Constant Contact Reviews

by Constant Contact

Filter by:

• Overall

About Constant Contact

All the marketing tools, features, and expert guidance you need to succeed, all in one place.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Showing 1,869 reviews

Andrea B.
Senior Program Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2021

"Don’t sleep on Constant Contact!!!!"

Comments: We love Constant Contact! The decision to switch to CC last year was the best decision that we made all year! It’s made our lives so much easier and we are definitely reaching more people!

Pros: Ease of use
Beautifully organized with list/ calendar views, folders, and list management attributes
Automated social media and email scheduling
Campaign management
Landing pages
Forms
Lead Ads
Reporting both original and resends in detail with drill downs so that you can see who exactly clicked!

Cons: There is some room for improvement in the ability to tag other pages in the social media posting section. When I post, I have to leave the site to find the social handles of the people/businesses that I’m trying to tag. If it could auto populate like it does in the social media sites that would be amazing! More lead ad options other than just Facebook. Integrate with AirTable!

• Reviewed on 16/07/2021
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2021

"Constant Contact is Expensive and Missing an Obvious Feature"

Comments: Constant contact is not the easiest email marketing software to use if you're new to email marketing. It's also one of the more expensive options out there. It does a good job with what it does but it could be more intuitive to use.

Pros: It has a lot of capabilities and helps you manage your marketing communication fairly well. There are a ton of uses for everything it can do so you shouldn't need to look outside this app to handle your marketing, but unfortunately, you do.

Cons: Constant Contact is missing a feature that it used to have. It no longer integrates with WordPress Blog Notification automation. You have to sign up for a third-party software that is quite expensive in order to do this. Constant Contact should realize that a lot of companies are marketing website posts and website updates in order to increase traffic back to the site.

Michele M.
Owner, Editor, Publisher
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business"

Comments: Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Pros: Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

Cons: As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Violeta A.
Marketing Manager
Computer Hardware, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2021

"Good platform for email campaigns"

Pros: What I like most about this platform is the fact that I can classify the list of subscribers according to my needs. When sending email campaigns, I can select which group to target instead of sending it to all of my leads. Their analytics is very clear and easy to understand. They provide tips to improve campaigns and stats to measure your effectiveness on each campaign.

Cons: I wish this platform would have more innovative features to make more powerful campaigns. For example,
adding videos or gifs. I usually design my campaigns on Canva and then add it in Constant Contact as an image because their designing tool is very limited. It will also be very useful if they would add a link for calls as they do to direct people to websites and emails.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2021
Erica S.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2018

"It keeps getting better!"

Comments: Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Pros: Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Cons: It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand. At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand. Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2018
Daniel A.
Marketing Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Super easy to use, less functionality that Mailchimp but not necessarily a bad thing"

Comments: We use Constant Contact for marketing, admissions and development emails. We recently made the switch from MailChimp to Constant Contact because I, as the primary user, was wanting something that would be less labor-intensive. While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand code anything. Additionally, it seems to provide a similar experience regardless of browser. With Mailchimp we kept having diplay/layout issues with recipients viewing in Outlook 365 on a PC.

Pros: It's simple. Drag and drop editor is dummy proof. Very simple to build emails and automations. Ability to do emails with multiple columns.

Cons: Not able to do edge-to-edge designs and the footer is less customizable than our previous email software (Mailchimp)

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Meher M.
Development Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2021

"Great tool for outreach, easy to learn"

Comments: Its easy to use once you get the hang of it, its user friendly, its cost effective, and their customer service is excellent.

Pros: It's effective in it's data measuring, I like how I can view data in multiple ways to help me make the right decisions for my organizations marketing initiatives. I also like that I can make my own templates and embed them in. The mobile and desktop version formats are both also excellent.

Cons: Its not as smooth sailing from the get-go as other softwares like mailchimp. There's a bit of a learning curve with the pre-available templates and the space to work isn't too big.

Jennifer M.
partner
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Have made some nice improvements"

Pros: We've been using Constant Contact for a number of years for our email marketing efforts. The interface is easy to use, although a bit glitchy at times, and I have seen a number of platform upgrades as well. I like the ready made templates available which come in handy when needing to put together an email quickly. The analytics provided are good, although I can't comment on how robust they are given this is the only platform I have ever used for email marketing. The addition of some email automation has been nice as well. Also, the recently added inbox previews has been nice to help tighten up subject lines and formatting.

