15 years helping British businesses

Preferred Patron Loyalty Reviews

About Preferred Patron Loyalty

Run a branded loyalty program with diverse promotions, including WeatherSmart™ Intelligence! Boost retention and drive growth.

Learn more about Preferred Patron Loyalty

Pros:

The level of service provided by Preferred Patron is excellent.

Cons:

Can sometimes be difficult to determine where I need to look for certain features.

Preferred Patron Loyalty ratings

4.8
5.0
4.8
4.9

9.5/10

Preferred Patron Loyalty has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 106 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Preferred Patron Loyalty before?

Danell
Danell
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Thank You, Preferred Patron!

Comments: Last year I began the search for a Loyalty Program (LP) for our Non-Profit Resale Boutique. We have a great many followers and I wanted to offer my shoppers another opportunity to save money while they support a great organization. Originally I thought I had better speak to several LP because I wanted to ensure the correct fit. Being a faith based non-profit I wanted to confirm to our board members, donors, volunteers and supporters that we were associated with a respectable company. When it came to the four other LP demos I participated in there were lots of LP that talk a good game, but Preferred Paton was the only company that was able to give me what I wanted. From their customer service to their tech support Preferred Patron has exceeded my expectations. Our customers have really enjoyed their membership in Preferred Patron. In a short amount of time our membership in Preferred Patron has surpassed a thousand members. Members are excited about their points and redeeming to the extent that current members recruit new members in the store. I can in good conscience report that Preferred Patron has given our customers a fun interactive way to save money with us

Pros:

Cons:

The tablet interaction with software isn't working like I had anticipated.

Amanda

Preferred Patron is my BIGGEST Marketing Tool

Comments: The program itself is great, but the customer service sets this company apart from the others. I cannot say enough how thankful I am to have chosen to work with Preferred Patron and I KNOW that decision is largely based on my overall experience with [sensitive content hidden]
and [sensitive content hidden].

Pros:

This program is an invaluable tool for my business. Not only am I able to market to my customers, I am able to track their in-store activities and purchases to then market the appropriate services or products for each individual. With over 10,000 members in my customer loyalty program, we have had an overwhelming positive response to the program itself. It excites customers to earn points towards discounts or prizes, and we are able to then continue to build a relationship with the customer. It allows for more interaction with staff and more possibility of a positive customer experience.

Cons:

Any issues I come across, are quickly and properly addressed by [sensitive content hidden] or [sensitive content hidden] . Their response time is amazing, even on weekends or holidays. With such a customizable program, I sometimes forget how to do something. Whenever I have had a question, Matt has responded with easy to understand, step by step instructions. He also follows up to be sure I was able to accomplish what I was having trouble doing.

Michelle
manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

We switched away from them

Comments: grumpy and condescending

Pros:

nothing really at all. At first they were helpful, but then...

Cons:

difficulty of creating newsletters, they were not flexible inworking with our needs.

Rick
President in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Awesome Loyalty rewards software

Pros:

We have had the pleasure of working with Preferred Patron for 6+ years. [sensitive content hidden] has been our contact support person from day one. [sensitive content hidden]was always very helpful and patient. [sensitive content hidden] was generous with his time and would offer us better ways to find solutions that we were seeking. Preferred Patron has provided us with top-notch service! Our requests were always answered immediately and resolution close behind from either [sensitive content hidden] or his team. The Preferred Patron Platform is very user friendly, and its capabilities are extensive, from simple emails and texts to raffles and coupons. Of all the vendors we’ve worked with, they are our “Preferred”.

Cons:

Do not have any negative things to say about the software or support.

Aaron
Operations Manager in Canada
Security & Investigations, 2–10 Employees

Top value for great service: A gem

Comments: Great. Has been the implementation of this program much easier and cheaper than doing it ourselves.

Pros:

Initially I was drawn to the value and the fact that they gave us the API. Their software wasn't invasive and was easy to implement. However we have used the customer support system a great deal since purchase to help us with any kinks or understanding. The support staff was always immediate to respond and extremely helpful. At no extra cost the fact they offer such gr at lifetime care at such a great cost is a blessing in todays marketplace.

