15 years helping British businesses

About WildApricot

Easily manage your members, process payments, send out emails, register event attendees, create a website and more.

Learn more about WildApricot

WildApricot ratings

4.3
4.4
4.2
4.4

8.2/10

WildApricot has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 544 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WildApricot before?

Arsharip
Arsharip
Principal in Philippines
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

User-friendly and Manageable

Comments: The experience was fulfilling. Being able to manage the members and their infos in the app has never been much easy.

Pros:

Even people with no computer know-how can easily used this app.

Cons:

Computer glitches may occur. One need to update the program every now and then to avoid errors in entries.

Melissa
Melissa
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Cost Effective Website and Database

Comments: Overall Wild Apricot is a great tool for associations and/or others who need to process dues payments, event registrations and keep up with your clients.

Pros:

Wild Apricot makes it easy to process registrations for events, dues payments and store purchases in addition to being a website. It is very easy to use. There are user groups that you can join to get help from other users. Also, it is very easy to create a manual invoice for things that I might need a product for or a registration. There is also an app for administrators which is super convenient when to try to look up open invoices, etc. when away from the office.

Cons:

There are several features that should be available that are not. First and foremost there should be the availability within in the software to create a pdf and email it to contacts. The store does not appear to be integrated with the mail database and there are not a lot of reports. When I have orders from my store I have to constantly watch for duplicates. There is also not an email report to run that will search for possible duplicates in the system.

Darold
Memberattorney in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Do Not Use

1.0 last month New

Comments: Horrible to use and to figure out and is f----d

Pros:

Nothing that was offered by them for use in my club

Cons:

Operation that was offered by them for us ein my club

Use with Multiple Organizations - A True Advocate

Comments: Eight years ago I went through a selection process and chose Wild Apricot and then implemented it. A HUGE step up from disparate systems on Excel, a separate website, and email. This year I led the selection and implantation process for a different organization and Wild Apricot came out on top again. Processing a new member went from one hour to minutes. Renewals from 30 minutes to zero. Sending out emails used to be a huge process. Now it's simple.
One thing I've noticed is that Wild Apricot continues to add and improve features. The website builder has gotten easier to use. And adding responsive themes and an easy-to-implement app is a huge plus.

Pros:

Integrated features for membership management, communications, event management, and website development. Great coaching services during implementation and then support after.

Cons:

Nothing that would stop me from selecting it again. Some of the newer features like polls can use some development, and formatting is sometimes challenging. But the tradeoff for a fully integrated system is well worth it.

Marilyn
Financial Admin in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Repeat Customer

Comments: I have set up numerous associations with this software and still manage the website for 2. It is logical and has all of the necessary features (which are many). I know I can teach it to others and walk away when I am tired of volunteering as Web Master.

Pros:

Wild Apricot is a full-feature membership management program. It handles every problem I have encountered since I stated using it in 2014. It has steady grown more powerful and they have developed solutions to almost every issue.

Cons:

It is sometimes easy to skip a step in the financial part of the software, and cause trouble later - such as not settling a payment before voiding an invoice. It works great if you know what you are doing, but you use one of the functions rarely, it is important to review the steps carefully.

Gene
Education Chair in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Best Bang For Your Buck

Comments: Wild Apricot allows us to schedule classes, have members enroll in activities, and hosts our web site simply.

Pros:

It's universality, it works well on every device, giving us instant functionality. I can find members, schedule events and make adjustments instantly, anywhere.

Cons:

Sometimes I get lost doing certain operations.

Martin
Martin
Chief Content Officer in US
Design, 11–50 Employees

Best solution for small to medium sized associations

Comments: WildApricot is an excellent solution for managing association memberships and websites. The solution includes basic eCommerce and the ability to build a website with the Wild Apricot CMS - you can also connect easily to other website tools. Members love the easy of managing their own profiles and the other features for member communications.

Pros:

Easy of use, ability to customize the member database easily and the integrated content management system for a professional website.

Cons:

The software does not allow you to determine the membership ID within he system. This creates a challenge for any organization that already has a member number schema.

Stephanie
Stephanie
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Friendly Website Design and Membership Management System

Comments: With Wild Apricot's assistance, we are able to easily add new events and maintain our website current with our ever-evolving needs. In addition to keeping tabs on emails and contacts. All of the personnel and volunteers of the several non-profit trade associations we oversee are constantly busy. Making a living in this industry is exciting and challenging, and there is never a dull moment.

