Mindomo Reviews

by Expert Software Applications

4.5 / 5 28 reviews
Mindomo

Mindomo is my number one mind mapping tool!!

Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Moahmmed H.
PhD Scholar
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Mindomo hits the sweet spot by making an intuitive balance between simplicity and functionality, so that new users would start mindmapping in no time while advanced users can access deeper functions and tricks.

Pros: - making elegant zooming presentations with beautiful themes which is way faster and easier to produce than slide based presentation tools.
- publishing interactive mindmaps with embedded notes, links, audio, videos and presentation, which is very enjoyable to navigate.
- real-time collaboration with comments, votes and chat.
- has dedicated business functionality (task management, gantt chart) and educational functionality (student assignment, LMS integration)

Cons: - free web version offers three mind maps limit
- mobile apps (android and ios) doesn't offer the same complete experience as the web or software version

Great tool

Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Didier C.
Internet, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using several free/paid tools for mindmapping: Mindmeister, Xmind, Freemind and some others. My favorite was Xmind until they changed their cloud strategy. Mindomo was the best alternative at the perfect price for my use.

Pros: - you can save / manage mindmaps in the cloud
- you can customize templates
- you can share / bookmark maps urls
- you can use a huge database of templates / examples (like with some other competitors)

Cons: - the text editing section for annotations could be improved with better resizable & movable window

Keeps me organized

Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Karim Y.
Lecturer
Higher Education, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am using Mindomo to organize my lecture material with links to resources. I am also using Mindomo for the assignment feature for student group work.

Pros: Ease of use and very easy to learn. Ability to copy and paste maps as well as import / export maps. Many ways to attach links, images, or files to a node.

Cons: The set styles to change color of nodes are not diverse or organized. It would be great to have the ability to save a new style rather than having to set it up for each new map.

Best of breed mindmapping software

Reviewed on 12/05/2019
Robert M.
Program Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I left a Mindomo competitor years ago because they failed to move to the cloud effectively. Since then I've used, and even taught, Mindomo exclusively. Simply the best.

Pros: Cloud based, ubiquitous

Cons: Android app could use some polish.

Mindomo DESKTOP is an interesting solution for mind mapping and, in some cases, presentations.

Reviewed on 21/09/2017
Edo M.
manager
Biotechnology, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's a very fast and easy to use software that anyone can learn in short period of time. Interesting option (that usually have impact on audience) is incorporating external links to multimedia content. Simple and fast design is perfect for internal needs, and more intriguing design can be used for public/promotional needs.

Pros: This application is a fast one with simple user interface that anyone can learn in short period of time. There are many nice features incorporated in it. (TASK MAP) HISTORY - it's unique feature for a desktop solution as user can see full history of some specific file (map). Also history for all made/used files is available and can be even filtered by user or time period.
EXPORT - is a full of options and is one of better ones.
THEMES - are a simple and fast solution to make nice and standardized design for your mind maps.
MULTIMEDIA - is incorporated in design, from simple icons (plenty of them) to http: links, Nice feature is that icons can be filtered by keywords (color, ...)
DESIGN - can be completely changed in few simple steps, also numbering of topics/subtopics is a nice feature.

Cons: User interface is minimalistic so many options are not available/visible during work but have to be looked for. Practically there aren't any options to choose from regarding application.

Used this software for many years

Matt V.
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy to use, intuitive, integration with Google Drive - has all the features that I want in a mind mapping tool.

Cons: I like that it's web-based, but sometimes connectivity issues can cause problems. But that's not the fault of the software itself.

Good tool to create mindmaps

Reviewed on 07/05/2019
Julien M.
Principal Engineer
Airlines/Aviation, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is simple to use with a lot of features. I like the fact I can access my mind maps from computers and my phone. You can discover it for free (with just a limit on the number of mind map). Very friendly customer service !

Cons: There was some limitations, I send them a mail and they explain how to overcome them (and now, they have even remove the limitation since the last update).

Best mindmapping Software ever

Reviewed on 23/06/2019
Carlo S.
Senior Vice President Consulting and Prevention
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use the software for several years now and experienced several versions of mindomo.
I am an absolute fan.
It helps me to strukture complex topics like legislation initiatives of EBA and german banking authorities.
I also use it for brainstorming in workshops. In the end you can use mindomo even for the presentation.
An absolute recomendation from my point of view

Pros: Creating mind maps intuitive
Cloud feature with data stored in Germany under EU Legislation

Cons: No idea. My wish would be to store pictures or screenshots right within the map an not in seperate files

An Essential Tool in My Arsenal

Jan O.
Freelance Writer and Consultant
Broadcast Media, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm a freelance writer/consultant who works alone 99% of the time so I don't have a sounding board for my thoughts. I've been using Mindomo for this since 2010 and it's saved me countless hours or reorganizing and rewriting as I tend to get things right-er the first time. I've also used mind maps created in Mindomo to illustrate organizational concepts in articles and in communications with colleagues.

Pros: It helps me organize my thoughts and presentations.

Cons: There have been times where operation has been unstable but that hasn't been for the last 6 months or so.

