• Overall

About BuilderTREND

Buildertrend is the No. 1 construction project management software, trusted by homebuilders, remodelers and specialty contractors.

Learn more about BuilderTREND

Filter reviews (1,552)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used BuilderTREND before?

Filter reviews (1,552)

Richard C.
Project Manager in UK
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Streamlines so many parts of our business

5 last year

Comments: Very good. If youre going to integrate BT make sure you take it on a section at a time. Dont try and open up too many sections to your team These guys have given a lot of thought to the software and it forms an amazing backbone for any client facing construction business. We couldnt last the day without it.

Pros:

This software is outstanding in many different areas We initially purchased it initially to manage our clients selections for new homes and it quickly got integrated elsewhere to the point its the backbone of many of our processes We use this now to manage client change order (it pays for itself on this alone every month) selections, materials ordering from site, daily logs, H&S management, RFI's for the design team and photo storage and programming to name but a few We couldn't go back to the old ways of doing many of these There are a lot of different features and you'll certainly find many that'll make it worth your while to use Oh and the customer support is ace

Cons:

Overall roll out is great and intuitive but you do need to comit to integrating BT to your business and this takes time and effort. THis is a software that gives back 10 fold what you put in, but it does need your comittment.

Alternatives Considered: BuilderStorm and Procore

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: Client facing elements are superb Best fit for our size of business wide host of services

last year

Richard, thank you so much for your honest review and feedback! We appreciate you sharing how Buildertrend works for Appletree Estates, and we feel so lucky to have you as customers.

Danielle T.
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: We are a boutique custom home builder; each project is unique and personalized. Although I was not involved in the selection of this software, my understanding is that we wanted a program that could be accessed by all the parties involved, handle the scheduling and move us away from paper checklists - ultimately allowing all users to be both informed of changes and to be able to plan for future events without having to directly communicate with each person. As far as scheduling goes this system has failed. It has caused more time consuming questions. My complaint is that you can only link item to item by a (or a couple) predecessor(s) that, ultimately, the program struggles with which item is next in the list if a few of them share the same linked task. Also in a best case scenario, this scheduled list is how you build a house - but in most cases something, whether it be trade related or whether related or inspection related, cause a task to be delayed but the other ones would continue on schedule however the program has linked the start date to the the delayed task and now the whole calender is messed up. Or perhaps the exterior of the house generally starts after framing and roofing but maybe a winter storm makes this impossible so you continue the interior for weeks. Then you try and adjust backwards and because your best case scenario template stated it should commence at framing completion and you delayed that. Thus your left with a domino affect of wrong dates. and a series of emails sent to vendors informing them of the delay that really didn't apply to them. So they change schedules and you are left with no trades to do the interior work that in your mind could and should be fine. I also find that the program doesn't offer enough flexibility in the selection section. It allows me to upload a previously created document to be stored that a homeowner could then log on and download. They then fill out and can't re-upload this document, so they are forced to fax or scan and email back to us. This is neither time effective nor practical. Perhaps it would be better if we were able to create a checklist that was interactive in this section, similar to the change orders where we type out the change and the client could update decisions. In our company we don't limit our clients to three choices of floor plans and two cabinet doors and 4 granite selections, they are free to choose anything they can dream of. As a result we cannot load a document that would apply to all builds. However, I believe the change orders tab is well thought out, easy to use and provides all the options to make it a valuable asset. The warranty section does a great job of tracking and notifying and saving time and assuring that service and warranty items are handled and accepted. The daily log and messaging capabilities that allow us to keep a record of notes or messages in one area logged by date and job site is extremely valuable and a good system. Furthermore, the software as a whole is easy to learn, has a logical and simple layout so even those who are not computer savvy can fumble through without creating errors and won't be too intimidated by the complexity of the software to attempt to use it. Finally, the technical support and training provided is always quick to help resolve an issue or aid in a question. New training is scheduled in a very quick time frame for free and is tailored to the person that requires it. This is handled exceptionally well in a time when often companies forget you exist once the purchase is complete. So, we have decided that we will use BuilderTrend for those things that they excel at and don't use it as a scheduling tool.

Miguel H.
Owner in US

Clunky at best.

2 last week New

Comments: They tried - nice people. You can’t overcome poor design and development. It has to be built with ease of use being a top priority.

Pros:

They are fantastic at marketing their product and putting on a good demo. Strong feature set if you can overcome a lack of flow and common sense usability.

