CoConstruct Reviews

by CoConstruct

• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.9/5

About CoConstruct

Web-based residential construction management software to handle estimating, contracts, selections, project scheduling and more.

Learn more about CoConstruct

Christopher A.
Pres & Ceo
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2018

"Great Project Team Communications"

Pros: The communication and contextualization of information is awesome. I love that everything for a project can be found in one place and shared to all the people on the team that need it. I love that homeowners can have a voice that is not my text inbox and the information goes to more than just me so it is acted on. I love that team at Co-Construct is constantly listening and working to improve the software to better fit my team, my trade partners and my homeowners requests. I love the integration with QB. And last but not least I love the mobile app.

Cons: On the homeowners side there is not currently a search bar and it makes it hard for homeowners to find specific information. Other than that its really a great software.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2018
Douglas D.
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"CoConstruct Remodeler "

Comments: It’s like all software where you have to set it up to customize it for yourself but it’s not hard

Pros: Everything is great but AWAs getting approved is the number one. Remodeling always has changed CC makes it so easy to give customers options with price and once they select the one they want the $$ go right onto to their balance

Cons: It’s not that I don’t like the scheduling I just wish you could see all the project schedules could be seen on a master schedule

by CoConstruct on 11/09/2019

Douglas -- I'm glad you're loving CoConstruct and that we're helping you get real approvals (and really getting paid for them!). I noticed your comment about wanting to see all schedules in one place. The good news is that we actually do that. From your main dashboard, click on the first menu bar item, called "Task Manager." That allows you to see a global view of all of your schedule, to-do, and warranty items in one place in a list, Gantt, or calendar view. Click the "Filter" button to get to even more advanced options for narrowing down exactly what you want to overlay or color code. We have a similar feature in the mobile app, too. If you have any questions, our support team is happy to help. Give us a call at 800-213-3392.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Anna G.
Residential Designer
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Improves Efficency, Communication, and Organization"

Comments: We used excel spreadsheets for budgets adn allowances prior, and had to create any document ourselves to try to organize the process. I was constantly asking the project manager for spec and allowance updates. It was a manual process trackign change orders, so many probably slipped through the cracks. With CoConstruct, all of the information is at our fingertips, literally. We have not shared all feature with clients, but did share the selection choice and change orders, and that along was greatly helpful.

Pros: So many things....To Dos that sync with my calendar, the ability to save templates, to easily look up the budget or allowances, create and track change orders, add selection options, easily comment/track communications on any feature (if I have a queston on a spec or selection, I can comment on that exact item, easily tracking specific conversations). It has greatly impacted the small GC/Builder I contract with.

Cons: Not sure I have one....as a Residentail Designer, being able to create room schedules would be nice, but this software is not meant for designers, it is meant for construction.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Mark G.
GENERAL CONTRACTOR
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2017

"THERE REFUND GUARANTEE IS BOGUS , YOU NEED TO SEND CORRESPONDENCES TO 5 OF YOUR PEERS"

Comments: I WAS TOLD I HAD 90 DAYS TO GET A FULL REFUND. I WAS PRESSURED RELENTLESSLY(WHICH ACTUALLY WAS THE FIRST REASON WHY I WANTED TO CANCEL) TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR SEMINAR OUT IN VIRGINIA, WHICH WAS FREE BUT AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT FOR ANY OTHER PERSONNEL YOU WANT TO ATTEND(2 NIGHTS IN A HOTEL AND THE SEMINAR). WE ARE A SMALLER GC FIRM, THE SOFTWARE HAS MANY GENERIC LINE ITEMS THAT YOU CUSTOMIZE FOR YOUR COMPANIES NEEDS, WHICH I ALREADY HAVE IMPLEMENTED AND HAVE BEEN USING FOR 5 YEARS ON MY OWN PRICING AND CONTRACT SPREADSHEETS. THEY DO NOT HAVE DATABASE UPDATES FOR MARKET PRICING(LABOR OR MATERIALS)
I EXPLAINED IT TO THE REP AND REQUESTED A REFUND, I WAS TOLD "WELL BEING THAT YOU DIDN'T CORRESPOND WITH 5 PEOPLE WE CANT GIVE YOU A REFUND. THAT IS TOTAL BS. IF YOU ORDER SOMETHING AND DO NOT LIKE IT OR IT DOESN'T FIT YOUR YOUR COMPANY'S NEEDS, THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR THE EXPECTED REFUND. I ORDERED IT ON 10/17/17 AND REQUESTED THE REFUND ON 11/9/17, WAY BEFORE THE 90 DAYS. SO WE SAID WE WOULD SEND 4 MORE OUT(1 WAS ALREADY SENT AND WE DID NOT GET THAT JOB). THEY SAID WE ALREADY EMAILED TO CANCEL AND WOULD RESERVE A CREDIT ON FILE FOR US FOR FUTURE USE. AGAIN BS. BEWARE USING THIS COMPANY ITS A REFUND SCAM JOINT...

