Celoxis Reviews

by Celoxis Technologies

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.4 /5

About Celoxis

The all-in-one solution with enterprise-class features, beautiful dashboards, powerful reports & tons of customizations. #1 on Gartner.

Learn more about Celoxis

Kavita P.
Consultant
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"A Great Tool For Small Team of Independent Consultants"

Comments: Our overall experience with Celoxis has been on the positive side. The tool has helped us keep all our projects on track and collaborate within the team. The price and value is exceptional, especially for a small team like us. We don't use much of the resource management or other features of the tool, just keeping our projects on a strict timeline and tracking efforts towards various activities.

Pros: 1. Web-based Interface
2. Mobile Access
3. Project Gantt Chart and Timelines
4. Alerts and Notifications
5. Time Tracking
6. Ease of Use

Cons: The interface is a bit heavy for a small team like us. I wish I could easily turn off a lot of features that I currently don't use. Yes, there is a way I can turn off costing and billing and other portfolio features, but even after that, I still feel the app needs to have a more light-weighted look and feel.

Staff Hardware Architect, Embedded Team Lead
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"A great full-featured project management tool"

Pros: Celoxis checks all the boxes for engineering project management for me. Prior to Celoxis, we used Microsoft Project: Celoxis incorporates the advanced features of Project in cloud-based tool that provides team collaboration and scheduling that we could not get with Project or most other cloud-based scheduling tools.

Cons: With great options can come a great (big) learning curve: there are so many features in Celoxis, setting up individuals, teams, groups, and roles is critical for a successful launch, and this can be a bit daunting at first glance. However, the Celoxis team did a great job pre-sales of walking us through the tool and it's features, as well as scheduling training for our team post-sales to get up and running in the tool.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Susan A.
VP of Operations
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Great software for project oriented firms that invoice for services"

Comments: Very positive. We are just rolling it out now to all our staff, and we're really looking forward to gaining the real benefits.

Pros: Celoxis is a powerful project management software that is replacing MS Project in our organization, allowing us to get a portfolio view of many projects managed by multiple PMs. But best of all, our resources can enter their timesheets within Celoxis. This allows us to eliminate one piece of software and run analytics to learn about our performance and drive improvements.

Cons: It was tricky to setup. We needed the help of Celoxis to get the roles and access permissions setup correctly. The help guide was not comprehensive enough in this area to do it yourself.

James F.
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2020

"Try something else first"

Comments: Fighting with it to do regular project activities.

Pros: Gantt view is useful, calculations generally work

Cons: Difficult to use, most commonly used features are hard to find, effectively an opinionated spreadsheet.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2020
Darren B.
Business Applications Director
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Celoxis for project Portfolio Management"

Comments: We were looked after during pre purchase, demo'd to without any pressure to purchase
Support is incredibly quick and useful

Pros: It was easy to set up and configurable to our needs
Liked that % complete could be independent from time logged
Great scheduling and resourcing
Client portal easy to use and gives us exactly what we needed

Cons: Would be good if we could add a custom field to a discussion for sorting purposes and also control the notifications that go to customers.
Suggested both to Celoxis and they have added as a feature request

Aleksander A.
Head of Studio
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Powerful, flexible platform with UX problems"

Comments: Generally, and for a company of our size Celoxis was the best choice due to the varied work models we service. The ability to both work in hourly and fixed price models is a unique requirement and other platforms struggle to make it work.

Pros: The standout feature is the flexibility of Celoxis which allows for a great deal of optional customisation.
For example, custom formula fields let us do basic and complex math that can be displayed in reports and on projects.
When comparing it to other solutions it does sport a few unique features not found in competitor products. Chiefly among them would be the semi intelligent schedule and budget prediction feature which gives a quick way to assess project status.

