Good choice for requirement management

Reviewed on 12/10/2017
Manoj K.
Lead Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Good product but loading and navigation issues

Pros: 1. I have been using Jama for over one and half years. The good thing about JAMA is all the requirements are systematically placed in JAMA. Its search option is good. By typing any keyword, all the related requirements get listed below. 2. I liked the requirement review facility in Jama. All the comments are well preserved. By going through them, I can ensure whether any comments are still open. It helps in tracking the closure of all questions/comments raised during requirement review. 3. Notification service of JAMA is quite good

Cons: 1. I felt that loading and navigation of Jama needs to be improved. Sometimes the delay is quite noticeable. 2. Though the homepage contains all important information, little improvement in look and feel of GUI can make it more attractive. 3. There should be auto login in Jama using windows login password like other software I use. Every time I have to manually give windows login/password to enter Jama

Jama Contour is a Winner!

Reviewed on 13/01/2017
Kim C.
Business Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We purchased Jama Contour Requirements Management software recently and I have to say the software is everything we wanted it to be and more. The major selling point was the ability to store and create your own field level data and we have taken advantage of that in spades. This alone has saved us hundreds to thousands of dollars. The level of customization provided by this software is far beyond anything we have seen. We use it on a daily basis and we are not moving away from this software. It helps drive us to our mission of "Excellence" in IT. Thank you Jama!

Pros: Ease of installation, Ease of use, Ease of customization. Works as advertised and excellent customer support.

Cons: You need a pretty decent server that can handle the memory requirements.

Excellent for requirements traceability

Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Nakul S.
Product Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was able to write software requirements

Pros: 1. a lot of functionality perfect for complex requirement traceability
2. extremely good notification system

Cons: 1. a bit sluggish at times
2. if you do not have enterprise license then it will limit the number of users who can stay logged in together

Jama Review from a True User

Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Yu Q.
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Web-based and much cheaper option than DOORS.
Learning curve is really flat.
No need for professional IT engineers to maintain the system

Cons: Data export an import extremely not convenient. Now only support export to excel. After excel export, the sheet is not the same format as seen in Jama and it takes me long time to reformat the sheet in excel. 3rd party tools integration is not ideal, like the support to EA, Github,...

I have used Jama for the past couple months to keep track of requirements for new product.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Joshua L.
Medical Devices, 13-50 Employees
Customer Support

Comments: The main benefit I get from this software as an engineer is that I have a controlled and organized way to keep track of the requirements for a new product we are developing. This is shared with other teams and is organized in an acceptable way for future FDA approval.

Pros: The best part of Jama is that it creates an easy to navigate and flexible system where our company can keep track of system, sub-system, and component requirements for a product that we are going to get FDA approved.

Cons: Once you get into the software and know how you are going to use it, it is pretty simple. When I was first introduced to it, however, it did take me a little while to catch onto the workflow.

User friendly high level of customization.

Reviewed on 03/09/2015
Javier O.
Staff Quality Engineer
Customer Support

Comments: Pros: I was able to build in Risk Management into the tool without much hassle. User Interface is user-friendly and feels natural. Easy to set up. Low resources consumption. Is amazing how well it performs. It's not a heavy application. The current license scheme have only paying licenses for content creators. Approvers, reviewers, viewer, etc. have free access. Cons: Reports are tied to the use of Word and Excel which might prevent usage. Probably should use open formats instead for use in multiple platforms.

Jama Connect Review

Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Software Engineer
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall experience using Jama Connect has been really good. I would definitely recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros: Jama provides a very user-friendly interface with a lot of intuitive functionality.
Provides requirement traceability and also versioning.
The functionality to apply filters has been implemented better than most of its competitors in the market.

Cons: The text editor can be a little difficult for a first time user and can be made more intuitive.
Filtering can be made more convenient to use.

Jama for document development

Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Craig A.
Consumer Electronics, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love how Jama tracks changes. When creating a document it is easier for multiple people to edit it at once than Word.

Cons: It is different than other document software so some people have a hard time learning it.

Jama Is Ok - Get's The Job Done

Reviewed on 17/04/2017
Dan S.
Customer Support

Comments: We use Jama to manage our product lifecycle. Coming from Jira, it takes a little getting used to. Some of the basic configurations are hard to set up, but overall it gets the job done.