Autodesk Construction Cloud Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.2 /5

About Autodesk Construction Cloud

Autodesk Construction Cloud brings together best-of-breed solutions to unite teams to help make construction more predictable and safe.

Learn more about Autodesk Construction Cloud

Showing 1,881 reviews

Billie C.
Budget Mgr
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2020

"Not customer friendly!"

Comments: PlanGrid is an arrogant, self centered company that refuses to be of help when asked. I have recorded complaints with the California BBB and the FTC.
They have a tactic of "BAIT AND SWITCH" when it comes to pricing. Sales rep will tell you one thing....and account mgrs. will tell you another.
STAY AWAY FROM THESE FOLKS, HORRIBLE BUSINESS!!!

Pros: That you can use it without contact with RUDE customer services reps!!

Cons: Customer service is unable to provide support and is RUDE when you do get a hold of someone!!

• Reviewed on 02/06/2020
Georgia W.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2019

"Go to software for coordination"

Pros: It is the universal software for coordinating across MEP/Structural/landscape/lighting reps, etc. The fact that you can export such a variety of file types makes it so much easier to communicate with consultants.

Cons: Tries to bight off more than it can chew, which can overcomplicate the coordination process. The price is steep but since they have a monopoly, the price also makes sense.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2019
Gert-jan D.
Manager BIM
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2017

"Integration of software"

Comments: Experience is good with BIM360 if you use the total cycle of BIM360. Great workflow for design partners (A/C/MEP). I'm a General Contractor and also have to deal with subcontractors, suppliers and partners. they deliver other formats such as IFC files. that's lacking in BIM360 and Navisworks right now. there is no good workflow to engage the partners to the platform. Even so is Issue Management missing. in Design stage it is difficult to track an Issue. then we miss the integration with planning/scheduling software there is no development on:
BIM360 Plan
BIM360 Schedule
the same with:
Quantity Take Off
BIM Model check on standards / BIM execution plan
Rule based checking in the model for example: clash on: swing of the door hits anything in his way.
integration with planning /scheduling to make 4D still images and animations.
there is one in Navisworks I know but it would be great to have that integration with:
Revit model + Partner Models -> Glue -> planning connection with geometrie -> make animations or images/bookwork for realisation stage.
Then data -> cross project data pull out for Quality / Safety advisors and board.
visualisation of that data
And the biggest miss is one single platform login. now its scatered all around single point solutions.
Still waiting for BIM360 Docs to be more mature. Our current document management system is still better than Docs so I can't start implementation of BIM360 Docs if there are some key functionality missing right now.
I'm sorry for the critical notes I made above but I think it's good to be critical and hopefully you can get the benefits of it. And as you might know we love BIM360 and are heavily using it on our projects! keep up the good work and great vision for the future of BIM360! Greetings, Gert-Jan Ditsel - Dura Vermeer

Pros: Design stage integration and workflow
Revit -> Glue -> Navisworks (clash +Model Coordination) -> Field

Cons: no single sign on, no mature Document management

• Reviewed on 06/04/2017
Regie B.
Project Director
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"A Great Tool that saves me tremendous time......"

Comments: When we start a construction project now we invite the entire team. Designers, Owners, subcontractors, and vendors to our project folder. Now we can rest easy knowing that everyone is using the most current documents as the project is constructed. Our superintendents keep their daily reports on PlanGrid. Our safety inspections and meetings are kept on PlanGrid. Submittals, RFIs, project photos, drawings, and finally our Punchlist. It save a ton of time and money having this as a single source to keep all this project information in one place.

Pros: PlanGrid allows me to keep all my construction contract documents all in one place. In the past various versions of drawings, specs, submittals, RFI's, etc would be stored in various places and you could never be sure if you were in fact looking at the latest versions. PlanGrid takes that problem away and when collaborating with your team you can be sure that everyone is operating from the same sheet of music.

Cons: There are a few minor quirks that I have asked PlanGrid's support folks to look into correcting. Over the past few years I have shared many items with them that I would like to see changed or updated. They have most definitely listened and the product continuously gets better. Thanks PlanGrid!

Benno T.
Applicatioin engineer / BIM Specialist
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2017

"Great tool for the whole design phase"

Comments: Easy to use and to start a project. Great tool for the whole design phase in building construction or R&D projects. Also a very fast and on point support. Idea station listens great to their users. Would only like to see more integration with FormIt and other BIM 360 tools. Then it would be perfect.

