• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About Intervals

Take control of your projects and find out where your time is going with customizable workflows and detailed, meaningful reports.

Learn more about Intervals

Showing 25 reviews of 66

Rod J.

"Nice but needs more"

Comments: We are are active users of this service but there are many things that it doesn't do well. We find that getting this integrated with our other systems is a challenge and that other products on the market are beginning to offer attractive features. As changing platforms means that we need to change our business practices we are not looking to move (at least in the near term) but at some point other features may attract us to other platforms. One challenge is integration with our accounting software Saasu. The ability to invoice within Intervals is OK but it isn't an accounting tool. There are many features that would be useful and I have suggested adding tags to all of the levels as a feature request in the past so that we can better identify groups of tasks or projects. Reporting isn't great and we find that we have to export the data and use other services to get the reports that we need. New features don't seem to appear that often which does make me wonder whether this service is seen more as a cash cow for the company than an actively developed service that will maintain its competitive edge over time.

Pros: Price point is good. It is easy to use.

Cons: Lack of features, difficulty in integration

by Pelago on 20/04/2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We understand how integrating Intervals with third-party tools can be a challenge, and it's one of the areas we are improving. We've recently launched a few more integrations, and we're currently evaluating which ones to add next. Our goal is to continue adding the features and integrations that will benefit the majority of our customers the most. We'll be taking your notes into consideration as we do so. Thank you, again, for sharing.

Brandon W.
Management Accountant
Construction, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Intervals"

Comments: It has allowed us to move away from paper based timesheets and track timesheets weekly.

Pros: Its fairly easy to use, you cant make any mistake that will 'break' the system. captures and tracks time fairly well.

Cons: I feel a feature that is missing is the ability to allocate staff to a home project/business unit. this would help our business greatly if when running a time entry report, along with seeing the project the hours have been billed to that we could see the home business unit (e.g HR, Finance, Marketing etc) that this person belongs to. It would also be great if you could copy a previous weeks timesheet for re-entry in current/future weeks rather than having to upload this as a template or enter time using the 'add multiple time entries' option.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Srilekha K.
Global Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Great tool for Project Management and time tracking!"

Comments: I strongly believe I made the right choice going for intervals and its price worth!

Pros: Easy time tracking. Gantt charts are good to swap the task dates. During my research, I observed intervals gives a better UI experience.

Cons: There are some issues with reporting tools however the support team gives fixes in a day or two. The resource allocation report isn't working at all.

by Pelago on 05/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We sincerely appreciate it. With the resource allocation report not working please feel free to submit a bug from within your account and start a ticket with our support team. We can do some troubleshooting and hopefully get the issue resolved.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
Thomas S.
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"Single most important decision to enhance my business"

Comments: Since I use the the time management of intervals customer satisfaction has greatly increased due to better delivery timing. Moreover I was able to adjust pricing and project cost calculations neatly, having great statistics and overviews of previous projects at hand. I would recommend this tool to everyone who offers services to customers and works on his/her own account. I reckon to have increased my income by more than 30% due to this valuable software.

Pros: Timers at the bottom of the page counting every single second needed for a certain task.
Task management with calendar.
"Summary" and "Break it down" reports with possibility to create a nice and customisable pdf-version for customers.

Cons: Total rates inside projects are always calculated based on time and hourly rate. It could be interesting to be able to assign a total cost independently.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Thomas, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

Wow! 30%! That is great news. We've heard this from other customers as well and it never ceases to make our week.

We appreciate the feedback on tracking project costs and we've added this idea to our notes.

We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Jessica H.
Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2019

"Small business lifesaver"

Comments: I manage multiple contracts, different periods of performance, different small teams, different pricing s has done it all for me. I don’t stress when I do invoicing. Ease of reports and estimations for business proposals. Can’t say enough good things

Pros: 1. Documentation and responsiveness from support. Customer service means everything to my clients, so another company that performs this way to keep me operational is excellent.
2. Ease to implement, change and operate. This is a no fuss-get business done platform. If you’re looking for bubbly themes and widgets, go elsewhere. This streamlines the management of your work in a professional way for all industries, and let’s you focus on doing your life’s calling
3. Pricing and performance. Every year or so I look at what is out there. I consider moving to something that may be a tad more expensive thinking I will get something different. Doesn’t exist for the small business team (in my opinion). Pricing has stayed consistent and reasonable for small businesses and doesn’t sacrifice on the first two items mentioned here!

Cons: Nothing I can think of...other than doing the work for me!