Cons: Sometimes I've noticed the interface can be a bit glitchy when building an email. The buttons used for changing background color and making edits can be elusive at times. I also don't like how there is no search function for finding sent emails by name. I know you can filter emails by date sent and categorize them in folders but it would be nice to be able to search by an exact email title.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Adam B.
IT Operations Specialist
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2021

"Get up and running easily"

Comments: Overall, I like their niche. They are not trying to be something they are not and they have made huge improvements over the years to the GUI Interface.

Pros: The ease of making a custom email was exactly what we were looking for. We send out a Holiday greeting each year (we buy 2 months worth of CC every year). Once we have made a solid contacts.csv file the rest is really drag and drop. Also, a CC representative threw in a sample email that looks like our website...it was pretty neat, but not Holiday appropriate. Overall, our Holiday email goes out without a hitch and we get some nice reporting on the back-end that helps us for next year.

Cons: My only pet-peeve is if you want to cancel the subscription, you have to go through a sales rep. Slightly annoying in our case. However, all the reps were friendly and low pressure. We were able to cancel in one phone call.

Melissa T.
Administrative Assistant
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Has been a lifesaver!"

Comments: Overall, we really have enjoyed the ConstantContact app. As I mentioned earlier, it has proven invaluable to us on more than one occasion when getting vital information to the congregation was time sensitive.

Pros: I really love the fact that if we have a church announcement that just HAS to go out immediately, ConstantContact can get it out to our entire congregation within 3 minutes of my sending it. They also have wonderful, friendly, customer service.

Cons: There are some minor issues with user-friendliness and ease of navigation. The interface should be a little more "simple" for those of us who are not totally comfortable with using a publisher.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Akande D.
Akande D.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2020

"A simple and robust solution for Email marketing"

Comments: Constant Contact is a great solution for smaller organizations that have simple email marketing needs. They do what they do very well and offer a solution that is easy to learn and adopt within smaller organizations. I would definitely recommend it to small businesses or non-profits.

Pros: Constant Contact has a very clean interface and a dashboard that makes it easy to navigate and learn. When compared to other solutions like Mailchimp, I found Constant Contact to be more intuitive and simpler. Our client was able to adopt it quickly where they struggled with other solutions.

Cons: Constant Contact's List set up is not very robust and is somewhat limiting. Their email builder is very structured as well, which can be good for some, but can be difficult to navigate for more custom email builds or email builds that leverage dynamic content.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2020
Community Engagement Manager
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Good alternative for email marketing"

Comments: We are able to send out weekly newsletters to our clients as well as segment audiences easily. Constant contact was able to give us a custom invoice that we requested.

Pros: Constant Contact is easy to use and intuitive. It's simple to set up new contacts and campaigns, and can do so quickly.

Cons: The interface looks a bit dated, and there's not ability to incorporate video or gifs. The site freezes at times when creating a campaign.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Kristen C.
Director of Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Email Contacts"

Comments: My overall experience with Constant Contact has been wonderful. Constant Contact allows me to reach a lot of individuals in a short period of time and helps ensure that all contacts ar maintained in one database.

Pros: What I like most about this software is the ability to reach a lot of client, customers, vendors, donors, etc., quickly as well as the ability to locate contact information on these individuals from any point intime in which we interfaced with them. The software helps us ensure effective and timely communciation which drive donor retention, fundraising, enrollment, etc. Constant Contact is an essential investment for all nonprofits.

Cons: What I like least about this software is that it does not recognize duplicate individuals; we have to screen and purge those entries ourselves.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Grace H.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"Send out professional looking emails securely and with a good delivery rate."

Comments: Constant Contact allows me to easily send professional emails to my clients and readers without worrying about leaking their data out or delivering viruses to their inboxes.

Pros: The email design features are awesome, and adding pictures is pretty easy. You can build your own library of photos to use. Designing and changing email templates is quite straightforward, and fully customizable with colours, fonts and 'blocks' of type such as main feature, coupon, etc. I have only used customer support twice and they were cheerful and helpful. Almost every email brings one or more bookings so I feel using this service is worth the price. It's also easy to manage your email lists and CC helps guard against repeated bounces by sort of quarantining those email addresses to protect you from a poor sender reputation, which is important with ever-tightening SPAM regulations. There are upgrades available, should you want to send out forms or questionnaires to your list too.

