15 years helping British businesses

About ActivityHD

ActivityHD, a flexible and comprehensive ERP system allowing the sophisticated accounting department to manage the enterprise.

Learn more about ActivityHD

Pros:

I love the use of live data. The functionality of the software to generate financial statements within minutes is phenomenal.

Cons:

Inability to create a Trial Balance report for a group of specific cost centers.

ActivityHD ratings

4.5
5.0
4.7
4.7

9.5/10

ActivityHD has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 48 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ActivityHD before?

Barbara
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Activity HD

Comments: Reconciling a 50 page bank statement used to take days - now it can be done in an hour. We write a minimum of 200 checks a month to one time vendors every month. This used to take 1 1/2 days a month, now it takes literally five minutes (less if my printer was faster). These are the most professional people I have ever worked with. They are always accessible. They do what the say. They deliver what they promise and more. They took the time to learn my business needs and suggest ways the software can work for us that I never even dreamed could be possible. Activity HD is like a living, breathing thing that changes and grows to meet changing needs. I have never felt "locked in" to a product that is not flexible and can't keep up. This have been, and continues to be, a great experience. The entire support team has a background in accounting and understand. There are no support levels - you get a "Level 3" every time any one them pick up the phone. The implementation experts are just that - experts. They prepare you and stick with you until they decide it time to be turned over to support. I highly recommend Activity HD and nQativ to anyone.

Pros:

We are a healthcare facility that uses Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management Software. Activity HD imports data from our EMR software into our accounting program in seconds every month. There is nothing I have needed that it does not do, and dozens of things it does that never dreamed a software could do! I have worked 45 years in the accounting field and used many different accounting softwares, but this is by far the best ever in every way. There is nothing I have needed that it can not do.

Cons:

The things that make it so great and so flexible are also the things that make learning it different from other software. If you expect the same "old software" this is not for you. Because of this, the first couple of weeks it was a little overwhelming but now looking back I can't remember why. Twenty-one months into it's use, I have absolutely no regrets about our choice.

Jennifer
Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

Accounting Software Made for ALL Users

Comments: We have been with the ActivityHD family of companies for over 20 years, back when they were a DOS based software. The full packages is unmatched. We currently use all packages that the software offers, and run multiple companies in the software. Our payroll has been cut down from 2 days to 3 hours; I can now monitor our sales department through the contracts package; bank recs take minutes, not hours. I also rely on the security features that ActivityHD offers. Users can be restricted to certain packages, and then only limited parts inside that package. You never have to worry about a random user seeing payroll data, or any other sensitive information. ActivityHD is also pairing with other companies and providers to add addition services - like timekeeping and employee on-boarding - that integrates directly into the software. They are on the cutting edge of technology but keep a customer service level that is second to none.

Pros:

ActivityHD is the most comprehensive accounting package out there. It is built for all aspects of your business, not just payroll, or general ledger. The ability to run purchase orders and contracts directly through the software and feed into your accounting suite is a game changer for the industry. The software is also easy enough for an entry level bookkeeper (or non-accounting staff) but offers reporting and features that the most demanding controller or CEO will find exceeds expectations. The software is also fully custom, allowing you to use a single piece, or the entire package. This is not an off-the-shelf purchase and you never hear from the company. From the sale, to the implementation, and to the random issues you have throughout the year, you are in constant contact with the ActivityHD team, and they become an extension of your business, and in some cases, valued friends.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints - the programmers are open to any suggestion you have about the software, and are constantly upgrading based on those requests.

Rizzalie
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Customer Support is outstanding

Comments: Customer support is outstanding, however, there are a lot of features that is not possible in the system especially integration. There is other software who does better which is cheaper.

Raechelle
CFO in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Activity for Fairs

Comments: Activity has enabled the annual audit process to be less intrusive to my time. I enable auditors to have read access into our books during the field work time of the audit. The auditors are able to look into the system without me having to pull records for them to review. This invaluable feature allows me to continue with daily operations during the audit period and allows the Audit to be a less stressful experience!

