• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About Smartsheet

Smartsheet is an online work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, manage, automate, and report on work.

Learn more about Smartsheet

Showing 1,658 reviews

Melanie C.
Sr. Supervisor, HIT Business Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Versatile and Powerful Tool"

Comments: My company was already using Smartsheet for basic task tracking when I started. Upon discovering how we could use dashboards, our utilization took off! We have now designed solutions for departments company-wide, improving management's visibility to workloads and processes. It's impressive how many problems Smartsheet has been able to solve.

Pros: - Ease of Use - No need to involve programmers to create custom solutions
- Versatility - customizable sheets and dashboards for different departments and needs
- Support - AMAZING user forum, help pages, support department

Cons: Row and cell link limitations - I bump up against the cell link limitations often, although I can work around them by saving my metrics into multiple sheets.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Patrick H.
Procurement
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Solid software for quick and easy spreadsheets & Gantt charts"

Comments: While I prefer Smartsheet for Gantt charts, or quick and simple spreadsheets due to its ease of use, I have been disappointed with all of the other marketed features, and would recommend Google Sheets in general, since it is similarly collaborative, has better options for in-depth formulas, customizing of sheets and automated emailing with query's and G-script, and is free.

Pros: Smartsheet is my preferred software for Gantt charts, and for quick & simple spreadsheets. The formatting features are especially effective, such as easy indenting and quick checkbox options that can be used with formulas. Gantt charts on Smartsheet are quick and intuitive with all the options I would like to have. Dashboards can be a nice way to have an overview with links to different sheets if you have a project with several documents, and are willing to spend the extra time and money to set it up.

Cons: The big Con with Smartsheet is that it lacks the in-depth features of similar spreadsheet software that is also usually freely available.
Conditional formatting the way you would like it to work can take a surprisingly long time, as it can take many conditions (often one per column per action) to accomplish what you would think would take a handful.
Automatic email sending from sheets sounds great but is still not very fleshed out, and options are pretty limited.
Complex formulas usually need to be done in several hidden columns or they can end up taking large paragraphs of hard-to-edit text and numbers due to lack of formula options. This can also make complicated spreadsheets pretty slow.
Bugs occur infrequently, but make me prefer to double check important sheets.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Kristie S.
IT Business Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Efficiency, Simplicity and Life-Changing!"

Comments: I am a devoted Excel fan, and the first time I used Smartsheet, I hated. I thought it was a dumb version of Excel. But gradually others in the organization did more and more with it and I continued to have issues with Shared Workbooks in Excel, I finally decided to give it another shot, and this time I would really look at it. I then realized it had the power of Excel and SharePoint and Nintex Forms, all in one program that was way easier to use than most of the others. I went from hating Smartsheet as my PMO was dragging it into my department, to owning 117 sheets, countless automations and data mesh configurations and data uploader configurations in less than a year. I completely rely on Smartsheet to get my daily work done now and I have lost 2 FTE without feeling any real pressure to replace them. Smartsheet has helped my team that much. I have become a complete Smartsheet nerd.

Pros: My favorite thing about this software is the simplicity of creating a very complex set of sheets, automation and forms. I work as a business person within the IT department and it is a tough limbo to exist in. You aren't really IT's customer, but you are not as skilled as an IT professional. I am often left to my own devices and de-prioritized so they can concentrate on our true customers. Smartsheet provided me a system that I did not need my IT department help. I was able to create a set of products (on a very base level, my own small Enterprise Resource Program) entirely alone that has improved my efficiency, quality of work and accuracy! I needed nothing more than my own skills and occasionally Smartsheet's Solution Center.

Cons: I am unfond of a few of the tiny limitations. I wish that reports weren't limited to 500 rows per page, and if that limit must exist, I wish there was a function to skip to a specific page. I reference a report that has 400+ lines of data multiple times throughout the day and it's mildly annoying to have to skip through 9 pages on the report to get to what I'm looking for. I have also had very lukewarm success with Data Uploader. It does not work as expected about 50% of the time. I would honestly give up on it entirely if it wasn't SO useful the other 50% of the time. I waste a lot of time saving and resaving documents and deleting and recreating configurations just to get data to upload.

