ProWorkflow Reviews

by ProActive Software

Filter by:

• Overall

About ProWorkflow

ProWorkflow is an industry leading and much loved project, task and workflow management software.

Learn more about ProWorkflow

Chris G.
Partner
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Invaluable tool for our business, we love it!"

Comments: We work with PWF multiple times a day, every day. We have seen continued commitment to always making the product better. We rely (without worry) on this tool, and it helps us manage and grow our business

Pros: Simple but robust, does everything we need from time tracking, project/task management and assignment to invoicing

Cons: Might not have been the coolest looking option to start with but has gotten steadily better, but regardless, the functionality is the key and it doesn't disappoint

Tyson C.
Tyson C.
Digital Marketing Manager
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Great platform"

Comments: Fantastic staff. We have a complex setup using a request for and through their team, and the team at Zapier, we've created great functionality for all types of requests. All of our designers and marketing staff use PWF to maintain over 2,500 requests to-date.

Pros: Fantastic PM platform for teams with multiple users all looking to collaborate on projects down to the task level. Due dates are great to keep things on time. API integration into BOX is huge for us. We also take advantage of Zapier integration to allow the information import from complete online request forms automatically into the project request.

Cons: Some features could be added to improve usability. The option to send a message or file to anyone via email address, not just registered users, and let them respond. The ability for those non-registered users to view a project for say, status, or who is assigned to it. Or the option to give outsiders the ability to view a project status in process. Also, a process for project/task reviews by non-users. For example, a triggered message with a button to approve, or reject, or provide feedback that feeds back directly into the platform. Our users would also like more customization on the "Home" screen as to which detail is displayed rather than the default info.

Scott M.
Consultant
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2021

"Best combination of features and ease of use"

Comments: Overall experience is great. One of our business verticals needed a better way to intake and triage a large number of low-complexity projects that consist of the same general set of tasks. PWF's feature set with project and task templates made this very easy. Additionally, the excellent user interface made PWF a great way for users to not just manage their projects/tasks related to this business line but to also use it to manage their work from other business verticals too (i.e. more personal project management software). We got to a comfort level where we deployed the ability for some of our customers to directly send project requests through the software which further streamlined our processes and also made the customers happy that they could now have insight into project progress and interaction with the team assigned. Again though, the key was the overall user interface which made user adoption easy; something we'd struggled with using other project management software.

Pros: The user interface is fantastic. Super clean. Easy to navigate and made overall learning curve for all users nice and short. One thing I learned after a couple of years of having deployed other work/project management software is that the software is only useful if people use it. Sounds obvious, but if something is complex and requires lots of time to learn, or the user interface isn't quite as intuitive, then the adoption rate won't be as high and the entire purpose gets defeated. PWF is so thoughtfully laid out and the features are in obvious places that basic users were able to be effective after just a few minutes of hands-on exploring. Our adoption rate was nowhere near these levels prior to deploying PWF.

Cons: The feature set compared to some of the bigger competitors in this space was a little less robust. However, depending on what you need it may be just fine, as it was for us. There were some things that others had that PWF did not, but for us those were less critical. My one gripe is that the development of this software has gone in fits and spurts. We've been with PWF for almost 5 years now and just recently did we start to see developments/improvements be deployed at a somewhat regular cadence. Again though, we made the decision to go with PWF based on its featureset originally so the new improvements are just gravy to us.

Georgia P.
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"Powerful, Genius, Highly Tailored!"

Pros: ProWorkflow is a big secret that people don't know about. I have seen it all, and I have tried it all- You name the tool, and I've seen it. I have been continuously looking for the exact thing that would work for my situation, making me a national expert on what other tools are out there and ProWorkflow does the job! What's great is that no one else has been able to steal this- ProWorkflow is genius - I understand that the first 30 days takes learning and I was committed to being a power user and thought it was amazing that someone would call me! The CEO himself as well! His dream and vision are clear, and it takes a particular kind of person to create this. My clients love the reports and how instantaneous it is. I tell my clients about ProWorkflow and when they into the tool and see what it's all about they go "what! this is couture software but at Walmart prices!! ProWorkflow is like my car- I know it's going to be there when I need it and work when I get in the car. ProWorkflow is powerful! The folks that thought this up - are geniuses and this goes back to one thing, the customer experience, and research and this is what the CEO did. He created ProWorkflow from the experience from the customer of the customer.

by ProActive Software on 13/05/2018

Thank you Georgia!

• Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Dianne S.
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"ProWorkflow is a flexible tool for project planning and more"

Comments: We are still learning to take advantage of all the valuable tools PWF offers for project planning and time management. The tools we are using have helped us realize the actually amount of time we should be allocating for different project types as well as keeping tasks / projects slipping through the cracks.

Pros: Variety of ways of tracking time (from pre-planning the day or week to tracking as you work)
Mobile app as well as other online apps work well.
Project planning and allocating time for tasks are great to analyzing how much time to allow for projects and tasks.
Templates for tasks / workflows makes it easy to plan out projects.
Integration with Google maps is very handy when traveling to client's homes or project sites.
Integrates well with Xero, after company is manually added into Xero (see con below), for sending over invoices and keeping track of invoice payments.

Cons: I like knowing what features / improvements are in the works for software / online tools I use. With PWF there really isn't a way of knowing what's in the planning stage from the developers.
Xero integration would be better if we could import companies / contacts into Xero rather than having to add to Xero manually.
Events would work better if they would show on task lists. Currently the only place to see them is on the calendar view.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Gina G.
Practice manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"Organising our projects in PWF"

Comments: We are not using all of he features of PWF - only really using it to time-track some monthly projects and track certain types of billing. The projects help us track our work on projects and also accurately invoice our clients. I know PWF is capable of doing more, but haven't had the need to use the other features.

Pros: We enjoy being able to load a task template each month for repeating projects.
Also having multiple people able to track their time in the projects from various locations.
Being able to print reports of tasks and times inside of the projects.

Cons: It is a bit "buggy" in certain browsers - ie Can't seem to be able to create a pdf (in chrome) when wanting to print a "tasks and time" report so I just "print" it and then save as pdf that way....also, unable to open new project and use template in one of the browsers (Safari I think). There is usually a workaround though. I find the archive section a little difficult to navigate when I need to search for quite a few archived projects ie when you hit the back button it takes you out of the archive page, but perhaps I've overlooked something.

Natasha L.
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2021

"ProWorkflow helped us elevate our game!"

Comments: Exceptional. We've been able to function much better with this system and are so happy with how quickly customer service gets back to us.

Pros: How easy it is to use. How organized it allows us to be.

Cons: It would be nice to have more of a CRM side to it.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2021
Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.
Director of Marketing
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"A decent project management software"

Comments: I'm the marketing director for my company and proworkflow has helped my small marketing team stay on track. I have 3 licenses for this. So for the money, PWF delivers a good amount!

Pros: It gives you the ability to get pretty detailed on your tasks if you want to. It allows you to see all the projects next to their due date on one screen. Tasks can be arranged with specific headings so that tasks can be grouped in separate categories all within one project.

Cons: The mobile app felt useless to me (granted, the last time I tried was over a year ago). The app only allowed you to see tasks that you're specifically assigned to in a project. This doesn't help the manager of a department who needs to see the status of all projects.
The software as a whole is not intuitive. Once you've spent time playing around with PWF and creating many projects you have a better grasp of the core functionality, but I feel it takes too long to get to that point.

Matt H.
Occupational Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"PWF"

Comments: I am able to have all of my patients information on equipment and housing modifications all in one place.

Pros: This program is the easiest system and most comprehensive we have utilised to manage ministry of health funding requests with Enable NZ, being able to attach and follow the flow of reports and information is great.

Cons: I am a user of this software, it is frustrating that when EMS advisors at Enable NZ are finished with a client it removes the client from the system for me. I would be working with a client and checking updates and using the information to help manage the patients equipment or housing alterations, and then it would disappear.

Stefanie C.
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2018

"Great PM Tool for small to medium size companies"

Comments: We have been using PWF since we started the company 5 years ago and we are big fans of it. When talking to industry leaders, the tool is not known at all. Having said that our team members old and new like it. We have only recently started to work on creating reports which has given us lots of insights on how we run our business, which clients we should focus on, each team member productivity level, ect.

