15 years helping British businesses

BeyondTrust Remote Support Reviews

4.6 (2,030) Write a Review!

About BeyondTrust Remote Support

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) securely accesses and supports any device or system, anywhere in the world.

Learn more about BeyondTrust Remote Support

Pros:

I like that we can integrate with out O365 SSO instead of having to have a separate login for the software.

Cons:

It can be difficult to initiate and once initiated it can be difficult to get it to stay connected to my customers screen.

BeyondTrust Remote Support ratings

4.4

8.5/10

BeyondTrust Remote Support has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 2,030 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BeyondTrust Remote Support before?

Filter reviews (2,030)

Temitope
Temitope
System Administrator in Nigeria
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use remote support solution

Comments: The product helped us during the Covid pandemic when all users were working from home, it has been a lifesaver for us. I recommend this product to any organization looking for a perfect remote support tool.
It has helped increase our business process and compliance level. We have also been able to meet up with the agreed internal SLA.

Pros:

Its ability to do admin tasks on the end user's system without giving the user an admin password. Screen sharing does not require any software installation. It has different ways to access a user system, you can simply send the user a link or inform the user to find you on the public URL. The solution is very easy to set up compared to some other products. Third-party integration with solutions like SysAid was also seamless. With little or no training, the solution is good to go for anyone.

Cons:

For me, the solution is perfect, except for the UI interface which needs to be improved to make it look more fanciful.

Jessica
Jessica
Customer Service Representative in US
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Amazing features

Comments: I have got to say this is my favorite as far as remote support goes. It is super user friendly and easy to adapt to it. It has amazing features that allows a one stop shop which is amazing!

Pros:

Amazing features, two factor authentication, remote desk top support is great. Super easy to use and maintain

Cons:

There are to many products like this one and the price is a little higher then I'd like it to be but that would be my only issue.

Jonathan
Network Administrator in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

BeyondTrust - The last remote support tool you will buy.

5.0 last month New

Comments: We started out with just a few licenses and during COVID added more since more users were at home but afterwards we realized how great it was and kept our licenses because we use it so much more.

Pros:

We have loved everything about this tool. The fact that we can easily remote into any machine, whether on campus or off and if they are connected to the domain we can do a jump straight to that device without having the user do anything.

Cons:

I don't know that I have found anything I don't like about BeyondTrust Remote Support. If I had to say anything it might be that it's complicated to add SSO users as admins.

Diana
Coaching Program Manager in Philippines
Financial Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Bomgar review

Comments: It was okay but not great. Manageable I would say. None the less it's still better than webex remote..

Pros:

It's faster than webex remote. It's quicker to generate a link for clients so we can remote in. It's modern and better aesthetically.

Cons:

Takes too long to set up. There were like different layers of authentication and token and codes to start it up and set it up. Too time consuming

Ivan
Ivan
Technical Services in Argentina
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Support software done right

Comments: Very intuitive, I like it very much. When you come across a product like this, you get to understand the experience that was put into the development of this product. No support software comes close.

Pros:

It is really customizable and was thought carefully for enterprise environment. It is also suited for heavy support workloads where many agents have to fire up the console and help many customers at once. The new user interface is very nice too. Privilege escalation is a really useful feature and canned scripts really help at providing agile support.

Cons:

It doesn't come with audio features. You can only use chat or you have to call your customer separately. The lack of audio it's its Achilles' Heel. It's also pricey, but the price is worth it, nonetheless the price can put off some companies.

Systems Engineer in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great help for all remote support!

Comments: With COVID, remote support is everything and bomgar has amazing remote support, really top notch.

Pros:

I love the remote support. I can hit any machine, whether I am on my mobile device or on my laptop of desktop. I also love that I can create a remote session key, email it to a user and I can instantly have access to their machine, so powerful.

Cons:

Honestly there is very little that I don't like about this software. If I had to say anything it would be that sometimes creating the remote session key can get a bit buggy, but that is rare.

Kendall
Kendall
Senior IT Engineer in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Remote Support with ease

Comments: By having unrestricted remote access to all of the systems on our Network it has given us the ability greatly increase our productivity and almost eliminated travel to remove locations.

Pros:

The ability to allow any system user to give me remote access thru our remote support web site without the user having to have any client pre loaded.

