Filter by:

• Overall

About Volley

Fast track design review with quick, visual feedback that gets everyone on the same page.

Learn more about Volley

Samuel L.
Samuel L.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"A handy little app to communicate website change requests"

Comments: We were looking for a simple app that we and the developers could use to easily communicate change requests and to quickly input these into our project management system. Volley fit this need very well since we were able to do this in a straightforward manner.

Pros: We like that it doesn't try to be a million different things. Also since we are working with a lot of freelance developers, and the ease of use is very much appreciated. It is very much like commenting on a Google Doc.

Cons: It is very limiting to only support Jira and Trello for now. We would love to see an Asana integration as well soon.

Thanks for the review Samuel,
As a UX designer myself, I've worked very hard to ensure that the user expierence of Volley is clean and simple. I'm so happy to hear this is resonating with you and your team.

More integrtions are indeed on the way in 2021! We're looking into Asana, Zapier, Monday, Slack and others.

Andreas G.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"This tool saving me 5h time every week"

Pros: It is allways ready exactly at the moment you need it. At the moment you want to report an error, show your subworkers, developers, designers etc. what you see and link everything together.
Instead to take screenshots, open email paste in use some additional software to mark items etc.
This all is in one tool together with kind of chat/commenting system behind.

Cons: I am looking for a way to use it for regular work/maintenance. Already have given that to the ideas and hope it will be on the roadmap soon.

Thanks for the review Andreas,

We're happy that Volley is saving you tons of time every day.

We appriciate that you have made a request on our product roadmap. I can confirm that we have recieved it and are planning to explore.

Have a wonderful day!

Leonardo W.
Leonardo W.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Out of the box solution for webdesigners and collaborative work"

Comments: Very happy with it, it helped us to gather feedback from projects in a more organized manner.

Pros: This is an out of the box solution to improve your workflow with partners and clients from day 1. If you design websites for a living or do some kind of visual work that needs feedback from partners or clients, you need this tool. It's very easy to use, and it will allow you to gather quick feedback about projects , annotations, and visual feedback in any site. Really easy to use tool, better than Userback in my opinion.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like in this app, it's really simple to use and it improved our workflow.

Thanks for the review Leonardo,
We're so happy to have you as a member of the Volley family and to hear that Volley is working well for you. If you ever need anything at all don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Anthony C.
Tattoo Artist / Business Owner
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Worked great for setting up my website"

Pros: My employees could communicate about the changes they needed to make easily and quickly.

Cons: There were too many email notifications.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review Anthony

We're thrilled that Volley is streamlining your communication process.

In regards to the notifications, you can visit the "Notifications" tab in your settings to configure the notifications how you like. Hopefully this is helpful and we'll continue to dial in the email frequency. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Jozsef S.
UX/UI Designer
Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2021

"The best design review tool I've used"

Comments: Really positive, I've been enjoying using it. I look forward to the new versions and features of this software.

Pros: Reviewing live sites and apps has been a challenging task but with Volley, we've been able to simplify the process and give direct and accurate feedback to our developers.

Cons: Reviewing mobile websites (device emulation in Chrome) on a desktop device is a bit cumbersome due to the positioning of the popup overlay. I wish there was a basic shape draw tool (along with the hand draw tool) to be able to hand off more precise review documents. Also, the ability to create groups/folders of projects would make our dashboard more organized and easy to follow.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2021
Herman K.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Nice to play with Volley"

Comments: Some customers communicate with a lot of emails without any structure. With Volley it's more structured and also easy for customer to see the status of open items.

Pros: I before used MarkUp, but that is quit slow and often it didn't work nice.

Cons: Login when using a passwordmanager in your browser it will show the password of the website you are working on instead of the password of Volley.

Chase W.
Managing PArnter

"Amazing Product"

Pros: Takes the guess work out of QA for web builds for our team

Cons: No complaints so far keep up the great work

Lukasz K.
Website Strategist
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Simple and does the job!"

Pros: Fantastic App. Really easy way to communicate website changes with clients. I love the fact that you can leave comments directly on the live site. Resolving comments of a project is simple and intuitive as well.

Cons: The only con is that there is no white label option and no embeddable widget yet, but this will be added soon and then it will be ideal.

by Volley on 17/02/2021

Thank you for the review Lukasz.

We're happy to hear you are finding Volley intuitive.

