Paylocity - Web Pay

Reviewed on 12/12/2014
Cherina A.
Marketing & Advertising
Overall
3.5 / 5
2.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons: One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Does what I need it to but there are better options available.

Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Adam D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It processes payroll down to the local level accurately and on time. The system can also track employee performance which we use for routine employee reviews. It is nice having an all in one solution for my HR needs.

Pros: The customer service is fantastic and really easy to work with. I like the company. As to the software, it does what I need it to. They process the payroll on time and without errors. Getting it setup can be time consuming but once it is setup, fairly easy to use. I am also an internet based business with employees in several different states. They are able to process payroll for all of the tax jurisdictions down to the local level. The software saves me countless hours every month/year.

Cons: The software doesn't 'just work' for a couple of reasons. The first, you can screw the system up and there are plenty of ways to do so. You have to know how it works, so the system isn't dummy proof. Second, there are a few items where you have to game the system to get it to work. As in, if you don't put a check mark here it won't do what you want but it isn't intuitive enough to know you need that check mark. It isn't the best for small business. And I do get the feeling the system is built for larger enterprises. There are a few minor features missing that I have used in other systems that help run a small team. Like being able to sync my outlook calendar to PTO requests or birthdays. You can export those dates, but it won't automatically show up in your calendar like other systems do. While there is a portal for employees, my employees have a hard time understanding how to use it. It isn't super complicated but also not super intuitive. I don't have a problem as the administrator of the system because I am in there all of the time. But for employees that might log in once every couple of months, it can be kinda annoying for them.

Paylocity has a great online portal, but their is a learning curve

Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Chandler I.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I enjoy Paylocity, but their have been multiple instances that I've submitted something to my support team to take care of and it never got done, so I had to do it all manually myself. This included Schedule implementation of PTO/Sick Accrual balances, ACA reporting fixes, etc.

Pros: I like that Paylocity has moved us from manual time cards to an all electronic punching from a kiosk that spreads the company responsibility to managers and employees instead of relying on one person to manually calculate and monitor everything such as PTO/Sick/missed Punches/ absences/ OT rounding/ACA requirements etc. The program gives you a lot of good reporting features and processing payroll is relatively intuitive. Have very kind support staff to call and the wait time to speak with someone is very quick, unlike some other companies that I have worked with that took 45 minutes to speak with someone regarding our payroll which is time sensitive. They also do not rely on D&B ratings for Net Pay Liability Cap before requiring reverse-wires.

Cons: Their portal has a lot of functionality, but most of the time I am having to call the support team to check on why something didn't work/get implemented and they have to guide me through a process that was never brought up during original implementation. Some times when I request new schedules or fixes we get incorrectly billed and the fix never gets completed and no follow-up after they inform that they will look in to it further.

Paylocity Review

Reviewed on 11/10/2016
Cil A.
Human Resources Manager
51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used Paylocity everyday, multiple times a day! The "all in one" concept is something that many (mid-sized) employers will be drawn to with Paylocity. They provide strong in payroll and automated benefits administration functions, we also use Paylocity for all of our HR needs (HRIS, self service portal, time cards, etc.). I am very new to the product and transitioned with little/no training. The online training options work well, but the major plus is Paylocity's customer service.

Pros: The "all in one" product allows for one-stop-shopping for any HR administrator who is in charge of data management (HRIS), payroll, and/or benefits. Many of the functions are very easy to use. Their customer service is really phenomenal. They are extremely knowledgeable, courteous and VERY patient. This is true on both the HRIS side and benefits side. We also just "installed" their new Onboarding tool (including E-verify) and it works seamlessly.

Cons: Our company has an international reach with 2 offices outside of the US. Paylocity doesn't extend past the US for HRIS and/or payroll. Although those offices are small, we continue to find "work arounds" for the this limitation. Also, we have a fairly unique time keeping system and on several occasions we have "stumped" Paylocity with questions regarding our time cards/schedules, specifically not auto generating new schedules after payroll is run.

Good System If Your Staff Is Tech-Savvy

Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Glenn M.
IT Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I would recommend Paylocity for more tech-savvy companies, as it relies heavily on users to take control of their time off requests, sick days, and ensure the accuracy of their time card. Personally I like it because it removes the need to see an HR person for everything, but for those employees who are uncomfortable with technology it can be a difficult transition.

Pros: The support is mostly good, and the implementation was relatively painless. They were able to import the data from our previous payroll processor and they have been flexible about adding additional policies and changes we've needed since our initial switchover.