Cons:

I don't have any cons with the software.

Research, 2–10 Employees

Remote support is one of the best remote desktop app

Comments: remote support solves issues and saves time for those who don't know how to solve a specific issue on their computer that leads u to connect with their computer and help them with a lot if issues they suffer from

Pros:

what i like most about remote support that It helps me to connect to my colleague's computers and solve for them many issues that they are faces in a few seconds it's one of the best remote software

Cons:

what i like least about remote support that it lags little when i get connecting to my colleagues's computer but not for long it's just for a few seconds then it returns nice and easy

Nathan
Engineer in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Seems a little sketchy at first, but works well

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It's been good! It works well and seems to have good performance.

Pros:

Allows for anyone in our IT security services to access and help our vast network of engineers. This allows our IT department to be decentralized, and our engineers to be decentralized as well.

Cons:

Communicating while remote access is difficult. We end up using a separate chat system to communicate while troubleshooting.

Anna
phleb in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

great buck

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: whenever needed customer service helps and I don't have to wait for support on any situation.

Pros:

easy to used with out a doubt very explanatory

Cons:

There is not one as of yet, I am in the process of experimenting with this one and probably others

Beecher
Owner in US
Information Services, Self Employed

Bomgar/BeyondTrust Remote Support is perfect for mid to large companies

Comments: Having moved from a less-featured remote support software, Bomgar was a huge step forward. The old system required administrative rights on the endpoint for EVERY user that connected and there were no permissions to assign. Although it can be pricey, once it's up and running, Bomgar is the solution I'd recommend for remote support.

Pros:

It's fast remote support software that just works. It has plenty of features to make remote support of end users a breeze. Permissions are granular and you can limit access by need.

Cons:

The initial configuration can be a bit daunting. Some words/descriptions may not be simplest to understand in the admin sections. It's the only downside to having a product that has so many features available.

Dharmendra
system administrator in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Good Tool for remote support

Comments: overall nice and fast as i'm using high specs machine.

Pros:

one of the most trusted tool for enterprise, very nice interface easy to use and operate. you can use multiple session at the same time without any issue

Cons:

graphics requirement is more, should be light weight for low specs machine, doesn't work well if you have less than 4 GB of RAM

Matthew
Network Coordinator in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Powerful and Easy to Use Remote Support Software

Comments: By far the best remote support software for help desk administrators. Easy for both the end users and technicians to use.

Pros:

Love how easy it is to share a link with users to remote into their computers. Also like that it hooks in with VNC and other help desk support programs.

Cons:

Sometimes hard to get access to admin level privilege's or access the local admin account on a users computer.

RSC Engineer 1 in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Bomgar Review

Comments: Overall this is way better than Teamviewer and most remote tools. I would recommend this tool to anyone using remote support. Way more functions and very easy to use overall.

Pros:

Personally I like a lot of things about this software. Going to outline/describe them below: 1. Simple way for users to join sessions: All you have to do is direct them to the website you've created to have them join and give them a code. Most of the time I email them a code with the email button and it does all the work for me in the way of instructions. 2. Chat features within the session are useful: This is a must to have. Its simple to for everyone to use and I've never had any issues chatting with a customer within the session. You can even chat with just your coworker while in a session without the customer seeing the information. Also, adding notes within the session. 3. Color/Background/Quality Control: You can disable their background or disable most colors to allow higher bandwidth on your sessions. This is very useful whenever someone has a slower speed and cannot handle all of that during the session. 4. Adding scripts during sessions: You can add personal scripts in the session to allow you to do certain things like access Control Panel as administrator or recreate a Windows profile. Super useful. 5. Pinning sessions: You can pin someone's computer to jump back on later. Very useful when its a shared computer and you don't have him to walk someone through joining the session again

Cons:

I don't like how sometimes this software will glitch when escalating the administrator access and then the loading window won't go away. Now you have this stuck window in your way, can't elevate your access and now you can't close the session either. Ontop of that you can't quit Bomgar until all sessions are gone. Since you cannot close this session you cannot close Bomgar without force closing through Task Manager.

prasun
Manager in India
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Remote Help: Advantageous and Effective, with Possible Protection and Availability Concerns

Pros:

I don't have individual inclinations or feelings and don't can utilize remote help. Be that as it may, remote help administrations can offer a few benefits for clients, including the capacity to rapidly and effectively investigate specialized issues without expecting to carry their gadget or gear to an actual area. Remote help can likewise set aside time and cash, as clients can frequently get support all the more rapidly and without the requirement for an expert to make a trip to their area. Also, remote help administrations can frequently be gotten to from anyplace with a web association, giving more prominent adaptability and comfort to clients.

