QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Showing 18,150 reviews

Jon M.
Managing Director
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2017

"'Enterprise' Appellation Undeserved"

Comments: The unfortunate fact is that a QB Company file can become corrupted at any time for numerous reasons, and once corrupted your primary option is to submit the file to the Intuit Data Recovery team, who inform you that their repair effort will take up to three (3) business days, during which time your business operations are effectively suspended. My advice is to consider carefully whether your business can recover from such a disruption before betting its future on QB as a business operations platform.

Pros: QuickBooks does a fine job with basic accounting functions, is relatively easy to use, and the report suite is more than adequate for small businesses.

Cons: QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing & Wholesale version simply does not work as advertised, as two examples among many will demonstrate. QB offers 'Advanced Pricing' functionality which enables the user to define and apply pricing rules across their client roster and inventory items list. These rules are intended to allow the QB user to apply a 60% across-the-board discount for clients Ajax and AAA, while clients Acme and Consolidated receive that same discount plus custom pricing on items X, Y, and Z. However, after the pricing rules have been applied and those clients are being billed, changing the invoice or ship date results in the deletion of the shipping cost line-item, and changes to the pricing of items on the invoice. Research with QB support revealed that Advanced Pricing suffers from a bug that was known to Intuit for at least 1 month prior to when I invoked the Advanced Pricing functionality, and a full month later Intuit has been unable to remedy the bug. After invoking the 'Advanced Inventory' feature-set, which automatically creates a drop-ship warehouse site, I learned that product being purchased from a supplier and shipped directly to our client was being removed by QB from the count of physical inventory resident on our premises. Intuit tech support rep's response was (paraphrased) "That doesn't seem right, but I don't know much about Advanced Inventory - you should call back tomorrow morning, as the day-shift staff have more tenure and are more knowledgeable".

• Reviewed on 12/04/2017
Alain jove R.
Freelancer
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2021

"Bookkeeping has never been easy with this"

Comments: Overall, QB is an awesome accounting tool especially for noobs like me who doesn't have any background on the matter. It does a great job of updating the reporting data and a scheduled cutoff time to allow you to know that some data won't still be present and are still in the works. Payroll, sales, and the likes are just made simple because of this.

Pros: This relatively easy to use app is outstanding. With its simple interface with a lot of features for the average and the advanced user makes importing and exporting a breeze. Although it has selected platforms to integrate to, it still works well and does a great job with automating business and even my personal finances. I like the way reporting templates for weekly, monthly, are there for ease of use, which can be customized further to suit my needs. It's easy and convenient because it avoid the human error of calculations with old method of pen and paper, and even the improved ones of using spreadsheets and its counterpart apps. It is even better with optional plugins to make accounting a walk in the park, that's for a small additional fee of course.

Cons: This is a bit pricy compared to other apps out there that have more or less the same functionality. It would be helpful if the excel/csv import can be better as sometimes the alignments and other elements have minor issues. And this is the same with switching from one mode to another which can sometimes have issues with the entries. And lastly, it would be nice to improve the quality that the customer service provides because it is not really great. I'm sorry to say but it's not so customer service oriented that the Quality Assurance department should work hard in weeding out those bad apples.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2021
Andy M.
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2021

"My Accountant Recommended This!"

Comments: Overall I was happy with QB - I can access my accounts from my mobile and see what's happening in my company. As I said before, using software which is recommended by various Accountants speaks for itself!

Pros: Just like any other kind of cloud application, the more you use Quickbooks, the more you enjoy using it and discovering more features. The fact that you can generate sales graphs simply is a great feature for generating reports for investors is a superb feature. Most importantly, this was recommended by my Accountant who could quickly export all of the data into their own system. This saved me a lot of money in the long run.

Cons: Maybe too many menus to choose from which I would like to have the option of hiding. Since there are a lot of features and add-ons, some do not apply to me. So, more space please!

• Reviewed on 05/02/2021
Van B.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2021

"Gets the job done"

Comments: Overall, it's good. Based on the reporting and payroll functionality, I would recommend it to my colleagues, but I would also recommend they check out other options. There is lots of software out there, and I think the QB app is pretty weak, and it's likely you could find something that may be better. I also would strongly recommend studying the basics of accounting before you starting your account.

