My inputting experience.

Tanja M.
Payroll Administrator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I really do not think this is the most user friendly system.

Pros: I like that you can review your results easily before submitting the payroll. I also like that the results are accurate.

Cons: I do not like that I have to wait after every keystroke for the computer to think. This is extremely irritating.
I find it very difficult to change an employee from hourly to salary. The vacation gets messed up and I have need help every time to fix the errors. Still not clear on how to do this correctly. I also have the same problem when changing the vacation pay rate.
I also do not like that in the earnings area there are several lines for an employee but when you go to the next screen, you no longer see the employees name.

by CanPay Software on 15/10/2018

Thanks for your review. I see you have shared a number of great things about the program! For the other items, let's see if we can assist:

1) If you find the system pausing after each keystroke, then you may have the "Edit All" option activated for the screen and/or you may have the Edit Mode features turned on at all times. If the current table has many rows and columns visible, the Edit All and Edit Mode commands will use an increased amount of your system resources. These two options are best used when you have a limited number of rows only. Edit Mode can be deactivated in the Payroll tab's Options screen. Edit All is button that appears above the table for all program screens.

2) When changing an employee from hourly to salary, you may find that using an employee template will help. Please contact me at the email shown below and I can walk you through the steps.

3) Can you elaborate on what you mean by "can no longer see the employees name".. I'm sure we can help.

review of enet payroll program

Colleen D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The support people know their stuff. I have been pleased with support; however, I don't feel that I should need support as often as I do considering the amount of time I have used the program.

Pros: I like that it provides a secure on line way for me to deal with payroll. I like the end result. I like that I do not have to try to know all there is about payroll rules and regulations. I like that I do not have to submit deductions, it is done on my behalf.
I assume there are checks and balances for verifying that my reporting and payroll entries are consistent and anomalies would be brought to my attention. I assume if my payroll was audited your system would live up to the scrutiny.

Cons: I find that the program is not user friendly. The program is not intuitive to use. I have been using the latest format since it came out and I still do not enter the system feeling confident that I know what I am doing. I do not like the window for reports. I do not like how to pick the paydate and that it does not advance on its own to my next paydate. I do not like the layout and unless I hide alot of the columns it is impossible to see things at a glance. There is too much scrolling that needs to be done. There was one area that was not being done correctly on your end and I had to figure it out and inform your staff and I am not a payroll expert.

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your review and for your candor. I see you have shared a number of great things about the program! For the other items, let's see if we can assist:

1) Yes, the eNETPayroll interface is quite different from the new eNETEmployer. While an overwhelming majority like the new spreadsheet approach, several users to miss the simplicity of the original look and feel. I see that you've already used the Customize View feature, but have you also "reshuffled" the columns (instead of just hiding the unused ones)? If you couple that feature with Filter on each screen, you should be able to arrange the screen and view exactly how you need.

2) Can you elaborate on the advancing pay date for the Reports screen? Currently, the program is set to advance to the next pay date automatically. Perhaps a setting or two has been adjusted and is preventing that from happening.

Good program

Lee C.
Dealer/Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: All account reps are great and very helpful. Program is quick to input

Pros: fast input, accuracy, online access from anywhere

Cons: all screens should default to alphabetical surname, changes are made to the program without informing the users, pay statements should email out automatically on the pay date

Hello Lee,

Thanks for your review and for your candor. I see the program is working well for you and that you have shared some good things. For the other issues, let's see if we can assist:

1) You can sort all relevant screens by alphabetical surname. Simply use the Filter feature on the desired column, and then use the Customize View button to Save the view. Now each time you revisit the screen, the filter setting will be retained.

2) We list current changes (and upcoming changes) in the Payroll News newsletter. Please subscribe today (it's Free) and you will see the changes that are planned as each issue arrives in your email Inbox.

3) Pay statements cannot be mailed automatically because the payroll admin needs to confirm that all of the pay run details are correct. Manual interaction is required in order to avoid errors being sent out automatically.

eNetEmployer

Lorena C.
Bookkeeper
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I appreciate the customer support that is offered. I always have a response within 10 minutes for any questions I might have.

Cons: At first I had some difficulty learning the new systems and procedures. But now I realize just how intuitive the software is and can find any info I need for payroll quite easily.

Hi Lorena,

Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. I'm glad you were able to learn the program eventually.

To aid in the learning process for upcoming features, have a look at our online tutorials and video links. To do so, simply press the key from any program screen to view contextual help for the screen. Then use the Tutorials link to view step-by-step lessons for most program setup features. The videos on our YouTube channel will also assist.

In addition to our Payroll module, we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future.

payroll review

Glenn R.
Prsident
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: An inexpensive way to manage my payroll from anywhere I have access to to the internet

Pros: everything in one application although the old one was much easier to navigate

Cons: You have to access so many screens to set up an employee

Hello Glenn,

Thanks for your review. I see the program is working well for you and that you have shared some good things. For the employee setup issue, let's see if we can assist:

1) Instead of having to navigate through each of the first 6 screens under the employee menu, you can use the Customize View feature (in the Setup Employee screen) to show ALL of the columns. This customized view will show you all of the available columns that need editing in one easy screen.

