About Captyn

Mobile-friendly registration management software for events, classes, lessons, camps, and clinics.

Learn more about Captyn

Pros:

Not Available

Cons:

Not Available

Captyn ratings

4.8
5.0
4.8
4.9

9.8/10

Captyn has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 9 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Sort by

Have you used Captyn before?

Chad
CEO/Co-Owner in US
Sports, 11-50 Employees

Great Product! Even Better Customer Service!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Captyn is phenomenal. The product is top notch. However, what's even better is the incredible customer service provided by Captyn leadership. I value being able to pick up the phone and/or getting a quick response time from an email. These guys get it! They provide the highest quality of customer service that I've seen in the 20+ years in the swimming/coaching industry!

Pros:

The product is great - it's easy to use. The ability to use it on phone's and/or tablets is a huge plus. Very customer friendly.

Cons:

Captyn is constantly evolving. It is missing a few small items, but leadership continues to provide updates and bug fixes to make the product better and better.

3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this incredibly positive feedback! We love working with your organization and appreciate you very much!

Jilian
Manager in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees

Captyn is a lifesaver!

Comments: Captyn makes our day to day life easier. All administrative can be done from a phone or tablet, limiting sitting at a computer. We can communicate with our customers quickly and easily. We can edit our offerings at any time. Captyn has made us more efficient. I like that Captyn can be personalized for fit our businesses needs.

Pros:

Captyn has improved our customer experience and made registering for our services simple. The software is user friendly for administrators as well as consumers. Tasks that used to take (at least) an hour now take only a few moments.

Cons:

I have no complaints-Captyn has been so kind to us.

3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this incredible feedback! We are so glad to see you've been happy with Captyn!

Anastasia
Director of Quest Swim School in US

Love Captyn

4.0 last month New

Comments: We've had a great experience with Captyn. Definitely room to improve but the customer service is very responsive and amazing. So thankful we've found this platform!

Pros:

Easy to learn and very organized, clear. Love the links and filter options for looking for classes. I love that it's paperless. LOVE customer support.

Cons:

There are some difficulties with assigning instructors and unassigning instructors easily. Deleting classes that had students in it before is difficult. So maintaining organization of the schedule can be challenging. Also, there is no customer education tools! So, we've spent time developing "how to" infographics for families using the platform. Various

3 weeks ago

Thank you for the positive review! We are so glad we have been able to address these concerns and are thrilled you are so happy using and recommending Captyn. Additionally, we want to thank you for the cons you listed. Your initial reporting of them helped us to improve our user experience, thus improving our platform. As discussed, we're pleased to report that these concerns have been resolved. We love our partnership with your organization and enjoy the open lines of communication with you as we are always striving to put out the best platform possible. We can't wait to show you what is next.

Kevin
Assistant Director of Athletics / Head Men's Tennis Coach in US
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

Captyn for camps, swim lessons, and other class registrations

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall we couldn't be more happy. The staff is responsive and eager to help when we do encounter small issues.

Pros:

It's intuitive to use, but the customer support is exceptional.

Cons:

There are some cumbersome components in the more complicated needs that we have.

3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for these kind words! Good luck to all of your teams this year!

Maria
Team Manager in US

Top Notch Program

Comments: Old fashioned paper lesson schedules that would have to be written and rewritten multiple times. Being tied to less versatile programming because it was difficult to handle a lot of options.

Pros:

Ease of use is my favorite thing! It’s intuitive and leads our customers along quickly through registration.

Cons:

I have no ‘cons’ as this was a game changer for us!

3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for these kind words! We love working with your organization!

Ariel
Director of Communication and Online Education in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Excellent user registration software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Captyn team. They were absolutely wonderful on the customer support front and they were very engaging with the training on the backend. Whenever I had questions they were extremely accessible and made the experience the best that possibly could have been.

Pros:

Ease of user registration, customer support was incredible, training and setup help was great.

Cons:

Sometimes getting to a feature on the back end resulted in me getting turned around. I think the more you use the product the easier it will be, especially if you are running multiple clinics, classes etc.

3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! Glad to see an organization like yours that uses Captyn in such an innovative way!

Logan
Head Swim Coach/Aquatics Director in US
Sports, 201-500 Employees

Incredibly Satisfied

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Unbelievably satisfied and excited to share with colleagues and coworkers that switching to using Captyn can vastly improve their operations and the quality of their work life.

Pros:

It saved me so much time in setting up the program offerings — the whole setup process is easy, surprisingly quick, and thorough. Registration, Day 1 check-in, and payment processing used to be a nightmare every session — to say nothing of the flood of calls, emails, and drop-ins to ask random questions about the program. Captyn has enabled us to cut the time spent on inquiries by at least 90% and let us focus on offering a quality program. Less than 1% of users had problems figuring out the website, and it was user error in every case). Literally 99% of our 500 customers registered with total ease. We’ve received repeated feedback from returning and new customers that the switch to Captyn has made the process so much easier, and I can’t stress enough how much easier it has made my job as the Director.

Cons:

I really don’t have any complaints about the software. It does everything that I need it to do. There are 1 or 2 features that I thought could marginally improve things in my specific case, but they are not necessities at all — just a few things that could save even more time. I am so happy with the software.

3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this great feedback! We love working with your organization! Go Koalas!

Mary
Director in US
Sports, 11-50 Employees

Best registration system for swim lessons

Comments: After years in the swim school business and countless different registration systems/methods, Captyn has streamlined all parts of the business. From an administrative side, Captyn allows for quick account look- up, billing & invoices all in one “paperless” spot. As an instructor, Captyn keeps track of all lessons and allows easy communication with patrons. From a participants angle, Captyn makes finding classes, registering and keeping track of charges so simple.

Pros:

Captyn makes looking up registrations, billing or waitlist spots so easy. Most of my time is spent on the pool deck. So, when a parent has a question about registration, billing, etc. I can help them quickly on my phone or tablet with just a few clicks and without stepping into the office. Captyn makes my job easier!

Cons:

I don’t have a bad word to say about Captyn. The software is easy to use and customizable. Customer support is always willing to help if something goes wrong.

3 weeks ago

Thank you a million times over for these extremely positive words! Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can improve our platform in any way!

Glenn
Co-Founder in US
Sports, 2-10 Employees

Captyn has saved us time and money

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very satisfied with Captyn. From its ease of use, to modern design, to our ever-growing understanding of customizing the sign-up process with products. We're excited about the future.

Pros:

It's intuitively designed so that if we need to, training a new camp [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is simple. It's be very smooth during a transition from another platform, and we've used it now for all our camps.

Cons:

There's always a slight learning curve when moving from one platform to another. With that said, this was a short learning curve, and once done (literally a day), then all has been good since.

3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the kind words! We were so happy to see all your camps and clinics in action on Captyn!