• Overall
    3.2/5
    3.2/5
    3.1/5

About eviivo suite

A hassle-free software suite for managing guests, bookings and OTAs, eviivo is for anyone with rooms to sell and a story to tell!

Learn more about eviivo suite

Derek F.
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Simple to use. Value for money. "

Comments: 99% of the time it works flawlessly. Good support but not the fastest in responding to queries.

Pros: Simplicity.
There is a free trial!!
Their preauthorisation of credit cards is a key feature leading to us staying with them. It will flag failed cards I your booking calendar allowing you to cancel via booking.com if card not update within 24 hours. This feature saves money and offsets the cost of the software as failed cards have a much higher no show rate.

Cons: Outages - system has had a number of outages I last two years one of which lasted over 12 hours making processing payments for departing guests impossible via the system. Bookings received via OTAs impacted and needed to be verified. Outages are a concern and have triggered my review if alternative platforms.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2020
David C.
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2020

"Complete Package, great value."

Comments: Overall I have been very impressed over the 10+ years I have used their software. I have dabbled with other options but none are as complete and reliable.

Pros: Compared to similar solutions the eviivo suite is a very complete and well designed bit of software. There are fairly regular updates and improvements and the customer service and support is brilliant.

Cons: The multi-property version needs a few tweeks, for example on one tab you can select a property move to another tab and it has a different property selected which can cause you to change details on the wrong one. Not a huge issue if you are paying attention but it has caught me out a couple times

• Reviewed on 06/06/2020
Carol G.
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2020

"Wish I had picked another software!"

Comments: My first season in our accommodation was nothing less than a nightmare. We decided to have Eviivo connect us with Expedia, and something went woefully wrong. We were being shown on the internet as "sold out" for many, many weeks, right during the time people would have been booking for vacations. Internally, Eviivo was unable to correct the problem without disconnecting us from Expedia, then reconnecting us - which took another 2 weeks. Then, wrong rates were posted for a period, and until a correction could be made, we lost another $450! We still have not recovered that loss. We will never recover the bookings that were lost during the time we were being shown as sold out. Additionally, we had people showing up at our B&B, and we hadn't been notified that they were coming, nor did their reservation show up on the diary. Needless to say, it was a very, very stressful season. Support has improved, but we still have money owed to us, a year later.

Pros: Not much. It did integrate with my previous system.

Cons: It is way to complex and way to many layers of complexity for the average person. It des not need to be so complex. All I need is a reservation system to accept online reservations and process payments efficiently. Simple, accurate reports would be helpful when doing taxes.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2020
Petra S.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2020

"Very User Friendly"

Comments: I was using it daily until COVID19 hit. Now I am getting a large amount of cancellations, but I am also blocking my calendar.

Pros: my initial training session was very important and over time - it is quite an easy system to use

Cons: Nothing so far, but I do need to take the time and discover all that Eviivo does.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2020
Lucy M.
Innkeeper, Owner
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"Eviivo is the way to go."

Comments: I use the system to manage all my reservations and payment. Completely satisfied.

Pros: The software is easy to learn and use. It makes managing reservations from booking to check-out and payment stress free. Highly professional and accessible support team is always available.

Cons: After the initial set up and implementation it has run smoothly and efficiently. It is easy to modify and add to.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Lynne R.
inn owner
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2020

"Total Disaster of a Reservation Software"

Comments: Eviivo is an innkeeper's worst nightmare. When we adopted a new, better software and disconnected Eviivo from all of the OTA's, Eviivo had the nerve to charge us THREE MONTHS worth of fees to disconnect, despite the fact that this was not mentioned in any sign-up documents or by any tech support personnel. When we didn't immediately pay the fee, Eviivo maliciously went back into Expedia and reconnected our listing to them causing multiple double-bookings. These folks are bad news. Stay away.

Pros: There were no redeeming qualities to this software.