• Reviewed on 31/08/2019
Zsombor Z.
BI Architect
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"TimeTask is the best project management tool with time booking functionality"

Comments: After trying several time booking and project management software this is the best one that brings together these two things. I am using it for more than 8 years now. It is just great, for small projects and for bigger ones too.

Pros: 1. Time tracking, easy to track time
2. Simple interface
3. Very nice pricing model
4. Nice API, you can take all your data and do whatever you want with it
5. The request management system is pretty good

Cons: 1. Very fixed, cannot be configured to custom needs (custom fields would be great)
2. Mobile client for easy time entry would be great
3. Invoicing is not very flexible to cover all needs
4. The user rights / roles system could be a bit better organized
5. The attachment handling could be done better

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Zsombor, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback. We've added your ideas to our feature development notes. But I also wanted to let you know we are in the early stages of developing a mobile client.

Istvan K.
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2016

"Very good task management tool"

Comments: All our activity is based around Time Task. We are using it as incident management tool for IT support and it does a decent job for a more than a fair price.

Pros: - easy to use
- easy to manage
- fair price
- good support

Cons: - it would be nice to have the possibility to set alerts for a specified date and time
- it would be nice to be able to restrict users to set only allowed task statuses

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Istvan, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your ideas on how we can use date and time alerts and more in-depth user restrictions.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2016
George K.
Director of Litigation Services
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

"Great product."

Comments: We have been using for over a year now and the platform works great. There are some reporting issues we would like to see added but overall Intervals works wonderfully and fits our need.

Pros: Web based platform and ease of use.

Cons: lack of reporting options for my profession

by Pelago on 20/04/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We sincerely appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear that Intervals is working for most of your needs. We do our best to make the reporting flexible enough to handle a wide variety of use cases. But we understand we can't hit them all. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] with ideas on how to make the reports better.

Meanwhile, we do have two options that might help plug in some of the missing pieces. One is the option to export report results to Excel, where the data can be modified more. The other option is our RESTful API, which can be used to extract raw data for building custom reports.

Rodrigo M.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2017

"Good value for money. Useful."

Comments: My company is using TimeTask for more than 7 years. Its not completely adequate to our activity, but we take advantage form lots of features.

Cons: We are a consulting services company. Our business management uses some concepts that are not available (yet) in Time Task. We use cost rate and billing rate to manage our projects. TimeTask is not ready, yet to let us manage our project based on the margin generated by those two rates. So we dont full explore all the features. Also, it would be interesting to have expense report forms for employees (like the time report forms). We charge the projects with expenses from our employess.

by Pelago on 20/04/2017

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback on cost rates and billing rates. We can see how these features would help your business management needs. We're always looking for ideas on how we can improve our software, and we'll make note of these suggestions. Thank you, again, for reviewing Intervals.

Stan K.
Internet, 2-10 Employees

"Almost perfect"

Comments: Ive been using Intervals for time keeping for my small company for several years now. I know that Intervals does much more than I use it for. However for my purposes it seems adequate. My staff wants me to switch to Harvest or even basecamp, I like you guys and continue.

Pros: Time tracking, timer, ease of task assigning, reliable

Cons: Sometimes employees cant figure out where and how to enter their hours and their hours get lost. If they dont use the specific tasks, or task criteria, I dont see their hours. Its weird I know

by Pelago on 20/04/2017

Thank you for weighing in with your feedback, Stan. We appreciate the feedback on the time tracking usability. We are currently working on redesigning the interface and we are improving on time tracking in the process. If you'd like to be a beta tester please reach out to us at [email protected] We'd love to find out more about how we can help employees understand time tracking better with our redesign.

Benoit D.
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2018

"Propharmact"

Comments: A central repository for Contract definitions and time reporting. SaaS mode allows accessing the database wherever our consultants are.

Pros: Ease of use, intuitive, keeps track of our activity since years while proposing powerful data mining tools such as "report / summary"

Cons: The main weak point for us is not having the choice of unit of measure for times. Actually we base our proposals and contracts on days, not on hours...

• Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Guilherme B.
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2017

"Quality and consistency with low price"

Comments: Intervals was a key tool for establishing processes within the company, along with our customers.
The cost-effectiveness of Intervals is the best for time tracking and project management tools.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Guilherme, thank you for the glowing review, and for your years of continued business. We wanted to let you know we've launched a new look. Check out the Modernistic theme in the Settings & Defaults section of your account. The new interface makes Intervals even easier to use than before.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2017
Supi M.
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"Generally very nice. Simple and Intuitive"

Comments: the outstanding amount limitation is a real problem since it gets cumbersome to list out the hours for a particular month, group it into various worktypes since the charges are different and then calculate the total amount manually for a particular period. would be wonderful to have that feature. Otherwise it has been a overall good experience

Pros: Simplicity
Affordability
user roles
client management

Cons: no option to view the outstanding amount up until a certain period !! for e.g. I have no option to view the outstanding amount till August or september

by Pelago on 25/09/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our software. I wanted to point out a few features that show the outstanding amount in real-time.

