• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5

About QuickBooks

Manages small business finances. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information. Available in an online version.

Learn more about QuickBooks

Showing 18,273 reviews

Kevin H.
HR
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2018

"I'm focusing on CONSTRUCTION PAYROLL here, not A/P, A/R, G/L"

Comments: It was a real learning curve for me. Honestly, for years I would have given QB very high remarks, but that was BEFORE I had to start using the PAYROLL module to do heavy duty use, construction Job Costing and such. I'm now in discussion with the company Controller about going to different software. I'm a nice guy, but I've come to loath the problems and trying to get any help from QB, i.e., called Assisted Payroll, "I have this problem you can see on the screen." "Oh, that's not an Assisted Payroll problem, I'll get you over to Tech Support..." First thing Tech Support guy says, "Oh, that's an Assisted Payroll problem. I'll transfer you over to them." OK, and on it goes. We purchased a 30-user Enterprise 2018 for a reason. We have many users, accounting, owners, construction managers, those using Remote Desktop into the Server, etc. Last support (yesterday) said I need to be logged in as Admin (excuse me, but that is the Controller, who uses QB every day & is way above my pay grade), and in Single User mode. Are you kidding me? "Oh, you want to be able to put this car in reverse? Only when you are facing North and only on the second Tuesday of the week." Am I sounding a bit ridiculous? Well, that's about what support is now sounding like to me.

Pros: I gave highest (4-stars) in ease of use.

Cons: The P/R module has been like the ugly, red-headed step child of QB. For YEARS, I used the help/feedback. Never so much as heard that anything was received. No changes have been made, lots of errors/bugs, VERY poor job costing ability, I'm now told you must be Admin & logged in as single user. My list of problems & suggestions is LONG, but none of their resources (time, money for development) have been put into fixing/upgrading this very old module. It's OK if you have a couple of office staff and do payroll for them, but if you are larger and really need to do Job Costing? Forget it. Staff WANTS to be helpful, but 1) they can't change what the program is sorely lacking; and 2) very often I've gotten "newbie" support personnel that hardly have a clue themselves as to what the program can/can't do or don't understand simple constraints in business. Yes, I can give MANY very specific examples, but no one that matters (has the authority/ability to make any changes) cares. Apparently we who push/need the payroll to do construction/job costing are just too few to warrant attention. I've been using QB since the day it came out. I know, that really dates me, but my point is that I am certainly no newcomer to QB. The next category only went "2+ years". Not nearly long enough.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Charleen F.
corporate President
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2020

"Our QB online is always ready when we are"

Comments: Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pros: The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Cons: The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2020
Jean F.
Accountant
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2021

"Why I love quick books over other accounting softwares"

Comments: After self teaching on YouTube, I can say, the software is a wonder to those of us who work with all of money. It helps organize everything and with a click, you can generate any report

Pros: What I loved the most was featured on the online version. I loved that I could share a live book keeping with someone else who would help me fix things if I messed up without having to come to my office, I love the whole reporting system. It's so organized and customizable. I love scheduling invoices and splitting transactions. I love that I can report everything in one click.

Cons: It's not so easy to get customer support for the desktop version. It looks like the online version works better. I didn't like that the price is fair but not everyone can afford it. It's not easy to navigate this software for first timers. I wish there were instructions to newbies.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2021
Alain jove R.
Freelancer
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2021

"Bookkeeping has never been easy with this"

Comments: Overall, QB is an awesome accounting tool especially for noobs like me who doesn't have any background on the matter. It does a great job of updating the reporting data and a scheduled cutoff time to allow you to know that some data won't still be present and are still in the works. Payroll, sales, and the likes are just made simple because of this.

Pros: This relatively easy to use app is outstanding. With its simple interface with a lot of features for the average and the advanced user makes importing and exporting a breeze. Although it has selected platforms to integrate to, it still works well and does a great job with automating business and even my personal finances. I like the way reporting templates for weekly, monthly, are there for ease of use, which can be customized further to suit my needs. It's easy and convenient because it avoid the human error of calculations with old method of pen and paper, and even the improved ones of using spreadsheets and its counterpart apps. It is even better with optional plugins to make accounting a walk in the park, that's for a small additional fee of course.

