• Overall

About Widen Collective

Power your content with award-winning DAM, PIM, MRM, and brand management solutions with service beyond compare.

Learn more about Widen Collective

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Widen Collective before?

Marketing Coordinator in UK
Retail, 201-500 Employees

Great and easy to use

4 2 years ago

Comments: Great

Pros:

I like being able to search for multuiple product skus

Cons:

I would like WIDEN to tell which product MID's are not showing results in a group search

Kelly H.
Art Production Manager in US
Retail, 201-500 Employees

Widen Collective Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: From the beginning, I have 100% loved every experience I have encountered with Widen. I absolutely love everything about your company's history and philosophy. Because of such wonderful management, you know how to treat a customer! I always know I can count on your team to help me with my problems and offer solutions in a quick manner. I have attended 2 years of the Widen Summit and get SO much out of the experience. I learn so much and always go home with a notebook full of notes on how to improve my own DAM and my own user's experiences. You all energize me is a way that I never though was possible with image organization and metadata knowledge. LOL! Keep doing what you're doing, this customer is very satisfied.

Pros:

Our DAM houses all of the images we use in our catalogs and online. I love it's ability to organize and tag image in order to search for them with ease.

Cons:

I think the one thing that I struggle with was the update on how to upload images. My retouch artist and I are usually the main uploads, and we enjoyed the drag and drop feature that used to be on our main page instead of having to click through the Upload Wizard.

Rob F.
Video Producer in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Finally! A system that is low-maintenance and works.

5 6 years ago

Comments: We've been on Widen for about two years so far and it has been great! Back before we were with Widen, we could make due with what we had...barely. Our team sat down with all the stake holders who would be using it on a regular basis and mapped out our needs, wants, etc., and then started doing some research. We went through three or four DAM system and had representatives from these companies explain what their systems could do, but they always seemed lacking, especially with the price tag they were quoting. Some of them we did like, but there would have to be equipment that was brought in to hold the assets and such, which would be ok, but then we would have to maintain the equipment. And then if there is an equipment issue we would likely have to wait for a representative to come fix it and hope it works. Just too much hassle for something we basically wanted to put assets on and keep them there for distribution. Then enter Widen. From the first demonstration of what their system can do, and the abilities we would have with setting permissions and distributing all the image, audio, and video assets, we were giving each other high-fives. Literally, we had the phone on mute and were high-fiving each other over and over again! The on-phone rep from Widen had no idea. We LOVED that we could upload assets onto Widen's cloud and our trainers all over the world could easily search, preview, and download any files we allowed them to. And there is zero maintenance on our end, other than uploading the assets, setting permissions, and making sure the proper metadata is typed in. And any time we have had an issue, Widen has been great about making sure a representative is there to help walk us through it. So, now we're into Widen about two years and I almost forget it's there sometimes. Whenever there was a video request, we had to manually get a video out to a trainer or someone, which takes time that we don't seem to have. Now, they can just log onto Widen, search for an asset, and download it. Seriously, get a Widen representative on the phone see what they can do for you.

Kelsey B.
Marketing Content Coordinator in US
Sporting Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The experience has been outstanding! Great customer service and an easy platform to use!

4 4 years ago

Comments: We find the largest benefit for us is elevating our brand presence to our accounts. It really has enhanced how we deliver digital assets around key product launches and other crucial moments for our brand.

Pros:

The aspect I like the most about the Widen platform is the portals feature. The ability to customize content around branding just elevates our brand presence and provides us with exactly what we need to best serve our accounts. An easy to navigate and integrated feature such as portals has served us very well.

Cons:

The difficulty we have faced most is the metadata issue. Because we offer so many products and styles when uploading it can make the process cumbersome and ultimately we don't utilize the metadata as best we should because we simply don't have the time or manpower to manage it efficiently.

Trevor C.
Asset Manager in US

Made Our Commercial Archive Pretty and User Friendly

5 2 years ago

Comments: Widen has allowed our agency to maintain our commercial assets easily and has streamlined my job allowing me to take on different responsibilities elsewhere at work.

Pros:

This software is incredibly helpful for storing our vast collection of assets. It allows for easy organization and I'm able to find anything I need easily through name or metadata searches. It also has a relatively quick download speed for when you need something off the cloud in a hurry. Their Portals have simplified the way that we can show clients current campaigns and it's given us the ability to send individual commercials to clients with ease, and as a bonus, it's all available on mobile.

Cons:

Widen just updated with a new upload mode, which would be fine, however, they completely removed the drag and drop option on the Widen homepage.

