15 years helping British businesses

About Buildertrend

Our mission is to bring order and efficiency to the construction process for all contractors.

Learn more about Buildertrend

Pros:

Easy to use and understandUser friendly data interpretations and data setsMultiple intergration options.

Cons:

My only complaint is not so much with the software itself as it is with back end users. For this software to work to its full potential it needs to be fully utilized.

Buildertrend ratings

4.3
4.7
4.2
4.3

8.6/10

Buildertrend has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 1,629 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Buildertrend before?

Filter reviews (1,629)

Brian
Brian
Solar Consultant in US
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

Revolutionized my sales follow up

Comments: I used other CRMs in the past, but love using BuilderTrend. Its simple setup has allowed me to keep track of my customers as well as provide better follow up to my clients. I just utilize the Sales section of BuilderTrend, but it has improved my client relationships and increased my overall sales.

Pros:

Buildertrend is great--I love using the Activity Calendar and Lead Report to keep track of my follow up with my customers. I can use activity notes to remember what I discussed with customers when we last spoke, and this helps me engage in better dialogue when I follow up with customers. Our installation team loves using the project management feature to keep track of our installs and provide an easy transition from sales to installation.

Cons:

The user interface is kind of clunky, especially on the app. Sometimes it is difficult to find stuff and the filters can get annoying.

5 years ago

Brian, thank you for your review and honest feedback! We love hearing how Buildertrend has helped your company.

Janelle
Customer Relations Manager in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Buildertrend has all the features a construction business might need

Comments: Buildertrend has been a very helpful solution for our construction business. We use it to manage and monitor the activities of our field personnel, we use it for quoting, mobile app, work orders, and more. It works ver well and is priced relativel lower than some of the competitors. All in all, it's been a treat for our operations.

Pros:

I think what separates is from other similar tools is that it's completely customized for construction. It has estimating and quoting, work orders, task management, field service monitoring, you name it. It saves you from having to buy and use a dozen different software for each thing.

Cons:

It's kind of confusing an all over the place in the beginning, and there isn't a lot of support documentation online. Pretty easy to use once you get the hand of it though.

7 months ago

Hi Janelle. We're glad to hear you are getting some great value out of Buildertrend. We understand implementation can be a challenge and appreciate your feedback!

Danielle
Used the Software for: Not provided

Comments: We are a boutique custom home builder; each project is unique and personalized. Although I was not involved in the selection of this software, my understanding is that we wanted a program that could be accessed by all the parties involved, handle the scheduling and move us away from paper checklists - ultimately allowing all users to be both informed of changes and to be able to plan for future events without having to directly communicate with each person. As far as scheduling goes this system has failed. It has caused more time consuming questions. My complaint is that you can only link item to item by a (or a couple) predecessor(s) that, ultimately, the program struggles with which item is next in the list if a few of them share the same linked task. Also in a best case scenario, this scheduled list is how you build a house - but in most cases something, whether it be trade related or whether related or inspection related, cause a task to be delayed but the other ones would continue on schedule however the program has linked the start date to the the delayed task and now the whole calender is messed up. Or perhaps the exterior of the house generally starts after framing and roofing but maybe a winter storm makes this impossible so you continue the interior for weeks. Then you try and adjust backwards and because your best case scenario template stated it should commence at framing completion and you delayed that. Thus your left with a domino affect of wrong dates. and a series of emails sent to vendors informing them of the delay that really didn't apply to them. So they change schedules and you are left with no trades to do the interior work that in your mind could and should be fine. I also find that the program doesn't offer enough flexibility in the selection section. It allows me to upload a previously created document to be stored that a homeowner could then log on and download. They then fill out and can't re-upload this document, so they are forced to fax or scan and email back to us. This is neither time effective nor practical. Perhaps it would be better if we were able to create a checklist that was interactive in this section, similar to the change orders where we type out the change and the client could update decisions. In our company we don't limit our clients to three choices of floor plans and two cabinet doors and 4 granite selections, they are free to choose anything they can dream of. As a result we cannot load a document that would apply to all builds. However, I believe the change orders tab is well thought out, easy to use and provides all the options to make it a valuable asset. The warranty section does a great job of tracking and notifying and saving time and assuring that service and warranty items are handled and accepted. The daily log and messaging capabilities that allow us to keep a record of notes or messages in one area logged by date and job site is extremely valuable and a good system. Furthermore, the software as a whole is easy to learn, has a logical and simple layout so even those who are not computer savvy can fumble through without creating errors and won't be too intimidated by the complexity of the software to attempt to use it. Finally, the technical support and training provided is always quick to help resolve an issue or aid in a question. New training is scheduled in a very quick time frame for free and is tailored to the person that requires it. This is handled exceptionally well in a time when often companies forget you exist once the purchase is complete. So, we have decided that we will use BuilderTrend for those things that they excel at and don't use it as a scheduling tool.