Cons:

Packed with features yet ease of use is paid no mind. I was in the software field when everything transitioned to SAS from legacy hardware. The most important factors (high level) are security, down time, make it extremely user friendly, and feature functionality (not at the risk of losing ground on a user friendly interface). Today, if one can’t jump into a software for the first time ever and make it work with ease then it has little to no value (my humble opinion). This is exactly why many companies provide only 30 or 14 day trials or less. It either meets your needs or not but if you can’t figure it out because the execution is poor and the interface is clunky, it’s not a worthwhile investment. I think this company has focused too much on marketing with social media heads like “The Build Show” for popularity and too little on development. Make it stupid simple to where a VA in the Philippines can use it with ease and no background, only then would I have interest in trialing it. Also, the mobile app should be wiped clean and redone entirely - not usable. On to the next.

Alternatives Considered: CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: They merged and made their pricing model simple.

Randy B.
owner/president in US

G.C. point of view

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall my experience has been outstanding with this product. It has freed me up to better RUN my company (instead of it running me) and finally be able to have some decent structure to it all in a few pieces of software to include BT.

Pros:

organization, everything in one place...even if you want your QB to link to it, which we don't...I kinda like the two separate. We don't really use the PO portion of the software but have tried it and it's nice to know that its there...wish there were more video's on the entire program from set up through project completion. Techniques and more demonstrations on product capabilities and link-able aspects of the program. I use chief architect for our design software, have been for over 20 years. They have great video's of product usage, tips and techniques by chapter from set up to a completed set of quality professional plans. I believe BT could do the same, this is a great product for managing a company like ours and the cloud just makes it that much easier to work remotely anywhere in the web is. The price point is perfect for us and allows us to operate at a competitive rate.

Cons:

For what I use it for I don't really have a dislike but I don't use but maybe half of the program. Wish there were more video's on the entire program from set up through project completion. Techniques and more demonstrations on product capabilities and link-able aspects of the program.

Katie H.
Operations in US

Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have used Buildertrend for almost 3 years now and I have appreciated having it.

Pros:

I like how easy BuilderTrend is to navigate and use. The system is definitely more user friendly than any other platforms I have used in the past. I also like how visually appealing it is, rather than only focusing on functionality, creators also focused on it being nice to look at every day, which truly does make a difference when working in the same program for hours every day.

Cons:

The quickbooks connection to desktop is very very clunky and can can and has caused major issues for us in the past. In terms of accounting, there are somethings that could be better. I would like to be able to see what has been sent over vs. what has actually been paid out to a sub, so the builder can tell without having to ask the accounting department whether or not someone has actually been paid, a more detailed status report would be great. I would also like for it to play better with the "projects tab" in quickbooks. Quickbooks has made a great projects tab, but it is not usable without how the information is brought over. this may not be possible, but it would be nice. :) Buildertrend is designed mostly for custom builders in the way that it is designed to connect homeowners and use allowances. I would like in the future if there were more production building type features.

Jennifer K.
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Game changer for our daily operations

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall we've had a very positive experience and don't foresee us switching anytime soon.

Pros:

Having one place to manage all of our field operations has been a game changer. Especially the iunlimited document & photo storage -allowing us to grant access to all paperwork and details to the field team with just a few clicks. The flexibility of the scheduling platform and ability to connect tasks and create interdependent "living" schedules is great and the ability to have multiple levels of permissions for subs/clients & our team is very comprehensive as well and allows us to customize for the way we use the system. Their customer service is top notch and there is always someone available to chat about an issue and they are on top of any issues with updates and consistently adding valuable features to the platform based on very specific user feedback.

Cons:

I think they need more work on the Lead/sales managing side of the platform -we had been using ACT customer management system and would love to have the ability to also manage all client contacts and leads in Buildertrend but it is not nearly as comprehensive although they did just roll out a reports function that will help I think more option for customization would be helpful. Even if they were able to integrate with ACT or the like. I also wish they integrated with more accounting software as we use Sage and it is not supported. Admittedly it is not as common as quickbooks but the lack of integration creates more work for us on the accounting side of things.

2 years ago

Thank you for your kind words and review, Jennifer! We also appreciate your feedback on our integrations and our CRM - I will pass that feedback along to our Product team. Thanks again!