Cons: Since our initial deployment of the service, we've had some issues getting support on important issues, like new state laws that impact our payroll processing and time-off accrual rates. This can be frustrating because someone will tell us they are working on it but we might go 2 weeks before getting any resolution to what should in theory be a relatively simple change.

Excellent Product for Nonprofit Client

Reviewed on 31/03/2018
David F.
Managing Partner
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Paylocity integrates with many of the software programs available. For nonprofits the time tracking was excellent and geo fencing option for Mobile checkin passed the audit requirements. An excellent solution for nonprofits specifically those carrying government contracts and needing solutions that stand audit requirements.

Pros: Paylocity was a recommendation from our broker and their team and it was the right one. Their streamlined payroll product was easy to use and setup. What stands out most is their customer support. The move from another major player in the space was seamless and made for greater accountability on reporting. Their system integrated easily with our government contracts and easily generated the reporting for our A-133 audit. The online portal was easy to log payroll information. Our employees were very friendly with the switch and our management was as well.

Cons: I can name a host of negative sentiments for many of the payroll services but not Paylocity. Their onboarding was spot on and effective as was the ongoing service.

Great HRIS System

Reviewed on 20/09/2018
Britnie T.
Human Resources Assistant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.

Pros: This system has many of the key features we were looking for:
-payroll system
-easy to manage HRIS
-good implementation
-good response time from our contacts
-many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future

Cons: Some of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.

Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the features

Reviewed on 07/08/2018
Marie E.
Human Resources
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

Cons: Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Emily B.
Payroll Specialist
Insurance, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Paylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.

Pros: Paylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.

Cons: I love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.

Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support

Reviewed on 17/08/2017
Jennifer O.
Vice President, HR Manager
Banking, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Third party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports

Cons: Customer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.

It's great to have such an intuitive system that has all HR systems under one umbrella.

Reviewed on 12/04/2018
Megan V.
HR Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Having everything HR in one complete system. All the pieces work 100% together without issues. It's intuitive. The implementation teams for each piece were fantastic with all the modules and they have plenty of ondemand and live trainings to help you should you need extra training after implementation.

Cons: There are a couple of small thing that I would change/improve upon with the system as I believe those would make it even better to work with. I have had some past issues with customer support specifically getting different answers for the same question from different specialists which can lead to frustrations, however, those kinks seem to have been worked out and things have been running more smoothly.

A great software for payroll and HR!

Reviewed on 24/11/2018
eCademy Teacher
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love how this software is easy to use, especially for the staff who are using it to log their hours and track their paychecks. It's great for organizations where staff are operating on two teams and they are technically being paid out of two different budgets. This was the case with me and it's made it easy to log my hours for each team and track pay each payday. It's also great for tracking each payday's paycheck and they have a function where you can go in and see your previous paychecks and the tax breakdown with each check. I would highly recommend it!

Cons: This software goes through a lot of updates and has some glitches and malfunctions here and there that could prevent you from logging your hours when you need it. The team is usually on it and will fix it pretty quickly, but it does happen often.

You can do SOOO much better

Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Leighann S.
HR Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: None. I spent SOO much time trying to fix issues on a regular basis. Complete waste of time.

Pros: GPS tracking for mobile punchers. Nothing more

Cons: Oh gosh...how much time do you have??? There are so many issues. I guess I'll try to hit the highlights. The City mandated paid sick time- it took them SIX MONTHS to get this programmed CORRECTLY. My ACA forms were completed incorrectly. I received notices from the IRS for two of my four companies that the forms needed to be redone and resubmitted. Paylocity never responded to my WEEKLY requests for updates on the status of the corrections. I ended up manually correcting and resubmitting myself. We made updates to our 401k plan. It took a month for them to get the matches calculated correctly and we didn't know until Q3 that when they did the set-up, they click a box to over-ride IRS regs (WHY is there even such a thing???) so I had employees that over contributed and over matched. When raising the issue with PL, the Rep said to just refund the excess (clearly he had no idea about 401k rules). On another occassion, last check of the year, my payroll person had to re-process a check for someone with 401k. When re-running the check she noticed the 401k contribution was missing (she didn't realize he hit the yearly max) so she contacted Paylocity. The Rep told her to CHANGE THE EMPLOYEE'S DOB!!!! so the system would allow a catch-up contribution and then change it back after she processed the check. HE WAS NOT ALLOWED A CATCH-UP. Needless to say, the employee received a distribution the next year for the excess contribution. HORRIBLE response to issues.

Paylocity is an agravating time clock and needs serious help and upgrading to actually be user friendly.