Director of Project Management
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Excellent project management tool!"

Comments: I joined my team in 2017 and was asked to establish our PM management system - knowing that I didn't have the budget for some of the more robust tools, I needed to find one that wasn't only user friendly but had all the capabilities I needed to create the complex timelines and reporting that I needed. Smartsheet was recommended to me and when I finally did a walk through I felt like it would be the perfect fit for my needs. Since then, I've been able to setup the platform and project management system for my team and we adjust it as needed along the way with ease. We also have been able to find uses outside of my project management needs to track form responses and other data management needs.

Pros: easy to set-up processes, ongoing product improvements and additions, great team capabilities, quick and easy adoption due to familiarity of tool to MS Project/Excel style, many different uses outside of projects timelines, very cost effective

Cons: interface feels dated (although they're continuously working on this) and not created for non-project team members, dashboard tool and capabilities could use some improvements, sometimes creating cross-functional sheets can be clunky and unnecessarily complex.

Sadaf G.
Sustainability Analyst
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2019

"SmartSheet- Highly recommended Project Management Software"

Comments: We have a global team of collaborators often working on the same document. SmartSheet, being a web-based collaborative tool makes it effortless to delegate and track tasks, allocate resources, and oversee budget in a concise form. The transparency in this tool is exemplary as one can view activity logs and track changes. Unlike its main competitor MS Project, SmartSheet is capable of tracking real-time workflow wherein changes made by one individual can be reflected across the entire team in an instant.
It functions spectacularly on a range of operating systems (I use it on iOS as well) and has proven to be a cohesive platform to visualize project data in real time, all in one place for all relevant team members to view and work on. I would highly recommend SmartSheet for teams who are looking for project management software that requires minimum training with maximum output.

Pros: SmartSheet is a cloud-based tool that helps Project Managers better align their resources, cost and time. Being a part of a virtual team responsible for collaborating whilst managing critical projects, Smartsheet has been indispensable in helping us track project timeline through interactive Gantt charts, establish critical paths, manage team resources, analyze budget and costs, in addition, to document sharing through OneDrive, Skype and even the app.
It is definitely reliable, has a simple user interface, flexibility in function, offers real-time data tracking through dashboards and training additional collaborators is uncomplicated. I love how SmartSheet offers a powerful conditional formatting feature, visualization of data that is editable and printable for presentations and has a spreadsheet-like interface (like Excel) yet is straightforward, unlike its counterparts.
Another thumbs up feature is that SmartSheet offers a 30-day trial wherein full functionality can be tested and project plans produced before actually investing in the software!

Cons: Our firm works from Sunday to Thursday (unlike the USA) and though they are advised well ahead, maintenance windows don't always align with our schedule, and we have to work around that. One attribute that can definitely be improved is the option of turning on auto-save, instead of manually saving the document. Often the development of a comprehensive project plan across several collaborators is quite intense and even if one of them fails to manually save the document, it is quite a hassle.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2019
IT Manager
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Fantastic Product"

Comments: Great customer service. Ever-improving features. 100% cloud so you can collaborate from anywhere with virtually any device (desktop and/or app). Smartsheet has become an indispensable part of how we run our business.

Pros: Smartsheet is an amazing product and helps keep our whole company on schedule and collaborating in real time. It is really flexible and easy to start using. Once you have used it for a while, you will want to do more and more with it, and there never seems to be a limit to what you can do. They are also constantly adding new helpful features. One that was really useful to me was a kanban view called cardview. But there is also classic spreadsheet view, gannt view, and calendar view. In addition to sheets, you can also run reports off the sheets which filter the data down for particular users or departments. These reports can be editable or read-only. You can also look at your data in real time using dashboards. We have been using Smartsheet for several years now, and we still feel like we are only scratching the surface of its capabilities. Another great feature is that you can have unlimited free collaborators. These people can use the sheets/reports/dashboard and enter data. However, it is only the paid users who can create and maintain the sheets. Over time, you may find more people in your organisation want to be creators, and it is easy to add licenses as needed.

