• Overall
    3.8/5
    2.8/5

About Mikogo

Mikogo is a free screen sharing solution with built-in VoIP for online meetings, web presentations, web conferencing and sales demos.

Learn more about Mikogo

John D.
Educator
Education Management, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Best remote assist program there is"

Comments: I have had nothing but excellent experiences with the software. The free version is more than enough for the personal use and the enterprise version is perfect for business.

Pros: It is the easiest from all the remote assist programs that are out there.

Cons: Mikogo could work a lot faster. There is a lot of delay between the two computers.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Ed S.
Benefits Counselor
Insurance, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2019

"Not hard to use but don't look for support"

Comments: I had been using Mikogo for several years now and most of the time it worked fine for my purposes. Specifically, I conduct remote enrollment services and need the software to run on any platform (ie. Mac & PC). I never have more than one participant besides myself in the conference. I also need to be able to transfer control of the mouse and keyboard for remote signature. I need to be able to transfer documents via secure file transfer or FTP and the software must be HIPAA compliant. Mikogo ran fairly well for me unless I had a Mac participant. In those cases, I found I was not always able to transfer mouse and keyboard control and unable to transfer documents. Recently I purchased a new laptop and when I ran the software from this PC, I could not find any documents to transfer even though they were stored locally on my PC. When I tried contacting support, I was unable to reach anyone by phone or chat and my emails went unanswered. I was given no other option than to drop my subscription and look for another service. Shame on you Mikogo, for selling a product in this country without any access to technical support.

Pros: It was fairly easy to use and in up until recently had few complaints.

Cons: The product gets failing grades for support when things don't work as planned!

• Reviewed on 14/03/2019
Web Programmer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2020

"Viewing device contents with mikogo"

Comments: Mikogo was my first experience with screen sharing apps and softwares. It started off good but overtime I had to move on to other services. They have a great product but not great support.

Pros: I like that it's free to use. Mikogo is also very simple in outlook and functionality. I like its ability to share screen contents with others during meetings. This helps with better presentation and collaboration.

Cons: Customer support of mikogo hasn't been the best for me. They seem hard to reach when you experience difficulty.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2020
Lee W.
Banking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"Not worth the money. "

Comments: no benefit that other services do a better job of providing

Pros: Very easy to setup application, and easy to use. It's also simple for people invited to join and share screen.

Cons: The Screen freeze, the screen freeze, the screen freeze, no audio support so you cannot record voice and video, The customer support is poor at best. They also forced another year's subscription on me - they require paypal auto renew, The vast majority of companies will allow you to cancel an auto renew if you let them know in a reasonable time. I notified then within 5 minutes of renewal notice they refused to allow me to cancel - now I have paid for full year for software I would rather throw away. not a reputable company.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2018
Principal IT Project Lead/IT Developer
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"Best tool I've used in this space so far"

Comments: I used this to troubleshoot issues with friends and family located all over the country.

Pros: 1. It's free.
2. It's easy to install on any machine/platform.
3. It's easy to start meetings and invite people to join.
4. It's easier to use remote tools, like keyboard and mouse control, and to provide remote assistance.

Cons: I have not run into anything that I don't like about this tool. When I first ran it, it seemed non-intuitive as I was used to another product, but after using Mikogo, I readily gave up the other product.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Patricia C.
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2020

"SCAMMED FOR AN EXTRA YEAR OF SUBSCRIPTION"

Comments: They do not send renewal notices. I cancelled minutes after it auto-renewed and they refuse to refund the renewal fee. They are basically strong-arming customers into an extra year of subscription. This is unethical and seems illegal.

Pros: the software was fine. there are others that are better.

Cons: It not as simple as others and customer support is non-existent.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2020
Tech Support
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Mikogo Makes It Simple to Share Your Screen Remotely"

Comments: My overall experience has been great, giving me lightning fast capability to remotely share my screen.

Pros: The most useful features of Mikogo include the quick and easy setup process, as well as the ability to share your screen via link and session key, making it easy to share and present your screen remotely even with non-technical users.

Cons: I don't think anything needs to be improved. This software is designed for ease and simplicity of use.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Josh O.
Computer Technician and Consultant Programmer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Mikogo Free Remote Access Software"

Pros: This software does basic remote access for free!

Cons: There are bugs to work out, it doesn't capture UAC prompts properly, and doesn't capture windows key keystrokes properly.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
RM&R Operations - Technical Lead
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Useful for ad-hoc and recurring situations"

Comments: In a situation where there would be value in connecting to someone's workstation or sharing their screen, you can get someone to connect to it fairly conveniently

Pros: It doesn't require you much effort in order to start using it on short notice, it's easy to get a non-technical user to follow the steps

Cons: When I've tried it on Mac i've had problems controlling the other persons mouse

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Roy O.
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2010

"Great Software, Company attitude to customers not so great"

Comments: Avoid, there are enough other companies out their with more honourable billing systems.

Pros: Product is easy to use, simple to install. Can be a little sluggish. It is probably the most user friendly of all the remote desktop sharing software that I have come across.

Cons: As a company BYS is only interested in getting your money.
Their autorenewal policy is the worst I have come across, they charge your card and then invoice you afterwards. They do not send an email informing you that you are coming up for renewal.
You must provide 3 months notification before they will accept your cancellation. Verbal agreements from the team are worthless.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2010
Debjit B.
Freelancer
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2019

"Share, present and teach with Mikogo online screen sharing."

