Filter by:

• Overall

About RDPWin

The most customizable property management software on the market.

Learn more about RDPWin

CEO I Founder in US

Multi-Ownership Management Features

4 4 years ago

Pros:

This software has a the unique ability to track and run reports for individual units. If you are using Property Management System to rent/lease multiple units that have different ownership structures this is great software to do so. Great value for any small-mid size property that is looking to update old software.

Cons:

Up-front costs are much lower than other PMS for hotels but this system requires you to host on your server. There was no cloud options for running the software (This may have changed since we put this system in place in a hotel setting in 2011 and used it until 2013).

Resort Data Processing Response

4 years ago

As of 2013 we do offer cloud solutions as well as great value compared to other cloud based PMS systems.

Director of Guest in US

RDPWin review

5 3 years ago

Comments: The ease of use was amazing and I would recommend it to any sort of business that needs a reservation programs.

Pros:

It is very user friendly. I like all of it features. Great for camp and conference centers.

Cons:

Honestly, there was not anything I DoD not like about it. I was sad when my company switched to Camp Brain.

Jenifer M.
Director of Revenue and Ecommerce in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

Great for independent hotels and resorts!

4 3 years ago

Comments: We have seen an overall increase in guest satisfaction and revenues with the addition of the itinerary items.

Pros:

This is the second hotel that I've worked at that had RDPWin. It is easy to train with and easy to learn, with flexible functionality so that it fits a variety of properties. My current property is 55% group guests and 45% transient guests. RDP makes it easy to allow for multiple pricing tiers for groups, while still offering packaging options for our leisure travelers.

Cons:

The reporting features are clunky and are not easy to use. I would prefer it if it had better group pacing and historical reporting, and if it was easier to find data quickly.

Heather Z.
Heather Z.
Vice President in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

A quality product that is easy to use. Great customer service.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Very adaptable and easy to use. Great service.

Pros:

The software has a lot of adaptability. There are a variety of features for both small and large properties. A very large selection of reports is standard and they are all customizable. They offer a mobile booking engine that is easy for guests to use. The support has always been excellent and fast.

Cons:

More expensive than other options. The billing feature for groups and companies needs to be streamlined and easier to use.

Kim W.
Director of Marketing in Canada
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees

Great program

5 3 years ago

Comments: I have used RDPWin for over 10 years, with two different companies, both of which sell timeshare and have multiple properties. RDP fits the bill for us with multi locations and different types of inventory - regular hotel/timeshare and fractional

Pros:

The fractional and timeshare components. If you have multi purpose inventory, it is excellent to use.

Cons:

Crystal reports - it is hard to create a custom report unless you are familiar with Crystal reporting

Tiffany S.
Assistant General Manager in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

The support staff is very responsive. If we have a problem they always make sure I resolve it

5 4 years ago

Comments: I understand front desk much better

Pros:

ease of use, support, menus are easy to navigate. The display is clear and I like the fonts. It loads quickly. I also like the feature that extracts data and then lets me create an excel spreadsheet.

Cons:

hard to correct after guest checks out. The support staff is good but sometimes they go to quickly when explaining something.

Alison A.
Guest Services Manager in US

RDP is pretty easy to navigate.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

I love how simple it is to use. Very easy to train new FD agents on. The tape chart is a great feature.

Cons:

Tracking who touches what in a reservation. Not the biggest fan of the Crystal Reports, however I could use more experience in this area and then my opinion could change.

Jennifer F.
Manager in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Great software program for any industry!

4 3 years ago

Comments: RDP allowed us to have a rental program that is specific to our needs without having to built one ourselves. Their support staff is outstanding and always quick to help with any questions or issues.

Pros:

RDP allows you to customize their system to your needs. They can build specific reports just for your business and set up any kind of rental plan that fits your needs.

Cons:

The system controls and functions can be difficult to figure out yourself.

Cindy L.
Property Management Director in US
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Long time customer

Comments: I love RDP and would recommend to anyone

Pros:

Very easy to use and train staff on, work order program is the easiest and fastest I have every seen.

Cons:

I wish it would allow for multiple owner emails and even guest emails

Sean M.
Director of Sales in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

Not the best at what it does, but it still functions.

