15 years helping British businesses

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

4.5 (20,214) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pros:

Easy to navigate through. Amazing technical support, inexpensive, and it has such seamless integrations.

Cons:

Difficult to explore through the various bundles. Was charged 20$ and needed to experience a cycle where they input .01 into my record - which was redundant.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise ratings

4.3
4.1
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 20,214 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise before?

Filter reviews (20,213)

Blake
Blake
Ecommerce & Consumer Products Manager in US
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

Value for the money is incredible

Comments: Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

Pros:

The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

Cons:

It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

Andrew
Andrew
Chief Operating Officer in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Great Value for the Price

Comments: Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

Pros:

The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

Cons:

The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

Marco
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks works well!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Works quite well for what we need. I love that it checks my math for me, less room for human error. I use it each and every day.

Pros:

Well I’ve gotten used to using it and relying on it for everything. Invoices and accounts receivable. Entering all my credit card, bank and cash purchases for the business. Also creating POs for what we purchase for the business to sell. Everything. Easy to use. Easy to find what we need.

Cons:

Nothing! Not much to say here. Happy with it.

CFO in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Just say No-to-It

Comments: This is software on life support. Intuit is rapidly investing in online. I switched to Quickbooks Online, by the way and LOVE it. I tried to use the desktop "enterprise" version because I needed some advanced inventory and reporting features. Worst decision ever. They didn't work. Spent 5+ years trying to find a work-around. Finally Intuit made it possible to migrate to Quickbooks Online. It worked really well and I'm a happy camper now.

Pros:

It mostly worked, some of the time. I was able to transfer my data to Quickbooks Onine.

Cons:

The General Ledger worked most of the time, however, about every-other month the Balance sheet would be out of balance and require a rebuild. If you were to list out every feature of QBE, I would be able to find a problem with it. This is the Frankenstein of software. Every "enterprise" feature is just someone else's software poorly glued onto QB. Calling this software Enterprise is a flat out lie and Intuit should be ashamed. Basic features cannot be changed without all users logging out of the system. Most of the "advanced" and "enterprise" features don't work as advertised. Cash flow reports were NEVER accurate.

Tracy
Operations Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Desktop Still a Good Choice

Comments: I love QB in all its forms. I love that you can get industry specific versions. I encourage you to check it out if you are looking for an accounting software.

Pros:

So many people are moving to the online version. I use both for different clients. They each have their pros and cons so make sure and check them out before deciding. Also, if you are currently on desktop I find it very hard to change to online. All the clients I have that have tried have claimed it is a nightmare.

Cons:

The only down side is that I have trouble with connectivity to bank accounts for auto download.

Aishwarya
Quickbooks in India
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Quickbooks

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: A very good and positive experience I have with Quick book

Pros:

The service and books are awesome. Price is good enough.

Cons:

Service and reasonable price good product packages too.

Jessica
Director of Operations in UK
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Great for consolidating financial statements

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ability to combine reports from multiple company files

Cons:

Customer Service tailored to QB Online users

Priscilla
Accounting Assistant in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

QuickBooks Desktop

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was super easy to learn to use and had more uses than its original purpose so I would say it is a great software to have available!

Pros:

It is definitely user friendly and easy to learn how to use and can be used for even more things than what it was created to do!

Cons:

It is an older system to what we are using now so we use QuickBooks online for our accounting needs now but when I first started, we were using Desktop for other uses and it worked great for that!

CA Chetan
Audit Executive in India
Accounting, Self Employed

Easy to use

5.0 last month New

Pros:

1. Easy to use 2. Billing feature 3. Entries import feature 4. Customer care

Cons:

1. Sometimes it runs slow 2. Big data is hard to import

Jaun-marie
Assistant in South Africa
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: In my opinion I would let people know about it, and for all the small businesses that at their starting point of business because it's very helpful in all you transactions you make and you can see where the error or mistakes that have been made

Pros:

QuickBooks are easy to use and very much easy to access from any device

Cons:

I can easily find mistakes that been made and correct it and the system doesn't crash

Jane
Jane
Owner, Big Kahuna in US
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Worth the price tag

Comments: I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pros:

QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Cons:

It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

Donna
Office Admin. in US
Farming, 11–50 Employees

Very Happy with this software.

Comments: Saves us on postage since we can email our invoices. If you make a mistake there seems to always be a way to correct without any problems.

Pros:

You can make so many different reports and is very easy to use. Once you learn one area of the software, the others on based on the same format.

