• Overall

About Marketo Engage

Powerful, easy to use marketing automation software that helps generate qualified leads and translate marketing spending into revenue.

Learn more about Marketo Engage

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Marketo Engage before?

Cameron E.
Cameron E.
Marketing Operations Manager in US
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Can't go wrong with the best MAP - but you need to spend time getting it how you like it

5 last year

Comments: I've been using Marketo for over 2 years and have managed multiple instances, including implementing a new one. It's been great to learn and use. I came from HubSpot and although I loved HubSpot, it was limited in it's capabilities because things are locked down to look "pretty" and work more out-of-the-box. What I say is Marketo is for the "big kids"/enterprise/B2B market and HubSpot is more for the SMB market. Marketo also does well integrating with Salesforce, whereas HubSpot's API integration is very locked down and limited.

Pros:

What can't Marketo do? Not much! It's the be-all-do-all tool. Tons of features and customization, integrations and functionality.

Cons:

If you are looking for a "pretty" software, don't look here. The interface is dated and harder to navigate if you don't know what you are doing. I always tell people that "Marketo is UGLY, but it's POWERFUL." What it trades for looks, it makes up for in functionality and customizations.

Crystal V.
Customer Community Manager in US
Computer Software

Want to see proven ROI with a marketing automation system?

4 5 years ago

Pros:

- UI Usability & design. - Tracking of programs from creation to execution, including success and engagement across programs like webinars, events, web pages and multi-step or channel campaigns. - Complex criteria for building out nurture programs based on targeted parameters and real-time interactions. - Global partitions and platform internationalization. - Real-time personalization

Cons:

- Search functionality could be a lot easier with keywords, or created date. I know the platform just updated to search based on URL, but it could use a bit more work to make it easier for newer employees who have tons of legacy items to sift through. - Speed of platform is sometimes frustrating - it can be great at times...other times it lags beyond belief, when pulling lists, approving emails and landing pages, and just jumping from campaign to campaign. Sometimes I have to even restart or refresh the platform just to get it moving again. - Campaign calendar layout is not intuitive and leaves marketing teams resorting to a Google Calendar or similar feature to track campaign sequencing and deliverables. It's usable if you spend some time in it, but it definitely could be better.

Jasmine K.
Marketing Programs Manager in US

Impressive and efficient

5 4 years ago

Comments: Marketo gives me the opportunity to seamlessly deliver information to the sales users in my organization through the Marketo Sales Insights tool in Salesforce as well as triggered alerts/emails. I really enjoy the speed of the Salesforce sync as we are able to create/monitor campaigns and attribute revenue almost instantly.

Pros:

Marketo is consistently ranked by analysts as a top automation solution, and I can finally see why! As a marketer, it’s simple to use but also robust for program management from creation to reporting. On a day-to-day basis, I use Marketo within a B2B environment and we wouldn’t be able to function without it. It’s a key tool for my marketing strategy, one of our most used functionalities is cloning programs, tactics, and campaigns. This allows us to make fewer mistakes and maintain continuity from user-to-user, an efficiency for my nimble, growing team. What I’d like to see is continued product improvement driven by customer voices. I’m excited for the new Mercury UI to debut in 2018!

Cons:

As an admin within a small team, the uptime to full functionality can be like climbing a steep hill on a cold day. Simply put, learning this tool can feel cumbersome if it’s not your only responsibility. Luckily, the Marketing Nation Community combined with the product docs and Marketo University prove to be helpful resources for growing your knowledge. Within a year I was able to confidently learn the tool, contribute new ideas, and become a Marketo Certified Expert (MCE). Service/support - Compared to other automation platforms, there seems to be limited support and desire for accounts to have a 1:1 communication on a regular basis with an account rep. We’ve recently been assigned a new rep and we're making progress.

Maddison L.
Maddison L.
partner in US
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Great tool!

