15 years helping British businesses

F-Secure Anti-Virus Reviews

About F-Secure Anti-Virus

On-premise solution that enables businesses to predict, prevent, detect and respond to the cybersecurity threats.

Learn more about F-Secure Anti-Virus

Pros:

Cons:

No real cons for companies 300 or smaller. Policy modifications can be a challenge if you don't have app specific details.

F-Secure Anti-Virus ratings

4.5
3.9
4.3
4.5

8.1/10

F-Secure Anti-Virus has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 43 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used F-Secure Anti-Virus before?

Abid
Abid
Manager Operations in Pakistan
Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best Antivirus Software

Comments: F-Secure is the best Antivirus software ever used by me because its interface and features are very easy to use. The installation and setup is also very simple and F-secure also offers free trial version to its users.

Pros:

F-secure is an incredible Antivirus that can scan and protect your system and data from all types of threats and vulnerabilities. The Antivirus is very reliable and provides excellent security environment where their users work without any security threats. F-secure provides network security to all size of businesses to secure there data from malaware, trojans and phishing.

Cons:

The only cons which i experience in F-secure is that sometime it blocks the software which i want to use. Other than that all the features and tools are perfectly designed and provides excellent network security solution.

Eero
CEO in UK
Consumer Electronics, 2–10 Employees

Virus protection that works so well that it occasionally blocks useful programs too

Comments: I have a love-hate relationship with this software. Usually, I am happy that it protects me, but when there are issues it drives me mad. The problem is never that the software doesn't protect my devices. The problems usually originate from over-protecting.

Pros:

F-Secure works in the background and I have used it for years without getting infected by viruses, so I suppose it works well. The price is quite good, I am currently running this on 8 different devices and I am happy with the costs.

Cons:

The main problem is that the "deep guard" feature sometimes blocks the software that I want to use. And when it does that, it doesn't show those programs on the normal block list, so I cannot white-list them easily. In fact, with some programs, I have to turn the "deep guard" off before turning the software on, and then turn it back on. The browser extension is also mostly annoying, so I have decided to keep it off.

Emanuele
developer and consultant in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A great antivirus for the average user

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My experience with F-Secure is certainly positive, although, as a power user, I think I will return to more complete products. I believe it is an optimal solution for the average user, an excellent compromise between performance and usability.

Pros:

F-secure Internet Security is a reliable antivirus, it offers an intuitive interface and has all the basic feature that the average user needs.

Cons:

It has fewer features than other competitors and is less configurable in depth.

Donald
Donald
Network & System Administrator in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Decent product. Terrible Support.

Comments: Overall, I think F-Secure was one of the worst decisions I've made. Unfortunately, it was for a 3-year contract. In 20 years of IT, they had the worst support I've ever dealt with. The basic f-secure antivirus works well, but the suite is bloated and you are paying for a lot of pieces you don't want or need. Granted I only needed support twice in three years, but when you need it, you need it and you pay a lot for it.

Pros:

Once F-Secure was set up it worked well, there was not a lot I had to do with. It had nice reporting and a lot of features.

Cons:

When ransomware first started we were infected. I wasn't too mad about that, everyone was struggling with this new threat at the time. What did upset me was it took more than 48 hours to get in touch with Tech Support and the only way I was finally able to get through was through a third party vendor.

Chanaka
Chanaka
Civil Engineer in Sri Lanka
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

A comfortable security tool for average user

Comments: Overall just an average security tool with average features. No overloading of devices like some other software but did the work effectively and silently.

Pros:

F-Secure was an average anti-virus with average features. It was easier to use, did not overload the device as some other antivirus software. F-Secure was easy to set-up and it worked well on it's own without giving much trouble. Virus scanning was fast and convenient, user interface was very friendly and overall it was an effective anti virus.

Cons:

Just had average features, unlike some similar applications with many innovative features to help the user, F-Secure just did it's job. But detection engine missed some of the threats which other antivirus found as a threat. But mostly their customer support was unresponsive.

Robin
Robin
Assoc. Dir, Infrastructure in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

F-Secure AV is great for small companies

Comments: Mostly it is a set and forget tool. We have it configured to push software security updates, OS patches and feature updates through the client. The portal also allows you to push on demand, and force clients to comply in a timely manner.

Pros:

Easy portal setup, agents are straight forward to distribute, features and options keep centralized management simple.

Lura Lee
Admin Asst in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great Multi-function protection

Comments: It helps to cover all areas of security and doesn't constantly send me pop up update reminders. It just updates by itself.

Pros:

This software had more options to protect our computers. Now I can access each computer and install updates or wait and let the auto updater download the updates once a week. It doesn't slow computers down as much as our previous anti virus software.

Cons:

It is a little cumbersome to set up, but once you get through any critical updates, it runs seamlessly.

Teresa
AP-HR in US
Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

F-Secure

Comments: Love F-Secure for at work and at home. It's simple to use and set up.

Pros:

I appreciate that it is always working in the background, and doing so without creating a drag on my pc power and performance.

Cons:

Sometimes the banking site security can be too aggressive to where it's and almost annoying having to keep selecting OK or End to get logged in to my accounts.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Marketing Director in Netherlands
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Feeling secure

Pros:

My internet provider (Xs4all) recommended this anti virus software to keep my PC free from viruses and attacks by hackers. Easy to install, updates are automated so you feel always secure and protected.

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like, it's aways working and my hardware was never infected by viruses.

Andrew
Software Team Lead in Sweden
Environmental Services, 201–500 Employees

Great and useful anti-virus

Comments: It was an amazing experience with F-Secure anti-virus.

