Project office manager

Reviewed on 28/04/2017
Irena L.
Project office manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was at the implementation of the Replicon, we are using Timehseet modul (with Payroll, Invoicing(, Expense modul Time off modul). We are using it for collectiong monthly timesheet hours and send it to our customers for the approval, we are using it for invoicing to the clinets, for preparation of the reports for salaries, for stimualtions that our consultants get based on the invoiced hours they wrote in the Replicon. Ozur consultants are also managing their expenses in Replicon, where me as Project office manager approved them in I see, what we have to invoice also to the clinets. Our consultants also carry in their time off, which we are also managing entirely through Replicon. Our Management are Supervisors and they are approving timesheets weekly from their consultants. Replicon really helped us managing and improving the visibility over the company work, budgeting and efficiency. I am also preparing monthly the profitabilit reports for our projects that we are managing, through different reports that I get from Replicon.

Pros: It covers most of the things we need as a company in our business, that we are efficient.

Cons: When I want to put some hours of our consultants from one project to another after it was already invoiced, I have to delete these invoice, so I can open timesheet and put hours on some other project, because the consultant made a mistake when he/she was writing hours in it.

by Replicon on 04/05/2017

Thank you for your valuable feedback Irena. Your Account Manager will get in touch to discuss on how we can set up the report to make it easy for you to audit.

Useful full-functionality timesheet system

Reviewed on 16/04/2017
Geoffrey W.
Service Operations Analyst
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We use the Replicon system to record all time spent by most members of the company. It has a web interface and everyone in the company has a logon. Each department has an admin user who can assign people to projects. Projects can be set up by admins, and users log time against each project. At the end of each week/month every user has to submit their timesheets, and anyone who does not receives an alert that their timesheet is overdue. It is also possible to configure warnings that the deadline is looming, which we find very useful. After submission all users' time is submitted to the relevant project manager/owner, who then approves or rejects the time.
Projects can be subdivided into many categories and sub-categories, and each can be marked as billable (or not) and different billing rates can be specified. Admins can allow or deny time entry for their projects and also set time limits, whereby no time can be added to the project after a certain date. All approved time is totalled up by the system and forwarded to the finance team, who can then use the system to prepare bills to send to customers. The Replicon system allows this to be run smoothly and we are very happy with it.
The web-based interface means that it is available everywhere and so no one has any excuses to not filling out their time.
There is also a facility to manage annual leave but we have not used it so cannot comment on this.
Overall I would recommend this system.

Pros: Web interface, granularity of project specification, full workflow from time submission to billing, auto-save when you forget to press save(!)

Cons: For long and complicated timesheets I would like a useful search

by Replicon on 17/04/2017

Thank you Geoffrey for taking the time to provide your feedback about Replicon. I'm looking into your query regarding the quick search feature on the timesheets and will get back to you.

Great & Easy Software for Small Nonprofit

Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Executive Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall this is a great system and a huge improvement over tracking hours and leave on spreadsheets. It is easy to learn, easy to use, and easy to customize. It is also reasonably priced. Support is always available when needed and there is never a long wait time. I recommend this product to anyone looking to improve their time tracking for employees.

Pros: Easy to use. Everyone learned how to use it quickly. We have full time salary employees who assign hours to activities as well as interns who clock in and out and get paid hourly - it is great to be able to have both options in the same system. Customer support is always quick to respond and they are able to solve my issues most of the time - the chat feature is really great and much easier than a phone call. I love being able to review all the time sheets and time off easily and employees appreciate being able to keep track of their vacation/sick leave balances w/o having to calculate it themselves. It is also great to be able to run reports every 2 weeks with the interns hours and pay totals. The reminder emails are also helpful and keep me from having to nag employees to submit time sheets on time.

Cons: We keep running into an issue with our time zone because we are in the US Virgin Islands (Atlantic Standard Time) and we do not observe daylight savings. The issue seems to be fixed for now, but I have contacted support multiple times because our times have been 1 hour off on reports and in the system. The issue was fixed every time I contacted support but then days or weeks later, the same issue would arise. I also wish there was a user option for a supervisor to review and approve all time sheets, but not have to complete a time sheet themselves. As far as I know, every user with an account also has time sheets to complete. I also wish there was a way for salaried employees to add their time in/time out of the office in addition to logging hours against activities. We found a workaround by adding comments to each day, but it would be nice if this feature was already included in the system.