Cons:

I don't have individual inclinations or feelings, and I don't utilize remote help. Nonetheless, a few clients have detailed worries with remote help, for example, protection and security issues, as remote help specialists might approach delicate data on the client's gadget. Moreover, clients with slow or temperamental web associations might encounter troubles utilizing remote help administrations, as the association may not be sufficiently able to help a steady association. At long last, a few clients might like face to face help to more readily comprehend the idea of the issue and see the arrangement firsthand, which isn't generally imaginable with remote help.

Informatics Technical Service Specialist in Spain
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Agile and complete remote access tool

Comments: Highly recommendable tool if your organization needs a remote access or remote support tool.Totally worth it :)

Pros:

Bomgar remote support is an essential tool for big organizations that need to provide remote support or o access to remote servers.I like that my division and team can save and classify all the servers so that you can search them and access remotely so quickly. Additionally, having file transfer and session invitations integrated makes the thing so comfortable

Cons:

A couple of times my account has been blocked, probably by several wrong password attempts, and Bomgar remsupport web portal didn’t have the password recovery/reset option by myself and I needed to contact support and wait for their assistance.

Vince
Director ITS in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Bomgar and customer satisfaction

Comments: We are able to support our users across 30+ counties in real-time.

Pros:

The ability to create queues and have our support staff be notified of the request.

Cons:

Love the software bit it s a little expensive.

TD
Helpdesk Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great product, a bit on the pricey side

Comments: I provide remote helpdesk support for a wide-range of users from different industries who are seeking immediate assistance and resolution, typically before an onsite visit would be employed. Bomgar, once it is up and running, is a really good remote support tool and I don't mind using it- would like it if the price were not so high, but hey, its the cost of doing business these days! Still a really good product, however.

Pros:

Setting customer's up is pretty easy. I find that when I use Bomgar over other remote support services like TeamViewer or Logmein for example, I think Bomgar's interface for connecting with a customer is smooth and pretty efficient.

Cons:

The way Bomgar implements the elevated privilege feature. If a customer has already agreed to have a remote session with me as an IT Pro, then that function should be a clickable feature BEFORE the session begins and on the client's side. Sometimes after getting connected with the customer, the elevated privileges can become cumbersome and sometimes time-intensive, either because the customer does not know their username and password or attempting to get the privileges as the IT Pro, does not work, because at times Bombgar does not recognize my (correct) admin credentials.

Sergey
Sergey
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance in US
Hospitality, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Providing remote support to every user - priceless!

Comments: All-inclusive remote support solution at your fingertips. Nothing like helping remotely an executive, who is traveling and urgently needs IT assistance.

Pros:

Powerful solution for every IT Administrator. Not only you can remotely assist virtually every user on your network, you can also invite external representatives, should there be a need. Another feature that I like specifically is being able to present, where a remote user can see your screen. This can be used for training purposes. Recording can always be benefitial. Seamless AD integration and policy assignment helps with user administration. Pretty much set it and forget it service. While there are many competitors out there, I would always go with Bomgar.

Cons:

Cost! This product is expensive. I mean, it's worth every penny for what it does, but getting such solution for your company may be a challenge. Another problem that I noticed is the Bomgar console for Mac users. While a Mac user can connect to the workstations and servers, that already have the jum client installed, an ability to "jump" to any workstation is not there. For such instances, I have to use my Bomgar cosole on the PC.

Jason
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

This is amazing remote support

Comments: This is almost like the internet for us. When it goes out we are not having a good day. The good and bad to that is that if the internet goes out we are out of this, but other than that we have only had one time where it went out and that was because our device needed to be replaced. Another selling point to it was that we were able to get a backup uploaded to their support and they setup a cloud appliance so we could get right back up and working.