Cons:

The help pages could do with some help for the operating side. It would help me clean us things quicker without having to bother the support.

Amanda
owner in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

service and using the program

Pros:

We have been using the program for over 8 years and it is easy and user friendly. We have 5 locations and it makes it very easy to use and share customer info with in our organization. [sensitive content hidden] is amazing and helpful every time I have a question or need to change anything.

Cons:

none at this time

Brad
pres in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

very happy with this service

Comments: they have been very helpful to expand our customer base and the program been easy to use and the company has been quick on answering questions we have had.
overall we highly recommend them

Pros:

help expand our customer base easy to communicate with then on customer programs the referral program makes it easy to introduce new customers from our existing customers

Cons:

overall the program has worked for us. in the beginning we had a handful of question that were handled by the product rep.

Cindy
Chief Creative Officer in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Preferred Patron has been vital to our success.

Pros:

The overall solution has been great for our business. We have seen an increase in business since using Preferred Patron.

Cons:

We have no cons - we love everything about Preffered Patron.

Stan
CMO in US
Apparel & Fashion, 51–200 Employees

The Best Loyalty Program to work with!

Comments: One of the best customer service teams. Always there for us. Great experience, highly recommend.

Pros:

Easy to implement and our customers are very pleased

Cons:

We have never had any issues, its a great product and very successful. I am impressed

Thom
Owner in US

A Positive Experience with PPL

Comments: It has delivered all that we expected and then some. We initially subscribed for month-to-month, but changed to annual since it has made a positive impact on our business.

Pros:

- Easy to implement - Easy to use - very intuitive - Ease of registering new members - Allows instant communication with all members for distribution of important information - Encourages return visits from customers

Cons:

- Does not integrate natively with all POS, though there is an API option, but for a small business that is taking on a lot - There could be some improvement to the Campaign module for event based activity.

Jessica
Retail, 2–10 Employees

I choose Preferred Patron 4 years ago because they were the only ones offering SMS text messaging.

Comments: Approximately 90% of my customers are enrolled in the program. With this program we have established a relationship with those customers. They benefit by getting 5% cash back on all their purchases and I benefit by being able to reach out to all my customers with Flash Sales that increase sales by approximately 20% on the days I do the SMS text blast.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to create SMS text message marketing campaigns. The customer service is top notch. I went to send out an SMS blast on Thanksgiving and I didn't have enough credits.

Cons:

The templates for email blasts are very confusing. It is not user-friendly. I stopped using the email marketing campaign part of my account and I now send all my emails through Constant Contact.

3 years ago

Hello Jessica. I am please to inform you that, since the time of your review, we have introduced a completely new email messaging module. It uses an email designer very much the same as what you are using with Constant Contact. I think you will be quite happy with it and we would be happy to review it with you.

Igor
Brand Manager in Canada
Used the Software for: Not provided

PROBABLY MOST AMAZING LOYALTY PROGRAM (yes BY FAR BETTER THAN royalty rewards i said it)

Comments: I am a member of the restaurantowner.com they recommended us Royalty Rewards - so fine, went through their scphiel, watched the video, and yes I was impressed. Then I did research on others just so I know how to approach these sales calls. Came across PreferredPatron, scheduled a demo with Brett. Let me tell you when I saw the features of Preferred Patron to that or Royalty Rewards I asked the rep from Royalty Rewards to stop calling me trying to close a sale. I'll be honest, the reason why is because they only took birthdays and thats it. I signed up with Preferred Patron, they explained the softweare amazing, I'm still learning all the amazing features. You will not be disapointed - I dont usually do reviews as the marketing guy because I have soemany projects but I have to tell you you need to get this program. I love data, i love data mining, i love targetting. SINGLEHANDEDLY MAIN REASON I BOUGHT THIS PROGRAM VS ROYALTY REWARDS IS BECAUSE IT LETS ME NURTURE THE GUEST RELATIONSHIP IN A PROFITABLE WAY AND KNOW THEIR SPENDING PATTERSN. the other one just sent a card out (AT A MUCH MUCH MUCH HIGHER COST). and let me tell you i see it every month when we do ROI on our marketing, our anniversary spending guests BY FAR spend more than the birthday guests! and royalty rewards doesnt even TOUCH anniversaries! save yourself headache, these guys know their stuff, they are avialable for help (even on weekends!), they take their time with you. i also belong to a local chamber and want to suggest to other 10 businesses to sign up for this but I DONT WANT TO BECAUSE I FEEL THIS IS MY COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE! our servers love this, its easy to use. our managers love it because it does everyhthing and eliminates million promotional codes. the only con to it is that it looks like a 1990's program it could be a bit more modern ..... i also thought a con was that it could only be used on windows and not macs ... but you know what ... i have a remote access program you can downlod and it'll let you remotely access pc from the mac and you can still you do your thing so its not really a con. the guys are there if you need help anyway, they legit return phone calls! asap! love love love it

