An excellent accounting system for your small business

Reviewed on 23/07/2019
William O.
CPA
Accounting, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Preparing financial statements, tax preparation, tax estimate calculations, and cash flow analysis.

Pros: The software is easy to use and is an excellent accounting solution for your small business. I am a practicing CPA and I frequently see small business owners with accounting records that are inadequate or unorganized for necessary business tasks such as tracking your financial position (balance sheets and profit and loss statements) and preparing annual tax returns. Big E-Z Books will help you manage your business and coordinate with your CPA to prepare and plan for taxes. I highly recommend this product if you are looking to improve your financial record keeping.

Cons: This software is optimal for small companies without large accounting staff.

Less is More for Ease of Use

Elizabeth G.
Copy Editor
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We first began using Big EZ Bookkeeping for our autistic son's Irrevocable Special Needs Trust Fund about three years ago. We needed a bookkeeping program that wasn't too complicated but was up to helping us sort out the intricacies of income and expenditures, assets and liabilities for both legal record keeping and tax purposes. We specifically needed something we could customize to fit some fairly unique categories! We have found Big EZ extremely user friendly. Bank reconciliations are done in a snap. We can divide his trust's income and expenditures across not only categories, but sub categories and still keep a running total. And the automatic balance sheet shows us the assets and liabilities quarterly and annually. We are able to print out all the documents we need easily. The personalized customer service has been invaluable for us. Highly recommended.

Pros: Super easy to use. Great customer service. Customizable to fit our needs.

Cons: Have to buy it every year, but the upgrades are worth it, so I don't mind.

Great software, complete reports

Mitch M.
Ranching, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Years past we had used the farm and ranch software when we used their services. This software is very flexible in tailoring it to my own personal needs and reporting. Support is top notch as customer rep helped me thru any issues I may have which is usually user error. I have enjoyed the improvements they have made and am assured they will continue to work hard at this. Totally satisfied in the program and most of all the personal service and quality. My farm accountant is impressed with the reports as well. Highly recommended.

Pros: The ability to change and title headers to fit my needs. The auto save entries as I call them.

Cons: Would like to see more "hot buttons" that may help in less entry steps but its not bad at all the way it is because it makes me double check. Navigation could be a little more streamline.

Years of satisfaction.

Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Paul M.
Business Manager
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For approximately 10 years we have been using and satisfied with Big E-Z. The core functions are the essentials, and they add on features that you can really use. Super support!

Pros: Essential features are there. Simple and direct to use. Added features are worthwhile.

Cons: PC only platform is limiting.

Big E-Z Books works for me

Joyce S.
Co-owner / Administrator
Management Consulting, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My husband and I own a small training / business simulation company. We have no employees, but use a few independent sub-contractors. We needed an accounting program that could be tailored to our specific needs and discovered Big E-Z Books about five or six years ago. It is just what we need: it's thorough enough to keep track of all our income and expenses, yet simple enough to not be too time-consuming. And the best part is the customer service. Any question I've ever had has been answered quickly. The owner has even aranged a conference call to walk me through new features. I highly recommend this product!

Top notice software

Reviewed on 01/05/2018
Kasey B.
Adjunct Professor of Political Science
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: My family's business used this software to do their accounting. Although our accountant have used multiple tax software programs in the past, they were very happy with this software. Mind you, they are total Luddites when it comes to software, so they found this to be very easy and helpful to use.

Cons: The only small aspect of this, is there are a lot of great accounting software programs out there, and this one is not the cheapest each year. However, if you do not mind the cost, and realize this will save you quite a bit of money in the long run, this the training and customer support is totally for you!

Big E-Z Works for Me

Reviewed on 31/01/2017
Leslie B.
2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Big E-Z helps to keep our micro-business organized. It is really valuable when determining expenses for tax purposes.

Pros: easy to use, self-explanatory

Small Church use

Reviewed on 24/01/2017
Lacy M.
Pastor
Nonprofit Organization Management
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We purchased the software to help a small church that we pastor. I had seen this software used by my wife in a small non-profit thrift store. I was impressed with the graphics and charts that it produced. And because it was based on Excel I was able to help her with it. So we purchased the new version for the church, but found that it was now a stand-alone software package and was not excel based. It seemed very difficult to work with and cumbersome. After several attempts to get support we decided to go back to my "homemade" excel spreadsheet to do our church finances with. While I miss the nice charts and graphs, the day to day entry and organization of the software seemed cumbersome and hard to use. It will probably work fine for a larger organization, but for our small church it was not useful.

Pros: charts and graphs

Cons: seemed hard to work with and not flexible

Perfect for Small Business

Reviewed on 07/01/2017
Brad M.
Customer Support

Comments: I've been using Big EZ products for several years for both my personal and professional records. I find that, as a work-from-home salesperson, the Professional version offers me all of the features I need with simple set up and customization that the "big boys" have for half of their cost. I can customize all of the income and expense categories as well as having columns for commissions paid to outside field reps for 1099 purposes. Second, the representative and her support staff have been nothing less than great with their support calling or emailing me, even on the weekends with any questions I may have. I see no reason to change vendors, even as my business grows.

