Filter by:

• Overall

About Firmwater LMS

Ideal for B2B and B2C training vendors. Multi-portal LMS makes it easy to service multiple clients. Sell e-learning using Shopify.

Learn more about Firmwater LMS

Lucy K.
Programme Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2021

"Intuitive and easy to use"

Comments: Excellent in particular the user support, trial period and on boarding, very responsive.

Pros: At first site the LMS seems plain in comparison to 'fancier' platforms. But its simplicity is one of the best features, once you see how well it works with importing great looking courses and excellent reporting functions. It is simple and does the job you want it to do.

Cons: Terminology is not the clearest - needed some explaining about exactly what was what.

by Firmwater on 26/02/2021

Hi Lucy,

Thank you so much for this kind review. We're happy to see that you have benefited from the simplicity and flexibility of the LMS as well as from the work of our support team.

We're working on some updates to our documentation to ensure all terms are as clear as possible.

We look forward to continuing our partnership.

All the best,
Liam and the Firmwater Team

• Reviewed on 18/02/2021
Mike S.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"Great E-Learning Platform if you have many clients."

Comments: Excellent people with a greate product. They respond quickly and solve problems fast.

Pros: The ability to create custom platforms for our clients and the excellent up time and easy of use.

Cons: Would love to see a bit more real time reporting.

by Firmwater on 29/03/2021

Hi Mike,

We really appreciate this glowing review and recommendation. We're happy to hear the LMS has been beneficial for your various clients and that you're satisfied with our customer support team. We're always looking to improve and adapt our reporting processes, so your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Liam and the Firmwater Team

• Reviewed on 25/03/2021
Peter M.
COO
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2021

"Firmwater Customer Since 2014"

Comments: We are very pleased with Firmwater.

Pros: Our company has been using Firmwater to manage our online training platform since 2014. The customer service has been exceptional in those years. We can always reach a real person who can provide a solution. The platform makes it easy to create and manage users, assign learning, and track progress. It is all around great platform.

Cons: We really do not have any complaints about the software.

by Firmwater on 15/03/2021

Hi Peter,

Thank you for this excellent review! We try our best to provide immediate, personalized support and we're happy to hear you have benefitted from this.

Thanks again,
Liam & Firmwater Team

• Reviewed on 05/03/2021
Chay B.
Senior Education Programmes Officer
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2021

"The supportive team make all the difference"

Comments: The level of customer service is absolutely fantastic. As a team that was new to developing e-learning content, that has been crucial to the success of our projects. Overall we're very happy that we chose Firmwater as our LMS and would definitely recommend it.

Pros: The integration with Shopify is fantastic and means that our users have a seamless purchasing experience. It's great that we're able to have different certificates for different modules, ensuring that our users in Wales are able to access bilingual certificates. The support team are always happy to help, and as a non-specialist team that has made a huge difference to us. Once you know what you're doing, it's quick and easy to build the courses on Firmwater.

Cons: We make regular use of the reporting features, but it would be great to see these further developed so that we're able to build our own custom reports. That being said, the support team are always happy to look into reports or features that aren't available. It would be great for our development team to be able to have more control over the general look of the platform (ie font type, colours, icons etc). However, when we requested changes to the appearance the Firmwater team were more than happy to help.

by Firmwater on 29/03/2021

Hi Chay,

Thank you for this great review! We've enjoyed helping Stonewall build this program from the ground up and we're happy to hear you have had success delivering your courses on Shopify.

Your comments regarding the customization of reports and LMS branding are duly noted. These are two areas we will be focusing on in the future, so it's very helpful to receive this feedback.

We look forward to our continuing partnership.

-Liam and the Firmwater Team

• Reviewed on 23/03/2021
Alan R.
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2014

"The Firmwater Learning Management System - Easy to use and Extremely Powerful"

Comments: I have been using the Firmwater LMS for over a year now and I have to say it is one of the best learning management systems I have used to date. It is easy to configure and they provide many options within the system both for small organizations as well as large organizations that have multiple locations and many users. The system is very fast and stable. I also use SCORM Cloud and the performance difference is not noticeable between the two platforms.

The best feature of the Firmwater LMS and my primary reason for using it is the ability to create branded instances of the LMS that are client-specific portals. The client portals are considered 'slave' instances to your 'master' LMS installation. The LMS allows you to grant access to content from a 'master' to a 'slave'. This means that I can have groups of users completely isolated from each other and only upload my content to the system once. When I make updates to my content, I only need to update it in a single place and then every one of my clients gets immediate access to the updated content without me having to update each client instance individually.

I also have to mention that their customer support is excellent. Any issues or questions I have about the system are responded to immediately and professionally. They have gone out of their way on countless occasions to help me provide solutions to my customers.