Cons:

Off hand the only feature I would suggest is in the vendor information for General Ledger Accounts, I personal would like 10 lines to disperse my bills. Payroll needs separate taxes and net, etc. As of right now you can only put in 3 lines.

4 years ago

Thank you for the review, Donna. It's comforting to know that QuickBooks offers the reporting you're looking for. We're constantly trying to improve this area of the product as we want to ensure all of the reporting methods needed are available. We've taken note of your feature suggestion and will be providing this to the product development team. Wishing you continued success and happiness with the product! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Audrey
Owner/operator in Canada
Accounting, Self Employed

Great Cloud Solution

Comments: After moving my records and my clients record to QBO it has progressed smoothly and I don't think I can ever go back to my old desktop programs.

Pros:

I like that I have the option to do small task on my iPhone and being able to access my clients and my own businesses account from any device if I'm away from my office. I really like that my clients and I can work on their companies books in real time together over a Video or audio call.

Cons:

The biggest con is if your internet and cellular service is unavailable leaving you with no way to make your deadlines. It's happened.

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

A robust accounting tool for businesses of all sizes

Comments: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a powerful accounting and financial management solution for large companies with complex financial management needs.

Pros:

Project management functionality: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise allows users to track projects in real time, which can help companies effectively manage costs, deadlines and resources.

Cons:

Incompatibility with other software: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise may not be compatible with some other software that businesses use, which can cause integration problems.

Stephanie
CFO in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great for a novice but pricey

Comments: Overall, it's pretty good. If they could make their upgrades an easier transition and come up with a simple inventory conversion plan - I would be a happy client.

Pros:

Love that you get the upgrades and you can update your system. Love that it is user friendly - I was able to figure it out with basic (very basic) accounting knowledge. It's also pretty forgiving in that if you do a transaction the wrong way, you can delete and redo it.

Cons:

Two things: 1 it doesn't have an easy way to migrate from POS to Quickbooks for inventory. I am hesitant to change over as there doesn't seem to be an easy transition plan for a small business owner and 2 EVERY TIME there is an upgrade - there is an issue with our bank downloads. It's as if it takes a few days or a few weeks for either Quickbooks to notify the banks to update their code or whether it takes awhile for the adjustments to be made. This can be anything from not being able to download or import AT ALL or whether or not your mouse will even click when selecting a bank transaction. As a result, we wait a few weeks before downloading and upgrading to reduce the impact to our bank transactions. We have too many to hand key.

6 years ago

Hi there, Stephanie. First things first, I'll exhaust my resources to ensure the mentioned Cons are addressed. While you can synchronize POS and Desktop items and accounts (community.intuit.com/articles/1588763), I appreciate you broaching your issues with transitioning. Rest assured, we have a wealth of insights to help along the way. As a prime example, the article above is hosted by our Community space. Should you run into bank downloads again, I encourage you to check this other overview at community.intuit.com/articles/1501199. You deserve to upgrade your software as seamlessly as it's designed to be, and there's a step-by-step guide here: community.intuit.com/articles/1501544. As an added benefit, this article has handy links that cover what to do in the vent of an issue. As for pricing, feel free to reach out to me directly ([email protected]). I have the visibility to help, and can gladly discuss what cost-efficient options you have. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Construction, 2–10 Employees

it's a love hate relationship

Comments: Setup isn't difficult, but it's very time consuming. It's difficult to use the update product once you lose the initial program. I've changed computers that originally had the program installed (when it was a CD). After changing the laptop, and losing some information, including the CD, I wasn't able to prove previous ownership and had to purchase the new complete program which is much more expensive. I hope that problem has been corrected since I would think the d/l'able programs can be tracked more easily. I call this a love/hate relationship because QB gets you to love the program, then makes it difficult to continue with the same program once the 3 years are up. They know they "gotcha"! but, all in all, it's a program I wouldn't want to do without when having a business. I also use this program to keep track of not for profit organizations, too. It's a very versatile program for any type of business. I used the contractor program and have been able to customize it for the Nonprofit. I began using QB in 2003. It's certainly grown since then!

Pros:

I like QB for it's completeness to operate a business. It integrates your banking, your customer base and sales and/or estimates seamlessly. You can use it to email customers or print out what you need. There are so many facets to this software it'll take you a while to get to know them. Once you do, you'll be forever beholden to use them. It's hard to go back to a simple spreadsheet again. All invoices/estimates are custom-izable. You can use your logos and iven if you're a small micro business, you present yourself as a competent, savvy businessperson.