Pros: The reporting function, and the ability to integrate payroll (especially full service) is what makes this product for me. Full service payroll will file my tax forms, auto mail out W2s, and make 1099s fairly easy. I do have a state specific tax that my full service doesn't cover, requiring me to manually print and mail with a check, which can be a bit of a pain.. but it does make me appreciate how much time the other payroll automation has saved me. If you structure your system right, the reporting function is very powerful. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have the foresight going into the software on how to appropriately structure things, so I'd recommend planning out your books with an accountant before hand.

Cons: The customer service is terrible. I usually get forwarded from person to person because I'm in the "wrong department," but I know it's because the person just doesn't know the answer. I do have an accounting degree, so I expect to be more knowledgeable about certain aspects of the system when I call in, but, usually my phone calls are to resolve a software bug or issue.
I also think they made a big mistake when they changed their pricing structure by limiting departments/classes to 40 per user. The number is too low, and I previously had unlimited departments/classes, to which Quickbooks made me reduce my total amount when they transitioned to the new pricing structure, with threat of suspension none-the-less. I think that's a pretty terrible thing to do to a long time customer, who had been using the software for 5 years before these limits went into place.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2021
Shane K.
Administrative Manager
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"QuickBooks Online Review - Power User Perspective"

Comments: Overall QB Online has been a positive experience, but there are a lot of things I wish I knew before diving in. Payroll has been the source of many issues, and there are certain features that could be easily added that haven't been. Online has streamlined some of our processes a bit though compared to Desktop, and the price is appealing compared to Desktop + cloud hosting.

Pros: QBO is fairly easy to get set up and going. We had a rocky start because we had to import a lot of data from QuickBooks Desktop, and that imported failed the first try. After the second attempt we were in much better shape. We did some cleanup and were good to go in a week. There are still some artifacts that have carried over from Desktop that QBO has no way to clean up, but they aren't intrusive on everyday work. We also love that everything is in the cloud and accessible by up to 5 accounts.

Cons: Once again, the import to Online from Desktop was not the greatest. If you cam, avoid this import and start fresh in QBO. There are also some significant features missing from QBO that can be found in the Desktop version of the software. QBO Payroll also appears to be much more restrictive than Desktop Payroll, and support is not great in this area.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2021
Theresa A.
Financial Business Manager
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2021

"Quickbooks online review"

Comments: It had been a number of years since I had used Quickbooks, until recently. I'm happy to say the program is as user friendly as I recalled. We have since transitioned to online version for more robust project costing. The transition was seamless and did not require any particular IT training, which was appreciated. The online version is easy to use, but has lots of room to improve upon its current functionality.

Pros: Very intuitive, functional program. You do not need to be an accountant to use this program. We recently upgrade to the online version from the desktop version to track project costs more accurately. I am happy to see the many improvements and advancements. The project cost tracking is simple, and graphic visuals translate current status very nicely. The dashboards are wonderful for management team, at a glance they can make a quick assessment of financial well being. Making corrections within this program has to be one fo the quickest and easiest in all my experience.

Cons: The project portion could be more robust. I would like to see more detail available on project set up. Project custom reporting could use some improvement, as what is currently available while useful, not creative or customizable. The tax reporting features are wonderful, easy to use but do not allow for issuing any necessary remittances with ease. Something I saw frequently mentioned in help communities for some time now, but there has been no improvement made here. Hopefully something that can be expected in the near future.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2021
Samuel A.
Banking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Excellent Accounting Solution Application"

Comments: The arranging module is brilliant as it grants me to screen my pay and expenses as indicated by the monetary arrangement and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's display. - I revered the flexibility of the item concerning getting together with programming from various dealers. - The assessing is astonishing especially for little and approaching associations. - Very easy to learn and put it being utilized, no issues as of recently. No mishaps, bugs, or hanging.
Assessing was satisfactory and was pas per our monetary arrangement. - The size of the affiliation was in like manner a matter of thought.

