Filter by:

• Overall

About UKG Pro

At UKG, our purpose is people. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Ashley R.
Ashley R.
HRIS Administrator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"What's not to love here?"

Comments: I've been using UltiPro for nearly 8 years now and the service is amazing. I love the people and the tenure is long at this company. I like working with the same folks sometimes as we develop a friendship. They are open to feedback and are responsive and I really like how they take their time to help you understand your request is being met.

Pros: I like the ease of use of the tool. It's user friendly and there's so much you can do in the software. UltiPro is always finding new ways of making their tool better and I love that part.

Cons: What do I like least about this is that there's not an assigned payroll specialist to a company.. Even if the option is to pay extra per year to have one. If we have a payroll person who needs help or they resign and we are left payroll person-less, it would be nice to have a designated person to assist... Only other thing I didn't like the most is that the Performance Management module isn't as customizable as I'd like... would love the option to make all items editable and the option to remove/hide certain drop downs, etc..

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020
Jeannette C.
HRIS Administrator
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2021

"AAA Human Resources Review of UKG Pro"

Comments: I am very happy with this product. We have added several additional UKG modules to the core system and they all work well together.

Pros: The SSO feature, all the modules and the core system work around single sign on. So no multiple signing in.

Cons: The benefit side of the system needs more work. We do not have Benefit Prime. We are using what was provided in the core system.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2021
Megan S.
HR Supervisor
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!"

Comments: We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros: There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve. The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips. It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons: We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
Human Resources Business Partner
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Love Ultipro- Only issue is reporting"

Pros: Ease of use, customer service, great company! I love everything about them! Staff really go above and beyond. Have great retention tools for ongoing customers. They continue to be open to customer feedback as well.

Cons: Reporting. BI functionality is great for advanced users or companies with a designated HRIS team but if you are a small business (under 500), it can be difficult to simply get what you want quickly. Wish they had easy reporting (like SuccessFactors or ADP) and then BI for advanced users.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Jeanne B.
HR Manager
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2019

"UltiPro is a great investment"

Comments: We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros: Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing.
Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved.
A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates.
Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms.
In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically.
And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons: This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2019
Jamie S.
Helpdesk Specialist
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"Best HR site I have personally used"

Comments: Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros: Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years.
Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works.
The site is speedy to navigate.
Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out.
Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site.
Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn.
Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past.
We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK.
Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch.
I can also view my paycheck stubs here.
It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location.
I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that.
I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons: Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

by Ultimate Software on 26/07/2018

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Recreation Coordinator
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"So much capability, so hard to navigate!"

Comments: Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Pros: Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Cons: The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All of the features are not used and yet you can still open up menus and pages that do not have relevant information; if thats the system, it needs to be fixed, if its the user/moderator of the business, they need to be encouraged to get rid of it from the systems administrator from Ultipro. Just not an easy and clean tool to use. The Time Clock tool as an employee is very difficult to use, too; multiple pages/clicks to get to basic information is overkill. Even then, it has a very mid-range power user feel to it... if you don't know what you're doing you may break it!

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Natalie N.
Sr HRMS Analyst
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2020

"Fantastic all-in-one software"

Comments: We have reduced paper and gained many efficiencies from reducing manual processes, overall.

Pros: User friendly, customer support, learning resources

Cons: The compensation module is clunky and so is the time management. We have work arounds but sometimes there is more work involved since they cannot be fully configured to what we need.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2020
Technician, Stagehand
Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2019

"Ultipro is great for your jobs health benefits and work related topics"

Comments: My experience with UltiPro has always been great for the 4 1/2 years I've been with PSAV (Presentation Services Audio Visual). The old way we used to ask off for days from work was writing it on paper and then submitting to your Director of Operations. Now you just log in to UltiPro and go to scheduling, and then click on time off request and submit. It is so much easier than how we had to do it 4 years ago before they introduced UltiPro to our intranet websites.

Pros: It is very easy to navigate when you're searching for some info on your health benefits, and looking for other higher up employees if you have issues you need to report such as conflicts with other employees. It list everyone above you without having to ask your manager for email addresses from say the person who handles HR issues.

Cons: Nothing I have always found it easy to navigate and if you can't figure something out say for instance logging into some of our companies intranet websites for training and other purposes it has a step by step solution for anything you can think of company related.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2019
Dominic M.
Program Manager Talent Marketing
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"UltiPro Review"

Comments: Great experience to this point. Excellent customer service and we receive quick responses to issues that are mentioned to the IT team. Very user friendly overall.