Pros:

I appreciate not having to ask anyone else to help me run the website or set up events. If you have a basic understanding of computers, you should have no trouble getting about. You can customize your page and report generation in a number of ways.

Cons:

When I have a question about how to use the site, I wish I could talk to a real person. It would be fantastic if there was a real assistance line.

Bert
Secretary in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Deployment was our biggest fear, but it was a breeze

Comments: 80% of the deployment took a single 8 hour day. The rest of the transition took a week. And now we are on to implementing functions we never offered before like on-line payments and on-line event registrations. I was expecting this to take months of running systems in parallel for a club our size.

Pros:

Having an integrated system with a single member database. If a member email address changes we don't have to update the bulk email system and the member roster -- the member can do it themself.

Cons:

The fear factor in deploying this kept us from doing it sooner. It is a big package that has so many functions.

Wild Apricot for Non-Profits

Pros:

The best thing is that it is an all-in-one software. So with the backend management system you have a web-site sitting on top of it. It makes everything super simple for us to only have to use one main software.

Cons:

Honestly, nothing. It does take a bit of time to figure it all out and their are limitations of it in terms of website design. But from what you pay for it is a solid software.

Mike
Treasurer in US
Individual & Family Services, 2–10 Employees

Terrible on ease of use and support

Comments: I am a former member trying to rejoin the group. When I set up my profile, I was bombarded with offers for coaching support is needed. I scheduled a call back, stated my issue and sat for an hour waiting. 15 minutes past the lastest range of the call bacl I got an email that the support call was cancelled because the group's admin should handle the issue. In fact they stated "we only set the software. The organization runs it". Then why offer to support and waste my time. Admin was unable to figure how to upgrade from past member to current member on the website.

Pros:

they promoted ease of use, quality of support, ease of launching and transferring data from last provider. None of those were accurate.

Cons:

ease of use, technical support, transfer of data, general user interface

Tim
Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Good Product for Non-Profit Management

Comments: The selection of Wild Apricot has allowed a small non-profit working with a hodge-podge of cobbled together "free" solutions to move into the 21st century. Volunteers and board members can work from a unified database rather than multiple, out-of-sync, task-specific spreadsheets. Tasks can be distributed without dis-integrating this data. Web site integration and payment processing allow members, donors and event participants to interact with the organization online, rather than the previous limitation to paper forms and checks. Implementation was straight-forward, if not exactly "simple". Years of old and inconsistent data always complicate a migration. The choice to integrate with the organization's existing WordPress web site rather than fully implement Wild Apricot's built-in CMS also provided some challenges. Support was mostly timely and helpful during the migration and implementation phases.

Pros:

Product is full-featured and the least expensive for a small non-profit on a limited budget. Of particular interest were membership management features, including self-service join, renew, and update. Also critical was event management and integration with membership, since the organization's main publicity and fundraising activity is a large bike ride. Web site integration was also attractive. Good platform for communicating with members and event participants. Payment processing integration for memberships, donations, and event registrations.

Cons:

Lacked QuickBooks integration, although the organization's treasurer at the time did not consider this a needed feature. Lack of volunteer management, though that was not considered an essential feature at the time of review. Web site integration works best when using the built-in CMS. Integration with WordPress, the organization's existing CMS was largely successful. However some issues did arise with the forms for things like memberships, donations, and event registrations, especially on Apple devices.

Karen
Used the Software for: Not provided

Wild Apricot is perfect for recreational clubs

Comments: I would definitely recommend Wild Apricot for any organization with a membership and events that require registration. They manage this amazingly well!!. I love the fact that it is so easy for both admins and users to use. Most of my admins and membership are not technical so this is important to us. It's easy to enable blogs, forums, and photo galleries to create community pages -- somewhere that members can connect to the club and each other.

