Really Simple Systems CRM Reviews

by Really Simple Systems

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About Really Simple Systems CRM

An easy to use CRM that helps you work smarter by managing and tracking your sales leads and customers.

Learn more about Really Simple Systems CRM

George A.
MA
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Its a Really Simple System, it really is!!"

Comments: Great!! I love it! does exactly what i need and I am only using the tip of the iceberg as far as its far reaching functionality. I couldnt manage my business without it.

Pros: I use this software everyday. I love the customisable customer data fields and search functions, which allow me to record customer information with an immediate snapshot of their current holdings, needs and contacts

Cons: I have no issues with RSS at all, I have only scratched the surface of what the product can do and need to invest some time into more of the automated services, like marketing and email campaigns etc. But with everything it is getting the time to delve into to these powerful tools!!

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Diana C.
Administrator / Logistics
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Use of CRM"

Comments: When I have needed help with something I have had a quick and useful response very quickly.
I find it easy to use for what I need.

Pros: The most important things to me are:- tracking of emails with each customer, tracking of quotation/sales confirmations with each customer. Checking where we are up to with opportunities.

Cons: I have not used this with any other system, but I cannot fathom out the report side of things, but neither have I asked for help using it so far either.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Jack E.
IT & Data Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"Exactly as the name suggsets"

Comments: RSS has given us the ability to view and track our customer pipeline at a very reasonable cost. Something we haven't been able to do with our previous CRM system.

Pros: RSS was extremely easy to deploy into the business, allowing us to view and track our customer pipeline.

Cons: Some aspects of the reporting can be quite limiting, such as not being able to include contact information on an Opportunity report

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Executive Vice President
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2017

"Excellent for small business"

Comments: The greatest benefit is sharing of customer/contact information internally across team members in an easy fashion at a reasonable price.

Pros: We selected this software for the ease of use. In addition, there was little required for our employees to access immediately. After using this for half a year, it continues to meet and exceed those expectations. Logging in is done through a browser and does not require additional software. Sharing contact information, outstanding tasks for clients, and client specific documents are all easy tasks that are quite intuitive. Also adding new users requires very little effort since there is no software required for to install on an employees computer.

Cons: There are several activities that are a bit clunky/annoying. When adding revenue, it is treated as an opportunity instead of simply entering the revenue for a client. Several apps within the program will also mark this revenue with the British pound instead of the U.S. dollar despite the fact that our settings are on USD. Additionally for reminders you have to use your google calendar instead of the system sending you reminders. When setting these reminders in Google calendar, it always incorrectly translates the date/time to GMT despite the fact that our calendars are on EST. So you have to be careful to reset the correct day/time when entering in to your Google Calendar. We would greatly prefer a reminder system within the program itself instead of the current clunky process.

by Really Simple Systems on 14/11/2017

Thank you for your feedback. I will report the errors you mention regarding currencies and time zones to our Development Team to take a look at. In the meantime, if you would like to contact our Support Team on [email protected] we can correct these settings for you. Regards.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2017
Andrea H.
Tech Support & Quality Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2018

"Great software"

Comments: We use primarily for the service & support to log customer instrument faults - RSS helps massively as anything related to the case or customer is in one place. Being able to attach correspondence is great.

Pros: Its very easy to use and being able to tweak fields and add extra boxes is very beneficial in a small business as our needs are constantly changing. Support is great - always reply or sort within 1-2 days.

Cons: It's a shame that the tasks aren't linked with outlook possibly to give you an active reminder instead of you looking at the task list. Also, items that have gone red in the opportunities list - if these could be visible on the front screen with the urgent tasks reminder, this would be good.
As we use the service & support mainly - its good but it could be really improved if it had a planning tool for jobs i.e. Engineer site visits linked with the cases and so you could capture response times, first time fix & feedback. We use another software called Workmobile that contains our onsite engineer service reports - if it could link with this and send reports directly into the cases, this would save us time with manual attachments. As we use the opportunities fields for assets, it would be good to separate these out so the opportunities can be used for our prospects. Have you ever thought about adding a quality management section?

• Reviewed on 07/12/2018
Mark D.
New Business Hunter
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2017

"Speed of deployment and the ease of modification and use make this a winner for SME's"

Comments: super fast deployment of sales and marketing function. Ease of use, ease of modification.

Pros: perfect for CRM basics of sales & marketing, deployment and customisation is so end user friendly, I have not found anything to come close. You don't need any skills, it's built in such an easy to use way. You can import and export your data without any issues. Most people tend to over-buy on the technology, fail to deploy the basics and end up with a useless CRM. Really Simple Systems does all the basics so very well and unlike other CRM's where you buy then need to purchase further apps and add-ons just to make it do what you wanted in the first place, this just does it. The support from the team is always very quick and they will jump on a call also if you need it. If you want a cost effective tool that really work great for sales and marketing where anyone can use it with little to no experience or expertise, this is your product for sure. Forget the bells and whistles CRM sales people try to lure you in with.. If you want core basics to deliver, it's these guys.

