15 years helping British businesses

About Pumble

Team collaboration app with free storage, unlimited messages and users.

Learn more about Pumble

Pros:

Good software for small organization but lacks diff tools integration.

Cons:

Have very limited feature for private workspace.

Pumble ratings

4.4

9.1/10

Pumble has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 188 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Pumble before?

Mark
Mark
Founder in France
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Super solid product with great UI

Comments: Super happy. Was referred to the app by Serbian entrepreneurs years ago - its come a long way since then and made the transitino from Slack really easy.

Pros:

Fast, accurate, good UI, easy to use and setup, cheap, long history and good storage system

Cons:

Can do with some more integrations but not critical to us

2 months ago

Thank you for your amazing review, Mark! We are glad to hear your feedback about Pumble and your transition experience! We will continue to improve our services for our users! Regarding your feedback about integrations, we are always looking to improve, can you let us know more which integration you would like to be added? You may pass on the suggestion directly to our product team here: https://pumble.com/feedback Feel free to also reach to our Support team if you have any additional suggestions, so they can forward it further as well. You can reach them to [email protected] Cheers!

Lee
CEO in UK
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Pumble Never Fumbles

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We really have no issues with Pumble. It is permanently on our phones as well as desktops.

Pros:

Pumble is great for sending quick messages without formality and for swapping files quickly.

Cons:

It doesn't like Doc sharing - it converts the to PDFs.

2 months ago

Hi Lee, Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you find Pumble easy to use! Cheers!

Tom
CTO in Poland
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Pumble as affordable slack

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's cheaper slack and sometimes it's kinda buggy, but overall it is becomes better and better.

Pros:

It provides some of the most important features from slack. Channels with real time chat, calls, file sharing, mentions etc. and it has good security standards

Cons:

Some things do not work as expected. It's getting better over time. When we first started, mobile notifications had common delay. Now it's seems to be fine, but calls on the other hand are not. It is difficult to establish connection (3-5 times) and sometimes it is just easier to switch to meet. There is no a lot of integrations and this is something that we would rly like (example YouTrack, Circle Ci, Figma etc). Also one of the biggest problems is that slack has integrations between servers and this can become for some to much to handle as we cooperate with couple different teams that are using slack. If there would be possibility to connect with people from slack via pumble then I would change my recommendation for pumble to 9

Retail, 11–50 Employees

Best collaboration app for small businesses, startups, and networking professionals

5.0 last month New

Comments: Love it, and have introduced dozens of other professionals to use the free version for their small businesses/sole proprietorships. Pumble helps the multi passionate professionals to compartmentalize and methodically approach the notifications that often invade our screens.

Pros:

It has channels so I can prioritize which topics are urgent to ME. I also like that it does not have an algorithm or ads like Facebook.

Cons:

The cost. I would like to see a more tiered pricing style that supports small businesses of 10 of smaller. The larger companies are more capable of absorbing the cost per seat.

Daniel
Daniel
CEO in Philippines

Excellent Chat App Beats Slack

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Pumble has been a god-send. We have utilized it for consistent communication and overall it's performed flawlessly. We recommend this app to anyone who wants to get a chat communication started. We will continue to use Pumble as our team grows until we find something that we can't get from it and could get elsewhere (nothing yet).

Pros:

Chats that don't disappear! Slack-like appearance without the slack price-tag.

Cons:

Sometimes small bugs, but nothing really that drives me away from it. It is the best out there for our needs.

2 months ago

Thank you for your amazing review, Daniel! We are glad to hear your thoughts about Pumble and for recommending us! We will continue to improve our services for our users! Regarding your feedback about the small bugs, please feel free to reach out to our Support team anytime and we'll be more than happy to investigate it for you. You can reach out to us through this email ([email protected]) Cheers!

Vision Holder in Spain
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Very useful even at free level.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very good. No buggy crashes. Clean interface. Easy to use.

Pros:

Just like Slack, so transition for users is easy. Full featured even at the free level. Making us fans for when we upgrade.

Cons:

Lacking integration with google drive and microsoft onedrive

2 months ago

Thank you for your amazing feedback John! We are glad to hear your thoughts about Pumble! We will continue to improve our services for our users! Regarding your feedback about the lacking integration, our team is already planning to add Google drive and One drive, you can check the status here: https://pumble.com/integrations I'll also add your vote for this integration for our product teams consideration. Cheers!

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Agile, Easy to Set Up, Accessible for All

Comments: So far, we are loving Pumble and happy to see how it will be a one-stop shop for helping our team get things done, communicate clearly, and share vital information and files.

Pros:

So far, we are loving how easy and quick it is to onboard new members and get them up to speed with the features and functionality. The price point is fantastic, and the perks at the pricing tiers are exactly what we need.