Pros:

I love the use of live data! The functionality of the software to generate financial statements within minutes is phenomenal! The ability of the system to reduce journal entries because of the accounts payable & account receivable systems to do accrual with the extra GL feature makes operations more efficient! I love that nQativ is constantly working with it's client base to look for improvements to the software to help clients make accounting of their company extremely efficient!

Cons:

By no fault of the software, some users find it difficult to learn all the different modules and formulas. Maybe more training demos on the internet would help some new users on setting up their company and settings on their computers.

Judy
HR/Payroll Administrator Banking Officer in US
Banking, 501–1,000 Employees

Payroll Software

Comments: Awesome!

Pros:

My most favorite thing about Activity is the imports, City Bank has lots of extra benefits and the imports make my job so much easier. Not to mention as large as we are we need something that makes us more efficient, and the large amount of information that goes into each payroll the imports helps with errors. Second favorite thing is the support Activity gives you, I never have to wait long when there is a problem on payroll and I need assistant. they always go beyond the call of duty to take care of you and a very timely manor. They are always very kind and they never make feel uneducated.

Cons:

Leave Balance, I don't like that when swipeclock goes into payroll it allows a negative balance. There is a filter we have to use after each payroll to take care of negative balances. I also wish that we could get our swipeclock leave balance to be more like our payroll portal. Activity support group has been wonderful at helping us come up with ideas as swipeclock never had a leave balance before, with the help of Activity we now have one and our employees love it more so then the payroll portal. This con is working process so over all we have come along way and I greatful for the support team at Activity.

Joanna
Accounting & Finance Manager in Canada

We are in the Agri-Food Sector. All divisions from farm to fork use Activity HD.

Pros:

Our business is complex with Grain operations, Livestock management, Meat Processing and Food Retail. Our bricks and Mortar operations are centralized in Alberta, Canada but other divisions span international operations.   Because of the variety of area's we are involved in we need customization that is easy to work with, and the ability to work with data in a variety of areas in a variety of sources. ActivityHD is the best tool I have and whenever a new opportunity arises in our business or a new feature is released, I'm always looking for what more ActivityHD can do for us. At the end of the day I know I have great training tools for my team and excellent support should I need it.     Whatever business you are in, and whichever package you are considering.  I highly recommend to talk to the nQativ team about what they can do for you.

Cons:

The team at nQativ hasn't created a product which can clone me yet - but they are working on it :).

Diane
Accounting Department in Canada
Food Production, 501–1,000 Employees

The Customer Services is amazing!

Comments: Customer Service is what this company is about. Not only is the software incredible, but their customer service that backs it up is what counts for me. The response time to any email query is almost instant - and not a robot reply. Sometimes I feel like I'm their only customer! I bet they say the same thing! :) I should clarify - the reason I contact customer support is for expanding my knowledge of the software. Not because it isn't working properly. Yes, there is a learning curve with this software - there are lots of details to learn but I think that's because its so powerful. There are sometimes quirks but the 'patches' come quicker than the user spots them. My bank reconciliations are the easiest I've ever experienced, AP and AR reports are extremely detailed and very customizable. We recently started using the Asset module. We used to have a very cumbersome and very large excel spreadsheet - no more spreadsheet! Updates and improvements are always happening and they listen to their customers needs and wishes.

Pros:

The depth of what it can do.

Daniel
CFO/CIO in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great to work with

Comments: Easy to use and whenever I have a question, I get an immediate response - answering my question in 90% of the cases on the first reply.

Pros:

Very easy to use, once it is set up. Easy to import and export massive amounts of data, whether it be employee based data or invoice/payment based data.

Cons:

There are no basic templates to start up with. If you are starting from scratch, you must build everything from scratch. Chart of Accounts, Pay Codes, Financial Statements. Perhaps some predefined templates to choose from - at least to get started - for those that want to be more involved in the setup. nQativ does a great job setting it all up for you - but once again - you must know what you need and want.

