• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.9 /5

About SAP Concur

SAP Concur takes you beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution that grows with your business

Learn more about SAP Concur

Showing 1,281 reviews

Daniel L.
Clinical IT Consultant II/ Project Manager
Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"SAP Concur"

Comments: overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros: it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document.
the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons: My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Renaud M.
CCO
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Fully featured , comprehensive app"

Comments: Have been using concur for many years in small or large businesses. Product is relatively easy to use for the amount fo features it has. Very comprehensive. Has evolved nicely.

Pros: Full feature, relatively easy to use and integrate.
Nice evolution from the beginning
Good mobile application
Adding features regularly

Cons: Can be slow to use
Not always very intuitive
Credit card integration may not be flawless
While using the trip booking system, does not always display all options, hence takes longer than necessary

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Chris H.
HR & Technology Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2016

"Complex and glitchy but better than other options"

Comments: My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc. But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical support to meet my needs, I'm told that the system can't do what I want because its not designed that way. I've managed technology transitions of hardware and software infrastructure for public agencies, professional associations, law firms, and labor unions and in my experience, a technology design team is usually very focused on meeting one or two primary needs such as expense reporting and policy enforcement and will design a system to do that. But very rarely does the team have on the ground experience in how that system will be integrated into the day to day lives of their customers. A sales team might deal with that when sales time comes, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account at the design level and in some cases it may be too late at that point. This has been my primary experience with Concur. More specifically, data disappears some times - which support claims must be user error because it can't be duplicated on their end. Its possible, but since I've gotten multiple reports of data loss from both tech and non-tech friendly people, I'm not sure that's the whole answer. In addition, although tech savvy users have no problems with the navigation and features, less tech savvy users struggle significantly. Also, because we have a complex accounting system that cannot be accommodated by Concur reporting, we still have to manually extract the data and enter in spreadsheets to get it into the format we need for accounting system import. I've discussed this issue with a Concur programmer and my account rep and they agree that what I need cannot currently be gotten from the system. Finally, when things go wrong in the feed between Amex and Concur it just becomes a blame game - its not our fault but theirs - doesn't really get me to a solution. So, it may be that I have too much work and just wish Concur were able to do more, but I find it limited in its usefulness except for that small group of users for whom it works perfectly.

Pros: All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Cons: Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have sufficient flexibility of variables to allow for the generation of the complex account code system we use because of these conflicting reporting needs. So if anyone ever comes out with an expense reporting software that takes those unique needs into account, I will jump in a second. But no one else has anything better so far. In addition, the fact that any custom fields I create do NOT integrate with the Concur mobile software means that my users have to enter their data in on the mobile and then go to the desktop and add additional data. Before we used custom fields, they were able to use the mobile system exclusively, but we weren't getting all the information I need. So now we have a hybrid system that requires working on the report twice, once when the receipt is uploaded from their mobile device and then again when they want to add the cost centers and submit the report. Doesn't make my users very happy and costs more in time and effort than no customization. Receipt management at the accounting review level is also very limited and frustrating. Assumes too much

• Reviewed on 07/07/2016
Jennifer J.
Finance & Operations Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Significantly Reduced Company's Risks"

Comments: Overall, the system is great for what we wanted to do (made the whole payments process more streamlined, reduces risks, provides audit trail, etc.) and at a great price point with great support!

Pros: Relatively simple to set-up (incl. expense accounts, users, ACH, etc.). The implementation team on SAP Concur was great and made sure we have the functions we need and provided guidance/training to make sure we know how the system works. Excel integration to our accounting platform, Xero, is relatively easy to manage/process. I haven't looked into the XERO-SAP Connector app, but will do so in the near future. The multi-user approval flow allows invoice owners to input the invoices they are responsible for and then goes to relevant department head for review/approval and finally to senior management for expenses greater than a certain amount -- the process greatly reduces our risk exposure and allows relevant parties visibility into the expenses. Great troubleshooting team that responds quickly and resolves issues on a timely basis.

Cons: The application does not allow payments in foreign currency. I was directed to their partner, PaymentsHub, for this, but as of now, I'm still trying to get that system set-up because of issues with the bank.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Lashundra C.
District manager
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Concur for travel expense"

Comments: Being able to load receipts and not having to keep up with them. Recently we have added tripit to it. To make our travel booking easier. It had truly been a great asset to our company.

Pros: We use to have to do our expense Report by hand but now with concur the process is done in no time.

Cons: The mileage tracker in my opinion still needs a little work.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Melany B.
Administrative assistant
Construction, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2019

"Nice interface"

Comments: We use the Concur expense app to bid, audit and approve expense reports.
This application is perfect for this kind of use.

