• Overall
    4.6 /5

About Volley

Fast track design review with quick, visual feedback that gets everyone on the same page.

Learn more about Volley

Michelle U.
Art Director
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Great in concept! Could use some more features"

Comments: Generally positive, really nice to have the added visual element, but the lack of functionality for ticket organization and tracking is a big setback to me. We traditionally use Trello and tried out Volley for a specific project because the dev team already used it. I think in the future I would stick with trello just because it's much easier to organize.

Pros: I love that the tickets automatically generate a screenshot of the issue and link to that page of the site. I also like that you can draw, attach files, and comment anywhere on the screen.

Cons: One issue for me is the lack of organizational options and ticket management beyond "resolved" and "unresolved." I think there's a functional need to add categorization options so that tickets can be files as to do, in progress, ready for QA, opened, etc. Also, it would be nice if there was tagging and search functionality in the tickets aside from viewing them either oldest or newest first. It would make it much easier to keep track of the tickets

by Volley on 17/02/2021

Thanks so much for the detailed review, Michelle. We're happy to hear you are enjoying Volley's core functionality.

I love your thoughts about note labels. This is definatley something we plan to explore and a natural next step in terms of features :)

Happy Volleying!

Amy H.
UX+UI Designer
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Great software but doesn't stand out too much from other solutions (Zeplin, Invision and evrybo)"

Comments: Definitely good, but nothing that stood out from other software. I have seen a very very startup company who offered a similar collaboration tool who had inbuilt ability to 'send for sign off' from the client and get client to check boxes to approve content, design and responsive. The company who did this (Share With Clients) is unfortunately not able to keep up with my other needs - the ability to tab between screens and Flexi width + height. However this element felt like it had massive potential

Pros: I like being able to mark comments as resolved - as a designer this is crucial when you have a list of 100 tasks on design boards to run through. The ability to attach images in comments isn't something I've seen before and was what really persuaded me to try out the software

Cons: The draw functionality - not sure it's needed. I think the ability to reply to comments with mockups is great and is more a priority. I've really enjoyed using this during the trial however couldn't justify the price.

Samuel L.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"A handy little app to communicate website change requests"

Comments: We were looking for a simple app that we and the developers could use to easily communicate change requests and to quickly input these into our project management system. Volley fit this need very well since we were able to do this in a straightforward manner.

Pros: We like that it doesn't try to be a million different things. Also since we are working with a lot of freelance developers, and the ease of use is very much appreciated. It is very much like commenting on a Google Doc.

Cons: It is very limiting to only support Jira and Trello for now. We would love to see an Asana integration as well soon.

Thanks for the review Samuel,
As a UX designer myself, I've worked very hard to ensure that the user expierence of Volley is clean and simple. I'm so happy to hear this is resonating with you and your team.

More integrtions are indeed on the way in 2021! We're looking into Asana, Zapier, Monday, Slack and others.

Animation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Our project management becomes way too easier when we started using Volley."

Comments: We used volley for our developer team and it works like a charm for them when it comes to deal with the feedbacks of clients, previously the software manager use to be the bridge of communication between developer team and clients now volley is doing it amazing, it also helped us to collaborate on the project and making screenshots and resolving issues, it was a good experience using volley.

Pros: One of the best advantages of using volley is that now clients can provide their feedback while our developer team is working on a project, Now clients can see their website and write what changes they need into particular section and provide their feedback, which is best for the project completion and also it helps us to further wasting time while making changes after the work is done.
volley can be integrated to trello which makes us best for our team to work. we can also collaborate using volley.

Cons: There is no cons of using volley for me as based on my experience this programs is easy and comes with lots of features but we will expect more if they provide. overall not faced any issue while using volley.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

We're so happy to hear that Volley has saved you time and that it has been working well for you and your team.

