• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Volley

Fast track design review with quick, visual feedback that gets everyone on the same page.

Learn more about Volley

Samuel L.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"A handy little app to communicate website change requests"

Comments: We were looking for a simple app that we and the developers could use to easily communicate change requests and to quickly input these into our project management system. Volley fit this need very well since we were able to do this in a straightforward manner.

Pros: We like that it doesn't try to be a million different things. Also since we are working with a lot of freelance developers, and the ease of use is very much appreciated. It is very much like commenting on a Google Doc.

Cons: It is very limiting to only support Jira and Trello for now. We would love to see an Asana integration as well soon.

Thanks for the review Samuel,
As a UX designer myself, I've worked very hard to ensure that the user expierence of Volley is clean and simple. I'm so happy to hear this is resonating with you and your team.

More integrtions are indeed on the way in 2021! We're looking into Asana, Zapier, Monday, Slack and others.

Andreas G.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"This tool saving me 5h time every week"

Pros: It is allways ready exactly at the moment you need it. At the moment you want to report an error, show your subworkers, developers, designers etc. what you see and link everything together.
Instead to take screenshots, open email paste in use some additional software to mark items etc.
This all is in one tool together with kind of chat/commenting system behind.

Cons: I am looking for a way to use it for regular work/maintenance. Already have given that to the ideas and hope it will be on the roadmap soon.

Thanks for the review Andreas,

We're happy that Volley is saving you tons of time every day.

We appriciate that you have made a request on our product roadmap. I can confirm that we have recieved it and are planning to explore.

Have a wonderful day!

Leonardo W.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Out of the box solution for webdesigners and collaborative work"

Comments: Very happy with it, it helped us to gather feedback from projects in a more organized manner.

Pros: This is an out of the box solution to improve your workflow with partners and clients from day 1. If you design websites for a living or do some kind of visual work that needs feedback from partners or clients, you need this tool. It's very easy to use, and it will allow you to gather quick feedback about projects , annotations, and visual feedback in any site. Really easy to use tool, better than Userback in my opinion.

Cons: There is nothing I don't like in this app, it's really simple to use and it improved our workflow.

Thanks for the review Leonardo,
We're so happy to have you as a member of the Volley family and to hear that Volley is working well for you. If you ever need anything at all don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Anthony C.
Tattoo Artist / Business Owner
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Worked great for setting up my website"

Pros: My employees could communicate about the changes they needed to make easily and quickly.

Cons: There were too many email notifications.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review Anthony

We're thrilled that Volley is streamlining your communication process.

In regards to the notifications, you can visit the "Notifications" tab in your settings to configure the notifications how you like. Hopefully this is helpful and we'll continue to dial in the email frequency. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Jozsef S.
UX/UI Designer
Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2021

"The best design review tool I've used"

Comments: Really positive, I've been enjoying using it. I look forward to the new versions and features of this software.

Pros: Reviewing live sites and apps has been a challenging task but with Volley, we've been able to simplify the process and give direct and accurate feedback to our developers.

Cons: Reviewing mobile websites (device emulation in Chrome) on a desktop device is a bit cumbersome due to the positioning of the popup overlay. I wish there was a basic shape draw tool (along with the hand draw tool) to be able to hand off more precise review documents. Also, the ability to create groups/folders of projects would make our dashboard more organized and easy to follow.

Herman K.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Nice to play with Volley"

Comments: Some customers communicate with a lot of emails without any structure. With Volley it's more structured and also easy for customer to see the status of open items.

Pros: I before used MarkUp, but that is quit slow and often it didn't work nice.

Cons: Login when using a passwordmanager in your browser it will show the password of the website you are working on instead of the password of Volley.

Chase W.
Managing PArnter

"Amazing Product"

Pros: Takes the guess work out of QA for web builds for our team

Cons: No complaints so far keep up the great work

Lukasz K.
Website Strategist
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Simple and does the job!"

Pros: Fantastic App. Really easy way to communicate website changes with clients. I love the fact that you can leave comments directly on the live site. Resolving comments of a project is simple and intuitive as well.

Cons: The only con is that there is no white label option and no embeddable widget yet, but this will be added soon and then it will be ideal.

by Volley on 17/02/2021

Thank you for the review Lukasz.

We're happy to hear you are finding Volley intuitive.