Replicon's TimeAttend makes online timesheets convenient, easy and quick!

Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Jill E.
Human Resources Generalist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It met our company's needs by providing an accessible online tool (computer and mobile phones) to quickly capture time worked on projects; it allows our employees to differentiate time worked on billable projects vs. overhead, etc. Replicon's TimeAttend quickly produces reports that show paid time off (used and available), overview of hours worked each pay period by employee, etc.

Pros: I have no complaints about Replicon's TimeAttend. It's SO VERY easy to use, that I could have taught myself! However, there is a "Help" link to learn more about it if I wish. Replicon allows me to enter my hours worked on a daily basis, approve/submit once per pay period, and see when my manager has approved my time work. It also allows me to request vacation with very little effort. I can request less than a full day, and opt to add a reason. It permits me to request multiple days off with one effort -- unfortunately, not all Time & Attendance systems provide that option even if two vacation days are consecutive. Replicon also provided us a brief "trial" that permitted me to test it to see firsthand the ease of use, how easy it was to provide the approval as a supervisor, submit my own time worked, etc.

by Replicon on 16/02/2018

Thank you for the feedback Jill.

Replicon greatly improved our project visibility and made it easier for users to report their time

Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Jonathan O.
Corporate Business Planner
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: User interface is clean and friendly, so it is less of a burden for users to enter there time (which is often the last thing they think of). Now we can quickly generate reports to perform analysis of projects, which is helpful for planning new projects. It is also integrated with our SAP-Concur system, so we can see all time, expenses, and invoices billed against projects, giving us true visibility into our projects.

Pros: Ease of adding/updating projects including use of import tool, control over which users can charge to which projects, the ability to force users to report time against tasks (when needed), the clean and user-friendly interface, and the ability to integrate with SAP Concur to pull in expense and invoice data. This last item is an important one for us, as we have struggled with how to report progress of projects including time spent against projects and expenses/invoices billed against projects. Another big one is the excellent customer service. The team is very friendly and responsive, and most of my requests have been answered/resolved in a short amount of time.

Cons: Not much that I don't like, but I would like to see more simplicity in the use of reporting templates. Each template has only certain available fields, and it can be hard sometimes to find the template with the right mix of needed fields.

Useful and Completely Functional Timesheet System

Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Jerome P.
Finance Officer
Accounting, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The overall experience with Replicon is refreshing and positive. I rely on it extensively.

Pros: I use Replicon to keep track of all time spent by most members of the company. It is a great system, easy to learn and it has helped improve most project's perceptibility. Replicon's interface is clean and friendly and ease of scheduling takes less time which is a better choice compared to manual timesheets we used to pass around everyday. The app is exactly what it needs to be as it provides a great deal of flexibility that allows easy matching of time spent on projects against budgeted hours.

Cons: Replicon does not have a good deployment for mobile devices, its access is slow and has limitations in terms of reporting. Neither does it allow configuration of different scenario analysis nor allows manipulation over time. Its interface is too simple and I think there's more room for more functions so that we can integrate more work into the system, to improve reporting options for that is more versatile and manageable.

Replicon Customer Support is Fantastic

Reviewed on 02/05/2018
Laura T.
Acting CFO
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Replicon is a solid company with very responsive and individualized support that fits our company well. We use the software for time tracking, resource loading, and numerous reports for the many projects worked within our company. So far, it has integrated well with our internal invoicing and payroll software. I have been impressed with the immediate solutions I receive when various issues arise or the assistance in solving a need for various project requirements. If a solution isn't found immediately, Replicon's support personnel are very thorough to follow-through and make sure the needs of our company are met if at all possible. In most cases, a solution has been found. Thank you Replicon Support Team!

Pros: Customer Support is very good. Very timely, responsive, and availability is great. This software works well for tracking numerous projects,employee time detail, and resources.

Cons: There are some issues from converting to one version to the next generation that are still work in progress to get performance up to what it was. However, the new gen added some wonderful features, so it was worth the trade off.

Great useful software. Be prepared for a long implementation cycle.