Pros: It's easy to train people on how to use it.
It's cost effective.
The customer support has been consistently good... keep it up! :)

Cons: The interface, UI/UX should be improved. New features should be implemented each year to grow the software over time.
one thing it would be nice to have a ticket system with tech and it companies could use.
Need to be more flexible when used by users, more like boot camp

• Reviewed on 26/07/2018
Anna B.

"Love ProWorkFlow"

Comments: They have been great and support is great.

Pros: Love the different views for tasks and the transparency on fields you see daily

Cons: The ability to select billable/nonbillable on a project level and not task level so we can default to one or the other. It is always the one thing PMs forget to update.

John T.
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2018

"An omnipresent project manager."

Pros: The application helps you save a lot of time and allocate more tasks with ease. The responsive customer service and support team is another advantage. Application is an apt option to meet the requirements of marketing teams and IT consultancies. Resource management and expense tracking features are very effective. The application is user-friendly and offers a variety of templates for your projects. They keep updating features on a regular basis. Helps you generate standard reports and schedule time sheets and widgets. Before your project even starts, you can estimate the time taken for each task. The platform is scalable, and they have personalized pricing plans for professionals, advanced and solo.

Cons: Better reporting features specifically for custom reports. Improve the functionalities of financial reports. Visibility features requires improvement. When you deal with large number of tasks, the interface takes time. Absence of a secure client information database. Searchability feature needs improvement, while you search for previous tasks it takes a lot of time to retrieve the same.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2018
Owner/Consultant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"Best project software I've found for our industry"

Comments: So far I'm really liking ProWorkFlow. It works better than other options I've tried. Each month I learn more about it when it comes to doing the invoices and entering recurring tasks. As I take the time to learn more, I'm sure it will streamline my processes even more.

Pros: This software has been features to make it customizable to our work flow. It is tough to find software for the bookkeeping industry and this works great. There are several different areas to add your time and tasks. There are even add-ons that made it even more simple from my browser. I'm really liking the software so far. I'm sure I'll love it more as I learn how to make it work for me even more.

Cons: I wish the software had an actual app. You can get to it on your phone by going to the website but an app would make it better. I would like to be able to have rates per customer instead of at the project level. When I'm entering a task, there is not a quick way to add a rate (that I've found). I wish I could enter the rate with the customer and all tasks assigned to that customer would be charged that rate as a default. I wish the details of the line items of the invoice flowed through to my accounting software.

Diane P.
Senior Design Coordinator
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2021

"Everything in one place"

Comments: A very robust tool. It makes running a busy creative studio very simple

Pros: It's great having all the correspondence, relevant files and contacts in one place
It was pretty easy to learn
Customisation is easy

Cons: Correspondence is difficult to track back through to find a particular response
Last update the colour scheme was changed to a much lighter palette. I find it hard to see section starts without the shaded areas to navigate by
I wish there were quick links to jump between sections rather than scrolling - tasks, quotes, description, contacts, etc. Especially on large jobs with lots of correspondence

Anna R.
General Manager
Design, 11-50 Employees

"ProWorkFlow"

Comments: We have been using PWF for some years now and it is easy to use and easy to train new team members.

Pros: Being able to track dollars spent on project including time and expenses. This enables us to evaluate projects profitability and helps when setting pricing structure for future projects.

Cons: A lot of PWF teams have left and at times it is hard to find someone to help you, an email from new team member with contact details would alleviate that problem.

Jonathan B.
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2018

"ProWorkFlow is Powerful But Not Complicated"

Comments: Our office runs over 100 projects at a time and it is wonderful to keep track of each project and the time invested in each one. I recommend this software for high volume firms that needs to know where they stand daily.

Pros: Simplicity of the software. It has a ton of features with a small learning curve.

Cons: Email functionality to the client can be a little cumbersome. Wish there were a few more features in this area.

Nate B.
Nate B.
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2018

"Makes one person work with the strength of ten"

Comments: PWF, as we call it in the office, has been instrumental in allowing our small agency to keep up with the larger agencies. Every project, every note, every detail is organized in ProWorkFlow.

Pros: I like that this program is completely cloud based and accessible from anywhere.

Cons: We've been using this program for 3 years and it has been great since day one. Any issues that came about were resolved immediately.

Client Relations / Marketing
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

"We love ProWorkflow"

Comments: We really needed a client database, a place where we could keep notes on clients, and also wanted some task capabilities. ProWorkflow is the best software we found for what we were looking for (and believe me, I tried them ALL!).