Cons: The biggest issue is the UX/UI which has a bit of a learning curve and needs a strict process to utilize all areas effectively. The system seems to have some legacy features that make functionality redundant.
An example would be 4 different ways to enter time into time-sheets in the UI, or 2 separate comment features that are nested into each other for no reason.
Some very simple and common features, like checklists in tasks, seem to also be absent. While not difficult to work with, the usage-paths for all the functions have not been thoroughly tested it seems.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Kapil B.
Director - Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Easy Project Management"

Pros: - ease of use
- feature rich for project management
- external users and client login option for client view
- integrations with salesforce and rest api for other apps if required
- integrated time entry and approval
- single-sign-on capability with various IDP's

Cons: - mobility options are limited
- client cannot be assigned tasks in the Project

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Hemant T.
Team Lead Project Management
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Software reveiw"

Comments: we use Celoxis to manage multiple projects. our accounting team use this for service billing and its very easy to use and integrated with our accounting system

Pros: Product is very easy to use and it get integrated with other tools that we use (Salesforce, Zendask etc…)

Cons: Time logging and resource planning is not automated.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
CIO
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2019

"Celoxis the new traditional and alternative flexible system for project management"

Comments: It has added a high level of value from project team communication, reduce time for document and information access. One place for Every team member to speak from.

Pros: You can manage projects, tasks, resources, risks, issues and collaboration from one solution with client who don't need to have licenses or desktop software installed.
The platform reporting tools with pre built project matrix report is a thumb up for this package.
What I love the most is the project tracking board.

Cons: While the web application is mobile responsive , a mobile app is desired.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2019
Stacie M.
Director of Global Services Operations
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Celoxis is a robust platform with a stellar support team."

Pros: Celoxis meets expectations for project management in the software delivery industry. We are able to leverage Celoxis globally to track our implementation projects. We track our financials, resource assignments, and % complete in this tool. Celoxis has a great reporting structure and flexibility in creating your own custom fields. When the tool does not have the exact feature I need, I have been able to work with Celoxis training to find an out of the box solution or submit a feature request with surprising success in having them delivered. Celoxis often has more functionality than my teams are ready to adopt and I find that the operational issues have more to do with people and process (not tool). I especially like the flexibility of the client log in feature and the customization of what each person can see in their own dashboards. I really love that it can serve as the one central repository for project updates. We have been using Celoxis for a little over three years and are quite happy with it. Within a few months it will be our global standard.

Cons: Celoxis is a standalone software that needs to be integrated with our Salesforce environment, therefore, it has taken some additional investment on our part to automatically trigger projects at closed/won state and feed the data into our financial systems. Celoxis is also real time data so there is no back button if you delete something or the ability to restore a previous version. Since I am using this tool globally I would like to see more workspace segmented admin features to control what is seen by each region throughout all reports and tasks. Additionally, we have had to perform a few workarounds to get full billable and non-billable resource load charts in the tool. Since many people go to outlook to see if a resource is available, the current Celoxis Outlook integration (a separate calendar) is not sufficient for blocking off the resource from being scheduled for other things. I suggest the following improvements
- Direct Outlook Calendar integration that blocks off scheduled time so people in the business can see that the resource is not available and actively working on a project. (currently we book time in Celoxis and Outlook - double entry)
- Non-Project Time viewed exactly the same as billable time from projects in the resource load charts including the time code and % allocation
- Administration features for further segmentation or archiving of the data
- Data restoring options including restoration of deleted objects restoring to a previous day

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Donald S.
Government Contracts and Proposal Consultant
Aviation & Aerospace, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2020

"Great Tool for P{project Collaboration"

Comments: My Celoxis implementation is self hosted. That was a bit of a learning curve for me personally but the Tech support staff was pretty helpful in pointing me to the right solutions. Now that the system is up and running it is very stable. My principle issues were not with the core Celoxis application as much as the host system configuration such as installing SSL and positioning the system properly behind my firewall. It took cooperation among a number of vendors but I now have a robust application on a rock steady platform (Windows Server 2019) protected by a top-tier security system (SOPHOS). It was with the effort!

Pros: Celoxis allows integration of planned work hours and resources with time card inputs to allow an integrated management solution that permits tracking of Planed vs. Actual labor hours and costs. Definitely a much tighter integration than I found in MS Project. However - and this is important to my clients - the ability to bidirectionally share data with Project is a significant plus as many of my clients rely on Project. Finally, I use Celoxis for multiple clients and the workspaces functionality allows me the ability to securely partition clients into their own environment thus permitting multiple clients to share the basic installation.