Cons: This is a bit pricy compared to other apps out there that have more or less the same functionality. It would be helpful if the excel/csv import can be better as sometimes the alignments and other elements have minor issues. And this is the same with switching from one mode to another which can sometimes have issues with the entries. And lastly, it would be nice to improve the quality that the customer service provides because it is not really great. I'm sorry to say but it's not so customer service oriented that the Quality Assurance department should work hard in weeding out those bad apples.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2021
April H.
Owner/Artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2021

"Vital tool for small business"

Comments: I recently purchased the 2020 version of Quickbooks for desktop, after updating my Mac operating system and finding out that I was basically locked out of 2012 version that I had been using - it could not be used with my new OS and I couldn't access any of my business files. After considerable research, I discovered that I could download a trial of a newer version so that I could access my information, but then I needed to decide whether I wanted to purchase a new version of QB for desktop or begin using the online version. I decided to get the 2020 for desktop because I tried the online program and did not like it at all. There is definitely a learning curve if you've never been a Quickbooks user before, but it far exceeds any other accounting software or program I've tried.

Pros: Quickbooks offers everything I need to manage the accounts for my sole proprietorship, from budgeting and expense tracking to documenting vehicle mileage, all in one program. There are myriad other aspects of the program, such as inventory tracking, that I do not even utilize because I haven't taken the time to learn them.

Cons: While I have been using Quickbooks for desktop for years now, I still have to look up how to do things and it is not a very intuitive program for someone who did not go to school for accounting or business. If it was more intuitive, I would probably use more of the features.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2021
Wyatt E.
State Director
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"Accounting made easy"

Comments: I would recommend quickbooks to small to medium sized companies, as it can be a very useful tool.

Pros: Quickbooks makes it easy to look at everything you are doing financially, from sales to tax reports. It also helps me send files to my accountant, in a way I can continue working while he makes necessary corrections (usually aren't any needed)

Cons: The only thing I disliked about this software was the fact that it sometimes got the next check number wrong and I had to manually type in. Nevertheless this a small inconvenience.

by Intuit on 06/08/2020

Heya, Wyatt!
We'd like to thank you for taking the time and leaving us a review. We're delighted to read that QuickBooks makes the harder parts of running a business easier. Knowing that it allows you to send your files to your accountant while continuing to work brings a smile to our face. We recommend visiting our blog to keep up to date with what's new in QuickBooks: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/). If you continue to see your check number being listed incorrectly, we recommend letting our phone support team know right away. They can be reached by following this link:(https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/open-programs/contact-support/00/433872).
Wishing you continued success.
-Jay, The QuickBooks Team.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2020
Ricky T.
Manager, Operations and Finance
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Quickbooks Online - Rock Solid Accounting Software!"

Comments: Overall it's been a positive experience. We've used Quickbooks from the very beginning and have no plans to change anytime soon!

Pros: Quickbooks is very user-friendly. When I took on the accounting duties for our company, I never had any accounting software background before using Quickbooks, but I was easily able to understand how to use it quickly. One of the best features for me is the customization of reports/templates. Once you understand how to customize reports and use recurring templates it becomes a huge time saver. In addition, since it is a popular accounting software, there is always a lot of answers available online, youtube, customer service, etc.

Cons: One thing I wished Quickbooks added is the ability to import an excel file into a bill. Our employees submit expense reports in excel and I would like a function that allows me to import it into a bill. Right now I have to manually copy and paste the information from the excel expense report into a bill. I asked someone in customer service about this and they said it wasn't an available feature yet. It would save a lot of time!!!

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Bakari C.
Web Content Developer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"Great for Preparing Quarterly Taxes"

Comments: Overall, I have a good experience with Quicken Self-Emloyed because the application is easy to use and I don't have to go and manually update transactions on a daily basis. I review it about once a week, right before my quarterly taxes are due.