Reviewed on 28/04/2017
Chuck D.
SVP Operations
501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of scheduling taking less time to do it. Able to fine tune our cost structure due to the instant knowledge of the daily labour cost of a project

Pros: The ease of report generation allows us to track our labour cost per project much closer than we ever have. Scheduling 300 people, and replacing people on the schedule, is much easier than our previous spreadsheet method.

Cons: The implementation process was extremely frustrating and took much longer than it should. In tow separate implementations, the project manager changed part way through the process. The project managers don't appear to be very knowledgeable about the client needs. For example, we had to do all of the research for holiday pay rules by province. This is something that should be baked into the system. For expense reporting, we had to do the research for the sales tax formulas. We would also prefer paying on a monthly subscription basis as we do with most other software, however Replicon requires an annual payment up front.

by Replicon on 04/05/2017

Thank you for the feedback Chuck. We've shared the feedback regarding implementation to the relevant team. Your Account Manager will get in touch with you to discuss.

Good timekeeping system - DCAA Approved!

Reviewed on 05/04/2018
Tina S.
Sr. Recruiter
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Highly recommend this system overall.

Pros: This system is easy to use, allows for custom and preset charge codes. Things like holidays can be preprogrammed, but custom codes for special project can be added at any point. We also use Replicon to put in expense reports and get 2 tiers of approvals for expense through the system as well. They have recently added a good mobile feature as well for people who are at a customer site all day.
Allows for notes each day for time charged, as well as reasons for any hours that may change.

Cons: Mobile Application for time card requires you to download another app on your phone. You can also go through web on your phone, but the website loses its formatting and its is a bit challenging to do on your phone.
Maybe it is how we set ours up, but any leave you take pops up as holiday and you need to select PTO from the drop-down, I wish it was the opposite.

Easily record my time and request time off

Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Quality Assurance Analysts
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Replicon is much better than the manual timesheets we used to have to fill out forever ago. It makes it easier for managers to approve their employee's time.

Pros: Replicon makes it easy to record my time daily and automatically enters holidays and my approved time off on my timesheet If I need to look back at past timesheets, or re-open an old sheet it is easy and user friendly with just a click. All the information you need is easy to find on either the Timesheet or Time Off tabs. I can quickly see my Vacation and Sick time balances. I like that when time is approved I receive an email and don't have to go back to the software to check.

Cons: The drop down's where you select the Program/Project to post time to is a little daunting at first, however I think it is more how our particular company set this up than it is an actual issue with the software's functionality.

Overall my experience with Replicon has been positive; we rely upon it extensively.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Rodney O.
Corporate Analyst
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As an engineering firm, it tracked all hours worked either billable or non-billable. This information then translated into many SMT reports and allowed the project managers to control and monitor their respected project.

Pros: - Strong, reliable audit trail
-Backend database; SDK with newer G3 version allowing a customer to easily create their own data warehouse
-Good customer support
-Visually pleasing front end interface
-The front end user interface is easy to use
-Ideal timesheet platform for consulting base customers; you can easily set projects; restrict users etc

Cons: As an administrator, I didn't have any major issue with Replicon . I often found the amount of functionality a bit overwhelming particularly as we switched from G1 to G3. The one con I had was the connectivity with Replicon server (not on our end) it would discount and go offline once in a while, this would often frustrate the user who is trying to update their timesheet. Also, switching been the Admin tabs was slow. It would take me a while to simple set up a new user.

Effective tool for tracking time

Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Jeffrey C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The Replicon Web Timesheets helps us track time against the projects, as well as track R&D activities, and provides productivity metrics for our team to use to self-improve our business processses.

Pros: The main time-sheet is very straightforward to enter time records into. We use the reports heavily as well (see comments below), as well as tracking progress on specific projects and tasks.

Cons: Reports are limited in that you cannot setup a fiscal year for reports to divide by fiscal year quarters. Nor is there a nice way to export the data into our own in-house reporting tool to synchronise with other accounting related reports. We have some project check point reports that we have run 3 separate reports in order to get all the data we need, which is annoying but not the end of the world. Also, the holiday calendar requires each holiday date to be entered manually instead of standing rules.

Replicon TimeBill's flexibility makes it THE market leader.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019
John G.
Program Manager
Government Administration, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: the Replicon TimeBill application has allowed us to streamline reimbursable agreements from and accuracy and timeliness perspective. Project/Program management has also improved using the data collected/reported in Replicon. Some of our projects/programs require a cost management reporting component and this has been fairly simple to design, develop and deploy. Early adoption of TBM models has also been possible with this product.