Cons: If you want more than sales and marketing, if you want all those apps and add on's then look elsewhere.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2017
Troy M.
CEO \ Owner & Founder
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2016

"Really Simple is really simple. Which is really ideal!"

Comments: As the owner, the manager, the sales rep, the customer service rep, in charge of returns, customer issues, I am the definition of jack of all trades. My business is just starting, but I realized it doesn't mean its not worthy of using quality software to help me save a few minutes here and a few minutes there. I was hesitant at first to go with any software because I kept saying to myself who needs management software when you are the only employee! But after getting some serial numbers mixed up with customers names one time... That was it! I needed help running my online business. I tried several different products. Started out using Team Viewer but then about fell out of my chair at the price. Used a Live Chat program for a while. But I cant always be at a desk waiting for that customer to hit the chat button. Then other CRM's were so bloated with stuff that just didn't make sense to my business. Then I spotted Really Simple Systems. The name is what got my foot in the door. I figured heck lets give it a try. So glad I did!

Pros: Has just enough information that its not redundant. I love the pay as you go approach. Instead of bogging us down with several hundred dollars worth of software we may never use, or even worse free versions that don't cover enough services to make you want to start using their products at all! I wanted a product that tells me what happened, when and how I did something, to whom and when, what the outcome was, and will then continue to bug me if I haven't done it yet.

Cons: Would like to see more third party integrations. Now days it seems like almost every app, software, smart phone, computer, tablet, printer, etc connect to each other somehow.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2016
Mary N.
Regional Sales Manager
Libraries, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2016

"I have used other CRM software and RSS is all you need, it is simple but useful and to the point."

Comments: Their Customer support is the best. I send an email and they respond quickly. I thought as a UK company, getting a response to a request would be the next day at best since I'm on the west coast. Some things are easy and I say Duh, but some are complex and you get the same excellent service. It is easy to do marketing campaigns, it is easy to change fields and add drop downs. You should think things out before moving forward but know that you can change a field. The flexibility is great. And there is also online help, videos, and webinars. It is simple to use and understand.

Pros: It really is simple. Reports are easy to run. I've used other CRM's and the reporting can be very confusing. It is not over done. It is a CRM, not trying to run your inventory or production from this software. You can pick it up on your smartphone and tablet, which is helpful for on the road sales folks. Quick support answers are always helpful.

Cons: The limit of the 20 fields.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2016
Philip B.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees

"Intuitive and reliable"

Comments: Overall excellent. There seems to be a lot of support and the system works very well.

Pros: I wouldn't be able to do my job without this. I don't need all the detail/options available but it suits me fine to use what I do need.

Cons: I have had occasional trouble with Tasks columns resetting so I can't see Account Name or Description. These can be reset but it's a con to have to do it. That said this problem has only occurred occasionally and has not been a day to day issue.

Murthy A.
Proprietor
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees

"Most reliable CRM"

Comments: Overall experience with Really Simple Systems has been Great!

Pros: We have been using this Software for nearly Six years now. What we like most about this software is, we never faced any major issue in using this software. We almost always got immediate response whenever there was any concern. And also, there was hardly any downtime.

Cons: The design and cover page could have been changed. Its the same design and same cover page for many years now.

Hannah L.
Sales Director
Maritime, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2019

"25.11.19 Review"

Comments: The developments that RSS is making will help with our use as a business. We are always finding new ways of using the system expand its use through other aspects of our business.

Pros: How customisable to our requirements the program is. It makes it easier to produce the data we require.

Cons: Some of the terms used to describe the different sections of data are confusing and require getting used to. The short amount of time before you are logged out again.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2019
Ian S.
MD
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"CRM for SMEs that can grow with you."

Comments: The first business I installed it in was moving from multiple Excel Worksheets and now everyone uses the same data linked to the Accounting system make life easier.

Pros: Compared with many CRMs it is easier to set up. I also think changes as you grow are easier. I am installing it for another company, after using it for 2 years.

Cons: The Marketing Suite is not Simple, it works and I know they are re-writing it.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Rachel K.
Senior Partnerships Manager
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"Using RSS to stay in touch with stakeholders"

Comments: RSS makes it easy for me to send professional-looking email bulletins to my stakeholders, and to see who is interacting with these emails.

Pros: I mostly use RSS to send email bulletins to stakeholders. The email design feature is comparatively intuitive to use and I can produce a professional-looking email without too much difficulty.
The tech support has been brilliant - they are very responsive to an email request for help and sort out my problems very quickly.
I like being able to see who has opened and otherwise interacted with my emails.

Cons: Having to hit "save" for an individual section and then "update". I find that I sometimes lose changes which have taken a lot of time to make because I didn't hit "update" often enough. An auto-save function would be helpful.
Emails sent from RSS seem to get stuck in companies' spam filters sometimes.
The process of setting up a campaign, stages, and adding contacts is not at all intuitive so I find that I always have to refer to my notes about how to do it, instead of being able to fly through it easily.