Reviewed on 20/09/2018
Pamela B.
content screener
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This tedious piece of tech has caused me a ridiculous amount of frustration just trying to accomplish a SIMPLE task that should barely be given thought during the working day. The whole point, I thought, was to make the experience seamless and help productivity. I am highly annoyed that my company chose Paylocity over the system we had previously, which I never gave a second thought, and mind you, can't recall the name of because it WAS THAT EFFICIENT. I am not the only person at my company who had had to make due with this sub par program. It needs serious work to make it actually function, and is not worth whatever my company paid for it.

Pros: I am not a fan of Paylocity at all, to be frank. I am an employee who has to use this unfortunate piece of software, and on my end...it's a hair pulling fest more often than not.

Cons: 1. The fact that I have to SIGN in and then PUNCH in. If I had to do it only ONCE a day, it would be less of a bear. But I have to clock in and out four times. There is no idle clock timer or somesuch that can even be reset, so I have to slog through this redundant system four times every day. I love how going to "sign in" for my lunch break, that it has to sign me out first. ?? That's maddening.
2. How Paylocity loves to forget that I'm only on ONE device every week or two. There's nothing like trying to clock in and spending two minutes having to answer a security question while it spins its wheels. This is NOT efficient, and agravating. Other employees at my company have endured the same slovenly programmed issue.
3. It's finicky as all get out when trying to put in for time off. You can't fill in certain fields, or it will hiccup. You also can't put in for several days in a row because of the same, so of course, there's the tedious process of entering EVERY day you need separately. And, a simple mouse click and Paylocity's whim can even deny you a day off, which you then have to question your manager about, who admits it was the software. AGAIN.
4. Loading time. Again, I love going to clock in on time or early and have Paylocity play games such as taking it's sweet time to load the screen, or populate the field with my password so I can properly log in on top of everything else I have mentioned. Because I have a ludicrous amount of passwords I need to type in for my job already, the last thing I need is to have to remember ONE MORE.

Persistent Issues/High Turn-Over

Reviewed on 04/07/2018
Alison C.
Exec. Director
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Their sales is excellent and they will sell you what they have while telling you they can make anything else work as they started as a "tech company." Be warned however, you never actually get to talk to a "tech person" if you have issues with their system and therefore, nothing ever changes. They also have a lot of turn-over and it appears that they lose their quality representatives to promotions and seemingly do not have incentive for those quality employees to stay in the representative positions. Those left to support the customer are typically very new and/or entirely unpleasant to work with. If you see exactly what they have during the sales pitch and it works for you, this company could work well for your payroll needs! I would highly discourage any employer from using this company if you have employees that work outside of typical daytime work hours. I do not have confidence that they are willing or able to fix some of the detrimental payroll issues that we are experiencing.

Pros: There are a lot of options that you can decide to use with Paylocity and like other reviewers, we were really impressed with the report options and capabilities when we were interviewing payroll companies.

Cons: We were definitely sold on a lot of options that we are necessary for us to run a smooth, effective and correct payroll but many of those have turned out not to be true. I'll describe out top three persistent, unresolved issues. For starters, we have employees the work overnight shifts and the way Paylocity time sheets are set up is that if you work an overnight, all of your hours fall on the day you clocked in. This is a huge issue at the end of the week when employees would get paid for overtime in that week if we didn't manually adjust their time sheets to split the shift at midnight. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly prevent incorrect payment of overtime. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors and Paylocity has failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Secondly, some of our employees receive a shift differential if they work certain hours. Paylocity reportedly has a set up for this that "works at other companies" but in our experience, it is a serious disaster. Their code/rule/setup does not catch the correct hours for adding the differentials and does one of six things:
1. It does not add the differential at all
2. It adds the differential to some, but not all, of the correct hours
3. It adds the differential to hours that it does not apply to
4. It adds a double differential and on rare occasion a 1.5 differential
5. It adds random dollar amounts at the differential rate with no corresponding hours
6. It occasionally pays all of the hours correctly for one or two employees per payroll
To sum this up, we have to review ever employee and manually adjust these calculations. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly pay our employees. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors. Paylocity has also failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Lastly, we have been with Paylocity for almost exactly 2 years and are now working with our sixth company rep who can guarantees, like all the others, that they will solve this issue. There has been one attempt at resolving the issues that

AVOID.

Reviewed on 22/06/2019
Stephanie G.
Head of Operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have not had much success with my account manager. I have not had a great experience with the setting up of the product, and ultimately left Paylocity.

