needed to get things set up. I had to create several work-arounds to make the system work for an office that sees patients more often and for different reasons than a medical office. The integrated point of sale system is not competitively priced and not very conducive to multiple visit care plans, so I had to outsource that portion of my business with a company called Fortis.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2017
Veronica A.
Optometric Assistant and Sales

"Efficient program"

Pros: Dr. Chrono allows establishments to construct an organized work space and boasts nearly all the functions required to run a profitable and superior business.

Cons: Moderate ease of use. Options offered in a concise and direct way could be improved. If multiple users are logged in at the same time, information may have troubles saving.

Simona V.
Staff accountant
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"Great layout and functionality for a doctor office"

Pros: Love the ipad and EHR integration. The schedule and patient billing are easy to use and understand. All of the reports are exportable and extremely useful as well.

Cons: We are optical offices so drhrono has many features that are not needed and sometimes can seem excessive. Also, we had some issues using the API however drchrono support was able to assist. It would be great if there was a customer service phone number to call into instead of always having to submit requests online.

Paula C.
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"DrChrono10-30-18!"

Comments: I would highly recommend DrChrono to anyone looking for a user friendly, well optioned EHR with great customer support!

Pros: I love how easily I can navigate around DrChrono! There are several ways to easily get to almost any area of a patient's chart. Whether I am in a billing section or chart section I can move to where I need to be without any issue. I also especially like the insurance eligibility feature. It is absolutely wonderful to be able to plug in the insurance identification # and have the most recent deductible, copay and coinsurance information readily available! There is also a very handy feature called "practice chat" to message the doctor while he is in with a patient if I have an urgent question or request.

Cons: I do wish there was a bit more definition in the schedule so I can see the time frames for appointments better but it's really just a small item. I can still always click on line and if it's not what I wanted I can change the time myself in the appointment window.....no worries!

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Anita C.
manager/biller
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"Love the ease of this system"

Pros: It is complete in an easy to use format. I was hesitant on changing systems in the beginning but it became clear early on that I should have made this switch a long time ago.

Cons: At times, likely more of a wifi issue, it is slow and/or hard to get into. Our tech support is working on upgrading our wifi.

Paige S.
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2017

"EHR Happiness"

Comments: We have been using DrChrono since 2013 and have been very happy with it. We have repeatedly been pleased to see the new features that are put out and always find the check-ins with our account managers to be informative and helpful. Compared to so many other nightmare stories we hear from other practices, we have had relatively smooth sailing with DrChrono, and look forward to continuing with them.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2017
Jaime S.
PA-C/Owner
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2018

"Very easy to use and love the dictation component on the iPad."

Pros: Easy to use on iPad and iPhone, love that fact that I can send a controlled Rx via eRx. Ordering controlled Rx pads are expensive.

Cons: Doesn't show the active allergies in the record when sending a Rx. Would be great if allergies would display on the prescription screen when sending a Rx

• Reviewed on 26/01/2018
Yasen R.
manager
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SOFTWARE IS BEYOND AMAZING"

Pros: system is easy to change notes and re format.
Easy to on iPads
backup system is easy to manage
prices for plans are not to bad
comes with new user tutorials

Cons: sometimes system does not save things
don't like that you have to put in a ticket to fix a problem

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018