First is the Estimate vs Actual page. The link is in the left column of the project profile. This page will show the actual hours compared to estimated ours, and calculate the outstanding amount.

The Project Landscape report includes this information as well.

If neither of those are what you are looking for, please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can assist you in accessing this data.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2018
Phil B.
Manager of Implementations
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2017

"More powerful than I know"

Comments: Intervals is a great tool to track your projects, hours, tasks, etc. For us, it is a very easy tool to see our multiple projects and track our time across all of them. I do know that we are barely scratching the power of Intervals, but what we do use is great!

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Not knowing all what it can do

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Thanks for the review, Phil. We're glad that Intervals is a good fit for your organization. In case you haven't noticed, we've launched a new look. it's called Modernistic and should make Intervals even easier to use than before. It can be found in the Themes section under Settings & Defaults.

Cheers,

Lucille L.
Project Manager/Owner
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"This is my second round with Intervals. I love it."

Pros: Easy to use. Great reporting. Lots of options. Easy to share info with others. Invoicing function is great. Repository is great.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Lucille, thank you for the glowing review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017
Liz S.
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"An accommodating team that provides excellent customer service"

Comments: Intervals is very easy to use and intuitive. The level of customer service that the Intervals team provides is really my favorite part of the experience. If you have a question, recommendation or comment, the Intervals team is very easy to get in touch with and responsive. The team also listens to your recommendations and provides guidance or edits to the system based on your needs.

Pros: It is very intuitive and easy to navigate. There is more than one way to accomplish something and features that simplify what you're trying to accomplish.

Cons: From my experience, Intervals is not the best software to use for accounting purposes. I'm still learning my way around the software though.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Leif L.
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2016

"I have used Intervals for many years now, there must be a reason..."

Comments: Being an R&D Manager this on-line tool has helped me a lot in my work. Project planning, task management, time tracking, graphical presentation, tables and lots of useful tools; It's all here. I have used it in various companies and the own one-man consultancy. I appreciate That it is easy to change the plan and cost as the needs change in terms of the number of projects and co-workers. Sometimes I have looked for alternative similar solutions but found Intervals being very good and cost-effective for my needs. I can always show good facts for senior management or customers when needed. It's easy for the team to allocate, prioritize and manage tasks with Intervals. I really recommend it!

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Leif, thank you for the thoughtful review and your years of commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. And we appreciate the recommendations!

• Reviewed on 18/12/2016
Pamela G.
COO
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

"DCSI Review"

Comments: Overall this tool has done what we need it to do. I would like to see QuickBooks integration at the click of a button. Also, without a 'live chat' or phone number to call, customer support in inadequate.

Pros: The price and ease of installation.

Cons: Lack of customer support

by Pelago on 20/04/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Intervals. We appreciate the feedback. We do our best to provide quick responses using email support, but we can understand how a live chat or phone number may be more adequate. We've made note of this idea. Meanwhile, we'd love to hear more about how we can make our QuickBooks integration more intuitive. Please feel free to follow up with us at [email protected]

Nick M.
Director / Developer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"A lot of power if you have the time to harness it"

Comments: Not a big fan of this solution, however forced to use it with a client. Its power lies in reporting and billing

Pros: Its reporting features are I believe what keeps it a competitor.

Cons: The UI is not up to par for a tool in this day and age. Everything seams to take 2 or 3 steps, things you would expect should be simple are often counter intuitive.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Mark G.
President / CEO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

"Very Pleased"

Comments: I purchased Intervals for my small business to make it easier to track and assign tasks. We previously had a system that no one (including me) used because it was not at all intuitive and was a poor fit with what we needed. I looked at a lot of other systems, including BaseCamp, Asana and a few others that are commonly recommended. Intervals was the best fit for what we were seeking.