Love Mindomo!

Ron G.
Chiropractor
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love the software because it is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons: There is nothing I do not like about the program.

Mindomo is my preferred online mind mapping tool

Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Torgrim S.
Product Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Mindomo has been my preferred online tool for mind mapping since they started in 2007. Feature rich, fast, and easy to share and collaborate on maps with others.

Pros: The time from login to actually working on my map is very fast compared to other online tools. Very good, minimalistic design that don't get in the way of your thinking and working.

Cons: No filtering of multiple maps (i.e. what tasks are due today from my 5 project maps). Hoping for better filtering options in the near future.

PERFECT TOOL...I LOVE IT!

David N.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Super

Pros: The graphical interface and all the options

Cons: Not to be able to create workflow tyoe of diagrams

Excellent Mind Mapping Software

Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Michael B.
Professor
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use Mindomo both in my teaching as a way to present students with my outlines and notes and for business as a way to organize complex projects and keep all my links to various important websites. The site has never, to my knowledge, been down. I've compared Mindomo to several other online mindmapping tools and I always come back to Mindomo. Great tool. Easy to use and has all the features I've ever needed.

Pros: Ease of Use
Attractiveness of Themes
Easy to share and collaborate

Cons: Nothing I can think of. It does everything I need it to do.

It is an efficient and easy to manage program

Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Nilkary V.
Profesora de Física
Customer Support

Pros: What I like most about this program is that you can make mental, conceptual maps, as well as diagrams in a very simple way. It is a program that does not require previous instructions and that is stored in the cloud directly. You can export your work in different formats without any mishap.

Cons: Really what I do not like is that to access some formats you have to pay a certain membership. In general, it does not have many cons

Greatest mind mapping tool available

Eric Z.
QHSE manager
Chemicals, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very happy with the tool and the fact that is is available in a browser, anywhere you need it. It is snappy, clear, with just enough options, no overflow of functionality.

Pros: I like the ease of working, the freedom to connect in many ways. Most of all, I do use the root cause analysis tool and other "wizzards", it is functionality I have not seen elsewhere.

Cons: It is pricey, a multiple year offer with some discount would certainly be a good proposal.

Very good software for note taking and knowledge management

Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Innovation manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Very good, I use it every day

Pros: + Mind map sharing with my students,
+ notes formatting
+ fluid and no bug so far

Cons: The code formatting and image integration is missing in notes

Love Mindomo

Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I love Mindomo to organize thoughts and notes, for planning complex projects, for sitemaps and brainstorming / insights workshops.

Cons: Despite being excellent for day to day use in projetcs, it's a technical tool, so not that suitable for presentations that need more "hype".

The easiest way to organize your ideas

Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Eugenio S.
High School Teacher
Education Management, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: - I use Mindomo to organize my ideas when i have to give a one hour lecture or a whole year of philosophical topics. Now is my tool to think. I can't use anything else.

Pros: - I use images, videos, links...
- It's versatile and the looks are impecable.
- I can go forwards and backwards on the presentation.
- It's cloud based and servers are really reliable.
- It's very easy to use.

Cons: All your work is saved and looks great in a Mindomo format. If you ever save it in another format it doesn't look the same, you feel you've lost your work, so you're somehow tied to Mindomo. I mean you have to be ready to make a long term commitment.

Very helpful

Reviewed on 06/06/2019
Andrea S.
GL
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Stable solution for my daily work.

Pros: Worked since ever with mindmaps on paper and Mindomo is my perfect digital solution for it. Moreover I can organize and share it better.

Cons: Some more creative tools would be great.

Simply collaborative

Alexandre C.
Managing Director
Machinery, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The fact that a map can be consulted from any plattform, shared with anybody and allow teams to collaborate

Cons: I miss a timeplan monitoring solution or task ispatch linked to outlook

good software

Manuel F.
ceo
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: god experience with a low learning curve

Pros: easy to use and simple
the presentation es clear and pdf exports are of good quality

Cons: ordering the nodes is sometimes difficult but not a big problem

Solid thought-mapping software.

Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Barney C.
Customer Care Supervisor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The ease of use and intuitive nature of the software let me capture my thoughts in a simple, straightforward manner.

Cons: I wish there was more customizability, and that it was easier or more intuitive to change the shapes, sizes and paths of my thoughts.

Mindomo: Simple yet Powerful

Reviewed on 21/05/2019
John R.
teachrt
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a rapid idea organization tool as well as an excellent way to organize and give presentations

Pros: I like the functionality and simplicity.

Cons: It is just a hair's breadth away from being an excellent project manager. It needs to send email notifications and manage dates a little more actively and it would be a swiss army knife

Best Mindmapping Software

Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Jaime andres A.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

Comments: I have been user since 3 years. Liked it a lot, use it a lot

Pros: Ease of use. Mapping features. Other plataforms integration. Cluod integration

Cons: Lack of good mobile or tablet app. The android one is too simple, lack of lots of PC features

best value

Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Dr. thomas J.
Thomas
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: easy to use, good functionalities, online and offline versions available

Cons: possibly more templates and layouts would be great