Katie
Katie
Partner in US

Buildertrend Helped Our Business Scale

Pros:

Our team uses the scheduling tool and invitation to invite subcontractors to participate most often, allowing transparency in each project. Our showrooms are getting on board as well, it cuts down communication and adds eyes onto the project timeline for added accountability.

Cons:

We don't have any complaints, the software exceeds the capabilities we need, leaving us with continued learning opportunities. More frequent scheduled training would be a bonus for those who have busy schedules, and the technology moves fast! However, we feel good the this software continues to innovate and listens to what its users need.

Bethany
Office & Project Coordinator in Canada

Great Platform - Bit Pricey

Comments: Overall, we would still be using BuilderTrend if it was more affordable, and if the features that are not compatible with a Canadian company could be accommodated. It would also be helpful to have Canadian billing to keep the cost more affordable for small business.

Pros:

The platform itself is very well set up. Once you complete the BuilderTrend role training it is very easy to navigate all aspects of the system from lead status to completion.

Cons:

Compared to other platforms that are set up almost the same, we found BuilderTrend to be quite expensive. There are also features that are not compatible with a Candian company as they are American, which also added to the overall cost due to the exchange rate.

9 months ago

Hi Bethany, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Buildertrend! We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team.

President in US

Builder Trend Review from and established Custome Builder

Comments: It has been disappointing. If you are a Coconstruct user I would recommend you wait as long as you can and then either switch to Builder Trend or at that point maybe there will be some better software in the marketplace. Six months in, and tens of thousands of dollars implementing we are 50/50 on whether we will keep it. We keep trying to find work around. We have 10 people on our team and no one is pleased.
We are hopeful that they will change. We have asked why they do not adopt more features from CoConstruct and we are told they are considering it. Unfortunately they do not list these changes on the Road Map of changes they say they are working on. We are beginning to think they really do not plan on adopting more of Coconstruct and just say they are to attract Coconstruct's loyal followers.

Pros:

The product does look good and they seem well capitalized which bodes well for their longevity. They also bought the software that we used, CoConstruct, and had said they were going to merge the two, taking the best of both software.

Cons:

We moved from CoConstruct. Buildertrend has a ton of features but it is not intuitive and does not tie together well. It is a mile wide but an inch thick. It is not designed for the Custom Home Builder, it is for a production Builder software. It does not tie well to Quickbooks either. Overall Builder Trend has lots of features, but they "live" in different silos and one function does not communicate well with the other function. The estimate software is bad, and way too complicated. You cannot condense multiple estimate lines into love category, etc.... The specifications tab does not translate to the selections. You cannot add attachments to the specifications. CoConstruct was a beautiful software that worked wonderfully and was design to be efficient. Builder Trend is not.

7 months ago

Hi John. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Please reach out to our team when you get a chance. We'd love to see how we can better support you through the transition from CoConstruct to Buildertrend.

Richard
Project Manager in UK
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Streamlines so many parts of our business

Comments: Very good. If youre going to integrate BT make sure you take it on a section at a time. Dont try and open up too many sections to your team These guys have given a lot of thought to the software and it forms an amazing backbone for any client facing construction business. We couldnt last the day without it.

