ProjectManager.com Reviews

by ProjectManager.com

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.9 /5

About ProjectManager.com

Award-winning online project management software featuring project dashboards, gantt charts, kanban boards, and team collaboration.

Learn more about ProjectManager.com

John M.
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2021

"The Worst Customer Support Experience in 11 years of ONLNE Marketing!"

Comments: Read above. Arrogant customer service. Deleted my account without any warning left me hanging and would not return calls or emails. I lost E V E R Y thing. Files, creative, videos, and cost me a full day of staff not having access to their data.

Pros: This software is great. I spend a whole day looking for an alternative to Asana. I spent two days setting it up and was super excited. I did this cause the price point looked fantastic. However, when I went to connect the API, which is mentioned in the FAQ's how to set this up, I was told I had to upgrade to ENTERPRISE. My costs would go up to x4.

Cons: Customer service. There is no phone only and an answerphone. And the guy Derek on the end of the emails decided to delete my entire account without warning. He did this as I said the API is not mentioned in any of the features and it's in your development section and when I went to ask how to connect it he wanted me to upgrade to ENTERPRISE - then he said, 'I'll let you have it if you join to Business and pay IN FULL ONE WHOLE YEAR? Arhhhhh, that's not the way business is done? The issue I have is there is NO mention of the API connection in any of the plan features when you read through the FAQ's and Developer section, you will see clearly the system has an API. No mention that you have to pay extra. I then said its not on and there's an error in this case. I received the following email.
You are not a good fit. And with that, my entire data and account was deleted. No warning, nothing. Just see you later and all the best finding another platform. Unbelevieble.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2021
Team Leader of Software Development
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2018

"Awful"

Pros: Works from time to time, it has received functionality and UI updates over the time, still somehow it's usable at the end of the day.

Cons: Everything is broken, I think that you should try to use it inside your company on a daily basis to quickly spot how time you spend in simple tasks like: - Moving rows
- Adjusting dates
- Finding and correcting deleted timesheet entries
- Having read-only projects is impossible
- History of changes and who, along with historic undo is impossible
- Reports take ages to generate
- Random downtimes or error 500 messages

• Reviewed on 20/06/2018
Tim A.
Database Developer
Accounting, 51-200 Employees

"projectmanager.com"

Pros: Dashboard analytics for quick progress checks, ability to lay out time and effort with scheduling for projects. Ability to attach notes and files to projects

Cons: some times the app lags and the response time drags on other times it seems to lose updates while lagging

by Michael on 20/06/2018

Hi Tim!

We’re happy to see that you’re enjoying many of the features of ProjectManager.com! Our product team is always working to optimize the speed and performance of the software, but if you have any persistent lag issues feel free to submit a support ticket and we’d be happy to look to see if there are any underlying issues that can be fixed on your account. Thanks!

Michael, Customer Support

Ed H.
CIO
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2020

"Beware Free Trial: Scam"

Comments: Very poor customer service experience and unethical business practices.

Pros: Good interface with a good blend functionality from traditional PM to agile kanban and story boards.

Cons: Resourcing of a project is a weak point, it's not possible to assign resourcing by % of time or time allocation to a project i.e User 1 90% and User 2 50% to the project so it's very inflexible in this way. ----BEWARE---- The free trial is only free for 30 days before this you have to have cancelled or you will be charged. I was charge over £700 to my personal account despite all the users being test users associated to my email. Yes it does stipulate this on T&C's but I've had a point blank refusal from them to reverse charges despite cancelling only 2 days late.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2020
Jesus Z.
Process Engineer
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2018

"Real-time Project status identifier"

Pros: The great thing with using ProjectManager.com is the real time dashboard that can be access with all members of the team project through online

Cons: As far as i use this product, only the internet connection affects it's functionality of sharing reports and status with the team, but as long as you have a good internet connection, it was really great

• Reviewed on 26/07/2018
Mardy A.
Operations Head
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"Amazing Project Manager.com"

Pros: Good for planning and scheduling of task. I can easily use this software very friendly to us even on the first timer.

Cons: A little bit pricey but very worth it and helpful to my organization. Easy to manage the functions. The features is good but need to improve.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Jomarie A.
Capacity Planning Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2018

"Effective Project Manager"

Pros: Using this tool was so great. Having so many features is very helpful to my project anytime. Very effective to a group project.