Christopher H.
Architectural Drafter in US
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Great versatility for GC and also useful for an architectural drafter

5 2 years ago

Comments: We are able to keep track of more jobs easier with Buildertrend. Our production volume was at our limit before searching for online databases and project management software; with Buildertrend we have been able to make our business work significantly more smoothly, and we have information at our fingertips which in the past was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Pros:

Buildertrend is a wonderful way to keep track of what is going on. This includes scheduling; creating, recording and sending documentation; organizing projects neatly; and staying aware of finances. It also has a very helpful Leads section, which helps me keep track of prospects from the earliest stage of when I become aware of them. In a word, I would say I appreciate most the organization which Buildertrend offers.

Cons:

To be succinct, the user interface (UI) is decent but could use some improvement. The Files section in particular could use some work. I would like it to be versatile and able to navigate easily. An example of improved versatility is being able to access information in a simpler and faster way, such as Windows Explorer offers in how I see and can analyze various folders and files. An example of easy navigation is being able to tile multiple view windows so I can compare file locations across multiple Jobs to keep similar file types in the same locations, and so I could ensure my folders all have identical names across multiple Jobs

Alternatives Considered: WorkflowMax and Procore

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: It best fit the size of our business as well as offered the precise functions and volume we needed.

2 years ago

Christopher, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback and review! I have passed your suggestions along to our Product team.

Charielle S.
Director of Business Development in
Design, 11-50 Employees

Buildertrend is a Game Changer

5 5 years ago

Comments: Our team has been using Buildertrend for just over 2 years now and we would be lost without it. It's a no-brainer! The program has given our team a competitive advantage by providing our customers with their own project website, has improved the efficiency in our processes dramatically and has made project management on site incredibly easy. Even after 2 years, I'm still learning about new features that will help our team. The program's unmatched support team, detailed and highly-developed features and complete integration has helped us increase our volume, revenue and profits... It's completely changed the game for Owen Homes.

Pros:

The included customer service team and support are unmatched. When you're running your business through this program, sometimes you need an immediate answer or need to learn a new feature on the fly and having instant access to those webinars and forums is invaluable. I also love how detailed and thought through each feature is - it's what made the switch from our old process so easy because they literally thought of everything! I could go on forever... the custom fields, different types of users and permissions, project templates, sync to Quickbooks... Buildertrend is doing it and doing it well.

Cons:

Some of the features like selections, financials, and the gantt chart portion of the calendar are definitely more challenging when trying to switch from our current process over to Buildertrend. However, I'm not sure if there is a better way for any of those; I know those will have a learning curve because those are the more difficult parts of the project. It's hard to come up with cons for the program because I feel a lot of my issues could be resolved by learning more about the feature. I guess I'll leave with a suggestion: maybe emailing or notifying users of the next month's available webinars or reminders to use the resources -- I forgot these existed for about a year, I was just watching the videos available. I would like to see more videos uploaded -- long and short on specific features.

Melody K.
Sales Manager in US

Customer Support

5 2 years ago

Comments: We do not have a "main office" so it is very difficult to have one central place where all information is kept. This software solved that problem, multiple users can look at the same file at the same time to discuss things.

Pros:

This software is VERY user friendly no matter what your computer skill level may be. The online tutorials are great and a huge time saver if you are unsure what to do. The customer support staff, should you need them, is always very quick to respond and explains how to execute your task. We were fortunate to have a two day training session with our representatives and that was priceless. Our subs and vendors are able to access our system so it really cuts down on paperwork flow and we know they are seeing the most up to date information on each project. We did have some special needs in our company to tweak things a bit and that was never a problem.

Cons:

Nothing really, it just takes time to get use to how it flows and again, any question that I did not think of until I dove in feet first, I just emailed or called customer support and got my answers right away.

2 years ago

Melody, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We truly appreciate your kind words and feedback.

Trevor A.
Owner in Guatemala

Buildertrend Saves Time and Money

4 2 years ago

Comments: Buildertrend has been great so far and we are happy we chose to use this product. Hopefully as some of these new fixes / integrations get worked out the tool will become even more useful for us!

Pros:

Once set up, there are lots of functions within Buildertrend that save us time (and therefore money). We have found our quoting processes has gone from hours or even days down to under an hour. Having a dedicated support person help walk you through set up and questions was amazing and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (our guy) is incredibly knowledgable and if he doesn't know the answer he finds it out for you.

