Constant Contact Reviews

by Constant Contact

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5

About Constant Contact

All the marketing tools, features, and expert guidance you need to succeed, all in one place.

You've got this. You've got us.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Showing 1,794 reviews

Cheryle B.
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Review for Constant Contact"

Comments: Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros: Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons: I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Nathan R.
Director, Management Information Systems
Public Policy, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2018

"Robust Email Marketing"

Comments: Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Pros: Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Cons: Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2018
Karen S.
Director of Communications
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2019

"The industry leader that I WANT to love"

Comments: Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.

Pros: It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

Cons: The email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which — thank you, Constant Contact analytics! — more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding. In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2019
Daniel A.
Marketing Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Super easy to use, less functionality that Mailchimp but not necessarily a bad thing"

Comments: We use Constant Contact for marketing, admissions and development emails. We recently made the switch from MailChimp to Constant Contact because I, as the primary user, was wanting something that would be less labor-intensive. While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand code anything. Additionally, it seems to provide a similar experience regardless of browser. With Mailchimp we kept having diplay/layout issues with recipients viewing in Outlook 365 on a PC.

Pros: It's simple. Drag and drop editor is dummy proof. Very simple to build emails and automations. Ability to do emails with multiple columns.

Cons: Not able to do edge-to-edge designs and the footer is less customizable than our previous email software (Mailchimp)

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Admin assistant
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"Keeping up with Email Data and Contacts"

Comments: Sending emails out on a daily basis and extracting that data keeps my boss happy and healthy. We are always checking out their new features that might help us even more on our marketing trails. For what you get, you are not paying too much which is cost effective!

Pros: The feature that is most useful in my current job situation is the technology this program has to track opens and clicks for basic to intricate emails that are sent out to customers. This helps us to determine our most interested and time worthy customers/prospects for different products.
Another thing is that you can import/export large amounts of data whenever you need it, and they have the tools all over the website that can help you every step of the way how to get the most out of the email campaigns. Continuous updates and features are added to the website monthly, with an article explaining all about it pops up in your notifications.

Cons: Sometimes if there is too much data/campaigns integrated into the website it can slow simple tasks down by large degree. Also there are many late night website touch ups they need to do to make the program better - but also annoys us night owls that like to get projects done late at night.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Debbie A.
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2020

"CRM For The Small Business Owner"

Comments: I am very satisfied with Constant Contact. I have found their customer support to be top notch whenever I need help. You can just call them up on the phone and they'll spend as long as you need to get your problem solved.

Pros: Constant Contact is a very user friendly platform. From the very beginning I found it very easy to integrate my incoming customer database with their email marketing tools. The software is always being updated and improved so that it is competitive with the latest CRM technology.

Cons: Sometimes there is a big learning curve with the new improvements, especially in the editor. For instance, I find that with the new editor for emails you have to get used to putting photos in separate "blocks" otherwise they automatically go up to the top of your email. It's not a big deal, you just have to get used to taking the extra steps necessary to get your photo in the proper place.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2020
Bre M.
Advocacy Manager
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Easy Way to Send Communications"

Comments: Overall, I've been very happy with Constant Contact. The system allows me to store sufficient data and create multiple groups to send messages to. The system also sends communications quickly and offers some basic metrics to track efficiency. For my needs, it checks all the boxes.

Pros: I am a writer, not a designer, but I frequently need to send newsletters that appear professional and polished. Constant Contact makes it easy to format content into an aesthetically pleasing format without a ton of effort on the part of the user. I can easily plop in images, text, and the like, and the system will automatically center, figure out spacing, and all the other things that make the message look neat and clean.