Cons: So far, I have no cons about this product because it helps me a lot to make my tasks or project be effective.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Julie P.
systems
Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2018

"Easy to use and navigate"

Pros: Easy to track resources and good for planning. Excellent high level view of project and able to add milestones so that I can keep track of important deadlines and artefacts to be produced.

Cons: When working on a lot of projects it can be cumbersome to search for them in different places, but this is the only slight drawback that it has.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2018
Chase W.
MBA Student
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2017

"Excellent customer service"

Comments: Easy to use, intuitive, nice interface

Pros: While at I did not go past the free trial (due to not needing it at this time, nothing against the software itself), I must complement the level of customer service I received. While there didn't seem to be a way to cancel the free trial from the platform interface itself even going to your account and it can be difficult to reach someone by phone, the service team was extremely helpful in getting my bill sorted out and money refunded that was charged for 12-months of the service. The software itself is very intuitive and easy to use. It has a lot of options and is a nice alternative to MS project. I would recommend this software for small businesses or small teams within larger organizations.

Cons: Having to set weekends as working days prior to building a Gantt chart and no way to go back and do it later. It's a practical default for most businesses, but not so much for academic projects or anyone that plans to utilize weekends for project tasks.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2017
Adam L.
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2016

"An Essential Tool for Project Managers"

Comments: Project Manager has enables us to massively improve the way we manage both internal and customer projects. The system is easy to use and the reporting has been invaluable. The support team have always been quick to respond and were particularly helpful in the early stages. Highly recommended.

Pros: Easy of use, intuitive interface, reporting capabilities

by Project Manager Online on 21/11/2016

Hello Adam,

Appreciate the review! Glad to hear the software has helped you and your team manage internal and customer projects. Our customer success team is always here to help should you have any questions.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2016
Andy A.
Newsletter Editor
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"A Great Task Manager for Small Teams"

Comments: We are a small network of graduate researchers. ProjectManager.com reports have given all of us a solid schema for the rigorous data collection expectations for our lab studies.

Pros: ProjectManager.com use enables consistent time management of events & tasks when acclimating new team members to performance expectations.

Cons: ProjectManager.com report customizations & forecasts are limited. In addition, we have had some international interface issues.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Rob P.
Manager of Project Management
Machinery, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2017

"Overall my experience has been great. www.projectmanager.com is very intuitive."

Pros: - Portfolio View
- Management of Multiple Projects
- Team Management Capabilities
- Simple Scheduling Tools
- Simple Reporting Process
- Simple Task Management Process

Cons: - Very Underdeveloped Mobile Platform (Not very easy to follow tasks. Not easy to communicate tasks on the fly and no overall view of how projects are performing)
- No Method for Managing Reports By Division (or at least none that I have learned)
- No Method for Customizing Reports - Specifically those by task (i.e. Approval Date - there is no method I am aware of to run a report on standardized tasks)

by Project Manager Online CA on 29/11/2017

Hi Rob,

We're glad you are enjoying our product! We continue to put more resources into developing our mobile platform and thank you for the feedback!

• Reviewed on 12/07/2017
Ashley G.
Consultant
Market Research, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Daily User"

Pros: Fairly each to use. Glitz is minimal, every feature has a purpose.

Cons: Performance and load times are very slow.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Jairo A.
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2016

"Agile & friendly for PM's"

Comments: In general terms, this platform is useful and provides good coverage on daily basis activities and needs for project managers and PMO.

Pros: 1. Based on Cloud Service
2. Promote collaboration and communication

Cons: 1. Integration with MS Project is limited and simple (no lead or lag time, no columns with formula).
2. Customized Columns are limited (i. e. A simple List is not possible to set up)

by Project Manager Online on 11/01/2017

Hello Jairo,

Thank you for the review! We get thousands of customer requests for product improvements and we review every one. From there our product updates are driven by the most popular requests. We value all of our customer feedback and will pass your notes on to our Customer Support team.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2016
Aden J.
Project Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2016

"The best MS project alternative"

Pros: If your used to MS project than this is the best alternative, it has similar features plus great team collaboration and best of all can be accessed anywhere and for a great price. I tested 12 of the best project software out there and few came close to rival this one, the implementation of critical path was key for us and a Gantt chart. All the other software companies seemed to base their software around a list or a poorly executed Gantt chart which looked like a tweaked excel document The vendor was great, showed us everything we wanted to see and all the great features. Response to emails is quick

