Filter by:

• Overall

About Basecamp

Trusted by millions, Basecamp puts everything you need to get work done in one place.

Learn more about Basecamp

Showing 13,277 reviews

Paul W.
Paul W.
Managing Director in UK
Arts & Crafts, 11-50 Employees

I always come back to Basecamp

5 4 months ago

Comments: We have three sites. What Basecamp has provided is the unification of messages and tasks across all sites. It has added transparency that is invaluable to all of our team. We can keep important documents. Onboarding videos and other useful information. No more scraps of paper or post-it notes on peoples desks. It provides real accountability for everyone on the team. So simple to use which means 100% user adoption. Everyone loves Basecamp and we have tried every PM software out there. Basecamp is the best in the business!

Pros:

When you first start using basecamp, two things strike you the most. It’s clean super tight interface and the lack of some common functions. I see both of these things as a positive. This might seem odd but you soon realise that the makers at Basecamp are uncompromising in their relentless pursuit of keeping you efficient. No bloat. No complication. These all adds up to adoption by the whole team. Which for me is the most important thing. You can have a perfect project management system, but if no one uses it. It’s useless. Basecamp’s gets everything on the same page.

Cons:

I would love the app to give you persistent reminders for tasks! Snooze for 5 mins etc.

Sera S.
program manager in US

A good tool for project management

4 3 months ago

Pros:

Overall, we like that Basecamp is pretty easy to use for our team and our clients.

Cons:

There are improvements for task management that are very needed so it can be efficient for PMs and team members along with more robust integration options.

Bethany D.
Editor in US
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

My, well, base camp for client communications!

5 7 months ago

Comments: I create an individual Basecamp project for each of my clients to handle communication, deadlines, and file-sharing. Basecamp is the only project management software I've found that really excels at being used in a client-facing manner. I can get clients set up within minutes without confusing or overwhelming them.

Pros:

My use of Basecamp is unique in that I personally don't need project management software as much as a client communication interface, and Basecamp is perfect for that! My work requires me to implement deadlines for both my team and my clients, and Basecamp allows me to clearly communicate that entire timeline while keeping all files and communication in one place. It really is a perfect "home base"!

Cons:

I'd love to be able to customize which projects we receive updates on! Instead of just choosing email updates or no email updates, it would be great to have a newsfeed of only starred projects or even the ability to designate and filter by role within a project. I also feel that the jump between Basecamp Personal and Basecamp Business is a bit too stark. I'd love to see, say, a Basecamp Entrepreneur option in between aimed at companies that don't need unlimited features and can't afford the $99 monthly price point. Basecamp 2's "10 projects for $20/month" package would be an ideal model!

Maszni A.
Maszni A.
Senior Web Developer in Malaysia
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good software for building project management

4 8 months ago

Comments: I mainly use it to collaborating on project with my team members which working on the other branches. We can communicate and work on the same task in real-time and making the project collaboration process very effective.

Pros:

The feature and menu is perfectly placed in the software dashboard. I can easily find the tools that i need really fast and that has speed up my work progress. All my project and the progress can be tracked by the visual percentage thus make it more easier to know the project level of completion.

Cons:

Basecamp tools for task management is somewhat lacking because there are no tools to managing a complex project that need many resources for the project. The software dashboard and overall design is too old and very unappealing compared to other software that has more modern looking software design.

Shannon O.
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Feature Rich and Effective for Project Management

5 10 months ago

Comments: I signed up for Basecamp to work within a client's Basecamp processes, and now I use it to manage most everything that I work on in collaboration with others. It makes a lot of sense and is intuitive once you accustom to how the projects and to-do lists work.

Pros:

The ability to add clients to a project and hide them from information within the project is SO handy. We use that feature a lot for internal to-dos and managing the client without them seeing behind-the-scenes.

