DigitalChalk Reviews

by Infinity Learning Solutions

Filter by:

• Overall

About DigitalChalk

With 5 star support, innovative technology, and attractive pricing, DigitalChalk is a perfect fit for online training providers.

Learn more about DigitalChalk

Barbara S.
Program Officer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"A+ Online Education Software"

Comments: Our online diabetes education course is offered in the English language in the country of India, and in Spanish in the Central American Region. Our previous platform was astronomically expensive to host. After the one time small vendor fee, the platform costs the course fee that is paid by the students as they purchase the course. It couldn't be easier, or more cost effective. Revenue is processed monthly by DigitalChalk and wired directly to our bank account. Simple reports on the courses purchased are easy to generate for our accounting team to appropriately credit the revenue to the right program.

Pros: I love that it is so easy to build my own courses, receive feedback, grade assignments, and conduct needed reports on finances and student progress. I also love that when I write to the support team, they always respond within an hour or less. They are so helpful with links and screen shots of exactly what to do to fix a problem, and at times they've made corrections on my behalf.

Cons: There really isn't anything I do not like about the software.

Alternatives Considered: Unlock Learn

Reasons for Choosing DigitalChalk: The other company's software was very difficult to manage. We had to hire a consultant to run reports and manage the courses because it was so complicated. In addition it was very expensive. DigitalChalk is simple to manage, operate, and administer as well as extremely cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalChalk: Features available, low cost, user friendly nature of the software

by Infinity Learning Solutions on 14/01/2020

Hi Barbara,
Thank you so much for your great, thoughtful review! It's awesome to see that you love so much about DigitalChalk. We want to continue delivering that kind of experience to everyone who uses our learning platform, so if you have any suggestions on how we can make course delivery and reporting better for everyone, please let us know at [email protected]italchalk.com Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
W H.
Faculty
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2010

"Best product, in this category, on the market"

Comments: DC is by far the best in its class. It is designed (in my opinion) for fully automated online courses. If this is what you want to do...I cannot think of anything better. I am an odd user of the program and have high demands (teach software with large file sizes). DC is great for distributing (and protecting) my lectures, but for my particular requirements, I needed to pair DC with Moodle. Digital Chalk has been one of the best companies I have ever worked with. They even quoted to create custom applications to work with our in-house systems. They have been completely fair with me and have greatly increased the quality and enjoyment of my job. I have been using the program for 2 years and am running on their newest platform. The update was dramatic. I expect great things to come with future updates and am positive that this company will adapt to their users. Excellent work.

Pros: Instant setup, begin uploading your course in seconds. Very fast and rarely down (I have been using the site daily for almost 2 years). EXCELLENT customer support - never seen anything like it. Questions are answered immediately, bugs are fixed, and sometimes they just do it for you. I use 400-500MB files - videos upload quickly and logs notifications. I cannot say enough great things about the customer support. Very nice, very helpful - motivated and energetic people. When I have students drop, they take care of the refunds and fix problems very quickly I give DC 3 stars for meeting my needs, but 5 stars for protecting my work as a non-regular faculty member at a university. I feel motivated to better my lectures knowing they are protected and are controlled by me

Cons: no option for just publishing as an eBook (for an addition to an actual class)...but I use DC for an actual university class, not a purely online course. Does not have BlackBoard/Moodle integrated features (video chat, blogs, forums, etc.). No ability to edit documents online...but again, this is not what DC was designed for. Does not have the diversity of testing questions as Blackboard does. 500MB video limits...I teach software and need high resolution. Students do occasionally complain that it is difficult to see some of the details. For my courses that are power-point/video driven...no complaints whatsoever.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2010
Chris S.
VP of Technical Training | U.S. & Canada
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2016

"Forget looking anywhere else!"