Cons: This software was difficult to implement and use. Eviivo provided literally NO customer support, and they messed up our listings with OTA's..............erroneous pictures, descriptions, poor quality and size of photos, you name it, they did it wrong. We lost a 6-year, five-star listing on Bed & Breakfast .com along with four years of customer records. The transition from RezOvation to Eviivo cost us time, money, and 10% of our previous year's bookings, and gave us months of stress and worry. These people are incompetent and uncaring about customer needs.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2020
Nigel & tessa D.
Owner/Innkeeper
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Cost effective booking system with no commission"

Comments: Extremely bad experience during set up where our listings in Booking.com and Expedia were "off-line" for weeks and o reservations received. However the reservation system is very good and provides a booking facility from my own website at an affordable price. Once the initial transfer from Webervations was completed the applied experience is excellent. (Although with Covid 19 we are shutdown at present)

Pros: Good reservation system for my own website with cost recovered with one stay as no commission is charged. Reasonably easy to use and keep up to date with reservations, etc. The block feature is excellent and we like the multi-function management of reservations and pricing. The seasonal feature provides for convenient management for given seasons of business.

Cons: No personal contact. Unable to reach anyone by phone and no one ever returns phone calls / reported problems. The 'Chanel Manager' was a disaster, and completely screwed up our Expedia listing. So much so that we are no longer with Expedia. Expedia repeatedly blamed eviivo and eviivo blamed Expedia. We do not want nor will ever want the 'Chanel Manager'. Expedia said that eviivo caused our listing to be invalid and we would need to sign a new contract that was completely unacceptable. Hence we are no longer with Expedia.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Raina S.
Hotel clerk
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Had to switch"

Comments: It functions just enough to get us through the day. We are not impressed so far.

Pros: It is mostly similar in function to our old software, which was acquired by Eviivo.

Cons: Our old software company was acquired by Eviivo, so we had no choice in the matter of switching to it. So far, customer service is very difficult to contact, although it is a bit better than it was the first few weeks we had it. There are glitches and interruptions in service. It frequently logs you out, with no option to do so less often. In fact, it is not customizable at all, and our confirmation letters, for instance, do not read as we'd like. Reports are difficult to obtain, and not being able to customize them, do not contain all the information we need to give housekeeping, etc. There is nowhere to record our extensive database of gift certificate numbers.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Martha B.
MGM, Owner
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"So Glad We Stayed!!! "

Comments: We are another small property who was left without software when Expedia got rid off RezOvations. Saying that the transition was complete chaos and a nightmare with be a huge understatement. Eviivo was severely overwhelmed by having to migrate thousands of customers in such a short time without properly trained staff in the USA and with a platform foreign to our needs. Prior to the switch I already had lost confidence that Eviivo could offer us a smooth transition. Acting as quickly as I could, I tried to find other platforms and soon after realized how terrible this market is. After probably hundreds of hours researching, I quickly signed a contract with one of the main software companies in the USA. The day before we were supposed to switch over to them, I realized that this company didn't seem much better than Eviivo, so I pulled the plug and cancelled hours prior to the changeover. After a couple of months of headaches and disappointments, we are SO glad that we stayed with Eviivo. The booking engine is probably the best out there (besides one other that's obscenely expensive!) with larger pictures. Eviivo's interface with Google Hotels, Airbnb and the other major OTAs is pretty impressive and simple to use. The interface with the credit card payments, rate management, reporting and diary are pretty impressive. I cannot stress enough how wonderful their customer service is. The "chat" function is even available on Saturdays. We are very, very happy we stayed!!!

Pros: Amazing booking engine with larger pictures. Great interface with all the major platforms. Amazing reporting.

Cons: It was a very difficult start. Training was non-existing other than some videos old and outdated with horrible audio.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Michael M.
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"Beware!"

Comments: Our overall experience was very frustrating, and expensive. We lost business and time. We spent many hours setting up their system, only to never be able to use it.

Pros: We were clients of Rezovation, which was purchased by Eviivo Suite. We went through the process of migrating over to Eviivo, so we did go through the training process, downloading the new calendar, etc. The system appeared to be very much like Rezovation, which we found to be an excellent system. If they get their technical problems sorted out, then this might be a very good reservation system in the future.