We are indeed planning to launch some exciting new features in the coming months! Here's a link to our product roadmap where you can see what's coming, vote on ideas and even suggest anything you'd like us to build. I read each submission personally :)

Mohammad A.
Product designer

"Volley Review"

Comments: I like the idea that Volley is based on, the collaboration and sharing feedbacks is much quicker and easier, especially on platforms that there is no feature for that or it's poor if exists, and I think Volley has this potential to be much better than this.

Pros: The thing I was really enjoyed using Volley was the process of using it through it's add-on.
It was a quick and efficient way to receive feedback on my designs and also It was very easy for our product manager as well so he don't have to screen shot and crop the screen to write his feedback, specially on designs that was on the Webflow.

Cons: The collaboration on Volley was a bit disappointing, the first time that my manager gave me feedback I asked him a question about that feedback and expected his answer but never received, then after that i realized that I won't be notified through email for the messages that I or him may miss on the project. So this time I went and asked my question on Slack to get his answer.

by Volley on 15/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review Mohammad. Especially as a someone who was added as a colloborator by another. Your thoughts and feedback are extreamly valuable. We're glad you found th eoverall process easy.

In response to your colloboration comments, thanks for the feedback. We recently added a notifications center which will ensure that your fellow colloborators recieve email notifications when you leave feedback from now on :)
You can read more about the newly launched notifications feature here:

Rob M.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Very handy tool"

Comments: Volley has definitely allowed us to streamline the development of our website and we will now consider the tool in other aspects on future projects.

Pros: Volley has been well thought out with regards to its functionality and simplicity of use. I've personally implemented Volley as a way to report bugs and styling issues in a beta website that I'm outsourcing. Volley allows me to pin the issues on the staging site to give feedback to my developers for changes needed.

Cons: It would be handy if Volley also included the URL of the specific webpage that I'm on when capturing a screenshot. As a workaround, I just copy the URL and paste it at the bottom of my comment but it'd be neat to have an "Include URL" tickbox.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review Rob.

I'm excited to let you know that we actually do include the URL from the webpage where your note was capturred. You can click "Details" just below the note text to see the URL. Here's a quick video explaining:

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2021
Serita G.
Founder | Cheif Strategist
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2021

"Must Have Workflow Product"

Pros: Volly makes it extremely easy to monitor and request specific feedback virtually.

Cons: I'd love if in the future I could use this product for video content reviews. It would indeed be a game-changer .

• Reviewed on 21/02/2021
Jacob W.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Volley is a great way to visually communicate with a team."

Comments: This application allows our team to communicate about website changes without the need for an in-person meeting. It also eliminates the need for multiple screen-shot images which can be cumbersome when attempting to comment on multiple elements of our website.

Pros: I like the built-in arrows and drawing tools. Using Volley's drag and drop arrows is much more precise than drawing a scribbly arrow on a screenshot in MS Paint.

Cons: Getting started took me a few minutes to figure out, but after watching the video I was able to get going.

Thanks for th ereview Jacob,

We're happy to hear thet you are enjoying the draw tools. Sometimes a comment just wont cut it :)

Laura P.
Sr. Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Timesaver"

Comments: Using Volley significantly reduces the amount of time and confusion when communicating changes from my clients to the development team!

Pros: The ability to make comments on the functional website is beyond amazing and such a timesaver in relaying changes from my client to the development team. The new feature of allowing screenshots to be pasted into the comment is very nice because I can screenshot how I am seeing it on my end due to differences in screen size/resolution and paste it with the comment.

Cons: Sometimes when there is a pop out menu / overlay when you go to make a comment it closes the pop out and I am unable to make a comment on it so I have to make a comment on the button to pop out.

Thanks for the review Laura,
We're happy Volley is saving you time. Great catch re the popups, we'll look into this right away.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Campbell K.
content creator
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

"Does a good job"

Comments: easy to use

Pros: Very easy to use and intuitive for design.

Cons: not much. I liked most of the features..

by Volley on 17/02/2021

Thanks for the kind words about Volley Campbell!