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I liked the ability to put notes virtually everywhere, and it was very easy to keep track of guest issues within the software. Inventory was accurate and the check in process is seamless.

Cons:

Too many screens, can be difficult to navigate. I don't know if it's an issue with the software or not but ours locked up a lot and didn't play nice with POS systems across our property.

John M.
GM in US

Modest improvements over the last few years

3 4 years ago

Comments: reasonable cost

Pros:

1) Online Booking 2) Yield Management Capabilities 3) Ability to Build Package Rate Codes 4) Ability to Create and Merchandise a variety of room types.

Cons:

1) No clear process for working through issues with 3 rd party platform. Most of the 3rd part vendors to not have a specific contact at RDP to work through problems. Currently if the is an issues the vendor points the finger at RDP. RDP points the finger at the vendor and the custom must facilitate the process. 2) Online knowledge base is difficult to use and search. It is not always updated and very difficult to search

Thea L.
US
Hospitality
Used the Software for: Not provided

Terribly slow, expensive to maintain

1 7 years ago

Pros:

It emphasizes accounting and owner features, which is key in a Condo Hotel environment. Since switching, I miss some of the automation they included for the EOM Owner accounting. But that ease doesn't offset the labyrinth they make of guest accounting, guest statements, daily reports, etc.

Cons:

It's terribly slow to use in multi-station environments on a network. The reporting is awful and impossible to customize; there are tons of reports, but few of them are what you would want or need. The work order modules are a joke, as is the associated billing feature.

Barry Response

7 years ago

Our system is very fast when the hardware is working correctly. Unfortunately, sometimes a customer will have a bad network card or switch that causes problems. Our support department will attempt to isolate the problem, but this is often not possible without help from the local hardware installation company. We have customers with over 100 workstations with excellent performance. The system has over 400 reports, and provides the ability for the customer to select which ones they like and only have those appear on their menu. Each customer finds a different set of reports useful. Each customer should review the available reports and then select which ones they want to appear on their menu. There can be one report list for reservations, another for accounting, etc. We frequently talk to customers about needs and enhancements. We also will add custom features as needed. Our "platform" uses the latest technology, including incorporation of mobile devices.

Jordan H.
Front Office Manager in US
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

works but is not without its kinks. Rates changing randomly, updates cause more problems than solved

3 4 years ago

Comments: I could check guests in/out of hotel

Pros:

The software is relatively easy to learn and navigate. functions mostly as it should. staff is friendly when available

Cons:

No real 24 hr support without fees. Cant even upload a support ticket on the weekends or overnight which is kinda ridiculous.

Resort Data Processing Response

4 years ago

Hi Jordan, We do have our support portal open 24/7. While we do charge a fee for after hours calls you could submit a ticket and we will assist you as soon as we can, often within the next business day.

Mark D.
IT in US

Very in depth abilities

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It is not a cookie cutter solution. It allows for multiple room styles and owners. Support is very helpful.

Cons:

Slowness of fully implementing 64bit support for interface modules. This has been improving this spring

VP Revenue Management in UK

A Good upcoming and easy to learn the system

4 3 years ago

Pros:

This system is super easy to use and has great flexibility. It is so good when it is time for us to create specific packages. It has really helped us in achieving more for our hotel and all of my colleagues are very comfortable using this. The reporting function is also a great addition.

Cons:

Some key areas within the reservations process are not complete, it is workable but it would be good for them to continue to develop more to make this available.

Nick K.
Controller in US

RDP

4 3 years ago

Comments: Detailed!

Pros:

Range of reports

Cons:

No direct integration with QuickBooks.

Allan R.
President in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

It's OK

3 3 years ago

Comments: No more than our old custom system.

Pros:

It works and seems to be pretty reliable.

Cons:

Accounting issues. Lack of flexibility. Time it takes to get things done. Unsolved issues with certain features.

Sarah A.
Housing Coordinator in US

It is good for hotel reservations, but I don't like the interface and it is not user friendly

1 4 years ago

Pros:

The tape chart, the ability to create customized reports, I also like the ability to send out emails directly from the software.