Cons: However, our experience was that Eviivo was never able to migrate our data over due to issues with converting currencies to Canadian dollars. They initially kept telling us that it would be corrected very soon. Then they quit responding to our phone calls and emails. During the process the old Rezovation system that they'd left running in the interim also had problems and we often had to take it down off of our website completely. We feel that we definitely lost business during the periods that we didn't have an on line booking system. We called and emailed them numerous times to at least get a progress report and, for at least the last month, they didn't even respond to our calls or answer our emails. We definitely cannot recommend this product for any Canadian companies at this time (we don't know if it's functioning elsewhere).

Hi Michael,

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo.

We did experience some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time

If you could provide us with some contact details we would like to be able to get in touch to discuss this personally with you.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Bob W.
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Eviivo"

Comments: Very frustrating dealing with European service at first. Once discovered US helpers went much smoother (even though I was told not to talk to them)

Pros: Easy to use. Customer service generally helpful.

Cons: When first joined through European group was supposed to have a tutorial for discount but they were always at 3 or 4 in morning. Very impratical. Still no follow-up to this complaint. Finally told I was to call London, Engl. Not likely.
Other item was transferring Excel info from your summary to mine. When I delete so many unneces columns I should be able to save so I don't have to reinvent wheel each time.
Finally, trying to figure out how to get larger font on summary sheets so can see customers name easier.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Sheri S.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2019

"WORST EXPERIENCE EVER"

Comments: Eviivo has cost our business time and money. I am now looking to replace eviivo with another booking engine. It's a shame that the customer service is so lacking because I really had hoped I would like their product. Especially after being on Webervations for 15 yrs which saw virtually no improvements to their calendar despite so many technical advancements in that timeframe which really makes my point...how could eviivo be so much worse than the antiquated and outdated Webervations? At least Weber worked reliably and never cost me reservations.

Pros: Absolutely nothing. Booking engine is NOT working. Their customer service is NON EXISTENT. Phone calls go to voice mail, emails unanswered, support tickets unanswered, online chat spotty at best.

Cons: This booking engine is unreliable at best. Since going "live" 2 weeks ago I have not received a reservation thru eviivo because it doesn't work. I have received calls from guests who were unable to complete their booking online which was exactly my experience after I conducted my own test to ensure their system was actually functioning. My test booking never went thru...just kept cycling back to the reservation page. I am 2 weeks into this and have not even received a phone call back from eviivo and the booking engine is still NOT working. The customer service is NON EXISTENT. No one answers the phone, their online chat support is not staffed and most often is unavailable, email and support tickets go unanswered. I have a small lodging property and pride myself on being responsive to the requests of my guests. I am dumbfounded by the total lack of regard eviivo has for their customers. Each day that goes by without the booking engine working properly is costing my business revenue and disservicing my guests. Here are more negatives:
1. The address field asks only for a zip code and not the guests full address. Why?
2. The Discover card and Amex logos do not appear as accepted forms of payment even if your business accepts them. 3. The confirmation letter generated is poorly worded, is largely not customizable and is confusing for a guest to understand. 4. The booking page uses language native to the UK but not the US. Ex: Forename and Surname vs First and Last name.

Hi Sheri,

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Weber.

We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time

If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Audrey W.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"Eviivo has been Very Harmful to our Business since Going Live"

Pros: There are some useful software features to optimize OTA listings. Being able to manage multiple properties from one account is helpful.

Cons: Eviivo has been very harmful to our business since our Go Live date on 1/28/19. We expected that the Go Live process wouldn't be perfect, but their complete lack of customer support and communication concerning very urgent issues is unacceptable. Our properties are actively losing revenue every day this continues. Our customer service is suffering. We are unable to complete accounting reports and prepare monthly tax liabilities. For a company whose self-proclaimed mission is "to champion the independent sector and help small hotels, B&Bs, and accommodation providers succeed online", it is unsettling that our repeated requests for technical support have gone ignored. By limiting their clients' ability to govern their own account settings, Eviivo has made itself essential in this process. Not responding to support requests or even acknowledging them is simply unacceptable. The magnitude of the switchover from ReZovation is irrelevant; Eviivo imposed this deadline on its customers, not the other way around. The setup process was focused on making sure our properties were optimized for OTA searches rather than ensuring that our understanding of the process was clear. Most of the initial calls were a checklist to make sure we had pictures uploaded and amenities selected. Eviivo did not mention that we wouldn't be able to access something as fundamental as a Revenue Report or Occupancy Report without upgrading to the premium subscription rates. Eviivo does not understand their clientele; proactive customer service and guest recovery are important factors that differentiate small hotels from the large brands. Support isn't even available after business hours-- their business hours, not ours. Eviivo's website states that they have a guaranteed 24hr turnaround for their Support Query. Our guarantee has not been met several times over. Eviivo's indifference is inexcusable.