Pros: I've been using Quicken self-employed, which is part of QuickBooks, for about five years now. I have seen the online application improved with more useful features, and user interface. I basically use the online version of Quicken to send out invoices, and keep track of business related income and expenses. I particularly like how Quicken syncs between my desktop web browser and my mobile devices. The invoice feature is very useful because I can send with a single click reminders to my clients about invoice payments, and another click for letting them know their payment was received. Quicken also processes my financial transactions without requiring constant manual input. once Quicken knows how you want to assign particular transactions, as business or personal, it automatically makes those assignments for each new transaction. You can also use Quicken to assign tags different types of transactions, which is useful for letting you know where and how your spending your money. Quicken is very useful for giving me an estimation about my quarterly taxes, and there is also a feature for keeping track of mileage. The mileage tracking is easy to use on my iPhone. And parts of the feature are also automated if you choose to set it up that way.

Cons: Quick Self-Employed is about $4 too expensive, and it doesn't provide very good support through its online chat system.

by Intuit on 16/04/2020

We'd like to thank you for being a member of the QuickBooks family for the past 5 years. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed using the product. Feel free to visit our Community, as it's a fantastic resource for helpful info regarding the product.(https://community.intuit.com/) Wishing you continued success! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Donna A.
Office Admin.
Farming, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Very Happy with this software."

Comments: Saves us on postage since we can email our invoices. If you make a mistake there seems to always be a way to correct without any problems.

Pros: You can make so many different reports and is very easy to use. Once you learn one area of the software, the others on based on the same format.

Cons: Off hand the only feature I would suggest is in the vendor information for General Ledger Accounts, I personal would like 10 lines to disperse my bills. Payroll needs separate taxes and net, etc. As of right now you can only put in 3 lines.

by Intuit on 14/04/2020

Thank you for the review, Donna. It's comforting to know that QuickBooks offers the reporting you're looking for. We're constantly trying to improve this area of the product as we want to ensure all of the reporting methods needed are available. We've taken note of your feature suggestion and will be providing this to the product development team. Wishing you continued success and happiness with the product! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2020
Chris B.
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"Great Comprehensive Software for a Company That is Just Emerging"

Comments: The first hurdle was getting used to the new software. A person isn't left alone though and there is alot of information online to assist you until it becomes routine . All in all, this is very good software for a smaller business.

Pros: This is a really good all around type software which is anchored in the accounting segment of your business. You can have up to thirty users and the administrator can set up restrictions and controls so the staff can only access segments of your data. This is particularly handy when you have staff that need to be able to enter information on inventory but you don't want them to have the access to your business' accounting information as a whole. The root of of the program is for transparency to your bottom line but it goes much further than that. The software is flexible enough that it would be suitable for pretty much any industry a small business would run in to suffice for all of their software tracking needs. Where the real value is for me in on the Inventory Management workflows. Some of the more exciting features revolve around the rules that can be set up for expediting business processes. Once such rule is around inventory purchasing. If you have your agreements set up with a vendor you can have the software authorize and cut POs directly when your internal rules dictate that the purchase is necessary. This saves a ton of time from having to have someone manually vette and authorized routine low cost consumable type items. There is now mobility integration as well and although I haven't had a chance to dive into the different apps that are available they look promising for any company that has a field operational workforce.

Cons: Some of the features seemed excessive for the level of detail that a smaller business requires. Perhaps this is to hit a more vast market group but it was a bit encumbering to get used to at first.

by Intuit on 23/01/2020

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear how the features of QuickBooks have helped you manage your accounting needs. From inventory management to setting up multiple users, you can count on QuickBooks to back you each step of the way. When designing our products, we want them to be accessible for any business owner from any industry to take charge of their books. With that being said, it takes time to get used to a new software. To help with this, we have multiple resources available online, like our Community site (http://community.intuit.com/), to make it easier to become familiar. We're so glad you're enjoying QuickBooks and look forward to working with you for years to come.

All the best,
Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

• Reviewed on 22/01/2020
Scott L.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2020

"The Default Small Busines bookeeping software"

Comments: We mostly like it. It dominates the market so much that it has become the default bookkeeping solution. I think the only reason to choose something else would be if your business far outgrows QuickBooks, or if your business type is particularly well-served by a niche product. Some add-on features are useful, such as 1099 reporting. There are many third party add-ons available.