Comments: First Pro - Their Team
From the first demonstration with sales to technical support and client service, the DigitalChalk Team not only answered our questions but answered them thoroughly and offered other ideas to help our business deliver the perfect e-learning experience to our customers. It is not necessarily the service that is unique, it is the people behind that service that takes our experience to an entirely new level. You will likely see this said time and again from others but "They care about our success."
Second Pro - Technical Support
We have a limited team here that deals with our tech issues and questions. We have relied on J and Adrian so many times, I have lost count.
The turnaround on issues is amazingly quick and they even adapted to our unique request to allow a certain type of content to be accessed through our courses iFrame features. We proudly stand behind this tech team of DigitalChalk. Third Pro - Course Delivery
We ran extensive comparisons on the other LRS and LMS options out there and we could not be more thankful that we chose DigitalChalk.
We have seen other student access portals and while some might offer a "prettier" appearance but can not hold a candle to the features we get through DC. From branding to delivery format to tracking and the support options you can offer your students, it is an winning choice to go with DigitalChalk. To top that off, they are always coming up with new features. They even took a request from us to customize our exam delivery functions. Fourth Pro
Notification of student or account activity. We are smaller, so we typically wear several hats at our organization. With that said, we never have to worry about actions on our course going un-noticed. DigitalChalk offers a full suite of notification options triggered by student or Admin activity that you can customize to fit your specific needs. If, by some small chance, they don't offer the notification trigger you are looking for - call support and, based off our experiences, before you get off the phone you will have a solution to your problem or someone will be working on it immediately.
We will go nowhere else! A sincere Thank You from a loyal client.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2016
Rene W.
pres
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2010

"D2D Cable and Digital Chalk"

Comments: I love these guys! This is a wonderful company that gives me confidence in the small businesses of America. I hope to do business with this team for years to come!

Pros: I absolutely LOVE the team at DC. They are supportive and responsive and candid. I have great confidence in their integrity and commitment to help us in our success-they feel like partners. The system is easy to use and I like the ability to add pieces and format the chalkboards. When I have a problem I get it taken care of immediately and effectively almost every time. My problems are treated like VIP problems at every turn. the system is easy to use and the support team is kind when it turns out to be my fault-thanks! I am a non-technical type and this group has helped me achieve some great things with their helpfulness.

Cons: I don't like the limitations of the reporting. I would like a lot more flexibility to pull reports on more fields. We need another level of roles that will allow a person to add users and view grade books and preview courses without having the ability to view the cost of classes or to edit them. 500mg is not a large enough file to offer acceptable video--need a bigger better option as we pursue bigger clients

Thanks for the review!

We have updated our reporting featuring, which now allows you to have full flexibility to pull reports on various fields easily. In addition, we have added new roles that allow you to simply add users, view grade books, and preview courses without having the ability to view the cost or classes or edit them. Another product enhancement includes a larger file limit for uploads. You can now upload video up to 1GB.

We hope you have enjoyed these enhancements!

• Reviewed on 18/05/2010
Ste M.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2017

"Excellent."

Comments: Grow our business and delivery quality to customers.

Pros: - User friendly and pretty intuitive.
- Incredibly stable and reliable; this software has clearly been well tested before implementation.
- Flexible with plenty of options and capacity.
-Exceptional customer service even after we purchased (for some organisations it is just about the first sale. These guys are committed to their clients, no matter the size).

Cons: No App yet, but hoping for one soon. User Interface looks a little dated and could possibly do with a more modern design; however, I will have this over a glitchy unstable product any day.

by Infinity Learning Solutions on 07/06/2017

Thanks for the review! You'll be happy to know that one of our main focuses in the current and upcoming development cycles is updating the look and feel of the platform. Apps can sometimes limit functionality so at the moment we prefer to keep our platform browser based and focus on mobile responsiveness, as this enables us to ensure that the system is fully functional on all mobile devices. We believe you're really going to like the interface updates we're working on!

Thanks!

The DigitalChalk Team

• Reviewed on 06/06/2017
John G.
Chancellor
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2010

"DigitalChalk Systems"

Comments: DigitalChalk is light years ahead of any other educational content development, deployment, and delivery system on the market today. Einstein is truly amazing in its intuitive, user-friendly system for creating and delivering courses for students at any level. It's pure genius. Our experiences with the DigitalChalk team have been very gratifying because of their attention to details and to customer satisfaction. Their ability to respond to customer needs with accurate solutions is second to none in the technology industry. We have had nothing but positive feedback from our students around the globe--from China, to India, to South Africa, to Europe, to the Caribbean--who are performing at a high level and actually enjoying their college education experience as a direct result of the DigitalChalk system and its application to our academic programs. We have no hestiation in recommending DigitalChalk as the best and most dependable system for online educational excellence.