Pros: QuickBooks handles basically all the accounting issues in my affiliation eg; Budgeting, charges portion, uncovering, charge status, etc
QuickBooks makes a fine appearing with major accounting limits, is by and large easy to use, and the report suite is beyond anyone's expectations for privately owned businesses.

Cons: The item doesn't have the current business design features like barcoding and part following. - Limitation on the amount of customers is moreover one of the perspectives I disdained. - I wished there was the ability to create various reports isolated from the current one which is accounting based in a manner of speaking. - As much as it is valuable for private endeavor as our own, it ends up being hard to use when the business creates and end up being enormous.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Abigail K.
Founder/Executive Director
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Great software, but has limitations"

Comments: I really appreciate the overall functionality of Quickbooks products and the ease of use as someone who didn't have a strong financial background before starting my own business. There are some clear limitations in their data migration and their customer service that have made me consider other options before, but overall, when I am not in the data migration phase or needing customer support, then the product itself meets my needs well.

Pros: Quickbooks is really user friendly for the small business owner once it's up and running. It does a great job of integrating the core financial functions that all small businesses have, and really helps to streamline tax liabilities into an understandable and manageable format. The reporting features are simple and easy to use. I love that it has apps that integrate into it that can better cover the areas that Quickbooks doesn't rally cover, such as benchmarking.

Cons: There are a whole host of Quickbooks products that are good individually and that we either use currently or have used in the past (QB payroll , Full Service Intuit Payroll, Quickbooks Online, Quickbooks Self-Employed). One would think that by all being Quickbook products, that they would integrate well with one another and that data could be easily transferred from one product to another...definitely NOT the case. I've spent countless excruciating weeks trying to get my data transferred from QB desktop to QB online, and for another business from QB online to QB Desktop. Quickbooks Payroll and Intuit Payroll don't transfer over easily either. There is no way to migrate data between Self-Employed and the next level of QB. It's a bit mind-numbing. On some of the products, they promise support in migrating data, but in our experiences over the years, support is rarely able to actually fix the problems and will often tell you they will call you back after being on the phone for long periods of time, but then won't tell you when they'll call and if you miss the call, they will mark your case as resolved. Despite their clear and present flaws, I continue to use them, as the products themselves serve the needs of small businesses well - but I dread any time that I need to make a change in a Quickbooks product, as it's always significantly more difficult that it should be.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Cristina B.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2020

"A MUST for your business"

Comments: I initially purchased software to easily take care of my own books, pay contractors and taxes. Im not an accountant and could not afford the overhead of acquiring one. QuickBooks which was referred by my bank was able to get me organized and paying contractors/employees and taxes in a way that made me feel like I was an accountant.

Pros: Easy to used, price for product is extremely reasonable, and peace of mind for my business. I was easily able to streamline my business information from bank account which helped because I don't have the time for the data entry that other software programs required. Customer service is amazing, they genuinely sound happy to help and have always been able to satisfy any issue with speed and efficiency.

Cons: Limitations on number of users and I would like more professional looking invoices.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2020
Julie L.
Director of Finance & Operations
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2020

"Easy but Incomplete, Still Usually the Best Option"

Comments: QuickBooks is really all there is in a lot of ways, with so much of the market share, they don't have to be REALLY good, just work. It's too bad because it's overall a solid product as long as you choose the traditional PC version that requires either one user or a server. I have been using QuickBooks for 20+ years and while I have also had the pleasure of other software, this is the one I am always most comfortable in. That said, it'd do from a big upgrade of it's online and Mac version.

Pros: QuickBooks desktop for PC is the simplest option for most businesses, it has all the features that you need for small- medium sized businesses and for the most part, it's a great option. It is easy to change things when you make mistakes (see cons) and it has robust reporting for an inexpensive program. The system is so widely used, most folks know how to operate it and it's incredibly easy to train if not. It's an accounting system but really only for those who need ease over data integrity.

Cons: Oh QuickBooks, your online version is terrible, your Mac version is also sub-par and your customer service really leaves so much to be desired. Never ever use Intuit payroll. When the file size gets too big, without any warning, things get wonky, numbers will flash up and then change while doing the bank rec, your 'Search' function sucks but ironically, 'Find' works great. You let me change my transactions by warning me it's not a good idea but hey, I'm a rebel. The lack of system integrity (ability to change and/or delete closed transactions) is a real auditor's bane. Still, you're the best value so we keep you around and you work most of the time for what we need.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2020
Ricky T.
Manager, Operations and Finance
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!"