Pros:

F-Secure Anti-virus is the best anti-virus that I have come across ever since I have started using computers. Makes me feel very secure about my computer.

Cons:

Don't have any issues or problems with this mindblowing anti-virus. It is really an awesome and very secured tool.

Iida
Iida
Administrative Associate in US
Philanthropy, 11–50 Employees

F-Secure does its' job!

Comments: I've had F-Secure for many years, and it is a company/ program I can trust. It is easy to navigate and does what it's supposed to.

Pros:

F-Secure has never let me down, and I've had it for over 5 years, and before then on our shared family computer. Not once had a virus snuck through that F-Secure didn't catch, alert me and then allow me to delete it without it posting a threat to my computer.

Cons:

Sometimes I have not been sure the F-Secure bag been working as no updates or notifications have popped up. But once I open the program, or shows it's been working. I wish it would automatically run a report but I have to do that manually.

Kevin
Owner in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

F-Secure. A decent little anti-virus.

Comments: Overall, it does the job effectively. Simple and easy to use.

Pros:

Product is easy to use. It integrates well with existing software. It's protection seems decent.

Cons:

It seemed to make overall system operation slower than I would have liked.

PHANEENDRA
Software Engineer in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good antivirus software for windows

Pros:

I have used f-secure antivirus business edition on my work laptop, and impressed with its antivirus and malware scanning features. The antivirus scan runs fast and also efficient in detecting malware. The f-secure user interface is very intuitive and easy to use, unlike McAffe products.

Cons:

The major cons of the product are missing firewall module while other antivirus products have it packaged together with antivirus. Also the software does not scan the external storage devices automatically and has to be triggered manually.

Juan José
Especialista en ventas y marketing in Spain
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Security F(inland)

Comments: Although there are other more popular antivirus, I love this one. It's very simple, but you don't have to complicate your life (nor complicate it for users) to offer quality and very effective software.

Pros:

It can be used on up to 5 devices at the same time, and offers a high level of protection, for me one of the best, and after trying several I decided to keep this: it is effective and simple.

Cons:

Older computers may see their performance penalized, as this antivirus consumes a lot of resources. (In the modern computers you will not have that problem).

Marcos
Environmental researcher in Portugal
Environmental Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Keep your computer safe, always!

Comments: I feel that my computer is safe with F-secure, so I install it on all the machines I have to work with.

Pros:

It's simple to use, provides useful reports and keeps on working in the background, making your computer safe and without interfering in your work.

Cons:

Nothing really. F-secure keeps your computer safe without any pop-ups or annoying messages.

TAHA
Bussiness in India

It's a bit useful anti virus software I have come across

Pros:

This is a very great software available in market compared to other anti virus software it detects the virus threat very accurately and protects the systems

Cons:

The only thing I am a bit worried about is the rate but as I said earlier that it helps in protecting the system from virus threat then I don't mind spending few more

Finance in Tanzania
Financial Services, Self Employed

Best tool to use

Comments: The tool has made me to be very secured on my data and has increased the efficiency

Pros:

The tool has the feature of detecting any harful apps and softwares thus prevents me from losing my data

Cons:

Honestly the tool serves me well thus i cannot say any bad on the tool but recommending it for the users like me

Ronaldo
Principal in Trinidad & Tobago
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

My Experience with F-Secure Anti-Virus

Pros:

I have been using this software for awhile now and I have encountered very minimal problems with it. Being very easy to use, we use it on all of our school laptops. This software is by far my favorite Anti-Virus software out there and would definitely recommend.

Cons:

This software was very easy to use. I had barely no problems with it and when I did , I got amazing help from the great customer service system they have.

Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

The no.1 Antivirus you should get

Comments: Does it's job quietly in the background - just what you want from an antivirus program.

Pros:

Works in the background and doesn't disrupt Daily work. Doesn't hog up Resources or annoy you with popups etc.

Cons:

Interface can be a bit confusing at first, a bit difficult to access certain settings.

Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Absolutely the best virus protection ever!

Pros:

It's very easy to install, it's reliable and it's updating itself on dailybasis. It's really removing viruses instead putting them to a quarantine.

Cons:

Sometimes it seems to eat all your computeres available resources, so do not get this if your computer is old.

Velimir
Velimir
ICT Sales in Croatia
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

F-Secure Anti-Virus is great software

Pros:

F-Secure Anti-Virus is very easy to use (user friendly), has so many advantages and won a lot of awards. Main functions are simplified and even a beginner could use it.

Cons:

It takes a lot of time to scan a computer for viruses for the first time.

Nikos
Customer Experience Specialist in Greece
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Hassle Free Antivirus

Comments: Value for money especially the 2 -year plans

Pros:

Does everything in the background automatically and informs the user only when needed. I use it for 3 years know and it is my only choice.

Cons:

If you have and old pc or laptop it may slow it down a little

Mikael
QA SR Analyst in Canada
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Nice overtall anti-virus

Pros:

Nice overall tool. I like the "bank protection" that notify user that site is secured for transactions

Cons:

CPU usage high compare to some other anti-virus. Cleaning computer tool should be nice to ahve

Mohammad Mahdi
Mohammad Mahdi
Visiting Scholar in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

It is worth the price

Pros:

It is a great anti-virus. Very easy to use and user friendly.

Cons:

I am person who want everything to be beautiful. I think this medium of the software and the environment can be designed more beautiful.

Richard
Richard
Assistant Supervisor in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Still the best

Pros:

Easy to install and use. It is really reliable and find all the threats so well.

Cons:

You need to have a good computer because this eats a lot of your resources.