Affordable and Basic Invoicing Software

Reviewed on 10/10/2019
Jerry W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I no longer use Invoice2go but found it to be easy to use, affordable yet a little to basic for a growing home service company.

Pros: I really appreciated the affordability and ease of using the software

Cons: It's a little too basic in features for my liking

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED

Reviewed on 01/02/2017
Brian H.
Owner / President of Hill & Sons Ltd.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been using Invoice2go for about two years now.
This is my story:
Invoices have disappeared from their database on a regular basis over the two years.
Fortunately, because I BCC all my invoices, I had backup copies in my email.
My invoices that I emailed out did not reach my clients. Invoice2go figured they'd been delivered to their junk mail. Some of our commercial clients keep us waiting up to ninety days before paying, and so we waited. When we finally determined that they hadn't ever received the invoices, it was sometimes six months or more before we got paid. Invoice2go recommended that before sending an invoice, that I contact my customers and get them to change their email setup to accept our emails.
When Google Chrome updated, Invoice2go didn't; they were incompatible and it would not work properly. I switched to Firefox but continued to have issues. All of my settings, the email message ...all were dropped when I switched over. As a result, and unbeknownst to me, I was no longer BCC'ing my invoices to our company email. During that interval the database dropped another fourteen invoices and I did not have my email backup to rely on. It took a week in the office with my employees, going through the database, time sheets, and work orders to restore those invoices. The problem was further exacerbated by the fact that I didn't know who the invoices were for, if the jobs had been completed or if the invoices had even been mailed out. I lost all the material lists and the pricing. I also discovered that a lot of customers don't call to complain that we didn't send them an invoice.
I cannot use the scroll wheel on my mouse. I even went out a replaced the mouse. I can scroll only with the arrows on the keyboard.
When I create a new invoice, I would say that once every five or six invoices it screws up the sequence. If you miss it, it looks like a missing invoice. In my case I had emailed backups to prove that there had indeed been an invoice, but it can confuse the issue.
The spell checker will point out spelling mistakes, provide the proper spelling but when corrected the word immediately reverts to the incorrect spelling.

The best fit for my business

Reviewed on 09/02/2018
Malcolm S.
Problem solving | Solution design | IT Support
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I don't have to change how I work and learn a larger accounting/invoicing package. I also can accept credit card and other payments without hassle.

Pros: Simplicity of use and works for my business without the overhead of a full accounting package. Syncing that works flawlessly now, they have clearly learnt from the past.

Cons: With the older version, syncing was often a problem and when they revamped the software they simplified a little too much, taking away some much loved features and a delay in getting data back to people. They seem to be improving with their customer service though.

Works well enough, but it is quite expensive for what it does and it has a lot of little quirks.

Reviewed on 08/11/2017
Scott F.
Owner/Operator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Fast and easy invoicing, integrated payments by PayPal and Stripe.

Pros: Invoice2Go has a lot of beautiful invoice templates, and a good amount of ways to customize those templates to your liking to great something to be proud of. Adding custom fields is pretty easy too, and accepting payments by way of Stripe and PayPal is a plus.

Cons: They only offer a few payment gateways out of the thousands available, and other than those few gateways, no other integrations are available. I would love to see integration with a cloud storage service to export data and PDF invoices too, and even better would be integration with CRM apps to instantly port those items to as well. As it stands I have to use multiple systems for one task. There are also a lot of quirks when it comes to where things land on invoices - for example no matter how short your invoice is, any customer terms or notes always appear on the following page, even if there is ample room on the first. Just lots of things like that. It's also very pricey for NOT connecting into a CMS or CRM.

Pretty Good, could be improved a bit.

Reviewed on 15/04/2019
Shasha T.
Assistant
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, it gets the job done and that's what really matters. No real complaints from me.

Pros: It is very easy to use, allows customers to pay directly from the email link. Hassle free. It does an amazing job of keeping my payment records in order. I like the separated sections for paid & unpaid invoices as well as the various search options.

Cons: I wish I were able to create my own template for how I want my invoices to look. They have pretty good options but the flexibility to move things around and freely edit would be nice. I also can't seem to delete/replace my original logo. It's been updated but I can't figure out how to do it.

construction company

Reviewed on 14/12/2016
Ken D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Loses invoices, they vanish, and cannot be retrieved. I have noticed that I have lost invoices and they are completely gone, I called customer report if I can find the invoice number they can retrieve it?? Does me no good if it comes up missing and I don't see it gone. I don't understand why they can't find the Glitch in the software and guarantee me that it won't happen again. I am currently looking to find a better invoice software.