Pros: GOOD FOR A BIGGER COMPANY WITH LOTS OF EXCESS CAPITAL, THEY DO OFFER LOTS OF CORRESPONDENCES WITH SUBS AND CLIENTS AND LINK EVERYTHING TO QUICKBOOKS(I DO NOT USE QUICKBOOKS EITHER)

Cons: VERY EXPENSIVE FOR THEIR SERVICE. A YEAR YOU CAN BUY A GREAT GC SOFTWARE AND OWN IT FOR MUCH LESS, AND IT HAS INDUSTRY PRICING UPDATES FOR PROPER ESTIMATING, WHICH WAS THE REASON WE EVEN FIRST LOOKED FOR A SERVICE LIKE THIS.

by Donny on 13/11/2017

Mark -- We're sorry CoConstruct didn't turn out to be the software you wanted. After our follow-up call, it was clear you wanted some kind of software that you can download and install on your computer, rather than a cloud-based solution that handled communication, in addition to estimating, scheduling, and other features. Our customers can cancel our plans at any time, and are never forced into contracts, so you have the flexibility to spend a little and then stop, if you wish. We do offer a full 3-month money back guarantee, but ask that, since we are a communication platform, that you try the communication features just five times so you can see the benefit of that. It sounds like you decided not to do that, which is why you were able to cancel with no further obligation, and we've given you a credit in case you are interested in a cloud-based solution in the future. If you do decide to do that, we do encourage you think about coming to our live, 2-day, in-person CoCamp training session, which is at no cost to new customers (and we even cover your hotel and give you a travel voucher). It's completely optional, but we regularly have customers who are just moving their software to the cloud, and they love the personal service of getting trained on it, in person, by our team.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2017
Sam G.
Owner / Operator / President
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2020

"Great program. Incredible value."

Comments: I've truly been impressed with CoConstruct's customer service, webinar, and coaching availability. They have trained their staff well and it shows - they are also staffed accordingly. The system is robust and is able to meet you where you are at - if your current system is advanced - this is a good product for you. If your current system is under-developed and needs some shoring up - this is a good product for you. My coach, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows his stuff and has been extremely helpful through implementation and now operations and maintenance.

Pros: There are too many positive aspects to list - the way it has aided in our process management is priceless. From bidding to pre-construction and construction thru warranty, CoConstruct simplifies these processes and helps you ensure that each phase gets the attention it needs. Selections have been easier, sales have been smoother, and the communication aspect of the system is a game changer. It has helped maintain a consistent and detailed flow of communication with my customers, which is HUGE!

Cons: There are always features of a project management software that don't quite fit as precisely as you'd like into your current work-flow system. I treated this as an opportunity to reevaluate my process and if I could do things differently or better. There are few aspects of the software that I would say do not fit my company at this time. Implementation, as far as kicking it off to my suppliers and subcontractors, perhaps, has been the most challenging. However, it has not been a HUGE challenge - I've found that the majority of my subs and suppliers like the software and are looking forward to learning more about it.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2020
Shawn J.
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"CoConstruct"

Comments: It was a little complicated, but so is running a business. CoConstruct goes above and beyond to help you learn how to use it. There are multiple ways to set up your system. Customer service knows the software and will answer your questions completely. You have to figure our exactly how to use it to best suit your needs.

Pros: After 2 years of use there is very little if any extra or useless features in the software. The more of it we use the better it becomes. I have no regrets in purchasing it even though it has not paid for itself yet.

Cons: It took a while to reach the level at which we use it. This isn't necessarily bad on the software but as much the nature of the construction business. Doing a few jobs per year doesn't give you a lot of opportunity to change your procedure when you find a better way. That has required patience but it has paid off. You will not implement this software perfectly quickly, more than likely.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2020
John B.
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2020

"A Must for Construction Project Management"

Comments: Overall experience has been great. I have to say that every time I call into Tech Support, the tech who answers has always been able to solve my issue or answer my question without passing me to someone else. Rare in this software-driven world of foreign tech support/passing down the line.

Pros: Our clients, trades and entire team have ONE site, both computer and mobile, to visit to access all of the necessary information, specifications, budgets, jobs schedules, etc.

Cons: I need additional estimating integration with my estimating software and currently have to manually enter my estimates vs. pushing takeoff data real-time directly into my estimates. Hopefully that will come with time!