Hi Audrey,

We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019
Eileen G.
Proprieter
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2020

"Better than the last"

Comments: I am very happy with Eviivo. With the support I have received, I feel like I can really just about do anything well into my 80's.

Pros: I really appreciate a lot of things. 1. I like that I can print invoices. The last system I used did not have that feature. I had to create my own. 2. I like the Diary. It is much more useful and easier to use than what I was using before. 3. The customer service people have always been helpful and very informative every time I call.

Cons: 1. It was a lot harder and more tedious to set up than the last one I was using. 2. It does not require my guest's to provide a full address when they book.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2020
Cathie W.
Owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Channel manager for accomodations bookings"

Comments: With this suite I don't have to be glued to my computer or tablet. I know when someone books they have received a confirmation and the calendars have been updated so I wont get any double bookings.

Pros: This program updates the calendars of all the on line booking agents (OTAs) that I use along with my own web site. It is like having a staff member.

Cons: I thought it would drive more direct bookings but the majority of my bookings have been through the OTAs

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Lee S.
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Up to date real time bookings"

Comments: One stop shop

Pros: Simple to operate and keep all my bookings in one place never had a double booking with eviivo. Eviivo was my first point of contact back in 2012 and I have used the suite to both manage my bookings as well as my website

Cons: Only niggle is not being able to simply move a close out - have to delete it then re close out. Sadly its a shame that there is an ongoing monthly charge even if no bookings have come through but this has been evened out with no charges on direct online bookings

Philippe L.
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2020

"Easy to use and full of the needed features"

Pros: Eviivo was so easy to integrate with our practices and it changed the way we work for the better. More direct contact with the clients reserving, no more errors or double booking, super easy integration with our website.

Cons: I do not see anything negative about your software. It is just great and easy to use.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2020
Dawn B.
Innkeeper/Special Event Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2019

""Less is More""

Comments: *80% of the required information, including images of the property and rooms, already lists on the perspective clients website, therefore this is redundant and nonessential.
*Eviivo is merely the reservations booking engine for a company, who already has a website, therefore the format and the content of the entire booking engine should be MUCH more simplistic. The plethora of "bells & whistles" is unnecessary and creates additional input work for the client.
*A considerable amount of the lodging verbiage used for descriptions of the property and rooms is not relevant to businesses located in the USA.
The tactic of forcing clients to convert by a specific date is unprofessional conduct on the part of Eviivo. Shutting down a client's current booking engine prematurely, prior to sorting out migration "bugs" and issues, will definitely cause a substantial loss of revenue for the client. In addition, Customer Support should be available during USA business hours, not UK ones; with extended after-hours support available during the initial migration phase, at the very least.

Pros: Thus far...nothing. After reading all of the online reviews, I am extremely concerned about loosing business and revenue, by being forced to switch to Eviivo, from Webervations, which I am VERY happy with.

Cons: *required input of redundant information, which already lists on my business website (pictures & property/room details)
*lack of tech support
*the current format is not user friendly; needs to be much more simplistic
*system does not allow a party of 2 guests to book a larger room (Booking Engine will only display available rooms that match the number of guests)
*lack of pricing breakdown for individual dates, when multiple dates are booked
*lodging verbiage which is irrelevant to businesses located in the USA

Hi Dawn,

We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Webervations.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2019
Michael S.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2019

"Even the IRS has better customer support"

Pros: The software has some good potential. It's overall interface is nice and it should in theory be able to connect with many ota's.