Yep! Embedable widget is coming very soon and we cant wait to share it with all of you :)

Gina B.
Marketing VP
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2021

"Perfect for clients"

Comments: This has changed our feedback from clients and has made the final revisions process so much easier! we totally recommend using this if you are a designer.

Pros: We love having this as our design companion when sharing web page designs with the clients

Cons: No cons that I can think of, truly. None of our clients have had any trouble getting online.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2021
Content Marketer
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Great way to catchup on developments"

Pros: The ease of use! I mean, the simplicity of using this product has to be its a highlight. When I start working, I want to interact with tools that don't take up much of my headspace and Volley is exactly that!

Cons: Considering it's a feedback tool, more functionalities to record a statement, highlight a text would be appreciated.

by Volley on 22/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review. We're thrilled that using Volley has been frictionless for you.

Glad to hear that more highlight tools would be useful. We plan to explore this.

Raúl S.
Web Designer
Internet, Self Employed

"It´s necesary"

Comments: i receive feedback from my clients in good way. it´s a time saver for me.

Pros: the feedback from my custormers, it helps me to get order on my work.

Cons: i´m waiting the widget... it´s very hard for non technics install de extension, etc... Need more easy start use volley for my clients.

Andrey K.
Andrey K.
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2021

"Good UI/UX, missing a few features"

Comments: I think the process with volley could still be improved, but the software overall is nice

Pros: The UI/UX is very good and pleasant to use.

Cons: Missing the feature to organize and easily share results (send links)

• Reviewed on 27/02/2021
Ben O.
Ben O.
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2021

"A powerful design feedback tool"

Comments: Really good, there are a few client feedback tools in the space and really Volley is the simplest to use. I'm happy with Volley as is, and with forthcoming developments I expect it to become an ever more capable tool.

Pros: Simple solution to getting in browser feedback from clients on webdesign, UX and UI

Cons: Currently, the app uses a chrome extension, this creates a point of friction/resistance for users. Volley are working on a completely browser-based "widget" to solve this issue. At which stage Volley will be even more awesome.

Serita G.
Founder | Cheif Strategist
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2021

"Must Have Workflow Product"

Pros: Volly makes it extremely easy to monitor and request specific feedback virtually.

Cons: I'd love if in the future I could use this product for video content reviews. It would indeed be a game-changer .

• Reviewed on 21/02/2021
Michelle U.
Art Director
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Great in concept! Could use some more features"

Comments: Generally positive, really nice to have the added visual element, but the lack of functionality for ticket organization and tracking is a big setback to me. We traditionally use Trello and tried out Volley for a specific project because the dev team already used it. I think in the future I would stick with trello just because it's much easier to organize.

Pros: I love that the tickets automatically generate a screenshot of the issue and link to that page of the site. I also like that you can draw, attach files, and comment anywhere on the screen.

Cons: One issue for me is the lack of organizational options and ticket management beyond "resolved" and "unresolved." I think there's a functional need to add categorization options so that tickets can be files as to do, in progress, ready for QA, opened, etc. Also, it would be nice if there was tagging and search functionality in the tickets aside from viewing them either oldest or newest first. It would make it much easier to keep track of the tickets

by Volley on 17/02/2021

Thanks so much for the detailed review, Michelle. We're happy to hear you are enjoying Volley's core functionality.

I love your thoughts about note labels. This is definatley something we plan to explore and a natural next step in terms of features :)

Happy Volleying!

Rob M.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Very handy tool"

Comments: Volley has definitely allowed us to streamline the development of our website and we will now consider the tool in other aspects on future projects.

Pros: Volley has been well thought out with regards to its functionality and simplicity of use. I've personally implemented Volley as a way to report bugs and styling issues in a beta website that I'm outsourcing. Volley allows me to pin the issues on the staging site to give feedback to my developers for changes needed.

Cons: It would be handy if Volley also included the URL of the specific webpage that I'm on when capturing a screenshot. As a workaround, I just copy the URL and paste it at the bottom of my comment but it'd be neat to have an "Include URL" tickbox.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review Rob.

I'm excited to let you know that we actually do include the URL from the webpage where your note was capturred. You can click "Details" just below the note text to see the URL. Here's a quick video explaining:

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2021
Bryan L.
Co-Founder
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Great Product, Excited to see its future"

Pros: Streamlines design process in a new approach

Cons: This is a new product to the game. Designers will be skeptical of completely switching to using it full time if it's uncertain how long it will be around.