• Reviewed on 28/01/2020
Leslie Q.
Interior Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"Changing Lanes"

Comments: We were completely satisfied with CoConstruct! It is a really well thought out program with great support. If it made since for us to keep the software during our transition we would have!

Pros: We really loved creating templates for specifications and being able to incorporate these into a proposal. This software works seamlessly with quickbooks allowing us to keep track of financials alongside the project.

Cons: In the end the software became too expensive for our small firm, and honestly it was a little more than we needed (we transitioned from a design/build to strictly a design firm).

by CoConstruct on 14/03/2020

Leslie -- Thanks for all of the great feedback. We're sorry to see you go from CoConstruct, but we understand. We are great for design/build firms, who can use an unlimited number of projects at no additional charge for managing their design projects, including with customer communication, for as little as $199/mo, and then have all of that job data flow directly into the construction management side of the company. But, we were designed for companies that have a construction component of their business, so if you're only doing design now, I see where it may not be a fit. Hopefully you can send your design clients to contractors in your area who use CoConstruct, so the clients still get the benefit of it and you can still utilize it as a partner user of the contractor.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2020
Shellina E.
Project Managment Team
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Excellent product !!!"

Comments: I am able to provide my potential customers with a quote fast and that was the biggest problem we had and now it is easy and in timely manner, which helps us get more projects. I can track my Trade partners and change schedules efficiently.
The best thing is being able to track the project expenses and change orders by the client.

Pros: How easy it is to use, it makes our daily work much more efficient and productive. it stream lines all of our spreadsheets into one place, customers and trade partner information availability is available now in a click of a button.
The set up and support team has been amazing so far. feels that Customer Care actually cares about your successes.

Cons: I am not able to provide feedback regarding what I didn't like since So far it has been great and meets all of our expectations.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Grant S.
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2020

"Great Product "

Comments: CoConstruct has automated a lot of processes for us. Some of which we were doing on paper. Some we weren't doing and now can do because CoConstruct makes it easy. It has made our business better. I don't really want to imagine running our business without it.

Pros: CoConstruct streamlines a lot of our process which makes our business better. It allows us to organize our communications with customers which they love!

Cons: Being able to print a change order with the customers name and a line for them to sign without sending it as an email would be good.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2020
Dwayne B.

"Absolutely the Best"

Pros: To be honest there our company relies on Co-Construct daily to operate. Our team clock in which is tracked back to the project to know where you are with the budgeted hours. The scope of work is detailed through the specs and selections. Communication with our team, clients and trade partners is all tracked and never lost. Our clients constantly tell us how easy it is to use and its a selling feature for us. Estimating is super easy and then over the the budget sheet to see how you are tracking with your profits. The schedule and how all tasks are able to have assigned team members or trade partners to them is essential to maintain your schedule and for the clients to see this all going on is crucial. The ability to keep all your photos and files in one location of on specific specifications is amazing.
Best of all the overview page shows you and your clients in a snapshot where the project is at.

Cons: There is a need for a WHIP report to help knowing a bit better where a project is financially vs the schedule.

Michael H.
Operations
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Co Construct Revultionizing Business Management For Remodeling and Custom Home Builders"

Comments: Co Construct has improved operations efficiency in several of the companies I have worked with. Co Construct is able to take a project from the first contact all the way through completion and provides an accountability for the client and the contractor which has been a big support gap in the past decade. Co Construct improves the builder and sub contractor experience as well with features that provide a daily log of comments and photos from the subs to the contractor in one place that is stored for record. Co Construct has also made keeping track of financials much easier and creating and facilitating change orders from the field. All of the features of Co Construct are streamlined in the mobile app for easy to train functionality with employees, subs and vendors. Overall I just cant express enough how Co Construct continues to improve the Remodel and Custom home sector of Residential construction.

Pros: Co Construct is so much more than a project management software system. Co Construct integrates your entire business operation into one easy to use cloud base platform. The support team dedicated to Co Construct users is a feature that no other company in this field can match. Co Construct continues to innovate their product daily through their client based interactions and feedback. Co Construct has gone above and beyond through their development of a "Community" discussion board within the existing software that enables all of their clients to interact with each other and the Co Construct ambassadors.
Co Construct offers Co Camp training as well as Co Con (annual conference based on builders engaging with other builders) this is a unique approach to not only improve clients knowledge of the software but will assist them with overall productivity in their respective businesses.
The Software itself is very easy to learn and very adaptable to any size business model. Co Construct has a library of videos to assist with the onboarding process. Co Construct has made a huge investment in securing their clients information as well.

