• Overall

About Microsoft 365

An integrated suite of applications include email, calendar and address book that are accessed via the Internet 24/7.

Learn more about Microsoft 365

Filter reviews (12,358)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries available

Countries available

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Microsoft 365 before?

Filter reviews (12,358)

Danang muhammad F.
Freelance Translator in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

A Productivity suite for everyday job you'd never change!

5 2 months ago

Comments: As a freelance translator, I definitely use Microsoft Office on a daily basis. I use the Mac version of Office, and this software is extremely beneficial to me. I prefer to type scripts in Word. The formatting options are quite extensive. I use Excel to keep track of schedules, client lists, and monthly expenses. While PowerPoint is used to present to clients, the templates provided are quite good and visually appealing. Collaboration features that make it easy to see changes made by peers, as well as 1 TB of online storage that is more than enough for document storage. However, the monthly subscription fee is quite pricey for personal, and the iPad application's numerous limitations frequently prevent me from working when i didn't carry my Mac.

Pros:

It just all-in-one complete productivity suite you need to do your job. An auto-save document feature (i use OneDrive) that saves me thousand time, and the fact that this software is a standard in every industry brings convenience to its users to exhange document and work on same project.

Cons:

The subscription fee which pretty expensive for individual, the iPad app is less intuitive as it doesn't offer full function like the desktop version.

Phil P.
Phil P.
Managing Director in US

Microsoft 365 offers the best business productivity tools in the market

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Good overall experience and our organization improves efficiency and collaboration using Microsoft 365 tools. Our experience would be great if Microsoft had a better service/support department.

Pros:

Microsoft Word is great to use for documents, Excel is the best spreadsheet on the market, and PowerPoint is the best solution for presentations. Outlook is our favorite email provider and Teams is great to use for teamwork/collaboration.

Cons:

Microsoft is not structured to provide hands-on support for small businesses which is unfortunate.

Peter B.
Peter B.
IT Manager in UK
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Excellent Platform

5 2 months ago

Pros:

Easy to use and easy to navigate. Bright and clear, great tools available to aid learning

Cons:

Could do with more flexible options in Teams for delivery of classes

Maranda M.
Full-time Student in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Essentials for students

5 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Microsoft 365 has been a positive source to get my personal and professional activities completed. Microsoft 365 provides a unique blend of productivity and collaboration tools to help simplify work while providing the freedom to be creative. I have been able to take advantage of these features for both my personal and professional life. The use of Outlook creates a safe place for everyone in the office, regardless of skill set, where they can collaborate with coworkers or brainstorm new ideas. One feature that I have found very helpful is Microsoft Teams which allows groups from different organizations from around the world to communicate easily without emails or phone calls.

Pros:

Microsoft office suits me well as a Full-time college student by making it easy for me to organize my work and stay on top of deadlines. I have been working with the office suite for years now, and it seems to work well with my needs. I can stay organized with the calendar tab along the side of the screen, finding what I need right away on any computer I enter. The OneDrive tab is also convenient with its cloud backup-saving feature, so if anything were to happen to my computer or laptop I could simply log in from another machine and all my files would be there. My favorite feature in Office is the online version, which allows me to access my documents from any computer with internet access for when I don't have easy access to my own laptop. With all these features, Microsoft Office has ensured that I am able to get work done on time and easily manage my workload. I would highly recommend Microsoft Office to anyone who needs software for school or for home. It is so handy and user friendly that I could not see myself using anything else.

Cons:

One con I do have about Microsoft office is that it can be difficult to 'get your head around' the various features. This program is more complex than many of its counterparts, which can make it difficult if you are new to this type of software. I find that where there are complicated features in Microsoft office programs, they will often have tutorials on how to use them available. I am not an expert in computers but I do know something about using Microsoft Office and all of its features. For the past few years I have been using it for my class work and other data processing tasks that we were assigned to complete back then.

Vikas B.
Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great colloboration & Productivity tool which can do almost anything one can think of.

5 2 months ago

Comments: My overall experience with Microsoft 365 has been phenomenal. Half of them time I am away from my desk and I needed a software which allows me to keep working on my files/presentations even when I am not near a computer. And with a single license I can use MS 365 on my office smartphone, my personal Iphone and as well as on my son iPad.
And the integration with OneDrive has made it so much easier to share the documents with my teams immediately after I am finished with it.