Cons:

To-do lists are pretty basic. You can assign to a person and add a date, but if you are used to feature-rich todo lists (embedded images, color coding, sub-checklists in a to-do, etc) then you will be disappointed. And although I find the "me" tab easy and intuitive, when we add new members to a project they almost universally struggle in the first weeks to really use Basecamp to its highest functionality.

Kristen N.
Product Marketing Supervisor in US

Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos

5 2 years ago

Comments: Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless. Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Pros:

The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners. As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Cons:

The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

Recruiter in US
Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Basecamp is the best all user portal!

4 2 years ago

Comments: Our team has always been collaborative but with Basecamp used as a tool, we have been able to increase our collaborative spirit. In addition, we have been able to accomplish projects and tasks faster because it gives us a way to share which piece we are working on and thus eliminating duplication.

Pros:

I love Basecamp! I think it is a great software for keeping tabs on projects and people you work with. It is a collaborative space for users to update each other on what parts of the project they are working on or finishing up. It gives our team the balance needed to ensure no one is working on the same thing or on overlapping projects. It has been a huge asset and we have all loved watching the progression of projects and campaigns we are working on. It has many settings so you can really set it up based on how your team would best thrive.

Cons:

One con is that this product could easily turn into a micromanaging tool for bad managers and leaders. When utilized properly it will do wonders for your team but if overused it could be a huge pain point and stressor for employees. They allow an option to have your team give a daily summary of their tasks and I could easily see that going wrong if used by the wrong manager.

Michael S.
Michael S.
CEO in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Great Solution For Team Collaboration & Basic Project Management

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've used Basecamp to manage development projects, marketing programs, product management, company calendars, and basic HR/company policy documentation for several years. I've always found it to be reliable and easy to use. I will continue to use it going forward.

Pros:

Basecamp is incredibly intuitive and easy-to-use. New users can start using the system in a very short period of time. I love the ability to upload files to specific projects or teams and to organize them into folders and update them with new versions. I also really appreciate how Basecamp makes sharing news, messages, and schedules with members of the team. Basecamp is also very affordable, even for small teams.

Cons:

I would like to see some additional project management features added. Specifically, project milestones and Gantt charts. A few of the features are not particularly useful, such as the Gaussian-looking completion chart.

Sean G.
Graphic Production Manager in US

The best production management software for our company.

5 2 years ago

Comments: We use Basecamp for every project that goes through our company, and we have some team members that use it constantly and some that barely want to touch it ... when you rely on Basecamp for your company to run smoothly, you need to make sure you have 100% buy in from the team and everybody is using the software with some form of ground rules in place to help keep everything organized. Once that is dialed in, basecamp really can cover every needs we run across and it has grown with us from a 3 person company up to a 28 person company and should be able to sustain for the foreseeable future.

Pros:

The pros of basecamp are the company wide team access and usage, easy access to current project related data, storage for project photos and renders. We have an archive of our projects for the past 6 years as well, so we can always go back in and find any info we may have had in the past but are missing now.

Cons:

Basecamp is just difficult enough that our team members who are a little less tech savvy can feel overwhelmed with navigating the software. We tend to have 150 -250 open, active projects at any given time, so they struggle to know which project relates to them and get discouraged by the navigation. Since there are so many ways to use the software, to-dos, conversations, calendars, file browsing, etc. it can become disjointed and unorganized quickly. You really need to stay on top of keeping everything in a manner that cuts down confusion.

Chris N.
Digital COnsultant in Australia

Organising the mess!

4 2 years ago

Comments: There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction.
Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Pros:

Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Cons:

It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

Kamila G.
Kamila G.
Founder & CEO ¿ Business Coach | Marketing Strategist | Online Training for Coaches & Experts in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great for client management and projects

5 3 years ago

Comments: It helps us keep the communication with clients in one place versus using email which is helpful. I wish they had a free version though. I like the style and branding of the app, but if I wasn't using it for client work I doubt I'd be using it for my own projects.

