Filter by:

• Overall

About Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct is a web-based, SaaS accounting and financial management software system designed for use by enterprise businesses.

Learn more about Sage Intacct

Madeline M.
Settlement Accounting Team Lead in US
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees

2 Month User of Sage Intacct

4 2 months ago New

Pros:

I enjoy the Order entry module and the Transaction Definitions we set up. It makes this module dummy proof.

Cons:

Some of the modules seem like they should talk to the others better. For example, in QuickBooks if you Create a Credit Memo on a Customer, the system will prompt you to Retain the credit, Apply towards an Open Invoice or Refund the Customer. If Refund the Customer is selected, it makes the entries for you an will automatically have the check that you are issuing to the Customer pop up on the screen. In Sage, you must manually switch between the modules. I wish the email integrated with Outlook. I find it not helpful having the functionality of emailing reports if you must manually type in the persons email each time.

Senior Accountant, Intacct Guru in US
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees

I am a true fan of Intacct and love how much customization it allows.

5 4 years ago

Comments: We have been able to set up recurring transaction to automate similar monthly/quarterly transactions, allowing us to fully operate with less human capital, and less human errors. We've been able to increase our reporting internally with many many many custom reports to suite the needs of various stakeholders. We can see investor summaries across the entire enterprise with the multi-entity structure. We utilize upload templates often to allow us ease of entry - for example, we do monthly uploads of income allocations across every entity in one root level entry done by exporting a custom report, using excel to seamlessly do an index match and hlookup to complete the upload template, then upload! It's simple, fast, and accurate.

Pros:

I love the Custom Reporting capabilities through dimension use... looking at the GL as a database structure makes the software very versatile and easy to use. The output potential is outstanding!

Cons:

Cost. It's a great product, but I really wish there was a light version for our company, and for other smaller companies starting up. There is a strong market for a light version. That way the company could grow into the full version.

Dimitri P.
Accounting Specialist in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

4 4 years ago

Comments: Sage Intacct is a solid base that meets our business needs as a not-for-profit organization.
The software is very responsive and also thoroughly integrated. I also appreciate the constant enhancement and the responsive Contact Sage Intacct Support. This level of support gives confidence in the tools and the product in general.

Pros:

The software is very responsive and thoroughly integrated. I also appreciate the constant enhancement, the responsive Support team, and the frequent webinars that inform of the new changes and improve the usefulness of the software . This level of support gives confidence in the tools and the product in general.

Cons:

A greater possibility of integration will make Sage Intacct even more useful and helpful to the user. Additionally, quick glances that summarize the different ways the software can be useful can be helpful to new users.

David W.
Vice President of Finance and Accounting in US
Information Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Intacct has revolutionized our accounting processes and is a giving us a gold mine of information.

5 4 years ago

Comments: See my review.

Pros:

Ease of use. Intuitive interface. Integration with multiple Intacct Marketplace Partners. Consolidation functionality (check the box and hit consolidate and it produces reliable consistent results. Scorecards and dashboards provide a wealth of current information on the health of our business in as real time a setting as we can make it. Future roll outs promise integrated AI functionality that will be a game changer. Scalability that meets the needs of our rapidly changing business is great.

Cons:

As you can tell, I am a fan of Intacct and don't have too many suggestions for improvement. It makes our life easier, more efficient and productive, and gives us the information we need.

CFO/COO in US
201-500 Employees

Work with daily accounting, reporting and dashboards

5 4 years ago

Comments: Dashboard, import and export.

Pros:

We chose this software to work with other existing software and it did not disappoint. We also selected this for that ability to incorporate statistical information with our financial information and create dashboards to share information internally.

Cons:

There isn't really anything at this point that has caused problems or limitations. The only issue is when you export to Excel it does not use the latest version.

3 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Kimberly S.
Sr Staff Accountant in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use

5 3 years ago

Comments: We have been able to streamline and sync the accounting records and processes of several sister organizations to since we began to use Sage Intacct. This has enabled comparison of financial records, effective communication within the accounting software and consistency among several organizations.