I have been trying to come up with something negative to say and (not) unfortunately I really can't say anything bad about my experience with the Firmwater LMS. Since I started using the system it has excelled at doing everything that I wanted it to.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2014
Bruce D.
Principal & Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2013

"Trustworthy Partner"

Comments: We've used Firmwater for our LMS since 2010--they've been an excellent partner in our efforts to grow our online training company. Here are my pros and cons:
Pros
Bullet-proof platform--we've never had a single issue of customers not being able to access content
SCORM compliant--which is critical as we market our training solution
Competitive pricing--Firmwater has proven a great value
Attentive account manager--we've had wonderful service from our account team
Cons
No ad hoc curriculum development--Firmwater's LMS solution does not allow the client to build, tweak, or rearrange the learning modules in a self-service environment. It requires the help of a Firmwater account manager

by Firmwater on 04/09/2013

Regarding adhoc curriculum development, we recognize that this is an area of the product that we need to improve.

Today, you can rearrange items in existing activities and add static content (ie. PDF) to an existing activity through the user interface. However, the user interface does not permit you to add SCO's to an existing activity at present.

We do have the ability to craft multi-SCO activities using extensions to the SCORM imsmanifest.xml file. This functionality requires an understanding of SCORM's XML which is fine for the more technical user who makes regular use of that functionality. For users who are not as technically oriented or have an infrequent need, we provide them with this capability via our support team.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2013
Garry A.
Garry A.
Information Technology & Services
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2015

"Firmwater LMS and CANSI"

Comments: I'm the Treasurer and Past President of the Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (CANSI) and also manage their National Office and computer systems on a volunteer basis. I managed CANSI's implementation of LMS a few years ago and continue to liaise with Firmwater for support and enhancements. Firmwater also developed our website (www.cansi.ca/en/).
Firmwater accurately understand our needs / requirements, customized LMS to track members, certifications and courses and exceeded our expectations.
Their support is prompt and meets our needs.
When we need enhancements, they meet our needs again.

Pros: Strong product and support. Great people to work with.

Cons: None! Firmwater continues to exceed our expectations.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2015
Susie C.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"Outstanding customer support - Kinda goes above and beyond"

Pros: Firmwater is intuitive and easy to manage. What I've been most impressed with is their customer support. Over the past few weeks, I've reached out to our support personal several times. Not only has she helped me work through things with above and beyond Firmwater - helping me troubleshoot files and find answers.

Cons: I don't have a ton of experience working with the software yet. Everything I have worked wiht has been very easy to understand.

by Firmwater on 29/03/2018

Hi Susie,
thank you for this fantastic review. We do pride ourselves on our Customer Support and are very glad to have Kinda Nehlawi as part of our Customer Success Team. We are looking forward to working with you as you get to know the LMS.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Ed E.
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2014

"Firmwater Delivers"

Comments: We are using Firmwater to deliver a SCORM-compliant online eLearning course that integrates video, audio, graphic animations, and testing to individuals and firms internationally through Firmwater's ecommerce portal with Shopify. In other words, there are lots of moving parts in a diverse environment. Firmwater's pros are their robust capabilities, including ecommerce front-end as well as dedicated client portals, extensive reporting, administrator process, and polished product. The cons include limited documentation and some elements that cannot be managed by the administrator. That said, Firmwater's most significant pro is the highly personalized and accessible customer service that promptly and diligently addresses questions and special needs. No product or service is without some cons; superior products are the ones that effectively address them. For that and overall, Firmwater gets a high water mark!

• Reviewed on 29/08/2014
Patricia M.
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2016

"Excellent customer service"

Comments: We sell e-learning courses to the healthcare sector and were looking for an LMS with a clean and simple user interface and smooth integration to e-commerce. We have been using Firmwater for two years now with good results. The user experience for learners is excellent. On the course setup side there were some features we couldn't find but Firmwater has been able to provide custom service for our site to suit our clients' needs. The customer service is excellent which makes all the difference.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2016
Steven R.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2015

"Simple and powerful with great support"

Comments: We have not yet launched our training programs due to our own internal development but the process of evaluating and setting up the Firmwater LMS was great. We were new to purchasing an LMS system so we needed extra information and attention. The people there were very helpful and went the extra mile to answer questions and integrate our platform into the LMS. They were very dependable, did what they said they would do and stayed on deadline. I look forward to working with them for a long time.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2015
Chuck P.
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2014

"Firmwater is a solid LMS"

Comments: Firmwater is a great LMS. It has a straightforward interface, and a beginning user could be up and running in short order. I have reviewed every LMS on this list, and though Firmwater lacked some features that very few LMS's actually have (I work in a very regulated environment and have incredibly specific requirements) I found it to be functional and powerful for the pricepoint.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2014
Joseph J.
SVP, CTO
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2014

"Firmwater won us over!"