Pros:

Microsoft 365 contains all the common products everyone is using for more than 2 decades. Word, Excel, power Point , outlook are the products which are known to everyone and then the new products like One Note and OneDrive has greatly extended the features and capabilities of Office/Excel and Power Point. While using PowerPoint we can make beautiful presentations or using Word we can document any thought or processes, and using excel we can do any numbered/mathematical tasks one can think of, by combining them with OneNote and OneDrive we can collaborate and share all out documents/presentations/sheets with other team members and even with people who don't have 365.

Cons:

One of the drawbacks of Microsoft 365 is that we needs internet access to access the documents/sheets/powerpoints and other files. There has been instances when team members are in a remote location/underground subway and they don't have stable internet connectivity , it makes really hard for them to work on it. Another concern which has been raised by our security team is that all confidential files and data are not shared on cloud instead of being on premises which makes it vulnerable to be hacked.

Manuel I.
Internet Marketer in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great productivity suite but you need to get used to it

5 9 months ago

Comments: I definitely recommend it for three reasons: one, the office tools are the best in their category (Word, PoerPoint, etc...); two, it is not expensive compared with other subscription services ((I pay around 15 euros a month); and three, it is improving and adding more features and tools all the time. Despite same flaws, it is a very good deal.

Pros:

It offers a lot. It is not only about the apps that we all know (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). It is also about task management with To Do and Planner. Robust document sharing with Sharepoint, drawing with Whiteboard (awesome tool) or managing your email with Outlook. The range of tools that Microsoft offers for the 365 subscription is simly astonishing and it gives you pretty much all you need for the day to day management of your work.

Cons:

Log in management is an issue with Microsoft. You sometimes get logged off for no reason and then your password is not recognized. You have to dig into the customer service forums to find solutions. As customer service is nonexistent, you are on your own.

Senior Systems Analyst in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Microsoft 365 Makes Me Feel Alive! 10/10

5 9 months ago

Comments: From beginning to end my daily processes rely on 365, and all 365 days of the year... I want to be using this Microsoft software.

Pros:

This product has everything from the Exchange Server, Skype for Business Server, and SharePoint, as well as so much more. I wouldn't want to have my Email through any other service due to the great customizations of 365.

Cons:

We've had very minor negatives about the software, but if I had to say, I'd say we only use a small percentage of all the services provided, which is a bummer, but the basic is all we need (if that makes sense).

Giovanni S.
managing consultant in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

popular platform

4 10 months ago

Comments: M365 it is absolutely the most popular platform for office and collaboration among the enterprise organization and it has a complete set of appl like Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, onedrive the office suite [Word, excel, powerpoint, access, etc]. Currently represent the standard especially of the use of word and excel. SInce it is a cloud platform represent a good solution to share the same content from different device, but most useful is the ability to have a persistent personal backup with onedrive. Personally i feel that the need of client access is still an old conception, that lock the user and especially push the organization to the need to install and upgrade the client side. Personally i don't like the "Teams" organization, the navigation some time is really inefficient. in a comparison with G-Suite probably in the next feature we will see more an increment of the diffusion of G suite that il more common among mobile users

Pros:

- well know platform among enterprise organization - good support services - excel have no easy alternative - the best solution on Win OS

Cons:

- mostly is optimal the use of the client and and less the web usage - in big size company it need a strong effort to manage the client installation on laptop - Sharepoint often appear too complicate for the feature that offer

Andy W.
Head of Technology & Cybersecurity in UK
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Microsoft 365 is a real game changer for modern organisations - Big and Small!

5 12 months ago

Comments: Microsoft 365 is a full suite of Products, tools and capabilities that deliver a modern workplace experience to users really well! There is something for everyone in Microsoft 365 - Admin Staff, IT Staff, Security and Compliance Staff, and the benefits we have realised during the global pandemic prove for real why the investment was worthwhile!

Pros:

The full stack of Microsoft 365 tools and capabilities are intuitive to use, work incredibly well together, and make daily tasks simple to complete.

Cons:

I guess the cost is on the high side, but you get a lot of bang for your buck, and Microsoft are pouring Research and Development into the suite of products and capabilities at a rate of knots, so the investment is worthwhile on balance.