Pros: As a federal government organization, we had some rather unusual requirements and we have been able to customize the application to achieve 98% of our needs within the system. The ability to use Excel.CSV imports and exports has saved us a tremendous amount of time without compromising data integrity.

Cons: The reporting function is very powerful but a little arcane in construction and distribution. We have been able to work around these issues, but would like to see some gains in this area.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Curran H.
Admin Assistant
Public Policy, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My experience with Replicon has been great. They worked through transitioning us to their Gen 3 platform and it went great. Their support was able to fix any problems we encountered with implementation. They are extremely patient with getting us set up with a complicated integration project with another service.

Pros: The support team is excellent and always willing to work through any problem and find a solution to your needs.

Cons: Setting up users can be a little complicated.

Replicon Review

Reviewed on 08/08/2018
Software Engineer of Enterprise Release
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Replicon is exactly what it needs to be. It's a simple and easy to use web based timesheet, expense and time off tracker. Nothing glamorous here just simple and effective. One of the features that I personally love is the ability to see and track other people's time off within your organization. It has helped on more than one occasion when trying to plan meetings or coordinate schedules with multiple people who may or may not be out of the office.

Cons: One small aspect that could use some improvement is in user's personal setting and in particular notification settings. As of right now there doesn't appear to be any way for a user to be able to set or adjust their notification settings. It's a small complaint in the grand scheme of things and definitely not a deterrent from using Replicon as a timesheet solution.

The way to stay on top of everything

Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Gabriela M.
Operations Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The easy use of it's features and funcionalities. Our whole organization uses it and it has made time tracking, reporting and overall monitoring easier. We use it for time punches, overtime, salary review, employee details, vacation bookings, payroll.

Cons: We cannot attach documents in the clock in/out or time off bookings. For example, to add a medical certificate to justify a medical leave that was entered in the system.

Replicon Timesheet Use

Reviewed on 03/08/2018
John R.
Services Project Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Customer support is excellent. The tools are easy to use and provide a great deal of flexibility that allows our company to track in detail what our employees are working on.

Pros: The methods to enter time and create new charge codes and related tasks are intuitive and straight forward. The ability to easily identify resources for charging specific codes and tasks is a powerful feature that allows us to track, in detail, what activities are being executed. The reporting features and the ability to filter on any of the reported fields provide the right level of detail and the generation of the report data for large data sets is fast. The timesheet approval chains are very flexible and provide the ability for multi-level approval.

Cons: I have nothing negative to say about the timesheet software and its capabilities.

Modern user friendly time tracking

Reviewed on 26/07/2018
Tse-sung W.
CapEx Project Portfolio Manager
Medical Practice, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a very well executed time sheet tracking system. I'm not sure if there is a mobile solution- but that would be equally helpful. Two functionalities that wold make this into a full service portfolio management resource tool are: 1. The ability to perform scenario analysis: given different project durations and starts, what is the overall demand forecast? If postpone a project, if we shorten one, what is the impact on overall labor demand? 2. We need a way to translate demand forecast by project deliverable into the calendar. The deliverable is a discrete line item in a schedule to which a number of hours from diff. depts. are needed to complete. Project Managers and schedulers typically think of the hours needed, by dept, to complete a deliverable. Given the dates over which this work spans, the system would automatically distribute the hours across time. As it stands now, when we want to do allocations, as forecasts are called in Replicon, we need to calculated exactly what months in the year the labor demand is. This is cumbersome and should be automated.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to add tasks, UI is pleasant. Able to be part of an org's SSO. Easy to manager users, tasks, etc.

Cons: Unable to perform scenario analysis. Another functionality that doesn't exist is the ability to easily convert demand forecasts based on project deliverables to months.

Replicon

Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Administration, Production and Inventory Manager
Farming, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The support system is great, the team will go above and beyond to help you and ensure your needs are taken care of, the ease of use, made this partnership a no brainier for us.

Pros: The ease of use, the system is superb in the way it allows our employees to clock in and out from the fields, the different activities, departments are a great help for our business that has many areas in which we separate our labor. It is of simple use and we love that the app can be downloaded into mobile phones and tablets for our team to carry with them into the different areas of our work.