Comments: After a year of using the system we're confident the right choice was made. Their team supported us in every step of the migration from our previous LMS and added significant value to that effort, rather than just 'playing vendor'. The implementation team far exceeded our expectations and support has not missed a beat since we went live. We are a very satisfied customer!

• Reviewed on 27/03/2014
Andreas F.
Andreas F.
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2016

"A great software with awesome support included. Customer service as it should be."

Comments: We are offering education for pre-hospital healthcare professionals and choose Firmwater as our partner. Instead of developing our own software, we decided to cooperate with them. It was one of the best & most important choices so far. Despite the good and reliable software, Firmwater does offer an outstanding customer service. We had many requests and demands and yet, all of them have been fulfilled to our statisfaction. We are happy to know that they support our business.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2016
Alice H.
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2014

"Fantastic team and service"

Comments: We have been using Firmwater LMS for just under a year. The Firmwater team is excellent to work with and really tries to come up with creative solutions to business problems. The Firmwater LMS is reliable and scalable. Its learner interface is simple to use on all modern browsers, and now many features work on mobile/tablet. The reporting and admin features are a bit old school, and I look forward to a refresh of these features over the next year. I would definitely recommend Firmwater.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2014
Anwyn M.
Creative and Production Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Great product, stellar customer support"

Pros: The Firmwater LMS product is incredibly intuitive and user friendly. We are able to easily keep track of our clients and specific users, and there was hardly a learning curve. We did multiple conference calls with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our Firmwater representative, who gave priceless instruction and suggestions again and again to get us set up. And that's what really impresses me; the customer support.
The longest it has ever taken to receive a response from their support team is still less than one business day. They are quick to respond, knowledgeable about their product and the authoring tools (I primarily use Articulate Storyline).
It would have been infinitely more difficult to set up our site without their instruction, advice, and hard work. Their help has been invaluable

Cons: I don't have any outright complaints. If a user is experiencing issues with the trainings we put out it's sometimes because they're using outdated software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been able to tell me if the user is on a mobile device and what browser and version they're running. It would be helpful if we could have that information.

Alternatives Considered: Hub360 and SAP Litmos

Reasons for Switching to Firmwater LMS: Firmwater has many more options for us to use to keep our learners on track and provided pre and post tests.

by Firmwater on 06/12/2019

Anwyn,

Thanks for your kind words! We are happy to hear that we were able to help you get off to a good start with Firmwater LMS.

Regarding the info on user devices - this is a report that you have access to in the system. I'll give you a call to show you how you can access it! You can also find instructions in our help center (under General Admin Guide > Reports > Logins).

Best,

Josie & the Firmwater Team

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Scott R.
CEO, Managing Partner
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2021

"A solid and flexible LMS"

Comments: We switched from another solution and Firmwater has greater flexibility. Our support has been very responsive and able to get us running quickly. Recommended.

Pros: Firmwater is one of very few LMSs made specifically for training providers. If you want the ability to host an LMS on behalf of other clients, this is the ideal solution.

Cons: Like any LMS, there's a bit of a learning curve, but it's not bad, and the support is very good.

by Firmwater on 04/06/2021

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the excellent review! We're happy to see you're satisfied with your client sites and the support you've received so far. We look forward to our continued partnership.

-Liam and the Firmwater Team

• Reviewed on 17/05/2021
Patty C.
Customer support/CPA
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"It took a little while to learn it but now it's very easy to navigate it."

Comments: The most important benefit, besides very few if any user technical issues, is not having to personally deactivate accounts because the system does it automatically.

Pros: It has a lot of great features: Allowing a payee to send an invitation to someone else, easy access to the certificates after account is inactive, ability to send e-mails to participants reminding them of their time limit, automatically deactivating participants after a period of time, easy access to management to change participant's information (e-mail address), being able to resend invitations to start the class, easy access to view participant's information by management, and many other features that I can't think of.

Cons: There are only a few drawbacks or cons that we found: Some reports cannot be printed out using PDF.

by Firmwater on 23/11/2017

Hi Patty, thank you for a great, comprehensive review! We are very glad that our LMS features meet your needs and most importantly, that you find our LMS easy to navigate.

All of our reports, with the exception of 'Attempt Data Export', are available for PDF export. We encourage you to get in touch with our support team for more information about exporting reports.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Dax L.
Marketing Administrator
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2010

"A Very Capable, Cost Effective LMS Solution for Our Company"

Comments: Overall, I would strongly recommend Firmwater to any small - medium sized business looking for a simple and effective LMS. This LMS is fantastic for training companies such as our own that resell training programs to other businesses. Firmwater provides a great service to our company.