Here is a link to the video tutorial for the customize view feature: https://youtu.be/dp3oB6VSh_M

2) You can also use employee templates to speed up the process when adding a new employee. Here is a video on employee templates:

Please email us at [email protected] if you wish to discuss further details!

Easy to use and value for money

Lana M.
Dealer Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have saved so much time with payroll. The cost far outweighs my time! The staff love the direct deposit, and I love that I never miss a stat remittance deadline! So easy to use!

Pros: It was so easy to get set up and maintain.

Cons: A bit difficult to use when viewing on my phone.

Hi Lana,

For the mobile issue, have you tried adjusting the text size using the Text View Icons that are located above each table (specifically, the icon that shows a capital letter "A" with a + sign beside it)?

These icons are used to control the size and attributes of text in the data tables. For example, if you are working with a smaller phone or laptop screen, you can use these features to increase the size of your table text.

Another good way to use the program on a mobile phone is to ensure that you tilt the hone sideways (landscape mode) - this will make all of the text and controls even larger.

eNETEmployer Review

Reviewed on 01/10/2018
Shawna M.
Consumer Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Payroll takes no time to process.

Pros: It is comprehensive and easy to use. It is user friendly and there is great support available.

Cons: Reporting cannot be exported with different parameters

Hi Shawna,

Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. I'm glad to hear that your payroll representative is able to provide the service and support that you need.

For your reporting issue, could you share a few details about what you are looking to accomplish? eNETEmployer provides highly customizable reporting both from the Reports screen and via export from any other screen in the program. If you can share some details, we can show you how to gather the data you need.

needs some adjustments

Gail M.
none
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: this program keeps overhead costs to a minimum; for a small number of seasonal employees, it is the perfect way to keep staff paid correctly, with T4s provided on time.

Pros: can use it anywhere, not tied to one computer in one place;
not tied to an annual contract - pay per use;
once used to the 'kinks', it is relatively easy to use.

Cons: cumbersome setup;
unwieldy with everything in a long line, suggest a drop down box with entry fields; same for every category of employee setup;
can't delete employee when there is no data involved;
I have used one payroll system or another for over 20 years with little or no issues. This one is far from my favorite. It's just too cumbersome. I needed plenty of help in the setup.

Hello Gail,

1) For easy setup, many customers use the online tutorials and video links. Simply press the key from any program screen to view contextual help for the screen. Then use the Tutorials link to view step-by-step lessons for most program setup features. The videos on our YouTube channel will also assist.

2) To delete an employee that has no data (assuming they have not yet been calculated), use the Employer tab's setup Employee screen. This screen shows the "employee pool" and provides a list of every person in the system.

3) To simplify each screen (make them less wide), use the Customize View button to hide columns that you don't use. Then the table will only show the fields and cells you need.

Payroll

Reviewed on 22/09/2018
John G.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Saves me time, especially with government paperwork

Pros: The fact that you do ROE's and T4's and summarize hours is great.

Cons: Seemed complicated to learn (not user friendly)

Hi John,

eNETEmployer review

William G.
Dealer / Owner
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy system to learn and understand and I can do it from anywhere in the world, just need a laptop
They down load the program and away you go

Pros: Easy to use and Easy to navigate for completing the payroll
Customer Service from Winnipeg is awesome

Cons: Evey thing is good, I dont have any issues with the system

Hi William,

Review

Curtis W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great customer service, terrible software.

Pros: Great customer service. If I have any issues help is a phone call away

Cons: Way, way too complicated for my small business. The software is not user friendly at all and seems more like an interface for Canpay and not the client. It is very slow at responding to input and I'm always waiting for the software to catch up. This would be very difficult to teach to a new employee.

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for your review and your candor. Our apologies for the issues that you mention. Let's see if we can address each one for you:

1) The spreadsheet interface is by design. It allows you to customize your view exactly as needed. If you use the Customize View button, you can hide as many columns as needed so that the table will only show the fields and cells you need.

2) Like all internet-based applications, the speed is partially dependant on your internet line. If you are running a high-speed connection, you should see smooth program operation. Can you tell if the slowdown is more apparent at a certain time of day? We employ a dedicated high-speed fibre optic line and are currently meeting and exceeding the required bandwidth for the program.

3) We have numerous online and video tutorials to assist with learning the program. Have you visited our Youtube channel?

My thoughts on eNETEmployer

Kaitlyn K.
Office Admin.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It has become relatively easy to use now that I know how it works. I was an adjustment for sure, going from eNETPayroll to eNETEmployer but I'm overall pretty happy with it.

