15 years helping British businesses

About authorize.net

We help make it easy to get paid. It's that simple. We've been helping businesses accept payments anytime, anywhere since 1996.

Learn more about authorize.net

Pros:

Cons:

There is no text to pay feature. Right now we can only email invoices.

authorize.net ratings

4.4

8.1/10

authorize.net has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 182 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used authorize.net before?

Nipon
Nipon
Executive Director in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

They are still providing the best card processing services for websites & online shops!

Comments: Great! I call them the universal card processor for almost every sort of business

Pros:

You might not hear a lot about them these days but actually they are the biggest network of merchant account provider processing card payments for almost every type of businesses since the beginning of e-commerce. They offer plan for high risk business sectors too and process cards in a lot of currencies. Plug-ins available for almost every platform out there and clear payments to bank daily.

Cons:

I found there interface little tricky and needed expert’s help to integrate with my e-commerce site.

Joseph
CTO in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

THE Standard in the industry of processing

5.0 last month New

Comments: It was easy to start and requires no maintenance to continue running.

Pros:

Authorize has been the easiest to use with no changes. They pass the test of time.

Cons:

No cons whatsoever. They are flawless in operation.

Josh
Josh
Managing Member in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Slow Payments, Convoluted Explanations for Account Use

Comments: Overall, Authorize.net has some benefits like customer trust and fraud prevention and if you are good at code, it might be great for you. Otherwise it seems a little outdated and complicated to set up and use beyond their automated features.

Pros:

I do like that Authorize.net is pretty widespread in its use, and that I feel I can implement it in a variety of mediums including SuiteDash CRM and Payments, my website, etc. It is rather versatile in that sense and allows for customization or more simplicity if needed.

Cons:

If you are doing anything beyond setting up Authorize.net with them directly and having them manage your processor, it is really difficult to figure out what to do and what you need. Customer service is great, but I prefer to just get things done on my own without multiple phone calls to set things up. Payments come slowly and it just overall feels really outdated for me.

Tammy
FOH Manager in Canada
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

This system is Ok

Pros:

That you can go in and search specifically by name on someone who has paid

Cons:

It was confusing once we were switching over companies. We cancelled and they are still charging us for it

Joe
Marketer in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

A Bit Dated, But Functional

Comments: Overall, positive experience. Had one day where the servers went down and were unable to take payment for a couple hours. Other than that, zero outages or complaints.

Pros:

We've had very little problems with fraudulent payment attempts. Security settings are quite customizable and ease of setup is good.

Cons:

The interface is a little outdated. Other processors like Square and Stripe feel more sleek and modern, more navigable.

Francesca
ICT Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

The Unshouting but Effective Payment Platform

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has been an awesome experience more so due to its accurate fraud prevention feature that never fails at detecting any fraudulent activity coupled with the electronic payments which are quite fast. Besides, it integrated very easily with our company system.

Pros:

It is very easy to implement and has a perfect reporting interface

Cons:

The only issue it the pricing which may not favor every user

Santhosh Kumar
Executive in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 201–500 Employees

Authorize.net is controling of financial transactions

Comments: as an accountant Iam a user of Authorized.net for the controlling and identify the error while doing the payments

Pros:

In Authorize.net I like mostly it is useful for merchants and vendors for controlling the payments of their customers. It is very secured software and we can control fraudulent transactions.

Cons:

Authorized.net need to implementation on cutomer id with recrring card details removing if it is impelmented it will helpfull to many vendors like us so we can easily identify the error while doing the transactions

Lori
ProJet manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great Platform

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is straightforward to navigate through and look up all the payments made. It is also effortless to refund or cancel a payment.

Cons:

I have not found anything I do not like.

Tanveer
Human Resource Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

authorize.net Works Efficiently Because It Is Reliable

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

For Efficient Payment Processing, authorize.net Is Highly Effective and Accurate to Use. It has a great customer support team.

Cons:

I like the efficiency of authorize.net. authorize.net has been brilliant.

Valentina
Finance Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

authorize.net Is a Powerful, Essential and Reliable Tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the effcetive features of authorize.net. authorize.net has been meeting our needs due to its reliability.

Cons:

authorize.net has powerful features. It has been so amazing to use authorize.net.

Candice
Senior Office Administrator in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

The most affordable payment processing option out there!

Pros:

The fees are a fraction of some competitors, but the software works seamlessly

Cons:

I can't think of anything I dislike. It really is awesome software.

Corinne
Development Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Adequate Payment Gateway

Comments: Overall, I think there is a reason nearly every organization I've worked with uses this payment gateway. It works well and is fairly intuitive.

Pros:

I've used Authorize.net as a payment gateway at multiple organizations. It is fairly easy to use and intuitive when it comes to basic functions like payment processing, refunds, looking up transactions. They have a live chat customer support feature which is really handy.

Cons:

The security features can be very confusing and the resources they have for explaining them are adequate but could be a little more clear. Sometimes the instructions on their FAQs dont seem to match what I actually see on my screen, so I've had to reach out to customer support for pretty basic stuff. Luckily their customer service is pretty good.

Brittany
Brittany
Director of Account Management in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and safe!

Pros:

It was very simple to set up and implement on our clients' sites. We also chose this as our payment portal because it is very safe for the customers' information.

Cons:

The only thing I did not like is when they updated their platform we had to make changes to the code ourselves which caused some hiccups on our end, other than that no issues.