Pros:

The layout and organization of the software is easy to use.

Cons:

Custom reports take a long time to build. It takes a while to get all the Account Groups set up.

3 years ago

Hello Kimberly, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are finding Sage Intacct easy to use and that you've been able to streamline processes. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Nabeelah P.
Accountant in South Africa
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

customizable and user friendly

5 3 years ago

Pros:

They allow you to customize your plan according to the size of your organization. Which makes it good value for money Analytics allows you to easily analyse financial position at any time. Built in automatic tax calculations, payslip creation. Easy and always up-to-date HR records. Software allows for greater internal efficiency. (granted that the employees responsible are trained to capture and input data accurately)

Cons:

The initial training on the software can take some time. If your employees do not have prior knowledge of accounting systems, it may prove difficlut to train them on this software. For consistency it would be better to train your Business bookkeeper/payroll admin or Non profit grants administrator to capture accurately and then train everybody else how to understand and access reports that have been generated.

Salesforce Administrator in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees

Recent Migration away Quickbooks

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Flexibility and the ability to handle enterprise amount of PO's. We migrated away from Quickbooks and Intacct can handle our higher volume of invoices each week. We currently run about 300-500 invoices each week and Quickbooks was unable to keep up with our demand. Since switching over to Intacct, our process has gotten much smoother.

Cons:

There is not a direct intagration wiht Salesforce.

3 years ago

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that Sage Intacct has been able to meet your weekly invoice requirements, Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Jim B.
Director / Controller in US

Long time customer -- they keep me coming back / would be hard to go elsewhere.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Software that scales with your growing business, and integrates to other best-in-class software without much fuss or cost.

Pros:

Dimensions / reporting / ease of use -- short learning curve for new staff. Sage Intacct continues to stay ahead of the market with quarterly releases containing significant new/improved features.

Cons:

The UI of a module or two is a bit out-dated / but on their roadmap. Other than that, nothing -- I love working with Sage Intacct

Avhakholwi M.
Software programmers in South Africa

Good enough for my company

5 4 years ago

Comments: I always recommend this software to other companies as well. My clients enjoy using it as well.

Pros:

It makes my company go on. It's functionality are simple to use, even a nonproffesional person can use it. I like it's security, how easy I can access every details or information I want about my company finances. I'm a big fan

Cons:

I want a function which allow me to connect this software with PayPal and Luno digital wallet. They must just keep updating the security

Finance Manager in US
11-50 Employees

Great product and always looking to improve it which is awesome. Listens to their customers.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

The drill down feature to be able to see or find anything on screen. Also the ability to upload documents to A/P bills is a nice feature.

Cons:

Not too much here. I wish the support was a little more responsive but I understand having to rank cases based on priority and urgency.

Douglas H.
Director of Finance in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Customer service is frustrating. Have had issues setting up accounts.

4 4 years ago

Comments: Better reporting.

Pros:

Reports are easy to use. Easy to adjust the reports to make the more user friendly. Multiple departs and location codes made it easier to tack revenues and expense for specific departments.

Cons:

Need to open a ticket before you can talk to customer service. The you get an email that you can't respond to. If to get into the system where you logged the customer service ticket. Had issues setting up accounts.

Jake W.
Billing Agent in US
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees

A few tedious things, but very functional

4 3 years ago

Pros:

We are able to do everything billing through this software. We can customize our invoices, organize payment plans and basically anything else you could imagine for all things billing/finance/accounting.

Cons:

The only downfall of this software is that you have to type in the customer ID into different areas to be able to access different aspects of an account. Makes things a little tedious.

3 years ago

Thanks for your review, Jake! I'm glad that you're benefiting from Sage Intacct's billing capabilities. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do to help or if you have any questions :)

Brian D.
Brian D.
Financial Analyst in US
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

Intacct - Great Accounting Software

4 4 years ago

Comments: Really easy conversion from Quickbooks!