Pros: That its a very cheap solution for building design collaboration. Which makes it a great option before winning a project. Also because of the easy to use viewer with sectioning and walk-through everyone can use w/o design skills.

Cons: Frequently buggy with C4R w/o fail save for the design team who are currently working. Account management isn't easy because you can't filter contributors and team members. Also you can't see who is in which project from the admin page. And you can edit MS Office files directly from BIM 360 Team, but can't save them back instantly.

David P.
Architect
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2017

"Glue and Field 360 are very useful tools for architects!"

Comments: I have performed the construction administration phase using Glue and Field360 for multifunctional sports complex in Laval, Quebec. I was introduced to Glue and Filed360 applications by our Firm and applied it on a construction site with the general contractor. Training was short and effective. Glue has allowed me to review the specific aspects of the project in a timely fashion. The interface is user friendly and intuitive. It has been very useful for shop drawing reviews. The visual and easy to handle features allowed me and my team to express concepts, ideas and resolve problems during construction. I was in charge of the site supervision for the architect of record firm. I have used the Field360 application for the quality control aspects during site supervision. We were able to review and monitor the progress of the work in a real time manner, in a mostly paper-free environment. I have used the Field on site with an IPad during site visits. I was in the loop of all the communications between the contractor and the sub-trades from the creation of a pin to the acceptance of the corrective measures. I enjoyed using the Glue and Field tools. Both applications are easy to learn, easy to use, adapted to our work and suitable for the speed of a construction site.

Pros: User friendly interfaces.

Cons: Some of the users in the team did not have access to the Field and needed old-fashion paper reports to review and witness construction progress. They needed assistance to handle their comments to suit the Field on line format.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2017
Bryan V.
Superintendent II
Defense & Space, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2017

"Using BIM 360 app for iPad in the field"

Comments: I used BIM 360 field quite extensively on my last project using the iPad. While working closely with Gilbane's in-house BIM team we were able to find many trade clashes before construction even began. I believe the BIM team used Revit to generate the original model but would then upload the most recent model into BIM 360 field. We chose BIM 360 Field simply for the user friendliness with the iPad. The tool that I used most often in the field was the dimensioning tool. This feature was used to confirm layout for various elements of the project since the trades shop drawings were generated from the original model. There were scenarios when, for example, a light was either touching or in extremely close proximity to a duct/ diffuser. In order to direct the correct trade to fix their layout mistake I would dimension from known measurements (Column or Gridline) to the element in question. If there was still uncertainty with the measurement we would use a tape measure to confirm measurements gathered from the model and shop drawings. I could then determine whether the location of the light or diffuser needed to be modified. After confirming layout using BIM 360 and the shop drawings an RCL (Rolling Completion List) item would be uploaded to Plangrid and the correct subcontractor assigned to repair the installation mistake. Really cool stuff! I also used BIM 360 to visualize certain elements or entire rooms of my project before trade contractors were even on site. This helped me be able to "build the project in my head" after studying the Construction 2-d drawings for many hours.

Pros: Ease of use and intuitive nature of the software.

Cons: Navigation through the model was tricky to learn but with some practice anyone can do it.

Dan G.
VDC Manager

"Progressive Design/Build"

Comments: We have been using BIM360 Glue to review and collaborate as we work through design iterations. There have been multiple times where a design model is posted on BIM360 with content that is obsolete and needs to be removed. Since someone added the model(s) in question to a merged model, they cannot be deleted. It would be really nice to have an option to select the model and see a list of the merged model that that model is connected to.

Pros: The ability to use both Navisworks Manage tools as well as the BIM360 tools to review, share and collaborate on resolution options.

Cons: When we zoom out to see the entire project and the gridlines are turned on, it is hard to see the model.

Tony O.
Sr. Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Terrific platform for access to my construction drawings"

Comments: This is an incredibly useful app. The portability of every issue of drawings for the projects that I am working on makes this app so handy for use on my tablet. I have used the overlay feature to figure out a change order many times while commuting on the train. The mark up features and ability to add photos as part of my field notes on a project are invaluable. The same notes and photos added by others make punch lists much easier to complete. I can't say enough about the ability to save specs and approvals and other documents into Plangrid and that makes them just as portable as the drawings.

