15 years helping British businesses

About Zeffy

Zeffy is the only zero-fee fundraising platform for nonprofits. Trusted by over 25,000 NPOs across North America.

Learn more about Zeffy

Pros:

Cons:

I only wish we could use it for more services, but no doubt that will come.

Zeffy ratings

4.8
4.9
4.5
5.0

9.8/10

Zeffy has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 347 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zeffy before?

Maude
Maude
Founder and Artivist at Large in Canada

Saving more than money

Comments: Zeffy has changed the way that I do things - it has made my life so much simpler. By having everything on Zeffy, I can take care of so many things in just one place, and in a more intuitive way than some other platforms. The staff have been helpful and friendly. Seriously, Zeffy has saved my sanity and renewed my ability to focus more on the work I do rather than scattering my energy every which way.

Pros:

I love how Zeffy has made my work life so much easier in many ways. I can manage my email list, send messages to different segments, tag individuals and their interests, sell tickets to events, collect membership fees, and track income and engagement throughout. Best of all, I can do all of this (and more) without having a portion of our income being snatched up by a supposed 'ally' of non-profit organizations.

Cons:

There is nothing that I dislike about Zeffy. I love that they have regular introductory workshops that you can join to learn how to use the platform. It still took me a little bit of time to learn some of the ins and outs of the program, but I feel confident that, if I had a question, they would answer it quickly.

Martha
Volunteer in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy is free and perfect for nonprofits!

Comments: A small learning curve but that was was to be expected. That being said I was up and running with links to three campaigns on my GoDaddy website in 8-10 hours.

Pros:

We are a small nonprofit and struggling to fund our mission. Zeffy will allow us to raise money at no cost.

Cons:

Love it and anxious to see the new upgrades.

donald

Disappointed and Upset

Comments: I will file a complaint with the authorities about Zeffy's practice.

Pros:

I do not like anything a bout the way you do business!

Cons:

After we opened an account with Zeffy, within the first two months, Zeffy didn't pay two out of 4 donations we had received. I followed up with customer service and was notified that our account had been canceled because our nonprofit (501 c3) religious charity, which has a spotless record and has been active since 2001, was considered high-risk. No other explanation was provided. Also, it will take up to 60 days to refund the donor who paid two donations. My understanding is this can happen to anybody and not worth it. Once you open an account with Zeffy, please provide all the information they need and receive their approval. If your customers make payments to your business, you still may not receive your money without an explanation, and your account may be canceled without explanation. Your customer refund may take up to 60 days. I don't recommend this company and will file a complaint with the authorities about Zeffy's practice.

Zeeshanali
Zeeshanali
Treasurer in Canada

Using Zeffy

Comments: Excellent experience from a user, administrator as well as customer service

Pros:

Cost effective interactive platform that keeps on evolving Donor management Able to sell tickets for events and fundraise

Cons:

If donors do not contribute to help cover collection cost, Zeffy can limit the amount of collection per transaction

Lauren
President and Director in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

Nonprofits Should Use Zeffy

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Zeffy has no transaction fees! Through another donation platform, I once had a donation of $1250 and only received $1213 because of credit card fees. Zeffy is great because it allows all of my donated funds to go toward my ministry! I also have used Zeffy for several raffles and have created an online store. It was easy to use and customize. Honestly, all nonprofits should use Zeffy and receive their full donation amounts!

Cons:

There really are no cons. If a nonprofit organization does not mind receiving their funds once a week to their bank account, there is nothing to complain about.

Susan
Libraries, 51–200 Employees

Call US LOYAL USERS AFTER 60 Days

Comments: My overall experience with ZEFFY began by setting up the online store for our Eclipse T-Shirts. As sales started pouring in, the confidence in our decision to choose Zeffy grew. The regular emails notifying us of each processed sale were reassuring. And, of course, the weekly deposits into our bank account were the icing on the cake

Pros:

I enthusiastically endorse Zeff’s credit card processing services for non-profits. After our t-shirt sale for the Total Eclipse event, we achieved impressive results. Zeff’s streamlined processing, convenient weekly deposits into our bank account, and comprehensive sales reports have solidified our decision to remain loyal users

Cons:

Setting up all the sizes on the t-shirts was a pain. Also wish the sales tax could be set up separate.

Sophie
Development manager in Canada
Fund-Raising, 2–10 Employees

A secure and friendly using plateform to raise money and save important fees

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great experience with an efficient team.

Pros:

The personalised customer service and disponibility of the team to help set up our account.

Cons:

Sincerly not much to say. There is someone to help out if I need assistance or if I have questions.

Mark
Director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Best reduced fee option for Non-profits tickets

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great experience. We run a non-profit 501c3 organization and we needed a ticketing solution without a lot of fees. Zeffy provided the best solution for us.

Pros:

Ease of use and customer support.I asked 3 questions which were promptly answered within 48 hrs.

Cons:

Lack email customerization. Would like ability to customize the colors of the emails and receipts so they reflect our organization.