Pros: quick invoicing

Cons: loses invoices, cannot make progress bills off a single invoice, such as draws on a project.

So much more than invoicing

Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Serenity S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: One step book keeping for my husband's business.

Pros: I love that it's a one stop app. You can do everything you need to for the book keeping side of your business with this one application. I love that you can turn estimates into invoices so you save a ton of time. You can also see when your client views the invoice and set up automatic payment reminders. This takes the pressure off of you to keep after delinquent accounts. You can even store and track your business receipts. Plus I can use it on all my devices. It really does everything and more ecspesially for a free app.

Cons: It does require a lot of different permissions on your device but anything that tracks you does. I just make sure my virus protection is up to date.

I have used this product for 10 years was excellent till going on internet and icloud

Reviewed on 29/04/2018
Debbie L.
Office manager/owner
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For 9 years it was excellent, not now!!

Pros: It was easy to navigate and use. I loved the templates. .It was reliable and I was able to create many subfolders for one year.

Cons: Since going onto internet and icloud and getting away from the computer desktop, it has become a nightmare. I lose invoices and have to recreate them which takes a lot of extra time!!!!

Great for Small Business!

Reviewed on 19/09/2018
Justin N.
Admin
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Highly recommend for new business owners.

Pros: We tried to switch from quickbooks to Invoice2Go and we were highly impressed! It's truly a simple, intuitive app. It allows for us to collect payments, send invoices and track expenses. It's quick to set up an invoice and send. We loved it!

Cons: We simply outgrew the software. Our business developed into a multi faceted business and we needed something more robust. Highly recommend Invoice2Go if you are a small business. It will help elevate you to the next level.

good invoicing on the go

Reviewed on 23/06/2016
Damian L.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: on the go ability, Easy to use, good reports, needs auto-reminders to make collection easier updates one time must have for small business

Cons: android version little complicated to get around

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED Con't

Reviewed on 01/02/2017
Brian H.
Owner / President
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
Customer Support

Comments: The limit of 2500 words in my previous review simply wasn't enough for me to extoll the virtues of the program. And so to continue:
' I am on speed dial to technical support. They know me by name. They are really nice people, but whenever they say they will get the engineers to look at the problem, that's the kiss of death. They have yet to resolve even one issue for me. They have never found a missing invoice ...not even one.
' This program has been a MAJOR source of STRESS for me and has cost me a ton of money; not to mention credibility with my customers.
' I have also discovered that old invoices are very difficult to collect from customers.
'For those of you who give it a good rating 'check back in your invoice database. Follow the sequence and see if they are all there. Odds are, you are missing invoices as well 'you may just not realize it.
' Why did I stick it out for so long? ...my database is extensive, I was established and I never stopped coping and hoping that they would fix this glitchy program.
' This morning I discovered two that more invoices (that I made up yesterday and emailed out), are missing; that was the last straw.
' I am switching to QuickBooks and I hope never to look back. I don't care how much it costs; if it works - it's a bargain!

Long time user

Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Myles C.
Construction, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I’ve been an invoice2 go user for over 5 years.

Pros: I’ve been using invoice2go for several years since it was a very inexpensive app. I like that I can easily do estimates and then convert them to invoices. I primarily use my smartphone when on the worksite and it’s features are easy to access on both smartphones and laptops.

Cons: I cannot easily save the info as a database, and the price has increased significantly since I began using it, however I still choose it over comparable products for ease of use.

It was useful until it started rounding up

Reviewed on 30/07/2017
Julie k B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Nice templates, relatively pain-free invoice creation and submission, decent reports that help my accountant file my taxes.

Cons: It does not take rates out to 3 decimal places. Mileage rates are always out to 3 decimal places. Therefore, every invoice I submit is incorrect and payments are impossible to reconcile. I used to be able to enter mileage rates to 3 decimal places but with recent updates that option is no longer available. I've begged them to change this but so far they have not. Their responses list all the wonderful features of their app, which is not responsive. Also, there are occasional sync issues so invoices created on one device do not show on another. This causes endless wasted hours recreating invoices. The desktop app is unreliable. I'm a long-time user but I'm now searching for a better invoicing program.