Jay R.
Director, Business Development
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2017

"Real Simple Systems"

Comments: We feel as though this product stood out from others evaluated with regards to its logical, intuitive and, yes, simple, structure and user interface. This version of CRM covers all of the essential tools (and not all options do): Contacts, Leads, Accounts, Opportunities Management, Tasks Tracking, Performance Reporting. Additionally, and critically important, is that it also has Marketing Campaign modules, which will allow us to leverage the leads and accounts database for e-mail and digital marketing campaigns for promotion of products, features, events, etc. In addition to the user interface being very logical and intuitive, it also permits a fairly wide latitude for customizing the data fields for contacts, accounts, opportunities and reporting – which will be critically important for performance metrics tracking and reporting (there is an extensive menu of default reports, plus we can design our own custom versions). We can easily set up data fields to capture attributes for segment distributors, direct sales customers and market and product segments, for example. The straightforward and simple user interface should help as we add peer and support staff who will also need to adopt the use of the system – hopefully, reducing confusion and errors. Their customer support has been fairly responsive so far, even when you are at the Free Level.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2017

"Really Simple Systems"

Comments: Managing tasks, keeping records of previous activities and running prospect reports is straightforward and effective

Pros: Just as the name of the software indicates I like this package as its easy to use and gives me all the information and reports I need to progress through the sales process

Cons: trying to integrate e-mail in to the package seems cumbersome

by Really Simple Systems on 15/04/2019

Thank you for reviewing Really Simple Systems! If you have any questions, or would like some support integrating your emails, let us know on [email protected]

Dominic W.
Marketing Manager
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

"RSS Review"

Comments: We are tracking opportunities and following engagement. Unfortunately, I am still having to use an excel spread sheet because I can't quite get the CRM to duplicate the spread sheet but this is a lack of skill using the system on my part and not a take on the RSS system.

Pros: Its very easy to use, quite intuitive in set up and implementation.

Cons: *After using other CRM software, the lack of ability to move opportunities between accounts when the main holder is no longer the main account. I don't think this is possible without some programming by RSS team. *Having the freedom to manipulate the set up like in Salesforce, where an internal programmer will set up exactly what I require. Do RSS's team do this?
*The display dashboard could be better, to have the ability to adjust the widgets to show what I want instead of a standardised return.

Simon B.
Head of Sales Operations
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Good CRM for small bsuiness"

Comments: We are using RSS in sales, marketing and support, and have been for many years, at the moment it meets our needs

Pros: Good for capturing sales pipeline information, and keeping track of tasks

Cons: Speed, RSS can sometimes be slow between tasks

Christopher T.
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"Straightforward, easy to use, good value for money"

Pros: Simple to use. excellent customer support and help pages. easy to configure. Wide range of functionality. Marketing module has generated significant business. Compared to "big" name CRMs, similar capability at a much better cost. Excellent

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
Steve W.
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Directors review"

Comments: Really Simple Systems has grown with our business in an extremely cost effective and easy to manage basis

Pros: Ease of use and ability to expand with the growth of the business

Cons: At times it can be a little 'lumpy' as we have stretched its usage

• Reviewed on 24/01/2017
Geraldine F.
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2015

"Excellent, greatvalue tool for managing sales and marketing activities"

Pros: Lives up to its name - simple to use, clear linkage between accounts/tasks/opportunities has all the functionality you need and allows you to create a wide variety of reports.

Cons: Lack of flexibility around dashboard and lack of integration with productivity tools such as Outlook. Very happy with other features/set-up.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2015
Tim M.
Food & Beverages
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2015

"Really simply organises me !"

Pros: Its mobile paperless and well thought out.It saves me carrying around paper and I am much more organised.

Cons: not applicable not applicable not applicable not applicable not applicable not applicable not applicable not applicable I like all the areas that I use so this area seems to be highly non applicable.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2015
Anna J.
Operations
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"Simple and easy to use"

Pros: It's very simple. The customers service team are always incredibly helpful and go above and beyond to help.

Cons: It can be a bit limiting at times. And the reports aren't as straight forward as other programmes I have used.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2018
Sophie C.
Research Manager
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"RSS Review Sophie Curtis Onswitch"

Pros: It is easy to use and employees from a variety of backgrounds can pick it up even if not massively tech savvy.

Cons: I like the system itself but the support side of things could do with a tweak or two.
There could be a portal (but I am not aware one exists) to raise, track and review a support ticket so that we can express the level of urgency.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2020
Philip K.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2015

"The really is a Simple System!"

Pros: Its very easy to use, flexible to personalise, perfect for small business!

Cons: Its restrictive to us because of the cost for extra data, and multi users, yes its really helpful but the cost structure, if you have multiple 1000's of customers and 6 user could be high. (we have 3 users, just over 1000 customer, with all the marketing and bespoke tools etc etc £121 ex vat Per month. (still worth it as its a great system, just wish I could add all my customers on to the CRM, all 6000 plus.)

• Reviewed on 19/11/2015
Andrew G.
Senior Business Development Manager
Facilities Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"The software works. It's quick and easy to use. Perfect for building pipeline."

Pros: Speed and ease of use. I've had only good experiences so far and the team at Really Simple Systems have been helpful and quick to respond. I would highly recommend them to any firm!

Cons: None, it really does improve on anything I've used previously. This includes the big software names in the market.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018