Brenna
Director in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Great for Nonprofits

5.0 last month New

Comments: I am very pleased and highly recommend this for other groups like ours.

Pros:

As a small nonprofit educational group, we needed a way to digitize our ticket sales without losing money on fees. Zeffy was the obvious choice, and we've been very happy with not only how easy it is to set up events and ticketing, but how quickly we are paid out as well.

Cons:

There are a few minor issues, but overall it is an excellent product for us. I do wish that there was some sort of search function on Zeffy for people who wanted to find our organization but didn't have the direct link.

Caleb
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

The best all in one nonprofit solution

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

They are friendly and easy to work with

Cons:

Nothing I love everything about them they made my job easier

Suzanne
Executive Director in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Non-profit enjoys no fees for credit card processing and more

Comments: Simplyk has been fabulous for our organization. It has decreased our processing fees significantly and has a very kind dedicated team at the ready to support and trouble shoot.

Pros:

I love that it's completely FREE!! I like the simplicity of uploading "events" for sale and the ease of making changes to them. I look forward to using SimplyK for connecting with volunteers and learning and growing with them as they offer more functionality.

Cons:

I hope that some day users/customers could purchase more than one different event at a time and register as a member so they don't need to enter all of their information every time they make a purchase. I also am looking forward to a better description on credit card statements as well as better options for the donation made to SimplyK - right now it is so high that many confuse it with a tax and some do rarely choose not to donate at all as a result.

Michele
Board President in US

How can you go wrong?

Comments: I did have an issue I needed to contact customer service about. It was after hours, and they got back to me right away the next day.

Pros:

Zeffy's model of absolutely no fees to non-profits is AMAZING. It's very easy to get started, user intuitive, and the donor interface is simple and easy to understand.

Cons:

There's no real reports inside the database, so you do have to download and use your spreadsheet of choice. But, for no fees, I can do that!

Nichole
Office Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Huge asset to non profits

Comments: Having all of our ticketing and donations in one place is fantastic. I look forward to seeing what the changes to the volunteer platform are going to be as this will also be helpful for our company.

Pros:

The platform is easy to use, there are so many functions such as ticketing, promo codes, QR codes, easy to use links to post to our website and social media. I absolutely love that there are no fees, all money earned goes directly to our non profit and we can use more funds to benefit the community.

Cons:

There was a learning curve for some of the features such as promo codes but I think that was user error more than the platform.

Jessica
Founder and President in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Awesome product

Comments: The customer service is excellent!

Pros:

It’s free and takes no fees, it works easily and alerts you quickly of new donors, the spreadsheets are easy to manage and have all the information you need. The customer service is also very quick and lovely.

Cons:

So far nothing is bad. We have been using the product about 6 months and switched from a different product which took out fees.

Cory
Manager of Fundraising & Special Events in Canada
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Five Stars

Comments: Zeffy is an incredible product and has been a real game changer for CMHA Toronto. Donor relations, reporting, and receipting are all vastly improved by this product and the elimination of transaction fees has already saved us tens of thousands of dollars in a short time.

Pros:

I was initially interested in Zeffy due to the promise of zero transaction fees. This is a very appealing feature for donors who always appreciate knowing that 100% of their donation is going to the charity. I had been using another product that charged nearly 5% in transaction fees. I soon began using Zeffy for anything that required a pay portal from the donation page on our website, to campaign pages for third party events. I have also used Zeffy for ticketing, and it has been a flawless experience.

Cons:

The templates can be a bit limiting, for instance if I want to employ a video and info graphic on the same page, you need to click on the box that says 'what impact will this donation have' in order to see the graphic. It's not the worst setup, but it could be improved.

Rebecca
Fundraising Committee Member in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

A smooth transition and ability to tailor to our needs

Comments: My organization had previously used other fundraiser sites including GoFundMe Charity (previously Crowdrise), who decided to strip down their offering and remove almost all functionality. Zeffy was there to respond to those needs and more. Overall the experience was smoother and more tailored to our needs than any services we have used in the past.

Pros:

Zeffy's features and functionality most closely matched our needs, and the fact that there were no fees taken from donations was a huge bonus. It was easy to learn and use, and the customer support was excellent and attentive. With the help of Zeffy my organization was able to meet our ambitious fundraising goal.

Cons:

There was a bit of muddiness in sorting out the event registration vs. become a fundraiser vs. donation functions for some users, so there seems to be something lacking in the clarity of some of these processes and how they are communicated to users (I would have to spend time looking into and asking users for this feedback to be more precise). There was also a technical issue with the site within the first few days of the fundraiser; it did get resolved within a reasonable amount of time but added a lot of stress and extra work on the part of the organizers to deal with the inquiries that came as a result.

Mark
Priest in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Online Fundraising

Pros:

Creating and adding the giving form on our website was easy and well laid out, integration with our bank accounts and options for when deposits happen are ok. Really have not had to spend much time managing the giving once setup it just works.