Pros: Loads fast. Easy to share comments and collaborate. Many helpful commenting tools. Loading drawings is usually quick and easy.

Cons: Android updates come out later than Apple updates. I am an android user and every now and then I cannot access a new feature that Apple users can.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Douglas F.
Quality Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2017

"Overall solid product with few minor changes that could make a major difference"

Comments: I enjoy the ease of use and the dashboard that provides a customized and overall snapshot of the project. I believe it can really help us with our quality initiative that we are trying to establish. The accountability will be important and powerful as will the documenting of issues, pictures, checklists. I am not involved in purchasing so I do not know anything about cost or monetary figures. I would like to be able to have the option of seeing more than 5 titles at a time on the dashboard. For example: I can only see 5 different root causes at a time for comparison but I have over 15 root causes that have been determined. I would like a bigger picture. Also, I wish the reporting was more detailed. With a little extra work I can make a better display in MS Excel communicating more information. I like the daily reporting and checklist functions the best. There needs to be a way to delete an issue while filling out the checklist if an issue is created by accident rather than it flagging as an issue but really it was a mistake.

Pros: Ease of use and navigation. Support is quick to respond with help. Customizable dashboard options that provide a quick visual of past events.

Cons: Reporting seems weak. Task manager is clumsy. not being able to rid of issues while checklist is being actively populated.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2017
Julianne B.
Building Programs Project Manager
Architecture & Planning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Amazingly User Friendly"

Comments: My current project was the first where the Contractor and Architect on board and the punchlist has never been more efficient. The contractor did his thorough punch and then the architect did his and it saved me so much time having their items there on the plan easily visible. I also think it will save my contractor time not having to discern repeated items.

Pros: I love how user friendly PlanGrid is, from downloading sheets and having the software read the page names and numbers and then linking all call outs to their reference to the ability to document information in the field. PlanGrid is always improving and developing. There are so many functions that I haven't even discovered them all yet.

Cons: I wish you could order the sheets in a way that was other than alphabetical, that the user could choose the order. Being able to compare two sheets is so useful but it would be even better if you could compare more. I also wish there was a better way to issue the punchlist to subcontractors who do not use Plangrid. The excel sheet is missing the specific location of the issue and the full print out has ended up being hundred of pages.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Austin T.
Field Engineer
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2017

"Great Product!"

Comments: I am working with a general contractor on a 500,000 SF hospital and without BIM 360 our job would be extremely more difficult! I use the product daily and the BIM 360 Field app is a game changer. Everyone on site has an iPad with the app which makes communication simple. I would recommend this product to anyone!

Pros: The ability to have every drawing right at your fingertips is crucial. This saves tremendous amounts of time and makes communication easier because it allows everyone involved in the project to have their own working set.

Cons: The only thing that I can think of that would make this product better is if BIM 360 Field would sync automatically in real time. This would eliminate the delay of changes or updates made in the field. This is also a very small inconvenience.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2017
Scott B.
Senior Project Manager
Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2019

"BIM 360 Team- Collaboration for Revit"

Comments: If you are looking for a solution to host your revit models in the cloud this is by far the best.

Pros: BIM 360 Team solves the problem of Revit users needing to work from remote locations or allow access between companies not on the same network. This opens the door for much better real time collaboration. Also Save times are decreased significantly and it eliminates the time wasting of uploading and downloading models to ftp sites for consultants to use. It also has web based model viewers and drawing viewers for team members not using revit.

Cons: Is expensive but most likely worth the cost if you can afford it. Because it allows anyone on the team to edit your model that means there is potential for more error. They keep changing the name of the software the latest is now called BIM 360 Docs and it does allow more permission control.