Cons:

You must purchase a new copy every 3 years. Some of the features you get used to using become un-usable if the newer version isn't purchased. QB doesn't support many of it's features after the program is 3 yrs old. You can still use the program, but some of the conveniences are gone, such as emailing invoices, or payroll. QB has a habit of having you get used to their newer features and then take them away once the program is more than three years old.

5 years ago

Thanks for your honest review and loyalty. It'd be my pleasure to touch on why updates occur, as well as how you can move data between computers. I assure you there are steps in place should you no longer have the original CD, and this article covers the process: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771783. Furthermore, the info in the following link walks through how to avoid losing data when moving: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764250. The insights there will save you valuable time moving forward. As for the 3-year lifetime, we work hard to deliver the most secure and state of the art software on the market. This means the back-end systems comprising sensitive connected features, like email and payroll, must be replaced within that time frame. Full upgrades are the best way to safeguard your data and customer info. Should you have further questions, I invite you to email me directly. I'll gladly answer them in full ([email protected]). Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Osayi Jude
Osayi Jude
Assistant Manager in Nigeria
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Plenty of positives..... but QuickBooks will not go far with their customer service relationships!

Comments: I was able to prepare our payroll system in record time because of the inbuilt payroll system. Many accounting problems prior to its use was gone because of the way the software was designed to handle purely accounting procedures and 3rd party help is seldom needed.

Pros:

A good product designed with small businesses in mind. It took care of all the accounting needs of our organization while I used it. It allows for up to 3 users of the programs from a single license unlike many other accounting packages within the same categories. . It is very easy to use with an indispensable dashboard which can be intimidating at first, but appealing once you get the hang of it. QuickBooks allows you to back up the information of your own database which is useful in case of a data tragedy and have benefit of been accessible anywhere due to the online login nature. It supports importations of data from Excel, Microsoft Office Accounting, and even older QuickBooks versions. so you can easily move your existing work in excel to it. It has well developed Features for inventory and payroll which meant I did not have to pay for a separate payroll software. QuickBooks performs a full system audit imprints regularly which help users monitor the integrity of the system at any time. The pricing is currently fair for the monthly fee. If you are a user of Hubdoc, you can easily integrate it with QuickBooks to add functionality like I did.

Cons:

QuickBooks service does not inspire confidence at all. You cannot boldly trust it to work whenever you need it. If the program is not giving all sorts of error codes, then it will hang thus preventing you from doing your job. It seems to choose by itself when it wants to work. It can be very frustrating if these happens especially when you are on a deadline. This was the main reason we stopped using this product. The customer service is dreadful. You get the feeling not a few of their representatives don’t know jack about what they sell coupled with their very Unprofessional approach to customer’s query. The lack of a desktop version (without the need to use a browser to access QuickBooks services) is another reason I got fed up with QuickBooks. QuickBooks does not support payments in multiple currencies consequently, you need to improvise if your currencies is not included. For a software that has been around for a very long time, it is unacceptable. It also cannot be used with some social media applications like Skype for example.

Evan
President in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easy accounting software

Pros:

It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Cons:

They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

5 years ago

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones. It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below: QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/ Email: [email protected] Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks Twitter: @QBCares Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

Great features for the price point

Comments: Good experience. Hassle free software. Accounting and invoicing is straight forward.

Pros:

Very cheap (they give you more discounts if you wait it out before renewal). Its got most of the accounting functionalities from invoicing to inventory to taxation and cost management. Highly recommended for a small-med organisation.

Cons:

The 'Sent from Quick-books as displayed (in big bold) in each mail. Really dislike it. Also, you can't generate invoices which have already been paid for- you need to generate cash receipt--but cash receipts mess with the accounting as revenues are calculated from invoicing. All invoices go with a pay now button. This is the biggest issues we face.

5 years ago

We strive to provide easy to use tools to manage each accounting aspect. It's great to know we've been able to share the workload and help out with invoicing, inventory, taxes, and cost management! For additional tips and tricks on ways to use your account, we recommend checking out the Community (https://community.intuit.com/). You can also find out more about how we're working to offer advanced features and improved functionality by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Miguel
Finance & Accouting Assistant in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Finance & Accounting Assistant

Comments: It's been great because of the online aspect. I can work from any computer and even work remotely. I've connected to some great apps like "Business Importer" or "Billpay" where i can import data into the system and have taken full advantage of the bank synching feature.