This system has been a great help in our small business. Michelle has been great with help.

Reviewed on 06/03/2017
Wayne H.
Customer Support

Comments: It has meant a lot to me to have the excellent help from our rep at any time. It is easy to use by anyone no matter the skill level. It allows you to name all of the entries the way you want to --- not making you fit your entries into a set nomenclature.
The only improvement I would make is to make it more Print friendly. In other words, make a "screen" page fit on a printed page. This would make for an easier presentation. However, it is still the the best product on the market in a price range that all can afford.

Best program ever!

Reviewed on 06/03/2017
Susan H.
Customer Support

Comments: I have used this program for over ten years. I have a small business with two employees. I find Big-EZ easy to navigate. I can set my own expense categories. Everything adds to a summary page. Changes are easy to make to data. Back up is a breeze. The cost is reasonable too. I have had super customer support--even on weekends. For tax purposes, I print off the summary and worksheets and put them away with my receipts. You wont find a better program out there.

Flatten the Learning Curve

Reviewed on 17/02/2017
Sandra H.
Customer Support

Comments: Big E-Z is the answer to a lot of bookkeeping problems. You don't have to spend years learning how to make entry's, balance your checkbook, reconcile reports, print reports. Plus, it's all on your computer. You don't have to pay a monthly fee to access your records. Big E-Z is a straight forward a program that gets the job done. Whenever I have run into a glitch, customer support is very prompt to bring aid.
I can recommend this program with no reservation.

Keeps it all together

Reviewed on 02/02/2017
Scott P.
Customer Support

Comments: Being an old school type of guy I don't have complete trust in computers. I've been in business for eighteen years and have used Big E-Z registers through out. I do maintain records on Quicken without payroll also. Having suffered a couple of computer crashes over the years I still have all my records on big E-Z registers. When I gather my tax info for my accountant this is where I always go. I hope they're around for a least another 7 or 8 years until I retire!

Easy is the Word

Reviewed on 15/03/2017
Carmen B.
Customer Support

Comments: Before Big E-Z bookkeeping I struggled month after month. I couldn't catch up. I was always behind. I dreaded doing my bookkeeping. Now, it's a breeze. I actually look forward to it. I'm finally on top of the bookkeeping and it feels good. Hats off to the Big E-Z company. For me, you have taken it from difficult to easy. It has given me more time to spend with my grandchildren. :)

Great Product!

K. E.
Customer Support

Comments: I use this bookkeeping software since eight years for the four companies I work for.
It is easy to use and I like the always personal and excellent support I received if I had any problems or questions. I like its functionality and that I was able to use it without any training or workshops.
It is exactly what I need! Please keep publishing Big E-Z Books.

Big E-Z Review

Reviewed on 01/03/2017
Barb S.
Customer Support

Comments: I manage the books for a small local food coop and Big E-Z makes balancing the accounts each month very simple, I am able to catch any mistakes made at the delivery quickly once input into Big E-Z software. It also give a good summary of all our vendor expenses and general expenses for board meetings and year end statements.

Big EZ is Really Easy.

Reviewed on 02/02/2017
Vic M.
Accounting
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The Big EZ software has been evolving over the years making is better & better. The customer service with Michelle is great. She returns calls quickly and helps solves problems while educating the customer.

Pros: Easy of recording transactions.

Cons: It is hard to start each new year with the changes.

Big EZ is great!

Catherine K.
Customer Support

Comments: I am not very computer literate and have found Big EZ very friendly. When I have not been able to figure something out I have received help almost instantly and the problem has been solved ( usually my ignorance) and I understand what to do next time. I highly recommend!

Mental Health Provider Big EZ Review

Becky S.
Customer Support

Comments: Have used the program for several years and have found it to be very simple and inexpensive.
The most important aspect for me is that the customer support is superb; responds very quickly and very helpful either by email or phone.

Great simple Bookkeeping software for cash basis organization

Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Beth C.
Sales Operations - Bookstore Channel
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Customer service is personal and done in a timely manner.

Pros: This low cost easy to use software has helped me save hours of time in bookkeeping for our small non-profit professional organization.

Cons: It has a slightly outdated appearance, but bookkeeping is bookkeeping and the fancy appearance is not meaningful to our needs.

UPDATED NOT AS EASY FOR THE SMALL BUSINESS

Reviewed on 08/02/2017
Ann B.
Customer Support

Comments: WHEN I FOUND BIG EZ I LOVED IT. AFTER IT WAS UPDATED IT DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH LINES (NEED ABOUT 150) DIDN'T RETURN ON ITS OWN. FRUSTRATED.

Great easy accounting software!

Eyoshi C.
Customer Support

Comments: I've been using Big EZ books for 7 years now and I can't say enough how easy it is to use and the customer support is great. Thank you.

Wonderful service

Reviewed on 30/03/2017
Cathy M.
Customer Support

Comments: Big E-Z is great! Very easy to use and the support is fantastic! Couldn't be happier! Keep up the good work!

Amazing tool. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Ayushi M.
Student
Customer Support

Pros: Easy to use book keeping software and has saved me a lot of time. Efficiently manages daily transactions and gives you a free demo as well.