Pros:

- The interface is fun to navigate, it's just pleasant to look at. I like all the little buttons, the way that the check marks are designed, it's fun to comment and check things off. I'm a big nerd when it comes to the actual enjoyment of a platform. The brand is on point. - I like that you can set up different sections for todo's versus having them all be in place. It's also helpful to have a separate files section and discussions section for things not related to specific to-do's although we do rarely use them with my clients. - I see they have an option to use Clientside where the client doesn't get to see all the things in Basecamp, and they can still use email primarily when it comes to the communication. I personally don't use this option and we just have the client in their own Basecamp but it's a great option for folks if they don't want their clients IN the actual project. - It's easy to attach images, write quick comments, and send pings to team members.

Cons:

- The price point, it's obviously not a free option like Trello or others and it is the same in terms of quality as those two except for the design and having clients in there. - It can get confusing for the client. They don't know where to go. - Sometimes we don't know where to write things, there are too many options for communication and discussion which makes the organization of our conversations a bit trickier to manage. - I wish it was possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines for each task, like a gantt chart or something. I feel like Asana has more options when it comes to all of that and it's easier to organize things.

Network Control Tech in US
Defense & Space

Using Basecamp has totally changed the way my organization is ran

5 3 years ago

Comments: Mostly it saved me tons of time. Everyone can easily see who is doing what without sending so many annoying emails and attending wasteful meetings.

Pros:

The three things I love most are the ease of use, how nice it looks, and how useful it is. Basecamp is super simple. It's easy to learn and it allows you to keep all the data you need in easy to navigate locations. There's no searching through folder after folder and file after file for the data you need and the status you want to update. No more needing a bookmark bar full of websites to rummage through. More direct or analytical people may not care (or think they care) about how nice the tools they're using look, but believe me... If you want to get your entire company on board with a NEW product you're going to want it to look good. For better or worse that goes a very long way toward getting people to want to use a product no matter how useful it is. Which brings me to my next point: it's useful! This software has honestly saved us SO much time because we now get to avoid so many status update meetings. I personally only had to attend one status meeting each week and build the slideshow for it, but that alone saved me personally three hours. The rest of our organization spends who knows how many going through those things and Basecamp has fiercely cut back on those. It's awesome.

Cons:

The only con I can really come up with is a people issue and not a software issue. No matter how simple, useful, and well designed a piece of software or website is, far too many people are just going to try and ignore it so they don't have to learn something new. Fortunately Basecamp is nice and easy enough that it wasn't a huge problem.

Devora gila B.
Team Coach in Israel
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees

Using Basecamp helps me feel "on top of it" and connected to the other team players in the company.

5 4 years ago

Comments: goal setting, organizing information, communication, connection, team spirit, support, training

Pros:

I have suggested Basecamp to others because of the organization, company spirit connection and communication it fosters. The main features we use on Basecamp are the Message Board, ping, Docs and Files. Message Board allows you to keep themes organized so everyone can be on the same page together and chime in with their opinions and questions, and even enthusiasm. You can upload files here which is super helpful. The applause feature adds to connection and community. The ping feature is awesome. It keeps a running list of the communication you've had with others. You can choose to ping one or more people. In ping you can also upload files. The automated subject line gives you faster response time than regular emails. With Docs and Files we can upload and store schedules, scripts, recordings, etc. You can sort by name or date created and everything is in front of you.

Cons:

Maybe it's just me, but the Docs and Files section can be confusing because everything is there and you do have to look around for what you want. You can use the "find" feature to get at things more quickly but you need to know the keywords. It really needs some management. Basecamp is so effective at bolstering company spirit that during our launches I get notifications all day long. You can turn off the notification feature, but I actually love hearing what other people say and it keeps me engaged. I guess I will have to prioritize how I use my time!