Cons: the reporting is not as detail as we would like it, meaning, it does have many reports and they will customize whatever you need, is just the having to go through support to have them do that for you, but Support system is Amazing.

The Replicon experience is a refreshing one.

Reviewed on 27/04/2018
Michael S.
Engineering Manager
Design, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We use it to track hours spent on projects versus the budgeted hours

Pros: Ease of use, great report capability. We use this software to help in estimating projects for Engineering time. All users can write notes in their daily entries to describe any problems they encountered in doing their projects. We can later run reports to review what went right/wrong on projects. The reporting capability is unmatched compared to other time keeping software.
The customer response team is great, they get back to you quickly and are very knowledgeable about their product.

Cons: I really do not have anything negative to say. One issue is if yo u have time charged to a department and the department is no longer needed, I have not found a way to delete it from view, it simply is light gray in color.

Replicon has totally transformed the way we track our employee time in order to invoice customers!

Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Leanne P.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Saves me a ton of time every month with the benefit of being about to run summary reports at any time for any reason.

Pros: It was super easy to implement and all staff, regardless of computer skills, we quickly able to begin using the software. The summary reports run each month make billing fast and efficient. And the ability to obtain a quick summary of hours and expenses for any project, at any time, for any duration was something we were never able to do before. When our Clients ask for an update, we can quickly provide them with a professional looking summary report.

Cons: Honestly...I know we are using only a fraction of what this software is capable of. I wish there was an easier way to determine what other tools may be helpful to us and to quickly learn how to implement them.

Robust yet flexible

Reviewed on 08/10/2018
John G.
Program Manager
10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With the ability to add custom fields and subsequently sort and report on any of these fields this tool is outstanding.

Pros: Ability to makes changes pertinent to our business model, even if said models evolve quickly. Using estimated hours/estimated costs for project management, customer billing and budget-based execution is something not found in some of the competing products.

Cons: Reporting engine is pretty robust as well, but would significantly benefit from greater control, categorization and scheduling. Although this is not a payroll system replacement, a few additions in this direction would be beneficial. The ability to calculate and categorize premium time (OT, Comp, Credit earned etc.) would benefit institutions that book these entities differently to offset future clearance.

I find replicon very user friendly generally

Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Caroline A.
Admin Assistant
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like that it you can keep all info in the one place (timesheets, expenses, time-off). As an administrator, I find it easy to navigate between user profiles and to configure most settings. Customer services are always on hand to answer any queries and their response turnaround time is very good.

Cons: the reporting function can be a bit complex at times esoecially when trying to create customised reports. Also, the way you add clients to a user timesheet is a bit time-consuming as you first need to go into each specific client & project before you can add the user's name to it. It would be easier if you could have a client list in each user profile and you could simply tick the names of the clients that they need access to (not sure if that's doable of course)

Easy to use. User Friendly. Great Support. Makes payroll very fast and accurate.

Reviewed on 17/07/2018
Daragh C.
Player and Fixed Asset Accountant
201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As I've said before the best thing about this product is that it saves payroll a huge amount of time, which for a business could mean many things, from becoming paperless to saving general costs across the business.

Pros: The best things about this product is that time sheets are processed by the individuals and once approved we in payroll can run a report to download the information we need. From there we can import the data into our payroll software in very fast and accurate manner. Doesn't take long at all compared to the old days where we'd have piles of paper time sheets, and we'd have to manually input them. Now the individual spends a min a week filling in their time sheet online.

Cons: There really isn't many cons. All I'd say is that every business is different and it could take up to a year to have it doing exactly what you need. From permissions to how it extracts to your payroll. Once you have it how you want it you won't look back.

HR Generalist

Reviewed on 07/08/2018
Devon D.
HR Generalist
Public Policy, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like that the feature is easy to navigate, whether the user is an employee, supervisor, or administrator. As an administrator, the "proxy' feature is invaluable because I can see what the employee sees as I try to troubleshoot the situation. I also like that all the various time off accruals can be viewed easily on one page. I also like that there is an app that goes with the system.

Cons: While I think Replicon has a responsive and knowledgeable support team, it can be frustrating receiving 3-5 calls about the same ticket - even after the ticket was marked resolved. While I appreciate Replicon's willingness to assist customers, it would be better if the representatives checked to see whether the ticket was still open before reaching out.