Pros: Very easy to understand and navigate the application

Cons: Sometimes difficult to see the bills appear

• Reviewed on 07/10/2019
Bernard L.
Senior Director, Finance
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2020

"SAP Concur"

Comments: The main issue we have is to be able track expenses in order to comply with the Physician Payment Sunshine Act reporting requirements.

Pros: It can help with compliance with the Sunshine Act which is very important for pharmaceutical companies.

Cons: It's very expensive. They charge $14 per expense report.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2020
Steven S.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Quickly submit and manage expense claims"

Comments: I use SAP Concur to submit expense claims when travelling on business away from my main place of work.

Pros: Very simple method to manage company expenses. Compose individual expenses and group into larger trip claim requests. Camera option to record receipts. Review requests and track line manager approval status.

Cons: Can be quite a lot of fields to complete for smaller claims, though this may be employer setup. Option to create empty trips to add expenses incrementally would be welcome.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Tyler M.
event planner
Nonprofit Organization Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"better than others"

Comments: i've not had many issues using this and i generally think this is better than most other programs.

Pros: Concur is better than most invoice management systems. It makes expense tracking very easy such as for uploading receipts via email or phone app. While the interface is very good, it's a bit clunky.

Cons: the interface is very clunky. The autoloading screens are pretty annoying and the report header often overrules the content which creates frequent exceptions errors.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Craig S.
Small Business Owner
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"Expense reporting made easy"

Comments: My overall experience with SAP Concur has been satisfactory. It has allowed me to manage my business expenses on official trips and conferences digitally without needing physical resources like pen and paper. I would recommend implementing this software for medium to large businesses who have executives traveling frequently. But not for smaller businesses where there is less travel related expenses because ROI would be low. As long as there is accounting background and frequent expense reporting, its worth investing in SAP Concur.

Pros: I use SAP Concur to track travel and business trip expenses. So, my partner and I can manage our budget accordingly. My favorite feature about SAP Concur is its ability to capture hotel or gas bills as an image and attach it to a specific project. I also like its ability to integrate with airlines and hotels booking, so I don't have to go to those reservation sites separately. My accountant finds it easy to work with SAP Concur reports when e-filing my year end taxes. So, overall a great financial analysis and expense reporting tool.

Cons: SAP Concur doesn't work that well with Google suite or Chrome browser. Because it is optimized to work best with Microsoft Internet Explorer browser and office products. Password reset and error tracking is not that efficient. Uploading images of receipts for expense reporting is complex to understand for a new user. Customizing the software to meet specific accounting practices for a specific business takes some extra effort. Experience in accounting and erp software use is a must to maximize potential of SAP Concur.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2020
Tawanda M.
CWBTS
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency"

Comments: Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros: I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons: The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Kristen A.
Executive Assistant to CEO
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Streamline your expense reporting"

Comments: At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels being the most common. And if you set the software to require receipts for a type of expense or a dollar limit, users will not be allowed to submit the expense report without attaching a receipt to the line item. It saves so much time from an administration point of view, and the interface is very user-friendly. I would give this five stars and recommend it to anyone, from a small to enterprise level organization. Now, on the downside, my current employer also uses Concur, but they upgraded recently to the beta version, and it is full of bugs. Some of the best and most convenient features have been removed, such as the ability to perform batch changes on expense items and the ability to see at a glance which expense line items contained comments. Support has been completely non-existent for the beta version and we get nothing but run-around and excuses. I have been extremely disappointed with the entire upgrade process and the level of response we have received. Thus, my less than five star review. I hope that they resolve these issues.

Pros: Straightforward administration setup wizard
Ease of importing receipts
Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards
Ability to customize limits and alerts
Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives
Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons: The Beta version is full of bugs
Developers refuse to support the beta version
Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy & Innovation
Medical Practice, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect"

Comments: Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros: Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler: -expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them)
-the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated!
- receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee).
I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons: Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few:
1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it.
2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Michael P.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Very helpful software with many useful features"

Comments: My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pros: The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Cons: The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
International Tax Associate
Accounting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does"

Comments: Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros: It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons: Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Kristin S.
Applications Administrator
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that is somewhat easy to use."

Pros: Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons: User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Program Assistant
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2019

"An efficient program for submitting travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel"

Comments: Using Concur has made collecting receipts, submitting travel requests, and booking travel so much more efficient than ever before. I come from a background where we use to do everything by paper and getting approvals with signature. With the amount of staff we have, using this electronic system is so much easier.