Trevor
Key Account Manager in US
Gambling & Casinos, 51–200 Employees

Great one stop loyalty solution

Comments: Preferred patron is an end -to-end loyalty solution. It combines features found in other standalone solutions in an easy to use format. We handle most of our promotional and informational communications through the program. It has also allowed us to manage and grow our customer database. Overall it is a great product with excellent support.

Pros:

The program is very easy to use. It has most of the functionality of even higher priced competitors. The backend compatibility with Tango Card makes transactions easier. The level of service provided by Preferred Patron is excellent.

Cons:

There are no issues that jump out. We are happy with the software.

Jeff
Owner in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Well Above Expectations

Comments: Our small business had very specific needs and after much research found Preferred Patron. After learning the system and training on it we were quite pleased with the ease of use and my wife was especially pleased with the marketing abilities. I must say that we had 1 little speed bump on the install on one of our 6 registers; Brett at PP stayed well beyond hours (around 11pm) determined to fix it and he did! His willingness to help was a breath of fresh air compared to some other vendors we have used over the years. One last note: Yesterday I had a general training question and while I had them on the phone asked if I could have something changed in the software. He said that it was a fixed icon and probably not. Unbeknownst to me after we got off the phone he spoke with the guys that write their code and totally made it happen! I received a call a few HOURS later with, "hey Jeff I have some good news". He updated the software on our system in less than 10 minutes and it was done as I had asked. Being in a customer service based business I cannot say how much I appreciate the willingness for someone to go above and beyond to make a customer happy. We are a happy customer and have not even taken advantage of the marketing side of this software yet. Can only get better from here -Jeff Sheldon, Owner The Health Hut, Happy Customer

Pros:

Ease of use and willingness of company to help with any issue we may have.

Cons:

None yet

Bryan
Store Owner in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

The Preferred Patron Loyalty Program is Perfect for Us!

Comments: Two years underbelt and I'm still very satisfied! I operate a small chain of self-serve yogurt cafes with two check-out registers at each store. I had originally thought about a tablet system by Belly. I see it in use a 7-Eleven. However, I wanted a spend based system instead of a visit based "check-in" style solution, as I believe a family of 5 deserves more credit than a individual customer, so a "check-in" based solution would not work that well for us. I was initially hestitant about using a cashier facing system. I was concerned that our lines would get backed up if we had to spend time enrolling new customers, as we often have a line out the door. Let me tell you, with this program I quickly learned this was not an issue at all. New customers are simply handed a new card, which we swipe for points immediately on their first visit. Customers earn points based on purchases but cannot redeem those points until they first activate their card online, providing name, email, and phone, either from home or using our in-store customer tablet! There's even a nice "reminder" sticker on the face of the cards, with all necessary directions for activation on the web! The program runs on a tablet, so it takes little counter space, and it's quick and simple for our cashier's to apply customer points based on sales. Another aspect I really appreciate is the ability to process Gift Cards (at no extra cost) using this system. No more tracking partial balances for paper certificates in a hand written notebook! I can't say enough about this system and the support that has comes with it. It works flawlessly and efficiently!

Becky
Operations Manager

Fantastic Rewards Program... Unbeatable Price And Incredible Support

Comments: We have done newspaper, radio, television and email promotion with various programs. Patronflex is by far the best and most cost-effective advertising and customer-relations tool we have found. Overall... A BIG Thumbs Up!