Pros:

There are always a few things with software that aren't perfect for your needs but this user interface is so easy to work around and has all the things you'd want it to have.

Cons:

It can be restrictive at times. It's a pro and con but it's restrictive about things I don't want it to be which can sometimes cause problems.

Kara G.
Social Worker in US

Complex & In depth accounting

5 5 years ago

Pros:

Intacct does what Quickbooks and NetSuite cannot, it gives you reports out of the box without need for extreme customization. And matches up with expectations for commercial and enterprise businesses whereas competitors match up best with SMB's.

Cons:

Intacct does require you to think about the structure of your data, whether you're new to your business or been running it for a while. The system expects you to operate within their rails and that can be a learning curve for some.

Jason W.
US

Best of Breed, Unparalleled Reporting and Dashboards

5 5 years ago

Comments: Intacct a mature, slick, and well-featured enterprise-class general ledger accounting platform. We have no trouble customizing and extending these workflows to create additional tasks. The "Performance Cards," which will appear at the top of a dashboard, are fully customizable with ease ann give complete drill down capability. They are our execs favorite aspect of the platform. Another area where Intacct excels over most of the other apps I've used is in restating the books.For example, when reporting to the IRS, nonprofit entities often need to reorder expenses as Direct and Indirect. This depends on whether the expense is directly fund-related or a general overhead expense. Most vendors have separate nonprofit versions of their software that let you do this fairly easily, but Intacct makes it easy to do right out the standard box. One major advantage of a SaaS app is that a true cloud-based app is accessible through a web browser. We use a Chrome browser with an iPad Air. I find the navigation extremely simple. The Best of Breed approach is ideal for us. It allows us to pick and chose the ideal solution for each aspect of our organization and align with products that focus on that need, not a one size fits all solution that forces adoption of a product with holes.

Autumn K.
Publications Account Supervisor in
11-50 Employees
Used the Software for: Not provided

Flexible and easy to use

4 7 years ago

Comments: I've been using the Intacct system for over a year to enter timesheets and expense reports and run financial reports. I've also obtained some familiarity with the invoicing capabilities. Overall, I find it easy to use, and am thrilled with its flexibility in creating program and project codes and customizing reports. The system I used prior to Intacct was not intuitive, but when I transferred to using Intacct, I quickly caught on and have had no problems obtaining the information that I need - in the format that I need it. My company takes advantage of the ability to create hierarchies in programs/projects, as well as the ability to customize reports to streamline certain project management-related tasks. I also appreciate that it is cloud based, although this seems to lead to a few quirks in time entry (small delays in loading task field options). The system I used previously only permitted a certain number of users at any one time, but I'm able to keep Intacct open on my computer all day long, and can enter time or expenses as they're incurred, and can run reports without waiting for software to load (or for people to log off).

Pros:

Flexibility, cloud-based, easy to use

Cons:

Occasionally slow to load a few field options, some quirks with scrolling in report request windows

Karin L.
Vice President of Information Technology in US
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 Employees

Set up was easy, Vendor very experienced and will never let you fail.

4 4 years ago

Comments: For our small finance team, this is a perfect product.

Pros:

Simplicity of set up and assistance from vendor was above and beyond what our team excepted - well worth having them onsite for final training and overall reporting and advanced feature overview.

Cons:

Can not always find what I need on the knowledge base, some area's are new on based on the Beta version, however there are still area's that appear to be older and not as easy to navigate.

Moira B.
Moira B.
Business Management in Canada
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees

Great online cloud accounting.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Sage Intacct is a web based online accounting software that allows me to access invoices anywhere on any computer. The information that is inputted into Sage Intacct can be organized thoroughly. Reports are easy to create through the report assistant, the assistant also helps out throughout other operations. The assistant as well as some other well thought out tooltips make learning Sage Intacct easy and effortless.