4 2 years ago

Comments: Marketo is an astonishing apparatus that boosts the speed of your advanced showcasing work. You'll be able to assist the level of your endeavors by utilizing such curious vice. The instrument has numerous applications that give awesome offer assistance in making your promoting procedure more viable. You'll be able to increment the number of leads and it'll offer assistance in upgrading the volume of your deals.

Pros:

Marketo is a successful and solid apparatus for computerized showcasing with simple methods and applications. Marketo makes a difference in showcasing methodologies of the trade with different apparatuses and it moreover grows the exercises over numerous channels. This makes a difference in making more leads. You'll be able moreover join yourself with different apparatuses that can provide you best results.

Cons:

You would like to have training from any experienced identity sometime recently utilizing Marketo since it isn't a straightforward way of doing showcasing. It incorporates numerous basic apparatuses and applications that ought to be caught on to begin with and after that, you'll apply.

Renee R.
Sales Associate in US
Management Consulting

Great Solution for Salesforce users.

Pros:

I used Marketo in my last role for about three years and was always impressed. Marketo does a great job of integrating very seamlessly with Salesforce and in a sales role, this is imperative to your success. You are able to track not only your emails, but develop sophisticated campaigns to drive engagement in a particular market or across a broad spectrum. Above all, Marketo gave you the flexibility to develop an idea and execute on it successfully. Additionally, the system was great in providing the engagement reports key prospects had with our organization. As a sales professional, quality leads some times make or break a quota. Marketo feeds you quality leads that you're able to rank based on many algorithms. Having an understanding of what your prospect is most interested in, creates a much more effective first conversation, rather than attempting to connect cold. Overall, Marketo was a crucial part of our sales processes and truly assisted in your achievements as an organization. I would highly recommend.

Cons:

We only encountered some occasional problems when uploading smart lists. This would sometimes take quite a long time when Marketo was running updates or changes, that would slow the system.

Marketing Campaign Coordinator in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Marketo's Analytics provide lots of useful data for informing future marketing decisions

4 4 years ago

Pros:

I like the wide range of reports and data that are available. Everything from email performance to program ROI to opportunity insights are available through Marketo's Analytics software. I use it most often to look at email deliverability and program membership. There are a lot of different ways you can break down email sends and being able to look at everything from subject line interaction by job category to program ROI by attendance status is very useful in determining campaign effectiveness.

Cons:

There's kind of a learning curve and a lot of different views and reports to get accustomed to, but once you spend some time in each of the reports it gets pretty easy to anticipate what you'll need to answer any given question you may get. There is some overlap between Marketo Analytics and what our department pulls from Salesforce, but there is still a lot of use in Marketo Analytics data.

Greg D.
Director, Marketing Programs in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Adobe has killed Marketo

4 3 years ago

Comments: Good company and product that now is heading south. I would not recommend them at this point.

Pros:

Marketo used to be a very customer-focused company and the product was (and still is) very good. User-friendly, lots of features and functions, good user community.

Cons:

Customer service now SUCKS. Seriously poor. It's all about taking as much money from customers as possible. They are including an automatic "8% increase" in your price for the following year. How can you put a future price increase in a one year contract? Only an idiot would sign this and when pointed out to their "customer service" people, they didn't get the issue. So I guess they hire idiots for that job now.

Heath H.
Account Manager in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees

Perfectly integrated with Salesforce to

5 2 years ago

Comments: Saves time on emailing potential leads by setting up multiple flow chart paths that leads can go down, i recommend Marketo for large organisation or sales teams with huge databases of leads that are low percentage in terms of converting.

Pros:

Used Marketo as a plugin for Salesforce for our sales and "freemium" service. All potential leads were setup on multiple different email campaigns where we can view stats on whether they have read the emails and clicked or not. We also used Marketo to sign off on contracts by attaching T&Cs to one of the templates and having a button integration where they could signup or request more info. Marketo enables you to basically setup multiple funnel charts for emails, depending on the recipients chooses in what they open and click. Makes contact easy when you have thousands of potential leads to followup with.

Cons:

No cons, Marketo is way ahead of the curve and when i started using it a few years ago there was no other competitor that had the same functionality in my point of view.