Comments: Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Pros: Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Cons: One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Andrew M.
Accountant
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Quickbooks is still the best for small business, despite its shortcomings"

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks is great for small business, particularly those that have all employees on-site. If you have employees off-site or want a third-party (accountant, for example) to have access, you may want to plan ahead of time and determine if Quickbooks is a great fit. There are third-party apps (QBOX) that can help off-site employees access it, but there are limitations. Otherwise, you need IT to help you set up servers or pay higher prices to Intuit for their customized solutions. That issue aside, Quickbooks is a great product after you get past the learning curve.

Pros: Quickbooks is universally known, compatible with many banks and third-party apps, and can be quite helpful for small businesses. You can customize reports, memorize transactions, and make use of many other time-saving features. Once you get comfortable, you can very quickly manage your accounting and see where your business stands. Also, since it is so popular, there are numerous websites that share helpful tips and tricks.

Cons: There is a steep learning curve for most users. You will not feel comfortable with it for the first few months. Since it is so popular, however, you can search for nearly any task and find several websites that explain how to perform a task. As a CPA, sometimes I just wanted to see the transaction behind the curtain and it can be difficult to see that. Also, remote access for an external accountant or off-site employees is cumbersome and can require paid assistance.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Theresa H.
Operations
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"Accounting software for beginners to experts"

Comments: We're a small-medium sized business, and Quickbooks is the best option for us to do our own accounting. Once a year, we'll send the file (it even has "send an accountant's copy" options) to our professional accountants to look over.

Pros: Quickbooks is honestly the easiest, most straight-forward accounting software I've encountered. And if there's something you can't find, they have an awesome how to section online, where you can find professional advice or even advice from other users! Their home screen has little arrows pointing you in the right direction (like Sales Order -goes to-> Invoices -goes to-> Receive Payments). Makes it easy for even computer illiterates to use! It follows a very easy structure, so if you have any common sense but no accounting background, you can still figure out what to do!

Cons: Quickbooks sometimes has little glitches or shuts down when you're trying to do something. It's not that big a deal, doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's usually when you have someone on the phone waiting for you, and you're trying to get QB working again.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Tom H.
Member
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Best option we've found"

Comments: Overall, it's the best solution for bookkeeping that we've found. It does what it's supposed to do most of the time. It's frustrating when it doesn't. It's pretty customized and we like that. It works as well as anything else we've seen for invoicing, if not better, which is a major factor for us.

Pros: QuickBooks gets points with me for being basically THE standard for bookkeeping software. You can bring it to any bookkeeper or accountant and expect them to know exactly how to handle it. That's worth a lot when dealing with people who typically charge more than $60/hour for their time. I use the online version (QBO) and I also like that I can open my books on any device anywhere. Moreover, while I've used a handful of different bookkeeping softwares, QuickBooks is the most intuitive (for me).

Cons: QBO has some problems that are causing issues with my books. I've been to 2 different accountants with my problem and neither has been immediately able to tell me what's wrong, but it's most likely something to do with duplicate entries. My books should be relatively straightforward, but I experience discrepancies of anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars, and it fluctuates frequently. This is very distressing and may end up costing me a lot of money to sort out.

by Intuit on 13/11/2019

Hey there, Tom. Thanks so much for your detailed review. We're happy to hear you've been able to do so much with your QuickBooks account. You can continue to rely on us for all of your accounting needs! To locate and resolve any discrepancies in your account, we recommend checking out this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/undo-reconciliation/learn-the-reconcile-workflow-in-quickbooks/00/186429

Wishing you continued success!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Evan B.
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Easy accounting software"

Pros: It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Cons: They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

by Intuit on 13/08/2019

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones.

It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
VP Finance
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"QuickBooks is my 1st choice for small and medium company!"