Cons:

The user setup of Sage Intacct can be a bit of a hassle, but once it is done it is effortless to maintain.

3 years ago

Hi Moira! So glad to hear that you're having a positive experience with Sage Intacct and benefiting from the reporting and ease of use! Please don't hesitate to Sameera at [email protected] if you have any questions :) Thanks again!

J catania

One stop shop

4 8 years ago

Comments: My company switched from Quickbooks to Intacct in March 2013. Intacct has greatly improved our efficiency and accuracy. We did quite a bit of customization to make it work the way we wanted, but now have the ability to view customer orders in detail, learn which lines have been ordered, received, invoiced as well as lines that are waiting to ship and invoice. On the purchasing side we can view the PO's for these orders and follow up accordingly if items are backordered. We also have a third-party expense reporting system and can upload approved expense reports into Intacct for payment. Intacct is linked to Salesforce and feeds customer transactions back to Salesforce so our A/E's have visibility as to where customer orders stand and can see customer's order histories.

Pros:

Great reporting, many customizable fields, customized fields can be pulled into reports.

Cons:

Total amount of customer order and total PO amount doesn't show on respective list view screens - must drill into transaction to get that info.

Kimberly C.
Office Manager in US
Civic & Social Organization

Intacct is a great product but do your Due Diligence First

Pros:

It's pretty easy to use and more robust than Quickbooks.

Cons:

The tech support. I wish you could just dial a number and get an answer. You always have to put in a ticket, which is time consuming.

Joseph L.
District Accountant in
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

Intacct Accounting Software

3 5 years ago

Comments: We started using Intacct on 07-01-16 and have now used it for 4 months.

Pros:

Intacct is very customizable. Intacct allows you to attach documents (pdf, excel, word, etc) to each transaction. Intacct can have many dimensions which gives it a lot of functionality. Intacct allows you to schedule automatic emailed reports.

Cons:

The cost to implement is more that other software's like QuickBooks or Cougar Mountain. The cost to implement is almost equivalent to one year's subscription. The report writing is not very easy and takes time to learn. They start charging you during the set-up and implementation instead of on the go live date. My feelings are they do this so it is hard to switch softwares because you either have to pay for an extra year (if you are going to switch software) or you have to pay for another software early because of the untimely annual software renewal date. The budgeting aspect for original and multiple amended budgets is not the easiest to use. We are still working out the functionality of it. Not one of its strong points.

Ryan M.
Senior Director Of Marketing in US

Powerhouse Financial Management System

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The flexibility in running real-time financial reports is essential to managing budget pacing in a fast-paced marketing environment. I also appreciate the security controls, keeping my access limited to the departments whose budgets I control instead of making me filter down what I truly need to be looking at.

Cons:

Some of the reporting features are not very intuitive and it took some time and practice before I felt comfortable running several financial reports in the system.

3 years ago

Hi Ryan! Thanks for writing a review. I'm glad to hear that you're having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and taking advantage of the security controls. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at [email protected] if you have any questions :) Thanks again!

Amanda B.
Senior Billing Specialist in US
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Have used different Sage products in different roles/companies

4 3 years ago

Comments: The company I work for is phasing out its use of Sage Intacct. Moved to Zuora.

Pros:

Intacct was often a simple & complete accounting platform to perform my vital job functions.

Cons:

Was not crazy about the reporting. Some of the UI screens were non-intuitive

3 years ago

Hello Amanda, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that youuse Sage Intacct to perform your job functions. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Carin B.
Finance Dir. in US

Very good experience with the software's ease of use and intuitive functionality.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I was able to learn the software with very little training. Most of my learning resulted from actually using the software and playing around with it. It is very intuitive.

Cons:

While I love the report/query writer (I'm speaking of the 'build from scratch' function, not the Report Writer function) I found it not as easy to use as the other aspects of the software. It seems to offer a lot of power, but I was not able to use it.