Cons:

The integration with our accounting software, Quickbooks (QB) needs some improvement. It doesn't pass data through correctly nor does data created in QB pass back into Buildertrend very well. So unfortunately trying to get reporting on our true costs on projects still takes manual calculation. The other major drawback is there really isn't a good automatic tax feature (in Canada) so we essentially have to add a line item for each of our taxes. So if we make changes to estimate values, we need to manually update the tax lines as well.

Alternatives Considered: Procore

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: Price was actually our deciding factor. Procore looked like it actually had more features / automation that we would use, however the price of Buildertrend compared to procore was going to be quite a bit more.

2 years ago

Trevor, thank you for your honest review and feedback!

Nathan R.
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Taking the stress out of Managing

5 2 years ago

Comments: We had 5 programs that we were using to manage the projects. BT was able to reduce us down to 1. Overall its been a great program to use and it has helped us stay on schedule. It helps clients know where they are at and how much they owe. It helps us know if something has been billed/invoiced and helps us manage change orders. Great Program. Phone app is great also.

Pros:

It covers all the aspects of managing a job; from when the lead is created, to when the job is done. It gives you the power to customize, to a point, the program to fit your company and allows you to make changes on the fly. We keep up on the schedule daily but the schedule keeps our jobs running smooth. The time-clock is top notch and it communicates with QuickBooks. Overall, its the whole package and it all is two thumbs up.

Cons:

The ability to customize certain things, like tabs or change the wording. All other items Builder Trend fixes as we bring them to their attention.

Alternatives Considered: CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: We felt BT would be easier for our clients to use and navigate.

Kris G.
Production Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Buildertrend is simple to use

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Buildertrend is super simple for even the lowest tech person. It keeps all our data in one place that all employees can see. Communication is so much better with this product!

Cons:

Only one complaint - There's no way for the users to record their lunch break so that we can conform to CA regulations, also there's not a way that I know of for the employee to electronically submit their timesheet info with a signature

Alternatives Considered: Procore

Reasons for Choosing BuilderTREND: Pro Est was so hard to set up and keep maintained. Also didn't offer barely any functionality except estimating.

Switched From: ProEst

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: Cost

2 years ago

We appreciate your review and feedback, Kris! I have passed your suggestions about the lunch break and electronic signatures for timesheet info on to our Product team.

Lindsey R.
Interior Designer in US

Overall Pleased - Looking for more shortcuts

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, I have found the system very helpful!

Pros:

I feel the software is well developed. While I have not used every part I have a pretty good overview of the software and feel that the creators did a good job creating a system that is thorough for our industry.

Cons:

What I would like to see improved is an ease to using the selections. I spend a lot of time copying and deleting things that could easily be moved around easier with some simple additions to a toolbar like copy, move to another selection / project / category... I would also like a save and close button on the selections. Each time I save a selection my screen jumps around 3 times and then I can click on the X to close the window. I realize this is a small item but it would allow me to move around my projects much faster. I would also like to see a way to block cost codes that have not been selected on the Allowances so my team is not selecting incorrect codes when inputting selections. In regards to Allowances it would be nice to have a total for a category that can be broken down into each item. For example, having an allowance for appliances that I'm able to put a total of $5000 as the overall allowance but not breaking each item out while still having my cost codes listed in the Allowance so the totals are captured as selections are entered. This again would be a time saver as I need to watch my numbers but often not to the level of each cost code.

Wasay M.
Solar Design Engineer in US
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 Employees

A Perfect Business Tool.

4 2 years ago

Comments: Buildertrend is an integral part of our company, it helps in our company operations from the lead stage to sales and from there onwards to installation & collection stages with a track record of every single day.

Pros:

- We can upload all project-related documents, photos & videos under the customer folder. - We can update daily logs, which helps the team members to be on one page. - To-Dos helps us a lot in completing our task by time. - The schedule section helps a lot to keep a track record of projects. - We can send messages to our customers, and other team members can also view it using the global tab. - Under the financial tab, it gives us various categories which help a lot to our finance team.

Cons:

- It takes time while loading. - Daily logs can be edited by any team member without edit history.

2 years ago

Wasay, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review! Makes us so happy to hear that our platform is an integral part of YellowLite.

Meredith G.
Project Coordinator in US

Buildertrend is incredible

5 2 years ago

Comments: I was hired to incorporate BuilderTrend into our system for our company. I have started at zero in this industry AND with BuilderTrend. Using your computer program has greatly aided in my training of job flow and responsibility. I understand how to keep things moving forward; I get task responsibility and ownership. I feel like I learn a new helpful tip on BT every day. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting an email everyday with a training tip of the day to continue my education.