Pros:

We use Quickbooks Online and below are the pro's: 1. It's online and comes with cloud storage for attachments and other 2. Great admin management controls. Not super sophisticated but very useful indeed. 3. GREAT GREAT apps that work and synch with QBO 4. Bank synching that allows you to match expenses and income to the bank to help reconciliations go quicker

Cons:

1. Limited reporting formats. It has several custom reports that you can customize but sometimes it does not have the option for specific reports you would like to see. For example P&L by transaction detail. 2. Customer support is limited, hard to get a hold of, and not the most helpful all the time. A lot of times they refer you to a link 3. Would be nice if you could also customize columns in the entry side of things with customs menus or dropdowns. You have the basic and essentials but would be nice if it was more customizable.

4 years ago

Hi there, Miguel. Maintaining organization is key to running a successful business. We're thrilled to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! You've got some great suggestions. To keep up with ways we're working to improve the software, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, to receive tailored info about specific questions, the Community is available as an alternate route to reach support (https://community.intuit.com/). Thanks for your review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Isaac Tatenda
Accountant in Zimbabwe
Farming, 201–500 Employees

Quickbooks review by Isaac Fungura

Comments: I have been able to capture all inventory, sales, receipts and payments data and all journals seamlessly.
I have also been able to extract customised reports such as trial balance, income statements, statement of financial position and statement of cashflows.
Customer & supplier information management has been made easy by the flexibility offered by Quickbooks

Pros:

The user interface is easy to use, flexible and keeps up to date with trends. Inventory Management - Allows seamless management of our multiple warehouses across the country. You can easily check inventory quantities on hand, set up re-order quantity and make orders within Quickbooks. This saves time because you then receive the goods in Quickbooks with their serial numbers and instantly updates the inventory ledger. When issuing out the goods for sale or utilisation, the serial numbers are also tracked and inventory & sales account are updated instantly as well. In terms of flexibility, you can attach receipts of your expenses that you incur on the go or, acquittals submitted by our field team to the finance office - these can easily be scanned and attached to the transaction for easy of audit trail/reference material. The same can also be done for sales - customer KYC information can be attached to the datatbase or the transaction. For instance farmer details including farm location Users can also chat online in QB and discuss transaction matters while working. They can also chat with the Admin to address challenges being faced. Online banking - you can easily link QB with you bank statement feed to avoid manual capturing of transactions into the cashbook. Import/Exports of data - you can easily export reports or import large data sets to avoid manual capturing of transactions such as journals or inventory issues. Invoice & dashboard customisation

Cons:

System is sometimes unstable, especially when handling large amount of data with multiple users and multiple work stations/locations Excludes payroll function, which is an add on module at a cost Excludes project management feature, hence you have to get another software to run your project management I was also not able to link external excel sheets to automatically update the ledger and vice versa without importing or exporting data.

CONNIE
Business Owner in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks - QBO for your Business

Comments: It is much easier to maintain you financial bookkeeping with Quickbooks. With the download transactions, memorization and bank connectivity, it is a great business tool. Being able to see your entire financial picture in one place is great. Having a professional able to help any time is great. This is a great business tool.

Pros:

I really like QBO - which is a cloud based software. While there are several out there, Intuit has been doing it since 2005. The ease of access anywhere is a life saver. You are never far away from your financial picture. Designed for ease of use, having an accountant be able to help manage your business is just more manageable.

Cons:

The good and the bad - now QBO has divided up into "industries" with features available only in certain industries. Inventory needs to continue to improve. The cost has increased over the last few years. However if you know a Pro Advisor you can get it for wholesale pricing. Some of the reports cannot be altered or customized, which can be annoying.

Vincent
Accounts & Admin officer in Fiji
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

QuickBooks for Businesses in Fiji

Comments: The overall experience with QuickBooks was pleasant. I would definitely recommend this to others for use especially startups. It does all of the work and the tech & online supports is readily available.

Pros:

After using various Accounting software that was common in my country (Fiji) like MYOB & XERO i was quite reluctant to use QuickBooks just for the fact that NOBODY else here uses it or even heard of it. However, after using it for a few days I found that it's really great! Right away, a huge PRO for me was the fact that I could attach source documents to pertinent transactions as proof of purchase or payment. This was critical as the Fiji IRS are really strict on this. Also, because some Invoices & receipts fade in time, having copies of source documents there were really great. Another pro is the dashboard itself as soon as you log in. You see the the breakdown of all transactions over a specific period of time represented in a pie chart. This was really cool and it helped me report to my superiors as I could rely on QuickBooks to relay information vital to business decision making. Among other advantages, QuickBooks is very easy to use that helps business owners that have no Accounting experience keep their books in order.