• Reviewed on 07/01/2019
Abigail S.
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2017

"Wanted to like this product"

Comments: We tried to use this program to keep track of inspections and open items on the jobsite. I think the user interface could be a lot more user friendly. I see this program's main use as creating issues and distributing those issues. This could easily be done with an excel spreadsheet.
As far as creating checklists, when you are done creating checklists they auto-populate into one main area. So say we create 1000 checklists, in order to find that one checklist I would have to sort through that pool of 1000. There should be different folders you can put them into or they should populate by trade (i.e. plumbing, electrical, etc.) or by title of the checklist.
This same problem applies to when an issue is created. Yes, you can sort by company, but I don't think punch list issues should be pooled together with field issues. They should be separated by category when you go into the issues tab.
I think there should be a separate interface for Owner's. Owner's should be able to still create field issues or punch list items for the GC, but I don't agree that they should be able to see all other issues created by the GC.
I also don't like the fact that there is an email notification sent for every issue created. Maybe I missed it in the settings, but there should be different settings for email notifications. I was getting sometimes up to 100 email notifications regarding punch list each day. It was a major turn off for me using this program.

Pros: I like that you can add consultants, architects, engineers, Owners, etc. I like the fact that you can add comments and pictures to issues. This makes it effective when using on an ipad in the field. I think the comments should come with a signature so we know who made the comment instead of having to type it manually and it should also be date and time stamped. This is effective in tracking open items and seeing when they are closed.

Cons: Uploading drawings and other documents is a nightmare. There has got to be an easier way than waiting minutes for the drawings to upload and jam up my computer.
The same applies to syncing. It shouldn't take several minutes to sync wirelessly. It was painful having to wait for the ipad app to sync. And if you don't sync you can lose everything if something happens to the ipad. This did happen to some of our team members, painful.

Al P.
Superintendent
Construction
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2015

"The best construction tool since inventing the Level"

Pros: The software is very intuitive and if you can drag and click your halfway there. I love the ability to take a photo and have it on the detail when you are creating an RFI. I've been a PlanGrid since 2013. At first I was the only one with my company that was using plangrid. After showing PlanGrid to upper management they implemented plangrid company wide. Then I changed employers. My new employer was not using PlanGrid so I did a presentation for our entire staff. Now, the new company uses PlanGrid. If I should change employers again, I will take plangrid and encourage the new company to adapt PlanGrid into their projects.

Cons: The only bad thing about plangrid is that it doesn't do the work for me. The biggest failure is that people do not use Plangrid to it's full potential. On projects where we are all dialed in with plangrid, it's great!

• Reviewed on 22/09/2015
Rick W.
Field Superintendent
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Plangrid for the foreman"

Comments: PlanGrid is now used at all our projects; it does make sure all information is to our foreman in a timely fashion not 2-3 day later or stuck in their inbox.

Pros: It is very user friendly; the ease of using the pages are just like reading the prints only faster.
You can navigate to get to a certain detail in half the time if you were thumbing through the drawings.
It also great for documentation of issues that are affecting your production. We can set up the task list and quality control the floor and have it to the GC by the end of the day.

Cons: It would be great if you could send more than one field report at a time from the App.

Doug A.
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2017

"BIM 360 for quality and punchlist"

Comments: I use BIM360 primarily for punchlist and it does a great job of tracking these issues to completion. It is easy to assign responsibility, show the area of concern and follow up with printed reports for field guys to follow. It really makes tracking punchlist more efficient. I also use it daily in the field when I need to see drawings or specifications. Very helpful and easy to navigate drawings even when disconnected from the internet.

Pros: Ease of use. Solid reporting and online review.

Cons: The online setup to look at drawings and specs is terrible. You can't just click on a drawing like you can in the app. Most of my use is in the app, but it would be nice to have good drawing and spec functions online as well.

Derek W.
BIM Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"It feels as though it is a soup up Dropbox."

Comments: Team members have the ability to upload/download files from Glue platform at all times while every single entry is timestamped, making accountability easy.

Pros: Time stamp;
ease of upload from authoring software via built-in API;
Local Navisworks' Viewpoints can be transferred to BIM 360 Glue platform, though it does take a workflow.

Cons: Zoom-in-and-out while viewing every single Clash;
No batch upload option;
Folders collapse every single time after upload or delete of file(s);
Can't easily delete Merged Model if 1 or more linked models are in the prior version of the said Merged Model;

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Daniel B.
Estimator/Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"If you are considering trying PlanGrid, do it!"

Comments: I am SO happy with the overall experience. I am impressed with how PlanGrid continues to improve features and functionality. It just seems to keep getting better and better. The Customer Support is awesome, I love being able to chat with support at almost any given time, and how you can give feedback and request feature changes/improvements and get a response back. Keep up the good work!

