Filter by:

• Overall

About Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Award-winning, 100% integrated, cloud-based GPS fleet tracking with safety monitoring, custom reports, alerts, driver scoring and more.

Learn more about Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Tony D.
Manager in US

Director review

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall seeing where our trucks are, speed and traffic has been wonderful. Paying for a government issued product doesn't make us happy. And converting to team drivers has been extremely tough to find enough drivers. Expenses have doubled but freight is still the same.

Pros:

Ability to monitor trucks/drivers. Track maintenance.

Cons:

ELD in truck hardware fails to easy....cords being pinched. Installation varied each vendor. Functionality lacks at times.

John R.
Driver in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Teletrac

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use. Precision of product. And customer service

Cons:

The change from AOBRD to ELD. Just the switch was long.

Nadia T.
Bookkeeper in US
Package/Freight Delivery, 11-50 Employees

Worst Customer Service

1 4 years ago

Comments: Go with ANY other vendor. Teletrac is not worth the pain. Once you've signed that three-year contract, good luck getting a hold of someone to answer your questions!

Cons:

We've lost GPS signal on several of our trucks. The app regularly has difficulty syncing to the trucks GPS. Customer service often doesn't answer or allow you to leave a voicemail. If you are lucky enough to get through, the Customer Service Rep is typically clueless, and unable to resolve your issue.

Tyler W.
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

NavMan GPS

5 5 years ago

Comments: We have used NavMan for several years now tracking our company vehicles and equipment. It has helped immensely in our ability to solve customer problems and labor hours worked.

Pros:

Ease of use and information provided.

Dominic D.
Owner in US

Chattanooga Bus Company

5 2 years ago

Comments: It has been a positive experience. I would recommend it to all.

Pros:

Ease of use The phone App Customer support

Cons:

Nothing really. Like all software, just have to get use and comfortable with the system.

Manny P.
Manny P.
Network Administrator / Cable Technician in US

Great Vehicle Tracking Software

4 4 years ago

Comments: Great tracking software if you are in the need of tracking fleet vehicles. You can easily find the location of your vehicles and track their daily routes.

Pros:

It's a great tracking software to monitor your fleet vehicles on the daily. Gives you real-time status updates turn by turn on vehicles that you monitor.

Cons:

Satellite gets funky on bad weather. Trackers can be disabled easily by easily disabling antenna. Your upgrading tracking device can be costly after time. Geofencing still needs improvements.

Nancy L.
Admin in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Way to View and track trucks

4 4 years ago

Pros:

This had been a wonderful experience using this software. I find myself getting caught up on looking at all the features. It really makes me want to look and see where my trucks are and what they are doing. You can zoom in and get a Ariel view and even see what parking spot the truck in is at a truck stop.

Cons:

Took just a little bit to get use to all the features that you can keep up with the trucks. There is a lot of stuff that the software will do you just have to use it to get use to it.

Jesse C.
President in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

We have had an awful experience overall…

1 2 years ago

Comments: We have had an awful experience overall…

Pros:

Nothing - it has had literally zero benefit

Cons:

We have had an awful experience overall… We have had an awful experience overall with Teletrac Navman. The reporting does not work, we can't get our rep to train us, the system does not allow for easy use and tracking as promised and the hardware is outdated and has to be installed in each vehicle and is not easy to move to another vehicle if you need to due to a sale or breakdown. They lock you into a 3 year contract and you have no way to get out or change once you are in, No good driver reports, no vehicle maintenance alerts, tracking is hard to find and navigate, just the whole thing has been a waste of 3 years.

Kristen D.
Office Admin in US

Great way of tracking our employees when on the job!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It's easy to use and i love the minute by minute updates. There are many reports that you can run and saftey reports are easy to pull up.

Cons:

The only thing that I don't love about Teletrac is that the HOS is a little complicated to learn and use.

Nancy L.
dispatch/ office in US

Excellent GPS tracking for our trucks

5 4 years ago

Pros:

What I enjoy and like the most of all is I am able to pull up the location of our trucks and in just a few clicks see exactly where the truck is sitting. If its backed into a dock or in a parking lot, or at a truckstop. I don't have to call the driver every time to get a update that can also be done via text message right from the software.

Cons:

The reports for diagnostics on the truck could be a little easier and user friendly to pull up reports.

Cathy H.
Office Manager in US
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees

Run away!

1 2 years ago

Comments: Customer service was terrible, it would take weeks to get something fixed.

Pros:

When it worked, it was great. Our drivers found it easy to work.

Cons:

It wouldn't work all the time, customer service was awful, we could not get up graded to ELDs and we had been with them for 7 years.

Jon H.
Director of Marketing in US
Construction

Teletrac is a decent service that does its job.

Pros:

Dependable and serves it purpose well, also crews can clock in from the road.

Cons:

I cant track the vehicles once the GPS system is off.