Pros: Using Concur to submit travel requests, expense reports, and booking travel has been such a time saver from doing things the old fashioned paper way. I like the ability to upload receipts online and the electronic approval process. It is very easy to view a report history of what was submitted as a reference. With the Concur App, you can also take pictures with your phone and upload receipts automatically to your account. This is helpful especially for those who lose receipts all the time. You can also forward e-receipts to your account by email. Our company also uses the booking travel feature - what I like most is the ability to see the cheapest airfare available through a matrix. Once your airfare is booked, you can easily add a rental car and hotel to the travel request.

Cons: Concur has many features, which can take some time to learn. Fortunately through experience, I was able to help my staff solve some of the issues when they come to me. I think this is due to having some many features and not be able to learn them all at once. There are many shortcuts that staff may not be aware of such as allocated expenses in bulk, rather one at a time.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2019
Roger B.
Sr Project Consultant
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"Easy way to track and report expenses"

Comments: Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros: As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons: Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Kara F.
Online Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2019

"Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool"

Comments: Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pros: The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Cons: The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

• Reviewed on 02/01/2019
Chloe H.
Events Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2019

"Submit expenses instantly"

Comments: As part of the SAP suite, the Concur Expense platform ties in perfectly with the other SAP solutions. From a Finance perspective, this simplifies reporting and journaling processes and makes it almost automatic.

Pros: The SAP Concur Expense platform removes all of the excuses when it comes to expense claims. Lost or illegible receipts, late claims - Concur handles it all. The platform can accept receipts by upload, direct email or via the mobile app. There really is no excuse for not being able to instantly submit an expense. The accompanying mobile app is great for employees that travel regularly. There's no need to keep a stack of paper receipts. Simply take a picture of the receipt as soon as you receive it and Concur will analyse it, upload it and assign it to the appropriate charge code, ready for approval and submission.

Cons: There are times when the platforms struggles to identify the details on a receipt - the date, amount, item purchased. Given the varied nature of receipts, however, this isn't the norm and having to manually adjust an entry every now and then is a pretty good compromise. One of the features of Concur is that it will automatically assign the type of purchase to a receipt. For example, if you purchase a coffee from a café it will assign this as a Food & Beverage expense. While that's true, that may not be how every organisation categorises that expense. This requires the user to review each and every upload to ensure that the various fields have been assigned per organisation procedures not be the Concur default.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2019
Catarina A.
SAP Business Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"My Review of SAP Concur"

Comments: I am the administrator of Concur in the company where I work, together with my team. We use SAP Concur at our company to manage travel & travel expenses. It was the best thing that ever happen to us regarding expenses & travel - very good management and very custom content in order to adapt each reality to the tool.

Pros: It is very intuitive, very flexible (since we are connected to other systems and it works quite well). It is a tool that offers an endless number of features that any company would like to have in order to optimize its employee expense & travel management.

Cons: The only cons against SAP Concur I find is that, being a person who implements Concur projects in several countries, SAP Concur only works with country specifications when these are legal requirements.
That is, if it is not a legal requirement but it is a constant practice of the company, Concur does not provide it.
I think this is a cons against the tool, since it leaves users unhappy and in need of more (most of the time what happens is that users gain some features, but lose others - country specifications - that were already automated in tools previously used). However, I love the tool and I think it is a great asset.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Special Field Agent
Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2019

"i Concur"

Comments: My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros: It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons: I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform. There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2019
Chris L.
IS Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"Easily the best program out there"

Comments: Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros: Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons: I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2018
Daniel M.
Co-Founder and Principal
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2017

"Love and Love to Hate... Concur Expense"

Comments: Trying to create order from chaos with your expense management process? Concur MAY be your solution. If you are looking to get a hold of your expense management process and have a very well structured idea of how to do it (i.e. you have a well-defined chart of accounts, have policies in place for expense reimbursement, and have an approval process) then Concur is your solution. However, it's a bit lacking for the company trying to create structure in this area, as it doesn't have sufficient documentation on the setup, what decisions need to be made, and the impact of those decisions. It took nearly a year to get all of that adequately set up, and ultimately we have a stronger platform for it, but the guidance to get there was very self-directed.

Pros: Syncs with corporate cards and allows for the team to easily manage their expenses.

Cons: Integration could be stronger, both to QuickBooks and the "Travel" component of their product, which is run through TripIt

• Reviewed on 05/01/2017
Joseph H.
Expense Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2020

"Great software for small to medium sized businesses"

Comments: Overall, i’d say it’s a great software to start with, but for a business like mine that how now grown to over 1500 consultants, we have to explore other options.

Pros: I liked that the softwares expense platform was very easy to use. The approval flow and reminders are great tools and often come in handy.

Cons: It’s hard to keep track of what expenses have been paid and haven’t been paid.
Also the reporting aspect is very poor.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2020