Laura M.
Office Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

Office 365 to the rescue

5 last year

Comments: We had already planned to make the move from our local server-based installation of Microsoft products before the pandemic hit, and we fortuitously made the transition just in time. If we hadn't, we would have been forced to physically be in the office, e-mailing documents back and forth, or constantly downloading and uploading - with all of the version control and organizational risk that entails.

Pros:

I don't know what we would have done without Office 365 during the pandemic shutdown. With it, going from physically being in to the office everyday, to working from home (or anywhere for that matter), has been a seamless transformation. With the exception of sending or receiving actual hard copy USPS mail, there is nothing that I can do in the office that I can't also do from home - and in the exact same manner. We struggled to find a software solution that would provide cloud storage and yet still allow for edit-in-place with all the powers of Word (sorry, Google Docs, but you just don't have the same capabilities), collaborative sharing and real-time communications. Office365 has it all.

Cons:

There is a lot to learn, and for us, most of it has happened by trial-and-error. Constant updates is a good thing because Microsoft is always improving the product, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with what is new and different.

Luis alejandro D.
Senior Manager in Dominican Republic

A very good service but a little pricey

5 last year

Comments: Just great, I has tried several suites (open source and freeware) and the differences are humongous! I prefer this suite over all alternatives out there because is bug free, constantly updated and have all of the feature you may need to get a great and polished work.

Pros:

Solid suite for word processing, presentation and calculated sheets, brings all of you may need in one package, storage, file sharing, great integration with most remarkable tools in the market. It is constantly evolving and updates are instantaneously given to is a software as a service (SaaS). It has more advanced and sophisticated apps for office work!

Cons:

It is pricey, a different model that actually make you pay a subscription that although is has it value you have a permanent fee with too few options to avoid it.

Tonico C.
Director in Brazil
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

All you need in one package.

5 last year

Comments: Microsoft 365 has apps and software that help my business grow the creation of books, documents, and images with the help of the simplicity of the software layout. Everyone with a little effort can professionally use Microsoft 365 as I use on my business. Microsoft 365 has many pages to help you learn about their features on Microsoft's official website, which is a great way to improve your skill on this package of office tools. Also, Microsoft 365 is present in the most powerful companies in the world, and if you need to do business with them is better to be a user of this incredible tool. I highly recommend Microsft 365 for any person around the world because, with this tool package, you will be able to create content and access your files and do business from anywhere on the planet with an internet connection.

Pros:

The most significant thing about Microsoft 365 is: the package of services has anything you need to start to create your content online or offline. You can write documents, create presentations, and share the editing with your team. Microsoft 365 is a tool for all types of businesses and offices around the world. Their package of services includes tools for every need of your business. With Microsoft 365, I can write my books, write documents with Word, and create images with PowerPoint. I also can access all my files online in any device with the internet. Microsoft 365 gives me the freedom to work anywhere I go.

Cons:

What I like less on the Microsft 365 is the space given for files on the OneDrive cloud. I believe 5 gigabytes on the free version is less space than we need to have to create documents and content without concerns. I suggest Microsoft 365 to expand this space to 20 gigabytes because this is a number more attractive for the business people around the world. This increase will make it easier to attract new users of the Microsft 365.

Serdar M.
Senior System Engineer in Montenegro
Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees

An all-in-one package for almost all your needs.

4 last year

Comments: Working with O365 is generally going very good for me as I dont manage the underlying infrastructure to make it high available for my users. Since it is a managed service, you only do the admin tasks of O365. Despite the lack of general features, I can recommend the organization who are already a customer of Microsoft.

Pros:

O365 provides large organizations to migrate their on-premise infrastructure to the cloud technologies. Usually, it is very hard to move users and data to the cloud but with the help of O365 it is very easy and makes the administrators' workload less heavier. OneDrive For Business, Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online makes our users to be more portable all around the world.

Cons:

Microsoft is very lazy to implement features to their products. That is why sometimes you need to wait years until a simple feature can be deployed by Microsoft. Most of the wanted features will be always missing in O365 but again there is no rival when it comes to the office apps.

Angel Z.
Math Tutor in Canada
E-Learning, Self Employed

Dependable Software Easy to Use

4 2 years ago

Comments: I used Office 365 at my middle school and this software connected over 600 students and staff. Using Office 365 has allowed me to connect with my classmates with almost no glitches and misunderstandings. If you are looking for software that will connect your friends, coworkers, students, or teachers, I would recommend Office 365.

Pros:

Office 365 is very easy to use and navigating should not be a problem. A feature I like is being able to customize the theme of your drive as that is something you can't do on other drives. Once you purchase Office 365, you have access to a variety of Apps that are both very useful. The applications are very reliable and most of the time I don't have to worry about my work being lost. My favorite feature would be the Calendar which I find to be very impressive because you can set events or tasks and a reminder to yourself by a scheduled email. Word and Excel are very easily used as everything is labeled very clear. In my experience, there is generally no confusion.

Cons:

I don't see any features that are missing that would make Office 365 better and easier to use. However, I have experienced some glitches and minor issues with loading and the internet. For instance, during the same period of time when I am on Youtube and Office 365, sometimes (20% of the time) Office 365 works much slower than Youtube even though my internet is very stable. If this minor issue continues to be the case, it may have influence on how much I use Office 365 because even though its just 20% of the time, I am getting annoyed about my work being deleted after the glitch. Customer support needs to be improved. When I write a long detailed email to Office 365, all I get back is an automated email, with no steps that solve my problem.

John H.
Publisher in US
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

Microsoft Office 365 - a Great and Affordable Suite of Programs

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have had a wonderful and enabling experience with With Microsoft Office 365, which is a key part of our success.

Pros:

For a modest monthly payment of $9.99 or an annual payment of $99.00, Microsoft Office 365 gives you a number of useful programs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. MicrosoftAccess (PC only) and MicrosoftPublisher (PC only). In addition you get two great services: OneDrive and Skype. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 runs on: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS! Our main use of Microsoft Office 365 consists of Word and Excel. We use Word to write and format the books we publish and Excel is what we use for our financial planning and job progress. In addition, Word gives us the powerful feature in that we can offer it free of charge to our clients in an offline environment. This way we can show our clients in real-time the progress we are making on their book, enabling them to participate in the project. We are now strongly considering using Outlook to manage and organize our emails. This is the flexibility that Microsoft Office 365 provides. Should we need another application, Microsoft Office 365 has it ready for us. As for Microsoft Office 365 services, we have been using money-saving Skype for years. Just about any application or service you will ever need is waiting for you in Microsoft Office 365!

Cons:

For us we see no Microsoft Office 365 applications or services that does not have the features we require. Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with the applications we use, Word and Excel. However, all the necessary information on how to use its applications is an integral part of Microsoft Office 365.

Jessica S.
Mental Health Counselor in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Office 365

5 2 years ago

Comments: I really enjoy my overall experience with Office 365 as it has met all of my work needs over the passed three years of working for my company, even with the various hats that I have worn. No matter the task, Outlook 365 has provided what I need to get the job done and it will do the same for you!

Pros:

I enjoy how I can easily access shared files through Office 365 including excel, word documents, and more. My coworkers and I can simultaneously edit documents while working in separate spaces which makes our day to day tasks simple and easy. I am able to share important documents to certain groups of people or certain programs that I work with or upload to shared folders. There are so many helpful apps within Office 365 such as calendars, share point, one note, Outlook, PowerPoint, and more that I use on a daily basis to complete daily tasks at work. I mostly utilize Outlook, and enjoy that I can pin important emails to the top of my list, color code if needed, and so much more. This app is really organized and useful for any role or job position. This program is used by Mental Health Counselors, Therapists, Program Directors, and even by leaders of the organization in order to maintain proficiency and continue to provide effective quality service to our clients.

Cons:

I am always learning something new about this program. Therefore, while it is very helpful, there are a lot of technical pieces to learn. For example, after three years of using the program I learned that if you use the program via internet you get less features than if you use the program via using the outlook 365 app. You have more access to certain folders, calendars, etc. Nonetheless, once you get the hang of the program you won’t want to use anything else.

Mir fida N.
Mir fida N.
WordPress developer in Pakistan

Suitable package application software for small to large scale business

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall we are very much satisfied with the Office 365 subscription service. It's our daily to use tool for every project. Performance is always up to the expectation. Never encountered any serious bug or error halting an important bug. Still, some minor issues are faced rarely but nothing that cannot be handled. When utilizing each and every feature and app included in Office 365, then it will definitely prove a great asset to your organization which will boost sales and eventually profits in the long run.

Pros:

Office 365 is the most beneficial package for our small business IT company. Including top-rated desktop applications Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote, One drive ..etc all are tools increasing daily projects productivity and efficiency. One of the fantastic features is that it's also available with a web cloud app and mobile app, making team collaboration available anywhere. Some Educational organizations can get free of cost features for staff and students to boost learning using technology.

Cons:

Minor bugs occur rarely. Pricing is but high for initial and beginning level business and office. But in the long run, it's is useful if all of the apps and features are utilized to full capacity. The PowerPoint interface can be made easier and more user-friendly. Word has some difficulty handling a hundred pages large project docs and often messed up formating. One Drive synchronization and naming could be better. For Startups, I think the libre office provides a budget-level choice.

Sally B.
Writer in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Office 365 is simply the office standard!

4 2 years ago

Comments: I use Office 365 create publications. I use Word to research, write (using both microphone and read-back, as well as key stroking), edit and review published works. I've written two published books and numerous technical and popular articles. I create illustrations, images, charts and graphs, using PowerPoint and Excel. I organize data and sources using Excel. I create budgets, timelines, etc. using Excel. To date, my favorite aspect is the ability for Word to read back my writing as well as other text. This makes for a nice change from reading on screen.

Pros:

I use Office 365 daily. I've used it to research, edit and publish two technical books and numerous articles on technical and popular topics. I appreciate the interoperability of the Office software features, particularly the ease with which I can change my work interface from writing to illustration to layout to spreadsheets and back again! I use the Cloud and find it extremely helpful. I find the Notes feature less useful that OneNotes is less useful than Notes (probably because I haven't really explored it much). Notes is nice because it is a simple way to strip hidden codes from copied text and prepare it for a new format. PowerPoint it great and lets me move multiple images into a single album easily, as well as to develop images, alter artwork, and integrate images and original artwork into publishable illustrations. I find the Excel spreadsheet an effective tool for illustrating via charts and graphs. I have been using the speech function of Word to review writing and also for recreational reading! Nice. It even lets me alter the voice.

Cons:

OneNote is less useful than Note. I find SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Yammer, and Outlook software programs that I don't need. I particularly dislike Outlook and prefer to work via free email services, instead. I would appreciate the option to strip away features that I don't like or use.

Edward P.
It Information Security Coordinator in Dominican Republic
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

All the tools that every office need.

5 2 years ago

Comments: You can't go wrong with Office 365, it is the more powerful and complete suite of programs for your business that you can get on the market. We have been using it for 5+ years and we are very pleased.

Pros:

You can get Microsoft Exchange (email) and also applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote and other business services, such as Skype for Business, OneDrive, Forms, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, all in one package.

Cons:

Microsoft keep adding (in some cases removing) applications all the time. It's very hard for the IT department to keep track and implement these new apps, by the time you catch up the tools are being deprecated.

Regional FIT & IT Service Mgmt Senior Specialist (EMEA) in United Arab Emirates
Logistics & Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 Employees

All the applications any organisation needed for daily use in one platform.

5 2 years ago

Comments: In the initial stage, we started using O365 globally with Skype for Business and Sharepoint Online only but after sometimes we realized that it comes with multiple other applications such as Exchange, Mobile Device Management ( Intune), Azure Active Directory and other office applications (Excel, word, etc). So little by little, we are planning to use 100% of O365 features. At the moment we are using Skype For business and MS Teams as our main Video/Audio conference platform. Before we migrate to SFB we were using third-party vendor platform for audio calls which we paid based on the minutes and number of participants and after we migrate to O365 with Skype for Business this is only license cost per user and no additional charges, This saved a lot of money to Organization. Sharepoint online also we are using to share documents and updates within the organization and within our business partners and customers. Microsoft Intune we are using to manage our co-operate owned devices globally ( IOS & Android ).

Pros:

Easy to access from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection. Possible of access online and edit or change any documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Can access from any device to your account. Skype for Business or MS Teams can use as a Video/Audio Conference tool. O365 comes with Microsoft Intune which helps to manage your organization's mobiles and Portable devices( ex.IPADs). Sharepoint Online helps you to create own Website to share documents, updates, etc within an organization or with external parties. O365 is one of the greatest solution provided by Microsoft for any Organization which will cover at least 80% of the most needed applications in one platform.( Based on the licenses you purchased.)

Cons:

Microsoft Intune limitation to setup Emails on an Android platform using a Fully managed profile when you have a none third party exchange platform that is not connected to Exchange Online. Only "Gmail" and "Ninework" works with Intune Android emails. New Sharepoint Online some features complex compared to the previous version for users who used to the previous version.

Radoslav B.
Database Developer in Bulgaria

Office 365 - your office everywhere

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have been using Office 365 for business purposes - where I have been working. All the company trusts its products and uses them to help with organizing their work. We easily have access to files shared for current teams, we easily chat and maintain project ideas, also we easily create our documentations on what we created and much more. I pretty recommend it because it has very powerful tools which can save you a lot of time and headache because in everyday life we need to stay organized and also we need to have our office everywhere because business is not only for staying in one place the whole year.

Pros:

This is one very powerful group of products, that everyone should use because of: 1. For me it has one of the most powerful tools for office work - like Word - for organizing and creating your documents, PowerPoint - to easily create your pretty presentations for your software development for example; Excel - to store some table data and calculate a lot of things; Outlook - to organize all your business or even personal mails; Teams - to chat with your partners and much more. 2. You have always up to date software - you keep in touch with every new update which brings you more security and of course new features. 3. You can install the product on your device, either use it with the cloud version. The cool thing is that if you have multiple devices - you can install it on them, even they are phones, PCs or laptops. And the coolest one is that there is a cloud version of the apps. 4. Everything you create can be stored on the cloud, so your documents will be always with you - just view them from every device in every point of the world. 5. I think the price is good and worth it. 6. And finally, there is the support which you can contact to help you if you have any difficulties or problems with the software.

Cons:

Since my experience with the product I haven't experienced any difficulties which cause me to have a negative point of the product. Of course, there were some bugs and some crashes with the cloud versions, but which software hasn't one? And of course, even that there was kind of this problems, they were very fastly resolved, which is cool because you are not waiting too much to get back the service working.

Osamah A.
Student in Jordan
Computer & Network Security, 5,001-10,000 Employees

The Complete Package

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have been using Office 365 for over 7 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. It provides me with every product that I need like Word, OneDrive and PowerPoint. it runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of memory. Office 365 has saved me many times when I needed to do some work and studies. I have become attached to it and I can't let it go now. it's simply my best package so far!

Pros:

I am always asked to make a decent presentation, a proper and organized article, a database and many more other duties. Luckily I have Office 365. it is the absolute package that contains all of the necessary tools to get these duties accomplished. All my favourite Softwares are gathered in one place ( Office 365 ). I use almost every product included in the package. PowerPoint to make perfect presentations to my college, Word to prepare a well-shaped article, and Excel to make some huge databases that contain tons of information and calculations! I also use OneDrive which is a product included in Office 365 that gives you access to your files from anywhere, whether you're at home resting at your bed, or at the library studying or even in a vacation on the beach. You can access your files from literally anywhere! One thing I like a lot about Office 365 is that once you get it, you will have it on your PC, on your phone and even on your Tablet or smartwatch! Also, I like the fast-paced updates. with Office 365 you will always have Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint and many other products at the latest version as soon as it comes out!

Cons:

While you can access your files at any time and from anywhere, you need an internet connection for that, so if you happen to not have an available internet connection, you will not be able to access your files at all. Office 365 uses the latest technology and do updates for its products pretty often, Office 365 is so advanced to the point that sometimes it will not be compatible with some old systems and devices. Although you might be able to come around this problem but that process is very time-consuming.

Director in Sri Lanka
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

“Cloud based with the backing of massive MS network”

5 2 years ago

Comments: as of now, O-365 is a next generation solution. Apart from the doubts over security, we have the advantages stated above. The best benefit is the saving on expensive hardware, storage space, energy costs and maintenance. In fact as all the software maintenance is done by Microsoft, we get better solutions from experts at no extra costs. You don’t need to have any additional storage gadgets, as everything is on the cloud.
Depending on the purpose and the number of users, this system a scalable.
Although there are question marks over cloud applications, Microsoft has done their best to adopt highest possible defenses against threats and is continuously engaged in improvements.

Pros:

The first thing that reminds me about O-365 is that it’s on the cloud. As we are still in an infant stage of cloud tech, there are both pros and negatives, but definitely in time, technology will improve to a stage, you can expect anything. Let’s assume there’s not going to be a jailbreak. Having said that, there certainly are pros in the current scenario. You are on the cloud means you are armed with some godly powers. No servers ‘on premises’, no ‘restricted’ storage areas for servers, no maintenance costs and you have the freedom of mobility. You or your team can access O-365 anywhere on planet Earth if there is internet. One other notable advantage being on cloud is the safety against loss of data. The safety of your data if stored in an ‘on prem’ system is vulnerable to various hazards and would be lost if not backed up in a remote server. No capital investment on expensive servers, you can obtain the services for a monthly or annual subscription per user basis and the user have the ability to install O-365 up to 05 devices. Though you need subscriptions on certain advanced features, you can opt out additional services when you don’t need. When it comes to features in office tools, I doubts if there would be any more requirements to run general office matters. All MS office applications are designed with almost all features required with the experience gained during a long journey. The system gets updated frequently and you can enjoy the benefits.

Cons:

as a general rule, cloud based applications could be more vulnerable for security breaches than an ‘on-premise’ system. Certain online feature in Word, Excel has limitations compared to your own installation.

David G.
David G.
IT Project Manager in Philippines
Investment Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Office is always up-to-date!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Always kept up to date with the latest features and security patches.

Pros:

I love that Microsoft has invested so much on Office365 (obviously since it's a major bread-and-butter source of income for them). Given this, you really feel that MS has a great and huge team behind it. And so, I love that it keeps on improving over time via the regular updates and patches. Now, I feel that I get the new features soon after it gets released, and I feel secure as well from threats of malware, bad scripts, macros, and what have you. Office365 is the office we have grown up with in the boom of word and spreadsheet processing. This is a must for compatibility issues as most, if not all, of my contacts use MS products. And so, to avoid incompatibilities, or having to destroy the document layout and formatting, better use the same Office365 (and oh, btw, it is also backward compatible for those left behind in the MSO standalone versions). Office365 is also connected to my MS OneDrive, and so all my documents are readily accessible in one place. Also, this allows me to share my documents to other people and to work on them together. Pretty cool.

Cons:

Compatibility with other word/spreadsheet processor apps out there like LibreOffice and GoogleDocs/Sheets. Why can't they just agree on how to save and handle documents, eh? The closed source nature of MSO365 makes it difficult at time to work with other apps mentioned as it destroys the formatting most of the time. So, I tend to share via PDF, but that is not editable.

Claudia C.
Head Secretary in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Offers great apps and tools to optimize productivity and communication

4 3 years ago

Comments: Perfect for business use. Lots of different apps and features that are very useful in businesses. It helps allow for better communication between coworkers, especially with Skype (for video conferencing), Microsoft Teams (for instant messaging), and Yammer (for creating polls, praise, and any updates). Office 365 has definitely helped me work more efficiently. I've gone from "working harder" to "working smarter" thanks to this software!

Pros:

I like how it has OneDrive so that you can upload things onto the Cloud Drive so that you can share it with other users. I also like how you can create groups and put multiple e-mails. I also like how you can create calendars and share them with people (which is especially helpful in the business office setting to know when certain people have appointments/meetings, at work, on vacation, etc.). The instant message via Microsoft Teams is great too when trying to communicate with people in different offices. I also like how there are so many different apps I can utilize. There is Delve, Flow, Kaizala, OneNote, Yammer, and PowerApps, Dynamics 365. Unfortunately, I don't use these at my office, but I can see them being utilized fully in other businesses. I use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a lot. I like how all of these have templates too, so I can use those instead of starting from scratch. Excel has one for personal monthly budget, custom calendar, project trackers, lists, weekly timesheets, travel expense trackers, etc. All of these are so useful! All you have to do is input your own data/numbers/words because all the formulas are already preset. Microsoft Word has templates for resumes, business letters, event flyers, reports, newsletters, invitations, etc. They're all so wonderful and helpful!

Cons:

I don't like how you are not able to import or export contacts easily between other e-mail platforms (i.e. google.com) and Outlook. I wish there was some way it could all sync up. Also, they have an app for Outlook, but it's not very user-friendly. A lot of functions are not available (i.e. open another mailbox) and it's hard to see the full e-mail window when I'm typing.