Cons: The fact that you had to enter credit card details for the free trial almost stopped me getting this software, if they hadn't have called I would have never tried it. All other vendors give you a free trial without CC details but I now I regret not trying it sooner.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2016
Keenan C.
Employee Support Specialist
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"Takes a bit of getting used to, but fantastic software"

Pros: Took a bit of getting used to, but once we were up and using it, it made managing our time incredibly easy, and fits incredibly well into an Agile framework

Cons: Although it's laid out as easy as possible, it definitely took a bit of time (and someone else's help) to get used to, but that probably because I can be a bit thick with things like this

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Bruce D.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2016

"Great piece of software"

Comments: Overall this software works well with our business projects.
The software is in the main, easy to use & the access to any project plan from any PC, tablet or phone wherever you are makes this an essential part of our development needs.

Pros: Ease of use & accessibility

Cons: Print layout congested

by Project Manager Online on 21/11/2016

Hello Bruce,

Appreciate the feedback! We¿re happy to hear our software is working well for your projects. We wanted to let you know you can configure your print layout with various different sizes and options when printing the PDF. Let us know if you need any help with it.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2016
Jennifer M.
General Manager
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"ProjectManager.com"

Pros: I am currently evaluating this software for purchase and so far it has been terrific! It seems to fill all of my needs. I have several questions and the customer support staff has been knowledgeable and wonderful.

Cons: It is a little pricey in my opinion, but seems to be worth its cost.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Coralie S.
Construction Project Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees

"Project Construction"

Pros: Good software tool for planning and design portions of projects. Allows input for risks that may affect the project schedule.

Cons: Not good for construction portion of project due to the constant changes and variables during construction which are beyond the project manager's control. In order to provide an accurate picture of the project input must be changed constantly.

by Michael on 20/06/2018

Hi Coralie,

Thanks for the feedback! It’s great to hear from you and the City of St. Charles team since you have been such loyal customers over the years! Let us know if you need anything,

Best,

Michael, Customer Support

Wes F.
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Good start, needs some tweaks"

Pros: Similarity to other scheduling software.

Cons: There doesn't seem to be any simple way to track and update partially complete tasks that updates the planned hours. Example - someone that is working on a task is scheduled for 10 hours, but the overall task duration will cover two weeks. If they complete their work on in part early on day one, say 8 hours of it, you can update the percent complete to 80% but the distribution of workload for the remainder of the schedule doesn't reduce the hours left in the task. This distorts the actual workload for that person until the project is complete showing more work than is actually left. The reverse is also true where they may not start on a project until late in the duration. Frustrating for very large projects with multiple tasks and assignments. Very time consuming to update.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Good for light Project Management"

Pros: You can create fairly detailed project plans, including budgets and dates.

Cons: The reporting filtration is terrible. They're definitely lacking on the ability to extract exact information from PM.com

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2019

"Powerful and most efficient management tool."

Comments: Really helpful and easy to understand.

Pros: The real time graph represneation for easy tracking, You can keep track of all your team members easy and in a very nice way. They have almost everyhting you need to have in any management tool.

Cons: Cannot be afforded by all, very high pricing. They can lower it by providing only basic functionalities.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2019
Gina T.
Marketing Intern
Philanthropy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2018

"Decent product for small-scale use"

Pros: This is a decent software for managing one or two small projects per team at once. The customer service team is also great.

Cons: If you are planning on using this product on a large I would suggest looking elsewhere as it doesn’t really support larger project and it’s difficult to manage a lot of projects at one time.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2018
Justin H.
Director, Center for Teaching & Learning
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"ProjectManager.com for Collaboration and Planning"

Comments: Overall, Projectmanager fit the bill by providing an easy to use and common planning/collaboration space.

Pros: Having worked with a number of project management software platforms, i found the interface simple and intuitive - this is a really crucial point as convincing colleagues to use the software is a hurdle in my context. Collaborative features were sufficient for the work we did, and gave us a common planning point.

Cons: I was a bit disappointed that reports require me to clean up and format - I feel that a paid-for product should provide enough report customization to produce a viable product without needing my own changes after the fact.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020