Diana K.
Growth Team Advisor in Honduras
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

Marketo helps us keep our customer's email preferences updated

5 4 years ago

Comments: The most important benefit of using Marketo is that we keep all of our users in one place and that helps all of our teammates to work in an organized way and avoid wasting time.

Pros:

Marketo has helped our entire team to keep all our subscribers in one place and it's very easy to manage the customer's email preferences just with a click. Marketo is one of the easiest tools we've used to keep track of our distribution centers, and we definitely save a lot of time just by searching a customer's name or email address.

Cons:

Marketo is sometimes too slow when downloading a list of subscribers. Since Marketo keeps around 10,000 of our user,s it's acceptable that sometimes it becomes kind of slow.

Aslihan A.
Consultant in US
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

A solution that continuously adding value to their offering

5 4 years ago

Pros:

In addition to their technology offering, Marketo has amazing community and support team. The solution is flexible enough to enable the marketeers to adopt the solution to their needs.

Cons:

They are going thru some growing pains which resulted in some performance issues. The main issue I have experience was around the upgrade they are doing to the backend processing which resulted in inconsistent performance between their smart lists and campaigns.

Sean T.
IT Manager in US
Banking

I have a fever, and the only prescription is more Marketo!

5 5 years ago

Pros:

It's intuitive, easy to navigate, and the release/feature updates are generally exciting and impactful. Marketo has a fantastically organized product docs section, as well as an amazing active community with almost unlimited resources to consume. With a recent evolution to their Landing page and Email editors it's now easier than ever to create guided templates for repeated use and set yourself up for delivering truly personalized content.

Cons:

It's difficult to find something I don't like when Marketo has delivered time and time again. When I do have something I don't like it typically is fixed or enhanced in future releases.

Account Executive in US

Great integration with Salesforce

4 3 years ago

Pros:

We use Marketo as our lead management software. The best part about the software is its integration with Salesforce. Any and all of their data that they collect can easily be viewed and consumed by individual contributors as well as the executive team.

Cons:

They do not make it easy to be able to extract their reports. Their own dashboards are lacking.

Marketing Operations Manager in US
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Overpriced for what most companies use it for

4 last year

Comments: Used marketing as out email, landing page and marketing automation platform

Pros:

Using smart campaigns you can automate marketing processes. Integrates with almost any other marketing tools you would use.

Cons:

It's not intuitive. It is way more complicated than it needs to and basically requires a full time dedicated person(s) to use effectively. Customer support is basically nonexistant unless you pay for it. All the bells and whistles are there but you have to pay extra for them all. Other automation tools do similar for less.

Director of Euorpean Business in UK
51-200 Employees

Great marketing automation tool, best I have used.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Marketo makes my life simple. I am on the sales side and am constantly needing to manage sequences and automated emails to potential clients. Does everything I need, no complaints.

Cons:

They recently had a UI makeover and layout is more difficult to navigate. They integrate decently well with Salesforce, but there are instances in which it seems like they do not sync up entirely.

Amber H.
Demand Generation in US
Computer Software

Marketo gets 2 thumbs up!

Pros:

Marketo's integration with SFDC is completely seamless and unbelievably helpful in our daily work! Also the customization that is available is great. We create templates with tokens that allow us to easily clone & make changes to get our campaigns out the door faster and to keep our brand standards across each campaign.

Cons:

There are a few hiccups with reporting. I cannot easily give my CMO a dashboard that allows for drill downs to details. The numbers are fantastic and give us a great view into our work, but when we want to drill down on the fly, it is cumbersome.

Vanessa L.
HR Coordinator in US

Best marketing software!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Marketois for any size company! 100% recommended !!!

Pros:

I love marketo! I have been using it for 3 years and I can’t be more happy with it . I can track all the activities and engaging in social sharing , promotions and engagement . Very easy to set up and use .

Cons:

I do not have cons . It have been so helpful for my company . This is the best tool on the market .