Cons:

So far, the integrations are wanting. In order to achieve full efficiency with Pumble, we are needing staples like Google Docs and Drive hooked up. It would be great for there to be a way to schedule events with a native group calendar that could then be integrated into each individuals existing calendars (so that the group can see free blocks of time and schedule meetings quickly/efficiently). And, of course, who can communicate effectively without GIFs? :)

2 months ago

Thank you for your kind feedback! If you'd like to suggest a feature that you'd like to see in the future, please feel free to fill out this form https://pumble.com/feedback. Cheers!

Jacob
Jacob
Founder in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Team Communication Tool for Nonprofits and Small Business

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love the ease of use and the fact that it is similar to that of other tools like it. This makes for a easy transition to Pumble and all of my team members are familiar with the use of it. Creating zero to little learning curve.

Cons:

It is definitely missing the features of tools that are similar to it. But i and my team are patient. The biggest thing missing is the notifications being unreliable. This is detrimental.

2 months ago

Hi Jacob, Thank you for your kind feedback! If you're experiencing issues with notifications being inconsistent, please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can assist with troubleshooting. Cheers!

Ebraam
user experience designer in Egypt
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

A new and useful tool I daily use for my team collaboration

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Having a chat for each project, so that make it too easy to have a separate conversation and assets for each project.

Cons:

The chat capabilities need to be more strong, maybe by having the availability to upload and preview high quality documents and images, and having docs library for each project (chat) that would be great

last month

Hi Ebraam, Thank you for taking your time to review our app, we appreciate your kind feedback. If you have any suggestions regarding the features you'd like to see in the future, please feel free to fill out this form https://pumble.com/feedback. Cheers!

Lazar
Lazar
Founder in Serbia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Pumble helped our grow our community

Pros:

Setting up channels and inviting people to join our community was very easy.

Cons:

The UI wasn't the best when we created a workspace on Pumble, but I can see improvements with every update!

Jess
Nutritional coach in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

More people should be using this!

Comments: If you’re a new business needed to communicate with a number of people, this app is the answer and I feel more people should know about it. Other competitors are charging extortionate rates for similar products and it makes absolutely no sense why everyone isn’t just using this.

Pros:

It’s honestly changed the way I do business with clients - for anyone who’s working with a number of clients in any industry you generally don’t want to always give out your number or rely on common instant message platforms (especially if you want to try and switch off in the evenings) it’s been an absolute game changer for me being able to add all of my clients in and chat to them 1-2-1 at all times

Cons:

I find a lot of my clients get confused during the set up - when I send them an invite they’ll often create their own workspace when I instruct them to join mine. So maybe the joining could be a bit more straight forward from that sense

Nigel
founder & director technology in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Pumble - so far so good but short of a few features

Pros:

Pumble works well using the features it has. Real time chat works well as does thread and direct messages.

Cons:

(Note: using Xubuntu and xfce) No spell correction. Cannot tailor notification sounds. No voice calls, no video calls. "They're coming". Often slows down by end of day (desktop product) and has to be killed and restarted.

2 years ago

Hi Nigel, Thank you for your review! Kindly note that we've added one-on-one phone and video calls to our app and are currently working on group calls. The ability to customize notification sound will also be available in the future. And if you are experiencing any performance issues feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected]. Cheers!

Sajal
Partner in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Finally a product that is a good alternative of in-house instant messengers

Comments: Overall it has been a feature rich experience with Pumble. So much more easy to manage your team and the conversations within the team. File sharing is an added bonus. We have used slack in the past but somehow the UI and UX of Pumble although quite familiar to Slack seems better.

Pros:

Ease of use and the ability to create channels to manage conversations about our projects. The best part is that it can be used on an iPhone or an Android or a Macbook or a Windows PC and even a Linux PC. You are connected everywhere and don't feel left out.

Cons:

There is nothing that we haven't liked about this software so far. If something comes up, I would come back to edit this review :)

2 years ago

Hi Sajal, Thank you for your feedback! Cheers!

Charbel
Owner in Lebanon
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Professionalism

Comments: Pumble is a formal and well organized software that help the company to communicate easily and remotely.|

Pros:

Pumble is a time management software with lots of features.

Cons:

Some of the design sometime make the users eyes tiered.

Research, 11–50 Employees

POV for Pumble

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

I like how pumble let's us personalize our current status.

Cons:

It sometimes crashes and does not open quickly.

2 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for your review! Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected] if you are still experiencing crashes with the app and the team will help troubleshoot the issue with you. Cheers!

Tijana
CEO in Serbia

Great support

Comments: Very satisfied

Pros:

Things I liked the most is actually communication with support team. Whenever I found some room for improvements, I communicated with support team and they mostly had in plan to improve such suggestions or they actually put it as a request and planned it for development. They also informed me they have an update with my request implemented and asked me to give a feedback. Engaging users is very important for product development.