Pros: Firmwater's LMS is very easy to setup and use. It is easy for us, as a training company, to add new clients, get them setup with an administrative account, show them the basics, and then let them do what they need to do. I like the customization options that we can provide to each new client (custom domain, company logo, etc.) with just a few clicks of the mouse. Firmwater is able to effectively run and track the content that we upload (typically Articulate created elearning programs) with excellent accuracy and immediate response time. The multitude of reports on each user and piece of content is a great feature for us. The cost of Firmwater's LMS is what really set them apart from other LMS providers that we researched. Their pricing structure allows us to maintain low overhead costs and remain ultra-competitive with our own pricing structures.

Cons: One feature that I wish was available within Firmwater was the ability to email users or send users reminders that their training needs to be completed by this date. As it stands currently, we have to generate reports and then export those reports to get a list of email addresses that have not completed a program. I know that new features are constantly in development and the Firmwater team works hard to put out their best product possible, and I hope that this feature gets implemented somewhere down the road.

by Firmwater on 25/07/2011

Dax: Thanks for your review.

Our #1 customer enhancement request is for automated email notifications. The initial functionality is now available and added functionality will be available later in the year.

Russell W.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"A top-notch training platform for training companies!"

Comments: Firmwater LMS allows us to offer our clients the unique ability have their very own, branded training portal. The ability to completely control the management of users, training content, reporting, training records, etc. are all very valuable features which has allowed us to win more contracts. Also, when things do go wrong, Firmwater LMS absolutely delivers on customer support.

Pros: The white-labeled training portal is a market differentiator for selling to our B2B clients.

Cons: Some of the standard features, such as free trial access and monthly subscriptions, are not available with Firmwater LMS. The feature of customizing training certificates is limited which can cause issues with regulatory requirements. Navigating and using the platform is not always user friendly and user mistakes can cause costly errors if you aren't careful. I don't care for having to rely on Firmwater staff to help me implement changes in my portal.

by Firmwater on 17/12/2018

Russ,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really strive for Firmwater LMS to help training businesses like yours to differentiate themselves in the industry.

Josie
Customer Success Specialist

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Mieng L.
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2017

"Great cloud LMS platform"

Comments: We've used Firmwater LMS to deliver our security awareness training to customers that do not have their own LMS. The LMS enables us to whitelabel and brand the LMS for our needs and for our customers. Support has been exceptional responding to questions related to the platform quickly and thoroughly. I would love to see a refresh on the UI and reporting.

by Firmwater on 19/05/2017

Thanks for your review! We¿re happy to provide you with what you and your customers need and are glad to hear you¿re satisfied with support. Our team is currently working on some new improvements to both UI and reporting.

We always love to hear from our customers what their needs are and what they were looking to change. We will reach out to you soon to address what updates you were looking for in terms of UI and reporting.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2017
Andrew K.
Andrew K.
EVP, Product Development
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2010

"A Superior LMS for content publishers"

Comments: I highly recommend the Firmwater development team and the Firmwater LMS to any content developer/training provider that needs a solution to deliver online training content. The LMS was designed with content vendors in mind. With the Firmwater LMS you can concentrate on your training content and let Firmwater handle the rest.

Pros: TPC maintains the largest industrial skills training library with over 640 hours on online content and many more hours of offline training material. We currently have over 200 online clients and are adding 3 to 5 new clients per month to our TPC Online (Firmwater LMS). The Firmwater LMS makes administering so many clients and managing content between them easy. The LMS was designed from the ground up to support content publishers and handles complex tasks with ease. From our clients perspective, the Firmwater LMS hides all complexity behind a straightforward interface making it simple to register users, create training assignments, manage users, and run reports.

Cons: It's difficult to think of any Cons regarding the Firmwater LMS.

Colin P.
Colin P.
Chief Sales Officer
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2015

"Can't Say Enough Good Things"

Comments: Software has worked great since day one. When something is not right (every time it has been me not following the right process) support walks me through how to do it correctly. Great value for the money.

Pros: Customer support is excellent.
Great and easy interface

Cons: None to date. Every thing we asked for and more.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2015
Cole C.
Vector-borne Disease Prevention Project Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2015

"Firm Water LMS"

Comments: This was my first experience using an online LMS. The customer support was excellent and the staff went the extra mile to explain the system to a novice such as myself. Our client was happy with the product. All in all, a success story.

Pros: Customer Support, ease of use.

Cons: The online help section was not as specific to user level as it could have been, but the customer support made up for this con.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2015
David F.
Founder and CEO
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2016

"Firmwater Is Absolutely Dependable"

Comments: I sell a digital product for real estate agents. My course is approved by the Florida Real Estate Commission for three hours of continuing education. I need a company I that will be totally honest with me, that I can absolutely depend on to serve my customer's needs. I know first hand, because they have served mine at that level.

Pros: Priced right. Exceed expectations every single time. Absolutely dependable.

Cons: None and don't expect any.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2016