Cons: The 'reports' page can be a little difficult to maneuver. Trying to figure out which reports I needed right away was a bit of a challenge. And overall, the web page is usually very slow to load.

Hello Kaitlyn,

1) Each row in the Reports screen can be customized and saved for future use. An easy way to see if a report is relevant to your payroll, is to simply add it to the table and then run the report to review it's data. If you see that it is not relevant, simply remove the report row from the screen and you need never see it again.

Payrolls

Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Carol S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A time saver when there are no special entries.
But help is a call away.

Pros: Entering biweekly payroll hours is very easy

Cons: Finding previous info sometimes is difficult.

by CanPay Software on 29/07/2019

Hi Carol,

Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. Glad to hear that you are taking advantage of our support plan - yes, ask us for assistance whenever you need it.

Note - we've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future.

northway review

Reta A.
Dealer/owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: great

Pros: set up for our Home Hardware store - easy to use - great phone support from everyone. information available when needed and t4 remittance all done etc.

Cons: all operations are done by canpay and everything they provide me with is great

Hi Reta,

We've recently launched a new employee recruitment/Applicant Tracking feature and hope to have our HR component ready for use in the near future.

Great Software

Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Nancy W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Find it very easy to use - quick and accurate !

Pros: Very easy to use - self explanatory :) Quick - accurate - no problems

Cons: Nothing ! Find it very easy to use - no issues

Hi Nancy,

eNETEemployer Review

Tammy B.
dealer owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have not had any negative issues in dealing with eNETEmployer, whenever I have an issue, my problem is addressed promptly.

Pros: One the things that I like most about using eNETEmployer is the flexiblity of time. I can do it at my pace, and at my free time.

Cons: Using the software, of course, comes with a learning phase. After learning more of the features, the one thing that I still have a hard time with is paying our salaried staff their vacation time. I find that there are alot of steps to get this done.

Hi Tammy,

For the vacation time issue, I would love to hear a few more details about the method you are using. Perhaps there's a simpler way that we can discuss to shorten this procedure.

Very happy

Scott G.
Hearing Practitioner.
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: LOVE THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Pros: Easy to get around the different aspects of the software.

Cons: Not much if anything to complain about at all.

Hi Scott,

good news

Dave H.
General Manager
Automotive, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Makes payroll easy

Pros: Its easy to use and there is little that can go wrong

Cons: I like all of it, but if I had to pick something it would be hard to do.

Hi Dave,

E-Net Employer

Laurel Q.
Office admin
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Spent hours doing Roe's and having to balance T4's for 80+ employees, dreaded it every year. I like the personal support I get with any issues I am Having and they are dealt with very quickly with my support member, she is a gem always looking out for me

Pros: Ease of use for producing ROE's and T4's

Cons: No real complaints or concerns at this time.

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. So glad to hear that your payroll representative is able to provide the quick support and service that you need.

eNetEmployer Review

Tanis P.
Controller
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ability to deposit up to three bank accounts per employee, flexible.

Cons: Very,very slow - takes forever to add an employee and update.

Hi Tanis,

Thanks for your review and for your candor. I'm glad that the program is working well for you. For the other items, let's see if we can assist:

1) Like all internet-based applications, the speed is partially dependant on your internet line. If you are running a high-speed connection, you should see smooth program operation. Can you tell if the slowdown is more apparent at a certain time of day? We employ a dedicated high-speed fibre optic line and are currently meeting and exceeding the required bandwidth for the program.

2) When adding an employee, is it possible that you have the "Edit All" option activated for the screen? If the current table has many rows and columns visible, the Edit All command will use an increased amount of your system resources. Edit All is best used when you have a limited number of rows.

Great support

Reviewed on 30/09/2018
Lora lee M.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Very practical,and user friendly will give this 2 thumbs up

Cons: Nothing at all I will keep this program because of its simplicity

Hi Lora Lee,

8 years

Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: They have solved all of my payroll problems.

Pros: Easy to use. The software gets easier with every update. Take me about 10 minutes with 6 employees.

Cons: Lots of pressing the save button, that cannot be a bad thing.

CANPAY REVIEW

Nancy S.
BOOKKEEPER
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: THAT I CAN DO IT ON MY OWN TIME I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR A PHONE CALL. MY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE IS ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL

Cons: THERE REALLY ISN'T ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your review and for your continued support of the eNETEmployer program. Glad to hear your support representative is providing you with excellent service!

Please email us at [email protected] if you wish to discuss further details.

Review

Brittany G.
Treasurer
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great. Customer Service has been great with Lise and so far so good with Suzet!

Pros: Easy and reliable to use. Works well with our bookkeeper too! All around good!

Cons: No complaints. Our bookkeepers have been very satisfied.

Hi Brittany,

eNETEmployer

Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Chantale T.
Building Materials, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: great/ good value

Pros: I can manage payroll from anywhere
support is friendly/knowledgeable

Cons: the program was confusing to use at first

by Canadian Payroll Systems on 01/11/2018