Government Administration, 501–1,000 Employees

Fantastically Functional

Comments: Great software and great people to support it!

Pros:

This program has a depth of options and functionality that allow you to tailor it to your specific needs. The options that are there allow you to use the software other than just its intended use. It does accounting well but you can also use the software to track inventory, generate cases, maintain notes and client information as well as many other things. Support staff is very helpful and the developers work hard to continuously improve their product.

Cons:

Would be nice if it had a dedicated CRM module.

Performing Arts, 11–50 Employees

Robust, High Quality Software

Comments: ActivityHD has allowed my finance department to be efficient and flexible to the needs of the organization.

Pros:

ActivityHD is extremely robust and provides accurate, up to the second reporting.

Cons:

Because the software is so flexible and robust, the processes are not always the most straight forward. Training is required!

Kevin
Assistant Controller in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51–200 Employees

Easy to Use ERP System

Comments: My overall experience with ActivityHD has been positive. I like the download to Excel and the ability to then manipulate that data in many forms. I also like the process of the Financial Design where you can drill back into Activity to see the details directly from Excel.

Pros:

The process of creating W2's, ACA Forms & 1099's for year end reporting is a simple to use part of the program. Being able to automatically create a pdf attachment of the document being generated to the record that is be created is a huge time saver and makes it very easy to reproduce that document at a later date upon request.

Cons:

The one thing I like least is that when I am looking at my Trial Balance I don't have the ability to drill into the activity of that account. Being able to do this would be a time saver when reviewing GL data.

May
Accountant Supervisor in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Love Activity; very intuitive and easy to use accounting software

Comments: I think Activity HD is a great accounting software to use.

Pros:

I love how Excel is integrated into Activity HD, from financial designs to imports and export.

Cons:

I can't say I dislike anything because there are still so many features in Activity that I have not used yet. I do have issues with financial design being too slow to save. It may be due to internet or network connection issues.

Barbara
Controller
Civic & Social Organization, 51–200 Employees

Team at nQative

Comments: We have been live on Activity for exactly 2 months. Aside from the normal "frustration" involved in any major software switch, it has been a good transition. The team that has guided us through this process has been amazing. They are pleasant, helpful, calming, knowledgeable and professional that know and love the product they represent. We have a complicated system with multiple cost centers within multiple departments and Activity, from the first months close, gave me everything I needed with the push of a button. If it was not built into the basic program, the transition team built it for me. I am very happy with my decision.

Pros:

Flexibility. This software gives me everything I need. We import time from our time clock. Payrolls used to take over two hours, now they take about 10minutes. I love the reports I am able to pull down. I was concerned about being on the cloud - new experience for me, and thought it that it might not respond quickly or be secure but it is. I love the flexibility of being able to log in from remote locations with ease.

Cons:

I think the terminology the software uses was the biggest confusion. If you have occasion need to do more than one payroll in a day, you have to go through a few hoops to get there. There are more steps to every process than I am used to, but, I have the flexibility to correct a coding error or void a transaction without making a journal entry which is wonderful.

Renee
Accounting Administrator in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Best Accounting Software in the industry

Pros:

I have been using Accounting Ware's Accounting software since 2004. This software is intuitive and user-friendly. I use other accounting products on a different level, in comparison, Activity HD, there is no comparison.

Cons:

A payroll program is when you don't have programming knowledge.

Jeremiah
CFO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Everything you need in an Accounting System

Comments: I have been using Activity for about 3 years. It is by far my favorite accounting system. The payroll module is by far the best and most comprehensive in-house payroll system I have ever seen. We run 5 unions through it as well as a variety of different pay scenarios. There is also a built-in PO system that works for the entire organization. Everyone in my organization is trained on how to use and report out of Activity. The biggest drawback is its flexibility. I highly recommend this program, especially for Performing Arts companies.

Pros:

Customer Service, Reporting, and customization.

Cons:

It is very flexible and you need to know what you are doing when you set it up.