Pros: The main thing to know about Quickbooks is that it is the dominant player in small business bookkeeping. That means that every CPA knows how to use it and can help you to set it up for your business. Nearly any bookkeeper you might hire has used it before, so their learning curve should be short. It is cloud based, so your data is much safer from disasters than if you stored it on your own server. User support, while less than perfect, is at least plentiful through the message boards and other sources you might find in bookstores or on the internet. Although it is not optimized for government contracting, you can set up a chart of accounts that complies with DCAA requirements, and use the "Class" feature to distinguish between government contracts / customers. With such a large user base and development team, it is reasonably bug-free and feature rich.

Cons: About once or twice a year, they seem to make a change to the user interface...notionally to improve the user interface, but for us it vexing that features we used to know where to find get hidden under some other menu. Some cursing ensues in the office, then we find where the feature is hidden, and work continues as normal. Sometimes they seem to push the add-ons we don't want, such as payroll or financing. The subscription price went up a lot after we had been loyal customers for a couple of years...meaning it is a lot easier to stay with them and pay the higher price than it is to go shopping for an alternative.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2020
Antonio E.
Product Consultant
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2020

"Best Accounting Software for SMBs"

Comments: With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pros: The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Cons: Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

• Reviewed on 02/01/2020
Jane R.
Owner, Big Kahuna
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Worth the price tag"

Comments: I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pros: QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Cons: It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Antineta F.
Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Quickbooks Online"

Comments: Overall, I would recommend QuickBooks Online to a client. We are coming into an age where many executives want to review their financials wherever they are and QuickBooks Online does offer that feature.

Pros: Over the last year, I started using QuickBooks Online vs. QuickBooks desktop. I really like the fact that the online version is remote meaning you can access it regardless if you are in the office or not. I like QuickBooks because it is a rather low cost software that can enable a business to see what their income and expenses are without necessarily having an accounting background. I recommend QuickBooks to many of my clients for this reason.

Cons: I have used the QuickBooks desktop version for years and have recently started using QuickBooks Online the last few months. Personally, I feel that their are a few minor things that I am getting use to. For example, I am a shortcuts person and when entering in a journal entry I'm use to the shortcut Ctrl-Delete to delete a row if there are too many. I have not found that to work in the QuickBooks Online version. I also liked how with QuickBooks Desktop if you went to the edit button when doing a transaction, it would list the different shortcuts you could use. I found this to be easier. With the QuickBooks Online version, I was able to find some shortcuts via the Help option which to me can be time consuming to have to search for. I also have found that in the beginning I had to use the Help option quite a bit just to locate some of the reports I am use to using. I'vwe found that the QuickBooks Desktop version to me is a tad bit more user friendly and helps with time management because a lot of things aren't hidden.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Mudassir M.
Chartered accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2019

"My experience."

Comments: This software is really recommended for those user who want to maintain books without going into complex software like tally and busy.

Pros: My experience on quick book has been quite good it is easy to use by even those user who are not well aware about accounting and bookkeeping. Most of my clients who are from non commerce background are using ebook without any difficulty. It's easy to generate various reports in quick books. Entering day to day transactions is also not that difficult as is the case with tally and busy. With the only difficulty that mt clients face is when they come across some new ledger they feel helpless and have no option but to contact me.

Cons: As I described above that all my clients who ate using is face difficulty only at the time when they have to create a new ledger they are bit confuse otherwise it is far better than tally and busy.

by Intuit on 25/11/2019

Hi, Mudassir. It makes our day to hear how easy to use and how much you've been able to do in QuickBooks. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping needs! If you ever find that you need a helping hand, the Community is a great resource to visit. Here, you can browse a variety of articles and receive guidance from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Wishing you continued success!