Pros:

We are a recreational tennis club with 70 members. I created a great website with a customized membership application form in just one day with no coding required. Within a week, we were live, with online applications and online event registration for tennis tournaments and even electronic payment. I have ALL contact information plus player rankings available when it is time to do the draw; it is so much easier than taking paper entry forms which are not filled out completely or legibly. Thanks to customized event registration forms, I can solicit volunteers at the time that they register. No more calling people at their homes trying to find someone to help!!! I appreciate the security measures too -- I am able to provide club newsletters and photo galleries to club members only. My membership is very pleased with the functionality and everyone says that the club feels more connected this year. The Wild Apricot support team has been responsive to all questions and problems.

Cons:

The finance side of Wild Apricot is a little weak as their reports do not take into account the finance fees that Google Checkout and PayPal deduct. And you can't modify the numbers manually to reflect actual amount received, either due to finance fees or if someone sent in a partial payment. They are aware of these issues and are working on them. The other enhancement request that we have is to have users be able to see who else is signed up for tournaments. That's because we are a social organization and because we make use of changing volunteers to help with every event. Wild Apricot is working on this but it was not an early priority because professional organizations that were hosting seminars, for example, had no need for participants to see who else was attending and did not necessarily use any volunteers.

Heidi
Language instructor in US
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

Wild Apricot helped organize our organization!

Comments: Our small, non-profit organization of internationally located English teachers needed a "home" for our members to connect. Nobody on the board was particularly tech savvy; nor were we confident enough to build our own website. So we were thrilled to discover Wild Apricot (WA). The tutorials are fabulous, thankfully using simple English and easily understood, and the structure is intuitive to even the most novice user. The Customer Service team quickly replies anytime I have a question. We initiated a small annual membership fee to cover our cost, and WA's automated system tracks our member renewals with ease. We are still able to offer free memberships to our global and student members, and the general membership fees easily cover our annual costs. Our little site hosts all of our organization's history (past conferences, journals, newsletters, etc.), and we're hoping to soon add a Resources tab where our members can share unpublished curriculum ideas for teaching English language learners. I love that we can have a members-only viewing for some things on our site, and open everything else to the public. Our annual conference registration is so much more organized now, and we love the ease of the Paypal system for payments. Of course, there are changes we'd like to see, particular to our organization's needs and goals. Three times I've made suggestions to WA for site improvement, and the follow-up was quick, respectful, and thorough. Suggestions are taken seriously and are useful to the WA team for making site improvements and upgrades. I am happy to write this recommendation and assure you that anyone, absolutely anyone can create a useful and attractive website with the help of Wild Apricot!

Pros:

Ease of use for general public, ability to create an attractive, efficient website, Paypal link for easy registration for memberships and conference fees, great customer support

Cons:

Some limitations for the structure of the website

Pat
Treasurer in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Okay for small group management, but not reliable

Comments: Frustrating. Disappointing.

Pros:

Not much. It does have some features built in that are easy to use, like the member forum. It also has some customizable features in the membership rules...if they work. Sadly, you can't rely on them and the support staff is less than supportive.

Cons:

Where to start. Support is only available via chat or email, and only Monday through Friday from 10:00 - 5:00. Next, the system is full of bugs. Members renew and it doesn't advance their renewal date. Members try to log in and it won't let them establish a password. Members can't log in so they create a whole new account, and there is not duplicate warning, so we just have to stumble on the duplicates. There were several member files that had the wrong renewal date but we couldn't change them manually. The system would give us error messages. The system would also randomly change information that we entered into the fields. The search features are less than reliable and do not show all the information unless you export the file to a spreadsheet. If changing member levels it will automatically revert someone to the current member year. You should be able to set that option or create a rule where if the member price is the same it keeps the already paid for years. We have an extremely high rate of payments that go unprocessed, for various reasons. Recaptcha not working, card declined because the payer used auto-fill on the form, card declined because the website is in Canada, and more. I have spent almost every day in some sort of chat session with the support staff, and you cannot interact with the higher tier support, only the base level. Plus, there have been times where it was a week or more before we received a response.

Trisha
Civic & Social Organization, 51–200 Employees

Moved to a different software

Comments: Wild Apricot worked for our organization for quite some time, however the features were not robust enough to grow with our organization.

Pros:

This software worked for our organization for years when we were not focusing on our online process. Wild Apricot helped us create our first website.