Jessica C.
Sales Support Specialist in US

Widen Makes My Job Easier

5 4 years ago

Pros:

In a business where we are writing proposals for nine regions across the midwest and southeast, it's so nice to have all of our assets- photos, logos, project information- all in one place. The DAM makes it easy to find our assets and share the content with our teams across the country. Winning work is much easier thanks to the Widen DAM!

Cons:

The only downside to this software comes from me not being here upon it's inception. Therefore, some of the conventions are not as intuitive as they could be. Also, many outdated files clog up our DAM...we are in major need of an overhaul.

Taylor E.
Marketing Communications Specialist in US
Machinery, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Always willing to cater the software to your needs

5 4 years ago

Comments: Insights, ease of finding assets, ease of transferring files, ease of distributing information.

Pros:

Easy to use and customizable. Very rarely goes down and is always reliable. Easy to teach people how to use

Cons:

The only thing I do not like about the software is how hard it is to figure out what the most important insights are. I love that we have all the information but I would like to understand it better

Amanda M.
Interactive Designer in US
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees

Solid Software with Helpful Features

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Being able to choose multiple files to download and to see the files you've selected.

Cons:

Occasionally not being able to download an alternate file type from the original version of the file. For example, sometimes it won't download a 1000x1000 jpg of a file that was originally uploaded as a PSD.

Aprile S.
Graphic Designer in US
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees

DAM Widen User

4 2 years ago

Comments: overall user-friendly experience. the interface design seems slightly dated and could use an update.

Pros:

Able to share with multiple users to access assets.

Cons:

searching capabilities are still off. may have to do with how we tag items.

Anne H.
Art Production Specialist in US
Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 Employees

I wish previous companies I worked at used Widen Collective

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've noticed this program has helped the entire company with file sharing. Files never get corrupted through here which is also another big plus.

Pros:

I love that this is essentially a massive file sharing program for our entire company. Searching and loading files is super easy and organizing things by different categories is also really helpful.

Cons:

I don't like that I have to go through so many prompts in order to download a file. Sometimes the DAM is slow. I wish there was a way to tag files with keywords for broader and more general searching.

Raquel R.
President in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

The Rock Agency Review!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Since implementing the Widen Collective as our Data storage solution, our office's and our business' data transmissions and communications have been infinitely more organized and productive!

Pros:

Ease of use.

Marketing Specialist in US
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Widen keeps our assets organized.

5 4 years ago

Comments: We are able to organize all of our creative assets and their many versions. It also lets us send and receive assets in a more organized fashion from our vendors.

Pros:

Helps us manage all of our creative. It allows us to interact with multiple agencies within one system.

Cons:

Some of the steps are tedious. To remove an asset from a collection you have to go back and forth between screens. It can't just be done on the asset itself. Additionally, you can't open assets into a new tab.

Cady L.
Marketing Manager in Canada

Widen has been very helpful for my company. It allows up to keep all of our assets in one place.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

- Helps to organize our assets - Easy to use - Tagging makes it easy to find specific assets - Great way for multiple stakeholders to access information at once

Cons:

It can be a little difficult to ensure the vendors are properly tagging the assets.

Quinn P.
Widen admin in US

Best DAM software out there!

5 4 years ago

Comments: Provide customers the abilities to search products with images and specs themselves, cut down customer service time.

Pros:

Actually there are two things that I like most: First is Widen tech supports is one of the best! They respond very quick and right on! Second, the software is very self-explanatory.

Cons:

You have to create different roles for each of your customers. If not they all will see each other's activities!

Richard S.
Multi-media Specialist in US
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees

Experience, so far, has been very good. I have an excellent implementation specialist at Widen.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Ease of use. Integration with Salesforce. Control of assets. Analytics.

Pros:

Very fast. Custom searches, collections, and categories. Customization is good. Being able to whittle down what you want to see is easy once you set it up.

Cons:

You can't rename assets on upload. You should have a very specific naming convention so you dont' have conflicts. (but conflicts are easy to resolve.)

Ronald J.
Ronald J.
Lead Graphic Designer in US
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees

Great product!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great experience both with the software and with the service.

Pros:

We use this to hold a lot of our files and it is super easy to use.

Cons:

One thing I wish it allowed was the usage of HTML files.

Emily F.
Assistant Account Executive in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Easy to use, lots of customization

5 6 years ago

Comments: I've been using Widen DAM for one of our agency's clients for about 8 months. The agency actually uses this system for several different clients, but I only focus on one. It is a great tool and a colossal help to not only out team but our client and their teams around the world. From photography, videos, and logos to ads, corporate presentations and entire brand campaigns, Widen keeps things organized and centralized for easy accessibility. I've been starting to use their mobile app more and more. Not only is it great for time when you're out of the office, but I can't count the number of times during in-office meetings its searchability functions have come through to quickly provide help/reference. The negative only issue I've run into so far is learning to correctly utilize all of the different user permission/setting combinations. It's highly customizable, but requires a bit of a learning curve to get the hierarchies figured out. Overall, I'm a huge fan of the program--compared to several different DAMs I've used in the past, Widen is one I hope to continue to use for many projects and years to come!