• Reviewed on 04/11/2019
Kelly H.
Controller
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"Quickbooks Desktop"

Comments: I became certified with QB in 1999. I have enjoyed the program and recommend it to most business people I know. I find that their customer service is once again back to where it was in the beginning, great. I used to dread the QB customer service experience, it was so horrific. Since we moved to Enterprise, it has been a huge improvement. And customer service is one of the biggest selling points for me, when you are working with the software every, single day, year in & year out.

Pros: Ease of use is fantastic. Mostly self-explanatory. Because it is so widely used there a lot of available answers for most any question that you may have.

Cons: The 3 things I dislike with QB. One is the cost of integrating all of the parts that you need to run a business. For companies between the small to medium, QuickBooks is one of the few really good options. But their costs to add on payroll & cloud hosting, is frankly too much. My next complaint is the reports. When QB first came out, you could create your reports any way you wanted and it was fantastic. Although the reports are nice, the inability to combine items from balance sheet & income statement without using all of the accounts is a pain. Especially when you are looking for only certain items. I know there are work arounds but they are a pain. Also, I am not a fan of QB online, you lose too much autonomy and flexibility with that system, too much to comfortably switch when you when multi site access.

by Intuit on 10/12/2019

Hello, Kelly. Thanks so much for your detailed review. Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day. You can continue to count on us for all of your accounting needs! We're continually working to incorporate great user suggestions like yours. You can find out more about these types of updates by checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for being a loyal member of the QuickBooks Family!

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Kianja J.
Bookkeeper
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2019

"QuickBooks, Not Just For Professional Use"

Pros: Both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are very easy to use. They can both be customized to fit your companies business objectives. I love QuickBooks online for the convenience of accessing your accounting information from anywhere. I think that being able to login and download your financial transactions is very convenient for a small business owner. It is as simple as reviewing which category (or account, which it is known as within the software) the transaction is assigned to. If you do not have the transaction assigned to the correct category when it is initially downloaded, you can change this within the software in a few clicks. The best part is that QuickBooks Online will remember which category you assigned to the transaction. So, they next time you download transactions from the same vendor, QuickBooks will recognize the transaction and automatically recall the category you assigned the last time. QuickBooks Desktop does the same as QuickBooks Online. However, the beauty of QuickBooks Desktop is that you can create as many "Company" files as you want. I put the word company in quotation marks because you can also use this software to manage your personal finances. Although this is not what the software was created for, the fact is that if you manage your personal finances like a scaling business, you will have a better handle on living within your means. QuickBooks Desktop makes this very easy to do.

Cons: I am not a huge fan of paying a monthly fee. While I like QuickBooks Online, I am not a fan of possibly paying an increase in monthly cost at any given moment. I also don't like that the mileage tracker is not readily available on the higher versions of QuickBooks Desktop (Starter, Essentials, and Plus).

by Intuit on 28/10/2019

Hey there, Kianja. Thanks so much for your thorough review. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks and how helpful each version of the software has been for your business. You can count on us to have your back for all of your accounting needs for years to come! To find out more about ways we're working to improve the software and offer even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Cheering you to continued success!

• Reviewed on 21/10/2019
Christian A.
Revenue Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2019

"QuickBooks Review"

Comments: I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

Pros: It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

Cons: I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

by Intuit on 16/09/2019

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/).

Wishing you the best.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2019
Beverly W.
Logistics Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"QUICKBOOKS IS AWESOME"

Comments: My overall experience has been great I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Pros: Quick books has a very easy to understand app & website to manage all your business needs.I deal with a lot of truck drivers on a daily bases and Ifta tax tracking has always been a hassle,but not with quick books.They allow you to add mileage & fuel cost to better estimate quarterly taxes.You also received discounts on tax preparation software.

Cons: I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about quickbooks.The only thing I suggest is that they partner with more companies to offer customers discounts.

by Intuit on 13/09/2019

Great review, Beverly! Hearing how easy and helpful QuickBooks has been to you and your company is music to our ears. We'll continue to be there to assist with all of your mileage and cost tracking, and tax prep for years to come. For more info on ways we're working to provide even more features and functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Cheers to continued success!