Cons: It would be very difficult for me to identify anything that I do not like about this software. Co Construct has done a phenomenal job of identifying and improving any areas that were lacking in the offered software package and continues to develop more efficient improvements. I look forward to the future as they continue to grow the Leads feature as well as integration into the mainstream calendar support.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Mac C.
Handyman/wanna-be Remodeler
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2019

"Handyman evolution"

Comments: I can’t say enough about the customer service - specifically the “how do I do this...” type of support. They really don’t want you to fail just because you don’t understand HOW to use the app.

Pros: Good/bad? Good is not an adequate description of the customer service I receive from CoConstruct. The team over there is amazing. It’s the best customer service I’ve ever had anywhere online. I honestly feel like they work for me in my IT department (I’m a one-man “wanna-be remodeler” handyman operation). Whenever I have a question I get a fully thought out, complete response that answers my question completely - most of the time with a video of rep solving the issue on his screen as if it were my own. I especially like that I seem to be assigned to one team member. Also, the training calls during the learning phase were invaluable. I don’t think I would have been able to learn the full process without them (thanks again rep) - and I would have cancelled shortly after signing up without the video training calls. Thanks so much CoConstruct. I started out as a handyman 2 years ago and found CoConstruct before I was ready for it. The sales guy listened to my situation and freely admitted that it was probably more than I needed and it wouldn’t be a great benefit to me at that point - so I waited with the website bookmarked in my favorites bar. Since then, I’ve expanded into some smaller remodel projects and small custom residential jobs (small, like demo a bathroom, replace Front Door, install a door inside where one didn’t exist). Even with my tiny scope of work CoConstruct has been the deciding factor for 3 of my last 5 clients. I asked them why they chose me over the others and they said specifically, “I like your app”. Paraphrasing them, they said something to the effect of, “it’s transparent and I like that you show me everything you’re committing to instead of a one or two line sentence fragment on an estimate explaining a $3,000 scope of work”. I literally charge more for everything I do because CoConstruct makes me look so good up front that the customers are happy to pay more. Maybe because it makes my business look more professional or competent, or maybe because using CoConstruct actuallly makes me feel more confident. Either way, using CoConstruct, I charge more for the same work and I’m winning clients that I wouldn’t have before. It’s literally paying for itself. Y’all are the best and I can’t wait to grow my business with your help.

Cons: It can take a while to set up a project - specifically a list of generally unrelated items. I estimate a lot of home inspection reports so it’s hard to create a template that I can import for each job. The client view of some stuff is a little less transparent than I’d like (although i can type anything and everything I want into each item description). When I build out that cost lines for each item I’d like to be able to display the description of each cost line to the client (with or without the cost). It’s also tough (or maybe I just haven’t figured it out yet) to go through the list of items to be completed while you’re on site since they’re grouped into larger categories instead of a single list showing all the items. However, you can add whatever you want to the schedule and track progress through the schedule. It’d be great if I could import the specs & selections items into the schedule.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2019
Richard R.
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2013

Comments: Here at Summit, we construct custom and build-to-suit homes that can start from an on-line Southern Living Plan or a gleam in the client's eye. With the variation and choice that falls within that range, it becomes a real chore to track all the information and communication required to deliver what the client expects and a product we can be proud of. At least, it was before Co-construct. Before Co-Co (I am copywriting that nickname so Donny can't take it), we used a combination of spreadsheets, Everynote, and accounting software to manage client and field communication. In addition to this, each member of the team for any project kept their own side documents. Then came Co-Construct. Before I dive in, let me first explain the Co-Construct does not end the need for paperwork and organization. It just makes it simple. The learning curve for this software is easy because of the extensive video tutorials provided. All told, it took us about a week to get the system up and running, and here is how it broke down: two days to populate our selection items in the master template, two days to enter the data from the current jobs, and one day to train the management team, review for accuracy, and drink coffee. That's right, all it took was one person, one week, and all of that without disrupting the course of business. Once everyone had their email linked in, we were off to the races. But what does Co-construct really do for us? Co-construct is a premier information and communication organizer. By keeping all the communication separated into the relevant Selections/Building Phases, everyone stays focused and can find the relevant information at the proper time. From the time the prospect is started up, we upload details, bids, pictures, emails, etc. to the appropriate phase. This way, the client can constantly see the progress of the project and the field manager always has access to the same information that we have in the office. No more side documents. No more lost information. What does Co-Construct NOT Do? Co-Construct does not do your work for you. We call those 'Employees'. Co-Construct does not fully integrate with accounting software easily. However, it is my understanding they are currently working on developing export formats for some of the more common systems. This creates a small double entry required to reconcile the state of the budget with our in house accounting. However, from an auditor's point of view, I don't mind this, as it provides an inherent data review point. And, in fact, once exporting things into Excel, it is an academic exercise to check it against accounting. What does Co-construct do for the client? In our case, we are an 'Open Book' company so we find the various sharing features of this software to be indispensable. Clients can see the impact of every choice/request that is made during the course of the project in real time. We find that giving the client the tools to go through and make selections - essentially letting them value engineer their own project - helps them to realize that they are in control of their project. Not only that, they never get that end of project 'Suprise!' when we reconcile the contract. Finally, Co-construct has been the core element for generating, tracking, and processing change orders. With all the specifications and communications on line and permanently displayed we have been able to vastly improve Client satisfaction while increasing revenues. In conclusion, Co-construct helps us:
Improve our bidding process
Organize Information
Communicate clearly with the Client
Track the project budget
Capture revenues due to project changes