Yep! Embedable widget is coming very soon and we cant wait to share it with all of you :)

Gina B.
Marketing VP
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2021

"Perfect for clients"

Comments: This has changed our feedback from clients and has made the final revisions process so much easier! we totally recommend using this if you are a designer.

Pros: We love having this as our design companion when sharing web page designs with the clients

Cons: No cons that I can think of, truly. None of our clients have had any trouble getting online.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2021
Content Marketer
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Great way to catchup on developments"

Pros: The ease of use! I mean, the simplicity of using this product has to be its a highlight. When I start working, I want to interact with tools that don't take up much of my headspace and Volley is exactly that!

Cons: Considering it's a feedback tool, more functionalities to record a statement, highlight a text would be appreciated.

by Volley on 22/02/2021

Thanks so much for the review. We're thrilled that using Volley has been frictionless for you.

Glad to hear that more highlight tools would be useful. We plan to explore this.

Raúl S.
Web Designer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2021

"It´s necesary"

Comments: i receive feedback from my clients in good way. it´s a time saver for me.

Pros: the feedback from my custormers, it helps me to get order on my work.

Cons: i´m waiting the widget... it´s very hard for non technics install de extension, etc... Need more easy start use volley for my clients.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2021
Ben A.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"The best collaborative software for webdesigners I have seen!"

Comments: Volley takes my WordPress website design business and maintenance services to a whole new level of professionality.

Pros: Volley makes it extremely easy to take a screenshot of something on the internet and leave a comment for discussion. It can be an issue on a site I'm developing for a customer, an issue after website updates for my care plan customers or something a customer likes on another site that they would like implemented on theirs. And the best thing is that Volley is just getting better and better with more features. The authors are super easy to reach out to and the public roadmap is really worked on and you can leave suggestions there.

Cons: It can be a little bit difficult for users to start using the first time and also everything is in English and not translated to Swedish.

Edison P.
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Excellent product for customer corrections"

Comments: my way of working with this application is that I create a project for each website of my clients. and I add my clients as collaborators of only that project. Therefore, from the chrome extension, only the project that was given permission appears. This is an incredibly fast and efficient way for my clients to request changes to their websites.

Pros: I like that it has just enough for my clients to send their website comments and corrections, and that someone on my team can review it. it is simple, with private spaces and does not need a learning curve.

Cons: Before, the con was that they did not have notifications when users made notes, therefore I did not know if news from my users had arrived. This was corrected a few months ago, so he no longer has points against. they fixed their faults quickly.

Thanks for your review Edison,

We're so happy you are enjoying Volley. We feel our screenshot UX is a key diferentator for us and it's fantastic to hear that it's also a plus for you.

Animation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Our project management becomes way too easier when we started using Volley."

Comments: We used volley for our developer team and it works like a charm for them when it comes to deal with the feedbacks of clients, previously the software manager use to be the bridge of communication between developer team and clients now volley is doing it amazing, it also helped us to collaborate on the project and making screenshots and resolving issues, it was a good experience using volley.

Pros: One of the best advantages of using volley is that now clients can provide their feedback while our developer team is working on a project, Now clients can see their website and write what changes they need into particular section and provide their feedback, which is best for the project completion and also it helps us to further wasting time while making changes after the work is done.
volley can be integrated to trello which makes us best for our team to work. we can also collaborate using volley.

Cons: There is no cons of using volley for me as based on my experience this programs is easy and comes with lots of features but we will expect more if they provide. overall not faced any issue while using volley.

by Volley on 16/02/2021

We're so happy to hear that Volley has saved you time and that it has been working well for you and your team.

We are indeed planning to launch some exciting new features in the coming months! Here's a link to our product roadmap where you can see what's coming, vote on ideas and even suggest anything you'd like us to build. I read each submission personally :)

Piotr S.
Founding Partner
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Great tool for managing website development"

Comments: Great tool if you build webpages, funnels or landing pages for your online campaigns.

Pros: Everything related to changes to the website in one place. You can gather not only website amendments but also inspirations as it's possible to take screenshots with remarks from other webpages.

Cons: There are some times performance issues especially when you try to draw something on the webpage. It's a little bit too complicated to get remarks on mobile webpages - you have to enter developer mode in Chrome and change the view to mobile - the screenshots are bit large then. Volley could make it bit easier but they are developing the product systematically so I hope it will be possible soon.