Pros: Our entire staff love how easy it is to use ProWorkflow. Contacts for clients are all in once place and are easy to find, we LOVE the notes feature, and tasks keep us up to date on what we need to be doing.

Cons: We wish there was a way to track time for a client without having it associated with a project.

Amy W.
Amy W.
Principal
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

"I love PWF"

Comments: We love the messaging tool (which also goes to an email) because it's so much easier to track messages related to a task and client than trying to organize, file and prioritize emails. We use the Recurring jobs app as well. I love having all of our tasks centralized in one place - I can see who is assigned to what and get an idea of their workload and I can see the status of each project. We run an accounting firm with over 1,000 tasks per month with it. The support is outstanding, very responsive and helpful all of the time.

Pros: PWF is visually appealing and easy to use.

Cons: This software does everything that I ask of it, easily. I have a couple of feature requests but they would be bonuses, the workflow does what it's supposed to do!

Mylka V.
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2017

"Pretty good experience overall, can use some improvements."

Pros: It generates project numbers, it's pretty user friendly.
We like how we are able to track projects efficiently.

Cons: It would be nice if the timeline could be exported into an excel spreadsheet as a gant chart.
It would also help if we could have artwork proofed in the system so multiple users can proof the artwork without having to have a login.
We also would find it beneficial if we could enter individual item numbers and attach them to their respective UPC/barcode numbers We want the option to not have to include time, since this isn't a feature we use. We should be able to disable it and have it not display at all. When I am on the projects page/dashboard, I should be able to hide/minimize customer projects that I don't want to see. You are able to do this, but when you leave the page and return, the list is once again extended. It would help if we could save our own view of the dashboard to show only what we want displayed.

by ProActive Software on 31/10/2017

Thanks for the review and feedback Mylka!

• Reviewed on 27/10/2017
Robert R.
Principal Consultant
Human Resources, Self Employed

"Consultant Use"

Comments: Overall, this project management tool has made a significant difference in my ability to track projects and to accurately report status and accomplishments to clients.

Pros: As a user with multiple clients and multiple projects often running concurrently, ProWorkflow is the best system that I have used so far. It is easy to use without having to have a lot of training before starting. It allows me to set up projects and tasks pretty quickly including deadlines. The reporting function is useful if a bit cumbersome. They're recently added dashboard has improved the ability to visually use the product to stay on top of projects.

Cons: The reporting function takes a little bit of getting used to and segmenting reports by different clients but has been recently improved.

Caroline R.
Founder, Lead Cartographer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"ProWorkFlow"

Comments: We're in England, they are in New Zealand and despite the time delay the customer service is excellent.

Pros: Ease of use; logical interface; easy to explain to freelancers; incentive for clients to take us on; always mentioned/used for Statement of Works; Makes my life easier!

Cons: Cost, unfortunately this is the most expensive SaaS that we use. And making payment by cheque is not the most convienent.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2018
Steve T.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees

"Ste"

Comments: Staff having info at finger tips

Pros: information at finger tips and linking with Google Drive

Cons: Emails if the wrong address no notification comes back to tell you that it was nit delivered

Brooke G.
Interactive Marketing Strategist
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees

"Great platform"

Pros: The site is great for keeping track of projects, and for managing it within a team setting.

Cons: It can be difficult to figure out how to add or delete contacts and companies.

Kelly N.
Kelly N.
Project Manager, Marketing
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2016

"PWF for workload balancing and meeting deadlines"

Comments: Our large marketing department was having issues with workload balancing - swinging from overtime to downtime. Because of our poor workflow, we were also missing deadlines.
We used PWF to solicit accurate time allocations from designers/writers, created task templates that clearly outlined our timeline and allowed us to set reasonable expectations for clients, and used several of the report tools for executive reporting and team member reporting.
We are now much more efficient, streamlined, and have also used our new reporting tools to request additional budget/resources from management.

Pros: Great for resource / workload balancing
Great reporting tools
Easy and intuitive to use
Fantastic customer service

Cons: Timeline/Gantt chart is difficult to download/manipulate
Holidays/PTO need to be tracked manually
Not efficient for document storage

• Reviewed on 26/01/2016