Cons: There's not much I can say negative about this software. On rare occasions there can be unexpected outages or loss of functionality, but that is very rare indeed. There are sometimes maintenance windows on the weekend which can last up to 4 hours at a time, but these are advised well ahead of time. I think the only business that wouldn't want to use smartsheet is one that operates 24/7. If you are a normal Monday to Friday business, smartsheet will be fine for you.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Paula G.
Production Coordinator
Motion Pictures & Film, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Small Business gets a workhorse for a pony budget with Smartsheet"

Comments: For small business, affordable and versatile software that allows a team running in ten directions at once to stay on the same sheet of music and not miss a beat is an invaluable resource.

Pros: We are a video production company. Our small business needed software that could manage numbers, tasks and information in an affordable, user-friendly, sharable format. We get the muscle of spreadsheets with broad functionality for our office manager, multifaceted task management versatility of visually-rich Gantt charts for our producers, real-time multi-user file sharing, and the ability to access our projects and information remotely on location via our smartphones. We can create forms to amass customer information at trade shows; share files or sections of documents with clients; add photos, links, and conversations to ongoing tasks; and set important files up to be automatically backed up. Smartsheet is the busy creative team's dream!

Cons: On the very rare occasion that there is a server issue and the software is down, we whine like petulant children. We have come to rely on Smartsheet as it puts everything at our fingertips 24/7/365. We are spoiled and we know it!

Claudia B.
Supervisor, Business Analysis
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Smartsheet Organized Our Business"

Comments: My overall experience has been great. It's easy to learn if you already know how to use MS Project and excel. To me, it's a combination of the two, but with so many more features. I love the idea of the dashboard. It makes creating a centralized area so easy to deploy. I also love how the application looks professional.

Pros: Smartsheet is one of the best applications we've implemented in our company. When I started with the company 5 years ago, I brought Smartsheet to our IT department and asked if we can test it out to better organized our project intake. I didn't know after 5 years that we would add almost all staff within the company to start using Smartsheet. Now, it's a staple in our organization and I couldn't picture doing business without it.

Cons: There's a lot of upselling features. We've made it work so far, but it seems like anything we'd like to integrate with it, we have to pay the extra cost. I understand the business structure, but for the license price we're paying, I feel a lot of the additional features should be bundled with the application.

Mark K.
Timing Specialist
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Smartsheet for program management, tracking and reporting"

Comments: Managing and reporting of programs and equipment purchases through buy-offs.

Pros: The ability to collaborate on a sheet is great. Being able to customize the schedules to provide statuses of tasks using formulas on the sheet provided us the ability to report program statuses. Being able to generate reports and consolidate the data into dashboard customization for our needs. Being able to have all associated files in a workspace that be duplicated and reconfigured for a new program is good.

Cons: There are limitations on the sheet levels regarding cell referencing. Depending on the total set of formulas on a sheet there can be performance issues. Creation on charts with assigned colors can be an issue since you need a data point of greater than zero to assign a color.

Craig R.
Marketing Services Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2019

"Effective, costly super spreadsheet"

Comments: We used Smartsheet as a simplified task manager to replace another project management system and shared spreadsheet files. It was able to successfully manage the workflow and project load for multiple ecommerce websites and a high volume of online marketing activities, in addition to frequent new product introductions, all with a very small team. The management team really liked the results, but the users did not prefer using the software. Due to the high pricing, only 60% of the team had user accounts and the others had to report updates to be added.

Pros: Since it's based on a spreadsheet / table design, it is quick to learn and easy for team adoption. It's a great alternative for teams that have tried many of the more complex / visual project management platforms without much luck. At the end of the day, I found that project deadlines and tasks were updated and followed much more consistently in Smartsheet than several previous attempts. In addition, Smartsheet has one of the more extensive set of integrations, so virtually any sized enterprise platform or even niche software tool you use probably plays well together with it.