Cons:

Perhaps something I realized really quickly was that fact that I could not review transactions to see what accounts would be affected if I made an entry. For example, if a certain vendor was also listed as a customer for the business, I cannot review whether I chose the "vendor" or the "customer" and its effect on the Debits & Credits. In MYOB, I could press ctrl+R to review transactions and it would tell me what accounts are affected and it would confirm whether I selected the right item or not. Producing a chart of accounts report was very hard in QuickBooks. There was no option to allow me to do this easily. Also, producing a report for monthly Tax returns purposes was quite a challenge. I noticed that producing accounting specific reports like Profit & Loss or Balance Sheet was quite easy. However, when it comes to other reports that lie outside of the Accounting scope, producing reports aren't that easy. A good examples was the Tax reports I needed.

Beatriz
Bachelor of Education in Venezuela

A geneality of application. Very easy to use and gives good results

Comments: There are fewer data entry errors when using the QuickBooks integration, since there are fewer data entries manually. Human beings make mistakes and the ability to eliminate the entry of redundant data will diminish these errors.
In addition, QuickBooks integration allows for the fastest workflow from the point of entry to the billing phase, allowing the company to charge faster and increase cash flow.

Pros:

The software allows users to handle a variety of financial records, including sales receipts, payments, tax forms, invoices and inventory accounting records. Because Quickbooks is so easy to use, most tasks can be carried out without in-depth knowledge of accounting procedures. Manage your finances anywhere, you can track sales, create and send invoices, and know how your business is doing at any time. Best of all, your information is automatically backed up. Access and manage your books from your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone anytime you choose. Create access privileges so that your colleague or accountant can login and work with your data online. Know exactly how much money you have and how much you owe at any moment - your data is synced and backed up automatically. You can even photograph and save receipts with the QuickBooks Online mobile app. Create custom, professional invoices, sales receipts and estimates that you can send in minutes. Instantly see how your business is performing with customizable reports and dashboards. If you need help, support is available with answers to your questions and information on running your business.

Cons:

Although QuickBooks provides an audit trail for most of the information, there are some situations in which financial information can be changed without leaving any kind of documentation. Depending on how a customer uses the software, another potential problem is that Quickbooks does not come with a section on fixed assets. Also in order to keep the software up to date, there are a number of costly improvements that entrepreneurs may have to buy. Normally, these updates are only needed once a year in order to receive the most current payroll and other services. While the online service offers fewer features than the desktop version of the software, the most serious drawback is the history of extended outages. Also the extensive features of QuickBooks can be overwhelming for some smaller companies, as they can make the software more difficult to use and understand. QuickBooks is also better suited for double-entry bookkeeping, even though many small businesses use it for only one.

Karen
Accounting in US

I have been using Quick Books at least 10 years and love the Ease of Use!

Comments: Accounting Made Easy.

Pros:

It is easy to make corrections, delete and void transactions. The forums are helpful to gain knowledge of the product from the website. Bank Reconciliations are made easy for the user. I use the create a copy function within the check writing screen on a daily basis. The reports provided in colorful graphs help a person see the overall big picture of the business operations.

Cons:

In order to use email through Quick Books you have to keep the software updated. The hardest function for me was using the Customize Data Layout when changing format of invoices. I have worked with finance charges and would like to be able to assign on a monthly basis, however the setup is either to turn it on or turn it off. the continuous fees to keep the functionality of the software up to date.

6 years ago

Thank you for your continued loyalty to QuickBooks, Karen. Since you're here, I'd like to take the time to address the Cons you mentioned. Updates help ensure your product is fully supported and as secure as possible (more about that at https://community.intuit.com/announcements/1730425). Features that use an internet connection must maintain the highest standards of safety, which is why upgrading is a necessity. This includes the email system, and you can check out this FAQ on the upgrade process should you have any questions: community.intuit.com/articles/1501193. Before I forget, this Community article will help provide insight into the layout customization function: community.intuit.com/articles/1501535. Also, please know I forwarded your comments on finance charges to the engineers directly. We love hearing from you guys when it comes to how we can improve, as your suggestions are often the inspiration behind our innovations. Jess, The QuickBooks Team