• Reviewed on 22/10/2013
Brad T.
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2013

Comments: I am a third generation home builder in the Kansas City, Missouri market. Our family has been building and developing for over 50 years through both good times and bad. We build homes that range from $250,000 to $5,000,00000. With the recent economic downturn, we had to naturally downsize our company in order to survive. We went from 50 homes per year to 2 per year, but are now starting to see signs of improvement in our market and wanted to implement a new cloud based software system that would improve communications between all players in the building of our custom homes. We wanted something that would handle communications, specifications, scheduling, budgeting, selection sheet management, change orders, file sharing, to-do lists/punch lists, job site logs as well as reporting, and we wanted something that would let us do this with less people. We have found that and much more with the Co-Construct platform. The set up was quick and easy. We were able to customize it to work with the way we do business which made the conversion simple for our staff. We were up and rolling on the first job in less than 1 week and using every function that the system has to offer. I can't name one bad function in the Co-Construct System. Four months into the system, and I can say nothing but positive comments about the Co-Construct software and Co-Construct team. We immediately started with a custom build job. Both my builder team, clients, and sub-contractors have nothing but positive things to say about the system (this goes all the way from the tech savvy to computer resistant partners). Our first clients on the system were in the mid 60's and have built 7 homes previously with other builders. They absolutely love using Co-Construct and seeing my daily communications and updates to the sub-contractors (the one's I want them to see). About two months into using the system, Co-Construct introduced an upgrade which included a budgeting feature which has become a valuable asset. They appear to continually upgrade the system at no additional cost to the user. Our next move will be to apply their custom branding option to personalize the website with our logo. At the writing of this review, they were releasing 20 new upgrades to the system. Can't wait to see what they are! Customer Support for this system is first rate. Most of the time that I have questions, I start a support ticket and have a response and resolution to my problem within 4 business hours. If I need to call, someone answers with professional, courteous and helpful answers to even the simple problems. With Co-construct, you can update, communicate and promote your business from any web connected device, allowing you to work from virtually anywhere. My clients really enjoy the "real-time" updates when we walk the jobs. Likewise, I enjoy my clients comments that they post while on site at the end of the day. It is nice to see the excitement in their posts.

Co-Construct has streamlined our business and communications and allowed us to do more, with less personnel in a more professional manner.
Our company has seen the following benefits while using Co-Construct: Cost savings through staff reduction. We no longer have a person dedicated to Warranty administration or Selection Management. The system does this for us. Cost savings through reduced communication errors. Cost Savings over using multiple software platforms. Increased margins through better and more timely change order management and collection. Reduced phone calls to sub-contractors for scheduling, punch lists, and orders with a written "paper trail" of dates and times that contacts were made. Simply having every aspect of your job from budget, to plans, communications to selections right in the palm of your hand in an easy to use interface, is invaluable. We are additionally finding that our customers are talking about this system to their friends. We have had potential referral clients ask if they would also be able to use the system. Over the years, we have seen many business tools revolutionize the way we do business - the copy machine, the two way radio, the fax machine, the cell phone, the internet. I am confident to say that we will look back at Co-Construct as another business innovation that has a more than positive effect on our business and bottom line.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2013
Jonathan F.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2013