Cons: It is an expense for a small business, and the bigger your list the more it costs. Every once in a while the formatting goofs up and can be frustrating, and copy/paste formatting is sometimes a bit challenging. But the folks at CC work at that all the time and it's improved greatly over the years.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2018
David Y.
IT Director
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"Use a little or a lot, up to you"

Pros: Constant Contact is a very professional, comprehensive and full featured product that small or large businesses to create and manage communications and campaigns, email and others, multiple segments, householding, deciling and many other features/functions to conduct your interactions with perspective customers, existing customers, etc. The templates, as an example can be simple, text based or complex, interactive HTML (web) forms, it's up to you on how easy, simple or complex you want to invest your time and resources towards.

Cons: Prepare to require training. If you or your staff have never conducted communications of this magnitude, make sure you allocate time to learn the system and use it fully, otherwise you will find yourself spending considerable money to use a platform for such simple use cases that other tools might have served you well at a much lower price point.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Evelyn K.
Front Office Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"Constant Contact allows me to share our business marketing material in a rapid and professional mann"

Pros: Contant Contact makes it easy for us to send a quick e-mail out to our members. They have everything set up for you, so that you can upload a document, image, and/or video. I love that they give you the option to change the background colors and schedule days and times for the e-mails to be sent out. I love how reliable this software is when it comes to importing contacts and making sure our clients receive the emails on time, I love the statistics it provides us. That has definitely helped our organization improve. Constant Contact is the way to go!

Cons: The new update is a little more time consuming. I have been using Constant Contact for 2 years and getting used to the new update has been a bit frustrating. I also wish there were more templates for the buttons. Such as "click here for more", "register here" and etc. I think that would be a great addition.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Joseph P.
Executive Committee Member
Political Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2021

"Constant Contact Connects Us"

Comments: Constant Contact makes it easy to connect with our base on a weekly basis. We send out a weekly newsletter, that is getting more and more noticed and our list is growing. It allows us to segment our list as we see fit, and if we have a question, there is alway a real person we can talk to.

Pros: The platform itself is really easy to use, but the thing I like most is the customer service. Sometimes you just need to be able to talk to an actual person, and with Constant Contact, you can do that.

Cons: Constant Contant pretty steadily adds features, so I don't think there's anything missing per se, but it would be nice if they added a way to cold-email businesses. It would also be able to do a re-send to non-openers that goes out immediately rather than days later.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2021
Client Services Coordinator, Capital Markets
Real Estate, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2019

"Great Marketing Resource, Templates Could Be Better"

Comments: I use Constant Contact multiple times per week to market listings for a sales team. This option has allowed us to reach more contacts than other platforms and increase our visibility in the market.

Pros: Constant Contact is EXTREMELY easy to use - it is fairly straight forward and fool proof. The customer service may be the greatest I've ever experienced with any company. Every single person I have spoken to is so nice, so knowledgeable, and quick to help me out.

Cons: The features for creating layouts is really basic - there are no tables and you are limited to the pre-made columns/sections which can be incredibly frustrating. For instance, if I have five people I want to list at the bottom for contact, I have to do a row of 3 and a row of 2 which gets big and cumbersome. There are limitations to how tall certain tools are which again make the email campaign longer than necessary. The reporting section could use some help, its not easy to navigate or understand. The reporting section is prettier than it is informative.

• Reviewed on 02/01/2019
Bre M.
Advocacy Manager
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Easy Way to Send Communications"

Comments: Overall, I've been very happy with Constant Contact. The system allows me to store sufficient data and create multiple groups to send messages to. The system also sends communications quickly and offers some basic metrics to track efficiency. For my needs, it checks all the boxes.

Pros: I am a writer, not a designer, but I frequently need to send newsletters that appear professional and polished. Constant Contact makes it easy to format content into an aesthetically pleasing format without a ton of effort on the part of the user. I can easily plop in images, text, and the like, and the system will automatically center, figure out spacing, and all the other things that make the message look neat and clean.