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Anthony C.
Operations manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"A wonderful accounting tool for startups and growing businesses. Customer support is nothing to writ"

Comments: It's a great accounting software, but charges and customer service could frustrate you

Pros: I like how QuickBooks has an aesthetic and user friendly interface that makes it relatively easy to navigate.
It drastically reduces the amount of work and time I have to expend on basic accounting operations. Its Integrated tools help me draft invoices, keep an eye on financial reports, track my business revenues, costs and expenses very easily.
With QuickBooks online, producing financial reports is a matter of just a few clicks as a user finds it easy to create sales receipts and estimates in minutes producing instant accounting reports.

Cons: Adding transactions from bank feeds can be very time-consuming because there's no functional flexible way of entering transactions from bank feeds. Sometimes I have to visit a transaction twice to get all the data and coding in the right order.
Another sticking point is that there’s no way for me to sync QuickBooks Online with QuickBooks Desktop or vice versa.
Intuit's lack or inadequacy of professional support is a big weakness. You often have to be on hold for a really long time before speaking with a support staff, and even after you do, sometimes they're unable to solve your problem.

by Intuit on 09/09/2019

Saving you time by providing the tools you need to get the job done is our number one goal, Anthony. We're thrilled to know this has been achieved for you! You can continue to rely on us for all of your invoicing, reporting, and revenue tracking needs. For more info on adding downloaded back transactions, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/bank-feeds/download-match-and-categorize-your-bank-transactions-in/00/185637). As an alternative way to find the support you need, we invite you to browse our other Community articles. If you can find exactly what you're looking for, you can post your own unique questions and receive helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/).

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Bulinda M.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar"

Comments: My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Pros: QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Cons: I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

by Intuit on 08/08/2019

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Director Of Operations / Lead Systems Technician
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Great Product for Small Business"

Comments: overall quickbooks is a fantastic program with minimal learning curve especially if you are coming over from another program. the user interface is friendly and easy to use. the customer service is top notch and is always there to help you immediately and come to a resolution to get you back up and running 100%.

Pros: the best thing about this software is that it is easy for a small business to setup with customers, tax tables, A/P, A/R, inventory, invoicing, payroll and business taxes. it helps take the burden and guesswork out of paying taxes, employees and business expenses while maintaining the books and budgets. There is even utilities that are readily available to use to convert from another program to quickbooks to get you up and running much faster while retaining your previous data with a few tweaks. Customer service is the best there is. not once have i contacted them and not had my issue almost immediately resolved.

Cons: As always, the least liked thing about quickbooks is the updates. it seems that no matter what update it is or how new or old an installation is, there is always an issue with an update. whether it requires you to reset the update history and re-download the update and apply or completely boot all the users out of the system to make repairs and then reboot the system it is hosted on so that you can update the quickbooks system again and get everyone back into it to continue working.

by Intuit on 31/07/2019

Nothing makes us happier than hearing QuickBooks is helping you easily maintain your books and that you've been receiving the support you deserve. Whether you're running payroll or handling a budget, you can count on our software to back your business. With updates, there are many factors that go into getting them to install properly and sometimes having the software hosted on its own system can cause hiccups. Should you continue to have issues, please let us know and we'll investigate further. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
John S.
Paralegal
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"A little clunky, but still the best accounting software on the market"

Comments: The main benefit of quick books for my business is the ease of use for everyday bookkeeping tasks, and interfacing with our accountant for year and and quarterly filings. Also, it is such a standard software that it is easy to find new hires with quickbooks knowledge. Once your Quickbooks is set up to suit your business, keeping it up is really easy. It also saves on paper waste as documents and receipts and invoices can be scanned right into the software and the physical copies destroyed.

Pros: Quickbooks contains everything you could need for most organizations. The user interface is a bit difficult to navigate, and could use updating, but the funcionality is there. My favorite feature is being able to attached scans of documents or receipts right to a transaction. You can upload saved scans from your computer, or quickbooks will interface with a scanner to scan them directly into quickbooks, which is very handy. This cuts down on lots of paper in the office. Also, the accountant function is great for utilizing a 3rd party bookkeeper. You can send out a portion of the quickbooks file to your accountant to make changes, meanwhile still being able to use the software and update with new changes.