Cons: The footer on the end of messages is more noticeable than ones from competitors. It is very clear that messages come from Constant Contact once you scroll to the bottom, despite the sender info and subject line making it appear like the message came directly from an individual. It does seem more spam-y than other messages, but the ease of sending to groups makes up for this in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Communications & Community Services Coordinator
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Constant Contact: Email Marketing Made Easy"

Comments: Constant Contact is a GREAT tool for designing emails quickly and easily. At the retail establishment I worked at that used this tool, we were able to create beautiful emails announcing new products, inviting clients to events, sharing sale info and more. Constant Contact allows you to include video and links to social media, and comes with a plethora of premade templates to make things especially easy for users. The tool definitely saved time and money and was effective for getting people into the store to make sales. Constant Contact also gives you the ability to manage your email list, remove people whose emails may have bounced or who wish to unsubscribe.

Pros: Constant Contact is a convient way to create beautiful emails to send to a host of contacts. I have used the tool personally for email marketing for retail businesses. Constant Contact allows you to easily manage your contact lists as well as design beautiful, professional emails to send.

Cons: Some of the features are a bit hard to understand and take some practice to get used to. Changing colors of pre-set templates is difficult for a beginner. I also found that sometimes my emails would look different once I sent them then they did in the Constant Contact interface. These small changes weren't detremental to the email's message or anything and maybe customers wouldn't even notice them, but I found it frustrating having put thought and time into the placement of each item.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Mich M.
marketing manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2019

"What a Breeze"

Comments: Over all, a great product. I can send a super professional email to my internal publics super simple, which really makes my day.

Pros: I liked that there wasn't a huge downtime to learn the platform. From download to newsletter creation, it took me all of 30 minutes to navigate the platform and produce a great product. My boss even said it looked really good! Major points for the investment. I also like that you can preview your email in different modes, like mobile VS desktop.

Cons: It takes customer service 72 hours to get back to you with an answer to your problem. That's striking in this day and age. We are still in the testing phase of the software and I'm not sure that's going to work for us.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2019
Derek D.
Communications Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"A Valuable Marketing Partner"

Pros: The reporting/analytics and segmentation feature have both become imperative for our team in identifying communication preferences of our subscribers/members.

Cons: I wish there was a more robust email template library, particularly mobile friendly options. Also, the pricing structure is based on how many email addresses you keep in your contact list so it can become an expensive option for organizations with large memberships.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Switching back"

Pros: I switched away from Constant Contact a handful of years ago due to its pricing but am now switching back. Their service is reliable and easy to use, allowing me more time to focus on other things.

Cons: Felt expensive to me at the time, so I looked elsewhere.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Justin G.
Senior Director of Member Engagement & Wellness
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2019

"Marketing Made Easy"

Comments: Our organization loves Constant Contact. When we log in, we feel accomplished. It allows us to look like our organization, sound like our organization, and be received by clients who support our organization. It's a dream come true and makes all-important marketing simple.

Pros: Constant Contact is limitless. Want to send an eblast, create a platform for registration, or send automated trials or incentives? Constant Contact does just that and so much more. Very simply, without us using Constant Contact daily, we would not know who our prospective clients are and we would not engage the ones that are with us. When we use Constant Contact, we know our members and always see results.

Cons: There is nothing we dislike or like least about Constant Contact. It is marketing made easy.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2019
Levi G.
Missionary
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Streamlined Connection"

Comments: Constant Contact continues to be a blessing at the ministry. It’s been a positive tool.

Pros: I like that the software allowed us at the ministry to rapidly add the contacts from our past lists. It helped us to create regular updates and post to all our social media pages. In essence, we were able to get the word out quicker.

Cons: The monthly subscription cost of the software would increase after our email list grew to a certain number. That was a bummer, but necessary I suppose.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Michelle D.
Owner, Massage Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Easy to Use Email Marketing"

Comments: They have attractive, easy to use templates; friendly, helpful customer support; and a vast photo library.