Pros: Creating educational content with DigitalChalk is so easy that it's too easy! Dependability of DigitalChalk delivery to students ensures the fact that student complaints are virtually non-existent. Creating and administering online assessments are simple and intuitive. Integrity and security of the assessment system is excellent.

Cons: We have found very little in the DigitalChalk system that is problematic, and even those things were solved in a prompt and satisfactory manner.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2010
Mike L.
HR Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2017

"We are very pleased with Digital Chalk, especially the reporting function."

Comments: Was using another LMS, but important reports required direct involvement from customer support. Very frustrating! With DC, we can obtain the needed data without assistance any time we wish.

Pros: Software is very easy to use on an ongoing basis. Reports are easy to build and results are generated quickly. Support is simply outstanding.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2017
James D.
Owner/Lead Instructor
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2012

"Cornerstone-edu.com"

Comments: A+ recommendation overall. My "cons" were small in the whole scheme of things. You will be impressed with the level of thought that went into the DC system. Great choice and I highly recommend.

Pros: I chose Digital Chalk because of the e-commerce feature, the video & powerpoint on the screen. For some student testing, I use proctoru.com. D.C. made everything work smoothly. I am not a techie person, but everyone and I mean everyone helped get my company up and going. I made a great investment with Digital Chalk for my company.

Cons: I wish the uses of all the features were in a video format. The "bible" of how to use the system is over 100 pages long. It covers everything...but how about some videos! However, Dave & Adrian & Josh all helped me. In fact, Dave is calling me a psuedo-techie now! The first sentence is the only "con" I can come up with.

by Infinity Learning Solutions on 17/10/2013

Thank you for your review!

We appreciate your feedback and now have an array of video tutorials and demonstrations available on our YouTube and Vimeo pages.

As we push out new updates to our system, each release now has a video demonstration to ease you into the changes. We hope this helps!

• Reviewed on 18/07/2012
Mike S.
Director of Technology
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2010

"We're very satisfied with Digital Chalk as an intuitive, scalable solution for our online courses."

Comments: Digital Chalk has an intuitive, scalable solution for anyone looking to present their curriculum online. The environment for creating the courses has been very easy to work with and modify when needed. Their customer support has been extremely reliable in responding to any issue in a timely manner with the desired results. I would recommend this product/platform to anyone looking to present their material in a way that's both engaging and easy to use for any participant.

Pros: - Great product/platform
- Intuitive
- Scalable
- Willing to meet our needs
- Outstanding customer support
- Evolving product to include additional needed features

Cons: - Can't be viewed on most mobile devices
- Processing video can take a bit long depending on how many/which format you choose

by Infinity Learning Solutions on 17/10/2013

Thanks for the great review!

We appreciate your feedback and have made some great improvements to the DigitalChalk platform. The system can now be easily viewed on most mobile devices. As for the video processing, the speed has been greatly improved over the years, but of course, it greatly depends on how the video is created and rendered before the upload process.

We hope you have enjoyed using DigitalChalk!

• Reviewed on 10/06/2010
David B.

"Great educational platform"

Comments: I have been with DigitalChalk for about 1 and a half years now. They help be get my course online and provided an easy platform for my students that take my course. I am able to set my own price and the billing packages are very simple. They walk me through every aspect of the setup and if I cannot find it in the tutorials, they help me right away over the phone. The whole platform is customized for my company. I have DigitalChalk to thank for my success and I am continue to add to the courses I offer. They have helped me every step of the way. In the rare instance there is an issue when I call they know my name and help resolve any issue right away, no long delays or down time , which is crucial when others are affected. I highly recommend you try it for at least 90 days.

by Infinity Learning Solutions on 06/05/2014

David, thank you for your review! We love customer feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

So glad you have had a great experience with our support team. Remember, our blog (www.digitalchalk.com/blog) is also filled with great tips, tricks, and tutorials to help you build your courses as well. Let us know if you ever need help or additional resources!

Thanks,
The DigitalChalk Team

Suzannah N.
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2010

"Thank you Digital Chalk!"

Comments: Over the years Ive spent thousands of dollars creating my own online learning platform. When it came time to upgrade I wrote the specs for my programmer. Again I was reluctantly facing several thousand dollars to do the necessary upgrade. Thankfully I did one last search before I gave him approval. Thats when I found Digital Chalk. I was so impressed by user friendly details of their program as well as the professional service they offered through the demo. Needless to say, I have put a stop on my new program and am converting my course to Digital Chalk. Thank you Digital Chalk for helping make my life easier and especially saving my so much money. Now I can focus on my content without worrying about the expense and headache of programming.