Usman S.
Usman S.
Web Developer

"Easy to use"

Comments: The overall experience is good

Pros: I like almost every feature. It's easy to use and easy to navigate. I am using this as a user and with my client to keep him updated on projects I am working on.

Cons: The user interface will be needs some cool and attractive color scheming other than that its fine.

Art Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Time saving tool"

Comments: It's easy to use and I really like the minimal interface.

Pros: Everyone involved in developing a digital product spends countless hours implementing feedback comments after the first prototype is launched. This tool just cuts in half the time because you will stop guessing what the person on the other side of the screen meant to say.

Cons: Not all clients are tech-savvy and installing a browser extension could be a daunting task.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Heather S.
Marketing Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Easy website markup for team"

Pros: I liked the functionality to add comments to a website page to share with my developer.

Cons: It was difficult at first to learn how to turn the commenting on and off on a website page.

Raúl P.
Marketer
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees

"Not bad"

Pros: It's coool and helps me in my daily tasks

Cons: It's slow and I would prefer to have better ui

Ben A.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"The best collaborative software for webdesigners I have seen!"

Comments: Volley takes my WordPress website design business and maintenance services to a whole new level of professionality.

Pros: Volley makes it extremely easy to take a screenshot of something on the internet and leave a comment for discussion. It can be an issue on a site I'm developing for a customer, an issue after website updates for my care plan customers or something a customer likes on another site that they would like implemented on theirs. And the best thing is that Volley is just getting better and better with more features. The authors are super easy to reach out to and the public roadmap is really worked on and you can leave suggestions there.

Cons: It can be a little bit difficult for users to start using the first time and also everything is in English and not translated to Swedish.

Edison P.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Excellent product for customer corrections"

Comments: my way of working with this application is that I create a project for each website of my clients. and I add my clients as collaborators of only that project. Therefore, from the chrome extension, only the project that was given permission appears. This is an incredibly fast and efficient way for my clients to request changes to their websites.

Pros: I like that it has just enough for my clients to send their website comments and corrections, and that someone on my team can review it. it is simple, with private spaces and does not need a learning curve.

Cons: Before, the con was that they did not have notifications when users made notes, therefore I did not know if news from my users had arrived. This was corrected a few months ago, so he no longer has points against. they fixed their faults quickly.

Thanks for your review Edison,

We're so happy you are enjoying Volley. We feel our screenshot UX is a key diferentator for us and it's fantastic to hear that it's also a plus for you.

Animation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Our project management becomes way too easier when we started using Volley."

Comments: We used volley for our developer team and it works like a charm for them when it comes to deal with the feedbacks of clients, previously the software manager use to be the bridge of communication between developer team and clients now volley is doing it amazing, it also helped us to collaborate on the project and making screenshots and resolving issues, it was a good experience using volley.

Pros: One of the best advantages of using volley is that now clients can provide their feedback while our developer team is working on a project, Now clients can see their website and write what changes they need into particular section and provide their feedback, which is best for the project completion and also it helps us to further wasting time while making changes after the work is done.
volley can be integrated to trello which makes us best for our team to work. we can also collaborate using volley.

Cons: There is no cons of using volley for me as based on my experience this programs is easy and comes with lots of features but we will expect more if they provide. overall not faced any issue while using volley.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

We're so happy to hear that Volley has saved you time and that it has been working well for you and your team.

We are indeed planning to launch some exciting new features in the coming months! Here's a link to our product roadmap where you can see what's coming, vote on ideas and even suggest anything you'd like us to build. I read each submission personally :)

Piotr S.
Founding Partner
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Great tool for managing website development"

Comments: Great tool if you build webpages, funnels or landing pages for your online campaigns.

Pros: Everything related to changes to the website in one place. You can gather not only website amendments but also inspirations as it's possible to take screenshots with remarks from other webpages.

Cons: There are some times performance issues especially when you try to draw something on the webpage. It's a little bit too complicated to get remarks on mobile webpages - you have to enter developer mode in Chrome and change the view to mobile - the screenshots are bit large then. Volley could make it bit easier but they are developing the product systematically so I hope it will be possible soon.

by Volley on 22/02/2021

Thanks for th ereview Piotr,

We're glad to hear Volley is working for your current feedback process and inspiration curation.

Great point about mobile. We are currently looking into a few ways this can be improved such as a "mobile" and "tablet" view that's accessable right in the extension!