Pros:

I have an organized mind. I like to keep things consistent and predictable. In this industry, nothing is consistent or predictable, so having an information base that is reliable and helpful and as organized as my mind is INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. Project managers come at me with all questions at all times and I can have an answer for them in 3 clicks of my mouse. Job status? Material samples? Delays? Change orders? I have it all. I like that as my understanding of this field grows, I will be able to customize and implement BuilderTrend to my liking and my needs.

Cons:

There is so much to learn! I want to do it all, making our small business more efficient. I don't understand estimating or anything in the financial category. It can do SO MUCH, and I understand very little. It has taken me a long time to learn to make a schedule template that works for me, the difference between daily logs and to dos and scheduling, how change orders should be documented etc. But when I learn how to implement the program I get very excited. I can't wait to share the program with my colleagues and transform our job flow.

Alternatives Considered: Procore

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: My colleagues really hate Procore.

Clyde A.
Director in Australia

Buildertrend - 2 Years later

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Buildertrend accomplished 90% of the roles I required of it from the moment we brought it onboard. More areas of my business were consolidated in the first 6 months of use than I ever thought would happen. This allowed field workers to properly communicate with us daily via BT.

Cons:

A large number of functions are not as advertised. BTs inability to deal with tax while integrating with an accounting software poses a large challenge. This tax issue forces us to ignore use of all customer portal faucets that deal with the finance as the figures are tax free and inaccurate representations of their costs. Estimates are limited to one per job. This prevents us from using it to provide a quote for clients as we frequently quote on multiple areas of renovation work and have the client accept 1-3 separate quotes which combine to form our works. Access to the timeclock function is limited to Internal users. Internal users have full access to any documents, photos, or other data on BT. The lack of a permissions setting on internal users means I can't have a single staff member employed who cannot see all documents on a job despite how sensitive the information may be.

Christy M.
Interior Designer in US

Great Communication Tool

4 2 years ago

Comments: The greatest solution that BT provides is communication. It is so crucial that details are spelled out to our subs - especially if they are new to our team. It's just as crucial that our clients feel that their selections are clear and the options to provide links, images, upload files/documents - is fantastic. I also love the comment section for quick clarification if they choose to "decline" a selection.

Pros:

As a designer, I appreciate the ability to communicate job details to clients, construction team members, vendors, and subcontractors. Making sure that everyone is on the same page and understands the design goal is crucial in meeting the expectations of our clients. As we use more of the features that BuilderTrend provides, the customer service representative has been knowledge and prompt in their responses.

Cons:

There is a balance between making sure the software is intuitive as we move through the design/build project and making it easy for a first-time client to utilize. It would just add to the experience if potential and existing clients were able to visualize the products in the actual floor plan giving them a virtual experience. This would help up-sell the client, eliminate misunderstandings about what the materials will actually look like installed, and enhance the overall experience of our clients.

Brianna G.
Production Manager in US

Review

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall Buildertrend helps us to manage information that we are gathering for the projects that we manage. We use the sales, project management and financial aspects of the app. It is very helpful and has made us more efficient and productive.

Pros:

The ability to integrate with multiple software and programs, makes it easily implemented into our current business structure. The purchase orders, change orders, and budgeting tools are very helpful and well designed.

Cons:

Glitchy. Site sometimes does not have full functionality when they are working on updates, and customer service response time can be very slow. I dealt with the Purchase Order function not working for 8 days. I reached out to them every day asking them for an ETA of a fix, or an update of what was going on. Took a long time for them to get back to me, and not a quick resolution which negatively impacted my efficiency for that 8 days. This is one example, but we have had a few instances like this.

2 years ago

Brianna - thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had in the past with trouble in our Purchase Order function. I've passed this feedback along to our Customer Success and Product teams to ensure this doesn't happen again!

Matt G.
Project manager in Canada

Good Program

5 last year

Comments: We've always had a great experience with builder trend. If there are any issues help is a few clicks away and usually gets sorted our quite quickly. As mentioned earlier its a shame the pricing is going up as much as it is.

Pros:

This program helps track our costs with purchase orders and change orders. We do rough scheduling and the daily reports helps clients see what is being done on site daily

Cons:

They recently came out with a new pay structure which nearly doubled the costs of the program. Its a shame as we are now looking elsewhere for a program that has many of the same functions.

Alternatives Considered: Procore

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: It was a a user friendly, and cost effective management tool.