Pros: Primarily the functionality of integrating multiple aspects of business into one UI. Set up is easy once you get used to it. A few processes could be improved but overall a great experience.

Cons: I work a lot with the Recruiting Gateway portion of the software, so integrating a way to customize default job descriptions aside from meshing them with the job codes would be ideal. Perhaps inputting a drop down list when selecting "Create" on the users main dashboard that allows them to select from a list of uploaded JD's. However, working through other certain recruiting processes and updating information is quick and seamless.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Group Packages Sales Freelancer
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Basic and on point"

Comments: I've used it for a little bit under a year and I really like it. I can request time off from the app, check my punch times so I can clock in/out appropriately. There is even an org chart for your company.

Pros: While on the app, the functionality is a bit limited, but when accessed from a computer, there is a lot of details you can view and edit (if allowed by your company) regarding your profile, benefits, time off, etc. it is very complete, with work summary, details about employment and it connects with a learning platform so everyone can be up to date with the lates company policies. Payroll stubs are also viewable and you can be notified when they are ready to be viewed.

Cons: Maybe more features could be accessible for employees when using the app; it seems a little limited. At our workplace, sometimes the punches are not recorded on the employee station, causing problems with hours because it does not register them.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
Yendi C.
Yendi C.
HR Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Best payroll solution"

Comments: It help us speed the payroll process by 45% more fast.

Pros: Ultipro best trait is the ability to customize the settings or features in a way to mold it on how the business works.This is a very intuitive tool, that even our non tech people can manage and control their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The cloud provides a real-time information including reports and dashboards that has the ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. Very easy to use.

Cons: Very limited on the workflow process in web based. Some features are slower than other, not sure if its because the data is too much. This are small bumps compared to the benefits that this tool offers, so overall it doesn't have too many flaws.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Audit Senior
Accounting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"UltiPro Employee Benefit and Payroll Management Software"

Pros: We use UltiPro for our payroll and benefits administration. As an employee, I've​ found this software to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. The web-based portal provides step by step instructions for me to update my benefits and payroll deductions and also provides detailed guidance for annual benefit elections. I also really appreciate that I can go into my Ultipro account and manually update my direct deposit instructions if there's ever a time when I want to split part of my paycheck between multiple financial institutions. Within Ultipro I can select either a fixed dollar amount or even a percentage of my paycheck to be split between accounts.

Cons: As with any payroll software, there are some limitations. I have found that Ultipro does not process payroll information quite as quickly as I would like, specifically, they issue the end of year W-2 data much later than other payroll systems that I have used.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Kathy B.
HR Manager
Industrial Automation, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Easy to use, great customer support. Company is always looking at ways to improve and update."

Comments: Being able to put all of our employee information into one system is fantastic. We are able to run reports, input training as well as confidential paperwork. Paperless is so much easier than keeping track or loosing the info. The programmer's are always looking at ways to improve the system and add more features.

Pros: All of your HRIS info in one spot. Easy to locate and add documentation. Graphs, reports and so much more. In the process of implementing onboarding to make the experience easier for new hires.

Cons: Would like to use other features and programs. The cost is a little high. Have not been able to get upper management onboard yet. Will keep trying.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Krystal S.
Supervisor
Apparel & Fashion, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Overall great program - issues with loggin in"

Comments: Overall I would recommend this program to companies, just be aware of some of the technical issue it has.

Pros: I like that this program offers a central location to do all the HR aspects of hiring and taking care of employees as far as payroll, clocking in, and other HR related tasks or information employees might need access to.

Cons: The two downfalls of this program is employees having a hard time accessing the program from home if they needed to change tax information, personal information, or just check their time sheets and payroll. There has also been a glitch with a few employees not being able to log into their account all of a sudden an when the try to reset their password the program just refreshes the password reset page. It can be really frustraiting bevasie now we have to utilize out companies help desk to correct it which can take a few days.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Karya W.
Karya W.
Purchasing
Consumer Electronics, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2018

"Ulti-Pro"

Comments: Very easy to use. If I have questions, I forward them to our HR dept, who I'm assuming deals with UltiPro directly.

Pros: I like Ulti-Pro since it is our means of getting paid. It's very easy to use, and I'm able to make adjustments (if needed). I'm also able to submit vacation requests, time off requests, which is then sent electronically to my boss for approval. Very simple and works efficiently. We are now able to see the amount our paycheck will be ,in regards to the amount of hours we have worked.