Victoria W.
Graphic Designer in
Used the Software for: Not provided

A small company that offers huge benefits for the customer

5 9 years ago

Comments: I absolutely recommend WIDEN to anyone who stores their archive on a server or other tangible mediums. Total time saver.

Pros:

This DAM interface is the most innovative creation I have ever come across. I come from the old days of writing CDs and writing every project on the CD with a .05 sharpie marker. That took forever. When I started my job and was told that they use WIDEN, I was like what on earth is this all about!? But I love this interface, the ease of sending files to customers, vendors. The file conversions are awesome as well, cutting back on time using photoshop to save each format. Sending large emails is a problem too, but WIDEN allows you to send any size file to anyone on the receiving end. I recommend WIDEN to anyone who stores their archive on a server or other tangible mediums.

Cons:

I really cant think of any.

Buddy W.
Project Manager in
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees

Widen Collective is a great tool for managing your digital assets in the cloud

5 5 years ago

Comments: We are a small, private non-profit organization that uses Widen to store our company and Board-related digital assets. Widen allows us to easily organize, tag, query, upload/download and share these with ease with minimal effort on the administration end. It also provides a scalable and secure cloud-based environment in which to store our assets. We would recommend Widen to other organizations that are looking for a solution to their data asset management storage needs.

Pros:

-Secure -Scalable -Organization of assets

Cons:

-The words on the UI are quite small -It is unclear on how to install the application on a mobile device

Jeanne A.
buyer in US
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees

Widen

3 last year

Comments: Overall it has become a great tool for our users and the expansion to house storing certain documenttation in one place is great.

Pros:

Widen is a great receptical to all of our imagery for our products. Downloading images from the portal is easy as well

Cons:

Finding documentation seems to be difficult. Not sure if it the actual software or if it is the manner is which our company set it up.

Joanna S.
Design Management Consultant in

Widen DAM system = time savings

5 10 years ago

Comments: Widen Enterprises has made life so much easier for our company. We no longer need to FedEx large files to vendors and/or colleagues. Widen s DAM system provides a central site for storing and quickly and easily sharing assets. I believe that everyone within our company feels the benefits gained through our shared assets site. The service has been great and quite cost effective, as well.

Pros:

- Saves time - Frees up space on our servers - Cost-effective - User-friendly - Control over company assets with usage restrictions - Good customer service - Central place for asset storage

Cons:

- Takes time to initially upload assets to be stored

Bernadine C.
Photography Services Manager in

Finally Our Photo Files Are Organized

4 11 years ago

Comments: I would highly recommend Widen to companies or organizations that have large visual archives to manage. Widen makes storing and retrieving our files easier than ever. It is a great product for the investment!

Pros:

The Widen system is easy to implement and maintain.Widen streamlines the storage and retrieval of our photo files. With the Widen system more people are able to access our digital assets than ever before. Now our photography archive is being used to its full potential.

Cons:

The system is occasionally slow. Some days I wish it would process the images a bit faster.

Manager, Organizational Development in Canada
Machinery, 501-1,000 Employees

Perfect tool for managing documents and other resources for easy distribution.

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Widen easily organizes all documents, videos, and other files in an easy to use online tool. Makes disseminating material easy.

Cons:

The layout and user interface are less than desirable. This is one area of weakness that could drastically improve the customer experience.

Anh P.
Graphic Designer in

Great tool!

4 9 years ago

Comments: I would recommend this to my collegues. The support team is especially helpful, especially since I'm an administrator and help my hundreds of toolkit users.

Pros:

It works for me. Upload wizard makes it easier to upload files which is definitely helpful since I'm an admin.

Cons:

I inherited the toolkit and so I've been working with someone else's organization system. It's not ideal, but it's doable, short of organizing the entire system. It would be nice to be able to log on as a certain user and see what they see.

Rose W.
Senior Account Coordinator in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Experience as a new Widen user

5 9 years ago

Comments: Having used another program previously, I would highly recommend Widen. It's a wonderful program. The customer support has been great, and they do a lot as a company to keep you up-to-date on the product.

Pros:

This is the second digital asset management program we have used. Its features are so much easier to use; managing collections and customer support has been wonderful.

Cons:

I had problems at first because I was using Internet Explorer, but as soon as I switched to Google Chrome, the problem was fixed.