Cons: Though there are a variety of views and automation features embedded in the spreadsheet-like format, it ultimately is a powerful spreadsheet and generally offers somewhat less functionality than many teams expect from a fully featured project management tool, especially when it comes to visual organization. In addition, the software is overpriced in the age of comparable freemium tools (there is no free version outside of the trial). It is very difficult to justify the expense based on the feature set for moderately sized teams when there are many solid alternatives with better or more flexible pricing for smaller teams.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2019
Justin H.
Director of IT

"More than excel online"

Comments: We use Smartsheet in two primary areas. Area 1 - as a replacement for excel documents that are essentially static documents that were shared. Moving the documents to smartsheet has made sharing intentional because they are shared to named users, instead of general access on the file system. It has also made access of the documents easier because remote access is enabled by default. Your phone or home computer immediately has the files available. Area 2 - business process development. We use smartsheet to deal with business processes that involve multiple steps. A basic example is maintenance requests for equipment. We have a smart sheet which keeps a log of requests and the disposition of the request. A form was created that lives on our intranet. A request is made through the form which populates the smartsheet tracking the requests. When a row is created an alert is made to the support department. Logic on the smartsheet took data entered in the form and created the appropriate "action" link to the appropriate vendor supporting the equipment and set the status as in process. The user receiving the alert access smartsheet and have all of the information they require available to take action. At the conclusion of the maintenance request the records disposition is updated to completed (or the appropriate status).

Pros: Cloud based
Easy to share documents
Easy to setup basic automations around business processes
Full support for mobile devices and desktop compute
No training required to access "basic" features - if your users are excel users they are smartsheet users
Search options are incredibly powerful, and incredibly easy to access

Cons: Formatting options are better in excel.
Formula options are better in excel.

Kelsey B.
Marketing Content Coordinator
Sporting Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2017

"Smartsheet is an amazing tool to keep projects moving along!"

Comments: Smartsheet allowed me to personally increase the project management aspect of my role. It also allowed me to quickly and efficiently manage and update campaigns, content calendars and other key pieces of our marketing organization to keep projects moving forward.

Pros: Smartsheet is my all time favorite marketing software! Not only can you include and integrate project management, sales and other departmental functions but for marketing alone Smartsheet allows you to easily manage campaigns, events, content calendars, website and allows for initiative tracking (i.e. - results). Within each of these functions, you can assign users who are in charge of projects, enhance the internal communications by parties seeing where one is in the process and collaborate amongst many different departments. It truly allows for multiple business functions to be able to come together in one place for a strong marketing, sales and project management platform.

Cons: Smartsheet can operate very slowly when there is a large amount of data in a certain sheet. It decreases the strong user experience and also can make the process more cumbersome at times. The sheets can also be deleted with one click of a button and never be recovered again so you have to be mindful of your actions on the sheet and know all users who are using the platforms have been properly onboarded.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2017
Danny S.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Smart Sheet - Shared Excel without the Fear"

Comments: It has been great for collaboration and is easy for new users to learn - not nearly as daunting as Excel. It has helped us organize and streamline many things, and for project management it has been absolutely essential.

Pros: It is easy to use, web based, easily shareable, and very nimble, able to be used for a variety of applications.

Cons: Some of their support is more reliant on the community; logging in to view these things often takes you away from your original query. Would be nice if some Excel formulas worked without "translating" them to SmartSheet formulas (note: most formulas work just fine, but power users will find a few frustrating discrepancies).

Patti F.
Director of Procurement
Wireless, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Very helpful Software for team collaboration"

Comments: I was introduced to Smart Sheets over 2 years ago and it has been a great product to work with. The overall software is easy to use and building sheets can be done fairly quickly. It has been a great way to get information into one place and it has been a great tool to collaborate with our field teams. As a purchasing team, we need to get a lot of information in order to make sure that our orders are placed correctly and we have been able to use Smartsheet to do this. It is very flexible and when we need additional info, it's simple to add another column and then that field onto the web form. It has been an extremely helpful tool for my team and I look forward to the continued features to come!