Pros:

I love everything about this product. This is super easy to use, it has tons of great features, its rock solid and they have great support. The remote feature itself is great but that is a small part compared to what all else this can do. You can do just about anything you want or need to computers as you connect. If you are working on specific things and have scripts or software to run, this make it very easy to run those from the console. We have tons of scripts setup to run in the background to fix any number of issues.

Cons:

Honestly the only thing to dislike is the price. This is definitely at the top end of remote support products, but i think it justified by what all you can do with this.

Luis
IT Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 501–1,000 Employees

Life Saver - Supporting Remote Staff

Comments: Our end users are happy that we can provide support without being too complicated. Tell them to go the portal, select our name and off we go.

Pros:

The ease of use and the scalability of using scripting while troubleshooting with our end users is now easier.

Cons:

The UI layout could benefit from a refresh to make things easier on the eyes. For advanced users its great, but for our service desk depart could benefit from a streamline UI.

Biotechnology, 10,000+ Employees

You can forget about regular RDP with this revolutionary product

Comments: Our organization is spread across the globe and have been acquiring more companies. Bomgar has helped us to continue site services task during the time of mergers and acquisitions and in case the network tunnel is down

Pros:

Where to start from, first and foremost you dont have to be on network to have an RDP session with a user. During my 3 years of experience as a security analyst, I have had trouble multiple times for not being able to reach user or have a session when the user is off network. I used to work with skype in these cases, but from last 1 year, skype is going really fast towards its end. Plus, if you are an admin, you can straight away hop onto a machine with bomgar client installed without user's approval. If the user does not have a client installed, a bomgar session can also take place via browser.

Cons:

It is a client based system. I have had trouble setting up bomgar sessions via browser. Apart from that, I have had absolutely no trouble using bomgar

Andrew
Suppoer Center Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Bomgar is Great!

Comments: We used this as a back up method for contenting to users and it has always been reliable.

Pros:

I have been a Bomgar user for a number of years and it's great. A few if the key features I love are... - Invite users to start a session via sharing you session key with them or sending an email link, this makes it quick and easy to get connected. - Auto reconnect after rebooting or loosing network connection. This is a huge convince! and time saver since you don't have to call the user to get reconnected while working on the issue. - You can easily transfer and share you session with team mates. - Built in chat feature. - Easily View system information and transfer files.

Cons:

There are some issues with running it on Google Chome or on a Mac. Its not 100% seamless to users you are connecting to, you have to click though a few things but its still pretty easy.

Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Remote Assistance Made Easy

Comments: We have been using Bomgar for about 5 years now and it has proven useful especially for real time chat remote assistance for our colleagues in the organization as well as our external clients. This software allowed us to track all forms of conversations, what our employees are doing during remote connection and helps us identify process improvements.

Pros:

I primarily use Bomgar to remote assistance with my peers, direct reports and clients. Aside from remote assistance I also use Bomgar to refer to review requests of potential escalations, running chat report conversations and ticket management. Being in the QA team part of my job is to ensure service excellence is provided while maintaining customer confidentiality and Bomgar provides thus layer of assurance for us and our clients.

Cons:

Sometime Bomgar takes time to load or having sync issues. Customer already entered the session key but still we cannot see the customer connected from our end. May be due to current work from home set up caused by the pandemic, internet connectivity plays a role in this minor challenge. Although for our organization, we can only store Bomgar sessions for up to 30 days but I guess that is due to some contractual agreements which are out of our control.

Brian
IT in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

It's solidly ok

Comments: Hey, it's a remote support tool and it works. So other than the clunky and ugly interface, it's solidly ok.

Pros:

Bomgar does what you'd expect - it provides remote access to systems. There's some granular access you can set up to put systems into groups and assign access permissions, so if that's needed then you have pretty good control over it. There's 2 factor authentication and what appears to be decent security as well.

Cons:

The interface is a bit clunky compared to some of the competitors. It doesn't show me everything I'd like to see about systems. For instance, it shows me hostnames, but in order to see who's currently logged in I have to click on a little triangle to expand the host. One of my clients uses a bonehead naming scheme, so I'm constantly digging through hosts to see who's using which machine. Some of the competitors to Bomgar show this information right on their management screen and a simple CTRL-F in the browser window will find the info you need.