Pros: They provided tutorials on how to create your own customized templates, so you don't have to recreate the wheel every time you want to send a recurring email that needs a uniform look, such as one with weekly appointment openings

Cons: It autosaves all the time. While this shouldn't be a problem, when it does this while your composing your email, you get a save error and have to redo/retype whatever you were doing while it was trying to autosave. It does this at least once per email.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Greg G.
Account Executive
Banking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2018

"New User to Constant Contact"

Comments: I said in my PROS for the software. A good value and love the templates in a pinch. They can really get you out of bind if sales or marketing suddenly decides a need for a mailing in an hour. Saved me many times. I do like the overall format and the timeliness of the mailings when you set up your mailings to go out in the advance . . great job!

Pros: I recently took over the mailing and marketing for our company. Pretty much had a crash course from previous person in charge of it. Found it pretty easy to use once I figured it out. The templates have saved my life for 'on the fly' mailings. Pretty easy to go in and customize the template already close to what you want but want to add your person company or touch to it. I really appreciate the effort that goes into the templates. Also, found that the mailings go out when they say they are going to go out - a real nice feature!

Cons: Understanding and navigation buttons can sometimes send you into a tizzy . . they need to work on some flexibility to size when adding a picture or custom logo. Usually have found work around but not a lot of room for error. Also . . the preview is not really a preview. The email can sometimes actually look a little off . . not bad but a small error now and then can be frustrating.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2018
Soojin P.
Digital Content Manager
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2021

"You can access everything you need to manage your digital marketing in one place."

Comments: Very useful software for organizing and automating your customer database and sales process.

Pros: Constant Contact enabled us to influence our customers and win them over. This product is a great tool to help businesses achieve their goals and grow by increasing their online presence. Constant Contact's marketing platform is very robust and includes everything an inbound marketer needs, and I love its ability to meet all my needs on one platform. It's a very good product for tracking the web and analyzing business metrics to keep marketing campaigns moving right.

Cons: Nothing I don't like, it's a great product that greatly facilitates my job and multiplies my earnings.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2021
Kate F.
Editor
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Poor Service - We Quit and Switched"

Comments: Easy software, but many features gave us problems, and the customer service response was terrible. We switched providers as a result.

Pros: In the early days of using this type of mailing software for subscription based newsletter campaigns, CC was at the top of its game and most popular. We chose it for that reason, and did it automate and streamline the process of sending email campaigns, however, the problems with CC falsely penalizing for spam caused us to switch providers.

Cons: We imported a significant subscription list which we gathered over several years. When sending a campaign upwards of 5K to 6K, there are going to bad addresses or people which decide they no longer want the content. Fair enough, however, we had a double-opt-in platform in place, and send a campaign 1x monthly. There are always going to be individuals who hit "spam" on email platforms, such as Gmail, because it's a fast way to unsubscribe and delete. This happened enough times, with just 2-3 people (out of thousands) using the Gmail spam report, that CC began to throttle and limit our service. We sent, time and time again, evidence of the double-opt-in from a particular group of spam reporters, to show we don't send unsolicited email -- ever. CC would remove the throttle, but it happened enough times that we grew irritated. If CC made it easier to unsubscribe, and Gmail made it not easier to hit a "spam" button instead of an "unsubscribe" button from CC, we wouldn't have had the issue. We felt the customer service was poor and unfair given the extremely low percentage of those who clicked "spam" (2-3 individuals) out of 5-6K recipients on a given campaign. We closed our CC account, switched, and never had the same problem with the follow-on provider, who took better care of us, and, our readers.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Kristeen N.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2018

"One of the best!"

Comments: Only wonderful and progressive years of work using this app.

Pros: I only have good things to say about Constant Contact. Maybe because I have used it for many years and it keeps improving. Application is user-friendly. As simple as drag and drop. If you need help on anything, they have the tutorials and rep who are always ready to help and teach you. The price is so reasonable and they also reward you for promoting the application by giving you credits. But to me, what got me sold is the insight features that helps you improve the way you do email marketing.