Cons:

The interface looks awful. I would love to see a more modern interface. I also hate how not user-friendly it is. It is not an intuitive software.

Greg G.
IT Director in US
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Software success

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Not much to dislike its great, very flexible, scalable. Support is spot on

Cons:

wish it was free, but you get waht you pay for

Michael B.
US
Hospitality
Used the Software for: Not provided

Easy to Use and Great Customer Service

5 7 years ago

Pros:

It's easy to use and the customer service is great! Everything is windows based and navigates very easily. If I ever have a question, RDP's support staff is always there to quickly provide assistance.

Cons:

I don't have anything negative to say. RDP always provides excellent customer support and assistance.

Product Manager (Growth, Operations, Risk) in US
Computer Software

This product has transformed my property rental business

5 4 years ago

Pros:

It's made it super easy for me to expand my property rental business. I love it so much I've told other property managers in my area.

Cons:

It took a while for me to get up & running with this software. some additional implementation support would have been helpful

Darcy L.
General Manager in US

RDP

3 3 years ago

Comments: RDP support and staff has always been extremely responsive.

Pros:

The system is fully integrated with housekeeping, reservations, maintenance, accounting, front desk and data, features. Everything is easy to access and the data analysis/stats reports are extremely useful. Owners can also access to book their own reservations, check work orders, etc. Mobile app is good as well and info is easy to load.

Cons:

Software is server based. Every time there is an update/upgrade, we experience problems. We are still experiencing problems after our upgrade to version 5.0 and these upgrades are expensive. I would also like to see a brief training program from RDP after the upgrade at no charge. I take issue with the fact that RDP charges for "training sessions" and they are extremely expensive (training should be part of the purchase of and upgrades to the software). Loading rates, rate plan cutoffs, discounts, rate tables, is a tedious chore and takes an unreasonable amount of time to accomplish and because of the numerous steps involved, errors occur. The software is "inflexible" in many areas such as the inability to make adjustments to a reservation after the reservation has been "checked in" to the system.

General Manager in US

RDPWin software review

4 3 years ago

Comments: The overall experience has been positive. The sales people are pleasant, honest and capable. We realize PMS software is a necessity in the lodging industry and RDPWin does everything we need it to do. Never have had a crash, glitch or hiccup when looking strictly at RDPWin. Integrating with POS systems is a different story. That has not been a positive experience.

Pros:

RDPWin has helped our lodging facility track overall performance more efficiently than before. Their reports (via Crystal Reports) are clear and concise and provide management with up-to-date statistics needed in the industry. RDPWin is fairly easy to use. The software is reliable and functions properly.

Cons:

The software is dated, needs a fresh, modern look and should move to integrating cloud-based POS systems to adapt to today's market. RDPWin should think about making an all-in-one system that incorporates a POS (like Oracle) to help lodging facilities as a whole. Tech support could be more willing to please the consumer.

Assistant General Manager in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

It is okay, does what we need

3 4 years ago

Comments: It is easy to learn and maintain

Pros:

It has multi-functionality for guests, it has ease of use when checking guests in and out. The in-house stats screen and the availability screen are very helpful tools. The amount of reports that can be created for the individual properties is also a GREAT feature of this system. The emails for "Tip of The Day" are awesome!! I have learned so much through these helpful emails!!

Cons:

Too many options , it has a lot of glitches. You cannot add a guest name . To add a guest you have to create a reservation, this can be time consuming. Company fields are group fields instead of being separate. When balancing inventory you have to pause the entire system and every department to accomplish this task which in a 211 room hotel is cumbersome.

Theresa K.
Director of Sales & Marketing in US

RDP is a flexible software product for the vacation rental business.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

The flexibility of customizing the software through use of switches and other custom configuration settings makes it easy to use new features or keep them offline. RDP puts these settings in the hands of the user so you can make changes as necessary. I have also had great experiences with support. If necessary I am able to speak with a senior technician to get any issues resolved timely. They do a great job of being responsive.

Cons:

The custom configurations sometimes make it difficult to track down bugs, duplicate the issues, and get them reported. The system needs more rate & yielding capabilities to keep up with the current trends in revenue management.