Pros: It is a great way to actively collaborate with field teams and to get the information needed for actionable next steps. The web forms are easy to set up and can be used from Day 1. It also helps to eliminate the need for emailing back and forth to clarify the needs of the requester.

Cons: I don't like the new format where the attachments pop out from the right hand side of the screen. I also think that there could be some additional formulas added to mimic excel a bit more. Also, I think the web forms could be beefed up to allow for more features and types of columns. Creating dashboards is extremely complicated and should be made more user friendly.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Jamila G.
Project Task Management Consultant
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2020

"Best for collaboration and remote working"

Pros: It allows the team to collaborate while some members are in office and others are at work. Smartsheet can be applied to so many of the organisation's needs. We use this software for several things including internal data collection with forms, project management, meeting management and storing reference material.

Cons: Because of my experience with Microsoft Project I do sometimes get frustrated that some higher level functions are not there. For example, it would be great to export and print project dashboards as a form of reporting. For the price though, it gets the job done.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2020
Stephonáe N.
Digital Media Technician
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Smartsheets: Data and Project Management for the 21st Century"

Comments: This has been an incredible experience. The Smartsheet support team is highly responsive, they help troubleshoot, they've assisted in envisioning ways to make projects come to life through the program. Best customer service I've ever experienced.

Pros: I like that Excel users can transfer over relatively easily to Smartsheets. From there, almost anything you ever wished about Excel but could not accomplish, along with front-facing customization is possible.

Cons: I wish I could upload files to Smartsheet Dashboards without having to use Onedrive or Dropbox, as these are not HIPPA or FERPA compliant products. Also wish there was a mail merge option inside of Smartsheets instead of through Google Docs for the same reason. Maintaining data in one place (Smartsheets) is a high value to our department.

Stella H.
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Smartsheet Review for Projects"

Comments: I like the fact that you can export them into several versions, like Excel or PDF. Overall, this has been a positive experience.

Pros: Once I got used to using it, it was really pretty easy. I was a longtime Excel Spreadsheet user and the transition over was pretty easy. It was great for us since we have several people that work in the same spreadsheet at the same time.

Cons: I have used Excel to set up spreadsheets in the past. Sometimes they will not transfer over in the way I need them to.

Julia T.
Marketing CRM Coordinator
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Smartsheet Advocate"

Comments: It's such an effective tool for project management and communication for our team. I don't know what we would do without it!

Pros: I love the design of the application. It's familiar to Excel users because it's comprised of customizable spreadsheets. My favorite function is the ability to assign/update tasks to users and it can be set to send them email notifications immediately about the change.

Cons: Smartsheet is lacking in specific preferences. For example, you can set the daily notifications but you cannot select the time of day. This can be a little frustrating to some of us who receive the emails at 2am and overlook the notification within our inboxes.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Ashish V.
Sr. Project Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2020

"I use this tool as my personal assistance"

Comments: This is the best project mangement online tool I ever used. I am pretty impressed with all its feature and performance....I migrated most of my MS excel work activities to smartsheet.

Pros: 1.) Automatic reminder,
2.) Excellent speed
3.) Dashboard is ok which needs lot of improvements
4.) Request for update feature
5.) We don't need Admin license for entire team, will stop using it if smartsheet will ask licenses for each team members due to budget constraint

Cons: Dashboard needs more improvements
1.) It must introduce its own pivote
2.) It should provide a flexibility to generate reports when we click on charts

• Reviewed on 04/09/2020
Roger V.
Sr. Project Manager
Plastics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Great product and responsive company"

Comments: Smartsheet has been a game changer for us here at Excel. We use it every day to manage our internal flow of data and management of the hundreds of projects our PM team handles every year. The reporting and dashboard capabilities have revolutionized how we do business.

Pros: It's an easy to use and setup platform that has nearly all of the features you'd use in a standard project management software setup such as MS Project. On top of that, they have reporting and dashboard capabilities which is an absolutely HUGE value add.