Pros:

This feature-laden software allows us to replace most of our print advertising with a consistent customer email campaign every 10 days. It coordinates our rewards program with our advertising promotions and gift card program. Customers are entered at point-of-sale and each receives a personalized email welcome message that night, followed by our ad campaign email every 10 days. Birthdays are recognized with a mailing during the customer's birthday month with additional discount offer. Cost of the entire program is very low considering its many facets. Help is always abundant, friendly and immediate when needed. Frequent Program updates offer ease of use and opportunity for additional promotions to keep our rewards program fresh for our loyal users. Our customers welcome each email and we have only received positive feedback. Our customers truly seem to appreciate the direct and immediate rewards.

Cons:

We have found no problem in using the program. Time invested in learning the many features of the program and the new updates has proven well worthwhile

Melissa
Used the Software for: Not provided

Patron Flex is FANTASTIC!

Comments: We wish we would have found these guys soooner! They have given us support, ideas, and excellent customer service. When we first set it up, they took all the time we needed to answer questions and help us implement the program exactly how we wanted it. and designing it to fit our unique needs. The program is effortless, effective, and powerful. We can't say enough good things about what this company and its product have done for us. We'll never use anything else.

Pros:

Before we found Preferred Marketing's "Patron Flex" system, we were spending $400-$600 PER MONTH with a loyalty system that was slow and cumbersome. Now, for a fraction of the price, we have information at our fingertips. We can implement programs and promotions with a few simple keyboard strokes. Our customers always know how many points they have and what rewards they're eligible for. We don't have to depend on the postal system to mail birthday cards or updates. "Patron Flex" is a fantastic system invaluable to our marketing and overall success.

Cons:

None. On an extremely rare occasion, I've had to ask a question after regular business hours, and the contact is made through e-mail rather than a person-to-person conversation. While I always prefer direct human contact, the e-mail method works well with quick and accurate answers to my inquiries.

Used the Software for: Not provided

Excellent product, backed up by steller customer service!

Comments: If you are in the market for a rewards program, you really do owe it to yourself to check out Patronflex. The variety of features, ease of use, customer support, flexibility and price are all excellent.

Pros:

After much research we purchased Patronflex 7 months ago. We wanted an 'in house system' that was easy to set up and use. We wanted to be able to tailor it to our needs quickly, and often. We wanted it to be exciting for our customers, and we did not want to spend a fortune. Patronflex easily met all of these needs. Our customers LOVE the rewards program that Preferred Patron helped us to set up. This is our first rewards program, and we were unsure of how proceed in a way that would get the customers excited about using their rewards card. Preferred Patron advised us every step of the way, and I can comfortably say that our program is a complete success. It is easy to use and is generating more traffic than I had imagined a rewards program could. The most exciting feature of this program is the email capabilities. It allows us to pinpoint marketing to specific groups of customers, regularly and easily, thus avoiding email burnout.

Cons:

We have encountered no problems with Patronflex.

ASHLEY
Marketing Manager
Used the Software for: Not provided

BEST loyalty software/program available.Outstanding marketing capabilities! Extremely BENEFICIAL!

Comments: Cannot articulate enough the ease of use and integration for us into our business, especially because we are not the typical industry that offers a loyalty/reward program. This software and design of the Preferred Patron program allows us to set the standard for customer loyalty rewards in the auto repair industry. The benefits continue to grow as we use the program and develop it more and more.

Pros:

-Customer Service is incredible. I have never experienced such great & reliable service. -Our account manager was very knowledgable & helpful by working with us through the entire development of our loyalty program. -Software is extremeley user friendly and easily customizable to fit our business. -Training and support is extremely informational and allows an easy integration into our standard operating procedures. -There are endless marketing possiblities with this software and our customer's response is overwhelmingly positive.

Cons:

- The only con would be that my lack of knowledge in developing a loyalty/reward program made it difficult to create the reward list. Our account manager was successful in not only walking us through using the program but also assisted in developing our reward schedule and promotional ideas.