Comments: I used QuickBooks a lot. In my current company, we use QuickBook for all consolidated entities in US and internationally. Experience is very positive. Our international locations are able to input monthly data into QuickBooks, timely for consolidation. Our US locations use QuickBooks with a lot of functionality. Reporting is very simple and logical for accountant. It is very easy to generate income statement and balance sheet, double click on any number and export details in Excel right away.

Pros: QuickBooks is very widely used and is extremely simple. It just follows accounting login without extra thinking and it is very convenient. You can extract basically anything into Excel in a few seconds. You can double click on any number in balance sheet or PL report and get full details of accounts and then, entries. As for small and medium businesses, it is definitely my 1st choice. Everyone knows QuickBooks. Accountants are hard to find. So, if you use QuickBooks, it is much easier to do recruitment as there are a lot of accountants who know QuickBooks pretty well. So, you can focus on other skills in your recruitment. This makes recruitment for accounting team less challenging. Moreover, QuickBooks is so simple and there is a lot of training provided. I also like QuickBooks customer support - responsive and simple way to address problems. I work for global company with US headquarters and multiple international locations. We use QuickBooks for all entities. I love consolidation function in QuickBooks when it access multiple QuickBooks entities (you just need to input password for each QuickBook company) and quickly generates income statement and balance sheet reports with each consolidated company next to each other. This makes consolidation easy and quick. Overall, QuickBooks is a great ERP!

Cons: When your business grows, it eventually outgrow QuickBooks and you need to implement new ERP, such as Oracle or SAP. I can't think of any other issues. QuickBooks is really a good ERP to start with. Also, many companies might not grow to that large corporations which need larger ERP. Also, QuickBooks does not have audit trial (necessary for public companies), but you can incorporate month-end closing password preventing people from modifying prior period records, after month is closed.

by Intuit Canada on 07/03/2019

Reviews like yours are why we do this as it's wonderful to read your comments about how QuickBooks has been easy for you to use and implements in your businesses, while still providing you detailed and logical insights from reports.

In regards to your cons, QuickBooks actually has a built-in audit trail report called the "Audit Log". If you'd like to see more about this report, please see the following article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/The-Audit-Log-What-it-is-how-to-use-it/m-p/186180

I hope this helps to clarify the Audit Log report. Thank you again for the lovely review and for being a long-time user of the program.

All the best,

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Morgan T.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2019

"Easy to use for a small business owner"

Comments: I use Quickbooks to manage my small S Corp business. It has saved me a lot of headache by simplifying my bookkeeping and making it possible for me to do a lot of it myself without having to hire an expensive professional.

Pros: Many years ago and before Quickbooks was around I had to take an accounting class so I could learn the old school way of balancing the books for my one woman small business at the time. Thank goodness those days are over! Quickbooks has made it so that you don't need to know a thing about the technical side of accounting to be able to keep accurate accounts for your small business. I did hire a bookeeper to setup my accounts which is highly recommended but beyond that once I learned to use the software (which has been very easy and user friendly) I have been able to take over my record keeping on my own. Another thing that I think makes QB great is that many bookkeepers know how to use it so if I do eventually hire someone to help with my books I won't have to worry about them not knowing how to use it. I also really love in the online version how all my bank transactions automatically populate into the account--oh this is such a headache relief! I really hated doing that manually when I had the desktop version. This definitely saves time and hassle!

Cons: I used to use Quickbooks desktop edition and then about a year ago I switched to the online version. One thing I did not like about the desktop version was that after my version had been updated by a new one I was not longer able to send invoices via email. This pretty much forced me to upgrade to the new version even though I was quite happy using the version I was already using. Also I found the transition to the online version to be a little bit disorienting. The look and feel of the online version is not quite the same as what I was used to in desktop and I have had a bit more difficulty finding my way around. I was also very disappointed to learn that my online QB data does not automatically transfer into TurboTax--an issue that I did not have with the desktop version where it automatically uploaded into TurboTax. While it's not a huge hassle to manually enter the info, it is still extra work that would rather not have to do.

by Intuit on 09/02/2019

Thanks a ton for your insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks, Morgan. It was delightful to read about how QuickBooks has empowered you and provided the toolset you needed to remain independent in managing your business. It's great that you were able to take to the program so easily, even without a strong accounting background.