Cons: There is a learning curve to climb - especially in the reporting function and I am still learning how to use the many features of the product. I would like to see more You Tube videos on how to perform advanced functions - especially with cost and resource reporting for users.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2020
Whitney P.
Director of Production
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Easy to use product hits all the top needs"

Comments: Overall, Celoxis has really helped our business streamline processes and reporting. Time and task tracking is easier and more transparent to project managers and clients, and reporting is much less time intensive than our previous methods. I have been very pleased with the software and the customer service each time an issue is raised.

Pros: I like that the interface is very user friendly. I also like that the reports are customizable. We have been able to integrate a lot of reporting into Celoxis that was previously done using Excel or a similar program. Celoxis is able to collect all of our data and organize it effectively, thus ensuring we don't have to go to a lot of extra work to manipulate the data into the reports we want to see.

Cons: The new interface isn't as useful for me as the previous one. It works better for my resources, but as an admin, it seems less friendly than before. Namely, the drop downs and options available under Reports and other areas are not as customizable. I liked having my full list of starred reports available previously, whereas now I find myself accessing the full 'All Reports' page more frequently to navigate. I mainly use reports in the system to it was more convenient to have only my preferred ones all listed in one place.

Anshu M.
Manager, Wolfram Global Technical Services
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2017

"Excellent in many, many ways although with some shortcomings"

Comments: Celoxis is a great PMS, without any doubt. I like that they keep the lists and reports simple but powerful. It is nimble because it uses text rather than too much of graphics effects etc. You can generate a wide variety of reports. Comes with free client portals which my clients love. It has a very powerful feature where you can define your own app with it's own workflow, custom fields etc. It has a trigger mechanism as well to change states of apps when responses are received, which is very, very useful. I have created as many as 8 apps for incoming opportunities, defining a request tracker system, payments, contracts etc. etc. That is extremely useful to organize everything around a Project. It has shortcomings in communications area like not having an email editor at all and you can write (through commenting) to only one client (one person) from within the app etc. You get all this for a very low price unlike Salesforce etc., that's a deal!

Pros: Fast, customizable, no-nonsense interface, wide variety of reports, custom apps

Cons: Weak in communication tools, does not have an email editor, only notifications can be sent out through commenting in apps, can't attach files to those or send to multiple client officials. Discussions at Project level allow those but not at app level.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2017
Marc S.
Senior designer
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2020

"Flexible software for project management and team efforts management"

Comments: The software could be very well adapted to our specific company structure and workflow (we manufacture soft goods in China). We could customize a large part of it so it would be matching exactly what we needed. Also it made it relatively easy to manage the many projects (between 30 and 50) with a team working in different locations.

Pros: Customizable screens (they call it widgets) that could be applied to teams/groups or individuals. It made everyone rather happy as they could make it their own.

Cons: We didn't use the any of the tools to tracks costs and financials, and it sometimes was creating confusion (we asked the Celoxis dev. team if we could fully remove this from our platform)

• Reviewed on 16/07/2020
Denzil jr P.
Project Manager, Developer
Consumer Electronics, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2017

"Celoxis Flexibility brings our company into the next level!"

Comments: In addition to its great project management feature, celoxis have a powerful flexibility on creating custom app where you can tweak custom formula and create a processes that will give amazing benefits on data management and very useful reports and tracker that help us track our on time delivery and improve our team work at same time by work collaboration. in 4-6 months of using celoxis and developing some custom apps, we've brought our overall on time delivery from 40% - 80% that results to successful projects and happy customer. By developing custom apps from our QA inspection registries, we've save a lot of time spend on doing reports, eliminate unnecessary meetings and manage our data effectively. In couple of weeks we're working to upgrade our account from cloud to on promise and we're very excited on the next breakthroughs we can achieve together with celoxis as our partner.

Pros: In addition to its amazing project management feature, I love the flexibility that we can create a custom app and tweak the custom fields to automate formulas, processes and creates necessary report we need.