Cons: There is practically no customer support in the USA. I realize they are quite busy migrating customers from rezovation to eviivo, but thats no excuse for completely ignoring your customers. we had a problem with our migration from Rezovation to Eviivo. A lot of our historic data from the last few months disappeared. I've left Voicemails and online queries for the last 10 days and no one ever returns my calls or respond to the queries. They have an online chat function which would be great for reaching customer support- but it's been unavailable during regular business hours for the last few weeks. I've had credit card payments that show as approved in their system, but their card processor, Cardpointe has no record of them and I've never been paid. One of our room categories has 1 king bed and a max occupancy of 2. I set it up in their system as a max occupancy of 2 but they are showing it in my online booking engine as a max occupancy of 4. They seem to not thing this is an important enough issue to warrant a return call. Overall, this has been a disaster. I was really excited to make the switch at first, but i never in my wildest dreams imagined that their guaranteed max turnaround time of 24 hours for support questions would turn into 10days of unreturned calls. If you are considering switching to eviivo, I would reconsider. Perhaps someday they'll get their act together, but that day does not appear to be today.

Hi Michael,

• Reviewed on 04/04/2019
Kim M.
B&B owner
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Eviivo makes my life easier... very intuitive software.. eviivo is a joy to work with"

Pros: Diary is quick easy way to manage multiple OTAs
Startup help with training and website development was great
Online help chat very helpful and quick
Reports to see how business is doing are very useful
Promos very easy to setup and pushed out instantly

Cons: The monthly invoice from eviivo is a little difficult to read and reconcile
Having to login every few minutes... would like option to stay logged in or for a longer period of timeu

Carolyn B.
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"The Smithfield Inn's review "

Pros: This software is very user friendly.

Cons: The biggest con would be the monthly charge; seems a bit expensive.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Hazel G.
Creative Guest House Host and Community Artist
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"Not just a software. Eviivo is a great team , ready to help,just what my small Guest House needs."

Pros: Easy to use and great reports available. The set up was very simple and the training provided on line was very clear and accessible. Excellent support from the Eviivo team throughout the period I have been using the software.

Cons: I am probably not using all the software to its maximum for my business; but this is my fault not theirs. I need to invest a little more time in using the software which will save me time in the longer run.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2018
Franziska B.
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2018

"Generally good and easy to work with, generally happy"

Pros: Good overview (dairy), easy to make bookings, easy access to guest registrations, last software releases really improved

Cons: Some things are are hard to find (like changing minimum/maximum stays), searching quite a while for things you don't need every day, some overviews are confusing (like since Airbnb is involved, I have a base rate and and Airbnb rate); the App definitely needs improvement, not using it anymore

• Reviewed on 24/06/2018
Kimberly D.
Owner/Office Manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2020

"Customer Support"

Comments: I have had great service with Eviivo. I especially like the customer service chat, I get immediate service and resolution within minutes of my initiation.

Pros: I like the Customer Support very much. I have always had my questions answered promptly and issues resolved promptly. The Software is easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons: It does take a little bit to set up and to understand the software, but once you get it set up, it is easy to use.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2020
Chris H.
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"NO COSTUMER SERVICE!!!"

Comments: Eviivo signs you up, then you will never hear from them again, and dont expect to get the money they owe you. And in case your thinking the otas should being paying me, I contacted Expedia, who did answer immediately, everything is done through eviivo, since I'm connected to them through eviivo.

Pros: There are some very useful options with eviivo. Connecting to Otas is easy, and being able to set up different seasonal pricing without having to go in and change.

Cons: Absolutely no customer service. In the process of going from rezo to eviivo and connecting to the otas through eviivo and not bedandbreakfast.com, I received a reservation. It was lost in transition. I could never get an answer from eviivo. I emailed, tried their online chat, sat for an hour waiting for someone to come on to no avail. Yes it was during their listed hours. I have had them now 2 months, still haven't received any ota payments. Again emailed, have waited for chat. Finally called the only number available and they cant help with that, it accounting. No one from accounting says there. They would call me back. I'm still waiting!!

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019