Pros: The biggest 'pro' is that everyone (!) who works at my business uses it and finds that it is very intuitive. Everyone agrees that it makes our work easier and is a pleasure to use. It is very affordable for the features it offers and the numbers of projects/tasks that you can create a big selling point for me was that I could get everything that I needed for about $50 or so per month, without worrying about immediately outgrowing the system. Intervals is very forgiving when errors are made it warns you when you are about to leave a page without saving, for instance, but doesn't bombard you with alerts that aren't needed. It has plenty of room for saving documents and allows comments to be made in Intervals via any email address. It stood out from some other software in that it is also more customizable. Their customer service is excellent, and you can tell that they actually use the software and have thought through and learned what works and what doesn't. A fully-functional timer / timesheet system is another big plus.

Cons: Intervals introduces new features every quarter or so one of the latest is adding files through drag and drop. The lack of drag and drop used to be the biggest con for me, since I upload files often. So, no longer a con. That system could be a little more streamlined, and there are some file management features that I'd like to see improvements on (and which I've recommended to Intervals staff  I love that you can do that and that they actually listen!), such as the ability to organize files into folders (each task sort of acts like a folder, so this is not a big issue in most cases sometimes we have 50 files attached to a task so we have to scroll a bit). Also, the interface design is a little less contemporary than some others. However, these are all very minor, picky issues in comparison to what you get with Intervals software that more than does its job and offers more bang for the buck than its competitors.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Mark, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback on document uploads and the interface. It's very helpful feedback.

In regards to the interface, we've recently launched a new look, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Andre V.
Pres
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"Rock solid - powerful - affordable - Project management tool"

Comments: We have been using Intervals for 6 years and it is still the perfect tool for our engineering company. We trust this tool as our central (and only) hours worked database. We use it to bill our customers, to pay our employees and to follow the progress of of our projects too! It has performed flawlessly for 6 years and it is simply fantastic!!!

Pros: - Cloud-based. A must for us as our employees can work from where ever they are
- Reliable - never lost data or obtained a bad report
- Powerful - The data in the database can be analyzed in many different ways as provided by the built-in reports. Easy export to external processing tools if necessary.
- PERFECT for project-based companies. Perfect!

Cons: Not much. Some may find it more complicated than simpler tools, but that is the price to pay to enjoy a professional grade tool...

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Andre, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

James C.
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Conceptually, this is excellent project management software"

Comments: Budget management, time tracking, project management, invoicing

Pros: I like the fact that time tracking, project management, task management, and invoicing is all tied together. The idea of pulling all these elements together is genius!

Cons: Currently, I use the software primarily for tracking my time and invoicing clients. My biggest beef with the software is that it does not give you the option to track your time with start & stop times. I jump between projects and tasks quite a bit during the day. Many times I don't have time to start or stop timers because I'm on the go. I usually update my time at lunch and at the end of the day by thinking back over the past few hours, and entering it into a spreadsheet in time blocks. For example: From 8:30 am - 9:00 am I worked on Project A doing project coordination. From 9:00 am - 11am, I worked on Project B writing a report... The spreadsheet allows me to enter my time in blocks of a day, but then I have to transfer those hours into Intervals. This is inefficient and duplicates effort, but I need to be able to enter it in time blocks in order to be accurate. I usually don't have time to enter time into both programs in a day, and so it ends up sliding to the end of the month. If intervals allowed you to enter hours in start/stop time blocks, then I could skip the spreadsheet and have realtime feedback on my budget. The absence of this one feature significantly reduces its effectiveness and functionality for me. If the developers would create this one feature, I would have no complaints! It would save me hours of time and I would always know where my budgets stood.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Amir R.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2017

"good, but could be better..."

Comments: i've been using intervals for a few years now.
basicaly, it answers our needs, but the main thing I feel missing is an integration to services like zapier, which are the only way to sync with our sales CRM...
second, i think the task view should be much more intuitive. thanks!

by Pelago on 23/03/2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are considering integrating with Zapier and appreciate the feedback. We have been rolling out more and more integrations and Zapier has a good chance of making the list.

Regarding the task listing, we are actively working on overhauling the user interface and the task listing will be changing. If you have any specific questions about the changes please contact our support team ([email protected]).

• Reviewed on 19/02/2017
Dmitri B.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2016

"Yes, I gave it all five stars"

Comments: What we really appreciate is attention to details. One of the best user interfaces (UI) out of many web applications we used for the last 3 or 4 years. Very intuitive.
Reporting tools are priceless!
Overall a great application, would recommend it to anyone wholeheartedly!

Pros: Great user interface
Reporting tools
Value for the money

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Dmitri, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2016
Maria F.
COO
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"we have been able to meet our needs as a start-up with ease and really no issues. Very helpful"

Pros: the The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.

Cons: I understand from other users that without the full admin rights, the actions are sometimes more restrictive so finding the right permissions to non admin users is sometimes challenging.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2018