Pros: Digital Chalk is extremely user friendly and allows for many different learning platforms. The administrative features make if easy for the instructor to design a course and keep in touch with students in a manner they choose.
It's also very affordable. No extra programming fees!

Cons: I have seen no problems with Digital Chalk.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2010
Shawn S.
Technical Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2011

"Easy and Feature Rich Online Training!!"

Comments: Overall DigitalChalk is a great, easy to use product with a great team behind the scenes making for a complete online training solution.

Pros: DigitalChalk is easy to use and implement. It has most all the necessary features needed to deliver quality online training all for a very competitiveness and easy to understand pricing structure. Customer support is always there to answer any questions no matter how minute or difficult they may be. They are constantly adding features to the product to enhance not only the user experience but as well the administrator experience.

Cons: No option to have a manager account for group signups. A manager account could have access to their employees gradebooks to check on status of their training.

by Infinity Learning Solutions on 20/09/2011

Thanks for the fantastic view Shawn! Just so you know, we recently added a Facilitator role to the system. If you setup a unique course offering for a group, you can create a facilitator that has the gradebook access you mention in your review.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2011
Martha W.
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2011

"Real Estate Online Course"

Comments: DigitalChalk offered the perfect solution to take my live seminar and produce it for online delivery. The multiple components (video, slides, exams, checkpoints, etc.) have repeatedly earned praise from educators, evaluators and students. The course was ARELLO accredited with praise for the interactivity. The DigitalChalk support team helped me throughout the course design and with updates. I cannot recommend Digital Chalk highly enough for delivery of online courses.

Pros: Ease of use - uploading video and slides, programming - all very intuitive
Ease of Implementation
Perfect for our needs - registration and payment handled through Digital Chalk, we receive monthly payments
Cost Effectiveness - low start up and reasonable per use fee
VERY Rich!
Excellent Customer Support
Innovative - frequent introduction of new elements to enhance the product

Cons: None. If I have a "want" they listen and work on it.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2011
Andrea I.
Consultant/Instructional Design

"Best Ever"

Comments: Digital Chalk has provided the most perfect solution for my online training needs. As an independent contractor for instructional design and online training my online hosting needs are variable. Digital Chalk has amazing flexibility and features that have easily accommodated all my various course development, registration, offering, and pricing needs. And the best part is their customer service. In the two years I've been using Digital Chalk, the support staff has ALWAYS been responsive, helpful, so nice. and so friendly. They're just great. If they can't answer when I call, I always get a call back within an hour. The one thing they could improve is the online help documentation. But when I haven't been able to find the answer there, their support staff has helped me out. Overall, I have been totally happy and satisfied with Digital Chalk and I can't say enough great things about them.

Laina S.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2010

"Excellent Learning Platform"

Comments: I highly recommend anyone interested in offering an educational program or product online, to utilize Digital Chalk's services.

Pros: Digital Chalks learning system is easy to use and completely professional. The Digital Chalk system provides an environment that is completely conducive to learning, the way everything is presented make the experience not only beneficial and easy but enjoyable! The system makes sure that the teacher and student are taken care of, by proactively identifying what will be needed and having it ready. Above all the customer service is FANTASTIC! The whole team from start to finish aim to please! I highly recommend Digital Chalk.

Cons: I can think of no negative experiences.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2010
Jeff W.
Director of Training
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2010

"DigitalChalk Rocks!"

Comments: I would absolutely recommend this product. It makes it easy to create your own training classes instead of buying off the shelf stuff. Their customer support staff is INCREDIBLE! They walked me through how to create my first class step by step. I spent 3 months looking for something like DigitalChalk and I'm so glad I finally found it. I'm the Director of Training for a company that is spread out all over the country so this makes online learning easy and fun!

Pros: DigitalChalk is so easy to use and build high quality video based training. Love the fact that it does testing and tracks the users scores and lets an administrator look at those scores. The best part is you only pay for what you use so no monthly fees!