Michelle
Accounting in US
Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

Activity HD is awesome

Comments: My overall experience with ActivityHD has been great. We used to use BusinessWorks and this is SO much better.

Pros:

allowing multiple dates in one journal entry the functionality - you can navigate around easily and can figure it out without using help mostly the support team is excellent - they've walked me through several issues having the fixed assets included in one program having to merge - gives you time to review entries and correct them if need be before actual posting

Cons:

getting the newest version of excel broke the financial design part - wouldn't run and we're still having issues getting around that

Mayger
Account Technician in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Payroll/Benefits

Comments: Nothing but great experience with Activity HD!

Pros:

Payroll reports, easy to work with and customer service above and beyond from Brett Burgess!

Cons:

attaching files individually to the AP invoices.

Vickie
Accounting Officer Specialist in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51–200 Employees

Activity HD Review

Comments: This software has any number of valuable records keeping functions that allow for specialized formatting. It is also very easy to teach a new user how to access and create reports; post revenues and expenses. The system can be made as simple or as intricate as the need arises

Pros:

It is user friendly and can be programmed to suit an individual fair's needs. Financial documents can be created and reused.

Cons:

Sometimes the system wants to make it's own corrections which leads to errors

Brian
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Extremely Flexible

Comments: Activity offers an extremely flexible and robust system. Their Payroll module in particular can handle any situation you throw at it. They have multiple reporting functionality, including in app views, pdf reports, data stream export to vba application (Excel, Word, etc.), and most recently OData streams powering their REST API. Their security is robust and flexible. They use VBA macros to power in app automation (called Bots) and Excel based data imports. Their customer service is fast, knowledgeable, and friendly. I couldn't be happier with an accounting system.

Matt
CEO in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201–500 Employees

Great Product for Company

Pros:

A custom software that can be used for an entire company in all aspects of the accounting system. Including asset management, payroll, and bank rec. It ties back to the General Ledger account codes and is very easy to manipulate.

Cons:

It can be tough to manage the formulas that handle the expressions and computations behind the scenes.

Amanda
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

Great Software

Comments: Great experience.

Pros:

We love the ease of use with this software. We are able to do all of our accounting functions with this one program. It is user friendly and we have been able to easily train all of our new employees to use it. Customer support is top notch.

Cons:

We really don't have any cons on this software.

Andie
Accounting Tech in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Customer Service is outstanding!

Comments: Activity HD has been a great asset to our organization. The features are helpful and allow greater time management for our payroll department. The greatest part of Activity is the customer service.

Pros:

The different modules available for human resources and payroll. There are help tabs that bring up step by step instructions.

Cons:

It can be a bit hard to "drill down" to find something.

Trevor
Payroll Assistant in US
Arts & Crafts, 201–500 Employees

Activity is awesome!

Comments: I think it is a great program and I would recommend it to other financial professionals to implement in their work place. I don't think this program is as popular as it should be in the accounting world, but this is the program I have used most so it is hard for me to put it up against other accounting software's.

Pros:

Activity is easy to navigate and have many great tools to make my job easy. It is the accounting software that I have used most in my short career, but I think it is amazing!

Cons:

Sometimes when there are updates to the system functions will change in Activity and will cause problems for my daily tasks, but once I report these issues to the nQativ they are resolved quickly.

Debra
Director of Finance in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Easy & Intuitive to Use

Comments: Very surprised at how thorough this program is, considering the quantity of accounting programs available.

Pros:

1 - ability to combine duplicate customers and/or accounts 2 - ability to develop reports intuitively

Cons:

Without doing regularly, it's hard to figure out how to do some things - like creating filters & views as examples.

Bobby
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

ActivityHD 12-12-2016 Review

Comments: MBF has been a user since July 2012. The software has allowed MBF to become more efficient and productive. The software is very powerful, and the customer support MBF has received has been exceptional.

Pros:

The data that it allows MBF to capture and report on.

Cons:

Its complexity - which I believe is due, in part, to our company's complexity and uniqueness