Comments: This is one of the best alternatives for conferencing or meeting through VoIP. There is no call number for India so you can use an app or browser to join the conference. The application itself is light and does run from the laptop so no need to high-end pc.

Pros: This workes with browser, that's a huge plus for me. No software installation for the client of any kind. you just browse and share your screen with the client for solving a problem or giving them a tutorial.
The one to one and all other VoIP call working really well. I can use my lappy mic and speaker to do a VoIP call and schedule a training meeting. The free version does give us big flexibility and it is just enough for a small and midsize freelancer like me.

Cons: For voice call conferencing there is no number for India, which is really a down for me. As most of my customers are from INDIA.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2019
Florence S.
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2016

"Web demo made easy enough for a senior citizen to use"

Comments: I have a startup and need to do live web demo to prospective customers. Our application runs on Linux but customers view the demo on Windows. Mikogo came to the rescue. The first demo went so well, and the cost is so minimal, that I upgraded to allow more viewers. The instructions for customers are so easy to follow that nontechnical people (I am in a medical education field) can join in my sessions without difficulty. My mikogo contact always answers questions very promptly.
The only reason I didn't give this a 5 for functionality is due to a slight lag when playing real time video. If you don't require live video for your presentation, then mikogo is fine.

by BeamYourScreen on 02/11/2016

Thank you Florence!

• Reviewed on 01/11/2016
Joseph V.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2016

"Mikogo has not been reliable"

Comments: We demo or software remotely as part of our sales effort. It reflects very poorly on our product if we cannot conduct a demo because our meeting software is down. I was an early user of Mikogo and liked the product. Lately we have been affected by a number of outages and cannot risk using the service any longer. We paid for a year they don't remind any portion of that as they say they have met their 98% uptime service level. I am not sure how they calc uptime, but if they do it to their advantage they would come up with 8760 hours in a year, which would allow for 175 hours down. We can't as a company justify paying for a service that can be down that much, and unfortunately has been down a lot when we needed it.

Pros: It can do both remote support and online meetings

Cons: In our experience unreliable, screen quality poor, and sometimes our users has difficulty installing the client.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2016
Dave O.
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2015

"Mikogo is a very easy to use and stable platform for screen sharing applications. I only use Mikogo"

Comments: I really do not have any cons as far as Mikogo is concerned. I love all the features and ease of use.
The best part of Mikogo is that even a novice computer user can use Mikogo with ease. In my position as a Director for United American Insurance Co. I recommend Mikogo to the agents and I never get negative feedback, just positive response, even if they are not seasoned computer users. Thank you for all you do for us.

Robert C.
Billing Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"Very handy for small phone conferences"

Comments: I use a free version of this product and think it's a wonderful tool

Pros: I love to use Mikogo for small conferences and meetings! It's easy to share my screen and pass controls to another presenter.

Cons: We have had some people have trouble with installing the software and had some issues with occasional lags.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Kate W.
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2015

"Excellent for virtual teams"

Comments: This is a really effective product for virtual teams. Only one person needs to download the software and the others can then be given a code. It makes it very quick and easy to do in the middle of a meeting. We've used it a lot, it's a really useful tool for our geographically disparate team.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2015
Mike G.
Editop
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2018

"After trying the software, not for us"

Pros: I thought that the interface was very easy to use and get going, and it was great that it worked with windows machines. We had a client that was in a different state, and we needed them to see our screen while working on a project.

Cons: The frame rate on the other person's end was not idea. It needed to be much faster to stream live video from video editing software. We found that Skype was capable of doing the job better

• Reviewed on 25/01/2018
James S.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2016

"Mikogo, Best Solution"

Comments: After using several Remote support services I have finally settled on what I believe as the BEST. Mikogo far exceeds it's competitors on customer support and does exceptionally well with its ease of use for the non-computer literate. James S

• Reviewed on 19/02/2016
Jeffery H.
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2018

"Works Great"

Comments: I have used Mikogo for client support (screen sharing and training) and found it totally satisfactory to all my needs.

Pros: Mikogo works like I expected. I needed some online screen share software that was not only easy to use bit was easy for my clients.

Cons: I didn't find any problems. The software worked as I expected.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Dan W.
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2016

"Great Screen sharing software to collaborate. ONLY software that allows you to click on screen"

Comments: I work with several traders and we share our screens with each other and we have the capability to click on an area of the screen and we all can see what everyone is clicking on. A huge plus!!

• Reviewed on 13/12/2016
'p. kulesa F.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"Scam"

Comments: i want my money canceled service same day and they won't refund my money...

Pros: There are better software out there both free and paid, very choppy to use. but decided to get it to check out canceled same day and now cannot get my money.

Cons: choppy, slow, not as robust as other software I have used the price was good was the only thing, but used other freebies and they are better.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Andrew D.
Online Marketing Manager
Bob M.
sales
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"OK, but questionable business practices"

Comments: Tried to migrate and canceled but auto-renew flagged us and charged our cards for the upcoming year. Because they are in Germany we had no recourse and company hides behind a 3rd party. We were out the $$.

Pros: worked OK

Cons: Business practices

• Reviewed on 24/01/2017