Cons: So far I've not found any cons to this product

• Reviewed on 27/05/2010
David V.
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2014

"WorkLife Resources and Digital Chalk"

Comments: We have used this LMS for years now, probably six or seven, and have our own courses on it and we are now producing courses for others. The system is very flexible and allows us to create courses in the way that we want to do it. We don't have to compromise due to system limits. The cost is reasonable. The technical support has always been there, although we haven't needed it very much. We haven't heard from any of our course users in years that they have had any difficulties accessing the course contents. Our evaluations of the delivery aspects of the courses have always been very positive. The administrative functions of the LMS are very attractive to the organizations we are helping to produce courses.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2014
David B.
Instructor
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2015

"I use Digital Chalk for online training courses"

Comments: Digital Chalk has been walking me through the system for the past 4 years. They are always there to assist with questions I might have . The system is a turn key platform for my courses. I design my course upload and its done they do the rest charging the students, issuing refunds when needed and even assisting students that have issues I cannot solve. I simply do what I do best and create the courses. The team at Digital chalk is always very polite and very prompt which is important when dealing with those students that do not always understand online courses. I would recommend them to anyone looking to teach online.

Art P.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2010

"Remarkable Distance Learning Tool!"

Comments: For individuals or organizations interested in developing and delivering content on-line, DigitalChalk is an outstanding solution!

Pros: I invested a great deal of time in evaluating options for timely, cost-effective delivery of e-learning, and DigitalChalk is head and shoulders above anything in the market. The platform is powerful and easy to learn/use and the team members to a person offer remarkable support. I love the culture of this company and their commitment to helping the customer!

Cons: Haven't found any that aren't my fault!

• Reviewed on 02/08/2010
Avi S.
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2015

"DigitalChalk shines with their customer support"

Comments: Digitalchalk support team is truly stellar. They have always offered prompt and helpful responses to my numerous queries. And they speak like real humans. You do not feel like you are interacting with a disembodied company. There software works well for what it does, offering numerous options. Quite feature rich for the price you pay. Their per transaction fees are low, so you get to keep more of your sale price. We have some wishlist items about the Shopping Cart experience (login is required, so the first thing customer sees is a login screen instead of a shopping catalog). Some other features we wold love to see: play videos at faster speed (1.5x 2x Youtube and Udacity allow the same). But overall we are fairly happy with the software and the online experience. They show online video at 720p HD @2200 kbps which is awesome and our users love that. Works fine almost all the time. Extremely rare for a user to complain about slow playback or other issues. Most of those are resolved quickly by the amazing support staff.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2015
John C.
Senior Associate; MLTG VP OPNS
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2010

"New User"

Comments: Outstanding

Pros: I am new with Digital Chalk and am just now setting up our initial programs. I am pleased to offer comments primarily for the outstanding customer service I have received from the first day I inquired about Digital Chalk. I heartily recommend this company to others. Keywords? I'd say, courtesy, patience, customer service, helpfulness, willingness to take the time to work with you. John Cornelius
Cornelius & Associates
Columbia, SC

Cons: None noted

• Reviewed on 21/10/2010
Trish B.
Training Administrator

"It is super intuitive!"

Comments: I rarely have to read any tutorials or contact the support desk for help. I can figure out Digital Chalk with ease, which says a lot about the seamless user experience. Kudos to Digital Chalk!
When I do have to reach out for support, the reaction from Digital Chalk is immediate and their response time is fantastic. I called them one night at 5:15 pm and the problem was fixed at 5:30 pm with a call back from the staff to my phone to let me know the problem was solved. Superb!

Laura O.
Ops Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Very User-Friendly"

Pros: I found this software to be extremely user-friendly. It really walks you through step-by-step how to set everything up. I also love that you can set checkpoints throughout the vides to ensure users are paying attention the whole time.

Cons: The one major thing I disliked was the setup fee.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Darla W.
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2014

"Digital Chalk for my business online course"

Comments: Great features and easy to use. Very customer friendly. I would like to see an option to upload a powerpoint that already has audio to it. I would also like to see a "file cabinet" feature where I could drop forms for students to download. It would be nice if you had a way to help me get to various customers but I know that's asking too much :)

• Reviewed on 20/05/2014
Joe B.
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2010

"Geotol Pro"

Comments: Would recommend to others

Pros: Thanks for all your help in getting Geotol pro on line up and running. Using DC allows to to stream multimedia smoothly and quickly to our customers.
Good upload process

Cons: I have much to learn
need to integrate webarchive testing to grade book

• Reviewed on 27/07/2010