Sports, 11–50 Employees

Authorize.net Review

Comments: Authorize.net helps us take and track payments. We have been using it for 8+ years with my company and haven't had many issues. We use it with several different POS systems and the support provided whenever there are issues is great. They have one of the most effective chat for help options I have ever used.

Pros:

Authorize.net makes it super easy to take payments through our ticketing system. If we weren't able to link these programs getting payments would take a lot more effort, but this provides ease for the front and back end.

Cons:

The software uses another third party processor that adds additional fees, but overall doesn't harm the effectiveness of the program.

Daniel
Business Development Manager in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Competent platform, but falling quickly out of date

Comments: We have had a successful number of years using authorize.net, and it has made a great alternative to other payment gateways that we've used. However in recent months we've been feeling the limitations of the platform, and so we're now looking at migrating.

Pros:

Authorize.net have a great range of features such as subscription, storing customer data, email notifications for payments made. This suite of features is essential for the day to day running of our business. Vastly improved customer support.

Cons:

Payments take a long time to clear. The UI of the authorize.net seems very dated and is clunky to use.

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

We've relied on Authorize.Net for over 10 years

Comments: We've used Authorize.Net with our website shopping cart for over 10 years. Along with that, we've used the virtual terminal for manually keying phone / mail orders. It is easier to use than PayPal Manager.

Pros:

Authorize.Net provides good, helpful API documentation. Its web-based virtual terminal is also easy to use.

Cons:

I would give their support a grade of B. Fortunately, it is rarely needed. A few years back, there were some rough patches where the service was down or unreliable for brief periods. We have not had reliability problems for the last few years.

Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

Straightforward payment processing!

Pros:

Authorize is really easy to use. Some payment processing platforms can be difficult and frustrating to use. When processing a payment using Authorize, you simply fill out the necessary information and you're done. If the transaction is declined, it will even tell you why, which is helpful when people want to know why their payment didn't go through.

Cons:

I like pretty much everything about the software... at least the functions that I use regularly and am familiar with.

Diane
National Sales & Project Managr in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Excellent customer service

Comments: Excellent. Whether I have a technical glitch or need an increase in a credit line, the customer service department has been great.

Pros:

Ease of use. With minimal training, you are able to process credit cards and checks, check on transactions, credit back charges and run reports.

Cons:

I don't have anything negative to say about the product. I've used it for 10+ years and any issues I've had have been immediately handled via a phone call to customer service.

Paul
Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Basic processor

Comments: We have used AuthorizeNet for over 20 years for our business. The product is solid and stable.

Pros:

The easy to navigate menus are very intuitive and simple. You can easily find what you need quickly plus it has a QuickBooks download feature.

Cons:

In the transaction statistics report there are no hyperlinks to expand the report data. This is a minor thing, you just need to go to the Reports, but it's a feature some other processors have.

Sharon
CEO in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Excellent for online bookings

Comments: A great tool that enables our business. We love it.

Pros:

I love how simple the tool is to process payments online. Our customers often express their distrust in online systems when booking with credit card systems they don't trust. Authorize.net enables us to install that trust in our business and also enables us to process all types of card payments, reducing our churn figures that come with physical bookings.

Cons:

Can be difficult to navigate, especially on mobile. We have also had some fraudulent transactions that the system did not notify us of.

Apparel & Fashion, 51–200 Employees

Apparel Website

Comments: Overall, Auth was reliable and accurate.

Pros:

High visibility into transactional activity. Reports were thorough and I relied on them for my monthly finance reports.

Cons:

Not sure if this still applies, but since it's a payment processor, you still need a second system to house all the bank data (like a Heartland, etc). This was important when dealing with chargebacks. Would be nice to have it all one system.

Heather
A/R Lead in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Authorize.Net

Comments: Great experience over all. It has run smoothly for us for years.

Pros:

Easy awesome way to have your payments run through your merchant account. We have ours integrated with a billing system and it run's smoothly with virtually zero problems.

Cons:

There is not a printable format for the eCheck monthly statement so that makes it cumbersome to enter the fees.

Rebecca
Admin Support in US
Fund-Raising, 10,000+ Employees

Wonderful Product

Comments: Very good experience and a very good product. Very rarely any issues whatsoever.

Pros:

Ease of use and the capabilities it has. Nice easy sign on, very ease and useful search options.

Cons:

I feel like the only issue I have is sometimes trying to look up a transaction by the cardholders last name causes confusion. Especially if they use a Jr. or a Sr. Other than that, no problems.

Brian
Brian
Director of Sales & Marketing in US

Used them for years. Fantastic!

Comments: Allows us to have solid ecommerce websites. Never fails us.

Pros:

It is rock solid and very easy to implement. Their support team is fantastic and available 24 hours a day. Used them for many years for every e-commerce website we own, which is 4.

Cons:

Honestly, do not know any. It is another great software company with a product that works as promised over and over again.

Margaret
controller in US
Executive Office, 11–50 Employees

There are better options

Comments: I dont like it as well as stripe, which we also use.

Pros:

Timely processing and payment deposits. I also like that i can run a transaction manually very easily. It is also very easy to process refunds.

Cons:

The challenge I always have with this software is that it is impossible to reconcile deposits to charges. There is not one good report that shows how fees are calculated.