Cons: The footer on the end of messages is more noticeable than ones from competitors. It is very clear that messages come from Constant Contact once you scroll to the bottom, despite the sender info and subject line making it appear like the message came directly from an individual. It does seem more spam-y than other messages, but the ease of sending to groups makes up for this in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Communications & Community Services Coordinator
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Constant Contact: Email Marketing Made Easy"

Comments: Constant Contact is a GREAT tool for designing emails quickly and easily. At the retail establishment I worked at that used this tool, we were able to create beautiful emails announcing new products, inviting clients to events, sharing sale info and more. Constant Contact allows you to include video and links to social media, and comes with a plethora of premade templates to make things especially easy for users. The tool definitely saved time and money and was effective for getting people into the store to make sales. Constant Contact also gives you the ability to manage your email list, remove people whose emails may have bounced or who wish to unsubscribe.

Pros: Constant Contact is a convient way to create beautiful emails to send to a host of contacts. I have used the tool personally for email marketing for retail businesses. Constant Contact allows you to easily manage your contact lists as well as design beautiful, professional emails to send.

Cons: Some of the features are a bit hard to understand and take some practice to get used to. Changing colors of pre-set templates is difficult for a beginner. I also found that sometimes my emails would look different once I sent them then they did in the Constant Contact interface. These small changes weren't detremental to the email's message or anything and maybe customers wouldn't even notice them, but I found it frustrating having put thought and time into the placement of each item.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Mildred m. T.
Mildred m. T.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Email marketing with excellent support"

Comments: Excellent product that integrates well with overall marketing workflow. The support is prompt and it is solid technically.

Pros: It is easy to use and provides templates to make your emails easy to create and have built in mobile design. There is help with expanded hours that will assist you with creating emails, list management and any other issue you have. I consider this a major plus because there can always be questions and with support, saves you time. The reporting features are outstanding. You can see who is opening what and what links they are clicking on, to name just a few reporting features. Also, you can now personalize subject line and add emojis. New features are always being added.

Cons: More templates are always being added, but could use a few more for holidays.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Derek D.
Communications Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"A Valuable Marketing Partner"

Pros: The reporting/analytics and segmentation feature have both become imperative for our team in identifying communication preferences of our subscribers/members.

Cons: I wish there was a more robust email template library, particularly mobile friendly options. Also, the pricing structure is based on how many email addresses you keep in your contact list so it can become an expensive option for organizations with large memberships.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Levi G.
Missionary
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Streamlined Connection"

Comments: Constant Contact continues to be a blessing at the ministry. It’s been a positive tool.

Pros: I like that the software allowed us at the ministry to rapidly add the contacts from our past lists. It helped us to create regular updates and post to all our social media pages. In essence, we were able to get the word out quicker.

Cons: The monthly subscription cost of the software would increase after our email list grew to a certain number. That was a bummer, but necessary I suppose.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Courtney W.
Co Owner
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2021

"Great email marketing platform!"

Comments: My overall experience with this platform has been great. Our email campaign and overall site traffic has increased since implementing. I would definitely reccommend it to anyone looking for an email marketing service.

Pros: I love the constant contact platform. It's very easy to use and allows for seamless email marketing creation and distribution. Managing multiple lists is super simple. Also seeing the diagnostics of who reads the emails and where they click is super helpful when campaign building.

Cons: Sometimes the templates can be a little finicky. However, there are work arounds that are shared via tutorials and forums. Which are very helpful!

Greg G.
Account Executive
Banking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2018

"New User to Constant Contact"

Comments: I said in my PROS for the software. A good value and love the templates in a pinch. They can really get you out of bind if sales or marketing suddenly decides a need for a mailing in an hour. Saved me many times. I do like the overall format and the timeliness of the mailings when you set up your mailings to go out in the advance . . great job!

Pros: I recently took over the mailing and marketing for our company. Pretty much had a crash course from previous person in charge of it. Found it pretty easy to use once I figured it out. The templates have saved my life for 'on the fly' mailings. Pretty easy to go in and customize the template already close to what you want but want to add your person company or touch to it. I really appreciate the effort that goes into the templates. Also, found that the mailings go out when they say they are going to go out - a real nice feature!

Cons: Understanding and navigation buttons can sometimes send you into a tizzy . . they need to work on some flexibility to size when adding a picture or custom logo. Usually have found work around but not a lot of room for error. Also . . the preview is not really a preview. The email can sometimes actually look a little off . . not bad but a small error now and then can be frustrating.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2018