David K.
Manager of Quality in US
Package/Freight Delivery

Quite disappointed with Teletrac

Pros:

I like best that Teletrac is affordable, meaning companies do not have to outlay a hardware investment.

Cons:

It does not offer anywhere near the level of reporting available through Peoplenet and Qualcomm. The reports need to drill down to the unit level for areas such as idle time hours and idle percentages. I could go on into other areas. Best for you guys to simply visit someone using PNET and compare for your self.

Donnie R.
Parts Manager in US
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

25 Year old program its garbage

1 3 years ago

Comments: Horrible! The biggest waist of time ever I cant even get rid of them.

Pros:

Nothing its super slow and can not give you accurate data.

Cons:

Its a con they say there is no contract, no equipment fee, and no cancellation fee. Right I have been trying to part ways with them for six months now. They say I have to now pay for the equipment and I have to pay out the contract.

Nick L.
PE in US

This system has potential, but the learning curve can be too much for folks who aren't tech-savvy

3 4 years ago

Pros:

The customer service. Teletrac employs good salespeople and they have taken care of us and ensured that the software and product meet our needs.

Cons:

Learning curve that comes with the stigma of being "tracked". People are defensive and do not take to the software.

Scott C.
Driver Operations Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Cheap & Easy to use - Lacks Major Functionality

1 5 years ago

Comments: Teletrac is a great system on a low budget and you don't really care about its ability to interact with any other systems. If all you are looking for is the ability to track your truck and something for drivers to use for E-Logs, than this might be up your alley. However, if you are expecting any type of integration with mainstream products than this isn't what you need. This product has more cons than pros when it comes to the trucking industry. The tablets are easy to pull out of the truck, break, and lack OTA updating. Mapping is substandard and program functionality is sub par. We used this system for over a year and scrapped it after so many issues of compatibility and functionality.

Pros:

Very Basic in what it can offer and do

Cons:

Lacks major functionality and does not incorporate well to the major trucking industry standards and programs

Lizzette P.
Office Manager in US

Money Saver!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

I love this software because it's easy to use. It's basically dummy proof, plus if you do need help with anything there are videos to assist plus customer service to assist as well. It has helped our company save a lot of money with employees when it comes to work hours.

Carol D.
Accounting in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Teletrac Navman

3 2 years ago

Comments: Training and set up was hard to get through. Didn't feel we didn't get the support we needed. However, once set up it seems to be running well.

Pros:

The ease of use. It is also very spot on. We also got the cameras on this too. It is good insurance to protect your assets. Very happy with it.

Cons:

Set up is detailed which is good but the lack of instruction. Still working through it. I haven't found a global set up so set up has to be done for each truck.

Bob V.
Project Manager in
Used the Software for: Not provided

Excellent Fleet Management Solution

5 9 years ago

Comments: Highly recommended. Both our construction/energy services divisions havedemo'd multiple platforms in past including Fleetmatics and Networkfleet, neither have the quality and features of Teletrac. Should be a no-brainer for most...

Pros:

We began using Teletrac's Fleet Director primarily for vehicle location monitoring and navigation, however after learning of Fleet Director's safety analytics add-on we have recently adopted an internal driver safety program utilizing the driver scorecarding metrics. We now incentivize and motivate our employees to be wary of engine idle-time as well as safe driving speeds. Learning more and more about the benefits of this software everyday. Great product!

Cons:

Can't say that we have ran into any negatives at this point.

Richard B.
Dispatch in
Package/Freight Delivery, 11-50 Employees

30 minutes on hold everyday with them not being able to fix the problem.

1 4 years ago

Comments: DO NOT USE!!

Pros:

Tracking software work great when it is working. The sales man the locked us into the contract was very good at his job.

Cons:

ELD logs drivers logs driver out for no reason. Red over speeding comes up on the Garmin even if the driver is not speeding. Drivers have take their eyes of the road to reset the navigation at every stop light and stop sign. I consider the devices unsafe for truck drivers. Trying to get a hold of someone in customer service is a joke you can wait on hold for up to 30 minutes at a time. Having a driver wait on hold is not an option. Truck drivers have enough to worry about when they on the road. They will lock you into a 3 year contract with a system that does not work correctly. I have had the ELDS in our truck for 3 months now and have to call Teletrac everyday. I would not recommend them ever.

Ben F.
Manager in US
51-200 Employees

Teletrac (horrible)

1 3 years ago

Pros:

There are no pros for Teletrac as it is very inconsistent and inaccurate. The company was stuck in a contract for a few years too.

Cons:

Inaccurate and inconsistent. The GPS location that is showed of our drivers were never correct and had delays on the system all the time.

Daniel P.
Daniel P.
Franchisee in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees

E-Logs and DOT compliance

3 3 years ago

Comments: Have used the software for over 2 years and when it works well, it is great. More often than we would like, we run into issues with credentials, permissions, error messages, etc. that don't have a clear solution. Navigating through the software as an admin on the account is not intuitive at all and requires ongoing communication with the product developers.