Cons:

The ability to customize the front-end website needs work. Styling never seemed to save and we felt very limited to the templates Wild Apricot provided. We also wanted to offer monthly memberships, but it was important that the member couldn't cancel before a set amount of time had past (i.e. a year obligation). This is not possible in Wild Apricot. Lastly, the email builder leaves a lot to be desired. Font-faces, font-size and padding would often revert back to the default after saving, causing us to test emails multiple times before sending. We eventually migrated our website to Wordpress, and had to use iFrames for our member application, forums and member directory. Half of the iFrames never worked, and it slowed our website down significantly.

Ron
Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Daily user of Wild Apricot and developer for new Wild Apricot websites and setup for organizations.

Comments: I have participated in moving 20 organizations over to Wild Apricot and use it daily for administrative purposes. It is an awesome platform and would not recommend another to anyone. Hoping they can keep this excellent service going for a very long time. Also, the support team and responsiveness has always been great!

Pros:

Easy, quick, and efficient transition over to Wild Apricot from other website types such as WordPress, Weebly, and other member platforms. Excellent for small to mid-size organizations to consolidate all needed features and tracking/reporting in one place.

Cons:

The only weakness is the choice of new "themes" to help speed up a new website. You can certainly do almost anything you want with the templates... but the ready-made themes make it so much better (and easier). Just need to keep the sample themes up-to-date and competitive with WordPress... so the organizations are happy with the basic choices available when they are deciding to move to Wild Apricot.

Jodi
CEO in US

Great value and functionality

Pros:

Ease of use, functionality, and cost are all attractive to our small Associations.

Cons:

The new email feature is AWFUL. Not being able to add an image within content (you actually have to build out different layouts just to accompany a picture - it's ridiculous) has been a huge area of discontent for our staff that used to use WA for email blasts and newsletters. Believe it or not, it's easier to create in Constant Contact or Mailchimp and send out that way (and it looks better too).

Linda
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Flexible Program Does the Job

Comments: Having some way to keep our membership current and use the program for communication and registrations has been wonderful. We have been satisfied with its performance of these functions. We have not explored many of the newer features which have been added since we first started using this program. Some of them probably would be helpful, but we have not had the manpower with time to explore them enough to employ them.

Pros:

The database for our membership and ability to use it to communicate with those members is most important to our organization. When we were holding in person meetings, the ability to register and pay for events was also important, but since we have not been doing that recently, that part of the program has not been used recently.

Cons:

We have found that we have not been able to use the renewal feature since renewals start with the local clubs and move up to the state organization instead of moving down to the clubs from the state. This means that we must manually update the database. We have explored trying a different method, but no change has been found that works for our members.

Sim
Communications Coordinator in Canada
Used the Software for: Not provided

Great Software for Membership Management

Comments: I had reviewed a couple of different options, but opted to use Wild Apricot for our small cultural organization this past summer. So far, we haven't regretted the decision. Previously our site was managed in WordPress but it was designed by a local web hosting company and the old site didn't have any built in membership management and communication features. If we continued to use WordPress we were expected the dish out a lot of service fees to the company to implement additional features to our site. Instead, we moved to Wild Apricot. I was happy with the web design template solutions, and realized with a few minor changes I could achieve the look I wanted for our organization. I am a somewhat savvy computer user but I an in no way a professional web designer or a programmer. I didn't want to dabble too much with completely customizing the themes and style sheets. Wild Apricot's customer service reps were very kind to share with me a few quick tips which allowed me to achieve the perfect look. Membership sign up process has been very easy, and we have just implemented the standard PayPal payment option which appears to be working great. There are only two major limitations with the product for my organization: One is the multi-language support (There is no easy way to create a version of the site in a different language). We opted to list everything in both languages in our links, and repeat content in both languages on the same page. This is actually working OK for us. Second limitation is the inability to create recurring events. One can replicate events easily, by using an existing event... but the simple functionality that's available in Google or Outlook Calendars is lacking. The company does provide frequent updates to the software, though. I was pleasantly surprised to see them incorporate features I hadn't thought of but may come in handy. They allow users to submit items to a public wishlist and seem to listening (at least the easier to implement features are making the update roadmap). Overall, I am happy about the choice. A little bit more flexible pricing may be necessary. I may exceed the 250 members list soon, but my organization will never be getting too big.. If I have to move to the next price range, our Board may feel it's a little too expensive.