Pros: Ease of use is #1. Many in the construction industry are apprehensive about delving into new technologies, but PlanGrid has made it so easy to use, that literally anyone can use it.

Cons: Dragging the screen around in the Windows app can be a little jerky, but it's only slightly annoying. The measuring feature could use some improvements to make it easier to use and more accurate.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Leaf B.
AS Engineering Operations Manager

"PlanGrid Review"

Comments: Easy to track punch list items to resolution.

Pros: Great place to keep, access, and update drawings.

Cons: When completing field reports, you can't go directly to a drawing while inside the report. To access a drawing, you have to completely back out of the field report. It takes 4 steps to get to a specific drawing, and then 5 steps to back to the field report. Should be able to switch directly from open field report to sheets and then back to field report. This is an issue that I've brought up about a year ago, and it still hasn't changed.

Bob R.
APM
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Quality Software for Quality Control and Tracking"

Comments: I have been using BIM360 for almost 4 years. It started on one of my companies largest projects to date. The use was for tracking and reporting of issues that came up as well as designation for items that were ready to ship. I think that the software works really well. You have the ability to attach all forms of documents, fill out and customize many different fields and most importantly, share the information real time with many different direct reports and other departments. This allows for a very high level of detail and documentation and enhance communication so that everyone knows what the status of every piece is. The output reports are pretty nice too, however, they can get rather long depending on the project you are working on. However, you have the ability to customize what gets reported and who it gets sent to on a daily basis. Customer service has done a decent job in working with my company. On occation, the speed at which issues get resolved can be frustrating, but the BIM team does a good job at working through issues. The one main complaint I have is the constant changes and updates. When i first started working with the software, it was awesome, then the first update happened and it all went downhill. It has slowly crept back up, but I don't think it has ever been as good as when I first used it. However, this is specifically speaking in the realm of what I am currently doing, as a whole, I think the software offers a valuable service.

Pros: Ability to attach all levels of documentation, customization, tracking ability, output reporting.

Cons: Picture viewing and editing, updates

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Richard P.
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"Use BIM360 primarily for punchlist and Glue."

Pros: Easily accessed across platforms (phone/tablet/computer). The entire autodesk suite allows us to upload drawing sets, 3D models, and any other relevant documents, review and comment in the field, and then compile and disseminate those comments in the office. Great tool for construction professionals.

Cons: Can take a little while to become proficient in the software. There is a learning curve. One benefit is that there are plenty of tutorials available online to shorten this process.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Brian M.
BIM Designer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2017

"BIM 360 Glue review for division 15 mechanical"

Comments: I use BIM 360 Glue on a daily basis, and am sort of the administrator for glue with my company. I find the functionality easy to use and navigate the models. I would however like to be able to attach PDF's to specific equipment and also create multiple view without crashing the ipad version of Glue. The only other complaint that I have is that the elevation that comes into the properties in glue of a selected item gets rounded to the nearest inch, and in our line of work that is unacceptable. All in all, I think BIM 360 Glue is a great software that is easy to use.. but some additional features need to be included to make for a smoother transition and information access between office and field.

Pros: Functionality, easy of use, easy to learn

Cons: lack of PDF attachment to specific items. too many views make the file to large to be open by ipad version. Rounding of elevation

Nathan R.
Superintendent
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2017

"I love having all my construction documents in a single place."

Comments: It has allowed me to track ongoing issues, have a single point of document management, and a way to share documents with subcontractors.

Pros: Easy to navigate. Easy to educate subcontractors and share documents. This program is very usable and allows me as a user to upload documents with ease.

Cons: I wish I could open multiple drawings and compare to each other. Recently I have had issues seeing the markups on the drawings that we have uploaded to the web version but the markups don't show up on the iPad.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2017
Alan D.
BIM Manager / CAD Manager / Revit Coordinator / CAD Champion
Civil Engineering
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018

"Brilliant program, applications work as expected"

Pros: The applications are user friendly. The use the rule that most items can be selected within 3 clicks. The user learning video's in Glue are good. feed back from engineer are that the program just works.

Cons: C4R only work with Revit and not civil 3d or Robot this is a shortfall of the application. If this was added as a feature this would take a good lead in the market. Some administration extra's would be nice. Such as easy restore and a better rollback feature.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2018