Cons: Limitation on graph feature but I think that the capability is enough for our needs. However, we're looking forward if Celoxis can add more features that could help us get use the most of it.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2017
Jorge ruben M.
Operations Director
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2020

"Latest release made Celoxis even more valuable"

Comments: After almost 2 years using it, it has only become better. I am the person most involved with Celoxis in the company, I do all the API integrations, and have done most of the dashboards and report customizations. I am very satisfied with how Celoxis has improved over time, and I am eager to see what it becomes in the future. I have also work a little with workflows, getting a lot of value from them, although I haven't got the time to do as much as I'd like. I reccomend Celoxis 100%. Before choosing it, I evaluated about 15 different platforms, in the end, the technical evaluation was very clear, Celoxis was the only viable option, unless I wanted to spend 10 or 15 times more money on something else.

Pros: No doubt, I have 2 favorite features: everything related to the Gantt View, which is extremely customizable, and now suporting different baselines; and the REST API, which is a lot better documented than when I started using it. Also, not a feature about the software, but as important, Customer Support is excelent.

Cons: So far, Celoxis hasn't turned into proper program and portfolio management.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2020
Professional Services Manager
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2017

"Great PM tool especially for digital projects"

Pros: As well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency.
I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats.
The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre.
On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.

Cons: With each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2017
Ryan K.
Research Engineer
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2017

"Great Project Management Tool"

Comments: We have used Celoxis for nearly 6 years and it has continued to be improved and polished. We use it for primarily for project management, time-tracking, expense tracking, and some of our workflow processes. Celoxis personnel have always been very good about helping through upgrades and other technical questions. While there is a little bit of a learning curve, I would highly recommend this tool as a lower cost, yet fuller featured product in comparison to Microsoft Project, which still seems to be tool of choice for most PM's.

Pros: Web based tool, Gantt Charting feature, custom workflow creation, scales well (we have a lot of projects in there).

Cons: Can be a little laggy at times (we host our own server, so that could be part of it). Interface changes have been confusing at times. For the custom workflows, it would be better to have a graphical representation (i.e. flowchart format).

• Reviewed on 23/03/2017
Devendra B.
COO
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Limit on Virtual Users and Client Assignment to Tasks"

Pros: Contains almost all basic and some advanced features a Project Management Tool needs to have.

Cons: The biggest 2 drawbacks are
1. Tasks in a project cannot be assigned to clients. To achieve this very standard and normal requirement, clients are needed to be created as users as well.
2. Limiting the number of virtual users to a certain number. Typical Project Management Tools are primarily driven by Project/Program Managers. Project Schedules are updated by them and normally the human resources on the project are not authorized to update the task status and %age of completion to ensure completeness and accuracy of the project schedule. Multiple resources updating the project schedule means we are planning for failure. So, typical licensed users would be PMs while the entire project team resources would be virtual users. In the system, effectively they are just another field in a task record of the system just like maybe the Start Date, Finish Date, Task Name, Task ID, Predecessor, Duration, etc. etc.
Usability of the Celoxis system for PMs reduces if they are unable to have all their human resources in the system and making the entire tool ineffective.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Prateek S.
QA Manager
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2017

"Celoxis - A customized and organized view of projects and details that matter to you!"

Comments: The highly customized dashboard with different views are great. There is various data you can add to to your dashboard, projects, reports etc. to tailor your view to what matters most to you. Time tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.

Pros: Time tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.

Cons: The interface. The design could be nicer, it's a bit overwhelming at times. Also, bug/ issue tracking is not the greatest. It would be nice if it worked more like Jira or if the platform could connect with Jira.

by Celoxis Technologies on 23/03/2017

Hello Prateek,
Thank you for your review.
Our timesheets display an "unsaved data" warning when you try to close them or navigate away before saving or submitting your changes.
We are also working on further improving timesheets. We will take in your inputs and suggestions.
We are also working on improving integrations such as with Jira.

Thanks again for your comments!