Chava B.
In-house copywriter
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Website editing made easy!"

Pros: Volley was a dream come true for me as a copywriter. Toggling back and forth between the current version of the copy and my edits/suggestions became a thing of the past. Thanks to Volley, I could quickly and easily scroll through the pages in progress and suggest changes. What a time saver and headache reducer!

Cons: Of course, as with every new software, there's always a learning curve. But I'm confident that this tool will prove itself as having been worth my while.

Leonardo W.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Out of the box solution for webdesigners and collaborative work"

Comments: Very happy with it, it helped us to gather feedback from projects in a more organized manner.

Pros: This is an out of the box solution to improve your workflow with partners and clients from day 1. If you design websites for a living or do some kind of visual work that needs feedback from partners or clients, you need this tool. It's very easy to use, and it will allow you to gather quick feedback about projects , annotations, and visual feedback in any site. Really easy to use tool, better than Userback in my opinion.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like in this app, it's really simple to use and it improved our workflow.

Thanks for the review Leonardo,
We're so happy to have you as a member of the Volley family and to hear that Volley is working well for you. If you ever need anything at all don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Leonardo S.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Easy to use tool that you need!"

Pros: If you do some form of design for clients, you need this tool. Volley is super easy to use, and will empower you with the capability to share feedback between and your clients easily. The problem with most tools like Volley, is that they require some back and forth, sometimes plugins, and things that will make harder for the stakeholders to actually use the tool. Just get this, it's cheap and easy to use

Cons: Can't say anything negative about it, we found out that the app is really easy to use and accomplishes what we need for our workflow.

Thanks for the review Leonardo,
We're so happy to hear that Volley has been a good fit for your current workflow.

Art Director
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Time saving tool"

Comments: It's easy to use and I really like the minimal interface.

Pros: Everyone involved in developing a digital product spends countless hours implementing feedback comments after the first prototype is launched. This tool just cuts in half the time because you will stop guessing what the person on the other side of the screen meant to say.

Cons: Not all clients are tech-savvy and installing a browser extension could be a daunting task.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Thora S.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

"Cool tool"

Comments: It makes it easy to communicate with my web designer about changes to my site.

Pros: I like that I can specify precisely where on a page that a change should be made.

Cons: It sometimes does not acknowledge me and I have to uninstall and reinstall it.

Ben A.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"The best collaborative software for webdesigners I have seen!"

Comments: Volley takes my WordPress website design business and maintenance services to a whole new level of professionality.

Pros: Volley makes it extremely easy to take a screenshot of something on the internet and leave a comment for discussion. It can be an issue on a site I'm developing for a customer, an issue after website updates for my care plan customers or something a customer likes on another site that they would like implemented on theirs. And the best thing is that Volley is just getting better and better with more features. The authors are super easy to reach out to and the public roadmap is really worked on and you can leave suggestions there.

Cons: It can be a little bit difficult for users to start using the first time and also everything is in English and not translated to Swedish.

Travis P.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"So easy and so much more efficient!"

Comments: So we made the decision to try Volley after struggling with an inefficient workflow for review and critique, as well as client design requests. We implemented this tool into our workflow and it has made life so much easier. We now use it for every project!

Pros: This has made our workflow for design review and client change requests a breeze! We are no longer bogged down by emails that are wordy and yet still do not paint the proper picture of a change. This allows a very precise way for the client or reviewer to take a snapshot of the area and mark it up with feedback.

Cons: The only thing I think that may be an issue for certain clients is the chrome requirement, but otherwise I love it.

Vivek G.
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Less bottleneck in our design process with Volley"

Pros: Our team was using various methods including sharing screenshots over emails. With Volley this process has been way more easier and enjoyable. We can easily track what needs to be done and mark it complete inside the app. Our team can now add notes and reply to them within the app without searching for email thread.

Cons: Currently there is no way of giving feedback without installing the google chrome extension. Sometimes we need to share the design with clients for further inputs and hard to explain to them that they need to download and install something to their browser to actually give feedback. But they say volley team is working on it. Once done it would be easier for guests to give feedback.

Thanks for the review Vivek,

We're happy to hear Volley has made your feedback process easier.

We are indeed working on a very simle way to collect feedback without the need for the extension and we can't wait to realease it for all of you!

Adrian W.
brand.creator
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"A must-have tool for every web designer"

Pros: Volley is easier to use, faster and more stable than other software I have used.

Cons: On-boarding instructions for clients could be improved.

Thanks for the feedback Adrian

Stability is mportant to us and we're glad it is resonating with you.

In regards to client onboarding, we agree. We're currently working on a page that you can send your clients that will explain in detail how to use Volley :)

Have a wonderful day!

Edison P.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Excellent product for customer corrections"

Comments: my way of working with this application is that I create a project for each website of my clients. and I add my clients as collaborators of only that project. Therefore, from the chrome extension, only the project that was given permission appears. This is an incredibly fast and efficient way for my clients to request changes to their websites.

Pros: I like that it has just enough for my clients to send their website comments and corrections, and that someone on my team can review it. it is simple, with private spaces and does not need a learning curve.

Cons: Before, the con was that they did not have notifications when users made notes, therefore I did not know if news from my users had arrived. This was corrected a few months ago, so he no longer has points against. they fixed their faults quickly.

Thanks for your review Edison,

We're so happy you are enjoying Volley. We feel our screenshot UX is a key diferentator for us and it's fantastic to hear that it's also a plus for you.

Tom D.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Simple to use and does exactly what it's supposed to!"

Pros: Volley has made our website feedback and revision requests much simpler. It's incredibly easy to use and has a clean and simple UI which adds to that easy to use feeling. The first client we had utilize it, I wasn't sure how it was going to go but he even called (unprompted) to comment how Volley was a "cool little tool" and made his feedback much simpler.

Cons: They're a growing company, so some features are still in the works. While it was easy for clients to use, they still had to create an account and install a Chrome extension. They also now receive emails from Volley such as feature updates, etc. which is a little frustrating as most of these are one-time users. This should be getting resolved soon though as I believe white-label is on the way at the time of this rev iew.

Thanks for your review Tom

The story about your client calling up made my morning! Really neat to hear.

In regards to clients still recieving emails, this is a good point, we're looking into adding a checkbox when signing up to opt in to updates, especially for anyone invited to colloborate. The last thing we want is for Volley to feel spammy.

Maybe something like this:

Also, youre right! Embedable widget is coming. Here's a video showing the UX

We cant wait to share this with all of you.

Piotr S.
Founding Partner
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Great tool for managing website development"

Comments: Great tool if you build webpages, funnels or landing pages for your online campaigns.

Pros: Everything related to changes to the website in one place. You can gather not only website amendments but also inspirations as it's possible to take screenshots with remarks from other webpages.

Cons: There are some times performance issues especially when you try to draw something on the webpage. It's a little bit too complicated to get remarks on mobile webpages - you have to enter developer mode in Chrome and change the view to mobile - the screenshots are bit large then. Volley could make it bit easier but they are developing the product systematically so I hope it will be possible soon.

Thanks for th ereview Piotr,

We're glad to hear Volley is working for your current feedback process and inspiration curation.

Great point about mobile. We are currently looking into a few ways this can be improved such as a "mobile" and "tablet" view that's accessable right in the extension!

Luke D.
HR
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: The best thing i have ever worked with.

Pros: How easy it is to work with and specially being the 1st time ever using the product went smoothly.

Cons: Nothing it was terrific. There is no cons it's just terrific and easy to use.

by Volley on 15/02/2021

Thank you so much for your review, Luke. We're so happy that getting started with Volley was easy for you. We've worked hard to make the onboarding as seamless as possible.