Cons: So far I got no cons to share because it has been a pleasure using this app.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2018
Jeff E.
ERP Software Implementation Specialist
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Great For Email Marketing and Newsletters"

Comments: I have setup, trained on, and used Constant Contact at three or four companies I have worked at.

Pros: The software is easy to learn, use, and the templates for the emails are nice yet simple to customize. The feedback about open rates is good and it's easy to setup follow-up campaigns. Importing and exporting lists is also very straight forward!

Cons: I wish that there was a few more templates to choose from, even if there was an additional charge for them

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Jennifer T.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"Constant Contact Review"

Comments: Overall I think this is a great program to use to make contact and stay in contact with your customers and prospective customers. It allows you to build relationships within specific groups and creates a professional and inviting identity for your business.

Pros: Constant Contact is a very user friendly way of creating email blasts to clients and prospective clients or customers. They offer many templates that look professional and creative. They also allow you to customize their templates for a more unique look. The analytics of the email is very helping to decide and design future campaigns based on past ones. I like the ability to create customized lists in order to track and chose who I am marketing to.

Cons: It would be nice to have more options for templates based on industry and themes. Cost is also a factor as you get higher lists it starts to become prices for a small business who has simply been able to get a lot of opt ins. Customizing the template can be somewhat difficult for anyone who is not completely experienced at using them.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2018
Director of Marketing and Communications
Performing Arts, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"The top of the line email software."

Comments: Constant Contact is a necessary evil. Everytime I consider finding a lower price option, and one with a simpler interface, I realize that there are many features I'd have to abandon. They really are the leaders in the field, and I just have to make time to keep on top of frequent upgrades and enhancements.

Pros: It literally can do everything someone could want, and more than I can even learn how to do.

Cons: I have the frequent (or so it seems) interface upgrades, where I lose efficiency trying to learn a new system. I also dislike how difficult it is to deselect a list from a mailing. I have to create my list over to remove the names I want to deselect, and then restore when I'm done.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Frank P.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Great Email Marketing Tool"

Comments: I use constant contact for all my email marketing campaigns. I would highly recommend to small business owners.

Pros: Constant Contact has allowed me to create attractive email campaigns that look both clean and professional. The analytics tool is super helpful when A/B testing campaigns.

Cons: While there has been some glitches here and there. For the most part Constant Contact has worked as advertised for me and my business.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Keeps us in touch with our donors and participants"

Comments: Staying in touch with our donors and constituents is essential and this makes it easy and efficient.

Pros: We use this to keep in touch with our course participants as well as our donors. The WYSIWYG editor is very user-friendly for all our staff members and is still powerful and customizable enough for some of our more advanced users to do some pretty cool stuff with our most important emails. Also, because ConstantContact has very strong anti-spam protections, it means we can be confident our emails will get through to their recipients inboxes. The analytics data they provide is very helpful for us to figure out what's working and should be replicated and what areas are falling short.

Cons: Sometimes, although the WYSIWYG editor is user friendly, it can be limiting and the resulting emails can look bland unless we do a bit of more advanced customization.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Kristin C.
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2019

"Good options for business"

Comments: We used Constant Contact for awhile for our business but since we don't have a large list or email very often, we found another service that fit our budget better. I do think that Constant Contact has a lot of good features for the right client.

Pros: Many templates
Tested software to help with spam filters and blocking
Easy to use

Cons: There isn't a free version and so this can be limiting for companies with smaller email lists

• Reviewed on 22/09/2019
Samantha F.
Admissions and Marketing Director
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"School Parent Communication Tool"

Comments: We were using publisher to create an online newsletter for our parents. With Constant Contact it is easy, super fast, looks great and has embedded links that helps our end user a lot. We are very happy with this product.

Pros: Ease of use. All the different fonts. Auto save. I love the copy feature so I can just use the same template each week for our newsletter. Embedded links.

Cons: Nothing. If I had to come up with something I'd say that every once in a while it freeze up and there is some cat with a toolbox and I have to start over.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019