Gerente in Venezuela

It is a very collaborative tool, for organizes projects in a simple and effective way. Its effective

5 4 years ago

Comments: I have found many benefits when using and implementing this tool in our team: - Speed in my management and organization of projects - Efficiency in the coordination of processes - Security to use it in my mobile device - Real order in our work - Improvement of our routine in internal processes - Improvement in the performance of our equipment - Unification of all the professionals of the company in the same project - For a small company like ours, a great cost - quality ratio - Interaction with our customers - Simple to use even when someone is traveling They have implemented a very useful tool, which is the Daily Progress, very useful to review the events that have taken place in your projects over time Another benefit obtained thanks to the BaseCamp tool is that all our consultants have been able to use it, even people not very adept at the technology, they can use it very efficiently and simply BaseCamp We benefit from the TimeLine of the tool, because we can explain the progress of a project to our clients. The balance of failures and successes are other benefits The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system. What do we find in this tool? We benefit from online collaborative work. And it continues to evolve over time The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system We benefit from online collaborative work. We have the support that all conversations, requirements and shared files are stored on the platform. In this way we can always endorse the agreements, requests ,deliveries It has facilitated the monitoring of the work and the counting of hours of work of each professional, something very important for the internal management of the projects. In our experience, it has worked so well that it is already. So, Thanks fos that BaseCamp

Pros:

I really like the ease of use that this tool has. Practically no more experience or tutorials are needed to learn how to use it. The internal chat is a great advantage, very nice. It is also an excellent option that allows teamwork and solve management problems quickly

Cons:

The main disadvantage is that the client must understand the use very well, but generates prizes almost automatically. Especially for the client respect the threads of conversation. Another point against is that the platform only works online, so you can not advance in jobs when there is no connection

Syamir K.
Syamir K.
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Improve project management effectiveness

5 10 months ago

Comments: What i have realize with Basecamp is, we have improve the way my team communicate. We have ditch from using email or other messenger application, and mainly using Basecamp as our communication platform. It is effective because we can quickly pinpoint the subject of our discussion and attaching document to it.

Pros:

Tracking for a project progress by team members and keeping a quick communication contact with my colleague is easy to do with Basecamp. Its workflow method to managing many project that are running at the same time is flawless. Separating each team members roles and their responsibilities towards the project only need a single click.

Cons:

The feature tools name is quite funny, they use term 'campfire' to indicate messenger board where people gathering for discussion. There are some integration that are not well connected, my integration with google calendar is choppy and some of my calendar event is not properly exported to Basecamp calendar.

Kris M.
DBA in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Collaboration with Continuity

5 5 years ago

Comments: Our organization is a non-profit organization serving around 4,700 kids and their families yearly - special fundraising events are counted on to close the funding gap - in fact it's over 10% of our revenue generation. These events have always been labor intensive requiring extra staffing just to keep track of all the planning and details required to make it a success. When we adopted basecamp we were all extremely skeptical - and we planned on having four temps on hand for the final three days, to pickup merchandise, wrap, package and stage the items we would be auctioning off. About four days out we were completely done! We didn't even need the extra help. The ability to collaborate with so many persons despite significant geographical separation, while retaining continuity is just not easy. Not only can the hand not see the foot but it doesn't know how many feet it has to call on - BaseCamp changes everything - we couldn't have been more pleased! Assigning due dates which can be made visible to all - prompted action - people didn't want to seem to be behind schedule (everyone would know). The work got done early. The multiple assignee feature worked like a dispatcher and then next available person got the next available task. And all this was visible to everyone on the team - so if any conflicts arose, you could get on the phone early or what we did most of the time was open a group chat because many times someone on the chat would be local to the problem and able to help more quickly. Growing every year, we would not be able to go back. Works like a charm and I would personally recommend this to any organization for profit or not who wants to track an event to a successful conclusion. Remarkable!

Pros:

The visibility into everyone's business - it actually motivates participants to be timely (a huge factor in project collaboration) because everyone can see who is late.

Cons:

Lots of emails (which you can adjust I know) but if you want to have everything reported to you - there is no way to get around email notifications.