Comments: At Shihadeh Contracting, we specialize in semi-custom new residential construction. We do additions and larger projects such as townhouses, but single homes in the 2500-4000 sq. ft. range is our niche. Our slogan is "Quality by Choice." That's why most of our customers choose us as their builder: they feel confident that we will walk them through every step of the process, and that their house includes many of the little amenities or improvements that technically might not be required by code, but make for a higher quality finished product and a better value to them. We (and a few builders that we partner with in the area) have been looking for a system to combine the bookeeping aspect of the business with the building and contract phases. Most importantly, a central organization structure that the respective office personnel can plug into for the information they need instead of chasing each other around and wasting time. Also, in the case where a partner builder sells a lot and contracts us to build or visa-versa, we are able to access the same job and pick up where the other left off, share financials, etc. We have previously used extensive Job Binders, combined with spreadsheets and a running Job Log to manage projects. Using Co-construct has allowed us to cut back on redundant paperwork, gives as much central access as we choose, simplified our selection process, and most importantly - gives us the ability to really involve our customers. It gives them something concrete other than a Change Order Agreement to track the job, make selections at 10:30 at night, approve a Change Order the next morning from work at 11:15 and just generally feel more involved and aware of where the project is. It also has the additional benefit of giving them something to do online rather than surf the net for a cheaper ORB doorstop than we offer that ends up being backordered, cheaper quality and looks nothing like it did online, etc. We have gotten very positive feedback from our customers in regards to the experience from their perspective. We have been using the system this past year. I (as a project manager) have found it to be near invaluable with multiple jobs running at the same time. We plan to use the monthly pricing on additions or quick renovations, and the flat rate for our new construction homes. Nate Schoen did a great job on the presentation/training with so much information and specifics to try to communicate to us in a short period of time There is a little bit of a learning curve and adjustment period as with any system overhaul. However, after starting the system on our first project after it was all the way through the selling phase and into the building, we were still able to develop our Selections sheets, Schedule, etc. on the run. We have had a few occasions to use the customer service and suggest additions or changes to the system and have been pleased with our experience. On a situation where we were not immidiately satisfied with the response, the owner was in touch right away to clarify and resolve the question. Great job by the support team! Overall, a quality product, functional, adaptable, and a great experience with the company.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2013
Peggy Z.
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2013

Comments: We are a custom home builder in Western Colorado that has continued to grow each year, making it imperative for all of our team members to be on the same page. Prior to Co-construct, the client or subcontractor would call/text/email our superintendent. The superintendent would take care of the problem and possibly forget to pass the information along, resulting in an invoice that was over my original estimate. I would then call the superintendent (or subcontractor/vendor) to get clarification, and spend a lot of time double checking something that was just not passed along. Sometimes the superintendent or subcontractor/vendor could find the old text/email to refresh their memory, but sometimes they couldn't. This would possibly result in calling the client to refresh our memories as to what their selection choice would be. What a huge waste of time for each of us. When we came across Co-construct at the International Builder Show a couple of years ago, we met with Donny Wyatt, who was very informative and patient. He had me sold on the software before I even walked away from the booth. It did take me some time to convince everyone on our team that this would improve our communication and organization skills, and not just add time-consuming data entry and still not make us more organized. As some months went by, I watched the online informational videos and talked to my husband {the builder}, our superintendent, our subcontractors, and our vendors. I explained to them that after just a few days of data entry done initially 100% by me, they could all see the specifications for this or that, and there would be no misunderstandings whether the customer wanted this item currently or if they had changed their mind. Not one of them could tell me anything that seemed negative about this. However, some suggested it might be difficult to use. We have been using Co-construct for about a year now. Implementation was so easy, after a couple of silly questions on my part for over thinking it, and we have built several templates that we use regularly. All of our subcontractors and vendors and team members are so happy to have quick access to schedule information, specification sheets, and customer approval information. There is no longer a communication delay if someone forgets to pass on information, resulting in more delays or extensive research through old paper files. We are all updated and on the same page in real time. My customers are very pleased with Co-construct. It makes it simpler for them to communicate specific questions, share drawings, or to simply view their selection items at their pace in the comfort of their own home, car, or even three thousand miles away on the beach. We all watched the training videos and were using the system within days of buying it. It has been simple to use for all of us, including the persons who are not terribly computer proficient. When we have had any questions, the customer service has been fabulous and they ALWAYS get back to us quickly and professionally no matter how small the question. Co-construct has simplified our communication and interactions and saves us a lot of time that could be used getting more jobs or relaxing with our family. It has allowed us to take on more jobs simply by being more efficient with our time. Our clients love it and it makes us look and feel more organized in a more simplified manner.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2013
Jon R.
Sales and Operations Director
Design, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"A HUGE win for construction companies trying to go to the next level. Especially custom builders."

Pros: As a previous user of a competing software, I have found CoConstruct to be a HUGE win for our company. We are in a process of growth, and with growth comes an increasing need for organization and structure. CoConstruct has helped us master organization and communication for our office staff, field staff, and customers. We can do our estimate in the software, which then translates to a completed Specs/Selections sheet for the customers. In other software we have used, we had to do double entry. Not in CoConstruct. One time and you're done. Potential customers are blown away when we show them what we can do with this software. Most of our customers are out of town during the build, so knowing that their project managers will be uploading Job Logs regularly with photos of the construction progress is a big deal to them. The software support is also pretty incredible. During our transition, we were assigned an "implementation coach" who spoke to us weekly, trained us, and addressed any issues we were having with the conversion. This is truly what made the conversion successful for us.