Pros:

This software is outstanding in many different areas We initially purchased it initially to manage our clients selections for new homes and it quickly got integrated elsewhere to the point its the backbone of many of our processes We use this now to manage client change order (it pays for itself on this alone every month) selections, materials ordering from site, daily logs, H&S management, RFI's for the design team and photo storage and programming to name but a few We couldn't go back to the old ways of doing many of these There are a lot of different features and you'll certainly find many that'll make it worth your while to use Oh and the customer support is ace

Cons:

Overall roll out is great and intuitive but you do need to comit to integrating BT to your business and this takes time and effort. THis is a software that gives back 10 fold what you put in, but it does need your comittment.

4 years ago

Richard, thank you so much for your honest review and feedback! We appreciate you sharing how Buildertrend works for Appletree Estates, and we feel so lucky to have you as customers.

Arthur
Contract Administrator in Australia

Arthur's BT experience at TCON Homes

Comments: It is helping in changing the culture at TCON Homes. It is a bit hard to explain for construction people that planning is more cost effective than starting smashing walls because you are aggregating value doing physical labour.

Pros:

Communication of job progress with subcontractors, client portal, upload photos, variatin and owner invoices.

Cons:

There is no taxes *yet. No milestones schedule items, but maybe not needed. Hope one day I can see To-dos on Gantt chart (not as a extra line, but a floating point).

Boone
Boone
Administrative Assistant in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Easy Onboarding with this polished project management system.

Comments: Buildertrend has really done there best to make our implementation go smoothly. We have ran into some bugs in the system, but they have always corrected the issues eventually. I definitely recommend this software to any small to medium sized construction company looking to tie their different departments together using one integrated system.

Pros:

Buildertrend has extensive customization options through the use of custom fields, filters, and views. The system is straight forward to navigate, and never leaves you wondering exactly where you're at in the program.

Cons:

The accounting functions are rather simplistic, and lacking some necessary features to make things work well. Also, the print-outs are not very consistent and sometimes lack pertinent project information such as the job name.

5 years ago

Thank you for your review, Boone! We really appreciate it. We value your feedback and have passed it along to our Product team.

Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and not just for building homes

Comments: I would recommend this to other companies. My friend is using it perfectly for her real estate sales and marketing company. They're not even building but I'm finding that this platform is flexible and adaptable like that.

Pros:

My favourite bit about this software is that I can add as many users as I like and not incur extra charges like we do for other software. At one point we had over 40 users. It's extremely helpful to us to have this feature because as a small business, we want to grow and it's difficult to do that if we can't include all the people we need in a system due to cost.

Cons:

We had issues with the cost codes. There were issues that could only be dealt with through the backend. I wish we had the ability to fix things like that ourselves including uploading a csv into the system.

5 years ago

Diana, thank you so much for your review! It's awesome to hear the way you are using it for your business, along with your friend in her business too!

Trevor
Owner in Guatemala

Buildertrend Saves Time and Money

Comments: Buildertrend has been great so far and we are happy we chose to use this product. Hopefully as some of these new fixes / integrations get worked out the tool will become even more useful for us!

Pros:

Once set up, there are lots of functions within Buildertrend that save us time (and therefore money). We have found our quoting processes has gone from hours or even days down to under an hour. Having a dedicated support person help walk you through set up and questions was amazing and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (our guy) is incredibly knowledgable and if he doesn't know the answer he finds it out for you.

Cons:

The integration with our accounting software, Quickbooks (QB) needs some improvement. It doesn't pass data through correctly nor does data created in QB pass back into Buildertrend very well. So unfortunately trying to get reporting on our true costs on projects still takes manual calculation. The other major drawback is there really isn't a good automatic tax feature (in Canada) so we essentially have to add a line item for each of our taxes. So if we make changes to estimate values, we need to manually update the tax lines as well.

4 years ago

Trevor, thank you for your honest review and feedback!

Bridget
Owner/ Office Manager in Canada
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Buildertrend changed how we do business.

Comments: This program is integral to our operations, and I am looking forward to eventually using all of the functions it is capable of. I am still learning!