Pros: Paylocity looks great, and offers a lot of functionality. It's fairly easy to jump in and start using on some levels; but you can build it to be as sophisticated as you need. This is probably good software for large companies that want to build a lot of compliance and have remote workers. It worked well for us for our remote staff. Some of their payroll specialists are great; and it's never a super long wait for phone or chat support.

Cons: They have some kind of staffing issues, or managerial issues because their support experience is very spotty and unreliable. I've had to pay for services I didn't end up needing to have. I've had a TERRIBLE experience with their tax team. Your account manager MEANS NOTHING. They won't check in on your account, they won't be actively watching over anything. The set up barrier of entry here is high; you will have to spend a lot of time setting your stuff up, and it can be convoluted. I had THREE separate login ID's, they claim this was cause of our different classes of workers... which made little sense. I

Paylocity is a very powerful and very customizable payroll solution

Reviewed on 07/06/2017
David H.
Senior Accountant
Customer Support

Pros: Paylocity has enabled our organization to export very complex and detailed GL import files for the payroll journal entries. No other payroll software we looked at (Paychex, ADP, Quickbooks) offered functionality that even came close. Furthermore, they post the charges and refunds to our bank in bulk charges (by payroll) which makes the reconciles much easier and the tying out of the transactions to the payroll Journal Entry quick and easy. In my experience with ADP for example, there were hundreds of transactions that would hit the bank and I would end up calling customer support almost every payroll to determine what the charges were actually for.

Cons: Creating custom reports can be, at times, more confusing than I would like. That said, I have successfully created many custom reports and a lot of the difficulty is due to the number of earning, tax, and deduction codes that we have (164+ different types of earning, taxes, and other deductions).

The software works and customer service is excellent.

Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Jason A.
Director, HR
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Our experience has been great. We moved from the big three letter company and have been very happy. The customer service experience is night and day compared to our old payroll company.

Pros: I use WebPay for all of our payroll needs. We are able to separate locations, job codes and have different pay rates for different codes for the same employee. Imports from WebTIme all of our hourly staff members with minimal oversight. Reports are useful and robust.

Cons: I wish they had an education version that would show what an employee earns based on a school schedule rather than on a typical annual schedule for traditional businesses.

Pays my employees!

Reviewed on 09/08/2018
AP/Payroll Administrator
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Well, I like that after reviewing payroll - I can search for any mistakes or errors. Any changes that need to be made can be done in the batch with ease. I especially like the audit function that gives you an extra alert in case there are too many hours recorded for an employee, negative amount of time taken etc.

Cons: The only issue is - once the batch is made and there needs to be changes made to the timecard - you would need to go back to webtime, change the time card and then go back to webpay to make the batch change. Once the batch is made, any changes in webtime do not get carried over. Which is understandable, but - still gives you an extra step to make. One other thing, although I appreciate the efficiency and timeliness of our payroll getting pushed though - I wish companies are given a 30 minute delay before payroll is pushed through in case there are any mistakes, you would have time to call them before it's processed.

Our school uses Paylocity to manage our payroll and we are very pleased with this software

Reviewed on 20/05/2017
Saily E.
Director of Accounting
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: 1. Secure processing of payroll
2. Excellent reporting capabilities
3. Assistance with quarterly payroll taxes reporting and filing
4. Optimal internal controls for payroll processing duties

Pros: Paylocity is easy to use and allows our school to effectively manage a payroll of 200+ employees on a by-monthly basis. You can rely on pre-designed reports or you can create your own report depending on your needs. Our customer service representative is very responsive and knowledgeable about Paylocity's features. Our employees can create personal accounts to track their paystubs, W2 forms and payroll information. Our school also uses Paylocity services to complete Federal and State taxes quarterly reporting which is very helpful because we can rest assured that reports are being filed on a timely and accurate manner. Their processing fees are very competitive when compared to other providers. Overall, we are very pleased with Paylocity.

Resonably priced with good features.

Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Louis H.
Fiscal manager
Philanthropy, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Price is highly competitive and the software functions well. Help screens are useful and easy to get too. Payroll submission is quick and consistently accurate. support is knowledgeable but see below. Overall a good experience for small to medium companies concerned about the bottom line.

Cons: Thought you get a dedicated customer service person you are highly unlikely to ever get directly to them. You will be offered the option of leaving a message for a call back or be transferred to other support staff. So in reality you talk to a different person each time. this is offset somewhat by the generally good support. some screens are not highly intuitive but easily learn able. One small irritant for me is that if you want the paper copies of your checks to come iin sealed rather than unsealed envelopes it is ten cents a check. Talk about nickel and dimeing..