I work with this software daily for almost 7 months now.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Ashley C.
Front Office Manager
Customer Support

Pros: I like how user friendly it is. I started working with this software and got very little training. I figured it out pretty quickly.

Cons: I do not like how you can't search for names on the invoices easily. This also applies to the app version of this software too. It is a headache if i have to look up a previously sent invoice. I also do not like the image limit when uploading a picture to attach to the invoice.

Great application

Reviewed on 10/01/2017
Shane S.
Owner/operator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This app has performed on the highest level for me and my small business! I highly recommend this product!

Ruined a previously fabulous product

Reviewed on 26/10/2017
Marcus K.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: None anymore it been ruined with poor redevelopment and customer service who do fix issues or errors. Most certainly not worth the subscription. I bought the license years ago and now I'm expected to repay yearly so its a con.
Nothing now it has been ruined, it has problems with capital letters on addresses. All live invoices are mixed in with invoices that are dead completed. So u cant separate invoices that are completed.

Cons: It doesnt function very well. Feature less and customer support doesnt listen to feedback given. So many issues , product doesnt sync. You loose information very easily. And if support listened to feedback they would do so much better. Its awful now and am seeking a new product after being with them for over 10 years.

A great tool the Contractor, Self Employed, and the Traveling Workforce...

Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Electrician
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Invoice2go is effecient, practical, and can even be fun. I recommend this program for anyone who works for themselves and needs a quick and easy way to instantly provide professional, quality invoices for services rendered or when a receipt is necessary. It stores everything for you safely, and allows you to modify also. It's safe and secure so I have no issues of potentially having to deal with outside tampering of my created or new invoices. I can send them to my customers with ease and do it instantly.

Pros: What appealed to me most about Invoice2go, was the different layouts and options they offer so I could customize the look of my invoices. It allowed me to personalise them for my customers.

Cons: At this point I can't think of anything worthy to complain about, overall this has been a very useful tool for me.

Helps keep you organized

Reviewed on 04/12/2018
George S.
Business owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: You can look back at jobs from a year or two ago and know exactly when they paid and when you did the job. helps you keep track of what people owe you. Invoice someone from your car quickly and help you get paid quicker.

Cons: Fees per year sometimes seem a little high, i wish you could just buy the app instead of pay yearly

just an awesome system for the person who is self employed

Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Michael A.
IT and Logistic Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: i do this software so easy to use and bill my clients and track my payments.
Easy to use

Pros: easy to use.
easy to track and send invoices.
easy to bill clients in a professional way.
great interface.

Cons: they could work on the creating invoices and it does tend to get a bit confusing at times.
the customer list also needs a bit more ease of access

It is very helpful and easy to use

Reviewed on 12/12/2017
Roni Q.
Customer Support

Pros: I like you are able to add custom logo and the clean simple format of it. It is easily to understand and get the job done

Cons: The only thing I can say I really did not like was the fact, that you are unable to change font, underline or bold. As well as size of font.

Invoice Management Software that works.

Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Kirstie S.
Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Love it, makes invoicing quick and easy. I am glad I bought the paid version.

Pros: I love the easy interface and how quick it is to load invoices and duplicate repeat invoices. Its great to track money outstanding and payments made. The cell phone app is useful for making off payments and sending reminders.

Cons: I would love to be able to tag invoices according to project and generate reports that are tag specific. I also had a hassle where I merged clients with the same name by accident and haven't found and easy way to resolve that , so my report isn't 100% accurate.

I love Invoice2go!

Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Kelsey H.
customer service agent
Apparel & Fashion, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I had a great experience with Invoice2go, I would definitely use it again.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use. It sends invoices quickly and effortlessly. it's super user friendly.

Cons: I have had a couple invoices vanish mysteriously.

Invoice2go

Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Brenda S.
Controller
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use and being able to create and send invoices directly from my phone.

Cons: Limited ability to customize fields and search function could be improved.

INVOICE 2 GO

Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Barbara E.
OFFICE MANAGER
Wireless, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: THEY HAVE ALOT OF OPTIONS AND WAYS TO HANDLE CUSTOMERS

Cons: THEY DO NOT ALLOW FOR TRACKING INVENTORY, AND THAT IS A BIG THING FOR ME.

"MEH"

Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Windy P.
Customer Support

Pros: The software is easy to use for people who are not a computer savvy. It is not difficult to go around the application without actually asking for customer support.

Cons: Now here comes the hate part of this software. Invoices tend to go missing. Maybe it is just in my case but hey, can someone actually fix this software?