Heather S.
Heather S.
Creative Director in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

A great option for small-medium size businesses just starting to use a Project Management Tool

4 4 years ago

Pros:

I've implemented it at 3 different companies now. You can literally be up and running in 30 minutes. The learning curve is small so it was great for us to implement in a company with multiple locations and staff with different levels of technical abilities. It has helped us move out of communication silos and track project more efficiently. Leadership now has a clearer picture of what it really takes to accomplish something. It integrates with Google Docs which works much better than Word since you don't have to download the Google doc. They have very fast customer support and it's reasonably priced. It's web-based software so it's easy to access from anywhere you have an internet connection and they have a free app for mobile as well. It's funny, the people in our company that I thought would hate it the most and resist using it actually LOVE it the most!

Cons:

Version 3 has some added functionality but has lost some of the simplicity because of it. For example, you can now assign multiple people to a ToDo and so each person's headshot shows up next to the ToDo. It's just a little distracting. You're not able to track the STATUS of a To Do (On hold, In progress, etc.) and Time tracking is a 3rd party add-on. I wish that was something you could turn on/off if you needed it. There are many 3rd party add-ons though for various things. I submitted the status thing many times over the years as a feature request but unfortunately it hasn't happened.

Job E.
Job E.
Web Content Writer in Philippines

Basecamp is a great all-in-one tool for project and team management. It has everything I need.

5 3 years ago

Comments: It saves time and effort in managing a team. There is no need for separate apps for things like task tracking, scheduling, automatic reminders, and the like. Basecamp is an all-in-one project management tool.

Pros:

I liked that Basecamp had everything I might need from a project management software and more. It featured team chat, direct messages, forum-like posting and tracking of tasks, a calendar to set deadlines and schedules, a to-do list, you name it. Basecamp even features its own file server where I can attach and store your company's important files right on the app. No need for an external file hosting server, which would be an additional cost for the company. Having separate areas (or "basecamps" as the app calls it) for different projects makes management less confusing and more straightforward. I can even assign tasks directly to people and set deadlines for them. Team members can know exactly what I need them to do and when they needed to be done. The iOS, Android, and desktop/Mac apps all integrate seamlessly as well. All the user interfaces of all apps are quite user-friendly; I did not have to hunt around for buttons and links that I frequently used.

Cons:

There was nothing I disliked about Basecamp, to be quite honest. It was the best project management app I have ever used to date. Though I have no idea about its customer support, since I was not responsible for calling in any support issues. Also I have no idea if the pricing is good enough or too high. I was not the one who purchased this software for the team. Those may be possible things not to like, but I cannot say with certainty.

Tacho T.
Tacho T.
Driving instructor in Bulgaria
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Very good solution for task management and project management

5 last year

Comments: Basecamp allows me to have all my tasks and team communication in one place. Without the need to spend extra money for different tools .

Pros:

As a driving instructor I have a need to record all my student and classes. Basecamp give me the opportunity to follow up all active tasks and deadlines.

Cons:

It is a little bit tricky for students to work easy with the tool when day meet it for the first time.

Kristin P.
Senior Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, 51-200 Employees

The lifeblood of our team's project management

5 2 years ago

Comments: Basecamp is the home base for all of our projects. It's the easiest way to get feedback from relevant stakeholders all in one place. I can't imagine a world where as a graphic designer, I'm receiving email feedback from marketing, engineering, growth, etc and having to somehow act on all those tasks without a repository for it all. It also keeps us honest on deadlines.

Pros:

Basecamp is truly our home base for all things project management. Our project coordinator is the master of entering in all projects, sub-tasks and deadlines (an unenviable task) but it truly is the only way, as a senior designer, to keep a handle on a dozen or more ongoing simultaneous projects. We use it also to get approval on designs by just keeping a long thread going within a project and tagging relevant team leaders. Also love the Tracked plugin for kanban viewing.

Cons:

I think the notifications were a bit much. Most mornings I have to sift through several dozen email notices, some for very small things like title change adjustments that our project coordinator had done in the evening hours. The only notifications I really need are someone commenting within a project of mine and someone tagging me.