Cons: I don't have any issues. It is very straightforward and easy to navigate through.

by Ultimate Software on 18/10/2018

Hi Karya, thanks for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our self-service features! We hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 27/09/2018
Lena T.
Lena T.
Product Data Management
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"User Friendly System and completely customizable. Used for payroll and displaying company info"

Pros: I like how it's customized to show my personal info and how long I been with a company. Great tool to use and has a wonderful time clock tool to punch in and out from your phone as well so you don't need to be in front of a computer

Cons: There is one thing I don't like and maybe can be updated anytime you have to edit the time it needs to have a note where you submit but I think it should allow the user to change the time and then just have payroll approve so it saves them time as well and reflects the adjusted time.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Michael C.
Michael C.
Customer Service Specialist L2
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"It's ok once you get used to it."

Pros: It does the job, and has all of the features that both employer and employee need for day-to-day tasks.

Cons: The interface isn't that good. The menu system can seem a but cluttered at first, so it helps to set your favorites so you won't have to go hunting for links. Navigation elements aren't well designed and placed in somewhat akward places... the options to add or save entries such as time off requests is on the opposite part of the screen as where you're actually entering the data.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Kourtney H.
Teacher
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Easy to use for scheduling and time sheets"

Comments: The benefits of UltiPro is that employees can pull up information without having to seek someone from Human Resources. I can print off paycheck and W2s myself.

Pros: That there is an app version. The ease of use through the website and app. Are outstanding. I pull up my app to check timesheets, paychecks, and w-2s.

Cons: Sometime UltiPro server is down. It’s rare but when it is it’s an inconvenience. With the amount of employees it is a pain to have to manually put in everyone’s hours.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Colleen E.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Easy to Use, Good Customer Support"

Pros: UltiPro is very easy to use and accessible from every web browser. It has many options to 'turn on' for administrators and employees find their view very easy to navigate. When I've needed to contact customer support, they have been help. There is a useful tool called the 'Learning Center' that answers many trouble shooting questions people have had in the past.

Cons: In the 'Recruitment Gateway' (ATS portion), it can be tedious to manually forward each candidate to the a hiring manager. It would be very helpful if there were an option to select multiple candidates to forward on to a hiring manager.
Additionally, the app version of UltiPro is very limited. We have not turned on this feature, as the customization options are (currently) extremely limited.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2018
Kelsey C.
Underwriter
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Great tool for keeping track of timecards"

Pros: 1) being able to see the exact time I punch in and out for the day and for lunch 2) being able to model my pay check prior to making any changes (changing 401k contribution %, updating withholdings, etc.) 3) being able to log in anywhere (if I have to use a sick day I can request it in the morning)

Cons: The accrual tab for PTO days is a little confusing to read. Would like to see it more aesthetically pleasing & easier to follow

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Groundskeeper
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2018

"Great employee management software"

Comments: It's great. Any time o need to view my pay stubs (or print them) check to see how many hours of time off I have or schedule time off it's quick and easy.

Pros: With this software employees can review all of their information that they could need. From job description, to benefits, to their pay history and current pay stubs.

Cons: It does take a while to get the hang of navigating through everything. But once you get the hang of it it's easy. Also having to log in, receive a verification text call or email from everyday to every 7 days gets annoying, but it's understanding given all of the personal information contained within.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2018
Blaine T.
Blaine T.
General manager
Restaurants
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"One stop shop for all of your help and payroll needs"

Pros: All training, hiring, payroll, and planning needs for your business in one place. Can be quickly learned for new managers.

Cons: Inventory has to be manually entered, but this is not uncommon for any software similar to this product.

by Ultimate Software on 23/04/2018

Hi Blaine, thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled you hear you are enjoying your experience with us. I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I have shared your insights with the team to help us improve. I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Sonya T.
HR Business Partner
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"Ultipro Review"

Comments: For the most part all has been good with the exception of some EDI feeds that still have not been set up properly. All though I feel like now we have a good support team looking into each issue, I wish they would have been pro-active about the issue since the beginning however I do have to mention that our team has had new members and that could have impacted the communication.

Pros: I like the ability to run various payroll and employee reports, also the customization to each report is very helpful. Sometimes building a report is a tedious job but once built it's a great tool.

Cons: As mentioned above sometimes you have to build a report based on certain needs and it can be tedious but once it's built they are amazing tools. You have great support from their team if any issues arise with any matter.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Jr. CRM Analyst
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Makes checking out your pay/pay history SO easy."

Pros: UltiPro is about the easiest HCM software's to use. I've been using it for over 3 years now and I truly enjoy how intuitive it is. We recently began using the UltiPro App (on my iPhone) and it's such an simple process to request time off and check pay history.

Cons: The company hierarchy functionality seems to be a bit lacking, but not bad at all. It's still one of my favorite features.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018