Devraj G.
Marketing & Sales Operations Specialist in

Marketo is the premier solution for marketing automation

5 5 years ago

Comments: Marketo was the clear winner when first looking at marketing automation solutions. The robust software certainly met our needs at the time, but also offered features we were very new too. This allowed us to evolve our marketing processes and streamline certain aspects of it. Marketo will take a few months to learn the basics, and even then you will find yourself learning new things even years later. With the valuable resources Marketo offers, they set you up for success.

Pros:

- Customize-able. You can certainly find a way to accomplish any marketing task. - The Community is a tremendous resource to learn and Certification is available to validate your proficiency.

Cons:

- Support can take a few days to resolve issues. - Navigation and accessibility can be a bit earlier, (ex. cannot run “Lead Actions” from smart campaign’s results tab, program’s member's tab, or Lead Details page)

Nilesh K.
Graduate RA in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees

It makes marketing fun!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Marketo is easy to use, quick to setup and an all around amazing tool. It does everything my company needs. The interface is very easy to use even when setting up complex programs. There is a logic to how you go about things that follow the flow of most campaign design processes while helping ensure that you are covering all aspects of the campaign needed.

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve for users as well as administrators. There are plenty of resources online to help but one should not expect to load Marketo into your process and immediately log in and start building out complex programs.

Joel M.
Software Engineer in Philippines
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Best lead management tool Marketo

4 3 years ago

Comments: I will highly recommend Marketo. It's customer support is great and a big help too.

Pros:

I can say Marketo is a marketing platform that every businesses must give their trust. In a short period of time, its unbelievable help to every company is what made us try this app. too. We like that it can be integrated with other apps as well, such a perfect lead management tool.

Cons:

You may not consider this tool as one of the easiest tool to use, but you won't regret choosing Marketo as your lead management tool. Training is need at first, but not having a doubt of using this so far.

Ramin (remi) S.
Ramin (remi) S.
Marketing Associate in US
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Marketo Marketing Automation Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, it is a very easy tool that our marketing team both internally and externally has taken on with high confidence!

Pros:

Such a great tool to that is easy for anyone to learn. Easy flows for all marketing execution when it comes to email, social and contact management. All of our partners love it so far!

Cons:

Reporting so far is not too telling based off what we see from both the internal team as well as reported by our partners.

Social Media Specialist in US
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Great way to handle lead generation

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Extremely robust tool - you can do some incredible things with Marketo. Easy to scale things for the long term.

Cons:

Sometimes overly complex. There is also the occasional error that will mess up things like tokens and other settings.

Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.
Senior Manager, Demand Generation in US

Marketo Does it All

5 9 months ago

Comments: Marketo is a system that has evolved and solves most problems marketers come across.

Pros:

Marketo is a very powerful marketing automation tool. I've used it at a few different companies for years and feel like there is still so much more it can do. It makes creating and sending emails easy, it tracks lead lifecycle and integrates with salesforce to keep data maintained.

Cons:

It is hard to use if you don't know your way around. It also does a lot so some companies have it configured much differently.

Marketing Manager in France

Very complex Marketing Automation Tool

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Very powerful and customizable, especially if you are dealing with a big database

Cons:

So so so complicated to use, sometimes slow... I'm loosing to much time on it just because its UX is far from good

Sarah L.
Consultant in UK
Marketing & Advertising

Surpassed all expectations!

5 5 years ago

Pros:

Breadth and depth of offering. Can not be touched for it's flexibility and it's Ecosystem of software partners that enables you to integrate and add-on pretty much anything you could think of and more! It's for marketers, by marketers.

Cons:

Your instances can get very complex, but I don't think this is any different to any other platform in this respect.

Tomo K.
Director of Partner Marketing in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Marketo Review

4 5 years ago

Comments: I've been using Marketo for about 4 years now, it's great, does exactly what you want to do. The only problem is you need to be a marketo expert for it to work the way you want. It takes a long time to scale as a user.

Pros:

The analytics

Cons:

cost