In regards to your comments on the differences between Desktop and Online, I have submitted a feedback report to our Product Development team to be reviewed and considered for future updates.

In the meantime, should you need help with something or want to learn a new feature, I encourage you to check out our Community website. You can start exploring what available by following this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

Wishing you continued success going forward, thank you again for reviewing QuickBooks Morgan!

• Reviewed on 07/02/2019
Freelance Writer
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2019

"A tiny bookstore's dream come true!"

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks was a dream. I came into it with absolutely no accounting experience and learned to use it within days. If I can figure it out, anybody can, and boy am I glad I did!

Pros: My company, a small college bookstore, used to have so much trouble keeping tabs on the books. We were a small operation (only two full-time employees and a handful of part-time employees), and our output was too small to justify a lot of the big beefy software applications. Enter Quickbooks. Finally, we could track sales and generate invoices for our customers with ease! When a customer called with a question about their account, getting data was simple, and it really streamlined our sales process.

Cons: Sometimes, we had trouble with the print formatting. It wasn't particularly adjustable, and every now and again part of an invoice would get cut off, or put into two pages for what felt like unnecessary reasons.

by Intuit on 30/01/2019

Hey there. Please know how happy we are to be backing your bookstore. I'm thrilled to be reading about how QuickBooks is helping you keep track of your sales and customer accounts. The fact that you were able to jump right in, even without much accounting knowledge is a testament to the hard work of our Product Development team.

As for the issues with printing, should they arise again, I encourage you to check out this article that covers troubleshooting printer issues on the Windows operating system: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-to-troubleshoot-printer-problems-in-Windows/m-p/186105

I also recommend you check out our online resource hub. There you will have access to a bounty of self-help articles and can engage with other users just like you about the software. The following link will take you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

Thank you for the awesome review!

• Reviewed on 26/01/2019
Brandon C.
Manger
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Works great for me and my company!"

Comments: This software makes tracking my income and my expensive a breeze. I don't like doing accounting work, I feel like it takes away from my business but this software really helps minimize the time I spend doing it! I also love the fact I can use this software to accept online payments and only get a fee of 50 cents per transaction and it doesn't even take any percentage of the invoice! And finally it really makes doing payroll for my employees way easier! Thanks quickbooks for being there for me when I need you to be!

Pros: User friendly and very ease to use and navigate. It's especially great for beginner that don't got much accounting experience! Integrates with popular programs like PayPal,Square, Shopify, and thousands of others very well! It also has a cost effective so this is great for small business who need this type of program but don't want to spend tons of money!

Cons: Online version of quickbooks can lead to security risks considering they could get hacked at anytime! Has very man limitations and doesn't really offer all the benefits that other more premium and expensive account software offers! Also you may experience tons of instability and file crashes!

by Intuit on 21/11/2018

Hi Brandon. First things first, your security is a top priority. I want you to be aware of this, so rest assured there's a wide variety of safety precautions in place. This Community database article discusses these in full: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Is-my-QuickBooks-Online-data-secure/m-p/186166.

Additionally, please know any instability in the Online version has an easy fix. Because your data is safeguarded in the cloud, you also don't have to worry about file crashes/losing info. You can clear up any performance issues by clearing your browser cache. Another example of what the Community has to offer outlines the steps for doing so: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/td-p/186420.

As for the feature set, I'll gladly discuss what cost-efficient options there are for getting the functionality you need ([email protected]). Email anytime.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Javier victor marian B.
Network Security Auditor
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"And standard software for accountant in the US"

Comments: Like I said, its the choice by default on software for financial at your company in the US. Great and easy to maintain with a simple but perfectly working backup option.

Pros: QuickBooks went to be a simple software to be the most powerful and almost "by default" software for accountant in the US. Anything you need you have it in there, or they have a module for it. What I love MOST of them is that despite that they added a lot of functions, they keep the data files simple. The backup process its easy, and restore too. I have some customers with problems on their server and was like Reinstall windows/ quickbooks/ restore. And it started with all the info like nothing happen. You can even install QB and just paste files from the older folder and will work. I love that.