Jason V.
Jason V.
Owner in Canada

The best simple project management tool for the money.

5 4 months ago

Comments: We love basecamp for teams when you have a simple process to follow.

Pros:

It's super easy to use and set up. What you get out of the box works and doesn't require customization. You log in and are ready to go.

Cons:

There were some cases where we could have used some customization and the task lists are fairly simple. We made it work, but having nested tasks would have made things a bit easier.

Brandon S.
Brandon S.
Marketing Content Manager in US
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees

Not a Swiss Army Knife, But Offers Extreme Value

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've used Basecamp for more than 10 years and it has worked with me through three different positions in the three different industries. Their onboarding tools and support team offers a lot of immediate help when you need it. I'm definitely an evangelist for this platform.

Pros:

Basecamp 3 offers an intuitive platform and interface for project and operational collaboration across a wide distributed team. It's easy to onboard new team members both inside and outside the organization. The flat-rate price is a steal compared to all of its competitors.

Cons:

Basecamp does not try to be all things to all people, which is a blessing and a curse. There are dozens of other features offered by other platform that are not offered by Basecamp. So if those features are critical, you may have to turn to one of the API-driven integrations for a separate fee.

Ryan G.
Ryan G.
President in US

Can't Imagine Work Without It

5 last year

Comments: Been using Basecamp for years after trying several other different types of software for task management and collaboration. My business relies on Basecamp to stay the course and be efficient.

Pros:

Basecamp's user interface is easy on the eyes and simple to use on desktop and mobile. The ability to create individual projects with unique team members is real helpful, and the ability to assign work with due dates. Including people on communications is flexible for the company and the team. Ability to manage notification preferences lets you see what you need to see and not be distracted by unwanted noise.

Cons:

There is no one way to do things in Basecamp. You design to workflow and structure of projects and collaboration. This can be difficult for some people who rely on the system to determine how to organize things. With Basecamp, it's up to you.

Thomas S.
co-owner in US

We tried multiple other solutions and came back to Basecamp every time.

5 2 years ago

Comments: The beauty of Basecamp it that it doesn't try to do everything in a bloated interface.

Pros:

Basecamp is extremely easy to use for teams of all experience levels. It handles project and task management extremely well.

Cons:

The reason we moved away from Basecamp for a while was to try and find a software suite that could also include our weekly resource allocations (who's working on what project, billable targets, etc.). So while you could say that a lack of time tracking and resource reporting is a negative, it ends up being a positive because it keeps the software clean and purpose oriented. The integration with other purpose-built solutions like Harvest for time tracking is a dynamite combo.

Laura V.
Owner in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Expensive But Worth it For SOME

5 9 months ago

Comments: I use basecamp; I am happy with it, but I wouldn't turn my cheek at an alternative that cost less or even cost the same but did more.

Pros:

My favorite thing about Basecamp was the fact that it was an all-encompassing product for me. There is a chat function that is particularly helpful during COVID-19. So many questions or conversations don't need a phone call or a zoom call. Having it IN the program makes it easier to refer back to in the future. The task assigning feature helps people keep track of their responsibilities and minimizes the issues with miscommunication that can often come from the distance we are experiencing. I also really love the fact that I can have ALL of the documents in the program itself. Many of my documents need editing or need collaborators to have their input. We just have them download the file from basecamp and upload it with their initials at the end so we know the file and we know whose edits are in it. It doesn't have to get emailed out to everyone which means it never gets lost in spam and it doesn't get glanced over.

Cons:

Price is my biggest "issue" with basecamp. I wish that it cost less but you DO get a lot of space. 500GB is quite large but if you are a high volume business, it can fill up quickly. Especially if you keep all files from years past. It seems small but it's not visually pleasing to look at which isn't a big problem, but it's something to note if you are affected by that and plan on using the program a lot.