Cons:

Need some more functionality on being able to make different giving options to the online form.

Tatiana
Annual Giving Manager in Canada

Review

Pros:

Processing Donations and Tickets for event registration

Cons:

Automatic % to support Zeffy is too high.

Marie-Cécile
Directrice administrative in Canada
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

REALLY 100% free and wonderful support

Comments: Easy to use, no more data loss, time and money savvy, community spirit. Love it !

Pros:

We simply love it (no pun intented) ! We can manage all in one software. No more forgetting about emetting fiscal receipts, loosing a participant or their info, etc. All of that and really easy to use with very kind free support. Simplyk is also eager to get our feedback and work on it. We feel we are part of the same team, working together to reach our goal.

Cons:

It is not really cons but more wishes. More possibilities in the back office such as having several users for our account. Also our end users would like to have the possibility to pay by Interac or check for all kinds of amounts as well as by cash. Etc. Simplyk's team knows our wishes and a lot of things are in development so I am very confident to have most of them eventually.

Robert
Vice President in US

BEST Donation Platform For Your Nonprofit

Comments: I looked into various donation platforms and when I came across Zeffy, it seemed too good to be true. A brief note of my background: two companies I have worked for, had created their own technologies and I was the one selected to demo our technologies to our prospective clients and to travel to our current client's facilities to troubleshoot, which is why I look at technology with a critical eye and a forward-thinking mindset. Zeffy passed both my "eye and mind tests" and we could not be happier in choosing them for our donation platform!

Pros:

Zeffy is easy to set up and easy to use for our back-office teams and our clients. We receive 100% of all of our donations. Their event management is EXACTLY what we were looking for and we plan to begin utilizing it later this year. Their help desk is responsive and truly helpful. Not sure if you have ever been sent to a "helpless" desk for problem-solving, which for us is quite frustrating. Zeffy's customer support has been exceptional!

Cons:

We would like for any video to play on the donation screen (where you have the option to select your logo or a video). Currently, Zeffy is only set up to support a short video from YouTube and obviously, our videos are "not short enough", so we cannot play our video, so we display our logo. I do believe they are aware of this and hopefully, in their next technology update, we (and all companies) will be able to display our videos, other than shorts from YouTube.

Ivan
Office Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Excellent for non-profits

Pros:

As a small non-profit it is extremely beneficial to receive all the money you can get and donors still have the option to donate to Zeffy. The tap to pay option has been so useful for us.

Cons:

I just wish the tap to pay option was available on Android phones as well, phenomenal tool.

Karen
Executive Assistant in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Excellent product we'd recommend to any non profit

Comments: Having donors able to set up their own monthly / annual donations has increased our fundraising.Being able to set up events and have people register and buy tickets through Zeffy is a luxury we never had until now.The ease with which it operates is a huge time saving benefit for our fundraising committee.

Pros:

The customer support is excellent, the software is easy to use, and constantly evolving with improvements.The fees we have saved since moving to Zeffy have been a bonus to our fundraising account. Integration is smooth and efficient.

Cons:

None that I can think of, Zeffy works better than I had anticipated and offers more than I expected.

Hayley
Treasurer in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Great platform and service!

Comments: Excellent! Thanks for creating this platform in the spirit of not for profits.

Pros:

Zeffy is easy to use and very helpful for a small not for profit like ours. Having the ability to fundraise without incurring steep processing fees is critical to our mission.We were easily able to create an event page and follow the purchases of attendees. Great platform and will definitely use it for future fundraising events.

Cons:

Can't think of any cons with Zeffy! The only thing for our customers is the automatic contribution amount at checkout - we understand this is how Zeffy is able to provide zero fee platform but the automatic amount can be confusing for some customers. Otherwise, all great.

Julie
Executive Director in Canada
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great solution

Pros:

We used Zeffy to manage ticket sales for our annual fundraiser. We loved that we didn’t lose any revenue to payment service fees. We also enjoyed keeping fundraiser transactions on a separate platform from other revenue streams. It made the financial management of our fundraiser much easier.

Cons:

There wasn’t really anything we didn’t like. We are very satisfied!

Masey
Executive Director in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy is the best donation platform for nonprofits

Comments: Zeffy made it very simple to set up a donation button - we are a very new nonprofit, just starting to grow. Zeffy's process couldn't have been easier to understand or implement. We appreciate you so much, and are telling all of our NP colleagues about you. What a gift to NPs.

Pros:

Easy to use and fee-free. Offering an opportunity to round up or tack on a donation to Zeffy at checkout, Zeffy lets nonprofits keep the entirety of donations, taking that burden away from the NP and making it optional to donors, who more often than not do opt to support the platform.

Cons:

So far, we love everything about Zeffy and do not have anything that would count as a negative experience. it would be nice to be able to manage the program from an app but it's. not critical, and it's more important to us that you remain fee-free even if it means keeping things simpler.