Cons: It does take some time and effort into making things work how you want them. It is a flexible software with many different solutions, so you need to spend some time and think about how you want it to look and function. The great thing is, they have several templates in there for you to start with if you do not have your own. If you're looking for a software solution to take your company to the next level, make a commitment, spend the time, take advantage of the FREE implementation coaches at CoConstruct, and get it done. You won't regret it.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Brett C.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Wouldn't run a construction company without it"

Comments: CoConstruct has allowed us to integrate all project related information in one, web based platform that can be accessed from anywhere, including a fantastic mobile application for use in the field. Not only are we providing our clients with greater communication and visibility to the progress of their investment, but internally everyone has access to all the information relevant to a job, in one location. As a result, we have become more efficient and more profitable.

Pros: You can tell right from the start that this software was built by a builder, for builders. It completely integrates all aspects, from initial lead intake, estimating, specs, bid management, proposals, financial integration, project scheduling, task tracking, employee time management, and the list goes on and on. It links the builder with all their trade partners, and all their clients, providing a seamless platform that all information feeds in and out from, keeping track of it all in an extremely organized fashion. The level of support the CoConstruct team provides is top notch, with responses to support tickets often within the hour, the value of which is often overlooked when considering a software package.

Cons: From an overall perspective, the software has more available in it than we have been able to use currently, which gives us runway for future continual improvement. When we have had concerns, the CoConstruct help team has been able to quickly assist with answers, and they have even implemented some ideas for improvement we have suggested.

Travis L.
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2016

"Fantastic product that helps provide excellent service"

Comments: We have been using co-construct for over 5 years and it has been Incredible Journey right from the start. Co-construct is always changing and always improving. It has been more than once that we have said "wouldn't it be nice if Co-construct would do this" and it hasn't been long and Donny has announced the new update and they are implementing exactly what we had wished for. It is an excellent tool to help manage your projects right from the first sales call, tracking your budget, tracking the expenses for the customers, all the way through to your last warranty items.

Pros: The big thing for us is that it has helped us be transparent and the customer knows where they're at even before they commit to build. What we really like about it is that it has been built from a client's perspective instead of being built primarily for what the builder needs. It is catering to the client and it's easy for them to use and very easy for them to understand where they're at and what they are getting. Then on top of that the bonus is it is a tremendous tool for the builder to manage things like:
-Budgets
-selections
-upgrades
-Employee time clock
-Warranty Items

Cons: The one thing that would be an advantage for us would be if the product would interact with sage 50 as not as we don't use QuickBooks. Other than I have no complaints, it performs up to our expectations and we look forward to seeing new things being rolled out by co-construct in the future.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2016
Bailey W.
Construction
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2016

"Co-ConstructIVE"

Pros: This business is much less office and far more job-site. Consequently, running the jobs on the administration side of things can be hard to schedule, organize and maintain. Speaking as the administrative assistant for a construction company, I am so grateful that this product is in our hands. I don't get to see what's going on with each job, I don't have in-person communication with clients, nor do I spend much time working with our subcontractors in-person. This program easily allows me to keep a strong grasp on the scheduling and organization of our jobs, keep an open dialogue with everyone involved and it allows me to stay informed on what is going on with each site. Not to mention, it's very straight forward and user friendly for everyone. On top of it, I sincerely appreciate the time and effort the team makes in always trying to better the product and take our suggestions into consideration, as well as taking time to talk with us any time we need assistance or have something to contribute.

Cons: I think the mobile app could definitely use some tweaking/time. While it's very nice to have an app that is easy to access, there are far less features. What you can do (adding, editing, etc.) is all extremely limited on the mobile app. I just wish there was more time put into improving the app instead of so much work on the web version.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2016
Heather H.
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2013