• Reviewed on 21/03/2017
Eduardo B.
Internet, 51-200 Employees

"Lack of graphics"

Comments: Overall experience is good. It's a very useful tool with a lack of some subjects mentioned above.
Celoxis is being used every day as a way of track and control projects, it does the job.

Pros: Easy to keep control of a project, easy to personalise items and easy to share a project/information among the organisation.

Cons: The lack of graphics and reports options. Graphics and reports customisation is everything nowadays. Users should be capable to customise the projects reports and have the possibility to see project/status evolution within a time frame.
The graphics are limited as well, the way we show information sometimes is more important than the information itself. This subject should be also improved.
The way how we share the project with external users should be also improved: add external watchers and export the project Gantt. (It isn't possible to share project status, for example).

Beth M.
Senior Developer
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2020

"Great Software for IT Projects"

Comments: Overall, the product is stable and reliable. I only had one issue after an update a little over a year ago, where I had entered my time on my mobile device, and I had found that it wasn't there when I had logged onto my desktop version.

Pros: The great part of this software is the ability to update information in the Gantt chart as needed. It also gives you accurate percentage of project tasks per user and accurate percentages in what has been completed against the project deadline, which is very useful in Technical Services.

Cons: I still wish that once a task or project status is "completed", the timers would be deleted as well. In our company, we have many projects with many tasks, thus one can have multiple timers, and that adds up! It can take (waste) much time in deleting timers, so having the timers "go away" when a task is completed would be very useful.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2020
Trystan S.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2019

"Celoxis may be one the best project management software suits out there"

Pros: Celoxis offers all the features you would want to manage projects and more. I am a fan of the in-app timer that allows you to easily track time against each task. At the end of the month, you can easily see how much time and money has been spent with a quick glimpse and without the need to calculate everything yourself.

Cons: The software lacks a dark theme mode but that can always be changed in the future. It takes a little bit of playing around to get used to all the features.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2019
Misha M.
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2017

"Project Management, Performance and Reporting!"

Comments: here are many great things about Celoxis, but to me the following stand out above all

1) Thorough replication of MS Project functionality.
Most competitors take simplistic approach to project plans, but for us this was not an option as out project plans initiated in MS Project are extremely detailed. The fact that Celoxis handles all the data and does it with ease was the number one reason we chose this tool.

2) Performance
Our largest project Plan to date has 5000 lines - more than enough to make other tools choke. Not so with Celoxis. Performance is adequate, and they improve it from version to version. In the beginning I was concerned that the project managers will be slowed down when working with Celoxis project plans, comparing to their workflow in MS Project, but all these concerns disappeared very quickly. This is a very fast tool indeed; especially considering all the data it crunches.

3) Reporting
No surprise there as anyone who tries Celoxis comments on its Reporting capabilities. These are second to none. Essentially - almost everything in Celoxis is a report, and you can include in these reports any objects that exist in the system - users, clients, projects, tasks, documents, discussions, assignments, and the multiple attributes of those objects. All reports are sortable, filterable, and configurable for the personalized view. Charts are interactive. Object names are clickable, allowing for the quick access of any object listed in the report.

Note on the performance:
I have to add that the latest version v10.5 was the first one since I started using the system where performance went down. It is still good, but more of our project managers started noticing the lag when they use large project plans. Now, unless you have a super fast machine that can handle heavy client-side javascript with ease, you may have issues. I sincerely hope that this is going to be addressed in the future versions, and that the system will keep improving, as it was before v10.5. Truly, when performance lags, no awesome features can make up for its absence.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2017
Fiona G.
Senior Project Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Great S/W for customisation"

Comments: I've seen some massive improvements between v10 and v11 and really impressed with the additional functionality, think this is a fast growing platform that a lot of companies should use.

Pros: The ease that it can set up and customised, the custom fields are great and means you can tailor it to any industry or type of project. The reports are easy to adapt and the financials can be set up for multiple kinds of project management, with timelogging it means you can move away from multiple s/w. The support team are very responsive and helpful and development keeps introducing new features from feedback. I've set this up for 3 different companies now with good success.

Cons: Only con is copy and paste is a bit different from ms project but same as most web based s/w and quickly get used to it.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice