Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection Reviews

by Webroot Software

• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.6/5

About Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection

Multi-vector protection against viruses and malware offering full protection against all of today's sophisticated malware threats.

Learn more about Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection

Steven M.
Operations Support Specialist
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Best of the best, but you pay for it"

Comments: I continue to use the software at home and recommend to anyone out there to include Webroot in their list of vendors to evaluate. Do not let the technology get to you. Just because the software does something different than what you are used to, try it out before disregarding Webroot as a solution. We found Webroot easy to deploy with a light footprint which more than made up for the additional cost.

Pros: Webroot does an amazing job of removing and detecting threats to computers. We also found it very simple to install with a very light footprint on the computer. Users never complained about computer slow downs due to virus scans when we had Webroot deployed.

Cons: We faced two issues with Webroot. Their technology is impressive, but complicated. We never were able to really wrap our heads around how their technology worked compared to other antivirus / antispyware solutions, but it did work, and was quite successful at it. The other concern with Webroot was its price. It is the best software out there we have found for computer protection but it is among the most costly.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
Anthony M.
Sr Systems Admin
Computer & Network Security, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Clear Winner in a Crowded Field of Protection"

Comments: Overall it is very easy to find antivirus protection but when it comes to minimal false negatives and no resource hogging clients this is the clear winner.

Pros: Webroot is a thin, non-system resource intensive anti-virus and malware protection suite. We have tried countless renditions of protection but none offer the amount of protection and ease of use as Webroot. We deploy the client from the web panel and each user is managed in groups with group policies set within our management console. All viruses, malware, and other threats are reported and handled by the client and admins are notified of the threat. The good thing is that the deployment talks to our cloud based management whenever internet is accessed. Users can't disable the client either without our administrative overview.

Cons: The only con I can see is we have had a couple clients that appeared twice in the management and with no rhyme or reason. This was fixed by removing both an reinstalling the client on those particular clients. The good news is that it only happened once or twice.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Brian L.
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"Webroot "

Comments: New stable overall endpoint security platform

Pros: As good as any of the products out there plain and simple

Cons: I can't say that I dislike anything about this software package

by Webroot Software on 21/05/2020

Thanks so much for writing a review! I'm glad you're already getting so much value out of the product.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2020
Nathan M.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2016

"Speed, but with sacrifices."

Comments: I've used Webroot Endpoint Protection for a little over two years. I've found every aspect of the product to be excellent except (and this is a big except) actual detection of threats, and client speed on OS X systems. Webroot allowed several common worms through at my client's location, and did not detect them on a standard Windows 7 installation, even on repeated scans, after I was able to confirm that the infected downloads and compromised .dll files were within the scope of protection. Needless to say, this did not inspire confidence. I wound up using a Kaspersky live stick to remove the infections, and installing a realtime threat detection system using Suricata and ClamAV to meet the data security needs of our clients and ensure we were meeting the obligations of our contracts.

Pros: Very easy to use and deploy, administrative console allows excellent granular controls of client privileges, scope of protection, and endpoint groups. Integrates with Windows server products for deployment (though I use Samba instead, so this was not an option), and provides a centralized point for administrator notification and action when compromised/infected systems are detected. Client seems relatively fast and works on multiple platforms, though see below re. OS X.

Cons: In my experience, Webroot, though the exposed end is fast and well-designed, does not reliably block or detect common threats. This is obviously a Big Deal in a product billed as enterprise-grade antivirus/antimalware. One employee at the affected client's office was able to download three separate third-party software installers containing malware payloads on a Saturday, install them, and work for a full weekend before I arrived back on Monday to complaints that her machine was being "slow and weird". I discovered that Webroot, though fully deployed and set to monitor downloads, warn on browsing, and scan the affected directories, simply had not alerted on anything. At that point, it doesn't matter how beautiful the interface may be: antimalware software which lets common malware through is essentially useless. Also, while there is an OS X client, it's buggy and slow. It causes problems with network browsing and network virtualization with both VirtualBox and VMware Fusion, and it results, for some reason, in systemwide UI slowdowns, which suggest to me that there may be some elemental problems with the codebase: use of deprecated APIs, memory leaks, etc.—not usable.

by Webroot® on 25/08/2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Nathan.

All threat related matters need to be handled by our Threat Team directly. You can open a ticket or contact our Team by phone for immediate assistance.

Open a Support Ticket: http://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA
Business Technical Support:

Richard R.
Implementation
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2020

"The best security "

Comments: My overall experience has been great. I like the product so much that it is my go to for new PCs that come in.

Pros: Wenbroot is by far the best virus protection software out there. Webroot scans PCs very fast. This is the fastest scanner I have ever used and by far the cheapest.

Cons: There isn't anything that I do not like about Webroot. It really is the best virus protection software.

by Webroot Software on 25/02/2020

Thank you so much for the glowing review! I appreciate you taking the time to do this :)

• Reviewed on 24/02/2020
Evan S.
Vessel IT Team Lead
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Small, Easy to Deploy Cloud Endpoint Protection"

Comments: we were able to stop a zero day trojan that came through almost immediately. That was impressive.

Pros: The web console is very easy to use, and allows you to control profiles and quarantine files or paths.

Cons: It has a few times marked good files as bad, and caused some software not to run or work correctly. These instances are few and far between

by Webroot Software on 09/12/2019

Thank you so much for writing this review! I'm glad to hear that Webroot's cloud-based protection was able to catch that 0-day Trojan! This is a huge benefit of the tech we used compared to our competitors - your protection is ALWAYS up to date!

-Webroot community team

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Brian B.
Founder and President
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Best full-spectrum protection for the price!"

Comments: Extremely fast, real-time updates and easy to use!

Pros: Provides user licenses for up to 3 or more systems. Cloud-based, instant updates, sync with smartphone app for Android or Apple.

Cons: Suggest a 30-day trial version of software for new users to compare with existing protection platform software.

by Webroot Software on 19/12/2019

Thank you so much for the detailed review! Glad you're finding our cloud-based threat management system to be effective for your needs!

-Webroot Community Team

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Gary H.
Public Information Officer
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Keeps computer secure"

Comments: We've had no issues with Webroot to date, so it seems to be a pretty good security suite that runs unobtrusively.

Pros: We got this security software package when purchasing computers and support package from Best Buy/Geek Squad. The program runs in the background with minimal CPU usage and hasn't allowed any suspicious malware, viruses, etc. on the computers (as far as I can tell). It also has a web browser app that keeps you secure when browsing the internet on your phone.

Cons: There's not much reporting with this software. I like to see what it scanned, what it discovered, and actions taken, but in more detail.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Ronald K.
GM
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"Webroot"

Comments: My overall experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection has been a very positive one

Pros: What I like most about Webroot is that I can rest assure knowing that my computers as well as my documents are safe.

Cons: What i like least about Webroot is that there really is nothing that I really don't like about this software

by Webroot Software on 10/03/2020

I'm glad that Webroot is helping you feel safe while you're online! We will continue giving you the service you've come to know and love. Thanks so much for the review, Ronald!

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Cayce C.
Partner
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Versatile software "

Pros: I feel this software protects me without being intrusive

Cons: Nothing, software is effective and runs in the background

by Webroot Software on 21/04/2020

I'm glad to hear you're having a good Webroot experience! Thanks so much for writing a review!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Principal
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Best PC protection available"

Comments: In spite of a few minor issues, I still think Webroot has the best protection out there. I would definitely recommend it to any small business owner.

Pros: The set-up for Webroot is extremely simple. You download the software, enter your product key and it does the rest. It has excellent explanations that tell you what each function does and how it works. For instance, it has a good explanation of how its firewall function manages connections to your machines that make sense to a non-technical person such as me. I love that it runs in the background without seeming to affect my computer and only gives pop-up messages when something needs attention. I love that the vendor offers discounts for multiple installations at a relatively small breakpoint. As a small business owner, it certainly makes the product more affordable.

Cons: The Webroot Filtering Extension is not always reliable. For example, it lists my company website as a potentially dangerous page when I know that there is nothing wrong with my page. It has also listed some of the websites of my clients as potentially dangerous pages. I have to admit that I don't know exactly how it decides which pages are malicious and which are not, but whatever method it uses seems a little off. There are also some challenges with the dashboard. I had a laptop crash and needed to re-install Windows. When I did, I wanted to release the license formerly assigned to the crashed laptop and re-assign it so that I would my number of licenses restriction. It was extremely difficult to do so. I ended up having to contact Support for help. And they were very helpful, but it just seems like something one ought to be able to do through the dashboard.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
IT Admin
Warehousing, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2019

"Solid Anti Virus"

Pros: The installation package is very small, installs very quickly, and is easy to keep up to date. They just recently rolled out a new management console which is a welcome upgrade to the previous interface. I also like the ability to group my endpoints by location and apply different antivirus policies as needed without touching the actual machine or even remote desktop.

Cons: If you deactivate an endpoint it does not remove it from your account, it goes into a "deactivated endpoints" group, which can be confusing if you are new to Webroot.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2019
Ingeniero de Implementación y Soporte
Computer & Network Security, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"Webroot, a powerful antivirus to keep your computer safe."

Comments: Currently I am administrator of a Webroot console in which I have the management of several organizations and it has been a good experience when you compare the behavior of the endpoint in different equipment, complies with that is due to find threats, generate reports and prepare exceptions. In the latter the exceptions merit a little time to get more out of it, it is not easy to elaborate them if you do not have knowledge of how Webroot works. The deployment of commands facilitates progress to perform some activities.

Pros: I have been working with Webroot for more than 2 years and has covered part of our needs. Your database is kept up to date for any threat, the management of the console is attractive and the documentation is very helpful. The control of policies is worth highlighting because if you have a large organization you can set parameters for different sectors and with different configurations that are very useful, even the notifications via email for the followers of the console serves as support.

Cons: Webroot has many nice things in its projection as antivirus, but has some things to adjust, for example the generation of report endpoints without updating after a certain time. In mobile devices I have had little experience but it has happened that the update must be done manually. I think they should improve it.

Sean G.
Dentist
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"I am always protected."

Comments: The fact that it is always on and active in the background is appealing. I don't like other products that constantly remind you they are there with pop-ups. I am not sure if it has stopped any viruses or trouble but there is a comfort knowing it's always there and working.

Pros: Webroot runs in the background and updates automatically. There are no pop-ups or messages like you have with other products so even though it is always on and working you don't realize its going.

Cons: This is the preferred antivirus and protection software by my IT team but it is expensive. Not prohibitively, but expensive enough where there is a license fee that has to be paid to keep the software active. I wish you could buy they software outright.

by Webroot Software on 27/11/2019

Hey there Sean,

Thanks so much for writing this positive review! The best antivirus solution is one that sits in the background, doesn't bother you, and keeps you protected - glad you're having that experience so far. If you ever need anything, please reach out to us at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Thanks!
Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
CIO
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2019

"Lightweight antivirus solution should be part of your security stance"

Comments: We needed a lighter-weight AV solution. The solution we switched from consumed a lot of RAM at times and we could not quite figure out why even with vendor support and KB articles. We coupled WebRoot with another AV and did so at reduced cost.

Pros: Low system resource utilization. Reliable client. Excellent Admin console. No management server to maintain.

Cons: It seems to duplicate registered machines randomly. We'd sort by machine name and find duplicates which count against your license quota. We'd have to disable the machine with the older file update version.

by Webroot Software on 27/11/2019

Hey there,

Thanks so much for writing up this detailed review! We really appreciate you joining the Webroot team and I'm glad that you're having a good experience with it so far. Have you checked in with our support team regarding duplicated machines? I'm sure that we can help you find a fix for this. Please contact our support department at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Thanks!
Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

• Reviewed on 01/11/2019
Paul S.
Analyst III
Machinery, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"Product is very good and is efficient. Does not slow most systems down."

Comments: Less admin overhead and less of a resource hog on the end points. It is a little harder to deploy, but since it is not 500GB, like some of the major players in the space, it works really well. Support has been good for helping us with some detections but the lack of fixed IP space for the clients to connect to is frustrating. And installing with the proxy setting is not always consistent.

Pros: The footprint is tiny. It is very fast and efficient. It does not slow down systems when it is working. Support is pretty good. I would say this is good software for a MSP or a smaller Org. We might find a replacement if they can't fix their problems.

Cons: It needs to talk to Amazon Cloud to check in with the portal. We don't allow access out to the internet without a proxy. WebRoot IP's are changing because they are on AWS. So we can't put IP based rules in our firewalls to allow access. And we are not going to allow all AWS IP's. I really wish WR would get a range of fixed IP's so the client can attach. When they can't attach, they get disconnected. They have a proxy option while installing, but it seems kind of intermittent. Works sometimes, and sometimes not.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Altagracia V.
Docencia
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"It is a good alternative to keep our equipment and files safe from threats"

Comments: In general terms I can assure that today I feel very safe with this antivirus installed on my computers. It is a great protector, very efficient that has saved me several times from malware and Trojans that have put my files at risk.

Pros: This program can be used in different platafmormas and its price is competitive with respect to other antivirus in the market. It is light and does not slow down my machine. You have the option to program scans and do it in the background. The program runs on different operating systems which is a very positive aspect. Its interface is simple

Cons: Sometimes it detects false positives when we try to download an application that is clean. That is usually uncomfortable because it takes time away. Even so, I think that the positive aspects of this program go far beyond the negative ones

by Webroot Software on 12/07/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and if you ever need help regarding a false positive, our support team is only a phone call away at 1-866-254-8400.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2018
Business Owner
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"A Solid System that I Often Recommend"

Pros: WebRoot is my go-to Anti-Virus and Digital Security System. I have worked in technology retail for many many years and I found that WebRoot was one of the more rigorous and aggressive systems for blocking unwanted programs and keeping my information safe; but also one that had the best User Interface and was able to be communicated clearly to the uninitiated. When having to choose between selling WebRoot and other software, I would always recommend WebRoot.

Cons: I have very little negative feedback for WebRoot. It has kept my systems safe for many years and I continue to renew my account each year. I'm sure there may be features I'm not using optimally and not informed about such decisions, but I have been pleased with the product WebRoot has put out.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Tyler T.
IT Director
Architecture & Planning, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2018

"hands down the best. Webroot is who you want watching your back."

Comments: If you want real protection software, that wont slow your computer down or kill your wallet. Webroot is it! Nothing is better.

Pros: Cost effective
Support agents, actually know their product
Low resource
Effective security
Ease of use

Cons: Central management console only allows for reboots of the agent.
I would like more control, remediation, and notification.
no reports i can find so far.

by Webroot Software on 28/02/2018

Thanks for the review, Tyler.
Always know that we have your back! It's our privileged.

I saw that you'd like more reporting functionality and control. The team and I have seen these requests come in recently from others as well. Please feel free to add your own thoughts and ideas to our Feature Request section so that you can help us make Webroot even better!

Business Feature Requests: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/ent4

All the best and thank you again!

Webroot Community Support Team

• Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Nyeisa B.
facilities assistant / sales
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2018

"Why i choose Webroot over other antiviruses"

Comments: Webroot is a all around simple antivirus that keeps all your devices safe from harmful files and viruses. You can cover up to 5 devices under one membership

Pros: Webroot is fairly priced in my opinion and not only that but you are allowed to have up to 5 devices per each membership. So you could cover your cell phone, labtop, desktop PC and whatever devices under the same membership. It runs smooth and it hardly ever slows up your PC or device while it is running, sometimes it will a little bit when you are scanning with it, but not slow enough to complain about unlike other antiviruses.

Cons: There are certain options it has that I have been trying to figure out and has been time consuming for example It took me forever to figure out and set up the password manager it offers, but it is something I really needed in my life. It has system optimize and system analyzer with it but it should have more options such as defrag or uninstall apps etc etc.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2018
Information Technology Logistics
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"Threat Intelligence"

Comments: It ensures that data from millions of sources, including real-world endpoints and our embedded security partners. Select data points are correlated across URLs, IP addresses, files, and mobile apps to enable predictive determinations on where threats may emerge, based on a guilt-by-association model.

Pros: Very rarely requires an increased hardware profile
Integrates directly with the partner's management console, policy engine, and reporting infrastructure.Scales across the partner's product lines, from solutions for SMBs to those for remote offices or roaming machines, to the data center
Development efforts that can be leveraged across the same range of product lines.

Cons: From the time it was installed to the time it was up and running we hadn't had any major issues that would cause any type of concern.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Jing Z.
College instructor
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"I think the Webroot is a good deal!"

Comments: I personally like it. It makes me feel more comfortable and relax when I shop around online.

Pros: 1. It's pretty affordable! I usually buy it from Amazon each year. Each package can serve 3 computers.
2. It's very easy to install or renew. It takes you only less than 5 minutes to get it done.
3. You can schedule your scanning time for each day.
4. It offers identity protection.

Cons: The Webroot cannot detect all viruses, so you can still run the risk of being infected sometime.

by Webroot Software on 11/12/2019

Hey there Jing,

Thank you so much for the glowing review of Webroot! I'm glad to hear you've found it easy to protect multiple computers with our SecureAnywhere solution. Please note that if you ever have difficulties, you can contact our support team here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Cheers!
-Webroot Community Team

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Emily A.
Dispatcher
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Webroot Review"

Comments: I use Webroot on a daily basis and have been extremely satisfied with how quickly threats are removed on endpoints.

Pros: Easy for users to scan their own PC. Sites that need attention stick out in the portal and are easy to access right away.

Cons: Webroot portal could be a little bit easier to navigate. We also have issues with Webroot installed on Macs and needing to uninstall and reinstall the software multiple times in order for it to properly report.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Technical Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"Maybe the best antivirus solution for a MSP"

Comments: Webroot SecureAnywhere its fits so well we our business, allowing us to secure all our costumer’s network with a minimal footprint agent installed on every endpoint. Is an easy deployment solution and even easier to manage, because it’s a cloud-based solution that allow us to monitor every costumer easily in a few minutes. And because it’s a cloud based solutions, we don’t need additional software or hardware installed to start to secure the network. Another AV solutions offer different kind of licenses according to what kind of device you want to secure, but with webroot one license work with workstation and servers the same.

Pros: The small footprint of the agent, because it help with an easy and faster deployment

Cons: Dosn't support Linux distribution and that is something that make you thing if is the right solution when you have many linux endpoints

Sun K.
Product Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"Adds a layer of protection to corporate computers."

Comments: This will add a layer of protection to your computers at work, however it does not protect you against everything and common practices such as not opening suspicious attachments should still be maintained.

Pros: The software is not very intrusive and just runs in the background. The admin can easily manage all the instances of the software running on other computers.

Cons: There are some false positive detections at times and adding exclusions to the system is can be a tedious task at times. Pricing for licenses can add up over time, especially as a company grows.

by Webroot Software on 10/01/2020

Thanks so much for the review! If you're ever having difficulty with false-positives, please contact our support team so that they can modify the threat detection appropriately. You can reach them here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020