Cons: I had some problems with the online version, and customer care take a while to resolve them. When an accountant give you access to his/her quickbook online, you enter info but if you change accountant the info its difficult to delete.

by Intuit on 15/11/2018

I'm delighted the powerful tools in QuickBooks have helped Infobyte Security Research, Javier. It's affirming to read the software has left a lovely impression on you, and that fixes for Desktop issues have been so easy to achieve. With this in mind, I'll ensure any problems with the Online service are corrected just as simply.

The info in this Community database article discusses adding/removing accountant access: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Account-management/Add-or-remove-an-accountant-user-in-QuickBooks-Online/td-p/186006. Regardless, you deserve customer care that provides quick resolutions. As an alternative to calling in, I invite you to find the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). They can handle the technical stuff while you focus on maintaining other aspects of your business. Additionally, these reps can lend a hand with both versions of QuickBooks, as can the Community linked above.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"QuickBooks User"

Comments: Accounting, tracking expenses, handling taxes, doing payroll, creating invoices and tracking both customers and vendors.

Pros: I've been a QB user for almost two decades. What I like about this software is that it's easy to learn and use, especially if you don't really have an accounting or bookkeeping background. Their support has always been excellent and very helpful when needed. While there are cheaper accounting software programs, QB has been around a very long time, has superior customer service, and caters to users who may not have much accounting experience as well as those who do. It's also easy to get started if you're new to the software. They also have other options to help small business owners, such as payroll. I've used their payroll service (both basic and advanced) and I have found it to be very useful, affordable, and easy to use.

Cons: I'm a Mac user and the QB software isn't as great on a Mac as it is on a PC.

by Intuit Canada on 22/10/2018

Thanks for your loyalty to QuickBooks these past two decades, as we're proud to have been by your side all this time. Your comments were a pleasure to come across, as we strive to provide the payroll tools and support you deserve. Because we also work hard to ensure our software is accessible to users of all backgrounds, we've created self-help spaces like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) in case you ever have workflow or accounting questions.

As for the differences you've noticed on a Mac, rest assured I'm here to ensure your software is working just as well on all operating systems. At your earliest convenience, feel more than welcome to send me a message directly at [email protected] That's my inbox, and I have the knowledge and tools to get you squared away.

Talk soon!

• Reviewed on 18/10/2018
Senior Tax Accountant
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2018

"The Software that any accountant could not live without"

Pros: QuickBook is the one of the top accounting software. It greatly deals in assisting with fixed asset
management, billing and invoicing of income, payroll management, bank reconciliation and others. As
an accountant, I have used this software since I can remember. Not only that it is capable of more than
enough tasks than any other software I have personally tried, but is very user-friendly as well. The
monthly starting price was easy to keep up with and not financially draining at all when I used it before I
started working at an institution. The current institution and team I am in highly suggested QuickBook.
The availability of tech support 24/7 is a plus for our trainees. QuickBook can also be great for any
starting businesses; it tracks invoices, payments, expenses, amongst others.

Cons: A limitation with the number of characters in names, titles, or products is one of the problems I have
faced upon using this software. Being unable to name two projects similarly is also a difficulty at times,
since most clients and products have same names. Although these cons may seem fairly important, it is acceptable. The pros, and the usage of this software is far more superior than its cons.

by Intuit on 24/08/2018

Thanks for taking the time out to leave this review. I'm delighted to know we're doing our part to keep you on your business on track, as we're proud to be backing you.

As you mentioned, you're a seasoned QuickBooks user, and I appreciate your loyalty to us. It'd be my pleasure to pass your expert feedback along to the Engineering Team, as they use your suggestions as inspiration. Increasing the characters and providing more flexibility in naming projects are brilliant ideas, so I'll forward your comments to the developers directly.

Before you go, I encourage you to bookmark our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). We use this space to post about new and coming product enhancements. Many of them got their start in the feedback channel because when you speak, we listen.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2018
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"Rescued us from spreadsheet accounting, automated subscription invoicing, improved revenue."