Cons:

I really can't think of any at the moment.

Windyl Joseph
Science Research Specialist I in Philippines
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

An Awesome Free Collaboration App

Comments: It is sufficient for a free collaboration app and awesome being free forever.

Pros:

Its Free Forever! Its easy to setup and use. Its features and look and feel are similar to Slack though not as extensive. But the main features needed are present.

Cons:

Some features for managing the workspace settings are lacking. And preference settings lacks customizability.

Consumer Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Glad we made the switch from Slack

Pros:

We’ve been using Pumble since it launched. Our team is amazed at how responsive their support team is. They’re continuously updating the software, and they really take on customer feedback. This was VERY important to us. We’re pleased to have such a great Slack alternative for less $. We transitioned from their Free plan, to Pro, and now finally to Server.

Cons:

There were a few teething issues in the very beginning that have since been resolved.

krishna
krishna
Associate Trainee in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Excellent business resource and a Collaborative Tool

Comments: It is the best app to communicate with the team working with a big force.
I am talking about the ease and rapid response here.
When my organisation introduces Pumble we were like wow and we learned using Pumble from day one it gets on board it's that easy. I will surely recommend Pumble to everyone out there facing difficulties in communicating with the team.
I loved it.

Pros:

It's simplicity & easiness which you feel using this app and its some features like creating channel, groups, All DMs, thread feature is something which I like the most, This app is something you can't ask for more. Team communication got easier, we can see whether the person is active or not. Any type of file sharing is easier. It can be installed on both phone and the system. We can save notes by sending the documents or credentials to ourselves. like the chat user interface. love the channel sidebar. Simple and effective.

Cons:

It should show the history or a text if the message is deleted by somebody, It gets difficult to find what message is deleted by whom in the group.

2 years ago

Thank you for your amazing review Krishna! We are glad to hear that you're enjoying Pumble and we will continue to improve our services for our users! We will gladly forward your feedback about deletion history to our Product team in order for them to consider it for future upgrades. Feel free to reach to our Support team if you have any additional suggestions, so they can forward it further as well. You can reach them to [email protected] Cheers!

Hannah Thalia
Social Media Manager in Philippines
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Seen on chat

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It's simple and easy to use. That's all.

Cons:

Please put the time when the recipient received the message, or simply put it seen, so we'd know if our message has been read.

Vladislav
BIM consultant in Czechia
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Great things are simple

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to use, fast, you can make different channels, add own emojis etc

Cons:

Sometimes not all notifications are displayed

2 months ago

Thank you for your review, Vladislav! We are glad to hear your thoughts about Pumble! We will continue to improve our services for our users! Regarding your feedback about the not all notifications are displayed, please feel free to reach out to our Support team and we'll be more than happy to investigate it for you. You can reach out to us through this email ([email protected]) Cheers!

Flavier
Data Researcher in Israel
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

Convenience of Pumble

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to use Can be used on mobile phones as well

Cons:

Unable to manually set myself away on the status icon

2 months ago

Thank you for your feedback Flavier! We are glad to hear your thoughts about Pumble! We will continue to improve our services for our users! I'll be passing on your feedback for an option to manually set yourself away on the status icon to our product team for future consideration! In the moment as a workaround, you may set a custom emoji and type in the status 'Away' as an indicator. Cheers!

Tarun
Staff Engineer in India
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Limited Feature

Comments: Not satisfying, I choose pumble because i thought it has many feature and it's free. But the moment i installed, it asked me to Join/create workspace i did and i am limited to chat feature only. No calls, no screenshare, no recording, consume much internet bandwidth.

Pros:

1. Performance 2. It's free 3. Similar to Slack 4. Collaboration can be done easily

Cons:

1. Have very limited feature for private workspace 2. Don't have calling and screen sharing option,, still using google meet for this 3. If your communication is too long,, ( your chat history) then it takes too much time to load your chat 4. Consumes too much internet bandwidth

Ali
Business Development Specialist in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Pumble Review

Pros:

Many of the features offered are similar to Pumble's competitors, but the lower pricing is a definite draw.

Cons:

Drafts to new people are not saved if you click elsewhere in the software, and I am not always notified of new messages within threads.

2 years ago

Thank you for the review Ali! We are glad to hear you're enjoying Pumble and we definitely see how the draft messages could be improved, therefore we will gladly submit your notices as a feature suggestion for the Product team! If there's anything else you would like to give your feedback about, feel free to write us at [email protected] Cheers!

emmanuel
CEO in Uganda
Music, 2–10 Employees

This is Cool

5.0 last month New

Comments: great and I can't wait to discover more

Pros:

The fact that it's easy to use and migrate data from similar tools

Cons:

not sure yet but I can't wait to discover more

last month

Hi Emmanuel, Thank you for your kind review!