So Easy

Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Robbin Y.
Accountant
Machinery, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Before WebPay every employee had to be handed a paper check stub, now everyone receives one electronically and can print them or not. Our employees can print past stubs if needed and the H/R department doesn't have to be involved.

Pros: This software is so easy to use, employees can see their time cards, their pay stubs, even edit their own tax forms. They can request vacation days right from the time clock and not have to fill out paper forms. Everyone in our company loves WebPay.

Cons: So far I have not found anything that I do not like about WebPay.

Solid Payroll Platform for Small to Medium Size Businesses

Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Collin E.
HRIS / Payroll Analyst
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you are a small to medium size business, this could be a great vendor for you. However, if you predict growing to a large enterprise level company down the road, it may be best to consider other vendors who can scale with you. In our experience, we outgrew Paylocity's functionality, and its system limitations caused us to move to another vendor. That is not to the fault of Paylocity however; I'm sure Facebook doesn't use Quickbooks!

Pros: Payroll platform is fairly robust compared to other systems targeting the small/medium size business demographic. Customer support and Reporting Suite is above average. I never had any problems with working with them at a company with around 150 employees. Cloud-based system is fast and nimble. Year end process was fairly painless. Can handle high-frequency payroll (we process weekly). Low processing time from pay period end to payday (Next day). Pricing is competitive!

Cons: The software is comprised as modules. Not an all in one solution out of the box. We utilized the HRIS and Payroll modules of Paylocity. I prefered the Payroll system over the HRIS, which seemed to be more of an afterthought. Implementation and support quality is not the best I've seen compared to other vendors. We ultimately transitioned to a larger payroll vendor with more robust functionality once our company grew to about 250 employees and do not regret it.

Basic application works well. However buyer beware - if you have more than one pay frequency

Reviewed on 19/07/2017
Donna M.
VP Accounting
Customer Support

Pros: Payroll changes are easy. Integration with our 401k provider and Employee Navigator for benefits enrollments/updates works well. Support usually answers quickly.

Cons: We have exempt employees on semi-monthly pay group and non-exempt employees on bi-weekly pay group. The PTO tracking system does NOT WORK with this configuration. Their only "solution" is to run a report each time you process payroll to see which employees have a PTO anniversary that falls within that period and enter a penny check if they aren't part of that particular pay run so that their PTO will reset. It is absurd to base PTO rollovers on whether or not an employee got paid in the payrun that includes their anniversary. And an employee shouldn't have to wait for payrun to see their new balance - ie if your anniversary is on 6/3 but payroll runs 6/15, you can't see your correct balance until 6/15. Further, it took more than 6 months of complaining that PTO accruals weren't working properly for them to finally admit the issue. Got many many different answers depending on who I talked with. However, they say this is a perfectly logical way of handling and have no plans to revise the process. Software should never require such a manual operation. Funny it will clear the old balance, but it won't update with the new bank of PTO hours. This has been a nightmare, and we are looking for alternative solution. A shame since we like most of the other features. I will say that the reports system is not very good either. You can convert some reports to Excel, but they do not format in a way that makes sense. Looks like a .pdf got dumped into a spreadsheet.

Weird issues, but no worse than other payroll companies out there...

Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Ashley R.
Human Resources Manager
51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It provides the benefit that any HRI System would provide. They all have odd quirks and I firmly believe that no one system is perfect for any company. It does its job, but it could be better.

Pros: The layout is aesthetically pleasing. There are some great features integrated into employee profiles, such as the ability to upload tax forms, handbook acknowledgements, etc. We do not currently use the onboarding feature, but that is a great option as well. It's a one stop shop for employee info, benefit balances (PTO, etc.), deduction codes, etc. The program is customizable, but only to a point -- this is where the "weird issues" come into play.

Cons: This program, while often useful and easy, can frustrate me worse than any other software I've ever used. There are small, seemingly insignificant quirks that can create nightmares and headaches from time to time. For instance, only ONE user can be signed up to receive certain system notifications. This means that my boss, our VP of Finance, receives all notifications and then forwards those to me. If he is ever out of the office or misses one... I just won't be in the loop. There is also no way to integrate Web Time and Web Pay smoothly, so if you have employees who require time tracking you will always have to go back and forth between portals to get your daily tasks completed. Web Pay does not show PTO history for hourly employees, and supervisors cannot view ALL of their employees on one screen when viewing a PTO calendar or request list.