John L.
President in US

Best business decision

5 2 years ago

Comments: BT has made us so much more efficient, cut down on mistakes, shortened construction time, and increased convenience in the field. I was hesitant at first due to the cost but once we started using it, we were able to instantly see the savings and value by cutting down on costly mistakes. I really wish that I had more time to learn to use all of the great features. We probably only use 20% of the capacity of this software. Great organizational tool!

Pros:

Ease of use, value, functionality, scheduling, saving files in the cloud, etc.

Cons:

I don't have enough time to learn how to use all of the features that it offers.

Alternatives Considered: CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to BuilderTREND: Recommendations from colleagues and a lower monthly cost.

Justine J.

Building with BuilderTrend

5 2 years ago

Comments: If we ever run into problems with BT, tech support is just a phone call away. They are always very prompt in getting our issues resolved.

Pros:

Using BT has everyone on the same page - customers, subs, crews - as far as the schedule, if materials have been ordered/delivered, and which change orders have been approved. Subs are notified as soon as a selection is made so they can get it ordered or planned. Customers can see where they stand financially at any moment. They can also see photos of the project as it progresses and time tracking is very useful. Our field guys have it on their phones so all the information is at their fingertips. A lot of time is saved by not having to make calls to ask questions or get things clarified.

Cons:

There isn't anything I can think of that I don't like about it. BT is always working to improve the software and changes are often integrated without notice. But that's better than having to periodic upgrades as software releases are made. Everyone gets the latest version so no one is missing anything.

Ann R.
Pricer in US
Design, 11-50 Employees

Creating Proposals

5 2 years ago

Pros:

My main function is to create proposals for our customers. BT is set up with all our pricing for products and services which makes it quick and easy to price projects. Creating templates for remodeling a kitchen or bathroom makes it even easier to provide proposals. Tweeking the template to customize to our customer is very easy too.

Cons:

We wish there were more report options to be able to print out for assessing and reviewing.

Kirk V.
Senior Construction Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Information where you need it, when you want it.

4 2 years ago

Comments: It's work very well for me. I had been using Shared Dropbox folders with my team, that worked but seem inefficient. At first I didn't like the Scheduling side but it has improved greatly, I'm not missing MS Project anymore. Overall I give it a big thumbs up.

Pros:

I like having all the job information accessible anywhere - on iPad, Phone or Computer. That my subcontractors have access to prints, specs and selections. The program is working great for Change Orders, I like that subs and suppliers can be tied into changes. I use the Daily Log feature not daily but a few times a week on each job - Our homeowners love it.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to overlay changes on the print, like layers. Entering in selections is time consuming and slow - I'm hoping that is a work in progress.

Aileen K.
Project Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Excellent for job Scheduling and consolidating documentation

5 2 years ago

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. I love that I can be at a job site and pull up necessary information immediately. I can also refer a sub to the same place so their questions can be answered as well. We are trying to encourage owners to utilize it more, but only a few are taking advantage.

Pros:

At the present time we use BT mainly for scheduling our jobs and giving us a central location to keep all documentation for the job. In these two areas, we use the program extensively. I have just begun using it to submit bid requests and am becoming more proficient with this. I feel like BT is very powerful and I have only touched the tip of its capabilities. With each new job we begin I try to expand our usage more fully. Your online help, live chats and training videos are EXCELLENT!! My coach has been extremely helpful and I have gained much knowledge from my personal appointments with him.

Cons:

I don't believe there is anything I like the least. Sometimes the layers necessary to upload and access documentation is a bit tedious, but I am familiar with this. For our subs or other users it appears to be challenging for them.

George W.
Owner in US

Overall Impression

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall BT is a good program for contractors. Other program may cost more but with BT, you get a lot for your money.

Pros:

Pros: Client management, Time clocks, to do's are very easy to use when keeping track on several jobs. We have to keep daily report on every activity on the site and we can customize the reports. We also like the subcontractor vendors listing and the bid proposals, the photo library per project is excellent. We also like the scheduling and reminders. The software has a lot of good features and the BT team listen to what contractors have to say and sometimes incorporates those ideas making the program a must have.

Cons:

Cons: Our subcontractor and clients don't like login into program every time they want see reports or get information. Busy people like one get information quickly. Getting people to login to all types of accounts is a struggle and BT does get it. Owners can login because they have time, contractors and subcontractors already have too much to deal with.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review and feedback, George! I will pass your feedback off to our Product team.