Cons: Some of the features aren't the easiest to use, such as resource management

WHS Advisor
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

"Smartsheet"

Comments: experience has been great. the information is logical and easy to manipulate

Pros: what can i not praise about this product. it is a mix of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access. it's a spreadsheet you can store comments and attachments. works a lot like excel for calculation and the variety of ways to view your information is awesome. from Gantt charts to cards to calendar views, it's just awesome.

Cons: the attachment of files can be a bit hit and miss at times. they seem to look like their are saving and don't.

Scott B.
Senior Project Manager
Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 Employees

"Smartsheet For Architects"

Comments: We were looking for a tool that would let us track and assign project tasks to the team and be accessible everywhere.

Pros: Its cloud based project tracking/scheduling/task assigning tools are awesome to keep your team up to date on all project tracking needs from QA/QC reviews, model audits, sheet checklists, we use it for all of those things and more.

Cons: Inserting Images into cells is just copy/paste

Shannon simone M.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2019

"Smartsheet Will help you slay the project management dragon"

Comments: If you want to create a project management plan like a rockstar and feel confident that your data is going to look as good as the work that you put into it you have to use smartsheet and you can't afford not to give it a shot because a 30 day free trial with no credit card is almost unheard of today with the slap your credit card down before we give it a shot and you get a full robust set of features for your free trial I couldn't recommend it anymore it's an absolute winner.

Pros: I'm not an expert by any stretch on Gantt charts and project management but I was forced into a position to do a large project management plan that required spreadsheets Gantt charts and all the necessary tools of a robust project management proposal. I love the ease of use and the visual user interface of smartsheet. I initially tried to use Excel only to be frustrated with formatting cells and a big messy fragman fragmented plan. Smartsheet was relatively quick to learn easy to go back and edit and save and also easy to create a copy of a master plan that you may have created to reuse again. I would have never gotten through my project management crisis without smartsheet I can't say enough of how invaluable it is. It will make a project management newbie like myself look like a total Pro and the more you use it the more fun it actually becomes as you start to see your data be brought to life in a way that is easy to see easy to edit and easy to print. If you are a project management professional you cannot afford not to use Smart cheap it's that good.

Cons: Well there's a very generous 30-day trial and I love the fact that there's no credit card required it would be great if there was some use plans were a little less expensive for Less usage.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2019
Stefanie K.
Health Systems Coordinator
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Lots of customization options, increase to efficiency"

Comments: My favorite project recently has been creating a learning management system for a learning collaborative. Using a dashboard as the landing page I have been able to create modules with self-assessments, resources, videos etc on par with Canvas or Moodle. Still working out how to make a discussion tool.

Pros: Smartsheet provides the ability to fill needs like connecting data that had been stored across multiple, redundant or broken shared Excel files on a network drive, outdated Access databases, workflow automation around approvals, event and project tracking and even a collaboration tool with external partners and a learning management system.

Cons: Still a lag in some features being available like copy and paste widgets across dashboards (just released) or ability to upload files directly to a dashboard or have a list of attachments accessible on a dashboard from a linked sheet (or report). Working in state government this tool has been a gift when we otherwise had very little innovative software tools approved for use, particularly for collaboration with external partners.

Olivia S.
Senior Admissions Manager, Full-Time MBA and MSMS Programs
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"Great communication and project management tool"

Comments: I love using smartsheet for cross department and cross functional team project planning. This has helped increase efficiency by decreasing emails and allowing people across locations to see the same information and contribute as well.

Pros: I love how easy smartsheet is to use and track things. I use this to make detailed calendars for specific operations tasks that need to be completed each day, and love utilizing the alert feature so the responsible party is sent a reminder email on the specified date. Project collaborators can also leave comments on the tasks they are responsible for, or you can use conditional formatting to check off tasks that are complete. There is a lot of flexibility in how you use the software - whether it is for project management, checklists, or tracking any kind of info like a budget as well.

Cons: There are some limitations with the functionality of formulas, but I prefer the simple interface and other functions over excel.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2019