Cons: The interface takes a lot of getting used to. The usual keyboard shortcuts don't work in Quickbooks, and pulling reports is clunky, but functional in the end. There is so much functionality packed in that it is hard to navigate to simple things sometimes. Not all companies need inventory management and purchase order tracking, and complicated payroll features, but some of these functions are always turned on.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Freelance Writer
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2019

"A tiny bookstore's dream come true!"

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks was a dream. I came into it with absolutely no accounting experience and learned to use it within days. If I can figure it out, anybody can, and boy am I glad I did!

Pros: My company, a small college bookstore, used to have so much trouble keeping tabs on the books. We were a small operation (only two full-time employees and a handful of part-time employees), and our output was too small to justify a lot of the big beefy software applications. Enter Quickbooks. Finally, we could track sales and generate invoices for our customers with ease! When a customer called with a question about their account, getting data was simple, and it really streamlined our sales process.

Cons: Sometimes, we had trouble with the print formatting. It wasn't particularly adjustable, and every now and again part of an invoice would get cut off, or put into two pages for what felt like unnecessary reasons.

by Intuit on 30/01/2019

Hey there. Please know how happy we are to be backing your bookstore. I'm thrilled to be reading about how QuickBooks is helping you keep track of your sales and customer accounts. The fact that you were able to jump right in, even without much accounting knowledge is a testament to the hard work of our Product Development team.

As for the issues with printing, should they arise again, I encourage you to check out this article that covers troubleshooting printer issues on the Windows operating system: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-to-troubleshoot-printer-problems-in-Windows/m-p/186105

I also recommend you check out our online resource hub. There you will have access to a bounty of self-help articles and can engage with other users just like you about the software. The following link will take you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

Thank you for the awesome review!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 26/01/2019
Sherry G.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"I've Been Using QuickBooks Since 1995"

Comments: I've had a wonderful experience with QuickBooks over the years. I have to buy the updates, but I find somewhere online that I can get the latest for less than buying it direct and I am able to keep my version pretty up to date. Using a different and early DOS accounting software was so complex that I couldn't even figure out how to open up the software and get started! I cut my losses and purchased QuickBooks. I took a local course on how to use QuickBooks and was off to the races immediately. If you are not really terrific with software, it might be a good idea just to pay someone like an Enrolled Agent to come in and install the QuickBooks for you and get your accounting set up. Later on, when you've been working on the software for years, it is worth it to have started out correctly with some professional help. I have my accountant come into my office every year or two and go over my books to make sure everything is looking good, entrances are correctly attributed and so on. That gives me a good feeling that I know I can rely on my information in QuickBooks. Anyway, I do recommend this software. I am a computer professional, a web developer, but was a CPA secretary, went through a Word Processing course in the early 1980s, then became a Paralegal and continued my computer education at the University here, then went into business with my husband, so I'm quite familiar with QB.

Pros: I like how easy it is to keep track of my check register, vendors, customers, do my payroll every week, enter and pay bills and find things when necessary. It is a reliable accounting software that is used by millions of people, so it is pretty easy to take my reports in to my accountant each year and have her do my taxes. I own a small business with 4 or more employees and QuickBooks has made it possible for me to do my own books all these years and keep better track of what is going on with our finances.

Cons: I am not wild about the way that the payroll add on renews. You have to buy an additional module or what ever you want to call it to keep the payroll tables updated. For some reason the updating can be very iffy and I will go to do my payroll and suddenly can't do it. Of course, this only happens when there is a time crunch and I need to quickly whip out some paychecks. But, for the most part the software works so well that I forget about this problem fairly easily.

by Intuit on 29/11/2018

Thanks a ton for taking the time out to review, Sherry. Your 20+ year loyalty is valued, so thanks a ton for being the best part of QB for all these years. We're proud to be backing you and your husband's business.

Should you ever run into issues with updating tax tables, I encourage you to contact the Customer Care Team on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). The agents monitoring these channels have the tools to help in a crunch and would be more than happy to lend a hand.

Here's to SkywayTools.com and your continued success!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team