Pros:

Using Buildertrend replaced an entire full time position, at least. It allows the information from the Sales to Project Management to Accounting to be all in one spot and easy to use. The project records are complete from lead opportunity stage to completion- which is incredibly valuable. Setting up the software took time and effort, but it was mostly transitioning that took the most effort. But every time I am not sure what to do I just call the Customer Support and my problems are solved! It is an incredible service. We have spent the last year and a half streamlining our business to remain competitive in a changing market- and Buildertrend has allowed us to reach the next level of business.

Cons:

There are some functions that could work better for us (ie: limited things you can do with a project while in lead opportunity status etc) but there are constant updates and changes being made to the system. I am confident that there will continually be developments to suit our needs better. Another challenge was getting all of our vendors on board to accept PO's from the program etc. Also- the fact that the emails come from buildertrend.com instead of my own email address is confusing for some of our clients and vendors. Some clients have so much difficulty with their Owner portal that we have to accept sign offs outside of the system- which I hope to change.

5 years ago

Thank you for your 5-star review and honest feedback, Bridget! We love to hear that you are utilizing our unlimited customer support - they're always there for you and your team. I've passed the issues you're having onto my team and I hope we can get those fixed for you soon!

Mark
President in US

Builder Trend Review

Comments: Incredible team product. It takes a lot to learn and get everybody on-board but it ties all parts together in an organized system that can be shared by all on the team. The Daily reports and budget are the most important part to running the business. I know more of what is going on in each job now than when I would try to visit them daily. Great program I do not know how we managed without it

Pros:

Daily Reports, Budgets, Owners Portal , Lead tracking and use. file management great. All information is in one place & organized. The To-do Ap is great and has a task check off sheet which is great except for one fatal flaw.

Cons:

Messaging comes from Buildertrend and not from our own email or our name in front. Confusing clients, reducing branding opportunities for us, creating junk-mail issues with our clients. - We just do not use it. The Billing side is weird but improving. The payments to subcontractors has improved and can be done on a percentage basis but the billing to clients does not. We use an AIA billing form and use that with the Buildertrend system but the Change orders appear and add to the bill making it awkward and we have to tell clients not to ignore the amount owed on the bottom of the billing. The selections ap is a good idea and is believed in by some in our organization. It is awkward and confusing and I personally think it would work better if it was treated somewhat like a change order. I think if the change orders show up on Billing page so should selections. The To-do Ap is great except that it allows the task to be assigned to multiple people. In a way that is good but if more than one person is responsible than no one is. I think it should have a primary responsible person (this can bye done by assigning tasks but that is cumbersome and has other issues. -The To-do Ap is great and has a task check off sheet which is great except for one fatal flaw. The task check off sheet inside the to-do task is great except that the task can be marked complete by anyone though not all the sub tasks have been marked complete

5 years ago

Mark - thank you for your review and feedback! I've passed your suggestions on to our Product team to review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this!

Sales Administrative Assistant in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

It would be a great program if they made a few adjustments

Comments: When it works perfectly it has helped our 3 offices in 3 different locations communicate better and know what each other are doing on projects. We have just had to take more longer steps to make sure everyone is getting the correct information and making sure the information was passed onto the next person.

Pros:

It is better than most I have worked with. It is very easy to understand without having to use codes to get into sections.

Cons:

It tends to freeze a lot when I am uploading documents . I have noticed that when I am inputting information it doesn't always save despite hitting the save button numerous times. Thank goodness one of my employers knows this programs faults and doesnt think I am not doing my job correctly. Although it has caused issues with other management wanting to know why certain projects were missing items that I know I completed. Another issue that would make my and many others very frustrated is when we have worked with a client and sold a job then we get another project from the same client on the same property months later we have to create a whole new lead and copy and paste all the information on the old lead and paste it into a new lead in order for us to be able to create a new job. It is very time consuming to do this. It would be great if there was some way we could attach or add another job to the same lead and be able to create another job from the same lead without all the copy and paste steps we have had to do. Also when I am creating a todo on the bottom it asks which salesperson is this job from so I select it. If I do not add the salesman to job assigned to he will not be able to see what is happening with the job. It would be great if I could just hit the button on the bottom where I select the salesman and he automatically will get a notification and access to all information on this job instead of me having to assign it to him and select him on the bottom as well.