Leighann
Certified Orthodontic Assistan

Our Patients Love Patron Flex

Comments: Our experience with Preferred Patron has been fantastic. Their customer service and support is unmatched. We've never had a question or request that wasn't addressed promptly. It's made our Alvetro Ortho Rewards program the talk of the town. We love this program!

Pros:

Prior to implementing the "Patron Flex" system, we gave wooden nickles to our orthodontic patients which could be redeemed in our office for rewards. Patients often lost the nickles, and it was difficult to track whether patients had received and redeemed them. With Patron Flex, our patients have no worry of losing their earnings, and we love having the ability to track points earned and redeemed, as well as easily recognize patient birthdays and anniversaries. Many similar programs targeted to orthodontists require patients to redeem points online, taking away the personal aspect of a patient stopping by our offices to pick out the reward they've been saving for. Preferred Marketing Solutions has been fantastic every step of the way. Training our staff to use the program was a breeze, and being able to customize the system for our purposes has been easy and invaluable.

Cons:

Absolutely none!

Laurie
President in US
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

Customer support is amazing for this product

Comments: Customers love free stuff, Preferred Patron helps us help them and not lose money.

Pros:

Even though it was not the easiest for me, as a non-technical person to learn, once [SENSITIVE CONTENT] with customer service walked me through it, I felt much more confident and I really liked the product. It's easy for our customers to use and that is the most important factor.

Cons:

No negatives, once you learn how to use the program, it's pretty easy.

Jeanie
CCO in US

Outstanding, Excellent, and Punctual

Comments: Couldn't be more grateful to have come across preferred patron. They're honestly the best investment you'll ever make and can rely on them to the fullest. Customers are fully satisfied and i love using it!

Pros:

User Friendly, Professional, Customisable, Affordable, Reliable, Multi Functional, plenty of marketing campaigns to choose from, capability to suit your business needs as well as your customers, and so much more!

7 years ago

Thank you Jeanie. It's been a pleasure supporting your team during the launch of your MoM&PoP Community Loyalty Program across Long Island. We are impressed at how fast you hit the ground running, building an impressive base of participating merchants, in such a short time frame. We're confident in your success and proud to be powering your MoM&PoP program with our Preferred Patron technology! The benefits to the Long Island Community and associated charities is certainly a win-win for everyone!

Jim
Service Manager
Used the Software for: Not provided

Awesome product, unbeatable price.

Comments: I would recommend this program for any business that is looking for growth and wants to retain the clients they have. We finaly have a reason for them to come back to us.

Pros:

Automated email reminders keep you in front of your customers. Easy to track customer's points and redemptions. The gift cards work great for policy and goodwill adjustments. We even gave a few out during Christmas. We sell our loyalty cards and all the redemptions are removed from that sale account. In the last two years after paying for the program, cards and all redemptions, we have generated over 58k in reserve. Patronflex continuely is upgrading the program at no additional cost. Brett has been wonderful to work with.

Cons:

It does not pull the info directly from our DMS. But neither does anyone else I have researched. I don't want any dealers in my market to know about Patronflex.

3 years ago

Good news Jim! We have formed a relationship with DealerVault and now have the ability to pull your customer and sales data directly from your DMS!

Tim
owner/operator in US
Retail, Self Employed

Simple to integrate and a valuable customer service tool.

Comments: Doesn't take a large amount of my time to operate the program which allows me to spend more time with my customers.

Pros:

Customers can look up their reward points in real time. I can easily keep track of customer trends and redemption of rewards. Easy learning curve. Exceptional tech service from the company. Compared to my previous reward program Preferred Patron is a much welcome change.

Cons:

Initially I had to purchase a window based tablet because my store still runs on an electric cash register and not a POS system. I found one reasonably price online.

paul
owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

excellent

Comments: The access to better be in contact with my patrons.

Pros:

what i like most about this software is that is simple to use and like that it advertises my logo well on the tablet.

Cons:

what i like least about this software is that the interface could be a bit bigger. Buttons are a bit small.

6 years ago

Hi Paul. Thank you for the kind words about our software. To address your concerns regarding button size, we are shipping you a larger tablet, which will increase the size of the interface and buttons for you. A representative will be contacting you to review. Thank you again!