Thanks for th ereview Piotr,

We're glad to hear Volley is working for your current feedback process and inspiration curation.

Great point about mobile. We are currently looking into a few ways this can be improved such as a "mobile" and "tablet" view that's accessable right in the extension!

Kagan O.
CHRO
Human Resources, Self Employed

"Best Product"

Comments: Best, easy ans useful

Pros: I have used it and this perfect. Maybe again you can sell it from appsumo:)
My friends wants to buy it.

Cons: Nothing. But you can make it a little bit cheaper:)

Manolis P.
Head of Business Design
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"A trustworthy tool, a timesaver"

Comments: Very satisfied so far

Pros: Easy too use with more than enough features to get effortless feedback on designs. It’s has helped us speed up our client sign off processes.

Cons: We would like to have a safari add on to be able to use it

Max M.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2021

"Haven't used it a ton, but really enjoy using it when I do"

Comments: Overall, Volley has been great. Like I said we've had limited experience using it, but those few times we've used it have been excellent. I'd definitely recommend it on forums or social media I post on if I ever see anyone needing this sort of service.

Pros: I like the commenting feature where it takes screenshots of the pages and my boss can leave me feedback / comments / changes that need to be made when we are building out websites. That way he can show me directly on the page what needs to be changed, and once it's done I just mark it complete. It helps us stay organized and makes sure I complete the tasks that need to be done.

Cons: We've only used Volley on 4-5 website builds so far, but in that limited experience with it, I personally haven't found any cons about it. Everything works well for the needs we use it for!

Thanks for the review Max,

Sounds like your team is using Volley to do exactly what we created it for! If you ever have any questions or needs, feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected] anytime day or night.

Fifa T.
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"This is such a fantastic tool I'd highly recommend for all web designers!"

Comments: Volley has helped me eliminate a lot of the back-and-forth between my clients and facilitates the process of revisions and feedback needed to make the project a success. I'm just so happy that a tool like this exists!

Pros: I absolutely LOVE that there is a tool like this to help facilitate the feedback process with all of my client's designs. It's super easy to teach my clients how to use it and seamlessly integrates into my business process. I really love that it creates a sort of a to-do list of different revision requests that my clients want me to make.

Cons: If there was a feature to zoom in on images, that would be very helpful.

Timur B.
founder
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Easy-to-use tool to comment on your webpages"

Comments: The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive and is always there to help in case you have any questions.

Pros: No learning curve. Just install a Chrome extension and comment on any webpage. You can easily create a project right from the Chrome extension or add to the existing one. Then, your teammates can join in and you can continue the conversation in the Volley App. Very easy to use and get an instant feedback on any element of your webpage.

Cons: It's really designed for webpages only. If you need to collaborate on images, you need to upload them to GD or other online doc first to get a URL.

Jacob W.
Principal

"It's hard to use"

Comments: Okay but since we pay for Adobe, XD seems to work better for our workflow. We already pay for adobe and this fits.

Pros: That it seemed like a good collaboration tool that we could use to review mockups from our back office team.

Cons: It wasn't easy to share. The back office had issues. The 3 users seem to be confusing or not connecting.

Marija Š.
Customer Success Manager

"Simple, easy, intuitive"

Comments: This is a great tool that can save your team a LOT of precious time and energy.

Pros: It's intuitive and simple, my favorite feature is the fact that notes can be exported to Jira

Cons: Can't think of any cons, I'm waiting for new features and integrations.

Katelyn T.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Easy to use with clients"

Pros: I am a very visual person, so having a client be able to pinpoint exactly where they want a change to a web design is very helpful.

Cons: None that i have found so far! But I am not the user that implemented this product.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2021
Zerline H.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Worked for me for seamless project management/editing"

Comments: Helpful and made website editing process seamless

Pros: Easy to comment, work live and for quick turnaround

Cons: Challenging to set up as extension at first as an amateur setting up apps, Chrome extensions

Steven J.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Great software made easy"

Pros: The thing I like most about volley is that you can work directly on the website. You don't need to download a third-party app, then someone put your website into that. It's as simple as installing the extension, then you're good to go.

Cons: Nothing so far. It's a great product and I haven't found anything that could be improved at this point.

Thanks for your review Steven,
We designed Volley to be quick and easy to get rolling and we're so glad this is ringing true for you.

Have a wonderful day!