Pros:

The software provides a solution to stay in compliance with the DOT requirements for electronic logs, and manage the drivers and their workloads

Cons:

There is a lot of backend work that remains a big question mark to the end user. Troubleshooting and navigating through frequent technical hurtles is basically out of the end user's hands. This wouldn't be an issue if support was consistent, prompt, and reliable but that hasn't been the case.

Edwin L.
HR Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

SAVE YOURSELF RUN FROM TELETRAC!

1 2 years ago

Comments: We had used Teletrac, From June off 2018 – May of 2019, of the many problems we reported to Teletrac, I have included 2 specific examples that in my opinion not only demonstrate the lackadaisical approach Teletrac takes in resolving our issues, but also provides the reasons, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Teletrac did not resolve our issues within a timely fashion.
Issue #1:
Idling Report Issues: We use idle data to dictate what our drivers will be receiving as part of their fuel-saving bonus. Date Issue was Reported: 09/10/2018
Date Issue Resolved: Never
Total Time Unresolved: 8+ Months
Issue #1 Recap: We had reached out several times starting on September 10, 2018, to get the idle time reports fixed as they were providing incorrect data. This was a feature that Teletrac had advertised when selling their product. This issue although multiple correspondences every month from the original date of reporting were had, was never fixed. There were large periods of time that had gone on where we were never reached out too. This was detrimental to or business because our drivers have a performance bonus that is given out monthly that is based on fuel mileage when we are unable to get a correct reading of fuel consumption we are paying out bonuses or not paying out bonuses on incorrect data. To put this into perspective, Samsara our current ELD provider had an issue with their idle time reports, not only did they reach out to us on a weekly basis as this was being fixed, but t

Pros:

The thing that attracted me to this company was the integration with McLeod and the reasonable price. -- However as I would soon discover, these were merely a honey trap.

Cons:

1. The fact that the product just did not work. 2. The worst customer support I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. 3. LIESSSS

Tony M.
Operations Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

Small Carriers, Proceed with CAUTION!

1 12 months ago

Comments: The shareholder's will lose in the long run if my experience is repeated with current or future customers. Good business stems from good ethics. If your equipment threatens the life of your client's organization, then how ruthless can Teletrac be in filing frivolous lawsuits against small motor carriers such as my organization. MY TRUCKS were parked for over TWO WEEKS! The individual TELETRAC SENT did not come to the scheduled appointment in our yard! I was on my knuckles dealing with drivers threatening to quit because of your software! To the shareholder's or responsible party in making informed business decisions for Teletrac, focus on a continuous improvement strategy which will increase the bottom line. Focus to why the software shows a driver is on duty when a driver signs out and to why the HOS time is always ahead of the current or live time.

Pros:

I don't want to sound bold so that an opportunity may arise and therefore I will simply pass on this question.

Cons:

The product did not live up to the presumed expectations. The software remained on duty status when the truck was parked in the yard. The software had a time lapse which negatively impacted HOS. We were signed up in the "hero" program and our hero never replied to any of our messages. The service department contracted with Teletrac dissolved or filed for bankruptcy, DURING the COVID PANDEMIC, in which we literally shut down our operations for a couple of weeks to then be told to reschedule. So it was either I go bankrupt waiting for Teletrac to stand by their commitment in offering my motor carrier company a solution for my trucks standing idle as my fixed and variable expenses increase or respectfully reach out to their customer service and request for the mailing address so that I can mail the equipment and software back to Teletrac. Instead, their customer service matched the quality Teletrac offers the public and they insisted that they will get it together. Well, i'm sorry to burst your bubble Telectrac, but you breached the contract when you threaten the stability of my organization. My incident has taken place with Teletrac within a month. I returned the equipment and now they have an attorney reaching out to me on a bogus lawsuit in the amount of $37,000. I have less than 15 trucks and potential customers should do the math.

Patrick F.
Logistics Manager in US

Do not recommend

1 10 months ago

Comments: The initial process was great. The sales team was thorough and had good initial follow up, but after that it went down hill. They gave me a great price to get the deal done asap. I verified before signing the contract I would get a couple key features, then come to find out, it did not. The company would not honor the contract either. I was more or less called a liar once I called the company out of their issues and they told me I never asked for certain features, which were the only features I used in previous software

Pros:

The platform in which you view the vehicles is pretty easy to use and customizable for your needs 3rd party guy they hired to install was AMAZING

Cons:

We switched from another company to Teletrac due to their horrible customer service and poor quality product. I would go back to them at this point I was sold on basic features it did not come with (posted speed alerts) Integrations to programs such as Fleetio did not work (confirmed it was Teletrac and not Fleetio with the issue) Multiple interactions with customer service were awful (one guy told me he" didnt know what to do and Im on my own") Response from the sales team post sale would take days, but when it came to signing the contract, it was minutes The tracker that was installed says on its specs it comes with a feature that it does not Odometer readings on platform never correct