Heather
Project Coordinator in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great software for job organization!

Comments: Overall Buildertrend has transformed our company for the better and brought us successfully into the future. We were able to go from all paperwork to virtually all digital. Files drawers full of paperwork sorted by each job are a thing of the past. Now all the information anyone needs is all packaged nicely, per job, at our fingertips!

Pros:

I love the all encompassing information housing Buildertrend provides for each of our jobs. All of our team members can access this info with ease. No more information hiding in private emails or documents hiding on company drives...all of which cause major problems when team members are on holiday or out sick.

Cons:

There are a few quirks and drawbacks I have found on Buildertrend. The most common qiurk seems to be the inconsistency of the same functions across different sections in Buildertrend. For instance uploading a file is done one way in one section of Buildertrend and a different way in another. Same with deleting items. In one section things just delete, in other sections you have to verify deletion and then select done...two extra steps. In the Leads section I can send a document out to be signed whether or not a customer has a log in to Buildertrend, but in the Change Order section (once the lead is a job) I can no longer send documents to an external emails for approval. I have to use Docusign to get signatures. This is not very streamlined. Seems like they had different teams writing code for different sections and they never communicated to each other on how to keep functions consistent throughout the software. The worst drawback is that there is essentially no function for schedulING. The scheduLES within each job are great, but when it comes time for a foreman to see what team members and subs are scheduled on what jobs and what ones are available to schedule, there is no function :(

Charielle
Director of Business Development
Design, 11–50 Employees

Buildertrend is a Game Changer

Comments: Our team has been using Buildertrend for just over 2 years now and we would be lost without it. It's a no-brainer! The program has given our team a competitive advantage by providing our customers with their own project website, has improved the efficiency in our processes dramatically and has made project management on site incredibly easy. Even after 2 years, I'm still learning about new features that will help our team. The program's unmatched support team, detailed and highly-developed features and complete integration has helped us increase our volume, revenue and profits... It's completely changed the game for Owen Homes.

Pros:

The included customer service team and support are unmatched. When you're running your business through this program, sometimes you need an immediate answer or need to learn a new feature on the fly and having instant access to those webinars and forums is invaluable. I also love how detailed and thought through each feature is - it's what made the switch from our old process so easy because they literally thought of everything! I could go on forever... the custom fields, different types of users and permissions, project templates, sync to Quickbooks... Buildertrend is doing it and doing it well.

Cons:

Some of the features like selections, financials, and the gantt chart portion of the calendar are definitely more challenging when trying to switch from our current process over to Buildertrend. However, I'm not sure if there is a better way for any of those; I know those will have a learning curve because those are the more difficult parts of the project. It's hard to come up with cons for the program because I feel a lot of my issues could be resolved by learning more about the feature. I guess I'll leave with a suggestion: maybe emailing or notifying users of the next month's available webinars or reminders to use the resources -- I forgot these existed for about a year, I was just watching the videos available. I would like to see more videos uploaded -- long and short on specific features.

CEO in US

Well worth the money

Comments: The software, like all I've tried to implement over the years, can be a little frustrating at first. You're going to get pushback from trade contractors and field people. However, I think it is well worth it. More importantly, the trades and field people have come to rely on the software and usually appreciate it after 3 to 4 jobs.

Pros:

The customer service is surprisingly amazing. Anytime I have a question, I am able to reach someone by phone or email very quickly. The integration with Quickbooks Desktop is almost flawless. We use the daily logs quite regularly. These logs allow the entire team to remain up to date on the jobs and their progress. We've also found that the homeowners are reassured by these daily logs. The bids section has saved us tremendous time and increased our estimating accuracy. The ability to be able to template jobs, bid packages, and so many other items saves us a ton of time.

Cons:

The software seems to be most suited for a cost-plus project. As we bid jobs on a fixed price, we have found a few of the features less useful. We are only using about half of the features. I can't fairly say that these unused features are not good, but we do want to use some of these features, and the fact that we have been unable to implement them causes me some frustration. These features include the selections and the warranty sections.