Clara
Volunteer in US

Impact SA implementation of membership management software

Comments: Our implementation of Wild Apricot was very positive as our lists and fields easily transferred into Wild Apricot. Setting the membership levels was a challenge as we discovered that our different payment options created separate membership levels. If we could have simply set up four levels with different payment options it would be much simpler for our members. Wild Apricot support has been fantastic. Allowing our members to update their information and having members input their own information upon joining for the first time has saved us hours of manual put (both initially and going back to correct errors). One of the drawbacks of Wild Apricot for us is the inability to set up specific payment plans, while it is possible to set up recurring payments we must track the number of payments and turn off the renewal date once the required payment has been reached. Bundle memberships has also been a bit of a challenge as all the payment is required in order to set up the membership. We have created a way around by entering partial payments as a different membership level and moving them into the bundle membership once the required payment is accumulated. The inability to receive regrets for events has also been a bit of a drawback. Performing searches in Wild Apricot is one of it's strongest features. Searches may be saved and used for future needs. It is possible to search by every field that has been set up. Event are also easy to set up and track. The integration with our financial partner and square has also been very possible. Although, the integration with Square seems to be in the initial stages and not fully integrated with Wild Apricot.

Pros:

Searches, ability to edit fields and event creation and tracking.

Cons:

No ability to set up specific payment plans (i.e. 5 payments, 4 payments). No option to send regrets for an event.

Rebekah
Executive Director in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Wild Apricot is a great solution for association management and events

Comments: Wild Apricot is the platform we use for member management, event registration and payment processing. They meet all of our needs.

Pros:

Wild Apricot is a great product that meets all of our needs for member and contact management, communications and event registration. They provide excellent support through their online documents, step-by-step tutorials/videos and by phone. The software is simple to manage but looks dynamic to the end user and website traffic.

Cons:

Every association is unique and would like customized features. Wild Apricot meets the majority of our needs. They consistently release new versions in response to user feedback.

Scott
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

The WORST Experience - After 4 years of subscription services

Comments: Horrible. Awful. After four years, NEVER AGAIN.

Pros:

What I liked most about the software was signing up for the account. They were very nice back then. Four years later - of making monthly payments - they change their policies now I can't talk to a human and have to wait for HOURS. Yes - this is still in the Pro comment section.

Cons:

Their customer support is absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with any customer service group. Absolutely rude - and that's IF you can actually spend 2-3 hours waiting to talk to a chat box - not a human that you can talk to. The person on the chat is clearly working multiple customers at a time so you're never getting their attention. NEVER USE THIS SERVICE.

Greg
VP of Finance in US
Fine Art, Self Employed

Life Saver

Comments: This has streamed lined our membership and management there too. I love this website provider. They answer the phone all the time and work for solutions. Yes, there are a few things I would like changed but overall it saved our small organization. We are a nonprofit made up of only volunteers (no full time employees). Thank you for your comment to this software. Check our website out; we are a group of Artist with over 200 members and growing. Our people are starting to use their members photos so it is exciting. Take Care

Pros:

Membership management, Easy of posting to website, Albums for our members (their art work is getting attention), Donation and payments, Just about everything is great....Oh email in one system and don't have to do constant contact.

Cons:

Need help with members directory....not responding to changes very easily .... had to rebuild several times to get it working. Also, would love to see a flag or way to highlight members who are using their albums. I did figure out a work around by adding a yes/no button to the members questionnaire. Once the member click yes they are using their photo album, I have a saved search that pulls that member to a special membership directory "Members Ark Work to Review". This allowed me to direct viewers to this list instead of the membership directory to view art work. We only had 35 members of 204 using their albums. Now the public doesn't have to hunt and peck and get frustrated trying to see members art work in albums.

webmaster in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

They have changed and not for the better

Comments: Normally does well but we had a event in which we had to send out directions to and the list of registrants disappeared - we had to be put in a que for tech support and when I got to #6 at 4:55 they said I had to e mail and they would get back to me next week. When I first started with handling this the tech support was great and personal not now, it is thru chat and they shout you off supposedly at 5. Also being Canadian, they have different holidays which is frustrating. I managed to trick the system to bring up the list but it took an afternoon of my off time

Pros:

It is a powerful platform to use alskdjmka xmm mc mcmscbhjsdbjbcm mzm mxbmncm

Cons:

It is Buggy to operate - not user friendly