Comments: QB Online automated subscription invoicing for us, and we discovered unbilled charges and thereby improved our revenue, while allowing staff to work on accounts simultaneously and remotely. That also means our sales team can generate an invoice quickly while the lead is still hot, and get the instalment invoice to the client to lock their place in our queue. We save more time by connecting to other apps and by using the mobile version of the apps on the go.

Pros: QB Online has a lot of bang for buck - it's constantly being improved and we've found it competes very well for functionality with some of the more celebrated accounting software names, at a much better cost, with graduated pricing depending on what you need. It's becoming more and more integrated with other software (with connect to it with ActiveCollab for project management to import tracked time as invoices) and right from the start the bank transaction feed integration has been a life saver. It was buggy very early on but has been excellent for years. Recurring invoices (subscriptions) are excellent when combined with delayed charges that can be collated into one invoice at the end of the month, for example. Flexible invoice templates and options for mini-statements etc have allowed us to keep our accounting workflow as simple as we prefer, while guiding clients to pay early without needing to be chased (too much...).

Cons: The iOS apps lack management of features that we need to use regularly, specifically delayed charges and recurring charges. Logging in and out of the mobile app is a pain, as is the web app, actually, because it has a configurable logout time but the maximum is three hours and I would use it a few times a day - often just after the three hour mark! Customer support is actually very responsive, although earlier on we bumped into a lot of 'that is as much as I can help you with' and some frustratingly low English skills, it's vastly improved and in the last six to twelve months, support has been quite good.

by Intuit on 14/02/2018

Thank you for sticking with QuickBooks Online through its continuous growth and improvement! It's great to hear that not only has QuickBooks saved your business time and money, it has helped your sales team's productivity. We appreciate your detailed feedback as well and it has been sent to our feedback team. Thanks for the thoughtful review!

Aaron, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Michael M.
Owner/Piano Tuner-Technician
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"Feel Trapped With No Options"

Comments: I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc.
When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income I have taken in minus the non-taxable income. My old desktop version showed this all on one page. In QuickBooks online it is like pulling teeth to obtain that information, I usually have to call support and sometimes they can do it sometimes not.
I just bought an obsolete Dell laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed on it, my plan is to install a desktop version of QB software on it and it will be safe to use until 2020 when Windows 7 Pro support ends. Then I may disable the wifi connection and just use it for the QB!

Pros: When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Cons: When I need to go to a customer whose name begins with R I can't just scroll to the R's! I have to page through, scrolling to the bottom of each page to get to the right area or go to the last page and page backwards. Why do they not put a next page icon on the TOP of each page also? The point of using software online is to save time and money, my time is worth money! Recently there were updates that didn't work correctly and left me with no icon on my desktop. I didn't want to call support because it always takes an hour or more. I tried the help forum and got 2 answers neither of which worked. Finally, there was a 3rd update and I got it straightened out.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Amanda L.
Meeting and Event Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2017

"Amazing ease of use and over 500 integrations"

Pros: Excellent user interface and navigation. Flexible contact records and transaction forms. Customizable report templates. Comprehensive payroll support. Hundreds of add-ons

Cons: Poor Navigation. My biggest issue with the software is that it is incredibly difficult to navigate. Nothing is where I expect it to be. QuickBooks Online lumps feature together under umbrella words like Sales or Banking. I would so much rather have a straightforward menu that has designated tabs for Invoices, Estimates, Contacts, Time, etc. Certain key features, like Time and Estimates, don't even appear in any of the submenus, let alone the main menu. You have to access them through the quick-create section, which is incredibly ineffective. Additionally, the settings menu is more difficult to use than ever as the software exits you out of each section as you complete it, forcing you to go back into settings all over again to make any additional changes.
Limited Time Tracking- The time tracking feature in QuickBooks Online has never been ideal, but now the feature is even more limited. I hope that the company will improve this feature in the near future.
Major Software Glitch- I experienced a major glitch with my account where I was unable to use the sales tax module completely. I was in contact with customer support for over three weeks before the issue was resolved. Despite numerous promises to update me on my service case, I was only contacted about the issue once and was not updated about the Intuit engineers progress on my issue a single time. I had to call in several times a week to check on the issue

• Reviewed on 10/10/2017