Kathy
Office Manager in Canada

BuilderTREND Review

Comments: We are very impressed with Buildertrend. They are always coming up with new ideas. They are very progressive and very responsive to any programming changes. We have tried similar products in the past but nothing compares to Buildertrend. We would highly recommend this software. It is an important tool in the daily operation of our company.

Pros:

I like that it is one platform for our staff, our clients and our subtrades. I like the ease of the change order approval and decline, and the change orders are interactive with the appropriate vendors and subtrades. The schedules are so helpful to keep everyone apprised of the sequence of events. We use the daily logs to record our field visits and items that need to be actioned from those meetings. The To-Do tab keeps everyone on task and on time. We also enjoy the lead opportunity to make sure we are following up with all our potential clients.

Cons:

The inability to hide non pertinent information from the client view. We like to keep things as simple as possible for clients, so they are not confused. We would like the ability to hide columns that the client is not required to action. e.g. selection, change orders.

5 years ago

Kathy, thank you so much for your kind words and your 5-star review! We truly appreciate it. I've also passed your feedback along to our Product team! Thanks again.

Kim
US

Excellent

Comments: I really can't enough about the customer service. They always answer the question I ask. My Customer Success Manager, , is so unbelievable. If every rep I had in my construction was like him, I would have no problems. But, all the other people who answer the phone are great, too. I attended a BTUniversity event, and the event planner, Danielle, for that was amazing, as well. EVERYONE I have ever dealt with (after sales) at BT has the best attitude. They are helpful and lovely and all things good. For those of you who do not know, they have bootstrapped the funding for this company. As a lot of us in construction have done, I find it extremely respectful. The guys who are in charge have done a great job and are very humble coupled with excitement for their business.

Pros:

This online management system is so great in every way. It is so intuitive to the construction community. I love the ease of scheduling, the ease of selections, having everything in one place for our team, the level of permissions per team member, and the customer support is off the charts - I don't think there's a rating high enough for them. I used a competitor of BT for years, and it's like driving a Tesla compared to a ModelT.

Cons:

What I like least is that I didn't find it sooner and the sales experience...barf. I get why they sell the way they do, but it's icky. Eventually, I forgot about how gross it was because the customer service is unimaginably great! Don't not sign-up because your sales person lacks authenticity and makes your skin crawl. The experience after is totally worth it.

6 years ago

Kim, thank you so much for your great feedback! It was wonderful to meet you at Buildertrend University and we’re so happy you got so much out of our event. We’d love to have you back here in Omaha anytime!

Wasay
Solar Design Engineer in US
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

A Perfect Business Tool.

Comments: Buildertrend is an integral part of our company, it helps in our company operations from the lead stage to sales and from there onwards to installation & collection stages with a track record of every single day.

Pros:

- We can upload all project-related documents, photos & videos under the customer folder. - We can update daily logs, which helps the team members to be on one page. - To-Dos helps us a lot in completing our task by time. - The schedule section helps a lot to keep a track record of projects. - We can send messages to our customers, and other team members can also view it using the global tab. - Under the financial tab, it gives us various categories which help a lot to our finance team.

Cons:

- It takes time while loading. - Daily logs can be edited by any team member without edit history.

5 years ago

Wasay, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review! Makes us so happy to hear that our platform is an integral part of YellowLite.

Jesse
Interior Designer in US

Easy to Use - Professional and Civilian

Comments: My experience with Buildertrend has been overall very positive and getting better all the time with the enhancements and technological advances it has made over the past two years. I can't imagine going back to how were did things before.

Pros:

There are many aspects that I love about it but I'd have to say that the best one I use everyday is the client portal and how easy it is to interact in live time with them either about budget, product selection, invoicing, daily logs and record keeping. It keeps everyone up to date without actually having to update everyone individually and it keeps clients in the loop of day to day or week to week activities whether they are around or not.

Cons:

The first time we used the software, it had some bugs to be worked out with how it interfaced with other programs and ease of use. They seem to have worked these bugs out and are continually enhancing it by listening to users input and how their individual needs can be met.