Comments: Our organization prides itself on building quality custom homes, considering affordability and budgets. We truly offer a one of a kind experience through the building process, and something fairly new we offer is an on-staff Interior Designer and Selection Coordinator (me) to help our clients every step of the way - specifically on making all the decisions. Craig Fairbanks has used this program before and hasn't found anything more user friendly or more organized than Co-Construct. He particularly was interested in continuing this program due to issues with the selection process, where notes and written approvals are very important, and without them, can be confusing and costly. With clients always changing their minds it's important that they can see exactly what is selected every step of the way so they can't blame someone else for their own mistakes. It's a great way to show your clients their options and to keep track of everything. Not only is this program great for our clients, but it's also a great way to keep all your communication in one place. Besides being able to message your clients and comment on selections, you are able to send to-do lists and work orders to your vendors. What an easy way for them to be able to schedule your project and also be able to see the timeline ahead and what was selected by the clients. With everyone being so accessible to email and text messaging these days, there's no ignoring your requests. After purchasing Co-Construct, it was my job to set up the Master Selection Template, which is important to do first, so you're able to utilize it for every project. After several months of using Co-Construct, I'm still figuring out ways to improve our template, and jotting down notes on things that need to be changed or improved. I'm learning what the most effective way is to communicate with our clients, and continually finding better ways to present our selections. It is very easy to use and understand. I learned how to do it with some help from Craig, but I learned a lot myself, and watched several tutorials. As you go through the process of building from start to finish, you will also understand how to manage Co-Construct better. I have used customer support a couple of times. I've both called in and also messaged, and had great support. The people who have helped me are quick to respond, and have found ways to effectively walk me through the process to answer my questions. We have benefited in numerous ways, from organizing the selections so our clients know exactly what they are getting, staying on schedule not only on our side, but our vendors are utilizing the program and getting our messages. It has really strengthened our communication with everyone through the process.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2013
Steven G.
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2017

"Very useful tool"

Comments: I have been using Co-construct for several months and it has been one of the Best investments I have made for my company. I tried much other scheduling, estimating programs and this one by far are the easiest to work with. Being somewhat of a Luddite, most applications are difficult to comprehend. I'm also from the old school-"if it works, don't fix it". In this case, it wasn't so much fixing as it was enhancing, making my work easier, like switching from hand tools to machine tools. The price? In my opinion, I have saved countless hours by not repeating the sequence of transferring information.

Pros: I like the ease to work with. However if not for the "over the top support", it would take me longer to learn the product, not so much because it's difficult, but because I have a difficult time with computers and learning any new computer program. Don't get me wrong, this product is not simplistic. On the contrary, it is very professional. I like the fact that I do not have to send and receive countless emails, change orders, etc. Everything is done on the program. I like the fact that my customers, supplier, and sub-contractors have free access to it and can use it for communicating EVERYTHING, schedules, timelines, pictures, plans, you name it. I cannot say enough good things about the support team. They are available almost 24 hours. You are dealing with people who know how to communicate effectively, in good English (they are in the US). They make their own videos to explain something for difficult people like me and always follow up. This is the best part of this Company in my opinion.

Cons: The only complaint I have is from my clients and sub-contractors who get confused how to sign in, but once I contact the support team, within hours they respond directly to those people and assist them.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2017
Chris K.
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2019

"CoConstruct is Dedicated Professionals"

Pros: The customer service and dashboard resource articles and videos are extremely helpful. CoConstruct spent a lot of time and effort making sure customers had what they needed to use and understand how to use the software. We just left CoCamp and wow...... CoCamp was very helpful and needed because switching over to new software is a big deal, especially when you got systems in place that took awhile to setup. CoConstruct has most of the features we expect and they are always listening to what is needed.

Cons: We would like little more customization on trade partner naming/grouping, minor terminology customization, po options etc. However, we are really just beginning to use this feature loaded software so its a journey we are excited about.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2019
Dan M.
Contracts Manager
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2018

"System overall is very user friendly and easy to navigate "

Comments: I think the software is good and has a lot of great features , the invoicing to clients through quickbooks is the the limiting

Pros: the scheduling being global , our suppliers and contractors are enjoying the access the estimating and selection integration is too a very powerful piece of equipment which our contractor use

Cons: The integration with quick books is very limiting we are unable to progress claim to our clients through this which almost makes us want to not use co construct
I have been told that Quickbooks does not progress claim.
Australian Quickbooks does but the GST can not be altered to 15% from 10%. So no one can use this apart from Australia.
Can you please explain what co construct recommendation is for its accounting software so we can use the system fully.No builder that I know bills a house at the end of the build or in one go.We develop also and our banks require progress payments for work being completed so we can fund the projects along with all our clients requiring claims.
I have been lead around in circles for 2 weeks now trying to get a solution.
Can Co Construct confirm its solution to use all its features

by Donny on 10/09/2018

Dan -- We're glad the scheduling features are working well for you. Our product team will be in touch to learn more about what you see as some of the limitations in the QuickBooks version for New Zealand. Many of our clients want to move as much of their financial management into CoConstruct, regardless of the capabilities of their accounting system, so we will soon be adding invoicing capabilities, which will then push those invoices into QuickBooks. We want to make sure that will fully satisfy your needs, but I think help is on the way!

• Reviewed on 04/09/2018