Emma
Vice President of Sales in US

Excellent Product

Comments: Buildtrend has been a fantastic choice for us. We have taken our business from all paper-based, to 95% paper-free because of this change. We are also getting a significant improvement in the use of our field supervisors' time because they are actually out in the field instead of sitting at a computer.

Pros:

Buildertrend has been exactly the product we needed to allow our field supervisors to actually be in the field instead of in the office. Our supers are able to easily schedule their crews on the go and also keep all of their job notes in the Daily Logs. This keeps everyone on the same page and allows those of us in the office to see real-time what's happening in the field. We also use the system to track upcoming houses, safety meetings, and warranty issues. It is very user friendly.

Cons:

I only have very minor complaints: I wish we could merge multiple lead opportunities together. Also, pulling reports from the schedule is ok, but we have to drop everything into Excel and create our own reports to pay our subcontractors.

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your review and feedback, Emma! I've passed your suggestions along to our Product team. And we love hearing how we can save your company paper, and time!

William
manager in US

6 year user

Comments: 1. Tracking job costs is manageable using the budget and purchase order system. It takes time to input the data but as long as it is being regularly entered, it's not too bad. It synchs with Quick Books. I can open the app on my phone and see exactly where my budget is on a job.
2. Customer interface is good. It's great having all important communications go through one site instead of multiple email or text message accounts. Owners can also easily see the schedule, budget, photos, etc. It makes my company look good compared to competition.

Pros:

Buildertrend has the best customer service! I dread having to call the bank or phone company or any other companies for help on the phone but with Buildertrend, i get immediate service by very sharp people that speak my language and can log on and resolve my issues very promptly. They are constantly improving the product and have a system for receiving suggested improvements and allow you to see where it falls on their priorities. if enough people have an issue, they will make it a priority.

Cons:

Getting the initial setup done but they really make that easy too. This will apply to any system. The pricing seemed to creep up but i've gotten over it and it's just another monthly fee.

Wayne
Director in Australia

Buildertrend Our way to scale-ability

Comments: Working with Buildertrend has been fantastic, taking our company to a whole new level of professionalism and efficiency.
Ryan, our BT Coach is always approachable and contactable for any issues or questions we may have.
I would highly recommend to any company to implement Buildertrend to take their company to a whole new level.

Pros:

The interface is user Friendly and the tutorials easy to follow for all levels of our team. The cloud based system with live updates has allowed for all team members to access live data, Photos and videos no matter were they might be working. Our clients have an interface and capability to be a part of the construction process and see live updates of what is happening on their new home. Buildertrend has allowed us to implement systems and checklist all in one place available to everyone., We are now in the process of scaling our Company to build in outer regions. All easily controllable from the head office.

Cons:

- Some of the windows and drop down categories don't have the flexibility to change what text is fixed by Buildertrend internally. - Not having tax inclusive and exclusive in the owner invoices and the Purchase orders (Australia 10%GST) - Using the selections window we have had to set up a work around to show the client a cost difference between the base item and the item they select. This results in not being able to use the selection as part of the estimate and the item selected has to be carried in from elsewhere.

Adam
Owner in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great app for custom home builder

Pros:

The ability for the owner to see the home under construction. Daily logs, photos, schedule, once their loaded, you can oversee many more jobs. Our office can upload change orders and tag a Superintendent, a Superintendent can take a request on site, price, and an owner can execute a change order on site, a freebie confirming a verbal request or a extra. The office can order advance items by watching progress, speeding up build times. We upload all plans, shop drawings, permitting info, making the Superintendent much less reliant on sales/design/office explanations. Easy for owners to communicate questions, requests, and payments. We bought it for the owner interface and scheduling interface, and found it useful for so much more, Lead management, warranty, and mobility.

Cons:

For it to be functional the entire team needs to utilize it. We had a few that didn’t buy in, some were relying on it but not others, and that can be a headache. The schedule is harder than I would like for Superintendent to make changes. Large changes, should be done from the office on a desktop.

6 years ago

Adam - We really appreciate the positive feedback. I will have your Buildertrend Coach reach out to you to talk about any additional training and the scheduling feature!